Print Thread
Page 7 of 10 1 2 5 6 7 8 9 10
D
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
D
Originally Posted by FATE
Originally Posted by PitDAWG
That's a good thing but I'm not sure how that erases his banning the teaching of black history and his anti- LGBTQ agenda in Florida schools.

Please explain how DeSantis has banned the teaching of Black History.

#fakenews

It hasn't. He has banned the teaching of the progressive agenda called WOKE that is non sense.

Romans 10:9 "That if thou shalt confess with thy mouth the Lord Jesus, and believe in thy heart that God hath raised him from the dead, thou shalt be saved."
P
PitDAWG Offline OP
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
P
Originally Posted by Pdawg
They may feel pressure from the state legislature to remove it from the elementary school. They also could have pulled it because a single parent complained. It would not be the first time a school has done this.

And there in lies the problem. That was what happened before this was banned in elementary school. One parent complained. And yes, teachers, librarians and school administrators are worried because the law is written so vaguely they have no idea how far reaching it could be used.

The Twitter video in my post shows this girl reading the poem if you are interested in seeing what it actually says. That was why I posted it.

Intoducing for The Cleveland Browns, Quarterback Deshawn "The Predator" Watson. He will also be the one to choose your next head coach.

#gmstrong
P
PitDAWG Offline OP
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
P
That's a good thing but I'm not sure how that erases his banning the teaching of black history and his anti- LGBTQ agenda in Florida schools.

#fakenews

Okay I'll post it in a way that might make it more palatable for you.

Florida has selectively banned what parts of black history are taught in their schools. They have banned how that history is connected throughout our nation's history up until today so that students won't "feel guilty for being white".

Fla. bill bans businesses and schools from making anyone feel guilt about race

https://www.npr.org/2022/02/08/1079...from-making-anyone-feel-guilt-about-race

Florida bill to shield people from feeling ‘discomfort’ over historic actions by their race, nationality or gender approved by Senate committee

https://www.cnn.com/2022/01/19/us/florida-education-critical-race-theory-bill/index.html

No, I'm pretty sure you won't find that palatable either.

Intoducing for The Cleveland Browns, Quarterback Deshawn "The Predator" Watson. He will also be the one to choose your next head coach.

#gmstrong
D
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
D

#fakenews

Okay I'll post it in a way that might make it more palatable for you.

Florida has selectively banned what parts of black history are taught in their schools. They have banned how that history is connected throughout our nation's history up until today so that students won't "feel guilty for being white".

Fla. bill bans businesses and schools from making anyone feel guilt about race

https://www.npr.org/2022/02/08/1079...from-making-anyone-feel-guilt-about-race

Florida bill to shield people from feeling ‘discomfort’ over historic actions by their race, nationality or gender approved by Senate committee

https://www.cnn.com/2022/01/19/us/florida-education-critical-race-theory-bill/index.html

No, I'm pretty sure you won't find that palatable either.

Here is the problem. No one should feel guilty about history. No one alive today was a slave owner or was a slave. None!!! This victim mentality and whoa is me non sense has to stop. This country we live in has had it's flaws but it is the greatest country that ever existed on planet earth and has liberated more people than any country in history. The white race of people that you want to feel guilty for something that happened 200+ years ago fought a war and freed the slaves. Sacrificed many lives for others freedoms. There is no other country in history that can say that.

Romans 10:9 "That if thou shalt confess with thy mouth the Lord Jesus, and believe in thy heart that God hath raised him from the dead, thou shalt be saved."
M
Legend
Legend
M
Why or how does teaching real history make anyone feel guilty? That's just whack thinking. Do you feel guilty? No ... so why would you assume anyone else would.

Do you think the real history of WWII shouldn't be taught in case Germans feel guilty? Do you think the history of Pearl Harbor shouldn't be taught in case the Japanese feel guilty? No - that'd be whack right?

The more things change the more they stay the same.
Legend
Legend
Cool. So, DeSantis didn't ban the teaching of black history. You stand corrected. thumbsup

HERE WE GO BROWNIES! HERE WE GO!!
P
PitDAWG Offline OP
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
P
Obviously you took a swing and a miss here. I agree with you that all of our history should be embraced. The the only way you can learn not to repeat your mistakes is to learn from them. I have not and am not advocating any people feel guilty over it.

You might want to read that again. The excuse so many people that DON'T want all of history to be taught is that it may make their children feel guilty for being white. They're afraid if you don't shield their children from it, it's they who may have the guilt. Much like yourself I feel that's foolish reasoning. It's a cheap excuse for not embracing all of our history and making sure our children learn from it.

