Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
M
Legend
Legend
M
Originally Posted by MemphisBrownie
It amazes me what people read on social media and take for truth.

It amazes me what people read from the media and journalists, in general, and take it for the truth. Then regurgitate it, verbatim, within their own world whether in-person or virtually.

There are countless examples of this just on Dawgtalkers. Mainly by the same repeat offenders, but it is an issue.

In keeping with the notion that some posters (you for example) often post in memes only ....

[Linked Image from media.giphy.com]

The more things change the more they stay the same.
F
Legend
Legend
F
Originally Posted by Clemdawg
Seems like if people would stay off social media, they wouldn't be affected by this propaganda.

Totally get your sentiment, but see it a bit differently.
Those who are susceptible to propaganda of any type will eventually become targets/purveyors. When I was 13, a classmate in our Jr. Hi School was caught with a trove of Klan tracts and pamphlets in his locker. That was in 1970. No internet. No 'instantaneous social media.' Same poison- just delivered slower and more organically, back then.

It amazes me what people read on social media and take for truth. Even people I once thought where intelligent enough to see through the BS.

I know, right?
A friend I've had for more than 40 years followed a rabbit hole a few years back. He's now a stranger who I don't recognize. This was something I never saw coming.

I have distanced myself from some people because they got sucked into the crap they read, and I personally have deleted all my social media accounts. I only know of this stuff from this forum.

I haven't gone quite so far. I still have an active fb account.
The best thing ever did: I set my feed for 'friends only' from Day One. As a result, I get all the updates from friends/fam that I can stand, without the rest of The World's toxicity.

I totally understand your motivation to delete all social media. I've taken a different tack: I've chosen to stay engaged, adapt to/understand the hidden algorithms that react to/manipulate our browsing habits, and have taken steps to actively control my digital output.

I don't want to be totally cut off from this aspect of modern daily life. I want to find a healthy way to deal with it.
I'll let you know if I ever find a solution.

Stay tuned. I haven't given up yet-
wink

I get it, my choice to delete social media was multi-part.

One was that I just didn't really log in and look at it anymore, another was when I did, it was mostly BS and people arguing over stupid stuff, that neither put any effort into truly understanding rather than argue the agenda bullet-points. And 3rd, I didn't get anything out of it personally, so why bother.

Anything important in the world going on, gets posted here. I can usually get the information, and multiple viewpoints and perspectives in a short time frame, and then if I want to know more, I can research myself.

We don't have to agree with each other, to respect each others opinion.
1 member likes this: Clemdawg
P
PitDAWG Offline OP
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
P
The common theme with some is that the vast majority of the media does nothing but lie while the select few they choose to listen to are the only ones who tell the truth. Then one party elects the biggest proven liar to ever sit in the White House. And most of the sources they choose to listen to tend to support his proven lies.

Intoducing for The Cleveland Browns, Quarterback Deshawn "The Predator" Watson. He will also be the one to choose your next head coach.

#gmstrong
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
AP and Reuters, I keep saying, but that is news, rarely opinion.

There will be no playoffs. Can’t play with who we have out there and compounding it with garbage playcalling and worse execution. We don’t have good skill players on offense period. Browns 20 - Bears 17.

M
Legend
Legend
M
often post in memes only

"60% of the time it works every time"

Tackles are tackles.
1 member likes this: mgh888
M
Legend
Legend
M
And most of the sources they choose to listen to tend to support his proven lies.

Oh, the irony.

Tackles are tackles.
P
PitDAWG Offline OP
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
P
I see you provided no evidence to the contrary. What, no meme? So this is part of the other 40% of the time?

Intoducing for The Cleveland Browns, Quarterback Deshawn "The Predator" Watson. He will also be the one to choose your next head coach.

#gmstrong
Legend
Legend
[Linked Image from media.tenor.com]

HERE WE GO BROWNIES! HERE WE GO!!
M
Legend
Legend
M
So this is part of the other 40% of the time?

Someone didn't get it.

Tackles are tackles.
P
PitDAWG Offline OP
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
P
I had faith in you that you would find yet another mindless meme to respond with! You never let me down. Oh I get it.

#gmstrong
M
Legend
Legend
M
No. No you didn't.

Tackles are tackles.
P
PitDAWG Offline OP
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
P
rofl

There's really not that much to get. But you keep acting like it's complicated. It's not. I've seen Anchorman.

