Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 4 of 10 1 2 3 4 5 6 9 10
O
Legend
Legend
O

Things like this are game changers. Instant strategically perfect command structures are probably important and crazy valuable, but only if it is controled restricted tech.

Last edited by OldColdDawg; 05/06/23 12:11 AM.

Your feelings and opinions do not add up to facts.
E
EveDawg Offline OP
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
E
Try to roleplay with it. You'll see how limited it is real quick.

No Craps Given
O
Legend
Legend
O
GPT is a large language model trained to generate text not to be a kinky virtual sex toy.

Last edited by OldColdDawg; 05/06/23 12:42 AM.

E
EveDawg Offline OP
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
E
Not a sexual roleplay. Just anything. Dr and Patient. Teacher and Student. That thing is just a parrot that can parrot conversationally. It cant think for itself. Language model is all it is. Calling it an AI is not very accurate.

No Craps Given
O
Legend
Legend
O
I know, the purple didn’t take. I’ve been coding with GPT4 and copilot for a couple months now and wow, just wow. But it has limitations as a raw LLM. But you can train it to be very efficient at anything for little to nothing now. And you can give them access to tons of tools, to teach you or even run themselves. The big freak out is that in the next 6 months at this pace, we could make them smarter than any human, possibly 10s to 100s of times scale. How do you control something smarter than you that thinks for itself? These things aren’t written in code, They go through a training process that basically dumps in the data and then sits back to see how they handle thinking about it. Nobody really knows what it will take to make them self aware, but they are already showing signs.I’ve been playing with an autoGPT setup, see it on GitHub, but I can see the next model if not gpt4 killing tons of jobs over the next couple years.

You should dig into it a little. All the big players are in now, it’s the future, and the future is now.

Also, you are right, there is no true AI that can act independently, autonomously, and is self aware. But when you dig into how these models can be fine tuned and trained on specific data sets and tasks, it closer than anything we’ve seen since AI was dreamed up.

Last edited by OldColdDawg; 05/06/23 12:57 AM.

E
EveDawg Offline OP
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
E
Oh believe me, I have plans for it when it is a bit smarter.

No Craps Given
O
Legend
Legend
O
Most people are playing with the free 3.5 model on openAI’s platform. You need to look into extending, training, and hosting your own interface. Then you can fine tune and train it, give it access to data you want it trained on. This process builds a vector DB giving it long term memory that will allow you to create filter models called tranformers to put between GPT and the end task. These turn them into great tools. The talking heads are crapping on them and have no clue what is actually possible. People are creating all kinds of high functioning crap with these models right now.

Last edited by OldColdDawg; 05/06/23 01:07 AM.

E
EveDawg Offline OP
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
E
Originally Posted by OldColdDawg
You need to look into extending, training, and hosting your own interface. Then you can fine tune and train it, give it access to data you want it trained on. This process builds a vector DB giving it long term memory that will allow you to create filter models called tranformers to put between GPT and the end task. .

Where are instructions on how to do this? I want to put it to work for me.

No Craps Given
Legend
Legend
This is what happens when your 'marketing executive' calls your customers "out of touch", sticks her nose in the air, and says "onward and upward"... Now her feelings are hurt and she's taken a leave of absence. That worked out well.

Bud Light offers free beer in response to Dylan Mulvaney backlash, drop in sales
Updated: May. 04, 2023, 11:35 a.m.|Published: May. 04, 2023, 11:01 a.m.
Bud Light cans

FILE - Cans of Bud Light beer are seen in Washington, Thursday Jan. 10, 2019. The marketing executive who oversaw a partnership between Bud Light and a transgender influencer is taking a leave of absence after it snowballed into cries for boycotts from some angry customers, according to media reports, Friday, April 21, 2023. (AP Photo/Jacquelyn Martin, File)

By Leada Gore | lgore@al.com
Faced with steep drop in sales, the maker of Bud Light is offering free beer to help soothe relations with distributors.

Anheuser-Busch has pledged to give a case of Bud Light to every employee of an Anheuser-Busch wholesaler, Wall Street Journal reported. The country’s largest brewer has also pledged to boost its marketing spending on Bud Light.

The efforts are in response to the backlash after Dylan Mulvaney, a transgender social media influencer, released an Instagram video promoting Bud Light. The April 1 post prompted an immediate backlash and calls for a boycott.

According to WSJ, in the week ending April 22, Bud Light’s U.S. retail-store sales fell 21.4% over the same period from last year. Meanwhile, sales of rival brands Coors Light and Miller Lite grew by an almost equal amount.

Meanwhile, Coors sales are through the roof:

Stay woke!

HERE WE GO BROWNIES! HERE WE GO!!
Legend
Legend
Originally Posted by EveDawg
Originally Posted by OldColdDawg
You need to look into extending, training, and hosting your own interface. Then you can fine tune and train it, give it access to data you want it trained on. This process builds a vector DB giving it long term memory that will allow you to create filter models called tranformers to put between GPT and the end task. .

Where are instructions on how to do this? I want to put it to work for me.

