Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 10 1 2 3 4 9 10
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Right around the 9:50 mark trump talks about how he abused his power as owner of the beauty pageant to perv on teenage and younger girls.

But it wasn't his fault. All the blame goes on the girls for being so pretty

Don't blame the clown for acting like a clown.
Ask yourself why you keep going to the circus.
D
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
D
That’s an awfully big dot to connect. The video did provide more substance than I was expecting, and it is weird that Trump again went on the offensive toward him recently, but I can’t see DeSantis all of a sudden growing a spine and falling out of line. He already capitulated and endorsed Trump, and I imagine he would have released this info during his campaign if he had a smoking gun.

Blue ostriches on crack float on milkshakes between the sidewalk titans of gurglefitz. --YTown

#gmstrong
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
LA Times
Column: Trump has big plans for California if he wins a second term. Fasten your seatbelts
Doyle McManus
Mon, March 18, 2024 at 5:00 AM EDT·5 min read

"The place is failing," former President Trump said of California at the Conservative Political Action Conference in Maryland last month. (Alex Brandon / Associated Press)
Donald Trump is running against California — again.

In his campaign to win a second term, the former president frequently excoriates the state as a terrifying dystopia — the inevitable product, he claims, of Democratic policies.

“The place is failing,” he told a conservative conference last month.

“It has become a symbol of our nation’s decline,” he told California Republicans last year.

“They don’t have water,” he said. “Rich people in Beverly Hills … [are] only allowed a small amount of water when they take a shower. That’s why rich people from Beverly Hills, generally speaking, don’t smell so good.”

He accused Gov. Gavin Newsom of telling undocumented migrants, “If you come up, we’re going to give you pension funds…. We’ll give you a mansion.” (Newsom has never promised migrants pension funds or mansions.)

Under its current policies, Trump charged, the state can “take children away from their parents and sterilize them.” (California does not seize children to sterilize them.)

“He’s destroyed California,” Trump said of the governor, whom he recently gave a new and strikingly unattractive nickname: “Gavin New-Scum.”

California-bashing has become a standard feature of GOP rhetoric, of course. A national survey for The Times this year found that almost half of Republicans believe the state is “not really American.”

What makes Trump’s version more than mere blather is that he could be president next year, and he has big plans for California if he wins.

He has promised to use an expansive view of presidential power to undo state laws and policies on many fronts, including areas such as law enforcement and education where states, not the federal government, have traditionally been in charge.

Some examples:

He says he’ll close the U.S.-Mexico border on his first day in office — the day he has set aside to act as “a dictator” — and launch “the largest domestic deportation operation in American history.”

His Santa Monica-born immigration advisor, Stephen Miller, says that if Democratic states such as California don’t cooperate, Trump could order National Guard units from red states such as Texas to cross their borders — a recipe for constitutional crisis.

Trump has promised to scrap President Biden’s programs to promote renewable energy, including subsidies for electric vehicles and charging stations. His advisors have proposed limiting California’s power to set fuel emission standards for automobiles.

He says he’ll stop the state from allowing Sacramento River water to flow into the Pacific to protect the Sacramento Delta. “We’re not going to let them get away with that any longer,” he said. (Water experts say it would be impractical and environmentally disastrous to divert the river's flow completely. Newsom has already suspended some environmental laws to send more water to reservoirs and is preparing to build a new water tunnel under the delta.)

Trump says he’ll send federal law enforcement officers into Oakland and other cities to stop rampant shoplifting. “If you rob a store, you can fully expect to be shot as you are leaving that store — shot!” he said.

And he says he will prosecute California healthcare providers if they comply with a state law that prohibits releasing information about minors' gender-related medical care to other states. (He called the law a “sick California scheme for violating federal laws against kidnapping [and] sex trafficking.”)

Those proposals suggest that a second Trump term, like the first, would produce major collisions between the White House and California's Democratic state government.

"If campaign promises have any meaning, you’re looking not just at a second term; you’re looking at Trump on steroids," said Larry Gerston, an emeritus professor of political science at San Jose State University. "The impact on California would be very real. Abruptly removing huge numbers of undocumented immigrants, for example, would disrupt all of our lives ... and be a big hit to the economy."

Many of those proposals are retreads from Trump’s first term as president from 2017 to 2021. Some, like his attempt to repeal California’s emissions standards, were blocked by courts after state lawsuits.

But Trump may stand a better chance of success the second time around.

His first term was launched with little preparation and no detailed transition plan. This time, he’s likely to appoint a more thoroughly Trumpified White House staff and Cabinet, with fewer moderates applying the brakes.

The Supreme Court, with three Trump appointees in its six-seat majority, is friendlier too.

