Print Thread
Page 3 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
P
PitDAWG Offline OP
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
P
Well of course it doesn't. Was purple font needed?

Intoducing for The Cleveland Browns, Quarterback Deshawn "The Predator" Watson. He will also be the one to choose your next head coach.

#gmstrong
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Originally Posted by Pdawg
They were not dragged into the discussion. They were not mentioned, except by you. The article also was about cities defunding police which was a point of contention.

Saying that was just mentioned is like saying tis just a flesh wound.

[Linked Image from i.kym-cdn.com]

There will be no playoffs. Can’t play with who we have out there and compounding it with garbage playcalling and worse execution. We don’t have good skill players on offense period. Browns 20 - Bears 17.

N
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
N
Downtown Richmond tonight after a graduation. 9 shot 3 fatal

N
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
N
20 shot at a Juneteenth celebration in Illinois last night.

There are others, too

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-12207611/Multiple-people-shot-Illinois-shopping-mall.html

N
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
N
https://www.jpost.com/diaspora/antisemitism/article-746611

A teenager from Pickford, Michigan, was arrested on Friday by the FBI after expressing explicit neo-Nazi and antisemitic beliefs online, including allegedly planning a deadly assault at a local synagogue, according to local news sites.

Seann Pietila, 19, now faces charges of transmitting a communication containing a threat to injure another individual, according to the United States Attorney's Office for the Western District of Michigan.

The criminal complaint states that Pietila engaged in conversations on Instagram where he expressed strong hatred towards the Jewish population, voiced support for neo-Nazis and idolized previous mass shooters.

Law enforcement officers executed a search warrant at his residence and discovered a cache of weapons, including firearms, a Nazi flag, a ghillie suit, gas masks and military sniper/survival manuals.

During the search, authorities also found a message on Pietila’s phone in the Notes app that identified a synagogue in East Lansing along with a date and a list of equipment. The FBI took immediate action upon receiving a report about threatening online communications, leading them to link the messages to Pietila.

Legend
Legend

#GMSTRONG

“Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not to his own facts.”
Daniel Patrick Moynahan

"Alternative facts hurt us all. Think before you blindly believe."
Damanshot
Legend
Legend
Let me guess, another young male gun owner that doesn’t know how to cope with rejection.

A life is not important except in the impact it has on other lives.
– Jackie Robinson
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
https://chicago.suntimes.com/crime/2023/6/18/23765102/willowbrook-shooting-juneteenth
Chaos, pure chaos: 23 shot at Willowbrook Juneteenth party

https://www.nbcchicago.com/news/loc...-chicagos-roseland-neighborhood/3163941/
At least 5 shot, 1 fatally, in Chicago's Roseland neighborhood

Blocking those who argue to argue, eliminates the argument.
P
PitDAWG Offline OP
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
P
Suspect arrested in quadruple homicide at northern Idaho residence, authorities say

Four people were found shot to death inside a home in Kellogg, Idaho.

KELLOGG, Idaho -- A suspect has been arrested after four people were shot to death inside a home in northern Idaho on Sunday night, authorities said.

The incident occurred some 36 miles east of Coeur d'Alene in the small mountain town of Kellogg, a former mining community located in Silver Valley, which straddles the Idaho Panhandle. The Shoshone County Sheriff's Office said it dispatched units, along with the Kellogg Police Department, to a residence there after receiving a 911 call about a deadly shooting at approximately 7:30 p.m. PT.

Upon arrival, law enforcement officers found four people dead from gunshot wounds inside the home and subsequently detained a 31-year-old man believed to be connected with the quadruple homicide. The Idaho State Police said it sent detectives to the scene on West Brown Avenue to investigate following a request from the Kellogg Police Department.

The probe remains ongoing, with the Kellogg Police Department and the Shoshone County Sheriff's Office as the primary investigators.

Authorities believe that everyone connected with the incident is accounted for and there is no additional threat to the community, according to the Idaho State Police.

Additional information was not immediately available. The names of the victims and the suspect have not yet been released.

https://abc7chicago.com/kellogg-idaho-shooting-mass-shootings-gun-violence-in-id/13401807/

Intoducing for The Cleveland Browns, Quarterback Deshawn "The Predator" Watson. He will also be the one to choose your next head coach.

