Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
P
Legend
Legend
P
I'm glad that illegal border crossings are down by 50% since title 42 ended and title 8 has been enacted.

Intoducing for The Cleveland Browns, Quarterback Deshawn "The Predator" Watson. He will also be the one to choose your next head coach.

#gmstrong
Legend
Legend
Originally Posted by PitDAWG
I'm glad that illegal border crossings are down by 50% since title 42 ended and title 8 has been enacted.

Lol. Me too. That's a great headline the media is parroting based on Friday and Saturday's border encounters. LMAO.

Hey! More great news -- crossings were down 81% between 8am and 9am Sunday morning compared to the previous Sunday!! We'll have this problem licked in no time, thanks to Biden's great leadership!

HERE WE GO BROWNIES! HERE WE GO!!
P
Legend
Legend
P
So it was okay for people to scream their heads off about how many more immigrants would be flooding the border as soon as title 42 ended but not okay to report that in fact the very opposite happened? Murica!

Intoducing for The Cleveland Browns, Quarterback Deshawn "The Predator" Watson. He will also be the one to choose your next head coach.

#gmstrong
Legend
Legend
"People"... what people were "screaming their heads off" about that?

But cool, if that's what you consider a moment in the sun concerning the border crisis. Biden does too. He say's "things are looking much better"... which is strange, since he repeatedly said nothing was wrong?

So, giving us two day numbers on border infractions is like writing a headline after the Titanic and saying "706 Souls Saved After Ship Wreck"

I bet all the cites housing migrants in school gyms are pretty excited about this news. thumbsup

P
Legend
Legend
P
So you had no problem with the press claiming the minute title 42 ended there would be a huge increase in border crossings but showing that didn't happen is a problem for you? And your claim is that others are the snowflakes?

What is Title 42, why is it ending and what’s happening now at the border?

https://www.cnn.com/2023/05/09/politics/title-42-ending-whats-next-explainer-cec/index.html

Border officials prepare for surge of migrants as Title 42 immigration restrictions expire

https://www.pbs.org/newshour/show/b...title-42-immigration-restrictions-expire

White House, Southern border states prepare for migrant surge after Title 42 ends

https://www.usatoday.com/videos/new...-border-preps-migrant-surge/11794994002/

Title 42 expiration could be an environmental catastrophe, experts warn

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/title-42-expiration-could-be-environmental-catastrophe-experts-warn

Republicans, Democrats warn end of Title 42 will bring immigration disaster

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/re...title-42-will-bring-immigration-disaster

#gmstrong
Legend
Legend
Sweet. We've gone from sanctuary cities overrun to title 42 didn't cause near the catastrophe the talking heads said it would.

Guess the "border crisis" is almost over now.

I hope all of this clears Biden's good name. That's the real name of the game -- proving that this administration bears no responsibility.

Thanks for all those links, I'll dig right in.

P
Legend
Legend
P
Not only didn't it cause the catastrophe they said. It cut the catastrophe in half. Follow the thread. The thread took a turn when someone posted "Biden has done nothing". When the thread was still on the initial topic i posted that I thought it was a good thing that immigrants were being sent to all these cities because people don't seem to grasp the gravity of a problem until it hits them directly.

The border crisis in no more under control now than it was when trump was president. And I knew you wouldn't read the sources I posted. You only ask for things to be shown and then ignore them when they are. Typical.

#gmstrong
Legend
Legend
So, 2.4 million migrants have crossed the border in the last year; but Friday and Saturday's crossings "cut the catastrophe in half".

That sure is a 'special' way of looking at things. rofl

2 members like this: EveDawg, jfanent
O
Legend
Legend
O
Boogie woogie boo! The brown people are coming… hide under your beds! Smfh, this entire topic is disgusting. Treating any human like garbage is unacceptable, but some won’t see that until they become the other and hate comes for them. And they can’t even handle being called out for aboslute idiocy now, imagine their reaction when this new hybrid corp unbridled capitalist fascism turns on them. Popcorn time.

Trash ass GOPers not gonna stop until there is no America.

Last edited by OldColdDawg; 05/18/23 12:54 PM.

Your feelings and opinions do not add up to facts.
P
Legend
Legend
P
And you actually avoid the points like the plague. Either there was a huge surge after title 42 expired or there wasn't. In fact despite the claims that a surge would happen the illegal crossings were cut in half. I know it would pain you too much to admit that so I don't expect you ever will. Not my problem. What are all those things you accuse others of when they do that again?

#gmstrong
Legend
Legend
Nah. I'm avoiding the fact that you think the entire conversation in a thread about "sanctuary cities" should now be about Title 42; because the math (over two days lmao) supports some ancillary argument.

Call all the cities in crisis and tell them everything is alright now -- traffic is waaaay down. rofl

O
Legend
Legend
O
Man, get it through your head, they don’t believe in facts, America, principles, morals, or decency. This is what you are dealing with.

O
Legend
Legend
O
Unlike y’all. I’ve been watching the happenings in the world. And right now, I think all sides are culpable and cringy. Here’s a woke message that I’ll probably catch yet another ban for, but it’s worth sharing:

Last edited by OldColdDawg; 05/18/23 01:24 PM.

P
Legend
Legend
P
Originally Posted by FATE
Nah. I'm avoiding the fact that you think the entire conversation in a thread about "sanctuary cities" should now be about Title 42; because the math (over two days lmao) supports some ancillary argument.

I take it you forget all about this? Hmmmm....

Originally Posted by FATE
And then he changed the application process to "come one, come all, come on in... we'll figure this all out later".