Bill holds some of the key to those Gates. Ask him. Or the Chinese Government. Or the Russian oligarchs. Enjoy your search.

A life is not important except in the impact it has on other lives.
– Jackie Robinson
P
Legend
Legend
P
Oh the outrage! "Mah beer is advertising to everyone! No more drink mah beer! Murica!" Another tantrum from the right. But it's not new. trump was calling for boycotts of every company that questioned him. He taught them well.

Intoducing for The Cleveland Browns, Quarterback Deshawn "The Predator" Watson. He will also be the one to choose your next head coach.

#gmstrong
Legend
Legend
When 'your beer' says it's tired of an "out of touch" clientele and a "frat boy" mentality. Then sticks their nose in the air and exclaims "onward and upward"?

Obviously you're missing the point for the sake of... well... looks like blaming Trump.

I guess this is no big surprise.

P
Legend
Legend
P
That's not how or why any of this started and you know that. It started over a simple ad done by a transsexual. Of course it only makes sense that people try to divert attention away from that by things that were stated later, after the boycott was called for.

I guess this is no big surprise.

Intoducing for The Cleveland Browns, Quarterback Deshawn "The Predator" Watson. He will also be the one to choose your next head coach.

#gmstrong
Legend
Legend
You have a really strange, inside-out way of looking at things. Maybe you can read all CAPS.

THOSE ARE THE WORDS OF THE MARKETING EXECUTIVE ~ THE REPRESENTATIVE FOR THE COMPANY

"FRAT BOY"

"OUT OF TOUCH"

"ONWARD AND UPWARD"

It's not a "chicken or the egg" argument. AFTER the campaign (which is what SHE called it) grew attention; SHE made those comments.

Is it good marketing to INSULT your current clientele???

"Blah, blah, blah... Trump" rofl

P
Legend
Legend
P
This was done AFTER the uproar of the add and the call to boycott Bud Light. Not before. You do understand what a timeline is, right? Trying to pretend that comments that came after the boycott was called for somehow change the mentality of why the boycott was called for in the first place is nonsensical.

#gmstrong
Legend
Legend
You win lol.

P
Legend
Legend
P
Yeah, it was rather silly to claim something that happened after the fact was somehow responsible for what happened before it was ever said.

#gmstrong
Legend
Legend
What's next? Timers in our showers??

The Green Religion #doubleplusgood

Now Biden is going after your DISHWASHERS: new rules to fight climate change

P
Legend
Legend
P
#energyefficiencybad

#gmstrong
Legend
Legend
#thinkingforcedcompliancedishwasherswillsavetheplanetthedumbestthingsinceopenborders

P
Legend
Legend
P
rofl

There are a myriad of energy efficient appliances on the market. First you whine about appliances becoming energy efficient then do a whatabout by making an immigration inference. There isn't a single answer to saving the planet. It's a multitude of measures working together. But as per usual, the answer from you is that since a single measure won't solve everything, we should do nothing.

You may wish to ask people who live in states such as Texas, Oklahoma, Arizona, Kansas, New Mexico and Nevada how important it is to preserve our water supply. But nah, you seem to act like it isn't important. There's a lot of Republicans out there who understand just how precious their water is becoming unlike you it seems.

#gmstrong
A
Legend
Legend
A
I thought it was okay for people to vote with their dollars? (what dollars they have left, that is)

No body 'cancelled' bud light. (I really can't stand it anyway - only time I bought some was when, around here, they had a Browns label on the cans.)

It was a marketing ploy that backfired. The end.

P
Legend
Legend
P
It certainly was a marketing ploy that backfired. The funniest part of why that happened however can't be ignored. Well I guess it could be if one chooses to. I certainly wasn't a fan or consumer of it. The only beer Anheuser-Busch ever made that I could stand was Michelob and it was low on my list.

And it is okay for people decide what products they purchase and the reasoning for why they do or do not purchase those products. This one just happened to be hilarious.

#gmstrong
Legend
Legend
Originally Posted by PitDAWG
rofl

There are a myriad of energy efficient appliances on the market.

Thanks for making my point for me! No need to mandate anything. For a vast majority of consumers, that's their number two consideration anyway... right behind brand trust / loyalty. All appliances have become more, and more, and more efficient as time has gone on anyway. Who mandated appliance energy labels? Carter? Reagan? Not sure, but that was genius. People care -- mostly because we all pay electric bills. Mandating does nothing more than give huge corps a rubber stamp for massive price increases. So, unless obscene profits will save the planet, dumb ideas like this will be ineffective.

#butitswokesoletsallgobroke

P
Legend
Legend
P
Once again, tell people in those states running out of water that this wasn't something needed and right away. You seem to indicate that it's manufacturers on their own who somehow decided to make their products more energy efficient. Well it's not so....

About the Appliance and Equipment Standards Program

https://www.energy.gov/eere/buildings/about-appliance-and-equipment-standards-program

There isn't some limitless supply of everything. Especially water that everyone needs to survive. Saving water is essential to everyone. And somebody has to be smart enough to see that and do something to help preserve it. I actually can't believe ths is a hill you chose to stand on. Well, okay I can.

