Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 10 1 2 3 9 10
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
You can’t make this crap up. Lol

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

Some day, following the example of the United States of America, there will be a United States of Europe.

George Washington
P
Legend
Legend
P
Steve Bannon Issues Threat to Trump's Former Attorney General Bill Barr

Former White House strategist Steve Bannon issued a warning on Friday to ex-Attorney General Bill Barr for recently criticizing Donald Trump.

Barr said in an interview on Thursday with CBS News that Trump is "very exposed" legally in his alleged mishandling of classified documents that were seized by FBI agents from the former president's Mar-a-Lago estate in Florida last August.

Trump is now being investigated for illegally keeping the documents, which he took from the White House after leaving office in 2021. The former president has maintained his innocence in the case and claimed that he declassified them before transferring them to Mar-a-Lago. Trump's claim of "automatically" declassifying the documents when they were placed into boxes is not "gonna fly," Barr added during his interview.

"I've said all along that of the cases out there right now, the one I'd be most concerned about, if I were the president, is the Mar-a-Lago document case," Barr said. When asked why by CBS News' Catherine Herridge, he said it was due to the investigation not being largely focused "on intent or anything like that."

The National Archives and Records Administration (NARA) told Trump on Thursday that 16 records would be handed over to special counsel Jack Smith, who is overseeing the case. Multiple sources told CNN that Trump and his top advisers had knowledge of the correct declassification process while he was president.

"It's very clear that he had no business having those documents," the former attorney general said Thursday. "He was given a long time to send them back and he was—they were subpoenaed. And if there's any games being played there, he's going to be very exposed."

Bannon shared Barr's remarks on Friday and commented on Gettr, "First Prosecution in President Trump's 2nd Term—Bill Barr .....The worse type of Republican Establishment vermin."

The former Trump official made a similar comment last year as he floated the idea that Barr could face trial if Republicans take back the White House in 2024. Trump announced his 2024 presidential bid this past November, even though some Republicans have expressed their preferences for other potential candidates.

During his War Room podcast at the time, Bannon blasted Barr and his memoir One Damn Thing After Another. Bannon added that Barr's book, which he called "shocking," would be used as evidence against him if the GOP takes back the White House.

Bannon also criticized Barr during that segment for "the lies he tells about election fraud, the lies he tells about misleading President Trump."

"I would tell to Bill Barr, 'Preserve your documents, preserve your documents, OK?'" he said.

Once a Trump loyalist, Barr has long received backlash from some Republicans and conservatives for repeatedly stating that there is "no evidence" to support claims of widespread voter fraud in the 2020 presidential election which Joe Biden won. Barr resigned as attorney general in mid-December 2020, just over a month before Trump left the White House and before the Capitol riot on January 6, 2021, another incident the former president is being investigated for by the Department of Justice (DOJ).

https://www.newsweek.com/steve-bann..._-aTJZVDZdfo8t44JbTmKDqf9cGdLnBs2km2miL4

An unconfirmed source claims that after the taping of the podcast conclued that Barr was walking around the studio screaming "Don't talk about my daddy that way!"

Intoducing for The Cleveland Browns, Quarterback Deshawn "The Predator" Watson. He will also be the one to choose your next head coach.

#gmstrong
P
Legend
Legend
P
If the the extremist in the GOP think it's wrong that children may accidentally see someone performing in drag when walking by an outdoor venue, I wonder how many more children may see it on TV through the local news?

Marjorie Taylor Greene, who's raged about drag queens for months, is defending her boyfriend over an old video of him donning drag in Dallas

Greene defended her boyfriend, RSBN's Brian Glenn, after an old video of him in drag resurfaced.

"I may keep the pantyhose on. It does feel kind of good," Glenn said in the video.

Greene, who has a strong anti-drag stance, laughed it off, saying: "The left is so stupid."

Rep. Marjorie Taylor Greene, who has consistently bashed drag queens, defended her boyfriend, Brian Glenn, after a Twitter account surfaced an old video of him dressed like a woman.

The Twitter account "Patriot Takes" posted the video on Sunday, which showed Glenn dressed like an old Caucasian woman — complete with a fluffy blonde wig, white gloves, and a pink cardigan.

Glenn, a producer at a right-wing broadcasting network, could be heard saying: "I'm kicking the shoes off. I may keep the pantyhose on. It does feel kind of good, actually." It is unclear when the video first aired, but Glenn was an anchor for WFAA TV, an ABC-affiliated media company in Dallas, from 2013 to 2015.

The video has been viewed more than 1.3 million times at press time.

Greene, 48, reposted the video on Sunday, saying: "I'm literally lol'ing. @brianglenntv dressed in drag for morning news in Dallas years ago reporting on an upcoming local theatre production and the morons over at Patriot Takes think this is an attack."

The Georgia Republican added: "Brian loves the throwback and is reposting. The left is so stupid."

Glenn reposted the video and tweeted: "The things I did for morning show television!! LOVED it and so did the @wfaa @WFAADaybreak viewers. It's a good thing I have a sense of humor!"

But Greene has previously taken a very different tone when talking about drag.

She previously said that allowing children to attend drag shows should "be illegal."

"What's the difference in children stuffing cash in a drag queen bra and a strippers bra? Nothing. It's wrong and it's indoctrination," Greene's tweet on June 15 read.

In 2022, she also claimed without substantiation that Democrats would use IRS agents to target Trump voters who refused to support "drag queen story time for children."

Greene divorced her husband of 27 years, Perry Greene, in September. Seven months later, she went public about her relationship with Glenn.

Glenn tweeted a picture of him and Greene on a golf course in Georgia on April 11, saying that he was "looking forward to returning with this one in 2024."

"Love living life with you," Greene tweeted back at Glenn the same day.