But please, do go on.....

#gmstrong
M
Legend
Legend
M
Of course it was from Anchorman. That's not the point.....keep going though, you're almost there.

Tackles are tackles.
P
PitDAWG Offline OP
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
P
Sure, that wasn't the point and nobody could possibly get what you're saying. Sometimes I don't think you even hear yourself.

#gmstrong
B
Legend
Legend
B
Originally Posted by PitDAWG
Originally Posted by Ballpeen
Originally Posted by mgh888
I think it's important to differentiate between a hate group reacting to media coverage of a demographic they hate - versus reacting to over saturation in the news of a group, or as a reaction to the riots and looting that followed the BLM protests. Those two things are not the same. And being nudged in a direction is different than reacting with hate towards a demographic just because of who they are.

I agree. I just don't think the problem is as large as some tend to think. As some tend to keep pushing it forward, I tend to tune it out and not care as much.

Or maybe some don't realize just how big the problem is. Each year these incidents increase. They actually keep track of them. Each year these extremists groups grow larger. The fact that some wish to ignore and downplay that doesn't mean that the issue isn't larger than they're willing to admit.

I know there is a problem. My problem is how some crimes are labeled hate crimes and some aren't. All crimes are targeted for one reason or another.

If everybody had like minds, we would never learn.

GM Strong

[Linked Image]
P
PitDAWG Offline OP
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
P
I understand what you're saying. But there is a definition of what a hate crime is, means is clearly spelled out. It is a tool to help qualify and keep a record of targeted group.

Hate

The term "hate" can be misleading. When used in a hate crime law, the word "hate" does not mean rage, anger, or general dislike. In this context “hate” means bias against people or groups with specific characteristics that are defined by the law.

At the federal level, hate crime laws include crimes committed on the basis of the victim’s perceived or actual race, color, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, or disability.

Most state hate crime laws include crimes committed on the basis of race, color, and religion; many also include crimes committed on the basis of sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, and disability.

https://www.justice.gov/hatecrimes/learn-about-hate-crimes

While it seems the problem you have with it is the term being used is "a hate crime". Surely you're not objecting in some gauge being used to determine the amount, increase or decrease of such crimes are you? Or should we just ignore this and act like it isn't a issue that deserves to be kept track of?

The government has been using the term hate crime since 1968 throughout several Democratic and Republican administrations. Only as of late has it become such a big issue. It makes one wonder about the motivation as to why.

#gmstrong
H
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
H
Complete baloney, please checkout Hey Jackass, Chicago....they for DECADES have monitored media/law enforcement statistics....check as of May 2023- Police shootings- 3 killed, 2 wounded- 2 cops shot....now general population in Chicago so far in 2023 - 216 killed, 822 shot- 233 HOMICIDES- by ethnicity- 80.8 percent black, 15.9 percent hispanic, 3.3 percent white/other......duh!! are people of color shooting and killing each other.....and the COPS are the problem.....BALONEY.....point the finger where it belongs.

"You've never lived till you've almost died, life has a flavor the protected will never know" A vet or cop
P
PitDAWG Offline OP
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
P
So there's only one problem? And we should only focus on that problem and ignore all the other problems? Brilliant!

#gmstrong
E
Legend
Legend
E
So there's only one problem? And we should only focus on that problem and ignore all the other problems? Brilliant!

Thats exactly what you do.

No Craps Given
P
PitDAWG Offline OP
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
P
Well of course it is. rofl

#gmstrong
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
90% of the reason hate speech is up is probably because people call Trump a Nazi on Twitter daily.

Waiting for the day my name will mean something
E
Legend
Legend
E
I think its mostly because of hate towards white people from the libtards. Especially towards white males.

No Craps Given
T
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
T
Originally Posted by OldColdDawg
Originally Posted by jaybird
Originally Posted by WooferDawg
Well, if the cops would stop killing blacks for no justifiable reason, organizations like BLM would likely fade away.

Too many examples of black people being killed to ignore.

I wasn't saying the protest of George Flyod's death wasn't justified... just saying that having days of protests and some rioting probably led to an uptick in White Supremacists....

That happens anytime a minority group stands up for true equality in America; it always has, always will, until it's stomped out.

All minority groups are already equal in America. There's nothing holding back anyone else from achieving anything they want. Stop with the victim mentality Old Cold.

