DawgTalkers.net
Posted By: bonefish Urban - 10/05/21 04:19 PM

I don't follow college football.

Well I will watch some if there is someone I want to see. I look at college tape to evaluate players who will enter the draft.

So, I didn't follow Urban Meyer's college career. I knew he won some titles.

Now I see this guy in the pros. So far not impressed.

He brought in Tebow??? Why? What was he doing? Does not seem to be a move that the players would support.

Now with this whole bar scene episode?

His wife said she knew. And, it is ok to blow off some steam after a tough loss. Really? I don't think so.

Now players have come out and said he has zero credibility.

This is not going well in Jacksonville.

This guy will not finish the season.

You don't go to a bar after losing and play patty cake with girls. Then cancel a team meeting to handle the blowback.

I have never been a fan of college coaches going straight into the NFL. History has been unkind.

Urban maybe needs to go back to school. The NFL is not made for him.
Posted By: cfrs15 Re: Urban - 10/05/21 04:24 PM
He didn’t even go back to Florida with the team after they lost to the Bengals. He stayed in Ohio. Urban Meyer being a disaster was totally predictable and completely hilarious.

Also, his wife knew he had his fingers up a lady’s booty hole?
Posted By: dawglover05 Re: Urban - 10/05/21 04:46 PM
I missed that part. I saw the girl grinding on him, but I didn't watch the clip that closely.
Posted By: Dawgs4Life Re: Urban - 10/05/21 05:00 PM
This was pretty predictable IMO. It’s not college with kids and being a dictator
Posted By: cfrs15 Re: Urban - 10/05/21 05:01 PM
Are we allowed to post the video on here?
Posted By: FloridaFan Re: Urban - 10/05/21 05:04 PM
I never saw how he could be an NFL coach, his whole game plan was based on a running QB, even more so, a running back QB. Taysom Hill would be perfect for Meyers, but we've seen that model doesn't work long in the NFL.
Posted By: MemphisBrownie Re: Urban - 10/05/21 05:12 PM
Originally Posted By: cfrs15

Better to ask for forgiveness than permission in this case. brownie
Posted By: PitDAWG Re: Urban - 10/05/21 05:16 PM
j/c

Jacksonville Jaguars owner reprimands Urban Meyer for 'inexcusable' behavior

JACKSONVILLE, Fla. (AP) — Jacksonville Jaguars owner Shad Khan publicly reprimanded Urban Meyer on Tuesday for the coach's "inexcusable" behavior at an Ohio bar over the weekend.

Khan released a statement condemning Meyer's actions, which were captured on video and released on social media. One shows a young woman dancing close to Meyer's lap as he sits on a bar stool, a clip that quickly went viral. A second, more damning video appears to show Meyer touching the woman's behind.

"I have addressed this matter with Urban. Specifics of our conversation will be held in confidence. What I will say is his conduct last weekend was inexcusable," Khan said. "I appreciate Urban's remorse, which I believe is sincere. Now, he must regain our trust and respect. That will require a personal commitment from Urban to everyone who supports, represents or plays for our team. I am confident he will deliver."

Meyer apologized Monday to his family, team and Khan. He called a team meeting and vowed to "own it," the motto he uses daily and has plastered all around the Jaguars facility.

"Just stupid," Meyer said. "Should not have put myself in that kind of position."

Meyer didn't fly back with his winless team following Jacksonville's 24-21 loss at Cincinnati on Thursday night, a highly unusual move for any coach. Instead, he remained in his home state of Ohio to see family members and went to dinner Friday at his restaurant/bar in Columbus, Urban Meyer's Pint House.

"There was a big group next to our restaurant and they wanted me to come over and take pictures, and I did," Meyer said. "They were trying to pull me out on the dance floor, screwing around, and I should have left."

The first video shows a young blond woman dancing between the 57-year-old Meyer's legs as he was sitting on a bar stool. The second, taken from a different angle, shows Meyer's right hand on or near her bottom.

The Jaguars (0-4) have lost 19 consecutive games, seven shy of tying the NFL record set by Tampa Bay in 1977. Meyer insists they have shown dramatic improvements since Week 1.

Meyer said he's concerned the videos could have long-term ramifications with players he has asked to buy into his makeover.

"I have a very good relationship with our players," Meyer said. "I've dealt with this, not on the other side but with staff members and with other things, and I've dealt with it. So to say I'm concerned, yeah, I am concerned. But I just got to do right."

https://dayton247now.com/sports/content/...sOKEwiJ268Hd9s8

tsktsk
Posted By: Dawgs4Life Re: Urban - 10/05/21 05:16 PM
Translation: we couldnt fire him for cause
Posted By: THROW LONG Re: Urban - 10/05/21 05:18 PM
"0-4"

" And He's doing it with a first year Head coach?. And he's doing it with a Rookie Quarterback?. And he's doing it with no Talent to speak of past 11 players if that?."

" And the Coach referenced in a soundbite how well they'd stopped the run in the preseason, and that that boded well."

Locals said he'd probably never watched a pre-season NFL game in 30 years to not know what they were. You or I know nobody's trying or showing what they really do in pre-season except if trying to make a team, and No coach is showing their cards in preseason.