And pro-Trump policy wonks have already produced a 920-page handbook of policy proposals for a second Trump term, “Project 2025.”

“This is a very big deal,” said Donald F. Kettl of the University of Texas, an expert on federal-state relations. “At the end of the first Trump term, there was frustration among his aides that they had finally figured out what they wanted to do, but ran out of time. They’ve spent four years planning, learning from their mistakes and compiling an action plan.”

Some of their ideas would still be difficult to carry out, Kettl noted.

“Sending troops out into the country to look for migrants waiting for their court dates would be very tough to implement,” he said.

But even the less bellicose actions Trump has proposed could have major effects on California and other Western states. I’ll explore them in more depth in future columns.

https://www.yahoo.com/news/column-trump-big-plans-california-090043162.html

Last edited by Jester; 03/18/24 08:34 AM.

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Making crap up that his drones will parrot, Abusing his powers as president, crating a marshall state sending in federal troops to impose his will on states' rights, invading our privay (HIPPA laws are ther for a reason), and creating environmental disasters in the process.

This isn't supposition, these are words straight from his mouth

P
Legend
Legend
P
He has tried to play dictator before over regulations. When he has done so he has lost.....

The Trump administration has lost more than 90 percent of its court battles over deregulation

https://www.cnbc.com/2019/01/24/tru...rcent-of-deregulation-court-battles.html

Intoducing for The Cleveland Browns, Quarterback Deshawn "The Predator" Watson. He will also be the one to choose your next head coach.

#gmstrong
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
The difference this time is that he knows which are the key positions to make sure he has a minion installed. He has learned how to take out the roadblocks.

Legend
Legend
Attacking California. The state that feeds the world. rofl what a maroon?

We just moved to Cali this year. Got a VA loan. 5.2% an a home in the Central Valley with solar power. Electric bills are under $40 a mo, and water is cheaper here than Colorado. Also we are paying less property tax and sales taxes here than we did in Colorado. Bring it on trump’s trumpers, we’re ready for ya.

A life is not important except in the impact it has on other lives.
– Jackie Robinson
1 member likes this: OldColdDawg
P
Legend
Legend
P
He did stack the SCOTUS but I think the question remains on whether they will still fall in line every time. But in order to win these things in court, the minions he would have to install are judges that will bend to his every desire.

Intoducing for The Cleveland Browns, Quarterback Deshawn "The Predator" Watson. He will also be the one to choose your next head coach.

#gmstrong
Legend
Legend
He did stack the SCOTUS but I think the question remains on whether they will still fall in line every time.

They have so far. I see no reason to think they won’t continue to do so.

– Jackie Robinson
P
Legend
Legend
P
In some cases yes. But decisions have been made that do not favor conservatives. For me the litmus test will be their decision on presidential immunity.

#gmstrong
Legend
Legend
It’s very telling to me by the fact they haven’t ruled on the immunity issue by now, which way they’re leaning. The question of immunity is absurd. Nobody is above the law. Nobody. This shouldn’t be a SC issue at all.

– Jackie Robinson
P
Legend
Legend
P
There certainly is presidential immunity. But that immunity is based on actions a president takes in "their official duties as president". I don't think things like trying to overthrow a presidential election is part of your presidential duties. I'm really not sure I have ever seen a SCOTUS let anyone know "which way they are leaning" until their opinion is published.

#gmstrong
Legend
Legend
It’s ridiculously insane to even consider immunity for trump in regard to what he did on Jan 6th.

– Jackie Robinson
D
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
D
Originally Posted by PerfectSpiral
It’s ridiculously insane to even consider immunity for trump in regard to what he did on Jan 6th.

Funny when your vice president bailed people out of jail for rioting and burning down property. Double standard!!!

Romans 10:9 "That if thou shalt confess with thy mouth the Lord Jesus, and believe in thy heart that God hath raised him from the dead, thou shalt be saved."
D
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
D
I think Harris is a dud, but how do you compare the two? What would she need immunity for?

Blue ostriches on crack float on milkshakes between the sidewalk titans of gurglefitz. --YTown

#gmstrong
1 member likes this: Jester
P
Legend
Legend
P
Originally Posted by Day of the Dawg

Funny when your vice president bailed people out of jail for rioting and burning down property. Double standard!!!

I had no idea posting bail was illegal? I thought it was an actual part of the legal process. So what charges should be brought against her for doing something 100% legal? Oh, and BTW, she's your vice president too.

#gmstrong
Legend
Legend
Originally Posted by Ballpeen
I know Pence said he wouldn't endorse Trump. That isn't the same as saying he wouldn't vote for him. Pence has said he would never vote for President Biden.

I will admit there may not be much distinction between the two.

