Thread Like Summary
FATE, FORTBROWNFAN, Versatile Dog
Original Post (Thread Starter)
by mac
mac
Today June 6th (1944) marks 78 years since an estimated 160k Allied troops landed on 50 miles of Normandy beaches...a day to remember. Below I've posted a YouTube video that recounts this historic military battle.

A look back: June 6, 1944 — The Allies storm Normandy

Jun 6, 01:03 AM
By Ben Murray
link

The sights, sounds and images of the Allies’ invasion of France to stop the Nazi war machine are still evocative today. On the 78th anniversary of D-Day, we take a look back.

Liked Replies
by PitDAWG
PitDAWG
A date we should all remember. A time in history everyone should study closely. For those who fail learn from history are are doomed to repeat it. So many made the ultimate sacrifice to defend our nation and its freedom for all that we should never forget.
2 members like this
by DeisleDawg
DeisleDawg
Imagine being 18, 19 ,20 plus years old and being in a boat that when the doors drop your life will probably end.

I'll end my feelings on society now !

Thank you young men for being brave !
1 member likes this
by jaybird
jaybird
Originally Posted by DeisleDawg
Imagine being 18, 19 ,20 plus years old and being in a boat that when the doors drop your life will probably end.

I'll end my feelings on society now !

Thank you young men for being brave !

Imagine one of those 18,19,20 year olds being alive today and looking at 18,19,20 year olds who need a cry room and safe space because of a tweet...

Glad bless the troops who fought that day...
1 member likes this