Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
'Laverne & Shirley' actor Cindy Williams dies at 75 | AP News
https://apnews.com/article/televisi...illiams-5a9237089972dc449e2046702e82d7bd

LOS ANGELES (AP) — Cindy Williams, who played Shirley opposite Penny Marshall’s Laverne on the popular sitcom “Laverne & Shirley,” has died, her family said Monday.

Williams died in Los Angeles at age 75 on Wednesday after a brief illness, her children, Zak and Emily Hudson, said in a statement released through family spokeswoman Liza Cranis.

“The passing of our kind, hilarious mother, Cindy Williams, has brought us insurmountable sadness that could never truly be expressed,” the statement said. “Knowing and loving her has been our joy and privilege. She was one of a kind, beautiful, generous and possessed a brilliant sense of humor and a glittering spirit that everyone loved.”

Williams also starred in director George Lucas’ 1973 film “American Graffiti” and director Francis Ford Coppola’s “The Conversation” from 1974.

But she was by far best known for “Laverne & Shirley,” the “Happy Days” spinoff that ran on ABC from 1976 to 1983 that in its prime was among the most popular shows on TV.

Williams played the straitlaced Shirley to Marshall’s more libertine Laverne on the show about a pair of roommates that worked at a Milwaukee bottling factory in the 1950s and 60s.

Marshall, whose brother, Garry Marshall, co-created the series, died in 2018.

“Laverne & Shirley” was known almost as much for its opening theme as the show itself. Williams’ and Marshall’s chant of “schlemiel, schlimazel” as they skipped together became a cultural phenomenon and oft-invoked piece of nostalgia.

Micah 6:8; He has shown you, O mortal, what is good. And what does the Lord require of you? To act justly and to love mercy, and to walk humbly with your God.

John 14:19 Jesus said: Because I live, you also will live.
A
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
A
The Conversation is a great movie.

One of the funnier things I remember about Laverne and Shirley is that wiggle (upper torso) dance she used to do to entice Carmine. Very talented comedian.

RIP

Last edited by AZBrown; 01/30/23 09:16 PM.
A
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
A
I also recall her stuffed animal "Boo Boo Kitty".

I'm probably losing a lot of younger folks here, but it's weird the tiny things you remember from 40 years ago - but ask what I did last Thursday evening......I don't know.

Again, RIP.

E
Legend
Legend
E
RIP

No Craps Given
L
Legend
Legend
L
I remember liking that show when I was a prs-teen but grew out of it. It’s on one of the classics TV channels we get , and I’ve watched it a couple times and it was pretty corny, in hindsight. I believe Lenny is the only one still alive from that series.

RIP Cindy, I always like petite brunettes (even married one wink ).

[Linked Image from i28.photobucket.com]

gmstrong

-----------------

2023: The year we got a legit D.
Legend
Legend
Originally Posted by AZBrown
I also recall her stuffed animal "Boo Boo Kitty".

I'm probably losing a lot of younger folks here, but it's weird the tiny things you remember from 40 years ago - but ask what I did last Thursday evening......I don't know.

Again, RIP.

Just ask Alexa she knows what you did lol

I AM ALWAYS RIGHT... except when I am wrong.
Legend
Legend
RIP Cindy

"First down inside the 10. A score here will put us in the Super Bowl. Cooper is far to the left as Njoku settles into the slot. Moore is flanked out wide to the right. Chubb and Ford are split in the backfield as Watson takes the snap ... Here we go."
Legend
Legend
Originally Posted by lampdogg
I remember liking that show when I was a prs-teen but grew out of it. It’s on one of the classics TV channels we get , and I’ve watched it a couple times and it was pretty corny, in hindsight. I believe Lenny is the only one still alive from that series.

RIP Cindy, I always like petite brunettes (even married one wink ).

And "Lenny" (Michael McKean) played Chuck McGill on Better Call Saul. Good show.

RIP Cindy.

DawgTalkers.net Forums DawgTalk Everything Else... Rest in Peace Shirley (Cindy Williams)

Link Copied to Clipboard