Also, I'd actually question how many people care about this? Really? Its an incredibly small issue if one at all. The main issues in the country that must be addressed right now are inflation, the mental health crisis, the southern border.

Find what you love and let it kill you.

-Charles Bukowski
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Sure, just like Plessy versus Ferguson (separate but equal) was.

The current tactic of the GOP is to deny that any type of racism exists and label people as Woke if they question if race is a contributing factor.

See George Floyd et. al.

There will be no playoffs. Can’t play with who we have out there and compounding it with garbage playcalling and worse execution. We don’t have good skill players on offense period. Browns 20 - Bears 17.

1 member likes this: mgh888
B
Legend
Legend
B
I understand what you're saying. But there is a definition of what a hate crime is, means is clearly spelled out. It is a tool to help qualify and keep a record of targeted group.

Hate

The term "hate" can be misleading. When used in a hate crime law, the word "hate" does not mean rage, anger, or general dislike. In this context “hate” means bias against people or groups with specific characteristics that are defined by the law.

At the federal level, hate crime laws include crimes committed on the basis of the victim’s perceived or actual race, color, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, or disability.

Most state hate crime laws include crimes committed on the basis of race, color, and religion; many also include crimes committed on the basis of sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, and disability.

https://www.justice.gov/hatecrimes/learn-about-hate-crimes

While it seems the problem you have with it is the term being used is "a hate crime". Surely you're not objecting in some gauge being used to determine the amount, increase or decrease of such crimes are you? Or should we just ignore this and act like it isn't a issue that deserves to be kept track of?

The government has been using the term hate crime since 1968 throughout several Democratic and Republican administrations. Only as of late has it become such a big issue. It makes one wonder about the motivation as to why.

I agree. The problem is it has become a political tool.

If it is a right leaning person, it's their being a part of a right wing extreme group.

If they are left leaning, it is a repressed person seeking social justice. So in short, unless the narrative is leveled, I don't listen anymore. I don't listen because if I do, I will no longer care.

Let me ask you this. Since when have you become agreeable to the FBI? I'll bet you weren't much of a fan in the late 60's when they had their lists of various people, possibly of people much like you or I.

Radicals, right wing extremist...is it really any different? I didn't like it then, I don't like it now.

GM Strong

[Linked Image]
O
Legend
Legend
O
You’ll have that with fascism run amuck in red states. I mean just look at MAGA: Fascists, White Supremacists, Coup/Insurrectionists, and Traitors everywhere you look… not to mention the every day idiots.

Last edited by OldColdDawg; 05/25/23 07:51 PM.

Your feelings and opinions do not add up to facts.
M
Legend
Legend
M
Originally Posted by EveDawg
I think its mostly because of hate towards white people from the libtards. Especially towards white males.

Yep - that was on the top of the DHS list of domestic threats to the USA. . . . .

The more things change the more they stay the same.
D
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
D
You’ll have that with fascism run amuck in red states. I mean just look at MAGA: Fascists, White Supremacists, Coup/Insurrectionists, and Traitors everywhere you look… not to mention the every day idiots.

Cuckoo-for-cocoa puffs!!!

Romans 10:9 "That if thou shalt confess with thy mouth the Lord Jesus, and believe in thy heart that God hath raised him from the dead, thou shalt be saved."
1 member likes this: FATE
M
Legend
Legend
M
Originally Posted by Day of the Dawg

Cuckoo-for-cocoa puffs!!!

There is a a lot of that on here.

Tackles are tackles.
Legend
Legend
J/C. no surprises here. The left points out the issues and the right makes excuses for deplorable actions. Moving along.

Some day, following the example of the United States of America, there will be a United States of Europe.

George Washington
P
PitDAWG Offline OP
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
P
Originally Posted by Ballpeen
Let me ask you this. Since when have you become agreeable to the FBI? I'll bet you weren't much of a fan in the late 60's when they had their lists of various people, possibly of people much like you or I.

Radicals, right wing extremist...is it really any different? I didn't like it then, I don't like it now.

First let me say that nobody just gets a free pass. Much as with anything else I take things on a case by case basis. I can agree with a group, party or government agency on some things while disagreeing with them on others. You seem to make it sound as if I agree with the FBI about everything. I certainly do not. And it seems that a part of what you're missing here is this isn't just or even mostly the FBI. It's the DOJ and DHS as well. And their assessment was the same while trump was still president.

