Thread Like Summary
Ballpeen, Jester, PastorMarc
Original Post (Thread Starter)
#1940818 04/27/2022 11:31 AM
by Versatile Dog
Versatile Dog
I did not watch college football this year in terms of scouting potential picks for the Browns, but there were a few guys that jumped off the screen when i viewed the games. One of those guys is David Ojabo, the Edge defender from that TUN. I always have thought highly of quick-twitch guys and I love Edge rushers who are explosive out of their stance. Ojabo has both and he is really fast. Nice length, but a bit too light in the pants. He hasn't been playing football all that long and is still developing. He plays w/good bend and is the master of the strip sack. He is effective from the 3-point stance as well as standing up. He does need to get better against the run. He tore his achilles at his Pro Day and this will probably cause him to drop in the draft. I think he has the highest ceiling of any Edge defender in this entire draft. Well, I haven't watched them all. For example, I didn't watch any Florida State games. I just was astounded by Ojabo's explosion coming off the ball and his bend. He can really get around blockers and destroys the pocket. I'll follow up w/a player profile report if anyone wants to read it.
Liked Replies
#1940839 Apr 27th a 02:13 PM
by FL_Dawg
FL_Dawg
Most years this would seem like a good idea, but this year there's going to be healthy, talented edge rushers avalible ... It would be hard for me to passover one of them for Ojabo ... and we do not even know if he will have the same explosion after the injury as before ... so as tempting as it sounds ... I would have to look at another edge prospect over him, but it would be hard to fault us if we did draft Ojabo.
1 member likes this
#1940906 Apr 27th a 08:22 PM
by Versatile Dog
Versatile Dog
I am not sure if you guys have actually researched this??? He isn't even expected to be there at 44. I am not really saying we should draft him. What I am saying is that in the years to come, folks will be discussing why teams passed him. Kinda like Aaron Darnold. Btw-------Jameson Williams is another guy who got hurt late and will still be drafted in the first round. Once again, I feel that you draft for the long term rather than the short term. Btw----I am not arguing w/you guys. Just explaining my position.
1 member likes this
#1940951 Apr 27th a 11:40 PM
by PrplPplEater
PrplPplEater
Oh, I saw that he's being talked about very highly, but I just don't get why. I think most of it is probably manufactured hype. An undersized, injured DE with only one good year under his belt is definitely a crapshoot, no matter who says he should get drafted highly.
1 member likes this