#gmstrong
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
Originally Posted by FATE
rofl

There are a myriad of energy efficient appliances on the market.

Thanks for making my point for me! No need to mandate anything. For a vast majority of consumers, that's their number two consideration anyway... right behind brand trust / loyalty. All appliances have become more, and more, and more efficient as time has gone on anyway. Who mandated appliance energy labels? Carter? Reagan? Not sure, but that was genius. People care -- mostly because we all pay electric bills. Mandating does nothing more than give huge corps a rubber stamp for massive price increases. So, unless obscene profits will save the planet, dumb ideas like this will be ineffective.

#butitswokesoletsallgobroke

Most dishwashers today already come close to the new standards but we have to have government cause, government.

Legend
Legend
Cool. New dishwashers will prevent states from running out of water.

Glad we got to the bottom of that one.

P
Legend
Legend
P
As I said before, claiming that a single measure in and of itself isn't the total solution is used as an excuse to do nothing to help work towards a solution. Nothing better than watching you prove my point.

#gmstrong
Legend
Legend
Let's ban dishwashers and tell people not to shower every day. Just don't look at the hundreds of golf courses in the desert that use millions upon millions of gallons water to keep grass green where it wasn't meant to grow. Those old politicians just don't want to give up their golf.

And into the forest I go, to lose my mind and find my soul.
- John Muir

#GMSTRONG
1 member likes this: Clemdawg
P
Legend
Legend
P
That would be another thing that needs to be addressed.

#gmstrong
Legend
Legend
Golf courses use a great deal of water for irrigation and other purposes. A typical 150-acre golf course uses approximately 200 million gallons of water a year, enough to supply 1,800 residences with 300 GPD of water. saywhat

Dishwashers Are Already Efficient

By DOMINIC PINO
May 8, 2023 5:38 PM

The Biden administration wants stricter efficiency requirements for dishwashers in an effort to make them greener. It would likely backfire.

Bloomberg reports:

Under the Energy Department’s proposed standard, conventional household dishwashers made in or imported into the US as soon as 2027 would have to use 27% less power and 34% less water — no more than 3.3 gallons during their normal, default cycles. Compact models would see a 22% and 11% reduction in power and water use, respectively. The requirements would not apply to other dishwasher cycles, including those with faster run times.

Less powerful dishwashers may use less water, but they could also yield dishes that are less clean. In response, people would likely do one of two things: run the dishwasher more than once or clean more dishes in the sink before or after putting them in the dishwasher.

If your dishwasher uses 34 percent less water per load, but you run it twice, you’re using more water than if you only ran it once. Since the proposed rule would only apply to default cycles, people would be more likely to use heavier cycles more often. And dishwashers, even less efficient ones, are more water-efficient than washing dishes in the sink.

Kitchen-sink faucets generally have flow rates around 1.5–2 gallons per minute, so if you leave it on the whole time and it takes you ten minutes to wash the dishes, you’re using 15–20 gallons of water. Even if you turn it on and off and only run it for a total of five minutes, that’s 7.5–10 gallons of water.

The most common dishwashers on the market right now use less than four gallons of water per load. Even old dishwashers, which are less efficient, would be very unlikely to use more than 12 gallons per load.

As usual with environmentalist crusades, the target is poorly chosen and the “solution” is likely to aggravate people, with no benefit to the planet.

https://www.nationalreview.com/corner/dishwashers-are-already-efficient/

So... Joey wants to mandate more efficient dishwashers... but only for the default cycle.

You really, REALLY cannot make some of this stuff up. 🤣

P
Legend
Legend
P
You really, really can't make up that some people think nothing should be done unless it will fix everything all at once.

#gmstrong
Legend
Legend
So let's start with something that will accomplish nothing at all!

P
Legend
Legend
P
Let's start anywhere that accomplishes anything and continue from there. You seem to equate accomplishing little with accomplishing nothing. Those aren't the same thing.

#gmstrong
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
You really, really can't make up that some people think nothing should be done unless it will fix everything all at once.

You also make up that some people who belive any propaganda stuck in doing of them, especially shrink they don't need to think for themselves and can just belive "the science"

P
Legend
Legend
P
That makes no sense at all. Try reading that back to yourself. Maybe an edit is in order?

#gmstrong
S
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
S
Originally Posted by FATE
So let's start with something that will accomplish nothing at all!

I found a video of their plan:

It's supposed to be hard! If it wasn't hard, everyone would do it. The hard... is what makes it great!
O
Legend
Legend
O
Biden should buy into the Brandon lies and grant alll those immigrants about to rush the border asylum as residents in Florida and Texas.

E
EveDawg Offline OP
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
E
https://www.newsweek.com/black-lives-matter-risks-going-bankrupt-1802304

BLM going bankrupt amid corruption allegations. What a shocker. Not.

No Craps Given
P
Legend
Legend
P
I see you created your own story line.

#gmstrong
Page 4 of 10 1 2 3 4 5 6 9 10
DawgTalkers.net Forums DawgTalk Palus Politicus Cuckoo Democrats And What They Have Become

Link Copied to Clipboard