A representative for Greene did not immediately respond to a request for comment sent outside regular business hours.

https://ca.news.yahoo.com/marjorie-taylor-greene-whos-raged-095708870.html

They only find humor in it when one of them does it. Performers in drag didn't use to be a big deal until they decided to create a new enemy.

Intoducing for The Cleveland Browns, Quarterback Deshawn "The Predator" Watson. He will also be the one to choose your next head coach.

#gmstrong
P
Legend
Legend
P
Comment made by South Carolina Gov. Henry McMaster during a South Carolina Republican convention Saturday.

Murica!

#gmstrong
O
Legend
Legend
O
Originally Posted by PerfectSpiral
You can’t make this crap up. Lol

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

Surprised she didn’t draw and shoot him. Fearful scummy idiots.

Your feelings and opinions do not add up to facts.
O
Legend
Legend
O
Bannon better be careful, Barr is in survival mode, he may bring out the real receipts he covered up on Russia/Trump. Along with all the other crimes committed. He would be well received. And Bannon is neck deep in a lot of it.

O
Legend
Legend
O
Ronny DStains is launching his Presidential campaign with Elon on the new troll hole platform formerly known as twitter tonight. You can’t make this crap up.

Last edited by OldColdDawg; 05/24/23 08:38 AM.

P
Legend
Legend
P
Illinois GOP legislator threatens violence if state passes all-gender bathroom bill

Illinois state senators last week were told to expect violence if they voted to pass legislation that would allow businesses to install multiple-occupancy restrooms open to all genders.

Speaking on the Illinois Senate floor Thursday, state Sen. Neil Anderson, a Republican, said he would be driven to physical violence if “a guy” entered the same restroom as his 10-year-old daughter.

“I’m telling you right now, if a guy walks in there, I’m going to beat the living piss out of him,” Anderson said during Thursday’s floor debate on House Bill 1286 as his supporters cheered. “So, this is going to cause violence, and it’s going to cause violence from dads like me.”

The bill — which would require mixed-gender, multiple-occupancy bathrooms be equipped with floor-to-ceiling stall dividers, locks, baby changing tables and at least one vending machine for menstrual products — seeks to expand an existing state law requiring that single-occupancy restrooms be open to all genders.

The legislation passed the Senate largely along party lines in a 35-20 vote Thursday and was given final approval by the Democratic-controlled House on Friday. The measure would go into effect with Democratic Gov. J.B. Pritzker’s signature.

Anderson’s comments during Thursday’s floor debate were condemned as gratuitously violent by Illinois Senate Democrats. State Sen. Mike Simmons (D) suggested Anderson’s remarks should be stricken from the record.

“I wouldn’t want a single person in the state to read that record and think that anybody here would come after them if they would do something so mundane as to use the bathroom,” he said.

Simmons, Illinois’s first openly gay state senator, in a Twitter post late Thursday said Anderson’s comments targeted LGBTQ people.

“I refuse to accept dog-whistling against LGBTQ+ communities,” he wrote, “and today’s floor debate on gender neutral restrooms legislation was no exception.”

On Friday, three LGBTQ rights groups — Equality Illinois, Pride Action Tank and AIDS Foundation Chicago — issued a joint statement denouncing “the violent language” used during Thursday’s debate and accusing a “state senator” of advocating for “transphobic violence,” an apparent reference to Simmons.

“This violent language is appalling and emblematic of what trans and gender-expansive people experience in their daily lives,” the groups wrote in the statement. They referenced data from a 2015 survey that found 58 percent of transgender people in Illinois avoided public restrooms because they were fearful of confrontation.

“The violent language like that used by the state senator gives license to transphobic actors to harm trans people,” the groups wrote Friday. “Enough is enough.”

https://thehill.com/homenews/state-...upqUvAPwZgblnofXJwySvgOg9SMhht2LCTjZiZI4

#gmstrong
Legend
Legend
1. He shouldn’t have said that anywhere, especially not on the Illinois State Senate floor.

2. Floor to ceiling stalls are better than what we have now in public bathrooms.

3. People are genuinely concerned for their children’s well being. It’s not just some dog whistles against trans people for the majority of us who are against these bathroom policies.

#gmstrong
P
Legend
Legend
P
Since as you have mentioned, the stalls would have walls going from floor to ceiling, nobody could see anyone else in a state of being disrobed. Considering that, what part of your children's well being is it that you're concerned with? Some have used the excuse that for some reason they feel that trans people must be more inclined to be sexual predators although I've never seen any evidence to back that up.

I have to say that the thought of it in theory disturbs me as well, but after thinking about it I really can' think of any legitimate reason as to why I feel that way.

#gmstrong
Legend
Legend
1. It’s not trans people but rather those that say they are to gain access. Men are crap humans and I don’t trust them.

The stalls aren’t the issue for me. It’s the fact that they are still alone with men in an enclosed area. These bathrooms are for all, not just women and trans women.

I don’t know how many trans peoples people we have in this country. I assume it’s a small amount. I’m not sure why the unisex bathrooms that are for all genders by state law in Illinois aren’t good enough?

#gmstrong
P
Legend
Legend
P
I'm really not sure why having unisex bathrooms aren't good enough either. My best guess is that may very well be cost prohibitive for small businesses and businesses without the additional space to do so but I don't really know.

#gmstrong
D
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
D
Keep the perverts out of women's bathrooms. This whole trans argument is an attack on women. They are destroying women's rights to privacy. They are destroying women's sports. The are sexual deviants in the first place and have no place around woman and especially girls.

Romans 10:9 "That if thou shalt confess with thy mouth the Lord Jesus, and believe in thy heart that God hath raised him from the dead, thou shalt be saved."
1 member likes this: EveDawg
O
Legend
Legend
O
No it’s not an attack on women and that notion is absurd. Just more alt-right fascist talking point regurgitation without a shred of evidence. Instead of banning books, the GOP should encourage reading them. SMH.

Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
Originally Posted by OldColdDawg
No it’s not an attack on women and that notion is absurd. Just more alt-right fascist talking point regurgitation without a shred of evidence. Instead of banning books, the GOP should encourage reading them. SMH.

Yeah, men are just elevating what women have accomplished because they can't do it for themselves. Obliterating records in women's sports makes all women better.

D
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
D

Romans 10:9 "That if thou shalt confess with thy mouth the Lord Jesus, and believe in thy heart that God hath raised him from the dead, thou shalt be saved."
P
Legend
Legend
P
If your point is that you object to trans athletes participating in women's sports, then we agree.

#gmstrong
P
Legend
Legend
P
Originally Posted by Day of the Dawg
The are sexual deviants in the first place and have no place around woman and especially girls.

This is where you have gone from having a rational discussion to making a blanket statement about something you have no idea about. Calling trans people sexual deviants is the very root of the problem. It's the excuse people use to create laws against them.

#gmstrong
D
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
D
Originally Posted by PitDAWG
The are sexual deviants in the first place and have no place around woman and especially girls.

This is where you have gone from having a rational discussion to making a blanket statement about something you have no idea about. Calling trans people sexual deviants is the very root of the problem. It's the excuse people use to create laws against them.

There is a mental illness there that needs to be dealt with professionally. These people need help for sure but not catered to. They should not be in women's sports; they should not be in spaces where women feel vulnerable like bathrooms, locker rooms, etc... They live in a fantasy world. There are only two genders and the women's gender needs protected from these people.

P
Legend
Legend
P
There is a mental illness there that needs to be dealt with professionally.

And what possible qualifications do you have to make such an accusation?

These people need help for sure but not catered to.

At this point in time they need help not being treated unfairly and of being labeled as mentally ill by people that have no qualifications to do so. But throughout history we have seen such negative labels attached to people that are unlike the vast majority of other people. I mean there was a time blacks were considered more like monkeys because many whites considered them lass than human.

They should not be in women's sports
I agree with you about that. That is unfair to women.

they should not be in spaces where women feel vulnerable like bathrooms, locker rooms, etc...

So you're basing that on "feelings"? That's part of the problem too.

They live in a fantasy world. There are only two genders and the women's gender needs protected from these people.

Other than an unfair advantage is sports, which we agree on, what exactly is it that you claim trans people are doing that requires women to be "protected from them"?

Are you saying that them living their life as they see fit is a "fantasy world"? To some extent I agree because there are too many people such as yourself trying to do everything they can to prevent them from doing that.

#gmstrong
Legend
Legend

Woman of the year... is a biological male... biological females are losing in sports to biological males... first female CEO/Owner of the global beauty pageant organization... is a biological male... all female sororities are forced to accept biological males into heir organizations..... biological males are celebrated for their year of girlhood.... invited to the White House to interview the president....

transgender activism isn't an attack on women... sure....

<><

#gmstrong
1 member likes this: EveDawg
Legend
Legend
Yeah, but, but, but... transgenders are under attack! Don't you read the stories?!

HERE WE GO BROWNIES! HERE WE GO!!
P
Legend
Legend
P
OMG! saywhat

The president actually met with one of "those" at the White house!?

#gmstrong
D
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
D
Originally Posted by PitDAWG
OMG! saywhat

The president actually met with one of "those" at the White house!?

Yeah, and instead of celebrating them he should be helping them get the help and treatment they need for their mental illness.

P
Legend
Legend
P
Thank you Dr. Dawg.

#gmstrong
N
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
N
Student loans: House votes to claw back pandemic forbearance and debt relief
What lies ahead for President Biden’s student debt relief plan amid Supreme Court reviewScroll back up to restore default view.
Ronda Lee
Ronda Lee
Wed, May 24, 2023 at 6:03 PM EDT
The US House of Representatives voted in favor of a bill that would claw back paused student loan payments and block the president's student debt forgiveness program.

The bill called the Congressional Review Act (CRA) was passed by a 218-203 vote, with at least two Democratic representatives appearing to support the measure.

It would require the Education Department to reverse months of forbearance since September 2022 and waived interest charges that was part of the federal response to the Covid-19 pandemic. It would also prevent the implementation of President Joe Biden’s up to $20,000 cancellation of student debt — regardless of how the Supreme Court rules on the legality of the program.

The measure, which the president has vowed to veto if it passes the Senate, would leave 40 million student loan borrowers with past-due balances on their loans plus new interest charges.

“Voting in favor of CRA is really a pretty extraordinary slap in the face to representatives' constituents,” Abby Shafroth, a senior attorney with the National Consumer Law Center, told Yahoo Finance. “It would not only break a promise the government has already made to constituents to provide them life-changing debt relief, but also increase their student loan balances right now by undoing past months of 0% interest and retroactively charging interest for that time.”

US Speaker of the House Kevin McCarthy, a Republican of California, speaks to the press about the debt ceiling negotiations in Statuary Hall at the US Capitol in Washington, DC, on May 24, 2023. The White House and Congressional Republicans are still locked in crunch talks to try and avert the first debt default in US history, which Treasury officials have warned could come as soon as June 1. (Photo by SAUL LOEB / AFP) (Photo by SAUL LOEB/AFP via Getty Images)
US Speaker of the House Kevin McCarthy, a Republican of California, speaks to the press about the debt ceiling negotiations in Statuary Hall at the US Capitol in Washington, DC, on May 24, 2023. (Photo by SAUL LOEB / AFP) (Photo by SAUL LOEB/AFP via Getty Images)More
Other advocates worry that the resolution would reinstate debt for borrowers who received debt cancellation under the public service loan forgiveness (PSLF) program.

