Print Thread
Page 4 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
Legend
Legend
Originally Posted by FrankZ
Originally Posted by PerfectSpiral
Losing is tough. ……Boo hooo

What did I lose?.

I’d usually say “your mind” …You know continuously defending a proven sexual predator. But that’s a mindless hobby bro.

A life is not important except in the impact it has on other lives.
– Jackie Robinson
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
Losing is tough. ……Boo hooo

What did I lose?.

I’d usually say “your mind” …You know continuously defending a proven sexual predator. But that’s a mindless hobby bro.

I am not defending a "proven secual predator" I have merely disrupted the dancing about singing "Trump is guilty" party with the simple fact that he was not found guilty of anything, merely liable.

So another swing and miss by you.

Legend
Legend
Yes, you have defended that POS in just about every post you make. Like other trump supporters, you’re in denial. y’all have lost your collective minds.

– Jackie Robinson
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
Yes, you have defended that POS in just about every post you make. Like other trump supporters, you’re in denial. y’all have lost your collective minds.

Nice spin on that. "Just about every post"? That would be a lot of defending which I have not done.

This thread in particular I pointed out that the original assertion that he was found guilty was incorrect. That is a commentary on our legal system and how it works, not about Trump. We have a process in place, I discussed the process. You only see what you want to see, I am not the one that has lost my mind or is in denial. I care far more about the objective legal process than I do any politician.

Another swing, another miss.

Legend
Legend
That would be a lot of defending which I have not done

rofl denial.

– Jackie Robinson
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker

rofl denial.

Please, show me where I have defended him in "just about every post". Please, go on now.

P
Legend
Legend
P
Did the jury find beyond a preponderance of the evidence that Mr. Trump sexually abuse Ms. Carrol? Answer; yes

Which in some people's world claims they didn't find that he is guilty of having sexually abused her. The only basis for saying that is that the verdict was libel. Yet the fact is she was awarded 2 million dollars based in their findings on the matter of battery in the case. For them to have awarded her 2 million dollars for battery, they had to find that he committed battery. This is so basic.

https://www.nytimes.com/interactive/2023/05/09/nyregion/trump-liable-verdict-form-jury.html

Intoducing for The Cleveland Browns, Quarterback Deshawn "The Predator" Watson. He will also be the one to choose your next head coach.

#gmstrong
Legend
Legend
[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

– Jackie Robinson
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
Originally Posted by PitDAWG
Did the jury find beyond a preponderance of the evidence that Mr. Trump sexually abuse Ms. Carrol? Answer; yes

Which in some people's world claims they didn't find that he is guilty of having sexually abused her. The only basis for saying that is that the verdict was libel. Yet the fact is she was awarded 2 million dollars based in their findings on the matter of battery in the case. For them to have awarded her 2 million dollars for battery, they had to find that he committed battery. This is so basic.

https://www.nytimes.com/interactive/2023/05/09/nyregion/trump-liable-verdict-form-jury.html

Look at you back to say the same things again so I can again ask you "Did the jury return a verdict of guilty?' The answer is still no. He is still not guilty. He still does not need to register on the sex offenders list.

But, of course, you will still spin, gaslight and use biased "articles" after you google search for to try and obfuscate the idea he wasn't found guilty. Which was the original assertion in all this.

P
Legend
Legend
P
Like I said, all you have to lean on is the fact a jury can only return a liable verdict. Yet that doesn't change the fact they found he was guilty of battery by sexually abusing Ms. Carrol. That's how they arrived at the 2 million dollars. Had they have not found him guilty of battery by sexually abusing her there would have been no 2 million dollar judgement in the battery portion of the case.

You do realize that portion of the settlement and the finding of facts was about battery and not defamation, right? They did find he committed battery by sexually abusing Ms. Carrol. No amount of spin can change that.

Intoducing for The Cleveland Browns, Quarterback Deshawn "The Predator" Watson. He will also be the one to choose your next head coach.

#gmstrong
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
Like I said, all you have to lean on is the fact a jury can only return a liable verdict..

Everything after this is spin and politics.

So you admit they returned a verdict of liable?

Good, that should be enough for you to move on now.

P
Legend
Legend
P
BTW- You are obviously not paying attention..... again. That link takes you directly to the jury forms. So the actual jury forms are spin? lmao

#gmstrong
Legend
Legend

rofl denial.

Please, show me where I have defended him in "just about every post". Please, go on now.

Please show me one of your posts that you actually thought trump was guilty of anything he’s been accused of first.

