Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 10 1 2 3 4 9 10
P
Legend
Legend
P
No we should have kept it a felony for anything over $100 dollars like it was in the 70's. Nobody made these things legal. They simply made some lesser offenses misdemeanors instead of felonies. But I understand how that doesn't fit your narrative.

Intoducing for The Cleveland Browns, Quarterback Deshawn "The Predator" Watson. He will also be the one to choose your next head coach.

#gmstrong
Legend
Legend
Why do you keep whining about the 70's? It was already $450, not $100.

HERE WE GO BROWNIES! HERE WE GO!!
E
EveDawg Online OP
Legend
OP Online
Legend
E
rofl

No Craps Given
P
Legend
Legend
P
What you seem to be missing here is that the U.S. Supreme Court actually ordered that the state of California cut down the prison population. Their prison population was at 200% its actual capacity. The court ordered that the prison population be cut back to 135% of its actual capacity.

Reducing Prison Overcrowding in California

https://lao.ca.gov/reports/2011/crim/overcrowding_080511.aspx

Now people are using headlines and stories that twist this into being some idea and measures that politicians in California just made up to approve of criminal activity. It's simply false. I mean if this is something you want to get into, let's actually get into it.

Intoducing for The Cleveland Browns, Quarterback Deshawn "The Predator" Watson. He will also be the one to choose your next head coach.

#gmstrong
E
EveDawg Online OP
Legend
OP Online
Legend
E
Thats from 2011. You got to get with the current times.

No Craps Given
P
Legend
Legend
P
It is a judgement that was ordered in 2011. Can you explain what that has to do with California taking further measures to comply with the courts order? Or do you believe this is the first step or change they've made to comply with the courts order?

#gmstrong
E
EveDawg Online OP
Legend
OP Online
Legend
E
How about you prove that reducing punishment for theft, which actually results in more theft and more prisoners has anything to do with 2011.

No Craps Given
B
Legend
Legend
B
Originally Posted by WooferDawg
AP or Newsmax... which one should I believe...

AP...

Why.

Past reputation possibly, but they also include a collection of rag reporting sources.

If everybody had like minds, we would never learn.

GM Strong

[Linked Image]
Legend
Legend
“What Prop 47 did is increase the dollar amount by which theft can be prosecuted as a felony from $400 to $950 to adjust for inflation and cost of living,”

thumbsup That's a better col and inflation bump than minimum wage got! Are you seriously trying to make a "nothing to see here" point out of this idiocy?

And into the forest I go, to lose my mind and find my soul.
- John Muir

#GMSTRONG
Legend
Legend
Originally Posted by jfanent
“What Prop 47 did is increase the dollar amount by which theft can be prosecuted as a felony from $400 to $950 to adjust for inflation and cost of living,”

thumbsup That's a better col and inflation bump than minimum wage got! Are you seriously trying to make a "nothing to see here" point out of this idiocy?

Now you fall prey to his bogus argument that the California Supreme Court said to lower inmate count. "You see, I don't really want to argue about truth and common sense, so I'll just move the goalposts".

I don't really care how many are overcrowding the prisons. Charge the felony and put them on house arrest for two years. You can leave for groceries, doctors and your J.O.B. Instead, we have a situation where prison overcrowded is going to be cured by encouraging more crime? GTHOH.

S
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
S
Originally Posted by FATE
Instead, we have a situation where prison overcrowded is going to be cured by encouraging more crime? GTHOH.

It's not surprising given this is the same party that wants to defund the police, leaving no one to enforce laws and allowing criminals to run free.

It's supposed to be hard! If it wasn't hard, everyone would do it. The hard... is what makes it great!
Legend
Legend
Why Shoplifting Is Now De Facto Legal In California

By: Lee Ohanian

Google “Shoplifting in San Francisco” and you will find more than 100,000 hits. And you will find lots of YouTube videos, where you can watch a single thief, or an entire gang, walk into an SF Walgreens or CVS and empty the shelves. Most walk in, go about their pilfering, and then walk out, though at least one thief rode their bike into the store and departed the same way, carefully navigating their two-wheeler down a narrow aisle.