This is actually like reverse snowflakism.

#gmstrong
P
PitDAWG Offline OP
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
P
Cool. So, DeSantis didn't ban the teaching of black history. You stand corrected. thumbsup

And hopefully now you understand it better.

#gmstrong
Legend
Legend

I understood it before you contorted it. But go ahead and pat yourself on the back for enlightening me anyway.

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
The point of contention is not "what is being taught", it is a dispute as "how it is taught" and the content of the material used to teach.

In simple terms you can offer the "traditional sanitized" version of slavery, but you can't use things like the 1619 project or other references that may be more accurate or offer an alternative narrative.

Another example.

Was the civil war "The War to end Slavery" or the "War of Northern Aggression" ?

The victor normally writes history....

There will be no playoffs. Can’t play with who we have out there and compounding it with garbage playcalling and worse execution. We don’t have good skill players on offense period. Browns 20 - Bears 17.

Legend
Legend

I understood it before you contorted it. But go ahead and pat yourself on the back for enlightening me anyway.

No, you didn't.

#GMSTRONG

“Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not to his own facts.”
Daniel Patrick Moynahan

"Alternative facts hurt us all. Think before you blindly believe."
Damanshot
Legend
Legend
Ahh, the resident Nostradumus weighs in... I don't know what I know or don't know, but he does. thumbsup

P
PitDAWG Offline OP
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
P
But go ahead and pat yourself on the back for enlightening me anyway.

It's a tough job but somebody has to do it.

#gmstrong
Legend
Legend
But go ahead and pat yourself on the back for enlightening me anyway.

It's a tough job but somebody has to do it.

Nah, it's all in a day's work for a keyboard crusader...

1. Lie about something.
2. Deflect instead of admitting.
3. Change talking point to ancillary arguments.
4. Act like you taught somebody something.
5. Jump back on your throne -- King Nothing.

2 members like this: EveDawg, MemphisBrownie
P
PitDAWG Offline OP
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
P
DeSantis does ban the teaching of black history. Every part of it he doesn't wish to be taught. You're welcome.

You sound butt hurt.

#gmstrong
F
Legend
Legend
F
Not entirely true, he banned an additional AP class on African Studies.
Florida law still states that black history be taught with US History.

We don't have to agree with each other, to respect each others opinion.
M
Legend
Legend
M
Cool. So, DeSantis didn't ban the teaching of ALL TYPES of black history. thumbsup

Not really following this discussion.... but does this make both your perspective and others "jive" with each other?

The more things change the more they stay the same.
P
PitDAWG Offline OP
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
P
It is true that they allow the pasteurized portion they feel isn't offensive to them.

#gmstrong
Legend
Legend
Originally Posted by mgh888
Cool. So, DeSantis didn't ban the teaching of ALL TYPES of black history. thumbsup

Not really following this discussion.... but does this make both your perspective and others "jive" with each other?

Sure. That was the point. His blanket statement was "I'm not sure how that erases his banning the teaching of black history".

I corrected him, he can't admit fault. No need to follow the conversation, it's just a waste of server space.

The funny thing to me is the faux outrage towards narrow-minded, non-facts such as his original statement. It becomes some battle-cry that everyone embraces and repeats all over the internet; facts be damned. What DeSantis, and parents (on both sides of the aisle) are fighting is loosely defined as "indoctrination". Especially when teachers, schools and boards decide it's none of the parent's business.

The craziest thing of all is that everyone acts as if this information is then permanently sequestered so that no young mind will ever have access. Like it's buried in a vault in order to perpetuate a lie. Anyone above the age of five (reading level) can learn any subject matter.

I guess the real question is: should deciding what is taught in schools be exclusive to teachers and school boards? Or should government and parents have a voice?

P
PitDAWG Offline OP
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
P
I clarified my statement but somehow you didn't get the message. Color me shocked. I guess the obvious comes into focus when you make it more about the messenger than the message. It's become a common theme around here while those who participate in such a thing cry foul in the other direction. I cleared things up for you yet here you are still droning on about it.

To actually address the small portion of your post that's actually on topic, the problem becomes when a single parent or a hand full of parents or a politician makes the choices for all parents. The problem becomes when a portion of parents don't like or are offended by certain things that gives them the right to make decisions that impact all other parents and children. It seems odd to me those very same people who keep saying the left is infringing on their choices have no problem infringing on the choices of others. I mean it all depends on the subject in question it seems.