“Many individuals whose loans were discharged under longstanding forgiveness programs, such as Public Service Loan Forgiveness, could see their debts reinstated," Eden Iscil, public policy manager at National Consumers League, told Yahoo Finance. "This would all be in addition to the dangers of restarting monthly payments during high inflation and without the president’s debt cancellation.”

The American Federation of Teachers (AFT) and the Student Borrower Protection Center (SBPC) released a new report Tuesday showing the CRA resolution would cause far greater harm to public service workers with student debt.

“The CRA would impact PSLF, block Biden’s student loan cancellation, and will roll back debt relief already delivered,” Mike Pierce, executive director of the Student Borrowers Protection Center, said in a press conference. “It would strike down an existing set of programs having an immediate impact on borrowers by invalidating student loan policies since 2022.”

Around 268,660 public service workers who received debt cancellation from September 2022 through March 2023 through the public service loan forgiveness program would have $19.5 billion in debt put back in place as a result of the CRA, according to the AFT/SBPC report.

On the other end, the Committee for a Responsible Federal Budget estimated that if the measure passed, it would reduce deficits by $316 billion through 2033. The public policy nonprofit instead said the administration should "find a bipartisan path forward that truly reforms the system," CRFB President Maya MacGuineas said in a statement.

The back and forth between supporters and critics is mostly moot.

"It is unlikely that the bill would pass in the Senate or survive a presidential veto,” Mark Kantrowitz, author and student loans expert, told Yahoo Finance.

The White House reiterated that stance on Wednesday in a press briefing before the House vote.

“And know this: President Biden won’t stand for it," White House Press Secretary Karen Pierre said. "He will veto this bill.”

M
Legend
Legend
M
https://thehill.com/homenews/house/...price-hearing-its-cheaper-to-have-a-kid/

HOUSE
Boebert on birth control: ‘It’s cheaper to have a kid’

“I left a prescription at a pharmacy once. I went to get birth control,” she said. “And I was there at the counter and went to pay for it, and the price was very, very high. I said, ‘Wow, is this a three-, six-month prescription?’ ‘No ma’am, this is one month’ And I said, ‘It’s cheaper to have a kid,’ and I left it there.”

willynilly

The more things change the more they stay the same.
O
Legend
Legend
O
More GOPer BS in Ohio. Republicans don’t want Ohio voters to have a choice on abortion bans in November, so they want to hold a special election in August to change the rules… after banning special elections in August.

P
Legend
Legend
P
Sen. Tuberville's hold on military promotions will apply to Biden's new Joint Chiefs nominee

Tuberville is using a procedural tactic to delay the speedy confirmation of military officials in protest of a recent DOD policy that provides travel expenses and paid time off for abortions.

WASHINGTON — Sen. Tommy Tuberville’s hold on military promotions will apply to Air Force Gen. C.Q. Brown Jr.’s elevation to chairman of the Joint Chiefs of Staff, his spokesperson told NBC News.

Tuberville, R-Ala., has faced bipartisan criticism for stalling promotions of more than 150 military officials in protest of a recent Department of Defense policy that provides travel expenses and paid time off for service members and their dependents seeking abortions.

Biden formally announced Thursday that he has picked Brown to serve as the next chair of the Joint Chiefs of Staff, replacing Army Gen. Mark Milley when his term ends in October. If Brown is confirmed, he would be the second Black man to hold the position, following the late Colin Powell, who served under former President George W. Bush.

The president called Brown a “fearless leader and unyielding patriot,” noting he was confirmed to his current post as Air Force chief of staff in 2020 by a vote of 98-0. “I urge the Senate to once again confirm General Brown with the same overwhelming bipartisan support from him for his new role,” Biden said.

Senate approval of the promotions of top level-officers and generals is a task that's usually quick and smooth, but any single senator can make it less so. Most military promotions are approved by the Senate by unanimous consent, meaning all 100 senators agree to approve them without a vote.

Tuberville is using a procedural tactic to plug up the speedy confirmation of military officials, which will apply to Brown as well, his office said, because the hold applies to all one-star nominations and above. While Tuberville's hold can’t actually block the Senate from processing any promotion, it can dramatically slow down a process that is typically done without a vote at all.

Adam Hodge, a spokesperson for the White House National Security Council, said Thursday that "Tuberville is threatening our national security with his political gamesmanship and risking our military readiness by depriving our armed forces of leadership at a critical time."

"As we face persistent threats to our national security all over the world, we need our military nominees — and certainly our next Chairman of the Joint Chiefs of Staff — to be confirmed quickly. Senators shouldn’t play politics with our military its readiness or our military families," Hodge said in a statement.

Asked earlier this month if he supported Tuberville’s holds, Minority Leader Mitch McConnell, R-K.Y., said: “No, I don’t support putting a hold on military nominations. I don’t support that.”

Senate Majority Leader Chuck Schumer, D-N.Y., said in March, “One senator — just one single senator, my colleague from Alabama, Sen. Tuberville — is blocking all general and flag officer confirmations, taking our military, our national security, our safety hostage."

Tuberville has said he will keep the hold on the promotions until the policy is changed. “Over the past 40 years, I don’t recall one military person ever complaining that we weren’t performing enough abortions," he declared at a Senate hearing earlier this year. “I want our military to be the strongest and the deadliest it has ever been but also want the administration to follow the law.”

https://www.nbcnews.com/politics/co...sLD3_Rc4ASkf2PFDRnn51VEsyG-tYz31A_BkLOoo

What law?

#gmstrong
P
Legend
Legend
P
DeSantis says he’ll consider pardoning Jan. 6 defendants, including Trump

Florida Gov. Ron DeSantis (R) said Thursday that if elected president, he will consider pardoning all the Jan. 6 defendants — including former President Trump — on his first day in office.