– Jackie Robinson
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker

rofl denial.

Please show me one of your posts that you actually thought trump was guilty of anything he’s been accused of first.

You are the one that made an absurd assertion then cant actually back it up. Thank you, you've proved you were incorrect.

Legend
Legend

rofl denial.

You are the one that made an absurd assertion then cant actually back it up. Thank you, you've proved you were incorrect.

rofl denial .

– Jackie Robinson
P
Legend
Legend
P
Did you expect anything other than that?

#gmstrong
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker

rofl denial.

rofl denial .

And yet you still haven't proved your wild assertion.

Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
Did you expect anything other than that?

I didn't believe he would be able to prove his wild assertions either.

P
Legend
Legend
P
This very thread helps prove at least part of it.

#gmstrong
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
This very thread helps prove at least part of it.

It proves all I said was Trump wasn't found guilty. You continue to try and spin that, but the bare fact is he was found liable.

Legend
Legend
[Linked Image from media.tenor.com]

This horse is more than dead.
It's fully decomposed.

"too many notes, not enough music-"
2 members like this: PerfectSpiral, mgh888
P
Legend
Legend
P
The verdict was liable. 2 million dollars of the E. Jean Carrol settlement was based on the very fact they found he committed sexual abuse against here. You're still hung up on the verdict while denying the finding of the facts that the liable settlement was based on.

#gmstrong
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
The verdict was liable. 2 million dollars of the E. Jean Carrol settlement was based on the very fact they found he committed sexual abuse against here. You're still hung up on the verdict while denying the finding of the facts that the liable settlement was based on.

So you dont accept the courts finding of liable? Typical.

Last edited by FrankZ; 05/15/23 11:35 AM.
P
Legend
Legend
P
I do. And I also accept the jury forms which show the very reason they awarded her that 2 million dollar portion of her settlement was because they found he was guilty of committing sexual abuse against her in the battery portion of their ruling. You know, the very reason they awarded her that 2 million dollars.

#gmstrong
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
I do. And I also accept the jury forms which show the very reason they awarded her that 2 million dollar portion of her settlement was because they found he was guilty of committing sexual abuse against her in the battery portion of their ruling. You know, the very reason they awarded her that 2 million dollars.

They awarded her $2m because they found him liable. Not because they found him guilty.

P
Legend
Legend
P
That entire 2 million dollar potion of the settlement settlement was based on what the jury found he had done in the battery phase of the trial. The actions he had committed. To say that they awarded him 2 million dollars based on something they did not find he was guilty of doing makes zero sense.

#gmstrong
M
Legend
Legend
M
And I also accept the jury forms which show the very reason they awarded her that 2 million dollar portion of her settlement was because they found thought/decided/determined he was guilty of what he was accused of.

The more things change the more they stay the same.
P
Legend
Legend
P
According to some they didn't find he had any guilt in the battery portion of the trial and just gave her that 2 million dollars out of the goodness of their hearts.

#gmstrong
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
According to some they didn't find he had any guilt in the battery portion of the trial and just gave her that 2 million dollars out of the goodness of their hearts.

According to some words can just mean what you need them to at their convenience.

The verdict is still liable.

P
Legend
Legend
P
Once again, you are talking about the verdict. I'm talking about the finding of facts the verdict was predicated on.

#gmstrong
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
Once again, you are talking about the verdict. I'm talking about the finding of facts the verdict was predicated on.

Yes because the verdict is 1) what is important and 2) the original cause of all this was an incorrect statement on the jury findings.

The facts are they did not find him guilty, they found him liable. Reconcile yourself to that fact. It won't change, no matter where you try to move the goal posts.

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Originally Posted by Clemdawg
[Linked Image from media.tenor.com]

This horse is more than dead.
It's fully decomposed.

I guess the horse is not dead enough.

Sheesh..

There will be no playoffs. Can’t play with who we have out there and compounding it with garbage playcalling and worse execution. We don’t have good skill players on offense period. Browns 20 - Bears 17.

1 member likes this: Jester
O
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
O
Yes. Three pages of seeing the pathetic defense of a disgusting rapist is more than enough for one thread.

Your feelings and opinions do not add up to facts.
1 member likes this: PerfectSpiral
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
Originally Posted by OldColdDawg
Yes. Three pages of seeing the pathetic defense of a disgusting rapist is more than enough for one thread.
They specifically found him not liable on the rape one.

Legend
Legend
Originally Posted by OldColdDawg
They specifically found him not liable on the rape one.