If you were Pence, would you vote for a guy that tried to have you hung? How about your family? I mean, being a republican today may mean that very thing. These days, you just can't trust any republican.

I'm not saying it, they all act like it and I've observed it. The king is Trump and you guys follow him everywhere. Ask yourself this, do you intend to be part of the Bloodbath if he losses the election?

#GMSTRONG

“Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not to his own facts.”
Daniel Patrick Moynahan

"Alternative facts hurt us all. Think before you blindly believe."
Damanshot
Legend
Legend
There's going to be a bloodbath if he loses?

HERE WE GO BROWNIES! HERE WE GO!!
O
Legend
Legend
O
Originally Posted by Jester
The difference this time is that he knows which are the key positions to make sure he has a minion installed. He has learned how to take out the roadblocks.

He is rigging the system to be dictator.

Your feelings and opinions do not add up to facts.
O
Legend
Legend
O
Originally Posted by Day of the Dawg

Smfh. Duped.

Last edited by OldColdDawg; 03/18/24 06:36 PM.

O
Legend
Legend
O
Originally Posted by FATE

According to Agent Orange, there will be a bloodbath if he loses… between Automakers… wink wink. Trash punk ass Trump rhetoric that his dupes will take as orders. He’s fomenting civil unrest if he loses already. Dude’s a national security menace.

Legend
Legend
Originally Posted by OldColdDawg

According to Agent Orange, there will be a bloodbath if he loses… between Automakers… wink wink. Trash punk ass Trump rhetoric that his dupes will take as orders. He’s fomenting civil unrest if he loses already. Dude’s a national security menace.

Ah, so "bloodbath" is a dog whistle.

It seems weird that it only worked on libs though.

Well, not really.

E
Legend
Legend
E
Libtards are hysterically scared of Trump. Shaking in their shoes. Their dreams are haunted with bloodbaths. They all need to be deprogrammed from the TDS.

No Craps Given
O
Legend
Legend
O

Well, not really.

Probably wasn’t covered in the propaganda reports…

O
Legend
Legend
O
Originally Posted by EveDawg
Libtards are hysterically scared of Trump. Shaking in their shoes. Their dreams are haunted with bloodbaths. They all need to be deprogrammed from the TDS.

I’m not scared of a damn thing. Especially Trump. His well earned disgrace is coming, and I can’t wait. I’m sorry you see that attitude as anything other than patriotic considering the coup and all. But why would I expect YOU to get it. And regardless of the polls, I don’t think he has a chance in hell of winning. There are too many real Americans left to stop him.

Last edited by OldColdDawg; 03/18/24 07:02 PM.

Legend
Legend

Well, not really.

Probably wasn’t covered in the propaganda reports…

Oh, it was covered in ALL the propaganda reports. Pretty sure it shut down Giggle for two days.

It had Crazy Joe Scarbro screaming and swearing at the TV at 6am.

O
Legend
Legend
O
Because he’s a patriot.

Legend
Legend
Hey, did you see that Sleepy got some new kicks though? So he can quit falling on his face when he get's crossed-over by Trumpty?

Sleepy gearing up to go hard in the paint. Hopefully that doesn't involve opening his mouth.

Stumbling Joe Biden forced to wear new shoes for 'maximum stability' after 'tripping so much'

Legend
Legend
Because he’s a patriot.

You spelled parrot wrong.

E
Legend
Legend
E

I’m not scared of a damn thing. Especially Trump. His well earned disgrace is coming, and I can’t wait. I’m sorry you see that attitude as anything other than patriotic considering the coup and all. But why would I expect YOU to get it. And regardless of the polls, I don’t think he has a chance in hell of winning. There are too many real Americans left to stop him.

We'll deprogram you first.

No Craps Given
O
Legend
Legend
O
Because he’s a patriot.

You spelled parrot wrong.

Good catch, thanks.

Because he’s a fate/Eve.

O
Legend
Legend
O

Can’t wait to see you try.

Legend
Legend

You can see with your head up there?

Weird.

O
Legend
Legend
O
Above the ridiculous BS, yes. It’s very clear up here, don’t you remember?

D
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
D

While professing his ambition to actually be one, ver batim to boot.

#gmstrong
N
Dawg Talker
OP Offline
Dawg Talker
N

You can see with your head up there?

Weird.

Can see very well, he brought the light inside the body, a very powerful light

2 members like this: PitDAWG, Jester
N
Dawg Talker
OP Offline
Dawg Talker
N
Pro-Trump lawyer arrested on bench warrant in Washington, D.C.
Craig Mauger
Beth LeBlanc
Grant Schwab
The Detroit News

Stefanie Lambert, a Michigan lawyer who has championed dubious claims of election fraud, was arrested in Washington, D.C., Monday afternoon because of a bench warrant, according to a spokesman for the U.S. Marshals Service.