#gmstrong
Legend
Legend
Originally Posted by PerfectSpiral
Let me guess, another young male gun owner that doesn’t know how to cope with rejection.

I honestly don't know. But I don't believe that it's a good reason to kill. All of these killings are senseless.

#GMSTRONG

“Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not to his own facts.”
Daniel Patrick Moynahan

"Alternative facts hurt us all. Think before you blindly believe."
Damanshot
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
I have not researched to confirm for myself but while listening to the Micheal Smerconish show the other day he said that gun violence is now the leading cause of death in kids and teenagers for the 2nd consecutive year.

Last edited by Jester; 06/19/23 04:51 PM.

Don't blame the clown for acting like a clown.
Ask yourself why you keep going to the circus.
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
Originally Posted by Jester
I have not researched to confirm for myself but while listening to the Micheal Smerconish show the other day he said that gun violence is now the leading cause of death in kids and teenagers for the 2nd consecutive year.

When they say this they include 1-19 year olds. They also remove those under 1 years of age because it kills the talking point.

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
So the main point you have regarding this is that tey exclude under age 1????
Really???
That's the most important point to consider???!!!

All I can say to that is WOW!
Unreal

Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
So the main point you have regarding this is that tey exclude under age 1????
Really???
That's the most important point to consider???!!!

All I can say to that is WOW!
Unreal

No. They don't include infants as children but do include adults.

Wow... Unreal you missed that completely. I mean.. wow.

Last edited by FrankZ; 06/19/23 07:09 PM.
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
honestly, this is a good first-world problem to have.

Also, it's likely an anomaly because kids went to school virtually in 2020/21 and didn't go out much in vehicles.

The main story should be that teen suicide doubled in the last 10 years.

https://www.usnews.com/news/health-...mong-u-s-adolescents-doubled-in-10-years

Along with this, there has been an 89% increase in teens using guns to kill themselves in the last 10 years.

Globally, under 18 mortality rates have dropped significantly. (good thing)

substantial global progress has been made in reducing childhood mortality since 1990. The total number of under-5 deaths worldwide has declined from 12.8 million in 1990 to 5 million in 2021. Since 1990, the global under-5 mortality rate has dropped by 59%, from 93 deaths per 1000 live births in 1990 to 38 in 2021. Globally, the number of neonatal deaths also declined, from 5.2 million in 1990 to 2.3 million in 2021. However, the decline in neonatal mortality from 1990 to 2021 has been slower than that of post-neonatal under-5 mortality. There are approximately 6 400 newborn deaths every day, amounting to nearly 47% of all child deaths under the age of 5-years.

https://www.who.int/data/gho/data/t.../GHO/child-mortality-and-causes-of-death

Blocking those who argue to argue, eliminates the argument.
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
I didn't miss that at all.

So guns related deaths are the number one cause of death in ages 1-19 for two years staight now and your main point is that they exclude under age 1.
How is that even significant?

You clearly are either unable or unwilling to engage in a meaningful conversation.
Don't know why I waste my time trying with you.

Legend
Legend
I get what you’re saying, but everything is still relative. We have a lot of first world problems to deal with. but if we don’t deal with them, we’ll turn into a 3rd world country.

Good problems to have is still problems that need to be solved.

“To announce that there must be no criticism of the President, or that we are to stand by the President, right or wrong, is not only unpatriotic and servile, but is morally treasonable to the American public.”

- Theodore Roosevelt
1 member likes this: Clemdawg
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker

So guns related deaths are the number one cause of death in ages 1-19 for two years staight now and your main point is that they exclude under age 1.

You clearly are either unable or unwilling to engage in a meaningful conversation.

The message was they are the leading cause of death in CHILDREN. They excluded a large number of children and then included adults. It is dishonest.

It is a manufactured claim. It seems to have worked on you quite well.

M
Legend
Legend
M
Originally Posted by FrankZ

The message was they are the leading cause of death in CHILDREN. They excluded a large number of children and then included adults. It is dishonest.

It is a manufactured claim. It seems to have worked on you quite well.

Not heretto fight .... just here to nit pick and play semantics.

[Linked Image from media.giphy.com]

The more things change the more they stay the same.
Legend
Legend
I think Frank brought up a valid point. Without a doubt the numbers are skewed by adding 19 year olds and excluding up to a year. It is very dishonest. Trying to confuse people about the actual numbers takes away from the point they are trying to make which is Gun deaths among children is a serious problem.