“On day one, I will have folks that will get together and look at all these cases, who people are victims of weaponization or political targeting, and we will be aggressive in issuing pardons,” DeSantis said on “The Clay Travis & Buck Sexton Show” podcast when asked about whether he will consider pardoning Jan. 6 defendants, including Trump, who is currently facing a federal investigation over his role on Jan. 6.

“I would say any example of disfavored treatment based on politics, or weaponization would be included in that review, no matter how small or how big,” he added.

DeSantis also accused the Justice Department and the FBI of weaponizing its authority by pursuing ongoing investigations into the Jan. 6 attack on the Capitol. The Justice Department said earlier this month that 1,033 arrests have been made in connection to the Capitol attacks and about 485 people have been sentenced due to criminal activity conducted that day.

DeSantis also claimed that the FBI is targeting anti-abortion groups, as well as parents who want to attend school board meetings. He said that if elected, his administration would determine on a “case-by-case” basis if the government was weaponized against certain groups.

“We’re going to find examples where the government’s been weaponized against disfavored groups, and we will apply relief as appropriate, but it will be done on a case-by-case basis,” he said.

DeSantis officially launched his bid for the White House on Wednesday evening, where it was met with a slew of technical difficulties and glitches on the Twitter livestream. DeSantis has consistently been the trailing Trump in second place in recent polls as the former president ramps up his attacks on the governor.

https://thehill.com/homenews/campai...doning-jan-6-defendants-including-trump/

Murica!

So it's not about what crimes they actually committed, it's about what party they belong to and which party prosecuted them.

#gmstrong
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
Originally Posted by mgh888
https://thehill.com/homenews/house/...price-hearing-its-cheaper-to-have-a-kid/

HOUSE
Boebert on birth control: ‘It’s cheaper to have a kid’

“I left a prescription at a pharmacy once. I went to get birth control,” she said. “And I was there at the counter and went to pay for it, and the price was very, very high. I said, ‘Wow, is this a three-, six-month prescription?’ ‘No ma’am, this is one month’ And I said, ‘It’s cheaper to have a kid,’ and I left it there.”

willynilly

Yeah lol….ok rich girl. You can afford just about anything you want.

Meanwhile you are in favor of cutting off those less fortunate….Congresswoman Lauren Boebert (CO-03) introduced the Defund Planned Parenthood Act, legislation that prohibits federal tax dollars from going to Planned Parenthood and that redirects those resources to community health centers.

Some day, following the example of the United States of America, there will be a United States of Europe.

George Washington
P
Legend
Legend
P
This must have been before she had her government subsidized healthcare.

#gmstrong
P
Legend
Legend
P
Steve Bannon’s ‘We Build the Wall’ scheme trial set for May 2024

NEW YORK (AP) — Steve Bannon, the conservative strategist and longtime ally of former President Donald Trump, will stand trial next May on charges that he duped donors who gave money to build a wall along the U.S. southern border, a judge said Thursday.

Judge Juan Manuel Merchan set Bannon’s trial in the “We Build the Wall” case for May 28, 2024, amending his calendar after realizing that the date he announced in court — May 27 — is next year’s Memorial Day holiday, when courts will be closed.

If the schedule holds, Bannon will stand trial soon after Trump is slated to do so in the same Manhattan courtroom in an unrelated criminal case.

Bannon, 69, pleaded not guilty last September following his indictment on state money laundering, conspiracy, fraud and other charges. Manhattan District Attorney Alvin Bragg took up the case after Bannon’s federal prosecution was cut short by a Trump pardon. Presidential pardons apply only to federal crimes, not state offenses.

Bannon is accused of falsely promising donors that all money given to the We Build the Wall campaign would go toward building a wall along the U.S.-Mexico border. Instead, prosecutors allege that the money was used to enrich Bannon and others involved in the project.

Brian Kolfage and Andrew Badolato pleaded guilty to federal charges and were sentenced to prison. A third defendant, Timothy Shea, was convicted in October and is scheduled to be sentenced next month.

Merchan is presiding over both the Bannon and Trump cases. Bannon is free pending trial. Thursday’s hearing lasted all of four minutes.

“We’ll see you back in here in May,” Bannon said as he left the courthouse in a black SUV.

https://www.pbs.org/newshour/politi...EzTLl67KfvmbR6pExIjx9M-6Tv9cCHwXQE5kxidA

He already got four months for defying a subpoena.

Quick! Somebody needs to pardon this guy! It's a witch hunt I tell ya!

Oh that's right. Trump already pardoned this guy once.

Trump pardons Steve Bannon as one of his final acts in office

https://www.cnn.com/2021/01/19/politics/steve-bannon-pardoned-by-trump/index.html

#gmstrong
P
Legend
Legend
P
Texas House of Representatives votes to impeach Attorney General Ken Paxton

The Texas House of Representatives has voted to impeach Attorney General Ken Paxton, an unprecedented move following a legislative probe that faulted the third-term Republican for a yearslong pattern of corruption, including abusing his office’s powers, retaliating against whistleblowers and obstructing justice.

Under state law, Paxton is now temporarily suspended from his duties as attorney general and will await a Senate trial.

The vote was 121-23, with two members voting “present.”

“The evidence is substantial. It is alarming and unnerving,” said GOP Rep. Andrew Murr, chair of the General Investigating Committee, during his closing statement following hours of debate. The committee recommended 20 counts of impeachment against Paxton.

Democrat Rep. Harold Dutton was one of the members voting present. He said the impeachment vote had been rushed. “The process by which we’re getting this done seems to be abbreviated to the point that it just encroaches on due process,” said Dutton.

Paxton denied wrongdoing in a Friday news conference, but focused his statements against the impeachment this week on his record as a key opponent of President Joe Biden. Paxton’s office has filed dozens of lawsuits against the Biden administration.