We probably shouldn’t call it shoplifting anymore, since that term connotes the idea of a person trying to conceal their crime. In San Francisco, there is no attempt to conceal theft, and there is almost never any effort by store employees, including security personnel, to confront the thieves. The most they do is record the thefts with their cell phones.

Why is shoplifting so rampant? Because state law holds that stealing merchandise worth $950 or less is just a misdemeanor, which means that law enforcement probably won’t bother to investigate, and if they do, prosecutors will let it go.

Why won’t store employees do anything about this theft? Because they don’t want to take the risk. I doubt many would, knowing that a Rite Aid employee was murdered recently after trying to stop two thieves. Moreover, a confrontation within the store risks harming not only store staff but also customers, so employees are almost certainly instructed by their managers to do nothing.

Because of this law, California is extending an open invitation to anyone to walk in and take. Just like that—since they know that police or prosecutors won’t bother with a misdemeanor complaint and that store personnel won’t stop them.

It is not just pharmacies that are being ransacked. Recently, San Francisco’s Neiman Marcus was targeted by thieves who had a hankering for designer handbags and hit the purse department hard. The video shows one after another, after another, running out, as apparently there were 10 thieves, and they stole over the $950-per-thief misdemeanor limit.

This video gives a whole new meaning to the term “curbside pickup,” which is the door that the thieves departed from before they jumped into getaway vehicles. And if you are one of those who identify Neiman Marcus with “Needless Markup,” well, now you know: those markups help cover the cost of theft insurance and stolen merchandise, costs that are passed on to those who choose to acquire merchandise the old-fashioned way—by paying for it.

https://www.hoover.org/research/why-shoplifting-now-de-facto-legal-california

1 member likes this: jfanent
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
You mean like this?

A host of conservatives officials who were once vocal about supporting for law enforcement are suddenly joining the “defund” movement after the FBI raided Trump’s Mar-a-Lago estate in Florida on Monday. Rep. Marjorie Taylor Greene (R-GA) tweeted “DEFUND THE FBI” Monday, a far cry from a March 2021 tweet in which she insisted “We must #BACKTHEBLUE!” On an episode of Steve Bannon’s “War Room” podcast, Rep. Matt Gaetz (R-FL) fumed, “This is, in my opinion, the most defining moment of the Joe Biden presidency. So if that’s the diagnosis, my assessment is the antidote has to be not one more damn penny for this administrative state that has been weaponized against our people in a very fascist way.” The new messaging is at odds with the conservative tendency to unequivocally support the police, a party line that snowballed during the BLM protests of 2020. Kari Lake, Arizona’s Republican gubernatorial candidate, went a step further. “We must fire the Federal Government,” she said in a statement.

https://www.thedailybeast.com/matt-...d-the-fbi-after-trump-raid-at-mar-a-lago

Or like this?

Rep. Marjorie Taylor Greene (R-GA) called for the defunding of federal law enforcement for the second time in as many weeks Monday after former President Donald Trump’s home was raided by the FBI.

A call to “defund the FBI” was published on her Twitter page amid a full meltdown in the hours after it was reported Mar-a-Lago was searched by federal agents seeking documents on behalf of the National Archives.

https://www.mediaite.com/politics/d...-greene-melts-down-over-mar-a-lago-raid/

People who lack accountability think everything is an attack
E
EveDawg Online OP
Legend
OP Online
Legend
E
All libtards have is the whatabout.

No Craps Given
Legend
Legend
Originally Posted by EveDawg
All libtards have is the whatabout.

Yes. Because the FBI is hot on the case of all the "petty" shoplifting and thievery in California. notallthere

Can't go five posts without a Trump whatabout.

P
Legend
Legend
P
Now you fall prey to his bogus argument that the California Supreme Court said to lower inmate count. "You see, I don't really want to argue about truth and common sense, so I'll just move the goalposts".

This is nothing but lies. It was not a California Supreme Court ruling. It was a U.S. supreme Court ruling.

U.S. Supreme Court Upholds Ruling.
On May 23, 2011, the U.S. Supreme Court upheld the three–judge panel's ruling, declaring that “without a reduction in overcrowding, there will be no efficacious remedy for the unconstitutional care of the sick and mentally ill” inmates in California's prisons.

