Thread Like Summary
dawglover05, FORTBROWNFAN, oobernoober
Original Post (Thread Starter)
by FORTBROWNFAN
FORTBROWNFAN
I have a question regarding the helmet to helmet shot against DPJ at the 3 yard line yesterday. Since no flag was thrown, how did the officials know to take him out of the game following the play. Without watching the roughing replay numerous times how did the delayed roughing the passer call merit a flag when this helmet to helmet did not? Wouldn't you think if he had to leave they might have wondered about that hit?
Liked Replies
by clwb419
clwb419
Originally Posted by archbolddawg
I believe the NFL has a person or persons at each game watching for head hits, that can determine if a players needs to go to the blue tent.

So they acknowledged it was a head hit, and took the player out of the game, but chose to not call the penalty? Odd that rules worked one way for Cincy and a completely different way for us.
1 member likes this
by dawglover05
dawglover05
Originally Posted by superbowldogg
I think it should have been a defenseless receiver flag vs anything

Sadly, I'm not great on knowing the ins and outs of the rules, but that would make more sense to me vs helmet to helmet.
1 member likes this
by PrplPplEater
PrplPplEater
Originally Posted by dawglover05
The reffing was terrible yesterday (double-hold on Garrett anyone????), but I do recall the same as Peen where he hit with the shoulder.

Is it still holding if they're really just emphatically hugging Myles?

#strugglesnuggle
1 member likes this