The now-suspended attorney general called the impeachment a “politically motivated sham” in a statement just minutes after the vote.

“The ugly spectacle in the Texas House today confirmed the outrageous impeachment plot against me was never meant to be fair or just,” he said.

Paxton said he was never given a chance to present evidence refuting the findings of an investigation that he abused his office. He has cast House Speaker Dade Phelan, a Republican who presides over a chamber where his party currently holds 85 seats to Democrats’ 64, as a “liberal.” He continued his attack on Phelan saying, “Phelan’s coalition of Democrats and liberal Republicans is now in lockstep with the Biden Administration, the abortion industry, anti-gun zealots, and woke corporations.”

The Office of the Attorney General issued its own “comprehensive report” about the allegations following the impeachment vote, saying it “unequivocally refutes incorrect testimony” against Paxton. The office also released a report it commissioned from an outside law firm, although the report from Lewis Brisbois Bisgaard and Smith LLP notes it is based only on information and testimony provided by the attorney general’s office.

Republican Governor Greg Abbott can appoint a provisional replacement while Paxton is temporarily suspended. Paxton would be reinstated if he is acquitted at his Senate trial.

The impeachment vote had its origins in an investigation launched in March by the General Investigating Committee of the Texas House after Paxton had asked the legislature to approve $3.3 million in government funds to settle a lawsuit with four whistleblowers who were fired from his office.

That investigation led the committee – a five-member panel investigating corruption in state government – to approve 20 articles of impeachment Thursday, setting up the vote in the full House.

During the debate Saturday, Rep. Charlie Geren, who is a Republican, claimed Paxton had threatened fellow House members.

“I would like to point out that several members of this House, while on the floor of this House doing the state’s business, received telephone calls from General Paxton personally threatening them with political consequences in their next election,” Geren said.

Opponents of the impeachment largely declined to address the allegations against him, instead focusing on the investigation leading up to the proceedings. “I don’t think today is about whether there’s guilt or innocence. It’s about the process,” said Rep. Tony Tinderholt.

“I’m not here to defend Ken Paxton,” Rep. John T. Smithee stated on the floor. He went on to say, “What you’re being asked to do today is to impeach without evidence. It is all rumor. It is all innuendo. It is all speculation.”

Paxton’s impeachment is a stunning rebuke of a Republican official in a state where the GOP controls all levers of state government. Voters in Texas shrugged off the swirling scandals around Paxton last year, handing him a third term in November’s election. Paxton had earlier fought off multiple opponents for the GOP nomination, including Bush family scion George P. Bush, the state land commissioner, whom he easily bested in a runoff.

Paxton has long been a controversial figure who has clashed with Texas legislative leadership. A conservative who has aligned himself with former President Donald Trump, he led a lawsuit in 2020 seeking to overturn Joe Biden’s victory in the presidential election.

He retains support within the Texas GOP. In a statement Friday, state party chairman Matt Rinaldi blasted Phelan for what he called a “sham impeachment.”

“The voters have supported General Paxton through three elections – and his popularity has only grown despite millions of dollars spent to try to defeat him. Now the Texas House is trying to overturn the election results,” Rinaldi said, adding that he was looking to the “principled leadership” of the Senate to “restore sanity and reason for our state.”

In Texas, no attorney general has ever been impeached and removed from office. The only two elected officials to lose office as a result of impeachment were Gov. James Ferguson in 1917 and District Judge O.P. Carrillo in 1975.

For Paxton to be removed from office, two-thirds of the Texas Senate’s members who are present will have to vote to convict him. His wife, Angela Paxton, is a state senator representing a Dallas-area district.

It’s not yet clear when the Senate, where Republicans have a 19-12 majority over Democrats, will conduct its trial. The state’s legislative session is scheduled to end Monday.

While only the governor can call special sessions once the legislature is out of the biennial regular session, the Texas Constitution states that impeachment is the one issue for which the state House and Senate lawmakers can bring themselves into session without the governor, according to Mark Jones, a political science professor at Rice University.
Litany of legal trouble

The impeachment proceedings are the latest in a series of legal troubles for Paxton.

CNN has previously reported he was facing an FBI investigation for abuse of office and that Justice Department prosecutors in Washington, DC, took over a corruption investigation into Paxton. He is also under indictment for securities fraud in a separate, unrelated case. Paxton has denied all charges and allegations.

The state House probe came after Paxton had sought to settle a lawsuit with four former employees of the attorney general’s office. Whistleblowers had accused him of using his authority to benefit political friend Nate Paul, a real estate investor who had donated tens of thousands of dollars to Paxton’s campaign. In the settlement, Paxton apologized but did not admit fault or accept liability. He denied wrongdoing and said in a statement he had agreed to the settlement “to put this issue to rest.”

One of the impeachment articles accuses Paxton of using employees of the attorney general’s office to write a legal opinion intended to help Paul avoid the foreclosure sale of properties owned by Paul and his businesses.

It was among a series of articles focused on Paxton’s relationship with Paul, including accusations he hired an outside attorney who issued more than 30 grand jury subpoenas while investigating a “baseless complaint” made by Paul, benefited from Paul hiring a woman with whom Paxton “was having an extramarital affair,” and provided Paul with favorable legal help in exchange for renovations on Paxton’s home.

The articles of impeachment also detail what are described as Paxton’s efforts to cause “protracted” delays in the securities fraud investigation.

And the articles say voters in November did not have a full understanding of Paxton’s legal troubles because he had intentionally obscured the details of the charges he faces.

“Paxton then concealed the facts underlying his criminal charges from voters by causing protracted delay of the trial, which deprived the electorate of its opportunity to make an informed decision when voting for attorney general,” the impeachment articles state.
A wild week

The impeachment of Paxton follows a wild week in which the attorney general accused House Speaker Phelan of presiding over the House chamber while drunk and called for the speaker’s resignation.