And the claim someone is moving the goalpost is bogus. You don't like that there is a court mandate to lower the prison population in the state of California. You don't like that the only way to lower the prison population is to be releasing more prisoners than you are sending into prisons and something had to be done to make that happen. So all you have in rebuttal is a bunch of gibberish with no substance in rebuttal. White noise.

Please explain how California is supposed to lower the prison population unless they begin sending less people into the prison system than are leaving the prison system and how else you recommend they accomplish that.

I gave you the truth. You just don't like the truth.

#gmstrong
P
Legend
Legend
P
Yes. Because the FBI is hot on the case of all the "petty" shoplifting and thievery in California. notallthere

Can't go five posts without a Trump whatabout.

Squire brought up defunding law enforcement. Now you whine about someone else is walking through the door they didn't open in the first place.

#gmstrong
1 member likes this: Jester
Legend
Legend
[Linked Image from media3.giphy.com]

P
Legend
Legend
P
See, that's all you got when confronted with the facts. A whole lot of nothing.

#gmstrong
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
Originally Posted by PitDAWG

This is nothing but lies. It was not a California Supreme Court ruling. It was a U.S. supreme Court ruling.

U.S. Supreme Court Upholds Ruling.
On May 23, 2011, the U.S. Supreme Court upheld the three–judge panel's ruling, declaring that “without a reduction in overcrowding, there will be no efficacious remedy for the unconstitutional care of the sick and mentally ill” inmates in California's prisons.

And the claim someone is moving the goalpost is bogus. You don't like that there is a court mandate to lower the prison population in the state of California. You don't like that the only way to lower the prison population is to be releasing more prisoners than you are sending into prisons and something had to be done to make that happen. So all you have in rebuttal is a bunch of gibberish with no substance in rebuttal. White noise.

Please explain how California is supposed to lower the prison population unless they begin sending less people into the prison system than are leaving the prison system and how else you recommend they accomplish that.

I gave you the truth. You just don't like the truth.

Did you read the decision or did you just let someone explain it to you? Since you won't realize this was rhetorical.

P
Legend
Legend
P
Taking the prison population down to 135% of capacity from 200% of capacity is pretty easy to understand.

#gmstrong
Legend
Legend
😭"This is nothing but lies!"

P
Legend
Legend
P
See, once again, you lack the ability to refute the truth so just create more white noise.

#gmstrong
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
Taking the prison population down to 135% of capacity from 200% of capacity is pretty easy to understand.

So you didn't read it, you let someone explain it to you. That's all you had to say.

P
Legend
Legend
P
It seems you are now in the make noise crowd. So are you trying to say that it doesn't say that?

#gmstrong
Legend
Legend

So the answer to the shoplifting epidemic is to reduce the prison population by 33%, right?

That's what you're co-signing? If we stop the incarceration, the thievery will stop??

Posters are talking about crime in the big cities, how it is out of hand, and why the problem is so bad. Your answer is some nonsense about $100 in the 1970s and moving the goalposts to prison populations.

This dolt literally said "the thieves need a cost of living increase"... You're co-signing.

Pitiful.

Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
It seems you are now in the make noise crowd. So are you trying to say that it doesn't say that?

No. I did not say that.

I asked if you read the decision. You haven't. Therefore you really don't know what SCOTUS said. You know what the state says they said. Though likely you dont really understand that either since your standard is google a phrase and paste a link.

Do you have the SCOTUS number for this one? Or case name? Something that leads to what SCOTUS published.

Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker

So the answer to the shoplifting epidemic is to reduce the prison population by 33%, right?

That's what you're co-signing? If we stop the incarceration, the thievery will stop??

Posters are talking about crime in the big cities, how it is out of hand, and why the problem is so bad. Your answer is some nonsense about $100 in the 1970s and moving the goalposts to prison populations.

This dolt literally said "the thieves need a cost of living increase"... You're co-signing.

Pitiful.

It doesn't need to make sense. He's used to using impoverished logic in his arguments. It's about the fight, not the result.

