Thread Like Summary
AZBrown, Ballpeen, dawglover05, oobernoober, WSU Willie
Original Post (Thread Starter)
#1899685 11/05/2021 6:34 PM
by hitt
hitt
We, Browns fans, have read about how well respected this coaching staff is, the head coach won "Coach of the Year" in his first season, the line coach is talked and written about as a genius. AND, although the head coach warned last year isn't this year, WE, the fan's were not expecting 4-4 so far. GETTING to the point, who is accountable for all the penalties. The players play, yet the coaches are suppose to prepare them for playing. I want bone headed penalties to COST the million dollar athletes. When you stop a drive with stupidity, it should cost you in your wallet and put them on the bench....JMHO. The coaches own some of this too.....we are leading the league in penalties. Or close to it, games are lost due to it...make sure accountability is done in practice not just with lip service......GO Browns!!!!
Liked Replies
#1899864 Nov 6th a 03:37 PM
by Dave
Dave
When Baker was cheap-shotted by that turd Haden...Baker landed at the feet of Garrett and McDowell at the bench....neither one of those guys got off their butts to help and or hype. No one on the sideline got in Haden's face...as a matter of fact...one of our guys exchanged 'fives' with Haden.

We are still soft.

There's a new collegiality among NFL players now that wasn't nearly as prevalent in the old days, probably because of the money players make now. On a similar play to the one you described back in the late 70's/early 80's, Jack Lambert took a similar cheap shot on Brian Sipe at the sideline and he immediately disappeared under a sea of Browns' jerseys. Lambert came out of that pile staggering, with the ear hole of his helmet covering part of his face - a message to opponents trying to take out your QB was sent. Not the case any more. Now we have love fests on the field after the game; jersey exchanges, gold shoes gifted to oppo QBs, and losers yukking it up with the guys who just kicked their ass.
1 member likes this
#1900834 Nov 7th a 10:01 PM
by Steubenvillian
Steubenvillian
Originally Posted by hitt
Well, JMHO, we STILL haven't gotten the stupidity under control...Elliot get unsportsman? on the bench....how many penalties....GREAT\ we lead the league in penalties. Go Browns!!!

I watched that replay over a couple of times, and still can't see why he was flagged
1 member likes this
#1901006 Nov 8th a 02:21 PM
by oobernoober
oobernoober
Originally Posted by cfrs15
Originally Posted by FATE
Originally Posted by Steubenvillian
Well, JMHO, we STILL haven't gotten the stupidity under control...Elliot get unsportsman? on the bench....how many penalties....GREAT\ we lead the league in penalties. Go Browns!!!

I watched that replay over a couple of times, and still can't see why he was flagged
Especially since those are almost always offsetting penalties as a warning to both teams... unless one player does something egregious... I saw nothing at all.

Agreed. I couldn’t see anything. Maybe he said something?

I thought it was the refs making up for not throwing the flag on Clowney for the Burrow hit. As little as that makes sense, it makes more sense than anything that happened in the scrum after.
1 member likes this
#1901021 Nov 8th a 02:49 PM
by FORTBROWNFAN
FORTBROWNFAN
Originally Posted by Ballpeen
Originally Posted by FORTBROWNFAN
I'm glad we won the game.....I'm disappointed we either lead the league or are very close to number of yds given away due to penalties. McDowell leads our team with penalties....his offsides/over the line/lining up are just attention to detail. Coaches need to harp on it....on to NE.....GO Browns!!!

When this happens I wonder about the merits of having a coach placed at the LOS looking for guys line up in the neutral zone. Maybe it would clog the sidelines but if they have a coach assigned to be the get back guy, why not.

That wouldn't work inside the 30's, and really?? It isn't that hard to line up onsides.

Apparently it is tough for some of our DL.
1 member likes this
#1901185 Nov 8th a 09:48 PM
by DCDAWGFAN
DCDAWGFAN
Originally Posted by cfrs15
Originally Posted by FATE
Originally Posted by Steubenvillian

Especially since those are almost always offsetting penalties as a warning to both teams... unless one player does something egregious... I saw nothing at all.

Agreed. I couldn’t see anything. Maybe he said something?
I watched it without sound but from the replay, he didn't appear to do anything any more egregious than what 4 or 5 other guys were doing. Unless he said something..

It just struck me as odd that the whole Bengals OL charged over right up against the Browns sideline and started jawing and the Browns got the penalty.
1 member likes this
#1901520 Nov 10th a 12:29 AM
by superbowldogg
superbowldogg

we should hold the refs accountable
1 member likes this