Yeah that makes it all better for the trump brigade. Lol

– Jackie Robinson
P
Legend
Legend
P
E. Jean Carroll adds Trump’s post-verdict remarks to defamation case, seeks at least $10M

NEW YORK (AP) — E. Jean Carroll, the advice columnist who won a $5 million sexual abuse and defamation award against former President Donald Trump, is seeking at least $10 million more in a court filing Monday that seeks to hold him liable for remarks he made after the verdict.

The amended lawsuit was filed in Manhattan by Carroll’s lawyers, who said Trump “doubled down” on derogatory remarks about the former Elle magazine columnist during a cable television appearance a day after the verdict.

“It is hard to imagine defamatory conduct that could possibly be more motivated by hatred, ill will, or spite,” they wrote of Trump’s remarks at a CNN town hall. “This conduct supports a very substantial punitive damages award in Carroll’s favor both to punish Trump, to deter him from engaging in further defamation, and to deter others from doing the same.”

A nine-person jury two weeks ago decided Trump had sexually abused Carroll at an upscale Manhattan department store in early spring 1996. It also found that Trump had made false statements that damaged her reputation after she went public with her allegations in a 2019 book.

Carroll testified during the trial that Trump raped her in a department store dressing room. Trump, who is campaigning for the presidency, did not attend the trial or testify.

The jury decided Carroll hadn’t proved she had been raped, but found that Trump had sexually abused her. Trump continues to deny that the attack happened. He said Carroll made up the allegation to help sell her book.

Joe Tacopina, a Trump lawyer, declined to comment on the new legal claim.

Carroll defamation claims against Trump have proceeded in two separate lawsuits, one decided in the trial that just concluded, and another that previously dealt only with derogatory remarks that Trump made in 2019 while he was still president.

That lawsuit, which has been tied up in still-unresolved legal appeals, is the one to which Carroll, 79, has added her new claims.

Carroll’s lawyers asked for a speedy resolution “while she remains in good health and before Donald Trump’s time and attention are consumed entirely by his presidential campaign.”

A spokesperson for the U.S. government lawyers declined to comment.

Carroll’s lawyers added that “Trump was motivated by purely personal reasons, rather than presidential or official reasons,” saying he “implied that Carroll was too ugly for him to sexually assault, falsely stated that Carroll had previously lodged fake allegations of sexual misconduct against other men, and invented a baseless narrative that Carroll fabricated her accusation for money, to promote a book, or to further a political conspiracy — without possessing or pointing to one iota of support for those claims.”

In the new claim, Carroll’s lawyers said Trump, “undeterred by the jury’s verdict, persisted in maliciously defaming Carroll yet again” at the CNN event.

“He doubled down on his prior defamatory statements, asserting to an audience all too ready to cheer him on that ‘I never met this woman. I never saw this woman,’ that he did not sexually assault Carroll, and that her account — which had just been validated by a jury of Trump’s peers one day before — was a ‘fake,’ ‘made up story’ invented by a ‘whack job.’ Those statements resulted in enthusiastic cheers and applause from the audience on live TV,” the lawyers wrote.

They added: “Trump used a national platform to demean and mock Carroll. He egged on a laughing audience as he made light of his violent sexual assault, called Carroll names, implied that Carroll was asking to be assaulted, and dismissed the jury’s verdict vindicating Carroll.”

https://apnews.com/article/trump-ra...1zwi7HPqeGjXQHUWUDagGXirdGoUXxxgIv_IsJ-k

#gmstrong
P
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
P
I hope she wins again. donny is incapable of keeping his KFC hole shut. If he loses this case he’ll be out yammering it up again like the whiny b he is. . When he does I hope she sues him again. Rinse and repeat. His idiot followers can keep sending him money, filling her, his enemy’s, coffers. They’re too far under his thrall to realize the the hilarious irony of it all.

[Linked Image]
P
Legend
Legend
P
I told my wife when we watched that town hall that trump just gave her yet another cause to sue him. It's exactly the way Bill Barr said it is. "Trump is his own worst enemy."

#gmstrong
Legend
Legend
Yeah no kidding. No wonder he never appears in court. Or go under oath for anything. He’s a pathological liar and narcissist idiot. And his base follows him blindly.

– Jackie Robinson
O
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
O
His base is mostly the same.

Your feelings and opinions do not add up to facts.
Page 4 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
DawgTalkers.net Forums DawgTalk Palus Politicus Jury finds against Trump in E Jean Carroll Trail

Link Copied to Clipboard