Thread Like Summary
AZBrown, GMdawg, PitDAWG, tastybrownies
Original Post (Thread Starter)
#1934929 03/24/2022 3:32 PM
by bonefish
bonefish
The site has gotten to the point where little information is provided.

No articles that get into insight or objectivity.

Zero fan interaction. Whatever is there is late and contrived.

At minimum have a few writers that can right about football with some level of sophistication.

Maybe add some instructive information for fans that want to learn more about X's and O's.

Provide some coaches tape that go over play breakdowns like "Baldy's breakdowns."

Overall it needs to be better and more informative.

Liked Replies
#1935038 Mar 24th a 07:38 PM
by Milk Man
Milk Man
I don't think I've been on the Browns official website since Zac Jackson used to write for them and they would post weekly polls asking fans to vote on the likely outcome against the upcoming opponent.

The polls would typically read something like this:

1) Couch throws for 5 TDs, Browns roll
2) James Jackson scampers for 3 TDs, Browns win
3) Phil Dawson drills last second FG to win
4) Steelers eek out victory on questionable call
2 members like this
#1934996 Mar 24th a 05:43 PM
by Ballpeen
Ballpeen
Originally Posted by PitDAWG
I think Bull Dawg hit the nail on the head. You might wish to consider that the Cleveland Browns also used to host a message board. With the team doing so poorly at the time, a lot of the posts were negative about the team. As such they stopped hosting a message board. When a corporation spends money it is to support and further their product. That is not a conducive environment for getting non bias information.

Right, and one shouldn't expect that. They aren't a independent news source. They are fine with player bio info, draft recaps, game summary, ticket info, etc.
1 member likes this
#1935402 Mar 25th a 08:46 PM
by Dawgs4Life
Dawgs4Life
Lol remember when the original message board was on their website? They did give us huge perks on Dawg Talkers Day
1 member likes this
#1935914 Mar 28th a 03:49 PM
by PrplPplEater
PrplPplEater
Originally Posted by Dawgs4Life
Lol remember when the original message board was on their website? They did give us huge perks on Dawg Talkers Day

Definitely remember, but this was before the league decided that they needed to homogenize all of the team sites. When that happened, the official boards went away everywhere (as best I know... I don't believe any team still maintains a message board) and all team sites became "cookie cutter" sites where only colors and logos differ; same as game day experiences and stadium decorations.
1 member likes this