P
Legend
Legend
P
I'm saying that you can't keep the same amount set forever. This specific topic was about California and that's all. You seem to think that showing why something is happening is approving of it or signing off on it. The main reason it is happening is because the SCOTUS ruled they must lower their prison population and in order to accomplish this you must find a way to let more people out of prison than you are sending into prison.

Nothing about any of that makes any claim that I approve of it or like it. It just means I understand why they did it and what it is meant to accomplish. There's a difference. All it's really doing by making these things a misdemeanor is making the sentences lighter and as a result, it sends those people to county jails instead of into the prison population. Thus lowering the amount of people being sent to prison.

I understand how people living on the streets steal food too. That doesn't mean I approve of people stealing. But there are times I understand why they do it.

#gmstrong
P
Legend
Legend
P
Originally Posted by FrankZ
It doesn't need to make sense. He's used to using impoverished logic in his arguments. It's about the fight, not the result.

And here you are with nothing of substance to add, attacking another poster while claiming they are about the fight. You provide all the evidence one needs to see through you.

#gmstrong
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
Originally Posted by FrankZ

And here you are with nothing of substance to add, attacking another poster while claiming they are about the fight. You provide all the evidence one needs to see through you.
Stating a fact isn't attacking. You constantly make things up so you van argue. How many times have I had to tell you I didn't say what you said I said? You've proven you credibility with the lies you post.

But of course it's always someone else. Can't even own it. Pathetic.

P
Legend
Legend
P
And there you go again. You still haven't figured out what a question mark means. Because you and others often times post things that leaves one to question exactly what it is you meant. Me included. So I certainly ask questions looking for clarification. But then you will claim asking that question is claiming you said something. I would think a man as successful as yourself you understand basic punctuation but it appears that's not the case. And you can't even own it. Pathetic.

#gmstrong
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
And there you go again. You still haven't figured out what a question mark means. Because you and others often times post things that leaves one to question exactly what it is you meant. Me included. So I certainly ask questions looking for clarification. But then you will claim asking that question is claiming you said something. I would think a man as successful as yourself you understand basic punctuation but it appears that's not the case. And you can't even own it. Pathetic.

Except you flat out said I said thing. Not a question. A statement. You've also lied about what you have said when that statement became inconvenient to your argument.

And again, it's someone else's fault and you will still fail to own it.

P
Legend
Legend
P
Your BS attacks are juvenile at best. I understand how when you have nothing of substance left that's all you can do. It's not new to this forum. Trashing every discussion with personal insults to take things off track and distract those with short attention spans which disagree with the one you are attacking. I'm fully aware of how the feeding frenzy works on here. Buy you sir aren't as good at it as you think you are. In fact you're pretty bad at it.

#gmstrong
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
Your BS attacks are juvenile at best. I understand how when you have nothing of substance left that's all you can do. It's not new to this forum. Trashing every discussion with personal insults to take things off track and distract those with short attention spans which disagree with the one you are attacking. I'm fully aware of how the feeding frenzy works on here. Buy you sir aren't as good at it as you think you are. In fact you're pretty bad at it.

You lie about what is said and call that an attack. You can't own your actions.

P
Legend
Legend
P
Cry me a river. That's all you got. "Nuh uh I'm not mean. You are mean!" What are you, still in fourth grade?

#gmstrong
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
Cry me a river. That's all you got. "Nuh uh I'm not mean. You are mean!" What are you, still in fourth grade?

I never claimed to not be mean. I never claimed to be nice.

I have pointed out you lie, you know you lie and your standard response is "look in the mirror".

P
Legend
Legend
P
Your claims are wrong and nothing more than a personal attack to try to undermine someone you disagree with. I mean I'm not the one who claimed the Puckle gun which was invented in 1718 and only shot nine rounds per minute was somehow the same as a modern day machine gun. If we're talking about honesty here.

#gmstrong
M
Legend
Legend
M

Tackles are tackles.
Legend
Legend

Page 2 of 10 1 2 3 4 9 10
DawgTalkers.net Forums DawgTalk Palus Politicus Cuckoo Democrats And What They Have Become

Link Copied to Clipboard