J. Edgar Hoover isn't running the FBI anymore.

What you seem to be doing here is comparing things like anti-war protestors with white supremacists, violent extremists and people who attempted to take over the capital in an attempt to stop the certification of our presidential election. Those are nothing close to the same thing and is a terrible case of false equivalency. Anti-war protestors weren't shooting up synagogues.

If I were to use a group like the Weather Underground which was certainly what I consider a domestic terrorist group in the time frame you're speaking of, I support both being investigated and prosecuted when they were found in violation of the law.

#gmstrong
P
PitDAWG Offline OP
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
P
Originally Posted by mgh888
Originally Posted by EveDawg

Yep - that was on the top of the DHS list of domestic threats to the USA. . . . .

10,000 comedians out of work and they're trying to be funny.

#gmstrong
P
PitDAWG Offline OP
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
P
White House unveils strategy to combat antisemitism

The plan aims to address a lack of education about the Holocaust, security at Jewish institutions and the proliferation of conspiracy theories on the internet, among other things.

WASHINGTON — The White House on Thursday released a comprehensive plan to counter antisemitism across the U.S. that includes such things as addressing lack of education about the Holocaust, security at Jewish institutions and the proliferation of conspiracy theories on the Internet.

The strategy features four pillars: increasing awareness and understanding of antisemitism, improving safety for Jewish communities, reversing the normalization of antisemitism and building solidarity among religious groups.

"We must say clearly and forcefully that antisemitism and all forms of hate and violence have no place in America," President Joe Biden said in a video clip at an event announcing the plan, which he said is the "most ambitious and comprehensive U.S. government-led effort to fight antisemitism in American history."

Doug Emhoff, the husband of Vice President Kamala Harris and the first Jewish spouse of a vice president, said at the event that antisemitism has divided American society.

"It threatens our democracy while undermining our American values of freedom, community and decency," he said. "And antisemitism delivers simplistic, false and dangerous narratives that have led to extremists perpetrating deadly violence against Jews."

To increase awareness about antisemitism, outgoing White House domestic policy adviser Susan Rice said that next year, the United States Holocaust Memorial Museum in Washington, D.C. will launch "the first U.S.-based Holocaust education research center." She also said that the National Endowment for the Humanities will expand its investment in K-12 education on Jewish history and added that federal agencies have "committed to incorporating information about antisemitic bias and discrimination into their diversity, equity inclusion and accessibility training programs."

Biden's homeland security adviser, Elizabeth Sherwood-Randall, said that to improve security at synagogues and Jewish institutions, the administration has increased funding to improve the physical security of those buildings and has asked Congress for additional resources. The Department of Homeland Security will also reach out to Jewish communities to "ensure they are receiving and utilizing all the training and resources that are available to them," she said.

In an effort to stop antisemitism from becoming mainstream, Sherwood-Randall said that the White House plan calls on tech companies to establish a zero-tolerance policy for hate speech on their platforms and to ensure that their algorithms do not pass along hate speech and extreme content to users.

Deborah Lipstadt, the U.S. special envoy to monitor and combat antisemitism, called the plan a "historic moment in the modern fight against what’s known as the world’s oldest hatred." She noted that they were introducing the strategy in the same building that once housed the State and War departments and "a form of Jew-hatred took shape as official policy as State Department officials erected so-called paper walls around this country to prevent us from entering our borders."

Under the plan, the FBI and National Counterterrorism Center will conduct an annual threat assessment "on antisemitic drivers of transnational violent extremism that can be shared with technology companies and other nongovernmental partners," said the White House, which released a declassified version of its first assessment on Thursday.

https://www.nbcnews.com/politics/wh...EcGwfQvwL9ZpFrsHtWcps9xDi6g2OmMWbFLYs2jY

#gmstrong
Legend
Legend
That will P.O. a big percentage of the GOP.

Some day, following the example of the United States of America, there will be a United States of Europe.

George Washington
P
PitDAWG Offline OP
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
P
Definitely "The JEWS will not replace us!" types we saw in Charlottesville. You know, where there were "good people on both sides."

#gmstrong
Legend
Legend
And of course there are no good people on the BLM side.

George Washington
B
Legend
Legend
B
White House unveils strategy to combat antisemitism

The plan aims to address a lack of education about the Holocaust, security at Jewish institutions and the proliferation of conspiracy theories on the internet, among other things.