Yes or no?

Do you mean like this?

President Joe Biden's administration this week will begin denying asylum to migrants who show up at the U.S.-Mexico border without first applying online or seeking protection in a country they passed through.

It's part of new measures meant to crack down on illegal border crossings while creating new legal pathways, including a plan to open 100 regional migration hubs across the Western Hemisphere, administration officials said.

While stopping short of a total ban, the measure imposes severe limitations on asylum for those crossing illegally who didn't first seek a legal pathway. The rule was first announced in February and is being finalized Wednesday, the officials said. It's almost certain to face legal challenges. In 2019, then-President Donald Trump pursued similar but stricter measures, but a federal appeals court prevented them from taking effect.

https://abc7.com/biden-administration-mexico-border-title-42/13230234/

Call all the cities in crisis and tell them everything is alright now -- traffic is waaaay down. rofl

So are you trying to say illegal border crossings aren't way down since title 42 ended? What is it you all this when other people do it again?

#gmstrong
Legend
Legend
[Linked Image from i-cdn.embed.ly]

P
Legend
Legend
P
You are hilarious. It was you who moved the goal posts here.

So are you trying to say illegal border crossings aren't way down since title 42 ended? What is it you all this when other people do it again?

But I would never expect you to take ownership of that.

#gmstrong
A
Legend
OP Online
Legend
A
https://www.yahoo.com/news/crisis-grows-york-migrant-plans-180254428.html

Now New York can't handle all the illegals coming in, and is wanting the fed's to pay.

How about stopping the illegals from coming?

Interesting article, and also interesting how illegals were never a problem when the northern cities were only getting a few.

M
Legend
Legend
M
Originally Posted by archbolddawg
https://www.yahoo.com/news/crisis-grows-york-migrant-plans-180254428.html

Now New York can't handle all the illegals coming in, and is wanting the fed's to pay.

How about stopping the illegals from coming?

Interesting article, and also interesting how illegals were never a problem when the northern cities were only getting a few.

While I agree with you .... I think most people do as well. I don't actually think there are many if any canvassing for open borders. Statistics seem to show that it doesn't matter if a Dem or Rep is sitting as POTUS .... other than the media spin. Look at it right now - after Biden made his speech and introduced Title 8 or whatever it is, and ending title 42 or whatever it is .... no big spike, in fact the numbers haver dropped. But that doesn't suit the right wing media narrative.

I found these stats interesting:

https://www.factcheck.org/2018/06/illegal-immigration-statistics/

I thought the Covid / Trump impact would have made a big difference. They didn't. It's only a gradual decline but the numbers over the last few years have been decreasing at about the same rate. Personally I not in favor of sanctuary cities or status or voting rights or anything else if you are here illegally. But then I also realize that - just Like Florida is finding out - our economy actually needs a certain number of immigrants legal or otherwise and without them we are going to hurt the economy. To me a bigger target of the illegals should be the employers who knowingly target the illegals.

Not sure where the balance is - but we do know the average illegal pays more in tax than some of the fat cats like the former POTUS.

https://news.cornell.edu/media-rela...mmigrants-pay-more-taxes-president-trump

The more things change the more they stay the same.
P
Legend
Legend
P
People only realize how bad a problem really is until they are face to face with it. I know you probably didn't realize this but those cities are only asking for some of the 800 million dollars that was already approved to help cities facing the illegal immigration problem. Why shouldn't they now that they too are facing the same issue?

The amount of people crossing the border has been cut in half. That's a pretty good start in the right direction. I know one thing for sure, if they couldn't get jobs here most of them wouldn't come in the first place.

#gmstrong
P
Legend
Legend
P
Migrant encounters down 70% since end of Title 42, US official says

https://www.reuters.com/world/ameri...7jBma8MRqXOO8Or3a64DgEY4GCTbAn_TstEsUeyw

#gmstrong
B
Legend
Legend
B
People only realize how bad a problem really is until they are face to face with it. I know you probably didn't realize this but those cities are only asking for some of the 800 million dollars that was already approved to help cities facing the illegal immigration problem. Why shouldn't they now that they too are facing the same issue?

The amount of people crossing the border has been cut in half. That's a pretty good start in the right direction. I know one thing for sure, if they couldn't get jobs here most of them wouldn't come in the first place.

I agree.

Not until Texas and Florida started shipping some of the problem up north did it become a "problem".

I have no problem with immigrants. They help keep a nation vibrant and fill a void in our workforce, taking jobs that some segments of our society refuse to fill. I just want them to be screed upon entry and not just storm over the border.

If everybody had like minds, we would never learn.

GM Strong

[Linked Image]
P
Legend
Legend
P
I agree. Thus far it seems as broken as our immigration system is there's not enough worker visas allowed to meet the demand. Luckily that stream has been cut in half.

#gmstrong
H
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
H
Interesting to listen to the compassion and understand shown by these US citizens and their reps. Check out Hey Jackass, Chicago....for decades and decades blacks killing/shooting blacks sure offers some job openings.

"You've never lived till you've almost died, life has a flavor the protected will never know" A vet or cop
P
Legend
Legend
P
Yeah, that's it. It has nothing to do with 12.6 million jobs created over the past two years and there being jobs that have no benefits and low pay that average Americans don't want and can't make enough to live on. Dear Lord.

#gmstrong
Page 2 of 2 1 2
DawgTalkers.net Forums DawgTalk Palus Politicus Chicago, a sanctuary city

Link Copied to Clipboard