#gmstrong
P
PitDAWG Offline OP
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
P
Ron DeSantis signs law clearing the path for his presidential run

It comes just hours before the Florida governor is set to announce his presidential campaign in a conversation on Twitter Spaces with Elon Musk, as NBC News first reported.

TALLAHASSEE, Fla. — Gov. Ron DeSantis signed a sweeping elections bill Wednesday that will make it easier for him to run for president, a move that comes hours after he formally filed to make a bid for the White House.

The most discussed provision in the election package is a change to the state's "resign-to-run" law. It was unclear if the change was needed to allow DeSantis to continue to be governor of the third-largest state in the country while simultaneously running for president, but Republican legislative leaders have long said they would change it to ensure there were no legal concerns.

DeSantis quietly signed the bill Wednesday, with no fanfare, hours before his formal presidential launch, which will come in during an interview with Twitter owner Elon Musk during a 6 p.m. ET Twitter Spaces event on Wednesday.

His office did not respond to requests seeking comment.

The resign-to-run changes are among a handful Republican lawmakers passed that will make it easier for DeSantis to run for president.

They also created exemptions to state public records laws to make DeSantis’ travel and potential donor meetings more opaque, and, in a last-minute move, gave him an additional $1 million for staff raises to help keep his core team together ahead of a likely presidential run.

The resign-to-run proposal became the subject of early attacks from former President Donald Trump, who is the front-runner for the 2024 Republican nomination by a wide margin, according to several recent public polls.

“I couldn’t care less if Ron DeSanctus runs, but the problem is the bill he is about to sign, which allows him to run without resigning from being governor, totally weakens election integrity in Florida,” Trump wrote in a Truth Social post on April 30. “Instead of getting tough, and doing what the people want (same day voting, voter id, proof of citizenship, paper ballots, hand count etc.) the bill guts everything.”

Trump has tried to frame the underlying bill, which includes several Florida election law changes, as DeSantis weakening “election integrity,” a term that has become a mainstay in the conservative lexicon when discussing election reforms. Florida, for three years in a row, has passed sweeping election bills that have prompted lawsuits and concerns of voter suppression from Democrats and voting rights groups.

SB 7050, the legislation that includes the resign-to-run provision, also includes, among other things, increasing the total annual fine from $50,000 to $250,000 that the state can levy on outside voter registration groups for infractions like late-filed registration applications, or using people who have felonies on their records or cannot prove they are United States citizens as part of voter registration drives.

Heavier penalties for voter registration groups, opponents charge, will disproportionately affect registration of minority voters, who are generally Democratic-leaning.

“Black and Hispanic voters are five times more likely to be registered to vote by these organizations than white voters,” Kirk Bailey, political director of the ACLU of Florida, said in a statement. “Lawmakers know this is a bill that would disproportionately impact many Black and brown Floridians who rely on community-based groups to keep them updated on voting rules, which are already difficult to understand.”

The resign-to-run provision tucked into that larger election bill has been a central focus as a DeSantis’ bid for president came into closer view, but a Republican-led Legislature signed off on several other changes that will make it harder to track DeSantis’ official actions.

Separate legislation would allow DeSantis’ use of state planes to be secret, a move viewed by Democrats as paving the way for the governor to use the state’s taxpayer-funded plane in a way that’s nearly impossible to track, as is allowed currently under Florida law. The proposal would also apply to legislative leadership and other top government officials, but the focus had been on the implications for DeSantis because of his expected presidential campaign rollout.

Republican supporters argued the provision, which would also apply to past travel, is needed for safety reasons.

“A very simple bill that is truly about safety and security of our most senior elected officials has become politicized,” Republican House sponsor Jeff Holcomb said just before the bill’s final passage.

Democrats, though, charged that the bill is pure politics.

“I have seen a lot of bills this session that have been specifically allocated for a single individual who wants to run for president,” said Democratic state Rep. Anna Eskamani when the House passed the legislation. “And I just don’t think we should bend laws to benefit one individual and their political aspirations.”

Separate language in the bill would also shield from public record laws the names of people who visit Florida’s governor’s mansion on issues not related to official government business. In recent weeks, DeSantis has held meetings with potential donors at the mansion ahead of his presidential run.

Because the creation of a public records exemption requires a two-thirds vote of both chambers of the state Legislature, the bill’s passage came about only because the GOP holds supermajorities in both the House and Senate. Democrats were in near universal opposition to the bill.