He got drunk and got taken advantage of. It happens to a lot of folks. Not too informed on the situations details.
(Florida Man, strikes again. Florida Woman, picks up the spare.)
Posted By: cfrs15 Re: Urban - 10/05/21 05:21 PM
I hate when I get drunk and put my fingers up the booty hole of a woman who is not my wife when I am skipping out on the NFL team that I am the head coach of.
Posted By: THROW LONG Re: Urban - 10/05/21 05:26 PM
Originally Posted By: FloridaFan
I never saw how he could be an NFL coach, his whole game plan was based on a running QB, even more so, a running back QB. Taysom Hill would be perfect for Meyers, but we've seen that model doesn't work long in the NFL.

It does not appear his whole game plan was based on a running quarterback. If anything his Offense appears too pass heavy.
Posted By: MemphisBrownie Re: Urban - 10/05/21 05:26 PM
I hate when I get drunk and out my fingers up the booty hole of a woman who is not my wife when I am skipping out on the NFL team that I am the head coach of.

First, there was Coach BootySkins. Now, we have Coach BootyHole.
Posted By: Milk Man Re: Urban - 10/05/21 05:29 PM
Originally Posted By: dawglover05
I missed that part. I saw the girl grinding on him, but I didn't watch the clip that closely.

You gotta see the alternate angle. He's getting after that butthole!

As cfrs said, this was a predictable disaster.

Stepping away for health issues coming soon.
Posted By: Milk Man Re: Urban - 10/05/21 05:32 PM

It's just rubbing on some denim!

<cringe emoji>
Posted By: cfrs15 Re: Urban - 10/05/21 05:33 PM
This has the potential to be my favorite thread of all time.
Posted By: Milk Man Re: Urban - 10/05/21 05:35 PM
Posted By: MemphisBrownie Re: Urban - 10/05/21 05:39 PM
Posted By: cfrs15 Re: Urban - 10/05/21 05:43 PM
Posted By: Milk Man Re: Urban - 10/05/21 05:45 PM
Yikes.

Michael Silver
@MikeSilver
THREAD 1) The Urban Meyer situation in Jacksonville has reached a crisis point, especially in the locker room. One player told me, 'He has zero credibility in that stadium. He had very little to begin with.'

2) Players were particularly put off by the fact that Meyer canceled Monday's team meeting, as he dealt with the uproar over the videos of him and a young woman getting cozy in that Ohio bar. 'He even canceled the team meeting. He was too scared,' a player said.

3) Instead Meyer 'only apologized to position groups individually.' He portrayed the woman in the videos as a random person who was 'just there dancing.' Suffice it to say, his audience was highly skeptical.

4) Said one player: 'We looked at him like, WTF? Right when he left everyone started dying laughing. And he knew it.'

5 Bottom line, said the player: 'It's bad. I don't know how he's gonna function.'

https://twitter.com/MikeSilver/status/1445403401660084243
Posted By: MemphisBrownie Re: Urban - 10/05/21 05:47 PM
Originally Posted By: Milk Man
Yikes.

Michael Silver
@MikeSilver
THREAD 1) The Urban Meyer situation in Jacksonville has reached a crisis point, especially in the locker room. One player told me, 'He has zero credibility in that stadium. He had very little to begin with.'

2) Players were particularly put off by the fact that Meyer canceled Monday's team meeting, as he dealt with the uproar over the videos of him and a young woman getting cozy in that Ohio bar. 'He even canceled the team meeting. He was too scared,' a player said.

3) Instead Meyer 'only apologized to position groups individually.' He portrayed the woman in the videos as a random person who was 'just there dancing.' Suffice it to say, his audience was highly skeptical.

4) Said one player: 'We looked at him like, WTF? Right when he left everyone started dying laughing. And he knew it.'

5 Bottom line, said the player: 'It's bad. I don't know how he's gonna function.'

Silver will do anything to help Coach BootySkins get an opportunity to be hired again. tongue
Posted By: THROW LONG Re: Urban - 10/05/21 05:47 PM
Who would want to go back to Jacksonville anyway, that town is boring.
Posted By: PitDAWG Re: Urban - 10/05/21 05:49 PM
Boring is a matter of perspective. What city would you be comparing Jacksonville to in order to reach that conclusion?
Posted By: cfrs15 Re: Urban - 10/05/21 05:53 PM
I love how it went from “he was taken advantage of” to “the city where he chose to live and be employed is boring”.

After this new revelation about Urban I’m surprised he didn’t take the Browns job.
Posted By: Damanshot Re: Urban - 10/05/21 05:57 PM
We could have predicted his record thus far.. Getting getting the QB of his dreams and virtually nothing else of note will get you that almost every time. But the bar incident, now that's something I just didn't see coming. I honestly gave him way more credit that he deserves....
Posted By: THROW LONG Re: Urban - 10/05/21 06:00 PM
NO it's not one statement that changes from one thing to another. They are two separate statements I stand by both.
Posted By: MemphisBrownie Re: Urban - 10/05/21 06:05 PM
j/c:

Posted By: Swish Re: Urban - 10/05/21 06:11 PM
dude is gonna bolt back to college just like Nick Saban did.
Posted By: jfanent Re: Urban - 10/05/21 06:18 PM
Who said he has trouble playing from behind?
Posted By: Dawgs4Life Re: Urban - 10/05/21 06:19 PM
Originally Posted By: MemphisBrownie
I hate when I get drunk and out my fingers up the booty hole of a woman who is not my wife when I am skipping out on the NFL team that I am the head coach of.

maybe he’s really Coach B willynilly
Posted By: Milk Man Re: Urban - 10/05/21 06:20 PM
j/c...