#gmstrong
1 member likes this: FATE
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
It isn't a valid point at all.

No one is trying to be misleading. Neonates have never been included in these numbers in any analysis. It isn't like they just changed their methodology to make a point.
And including/excluding 19 year olds wouldn't significantly change anything, but again, this isn't a new change.

Frank is just being a male sexual organ to distract from the point. All he wants to do is protect his precious guns and he doesn't care who dies in the process.

M
Legend
Legend
M
I think Frank brought up a valid point. Without a doubt the numbers are skewed by adding 19 year olds and excluding up to a year. It is very dishonest. Trying to confuse people about the actual numbers takes away from the point they are trying to make which is Gun deaths among children is a serious problem.

I disagree. Taking this one thread and post in isolation ... the numbers are the numbers - and they clearly state what the numbers are based on. There is no subtrefuge or small print and apendix with missing information to refer to and find out what the numbers are. Trying to suggest the numbers have been maipulated - when they haven't been - is a pure attempt to simply fight with posters about irrelevant schtick,

Taking Frank's history of posting and semantics and trying to bait and goad people into squabbles of mindless minutiate that is never the actual point of a discussion - I'd say for sure it was simply Frank being Frank and waintintg to be contrarian and antagonistic. jmo........... The best recent example would be the discussion surrounding the verdict against Trump in Civil court. Having had the situation clarified that the rulling was that Trump was Liable - but that the jury clearly thought he was guilty of that which he was accused of (and found against) - Frank repeatedly (for days and days and days) continued to try to goad people into fighting over the definition of Guilty This included -- after me spelling out exactly my position -- him quoting my first post in the thread which I had recanted (even thanking him for the technical correction) and ignoring the other dozen or so posts that accurately interpretted the ruling. SO yeah - he's just here to fight while saying "I'm not here to fight"

Last edited by mgh888; 06/20/23 09:44 AM.

1 member likes this: Jester
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
Originally Posted by mgh888

I disagree. Taking this one thread and post in isolation ... the numbers are the numbers - and they clearly state what the numbers are based on. There is no subtrefuge or small print and apendix with missing information to refer to and find out what the numbers are. Trying to suggest the numbers have been maipulated - when they haven't been - is a pure attempt to simply fight with posters about irrelevant schtick,

Taking Frank's history of posting and semantics and trying to bait and goad people into squabbles of mindless minutiate that is never the actual point of a discussion - I'd say for sure it was simply Frank being Frank and waintintg to be contrarian and antagonistic. jmo........... The best recent example would be the discussion surrounding the verdict against Trump in Civil court. Having had the situation clarified that the rulling was that Trump was Liable - but that the jury clearly thought he was guilty of that which he was accused of (and found against) - Frank repeatedly (for days and days and days) continued to try to goad people into fighting over the definition of Guilty This included -- after me spelling out exactly my position -- him quoting my first post in the thread which I had recanted (even thanking him for the technical correction) and ignoring the other dozen or so posts that accurately interpretted the ruling. SO yeah - he's just here to fight while saying "I'm not here to fight"

Frank did not for days and days do anything on his own. I notice you only seem to care about the zeitgeist that exists. I am sure youbfeel no ownership in anything. Frank merely had the temerity to suggest someone was accurate in what was said. Nice to see you continue to be butthurt over it.

M
Legend
Legend
M
LOL ...

After your first post I amended my perspective. I thanked you for poiting out the technicality and everything I wrote about the verdict was subsequently, technically and semantically correct and in line with you highlighting that in a Civil case the verdict is that Trump was found liable. I am not butt hurt over anything - other than you later quoting my initial post to deliberately start a fight by misrepresenting everything I had said subsequently. But that's a you thing not a me thing.

Edit - and love that you are now so Special you talk about yourself in the third person. Legend in your own ming, love it.

Last edited by mgh888; 06/20/23 10:25 AM.

Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
LOL ...

After your first post I amended my perspective. I thanked you for poiting out the technicality and everything I wrote about the verdict was subsequently, technically and semantically correct and in line with you highlighting that in a Civil case the verdict is that Trump was found liable. I am not butt hurt over anything - other than you later quoting my initial post to deliberately start a fight by misrepresenting everything I had said subsequently. But that's a you thing not a me thing.

