j/c

Life hits us with things we have no control over. Those are things we must face and fight head on. Then there are choices we make about things that we are not required to do. Options in life. Our hobbies and passions. Those we have a choice in. Those things we choose to love, follow and in some cases, like Browns fans, endure.

I've chosen to be a very passionate Browns fan. Sort of a family tradition handed down to me from my grandpa. I chose to endure "the drive", "the fumble" and everything that has smacked us in the face since 1999. I even had no team for a few years as the rest of you that are old enough to have hung on during that time. I've watched as long time posters have left this board and new posters have arrived. I've been posting on one version of Dawgtalk/Dawgtalkers since 1999.

Now that doesn't make me any better fan than anyone else. But what I can say is this. I don't blame anyone who gives up on this team. I don't blame anyone who decides that they no longer wish to spend their free time, which should be used for enjoyment, to suffer through the agony Browns fans have had to endure. It's frickin' tough at times! Most of the time actually. So I'm not going to give you some speech about how when the going gets tough, the tough get going. That would be ridiculous. Everyone has their line in the sand. I get it.

As for myself? I'm just going to keep keeping on. It's the path I've chosen to walk and won't be stopping at any point I can envision. Much like some others on this board, I used to go to games and tailgate with many members of this board. I went to a draft party to celebrate with the Columbus crew many years ago. I went to Cleveland to meet DPG and Shep for those of you who remember them. GM and I have become very good friends over the years as well as some others. Little Brownie and I stay in touch. There was nothing like Hooper's Omelettes and a cold Colorado Coolaid at 7:00 A.M. in the Muni Lot. I'll never forget the team doing Dawgtalk Day at training camp and treating us like royalty. The parties at Nursedawgs house. Michelle and Jules. I could go on for what seems like forever. So many great people and friends I have made and memories that I will never forget. It runs much deeper than "a football team" for me. I've learned lessons and gained perspective about many things from the people I've met.

So to me that's the long and short of it. Everyone needs to do what's right for them and I get it. For me it's to continue as I have for well over 50 years now. A life long browns fan. For any of you who decide you have had enough and choose to find a different path to walk? All of the best to you and I hope you find what you are looking for.