Originally Posted by Jester
Vers, thanks for the link in the last thread to what watson is being accused of doing. Here it is for anyone interested in reading it.
I am still digging my way through it (long article) but what I have read so far pales in comparison to what roethlisberger was accused of doing.
I realize that it is a different would than when ben did his things so the punishment may be more severe.

https://www.sportingnews.com/us/nfl...ault-explained/s6wzqeubsd7s12b9h4aq6bqqz

Let me get this straight, Ben was officially suspended by Commissioner Roger Goodell who handed down the punishment of a six-game suspension a week after prosecutors decided not to charge Roethlisberger in a case involving a 20-year-old college student who accused him of sexually assaulting her in a Georgia nightclub in March. Roethlisberger also was ordered to undergo a comprehensive behavioral evaluation. Goodell will look at Roethlisberger's progress before the season and might consider reducing the suspension to four games.

Watson has been accused of sexual misconduct and sexual assault (3 of the women claim Watson forced them to have oral sex with him) that has resulted in the settlement of 53 civil claims associated with Watson's predatory nature and egregious behavior. One case has been temporarily withdrawn to protect the woman's identity and one is still an active civil suit. Ten women have also filed police complaints against Watson; eight of those 10 women are among the plaintiffs who have filed civil lawsuits. Two Grand Jury's did not bring an indictment against Watson yet only had testimony from one woman in the second GJ review. No live testimony was presented in the first.

I'm dumbfounded as to how reading that article pales in comparison to what Roethlisberger was accused of doing. Ben had one accuser of which he settled while Watson has had 53 civil suits settled associated with his actions with 1 still unsettled and 1 that still could still be refiled that we are aware of to date. If you are making that reference due to the alleged crime of rape by Roethlisberger, I suggest you look up Texas law as to the crime of sexual assault where nonconsensual oral sex is classified the same as rape under sexual assault. That said, Watsons has 3 alleged cases compared to Ben's one plus 50 additional cases of alleged sexual misconduct with his name attached.

Just an FYI
Texas crime of Sexual Assault is defined in Texas Penal Code Section 22.011(a). Subsection (a)(1) of the Sexual Assault Law deals with sexual assault of adults, where the primary issue is “consent.”
The current Texas Sexual Assault law is as follows:1

(a) A person commits an offense if:

(1) the person intentionally or knowingly:

(A) causes the penetration of the anus or sexual organ of another person by any means, without that person’s consent.

(B) causes the penetration of the mouth of another person by the sexual organ of the actor, without that person’s consent; or

(C) causes the sexual organ of another person, without that person’s consent, to contact or penetrate the mouth, anus, or sexual organ of another person, including the actor; or