Edit - and love that you are now so Special you talk about yourself in the third person. Legend in your own ming, love it.

You really need to over youself. You told me I was technically right then continued to argue. And when I responded to other people you seemed to think it was about you. I bet you'll soon tell me I brought the whole thing back up in this thread so I could argue with you.

M
Legend
Legend
M
LOL ...

You really need to over youself. You told me I was technically right then continued to argue. And when I responded to other people you seemed to think it was about you. I bet you'll soon tell me I brought the whole thing back up in this thread so I could argue with you.

Nahhh - that';s not how it went down. But nice try.

No I am not going to say anything about you bringin it up again. That's another nice try and a fail .... but you keep doing you. It's all good here and very entertaining. Thankyou.

Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
LOL ...

Nahhh - that';s not how it went down. But nice try.

No I am not going to say anything about you bringin it up again. That's another nice try and a fail .... but you keep doing you. It's all good here and very entertaining. Thankyou.

So you really have nothing but gripes and games. Good to know.

P
PitDAWG Offline OP
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
P

Okay, I understand your point. Then would the following make you or anyone else feel better?.............

The #1 cause of death for people between the ages of 2-19 are guns.

It appears as though it would because making this disclosure seems to be a gotchya moment for someone. I'm pretty sure the parents of all these children/19 year olds (wouldn't want to offend anyone's sensitivities by not including the 19 year old part) sure don't feel any better about it.

And are you then also trying to say it isn't a serious problem? Millions of children go to school every day in fear of their lives. For anyone who missed it, that's a serious problem no matter how many gotchya moments people try to accentuate to trivialize the issue.

#gmstrong
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
Originally Posted by PitDAWG

Okay, I understand your point. Then would the following make you or anyone else feel better?.............

The #1 cause of death for people between the ages of 2-19 are guns.

It appears as though it would because making this disclosure seems to be a gotchya moment for someone. I'm pretty sure the parents of all these children/19 year olds (wouldn't want to offend anyone's sensitivities by not including the 19 year old part) sure don't feel any better about it.

And are you then also trying to say it isn't a serious problem? Millions of children go to school every day in fear of their lives. For anyone who missed it, that's a serious problem no matter how many gotchya moments people try to accentuate to trivialize the issue.

Also notice the statement doesn't indicate the why. Are they just talking murders? Are suicide included? Negligence? Also dwas there other trends in other manners of death? Did the numbers for auto accidents in the same cohort go down?

The original statement is simple spin for a message using data cultivated to enable the spin. It is pretty meaningless without context.

P
PitDAWG Offline OP
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
P
I find it quite ironic that someone who is trying so hard to trivialize this would be talking about others trying to spin something.

#gmstrong
M
Legend
Legend
M
So you really have nothing but gripes and games. Good to know.

Nope - I stated what happened. You came back with BS and spin and "I suppose your going to accuse me of something you never even mentioned" sort of response. Look in the mirror. Maybe read what you write from time to time.

#Not-Here-To-Fight ... LOL

Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
I find it quite ironic that someone who is trying so hard to trivialize this would be talking about others trying to spin something.

I find it pretty typical that you would try that kind of spin.

P
PitDAWG Offline OP
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
P
People can see what you're doing. Trivializing so many gun deaths among our youth is not attractive. But you do you. Thus far you're scoring far more points for the other side of this debate than you are your own.

#gmstrong
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
People can see what you're doing. Trivializing so many gun deaths among our youth is not attractive. But you do you. Thus far you're scoring far more points for the other side of this debate than you are your own.

I can see you are trying to spin what I said. This is typical as well.

If you create a conclusion and then massage your data to meet that conclusion, your conclusion was wrong to start with. That is the case with the original statement I responded to.

P
PitDAWG Offline OP
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
P
Alrighty then.

#gmstrong
Legend
Legend
J/C. How is it that many of our basic civil and human rights are being taken away and banned yet assault rifles that can kill dozens in seconds, nah? Pfft

A life is not important except in the impact it has on other lives.
– Jackie Robinson
Legend
Legend
Jc

Not gonna lie, because the incident doesn’t have anything to do with guns as a reason, but that animal that executed his 3 kids needed multiple clips emptied out into his chest cavity.