The $1 million for salary boosts for top DeSantis staffers was added as part of what’s informally known as the “sprinkle list,” because such late allocations are seen as sprinkles on top of what at that point is an already mostly finished proposal. Senate budget chief Doug Broxson, a Republican, told reporters the money would allow DeSantis to keep top staffers.

“He will be able to keep people that are valuable to him, and they will not be tempted to go to the private sector,” he said.

https://www.nbcnews.com/politics/20..._647EULZnAOgSR178UE6NtfctEbEco0uqyzWIIqY

#gmstrong
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
https://www.tallahassee.com/story/n...-hispanics-than-donald-trump/8316662001/

Florida exit polls: DeSantis won Hispanics and just about every other key group

DeSantis won 57% of the Hispanic vote, compared with 42% for Democrat Charlie Crist, according to exit polls by major news organizations. And he won not only the traditionally GOP-leaning Cuban-American vote, but Puerto Ricans, who historically tend to vote Democratic.

Blocking those who argue to argue, eliminates the argument.
O
Legend
Legend
O
DeStains is a Nazi sympathizer. Just like Donny.

Your feelings and opinions do not add up to facts.
Legend
Legend
I’m betting most of us live our lives like a book that Florida would ban.

A life is not important except in the impact it has on other lives.
– Jackie Robinson
1 member likes this: PortlandDawg
Legend
Legend
Originally Posted by superbowldogg
https://www.tallahassee.com/story/n...-hispanics-than-donald-trump/8316662001/

Florida exit polls: DeSantis won Hispanics and just about every other key group

DeSantis won 57% of the Hispanic vote, compared with 42% for Democrat Charlie Crist, according to exit polls by major news organizations. And he won not only the traditionally GOP-leaning Cuban-American vote, but Puerto Ricans, who historically tend to vote Democratic.

One state out of 50 bro. Just 1 state.

– Jackie Robinson
Legend
Legend
Originally Posted by OldColdDawg
DeStains is a Nazi sympathizer. Just like Donny.

He’s already burning books. What’s next immigration death camps to stop refugees and migrants?

– Jackie Robinson
M
Legend
Legend
M
What’s next immigration death camps to stop refugees and migrants?

Yep. That's totally what's next.

Tackles are tackles.
Legend
Legend
Originally Posted by MemphisBrownie

Yep, and then world domination becomes the next passion for Nazi fascists.

– Jackie Robinson
P
PitDAWG Offline OP
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
P
He seems to fall under the category of not knowing any better. This is how they trick their followers into thinking that "all Latino's are alike". Maybe if he would take the time to understand the way Cubans vote he would get it. But he's too busy trying to make a point that doesn't exist.

#gmstrong
M
Legend
Legend
M
Originally Posted by PerfectSpiral

For sure. It's inevitable.

Do you think he'd sell tickets to the death camps like going to the zoo?.... to help with the budget deficit, of course.

Tackles are tackles.
P
PitDAWG Offline OP
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
P
Anything for a buck. right?

#gmstrong
Legend
Legend

Do you think he'd sell tickets to the death camps like going to the zoo?.... to help with the budget deficit, of course.

Actually what will happen is..the removal of gold teeth from the victims and taking of all their possessions and the mass murder of their children as well.

– Jackie Robinson
M
Legend
Legend
M

Actually what will happen is..the removal of gold teeth from the victims and taking of all their possessions and the mass murder of their children as well.

Yeah, that makes complete sense.

Tackles are tackles.
Legend
Legend

Yeah, that makes complete sense.

I know right? Because …. You and I know …. it’s happened before. And everyone knows history has a tendency to repeat.

– Jackie Robinson
S
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
S
jc

Polis called Desantis to put a wager on the NBA finals. Disneyland. No response from Desantis yet.

It's supposed to be hard! If it wasn't hard, everyone would do it. The hard... is what makes it great!
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Protesters carrying Nazi flags and DeSantis imagery gathered outside Disney World in Orlando, Florida

Alia Shoaib
Sun, June 11, 2023 at 8:24 AM EDT·2 min read

Protesters with Nazi flags gathered outside Disney World on Saturday.

Some also carried flags in support of Florida Gov. Ron DeSantis.

DeSantis has been embroiled in a yearlong feud with Disney over the "Don't Say Gay" bill.

Protestors waving Nazi flags gathered outside Disney World in Orlando, Florida on Saturday afternoon.

