Originally Posted by DCDAWGFAN
Our last possession was somewhat analogous of entire passing game..

Play 1 - Baker is under pressure immediately because Wills got beat right off the snap. He somehow manages to get the ball out of bounds.
Play 2 - Has a little time, back shoulder throw to Jarvis, either the throw was too far behind him or... Jarvis waited too long to turn back.... either way, he was well covered but it was a makeable play if Baker and Jarvis had been on the same page.
Play 3 - Hits Hooper in the hands, well covered but could have been caught and would have given us 3rd and 1, didn't catch it.
Play 4 - Hits the underneath route but tackled before the first down..

Our offensive passing game in 4 plays.

It was a drive when I thought to myself I finally agreed with some of the Baker detractors on here - it was a drive where Baker had to come up and make plays and find a way to win. And then this series happens exactly as you wrote. Without a running QB who is either going to run around for 6 seconds in the backfield or run for the 1st down himself - there isn't a QB that would make a difference. Not sure if this was the same series where the throw to Hooper was on the sidelines and Baker has to throw the ball before Hoop has turned around to look for it? The defender was literally draped all over him.

Baker had one or two errant throws but other than that - he played well enough. Putting any of the loss on him is more agenda or contrived posting than reality. I mean he's out there and he owns the same amount of ownership for lack of execution as every single player on the offense - receivers, RB and OL included. But the real issue is injuries, scheme and play calling. Njoku as your deep threat is not going to be a viable offense.