Thread Like Summary
AZBrown, FATE
Original Post (Thread Starter)
#1903527 11/16/2021 1:33 PM
by eotab
eotab
Normally I stay away cause of others losing their cool about a game...this time it was me that lost it Oh man was I angry,

Not trying to say its time for a reboot. But I'm sorry we looked so unprepared except for maybe the beginning scripted plays and Garrett was right I didn't see any adjustments what so ever not even half time...I was still shocked to hear it coming from a player that is the disturbing part of the game thinking it is one thing finding out its actually true is another and disappointing. Nobody played as a team that too was disturbing. The OL still remained a unit in their run blocking but their pass blocking was not on the same level. Chase was hurting us but again we didn't make an adjustment.

Landry has quit on us. Normally he will fight for every inch out there - this game he ran his route caught the ball and just laid down. There was no fight in him. DPjones was the only WR that came to play. Njoku I guess thought he was part of the cool crowd led by OBJ and Landry...cause he didn't show much team effort either it was hey if the ball is hitting me right in the numbers I'm not putting an effort into it. No jumping high to get passes when he is the only TE we have with some Hops...maybe Harrison but my goodness how does he hold onto the ball with those tiny hands. The defense had some good individual effort but no unity with a team playing as one - it was game 10 the D should be in total gelling mode Ward was another that looked like he quit on the team. Did the coaches make this a Baker vs OBJ thing? Cause sadly it looked like a black white thing. Hey I said it but this is what I SAW!!! I don't think there is any factions of hate...no racial background in this but just it looked like certain factions quit. Some both black and white I think were disappointed with the coaches just the ones who quit on the team lined up with OBJ and hate to say this Landry, he was the guy who surprised me the most. Oh all the Baker haters were see I told you so...Rex Ryan being the worse. Sorry I lost all respect for him in ruining the career of Mark Sanchez. Baker played poorly but I thought they could adjust and make some 3 step drop routes for quick releases and rely on YAC you know how the Pats stifled our pass rush by getting rid of the ball quickly. But lets just say outside of the running attack our Offense looked awful from Baker on down from our route construction it was like we were HS coaches using a HS play book and they were in an advanced NFL playbook. Our first drive was promising and that is all it wrote. defense we would stop the run attack for the most part but could not make a 3rd down play what so ever. They took Garrett out of the game and the only time he wasn't chipped was when they wanted him to penetrate so they can use the C gap in screens and runs.

We better snap out of this and fast it cannot build and we have the coaches lose our players cause one of two things will happen...a massive move out of players those who have quit on the team or another reboot with the coaching staff.

We have a game that we should win coming up but in the NFL any team can win if you let them play harder and take over the LOS!

Only good thing I saw this week was the RAMS getting wooped by a bottom feeder with OBJ introducing himself on his 2nd target stopping on his post route only to have the safety INT the pass and it was all downhill for the RAMs from there. The announcers said oh that was a lack of knowing each other...no that is what OBJ does if hes not going to be wide open he will stop his route and usually do something else that makes him look wide open so his dad can film it...lol well you guy got him. We got to clean the stench he left behind and become a team again. Time for Chubb to step up hopefully he will catch on to others11

Anyways What did you all see??? Me I might have to go back to the hospital I don't want to but it might be no choice in the matter. see you all ???
Liked Replies
#1903543 Nov 16th a 02:56 PM
by BADdog
BADdog
Originally Posted by eotab
I didn't see any adjustments what so ever not even half time
I saw adjustment by Belichick after our first drive. rolleyes
1 member likes this
#1903837 Nov 17th a 08:00 PM
by PrplPplEater
PrplPplEater
What I saw: I didn't see much worth mentioning except that I saw Baker routinely throw balls to spots he should not have been throwing to. He is VERY good at putting a ball accurately over a defender and on the WR's outside shoulder on outside throws, yet, for some reason, on Sunday he had several throws short of the WR while the CB had inside trailing coverage which put the CB in better position to make a catch than the targeted WR. This was his one INT and at least one other Almost INT. It wouldn't have been remarkable except that he almost never is so near-perfectly off the mark on those throws, especially more than once. I don't know what the deal was, but it was definitely there. I tried to figure out if I was only seeing it while they were going the one direction down the field, like perhaps a headwind was slowing the ball, but I wasn't able to figure that out.

As has been stated elsewhere, it's like they were always one step ahead of us. Everything we tried, they were right there. Either they had us THAT figured out, or this is just another case of Belichick getting "extra practice footage" again. We've all heard those post-game quotes in the past where players say things like "they knew what we were running before we did", etc... well, this felt like one of those games.

Right tackle is a problem. Hance is playing valiantly, but he's just not a viable solution out there. Heck, even Callahan says it

I saw something in this thread or another that said that #97 is "marked"... double team him and run through that gap. That's Malik Jackson. He's listed at only 285 lbs - as a DT. I don't know if he is who is responsible for all of the runs up the middle on us, but there have certainly been a ton; this bears watching. Maybe the counter is to just constantly run-blitz #97 and have a LB over whichever gap he doesn't fire through? Either way, Woods needs to find a fix. His job is to look back on how he has been attacked and think forward on how he may be attacked, and to have effective counter-punches to all of it. I don't feel confidence that he is putting that much into it.

Myles, Stanton, and others like to sit down and play D&D. I feel like Woods, Van Pelt, and Woods should be sitting down and board-gaming our schemes.... Woods picks a scheme/package to start with, Ski gives his counter.... Woods then has to counter that, and so on.... but, they all have to do it within the context of a real game (packages are personnel). Perhaps this level of impromptu gaming will help them find where the weaknesses are in this "Big Nickle" or whatever it is that Woods dreams of running. If it can't be stout against the run AND the pass without having to completely change it up, it should NOT be our base.
1 member likes this