The arrest ended an 11-day saga of uncertainty that played out after Oakland County Circuit Court Judge Jeffery Matis issued a warrant because Lambert failed to appear for a hearing related to four felony charges she's facing in Michigan.

Lambert, who's gained prominence among supporters of former President Donald Trump, refused to turn herself in and attempted to challenge the warrant in court filings. On Wednesday, Matis called on the attorney from South Lyon "to comply with that warrant."

Meanwhile, Lambert has also been representing businessman Patrick Byrne, former chief executive officer of Overstock, in a defamation lawsuit brought by Dominion Voting Systems. There was a hearing in Byrne's case in federal court in Washington, D.C., at 3 p.m. Monday. Lambert attended the hearing despite the warrant.

After the hearing concluded, all lawyers and observers, except for Lambert, exited the meeting room and U.S. marshals entered.

One reporter asked the marshals later to comment on whether an arrest was made of Lambert, and they declined to answer the question. The hearing room's doors, at that point, were locked.

Later Monday evening, Mike Dito, a public information officer for the U.S. Marshals Service, confirmed Lambert had been arrested.

More:2,000 pages of 'confidential' Dominion emails dumped on social media

In August, Special Prosecutor D.J. Hilson revealed four felony charges against her, including undue possession of a voting machine. Lambert and others who were spreading theories of fraud about the 2020 election allegedly conspired to obtain and analyze five tabulators that were used in Michigan.

Lambert has resisted getting fingerprinted by authorities as her criminal case is ongoing. In a court filing on March 8, Lambert contended that Hilson wants to use her fingerprints to compare with evidence on the tabulators.

On March 7, Matis intended to hold a court hearing on why Lambert hadn't been fingerprinted despite orders that it happen. But Lambert didn't attend the hearing, leading to the bench warrant.

Dan Hartman, who's Lambert's lawyer, argued on Wednesday that there were "communication issues," involving Lambert and her former lawyer Michael J. Smith, causing her to not show up. Smith withdrew as Lambert's lawyer soon after the bench warrant was issued.

Judge mulls 'severe remedy'
Lambert represented Byrne in federal court in Washington on Monday afternoon for a hearing before Magistrate Judge Moxila Upadhyaya about why she turned over confidential records from Dominion in the case to Barry County Sheriff Dar Leaf.

In recent days, a new social media account using the name and photo of Leaf has released more than 2,100 pages of emails from employees of Dominion as the elections equipment company maintained Leaf got improper access to internal messages through the breach of a court order.

An account on the website X with the handle @SheriffLeaf sent out links to the Dominion emails, which were marked "confidential." Leaf didn't immediately respond Monday to a request from The Detroit News, asking whether he was personally operating the account.

Upadhyaya questioned why Lambert provided the documents to Leaf rather than ask the court to unseal them first.

Lambert said she wanted "law enforcement" to investigate the documents.

"If I had a literally dead body," Lambert said, "I wouldn't bring it to the court first and ask the court what to do with it."

On Friday, attorneys for Dominion filed an emergency motion in federal court in Washington, D.C., arguing in favor of a judge disqualifying Lambert from providing legal help to Byrne in the defamation case, contending she had improperly shared with Leaf confidential records, provided under a protective order through document discovery in its lawsuit against Byrne.

The company said its employees face death threats.

"From social media calls to lynch Dominion personnel to a man armed with a rifle who came to their offices, Dominion’s employees have directly suffered the consequences of the lies spread by Byrne and his fellow defendants," Dominion's lawyers wrote. "They now fear further threats due to conduct of his counsel done at his direction."

Upadhyaya didn't rule on whether Lambert should be disqualified on Monday, calling that a "severe remedy" that would take more time to consider. She did, however, rule that Lambert and Byrne's access to the document repository must remain cut off until further notice.

P
Legend
Legend
P

He actually said "there's going to be a bloodbath across the country" if he loses. Not a bloodbath in the auto industry. Not a bloodbath in autoworker jobs.

Words have meaning. The lack of words also has meaning. Trying to make excuses for it also has meaning.

#gmstrong
P
Legend
Legend
P

So after programming so many with your propaganda, now you're going to get into the deprogramming business?

#gmstrong
P
Legend
Legend
P
Originally Posted by dawglover05

While professing his ambition to actually be one, ver batim to boot.

They don't care because that's what they want.

#gmstrong
Page 2 of 10 1 2 3 4 9 10
DawgTalkers.net Forums DawgTalk Palus Politicus Republicans-still at it-again

Link Copied to Clipboard