WASHINGTON — The White House on Thursday released a comprehensive plan to counter antisemitism across the U.S. that includes such things as addressing lack of education about the Holocaust, security at Jewish institutions and the proliferation of conspiracy theories on the Internet.

The strategy features four pillars: increasing awareness and understanding of antisemitism, improving safety for Jewish communities, reversing the normalization of antisemitism and building solidarity among religious groups.

"We must say clearly and forcefully that antisemitism and all forms of hate and violence have no place in America," President Joe Biden said in a video clip at an event announcing the plan, which he said is the "most ambitious and comprehensive U.S. government-led effort to fight antisemitism in American history."

Doug Emhoff, the husband of Vice President Kamala Harris and the first Jewish spouse of a vice president, said at the event that antisemitism has divided American society.

"It threatens our democracy while undermining our American values of freedom, community and decency," he said. "And antisemitism delivers simplistic, false and dangerous narratives that have led to extremists perpetrating deadly violence against Jews."

To increase awareness about antisemitism, outgoing White House domestic policy adviser Susan Rice said that next year, the United States Holocaust Memorial Museum in Washington, D.C. will launch "the first U.S.-based Holocaust education research center." She also said that the National Endowment for the Humanities will expand its investment in K-12 education on Jewish history and added that federal agencies have "committed to incorporating information about antisemitic bias and discrimination into their diversity, equity inclusion and accessibility training programs."

Biden's homeland security adviser, Elizabeth Sherwood-Randall, said that to improve security at synagogues and Jewish institutions, the administration has increased funding to improve the physical security of those buildings and has asked Congress for additional resources. The Department of Homeland Security will also reach out to Jewish communities to "ensure they are receiving and utilizing all the training and resources that are available to them," she said.

In an effort to stop antisemitism from becoming mainstream, Sherwood-Randall said that the White House plan calls on tech companies to establish a zero-tolerance policy for hate speech on their platforms and to ensure that their algorithms do not pass along hate speech and extreme content to users.

Deborah Lipstadt, the U.S. special envoy to monitor and combat antisemitism, called the plan a "historic moment in the modern fight against what’s known as the world’s oldest hatred." She noted that they were introducing the strategy in the same building that once housed the State and War departments and "a form of Jew-hatred took shape as official policy as State Department officials erected so-called paper walls around this country to prevent us from entering our borders."

Under the plan, the FBI and National Counterterrorism Center will conduct an annual threat assessment "on antisemitic drivers of transnational violent extremism that can be shared with technology companies and other nongovernmental partners," said the White House, which released a declassified version of its first assessment on Thursday.

https://www.nbcnews.com/politics/wh...EcGwfQvwL9ZpFrsHtWcps9xDi6g2OmMWbFLYs2jY

Who knows, but that seems like seeking votes over anything else.

I don't think many deny or aren't aware of the Holocaust.

I think there is more terror on Asians than Jews.

GM Strong

[Linked Image]
P
PitDAWG Offline OP
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
P
Yes, Democrats are desperate for the Jewish vote. I don't think you've been paying attention to the ever increasing amount of antisemitism in America.

#gmstrong
B
Legend
Legend
B
Like I said, I don't think many are unaware of the Jewish struggle. It isn't always about getting more votes. Most times it is about not losing the vote.

I've said about all I need to say. I am not interested in non-productive talk.

GM Strong

[Linked Image]
P
PitDAWG Offline OP
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
P
It certainly is non productive.

Antisemitic incidents on rise across the U.S., report finds

https://www.pbs.org/newshour/politics/antisemitic-incidents-on-rise-across-the-u-s-report-finds

Antisemitic incidents in the US are at the highest level recorded since the 1970s

https://www.cnn.com/2023/03/23/us/antisemitism-report-unprecedented-rise-dg/index.html

U.S. Antisemitic Incidents Hit Highest Level Ever Recorded, ADL Audit Finds

https://www.adl.org/resources/press...hest-level-ever-recorded-adl-audit-finds

When people get to the point they ignore the reality in order to write their own narrative, productive discussion ends.

#gmstrong
Page 2 of 2 1 2
DawgTalkers.net Forums DawgTalk Palus Politicus White supremacist propaganda in US reaches record high in 2022, ADL reports

Link Copied to Clipboard