On Tuesday, Paxton posted on Twitter a letter to the state House ethics panel, asking for an investigation into Phelan for performing his duties in what Paxton described as “an obviously intoxicated state.”

Paxton’s call for Phelan’s resignation came after video circulated on social media last weekend of Phelan appearing to slur his words as he presided over the House chamber at the end of a late-night session. Paxton did not present any evidence beyond the video clips to support his claim Phelan was drunk.

“It is with profound disappointment that I call on Speaker Dade Phelan to resign at the end of this legislative session,” Paxton said in a statement he posted on Twitter. “Texans were dismayed to witness his performance presiding over the Texas House in a state of apparent debilitating intoxication.”

Less than an hour later, the state House General Investigating Committee revealed it had subpoenaed records from Paxton’s office as part of an investigation Phelan’s office said had started in March. The committee, whose members are appointed by Phelan, voted unanimously Thursday to recommend Paxton’s impeachment.

Phelan’s office said Paxton’s allegation was merely retaliation for the House ethics panel’s probe.

“Mr. Paxton’s statement today amounts to little more than a last-ditch effort to save face,” Phelan communications director Cait Wittman said in a statement Tuesday.

Democratic Rep. Terry Canales said the broader context of last week’s all-day session made clear Phelan “was not under the influence.”

“At that point in the night the House had been in session over 13 hours and we had been doing so for multiple days in a row. We were all exhausted,” Canales said in a statement. “Nevertheless, I had multiple interactions with the speaker throughout the day and that night and I can say unequivocally he was not under the influence.”

https://www.cnn.com/2023/05/27/politics/ken-paxton-impeachment-texas-house/index.html

Sounds great right? The Republicans calling out one of their own in Texas and I applaud the ones who did. And then......

.... The current front runner for the presidential nomination to represent the GOP in 2024 did this....

Trump throws support behind Texas AG, calls impeachment vote an ‘unfair process’

Former President Trump threw his support behind Texas Attorney General Ken Paxton (R) on Saturday, as the embattled state official faces potential impeachment over allegations of misconduct.

“The RINO Speaker of the House of Texas, Dade Phelan, who is barely a Republican at all and failed the test on voter integrity, wants to impeach one of the most hard working and effective Attorney Generals in the United States, Ken Paxton, who just won re-election with a large number of American Patriots strongly voting for him,” Trump said in a post on Truth Social.

“You would think that any issue would have been fully adjudicated by the voters of Texas, especially when that vote was so conclusive,” he added.

Paxton, who has been under criminal indictment since 2015 over conduct from before he took office, was reelected in 2018 and 2022.

A team of four former state prosecutors commissioned by the GOP-led Texas House revealed the results of their monthslong investigation into the state attorney general on Wednesday, alleging, among other things, that he took bribes and fired the deputies who reported it.

The House is set to vote on the articles of impeachment against Paxton on Saturday afternoon. If the chamber votes in favor of impeachment, Paxton is required by Texas law to step aside while he awaits trial in the state Senate.

Paxton has denied the allegations and called for protests, claiming that state lawmakers are attempting to overturn the will of the voters who reelected him. Trump echoed these claims on Saturday.

“Hopefully Republicans in the Texas House will agree that this is a very unfair process that should not be allowed to happen or proceed—I will fight you if it does,” the former president said in another Truth Social post. “It is the Radical Left Democrats, RINOS, and Criminals that never stop.”

“ELECTION INTERFERENCE! Free Ken Paxton, let them wait for the next election!” he added.

https://thehill.com/homenews/state-...u9KVzBXzigmi4VjLb7GX0GcgDX-Zho3QvRk7yUAY

#gmstrong
Legend
Legend
Does anyone actually believe that he'll get removed from office?

#GMSTRONG

“Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not to his own facts.”
Daniel Patrick Moynahan

"Alternative facts hurt us all. Think before you blindly believe."
Damanshot
O
Legend
Legend
O
It’s baffling to me that after being taken for a ride on the hate train, that the radicalized MAGAts still cling to Trump, DeStains, and all the ridiculous, debunked claims of these idiots and others parroting the same messages. It like they like their politicians lying to them, their news lying to them, and ;Yang to each other about pretty much everything in the world. But hey, they are pwning the libs. I hope they do that for the next 50 years. That should be enough time for dems to fix all the rights snafus and clean up this mess.

P
Legend
Legend
P
Trump wishes happy Memorial Day to those fighting ‘misfits and lunatic thugs’ within the nation

Former President Trump wished a happy Memorial Day to “those who gave the ultimate sacrifice” for the nation as well as to those who are “stopping the threats of the terrorists, misfits and lunatic thugs who are working feverishly from within to overturn and destroy our once great nation.”

Trump warned on his social media platform, Truth Social, that the nation “has never been in greater peril than it is right now” and urged his supporters to help him “stop the communists, Marxists and fascist ‘pigs’ at every turn and make American great again!”

Florida Gov. Ron DeSantis, Trump’s top rival for the GOP presidential nomination, offered his own thoughts on Memorial Day during an interview with “Fox & Friends” earlier Monday.

He praised the nation as a “great country built on great values” but warned that the Constitution and Declaration of Independence “don’t run on autopilot if you don’t have people throughout history willing to put on the uniform, risk their lives and indeed give the last full measure of devotion.

“And so today is a day to reflect on those that made the ultimate sacrifice, because if you don’t have people that are willing to do that, then you really can’t have a free society,” he said.

Sen. Tim Scott (R-S.C.), who jumped into the presidential race last week, also offered remarks to honor service members who gave their lives to the nation’s defense.

