Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#2002959 02/06/23 09:53 AM
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
Not sure what is to be made of this new departure/experiment. Personally, I didn't care for the "real" game such as it was and what it had decayed to. But it was an honor as well. I really was surprised that it morphed into this product. Still some payoff for the "winners" and I just wanted to see some discussion and reaction to the spectacle that we cobbled together. rolleyes

"Every responsibility implies opportunity, and every opportunity implies responsibility." Otis Allen Glazebrook, 1880
F
Legend
Legend
F
About the only thing I saw was the trampoline jump into a mat and catch contest? It was really lame.

We don't have to agree with each other, to respect each others opinion.
Legend
Legend
Only saw clips online. Looked really dumb. Just end the charade if you aren’t going to have a semi-decent game

"First down inside the 10. A score here will put us in the Super Bowl. Cooper is far to the left as Njoku settles into the slot. Moore is flanked out wide to the right. Chubb and Ford are split in the backfield as Watson takes the snap ... Here we go."
P
Legend
Legend
P
I think what was done is obvious. The Pro bowl hasn't been about being a "semi-decent game" for a very long time. More of a dog and pony show. It's just that now the NFL has decided to own up to that and make it a strictly entertainment production that really isn't about trying to fool anyone into believing the game is about being a competitive sports contest. They are trying to mitigate the danger of injuries and put on a show, not a sports contest.

If you're looking for football the Pro bowl isn't the place to look. If you're looking for laughs and entertainment, depending on your taste, it might be. When you pair up the Manning brothers as opposing coaches, you know it's about entertainment.

Intoducing for The Cleveland Browns, Quarterback Deshawn "The Predator" Watson. He will also be the one to choose your next head coach.

#gmstrong
F
Legend
Legend
F
They should just make it like the old TV show "Battle Of The Network Stars".

We don't have to agree with each other, to respect each others opinion.
2 members like this: FATE, AZBrown
P
Legend
Legend
P
To me that's pretty much what it is now only with a flag football game thrown in at the end.

Intoducing for The Cleveland Browns, Quarterback Deshawn "The Predator" Watson. He will also be the one to choose your next head coach.

#gmstrong
Legend
Legend
The flag football games were fun to watch... the best catch competition was a bit dumb... water balloon toss was dumb... some of the other contests were ok... but overall I did enjoy the flag football more than I thought I would...

<><

#gmstrong
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
Conceptual fail. The Pro Bowl had become pointedly lame. This oddity that was hyped didn't intrigue me in the least. Pass/fail.

"Every responsibility implies opportunity, and every opportunity implies responsibility." Otis Allen Glazebrook, 1880
H
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
H
How about hot dog eating contest, wheel barrel race, apple bobbing contest-- I'd love to see how many dogs some of those guys could consume. Tom Brady wouldn't eat one- but once a year stupidity, why not?

"You've never lived till you've almost died, life has a flavor the protected will never know" A vet or cop
DawgTalkers.net Forums The Archives 2022 NFL Season NFL 2022 Post Season New & Improved Pro Bowl?

Link Copied to Clipboard