Originally Posted by Clemdawg
Injuries changed this team and what it could do.
IMHO, it's as simple as that.

They didn't lie to us, and they didn't sell us a pig in a poke.
We looked good on paper at the start of the year, and we only looked good as long as our entire compliment on #1's were on the field together.

W84- I get why you feel the way you do. We've all lived through the years when we deserved to feel betrayed (*cough*Holmgren*cough*), but I think that this was something quite different.

Two thoughts I'm keeping in my head at the same time:

1. The season isn't over yet, and CLE might still have some exciting games for us to watch.
2. The core of a good team will still be here to start the next season.

As a long-suffering fan, there's really no other mindset to take, when it comes to rooting for this team.

Clem.

Excellent. I thought at the beginning of the season that only 2 things will stop us......injuries and off the field shenanigans. We've had a lot of the first and a little of the second. But you are right. There are still 5 games left and we're playing meaningful football in December. Our injured players have had a week off. Lamar is playing like crap. The steelers aren't very good despite pulling a few wins out of their butt. The bengals have been taken down a notch. The Raiders are 1-4 in their last 5. I don't think we'll have a Chrismas gift from the Packers though. It could be an interesting few weeks and we might be feeling a lot better once it plays out.