“Over 1.3 million Americans have lost their lives in service to a greater cause. Today, let us not only reflect but let us be emboldened by their sacrifice, let us live each and every day as a way of saying thank you to the men and women we’ve never met. Our responsibility is to live our lives as Americans because the price is too high for us to live anything less than our very best,” he said in a short video clip posted on Twitter.

“God bless the United States of America and God bless every family who’s lost a loved one to the greater good,” he said.

Former South Carolina Gov. Nikki Haley (R), who is also running for the party’s presidential nomination, tweeted: “We should never take our rights and freedoms for granted.”

“Those blessings come with a price paid by so many brave men and women in our military. Let’s honor them today — and every day — with the greatest gift: teaching our kids to love America,” she said.

https://thehill.com/homenews/campai...h94_rE7NXH5OZwR73DtY9j9dIoJzEI9E8T8Wqme8

The feckless leader of the GOP can't even honor our fallen troops without turning it into political hate speech.

#gmstrong
P
Legend
Legend
P
Trump pledges to end birthright citizenship on first day in office

Former President Trump is returning to his calls to remove birthright citizenship, with his 2024 White House campaign announcing Tuesday he would seek to end it via executive order on his first day in office.

Trump announced his plan on the 125th anniversary of United States v. Wong Kim Ark, the Supreme Court case that established the constitutional right to birthright citizenship.

The proposal echoes a longtime demand of immigration restrictionists and a measure Trump toyed with while in office, attracting criticism from both immigration advocates and legal experts.

Most experts agree that a president does not have authority to end birthright citizenship through an executive order, primarily because the practice is enshrined in the Constitution.

The 14th Amendment grants citizenship to those “born or naturalized in the United States, and subject to the jurisdiction thereof.”

The widely accepted interpretation of that amendment — that it applies to children born in the United States regardless of the parents’ immigration status — has held since an 1898 Supreme Court case involving a U.S. citizen with Chinese parents.

The 14th amendment was adopted after the Civil War to guarantee equal rights for former slaves – immigration restrictionists argue that excludes the children of other groups like undocumented immigrants from its benefits.

“As members of the Reconstruction Congress explained in 1866, the narrow exception to birthright citizenship applied only to the children of diplomats and those born into Native American tribes, who were under the ‘jurisdiction’ of a separate sovereign and did not need to comply with all U.S. laws,” wrote Amanda Frost, a professor of law at the University of Virginia and author of “You Are Not American: Citizenship Stripping from Dred Scott to the Dreamers.”

“In contrast, immigrants and their children living in the United States were and are required to follow all federal and state laws or face criminal and civil penalties and so are fully ‘subject’ to the nation’s ‘jurisdiction.'”

According to the Trump campaign, the executive order “will explain the clear meaning of the 14th Amendment,” which it says is that the children of foreign nationals born in the United States are not subject to the jurisdiction of the United States as defined in the Constitution.

During Trump’s term in office, a draft executive order to that effect was circulated, and the idea was revived shortly after Trump’s loss to President Biden in the 2020 election.

But Trump had floated ending birthright citizenship earlier in his presidency.

Trump in 2018 said in an Axios interview that he planned to issue an executive order ending birthright citizenship, setting off a political firestorm.

“It was always told to me that you needed a constitutional amendment. Guess what? You don’t,” Trump said at the time.

While an executive order altering the interpretation of the 14th amendment would likely face legal challenges, its proponents sought to take the case to the courts, in hopes of getting a favorable Supreme Court outcome.

Supporters of the measure lauded the idea, betting on a judicial revocation of birthright citizenship.

“This will set up the court fight — the order will be enjoined, case will eventually reach SCOTUS, which then will finally have to rule on the meaning of ‘subject to the jurisdiction,'” wrote Mark Krikorian, executive director of the Center for Immigration Studies, a restrictionist group that calls for massive reductions in immigration.

Yet Trump did not trigger that court fight on the way out of the White House.

Like in 2016, Trump has sought to make immigration and border security a top campaign issue.

In its release Tuesday, the Trump campaign dove into the fight over the meaning of “jurisdiction,” and falsely claimed that the United States has “become one of the few countries in the world to extend citizenship to the children of illegal aliens even if both parents are not citizens nor even legally present in the United States.”

A broad majority of countries in the Americas have full birthright citizenship – Colombia and the Dominican Republic have some restrictions – and much of Western Europe employs a limited version of birthright citizenship.

Experts say that eliminating birthright citizenship in countries with high immigration carries inherent risks.

Germany, for instance, liberalized its citizenship rules after decades of imposing a strict system that negatively impacted many children of immigrants.

“​​The situation led to a few generations of resentful, displaced youths with only partial allegiance to the nation of their birth,” wrote Alex Nowrasteh, vice president for economic and social policy studies at the Cato Institute shortly after Trump’s 2018 Axios interview.

“Noncitizens born in Germany formed ‘parallel societies.’ They were more prone to crime and political ideologies like radical Islamism or Kurdish nationalism,” wrote Nowrasteh.

https://thehill.com/homenews/campai...x4VWtJLGgWOlAAFJh2paTG9CnVNc5VDG_XaUWzUU

#gmstrong
O
Legend
Legend
O
The Trump hate train is rolling. Cuckoo GOPer fascists are “luvin’ it” like a cheap cheeseburger.

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Birthright citizenship.... another Trump grievance.

I see this as DOA and not really worth discussing. The only exception being intentional travel based deliveries.

For people who reside here, if you are living (not visiting) in the country and a child is born, it is a citizen.

There will be no playoffs. Can’t play with who we have out there and compounding it with garbage playcalling and worse execution. We don’t have good skill players on offense period. Browns 20 - Bears 17.

Page 1 of 10 1 2 3 9 10
DawgTalkers.net Forums DawgTalk Palus Politicus The GOP and what they’ve become +

Link Copied to Clipboard