“To announce that there must be no criticism of the President, or that we are to stand by the President, right or wrong, is not only unpatriotic and servile, but is morally treasonable to the American public.”

- Theodore Roosevelt
Legend
Legend
Like, not even red blood. Red mist. He should be turned to dust.

- Theodore Roosevelt
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
Originally Posted by Swish
Jc

Not gonna lie, because the incident doesn’t have anything to do with guns as a reason, but that animal that executed his 3 kids needed multiple clips emptied out into his chest cavity.

Not going to disagree, but rope is cheap and reusable.

P
PitDAWG Offline OP
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
P
Police release video of officer killing a neo-Nazi gunman and ending a mass shooting at a Texas mall

ALLEN, Texas (AP) — Police released video footage on Wednesday of an officer killing a neo-Nazi gunman, quickly ending a mass shooting that left eight people dead and seven others wounded at a Dallas-area shopping mall.

The edited five-and-a-half-minute video details the final moments of Mauricio Garcia, 33, after he unleashed a rain of bullets from an AR-15-style rifle at the Allen Premium Outlets on May 6.

Those killed included three members of a Korean American family including a 3-year-old child, two young sisters, a security guard and an engineer from India.

Police haven’t revealed a motive for the attack.

The shooting came in a year that has seen an unprecedented pace of mass killings.

The footage from a body camera worn by an Allen police officer starts off with the officer telling two children outside the mall to wear their seatbelts and be good.

Moments later, the sound of rapid gunfire erupts from the mall. The children and a woman with them run away as the officer radios in the report, grabs his rifle from his car and dashes toward the gunfire, the body camera footage shows.

As he runs, the panting officer shouts at people to move and get out. At one point, he tells the dispatcher, “I believe we’ve got a mass shooter” and shouts at the gunman to drop his weapon.

“I’m passing injured (people),” he adds.

The officer continues to run through the outside galleries of the outlet as the sound of gunfire bursts continues. About four minutes into the video, the officer opens fire with at least a half-dozen shots.

An instant later, the officer shouts: “Drop the gun!” and then reports: “I’ve got him down!”

Another officer then confirms the gunman is dead.

The video ends with the two officers standing next to the gunman’s body, which is blurred out.

The video was released a day after a grand jury cleared the officer of wrongdoing, indicating that “the use of force was justified under Texas law,” according to a police statement.

In the statement, Allen Police Chief Brian Harvey praised the officer.

“This video shows how quickly a routine interaction with the public turned into a life-and-death situation,” Harvey said. “The officer recognized the danger, ran toward the gunfire and neutralized the threat — and for his actions, the Allen community is forever grateful.”

Three members of a Korean American family were killed: Kyu Song Cho, 37; Cindy Cho, 35; and their 3-year-old son, James Cho. Their 6-year-old son was wounded.

Also killed were Aishwarya Thatikonda, 27; sisters Daniela Mendoza, 11, and Sofia Mendoza, 8; security guard Christian LaCour, 20; and Elio Cumana-Rivas, 32.

Garcia used one of eight legally purchased guns he had brought to the mall, authorities said.

The killer had no criminal record. An Army official told The Associated Press that Garcia failed to complete basic training about 15 years earlier and was kicked out for mental health reasons. The official spoke on the condition of anonymity to discuss personnel matters.

Garcia left a long trail of online posts describing his white supremacist and misogynistic views. He described mass shootings as sport and posted photos showing his large Nazi tattoos and a favorite passage in the “Hunger Games” books marked with a swastika drawn in green highlighter.

He was Latino, and he posted one cartoon image showing a Latino child at a fork in a road, with one direction labeled “act black” and the other, “become a white supremacist.”

“I think I’ll take my chances with the white supremacist,” he wrote.

https://apnews.com/article/texas-ma...hRJ3ry5lT7g8co7gj4U5xnwrR6SokVSmKYu-O1ns

Mass shootings in the U.S. for 2023

https://www.gunviolencearchive.org/reports/mass-shooting

#gmstrong
Page 3 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
DawgTalkers.net Forums DawgTalk Palus Politicus Mass Shootings part... I've lost count...

Link Copied to Clipboard