Thread Like Summary
Ballpeen, GratefulDawg
Original Post (Thread Starter)
#1886515 09/24/2021 11:38 PM
by GratefulDawg
GratefulDawg
Love It! Great play today, Spieth's shot was amazing and that team lost.

Bryson's 417 yard drive.

I was lucky enough to play here 5-6 years ago. I did NOT break 100! Amazing course, better time with my Dad and Brothers. Once in a lifetime. No carts, Caddies, Sheep do the mowing on two different courses and Yes there were Brats and Beers!

Liked Replies
#1962902 Aug 15th a 04:12 AM
by Milk Man
Milk Man
j/c...

Incredible finish today in sudden death in the first leg of the FedEx Cup. Zalatoris gets his first PGA Tour win....

2 members like this
#1924910 Feb 13th a 05:52 PM
by TTTDawg
TTTDawg
If there's 1 thing I'd like to accomplish before, etc, etc....

1 member likes this
#1956787 Jul 15th a 02:44 PM
by Milk Man
Milk Man
j/c….

HV III (just a kid from Akron) had a great round on Day 2 of The Open Championship.

Tiger.

1 member likes this
#1956914 Jul 16th a 11:16 AM
by Ballpeen
Ballpeen
Originally Posted by Milk Man
j/c….

HV III (just a kid from Akron) had a great round on Day 2 of The Open Championship.

Tiger.

Even as a guy who didn't particularly root for Tiger, I sure do respect what he accomplished. A touching moment indeed. Most of us got to see the entirety of his career, from a young armature to legend in his golfing twilight. Not that he is done. I am sure we will still see a few more fireworks from the guy, though maybe not in a "major" way.

As for Harold Varner, I like the kid. Most defiantly from the Ben Hogan school of ball striking. He is beautiful to watch, just as Ben was. It gives us older guys hope to see you don't have to have a huge backswing to generate the power to push it down the fairway.
1 member likes this
#1962574 Aug 13th a 05:26 PM
by Ballpeen
Ballpeen
Originally Posted by GratefulDawg

I have watched those vids at least 1000 times, at least since I could pull them up on the net. Ben had the swing I have always strived to have, but have never had for any length of time. Over time I have learned to play pretty well with my swing flaws because I am consistent with those flaws, but that is still the swing I want.

Ben's 5 lessons book is still a bible of the swing for many.
1 member likes this