Thread Like Summary
mgh888
Original Post (Thread Starter)
#1934603 03/23/2022 3:20 AM
by lampdogg
lampdogg
I’m getting tired of reading about Watson, Baker, the trade, etc.

I wanna talk about D, or as I usually do, “listen” to others talk on DT. :;
So can we talk defence for a bit?

We need to make our DL stronger, which is something we can do in the draft. Getting Clowney back would be very nice, indeed, but we’d still have to upgrade the interior.

We’re good, very good actually, in the backend. Proven safeties, and our corners are very good. Newsome can only get better, Greedy is at least solid, we don’t HAVE to sign Ward so he’s part of our plans obviously. Delpit hopefully will trend further upward in his second season playing after the Achilles.

We have what seems to be a solid linebacker corps, and I am truly excited about what JOK will look like in his sophomore season. He could be our Ray-Ray type of impactful player.

Our D got better as the season went in. Put a Top 5 D with what we expect to be an explosive offence, and who know how far we go?

Thoughts on our defence?
Liked Replies
#1934630 Mar 23rd a 12:34 PM
by Dawgs4Life
Dawgs4Life
I just said in another thread, the DL is a huge issue. We must get Clowney back and get another rotational guy. Not to mention the DT spots. Those were horrible last year.
1 member likes this
#1934611 Mar 23rd a 10:13 AM
by Jester
Jester
Right now we need to acquire a starting caliber DE (perhaps that will be clowney), a starting caliber DT. A 2nd DT, starting caliber would be nice but at minimum a strong rotational guy. What we are expecting from Taven Bryan? We need another safety, ideally a ball hawking center field type rather than an in the both guy. I think both JJ3 and Delpit can play that role but do not think that ios where they thrive at the most.
1 member likes this