Thread Like Summary
AZBrown, BustkeviousMingo, FATE, Hammer, Homewood Dog
Original Post (Thread Starter)
#1901532 11/10/2021 1:52 AM
by lampdogg
lampdogg
It will be interesting to see what Belichick cooks up to try to stop our O.
So much is unknown right now with the COVID issue, but even if Chubb is out D’Ernest is still capable of pounding it along the ground.

We might need to see Baker open it up a little more this week, but our identity is still smashmouth. The Steelers did a good job negating our run game, but even if it isn’t working early, keep hammering it.

On D, they don’t have much of a run game, and if we stop that early, we can pressure their QB into mistakes, especially if we continue to play good press/man. He ain’t no Tom Brady is what I’m sayin’.

Intangible: we won a game vs. Cinci when we played with our backs to the wall, to (sort of) quote our coach, and we need to keep playing desperation football.

What are you peeps thinking?
Liked Replies
#1902038 Nov 12th a 12:49 AM
by Pdawg
Pdawg
2 members like this
#1901622 Nov 10th a 03:25 PM
by clwb419
clwb419
Defensively, I think the gameplan would be similar to the one we had against Chicago. Lets see how the rookie can handle intense pressure. If it doesn't work, then adjust. As much as I've complained about Woods this year, he's made some good halftime adjustments. I feel confident in our CBs ability to cover well, which counters (to a point) Jones' strength - his accuracy. If he has smaller windows to throw into and he's getting pressured he makes mistakes. I expect a lot of short passes with 3 step drops from Jones. I'm not overly concerned with their run game, but have enough talent to hurt us.

Offensively - well the Pats are second best in the league with respect to passer rating and middle of the league in rushing. I think they focus on stopping D'Ernest and put the game onto Baker's shoulders to beat them. Play action and our TEs will likely be important early. I also think we need to go deep early so they don't stack the box. I do expect Jarvis to have a big game in number of catches. I'd expect we'll see some end arounds and jet sweeps as well if they're keeping D'Ernest in check.

It'll be an interesting game.
1 member likes this
#1901891 Nov 11th a 03:34 PM
by bonefish
bonefish
Woods for the first time really made the blitz a big part of the D game plan last week.

It paid off.

This is a rookie quarterback who has limited mobility. BB will be all over Myles. He will not let Myles beat him.

JOK if playing could tilt this game. It is one thing pre-snap to bring Hill down into the box. That can be read.

JOK coming from OLB position can shoot gaps off Myles double team.

We have to bring pressure. It could lead to tunovers.
=======================================================================

On offense we need Chubb. I hope he can play.

d'Earnest can run but it is not the same.

I expect to see more of the same from Baker and the receivers. Spread it around with use of the TE on 13 set. It can look like heavy run set that we can pass off on.

We have the personnel to win this game. But like most games. It means execution. No penalty's.
Win the turnover game.
1 member likes this
#1901569 Nov 10th a 12:17 PM
by CapCity Dawg
CapCity Dawg
Originally Posted by lampdogg
It will be interesting to see what Belichick cooks up to try to stop our O.

Apparently he was in a Wuhan lab a couple of years ago cooking up a plan to stop Chubb this weekend.
1 member likes this
#1902136 Nov 12th a 10:22 AM
by Dawgs4Life
Dawgs4Life
The amoeba defense
1 member likes this