Originally Posted by Ballpeen
and something is going on with the O.

I think this offense misses Hubbard more than most realize. If nothing else, if Conklin goes out, Hubs came in and there was a drop-off, but not one that would kill us. The drop to Hance or whomever else we put out there is significant.
The compounded effect is that in situations where we run 6 OL and that 6th man was Hubbard, is now... who? The guy behind Hance?

Watt is a beast, anyway, but he had a field day blowing up our right side. They all did.
Also, I wonder about how much Romo might be right in us tipping our hand with our alignment. ... you have a better than average chance of know if we're running or passing simply by whether Baker is in shotgun or under center.

Berry needs to work some magic and bring in an upgrade at Swing Tackle before the deadline passes.
At the end of last season, I saw the TV putting up all sorts of things about teams breaking Playoff Droughts, and the one that stuck in my craw and I scoffed at was that like 95% of those teams miss the playoffs the following year. I thought there was NO WAY we would be among them; we're definitely in the 5%.
We are not. Not with this offense operating the way it is and not with a defense that still makes it routine to give up 11 on 3rd and 10.

Our WRs are a major disappointment, and I don't say this next bit lightly - unless they pull their heads out of their collective butts and start doing their job, I would trade them straight up for the WRs on ANY other team provided the new guys will simply do their job. There's only two parts to the job: Block and Catch. That's it. If you can't do that, you should be a Cornerback. Hell, I'm a fan of pyrrhic victories... I'd keep them all and then run nothing but 3-TE sets so that they get diddly when they finally get to the open market.