Some of the protesters also held up signs in support of Florida Gov. Ron DeSantis, who is running for the 2024 GOP presidential nomination.

This content is not available due to your privacy preferences.
Update your settings here to see it.

DeSantis and Disney have been involved in a yearlong feud that began after the company spoke out against a controversial piece of legislation dubbed the "Don't Say Gay" bill.

The Florida governor has since targeted Disney's special self-governing powers and has threatened other measures, and the company has retaliated by suing DeSantis, alleging he has tried to "weaponize government power" over the company.

The governor has denied that his actions against Disney are politically motivated.

An expert previously told Insider that the governor's actions are risky, as Florida has more to lose than Disney in this fight.

Last May, a similar protest took place in the same location outside Disney World with protesters carrying Nazi flags.

At the time, the Florida Holocaust Museum said in a statement: It's a sad day for humanity when even Disney World — the 'happiest place on earth' — is not immune to blatant antisemitism."

"Displays of Nazi imagery are repugnant, and this demonstration was clearly meant to offend and provoke," it said. "No family should be confronted with threatening symbols of hate, least of all on vacation."

Representatives for DeSantis did not immediately respond to Insider's request for comment, which was made outside of normal working hours.

https://www.yahoo.com/news/protesters-carrying-nazi-flags-desantis-122405674.html

People who lack accountability think everything is an attack
P
PitDAWG Offline OP
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
P
Nazi protests have been happening in DeSantisland for a while now. This is from a year ago......

Murica!

#gmstrong
P
PitDAWG Offline OP
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
P
Here is a quick clip of those "anti woke" protestors reported in the story you posted about.

#gmstrong
O
Legend
Legend
O
Originally Posted by Jester
Protesters carrying Nazi flags and DeSantis imagery gathered outside Disney World in Orlando, Florida

Alia Shoaib
Sun, June 11, 2023 at 8:24 AM EDT·2 min read

Protesters with Nazi flags gathered outside Disney World on Saturday.

Some also carried flags in support of Florida Gov. Ron DeSantis.

DeSantis has been embroiled in a yearlong feud with Disney over the "Don't Say Gay" bill.

Protestors waving Nazi flags gathered outside Disney World in Orlando, Florida on Saturday afternoon.

Some of the protesters also held up signs in support of Florida Gov. Ron DeSantis, who is running for the 2024 GOP presidential nomination.

This content is not available due to your privacy preferences.
Update your settings here to see it.

DeSantis and Disney have been involved in a yearlong feud that began after the company spoke out against a controversial piece of legislation dubbed the "Don't Say Gay" bill.

The Florida governor has since targeted Disney's special self-governing powers and has threatened other measures, and the company has retaliated by suing DeSantis, alleging he has tried to "weaponize government power" over the company.

The governor has denied that his actions against Disney are politically motivated.

An expert previously told Insider that the governor's actions are risky, as Florida has more to lose than Disney in this fight.

Last May, a similar protest took place in the same location outside Disney World with protesters carrying Nazi flags.

At the time, the Florida Holocaust Museum said in a statement: It's a sad day for humanity when even Disney World — the 'happiest place on earth' — is not immune to blatant antisemitism."

"Displays of Nazi imagery are repugnant, and this demonstration was clearly meant to offend and provoke," it said. "No family should be confronted with threatening symbols of hate, least of all on vacation."

Representatives for DeSantis did not immediately respond to Insider's request for comment, which was made outside of normal working hours.

https://www.yahoo.com/news/protesters-carrying-nazi-flags-desantis-122405674.html

I’m glad there were NO FASCISTS there… [roll eyes] Definitely wouldn’t want to call Republicans fascists, because they are not. They just have lots of NAZI friends… Smfh.

Your feelings and opinions do not add up to facts.
Legend
Legend
i really thought DeSantis had a shot at being THE guy for the GOP, but damn he's been taking L's after L's. that whole migrant busing nonsense has even conservatives ticked off at him, and this war against mickey mouse somehow ended up being more childish than Trump, and you REALLY gotta try to be more childish than him.

“To announce that there must be no criticism of the President, or that we are to stand by the President, right or wrong, is not only unpatriotic and servile, but is morally treasonable to the American public.”

- Theodore Roosevelt
Page 7 of 10 1 2 5 6 7 8 9 10
DawgTalkers.net Forums DawgTalk Palus Politicus DeSantis Attack On disney Continues

Link Copied to Clipboard