Thread Like Summary
mgh888
Original Post (Thread Starter)
by PitDAWG
PitDAWG
I golfed a little as a teenager but never really any after that so I'm not connected to the sport nor do I really follow it. All I see are the headlines in the news and who won tournaments. But there is a lot of buzz about the new LIV golfing league and how it's the Saudi's basically trying to buy the game of golf. I have no idea how accurate that is or what the average golfer thinks about the situation. And quite frankly I'm rather surprised that with as many golfers as there are on this board there hasn't been a thread regarding the situation before now.

It seems as though it has created a lot of chaos and even that the PGA has been suspending golfers for playing in the LIV. So I was curious about the opinions and thoughts from golfers who post on the board.
Liked Replies
by lampdogg
lampdogg
I think they should be able to play wherever they want.

I would never do business with Saudi Arabia, though, let alone visit that stone-age hellhole.

The PGA Tour is tradition, but if others play the new tour that’s their prerogative, but I don’t blame the PGA Tour for banning them, either.

I was very disappointed in Dustin Johnson, his defection bothers me the most. I’ve always thought Mickelson was phoney and certainly greedy (whining about how much state tax he has to pay in California), so good riddance to Tiger’s punching bag. I also won’t miss Bryson.
1 member likes this