Posted By: dawglover05 Re: Urban - 10/05/21 06:24 PM

It has potential, but I don't think it'll beat the Shurmur transcript thread.
Posted By: dawglover05 Re: Urban - 10/05/21 06:26 PM
Yikes.

Michael Silver
@MikeSilver

Silver will do anything to help Coach BootySkins get an opportunity to be hired again. tongue

Replacing Meyer with Jackson would be insanely idiotic.

So yeah, the Jags will probably do that.
Posted By: dawglover05 Re: Urban - 10/05/21 06:28 PM
Originally Posted By: Dawgs4Life

maybe he’s really Coach B willynilly

You won the thread.
Posted By: PortlandDawg Re: Urban - 10/05/21 07:01 PM
Only addressing the Tebow thing. I honestly think it was a play to keep the press and pressure off of Lawrence. He became a footnote of the off-season. The #1 QB taken in the draft was really not discussed almost all off-season because of Tebow.
There’s no one with a brain that honestly thought he’d make the team.

It was a pressure relief valve signing. It worked perfectly.

The rest of the issues are separate from this particular example of what might be wrong in Jacksonville.
Posted By: cfrs15 Re: Urban - 10/05/21 07:05 PM
What has Urban done to make you think he has that kind of foresight? Also, he turned the Lawrence situation into a circus by not naming him the starter and limiting his first team reps in camp.
Posted By: archbolddawg Re: Urban - 10/05/21 07:05 PM
What a stain on his reputation.

First, as the head coach, I would never miss the team flight back after a game, especially a loss, yet another loss.

He originally stated something about wanting to stay back to see his grandkids I believe. Well, they weren't where he was. (and yes, perhaps he did see them earlier?)

I can only imagine the hot water he is in with his wife, and kid/s.

Just a terrible look all around, from all aspects. Dude had to know, with his reputation, phones would be on him, if for no other reason than for Joe/Jane Doe to say "look, I saw Urban Meyer......"
Posted By: Iluvmyxstripper Re: Urban - 10/05/21 07:09 PM
Ever since Urban came onboard
The Jags have really been a trainwreck.
Off memory didnt a high ranking
Front office guy and the strength
Coach leave the team...or one was fired?

Then the Tebow thing was really sad
In the fact that it was a favor
It wasnt about making the team better

Now you get outcoached by a coach
That had 6 wins in 2 previous seasons

Your 0 and 4...how does he respond.?

Hes not fit to lead a NFL team
By acting like Rodney Dangerfield
From Back to School.
Posted By: PitDAWG Re: Urban - 10/05/21 07:38 PM
It's odd how people consider a mans reputation depending on the job they have.
Posted By: Dave Re: Urban - 10/05/21 08:28 PM
I just heard Ross Tucker on 92.3 The Fan. He asked Bull and Fox "Did you see the reverse angle of the coed and Urban? It looked like he was going for 2."

Ouch.
Posted By: archbolddawg Re: Urban - 10/05/21 08:32 PM
Yup. I know what you're hinting at, no doubt.

Notice I never said it affected his ability to coach.
Posted By: Damanshot Re: Urban - 10/05/21 09:34 PM
Originally Posted By: Swish

That would be my guess,, how long did it take Saban... like 2 years?
Posted By: Dawgs4Life Re: Urban - 10/05/21 09:53 PM
Originally Posted By: Dave
I just heard Ross Tucker on 92.3 The Fan. He asked Bull and Fox "Did you see the reverse angle of the coed and Urban? It looked like he was going for 2."

Ouch.
tongue
Posted By: jaybird Re: Urban - 10/06/21 01:52 AM
Originally Posted By: Damanshot

That would be my guess,, how long did it take Saban... like 2 years?

I was expecting him to last two years... not sure he finishes the season at this point... should have stayed in TV....
Posted By: TrooperDawg Re: Urban - 10/06/21 01:58 AM
I find it hard to believe a college would take a chance on him now.
Posted By: cfrs15 Re: Urban - 10/06/21 01:59 AM
Originally Posted By: TrooperDawg

Isn't this type of behavior encouraged in college?
Posted By: jfanent Re: Urban - 10/06/21 02:21 AM

Michigan would take him yesterday.
Posted By: jaybird Re: Urban - 10/06/21 02:24 AM
Originally Posted By: jfanent

Several programs would.... he was 187-32 with 3 NCAA championships with two different schools.... he could coach almost anywhere in college IMO....
Posted By: THROW LONG Re: Urban - 10/06/21 03:21 AM
I thought Urban had health issues.
Posted By: cle23 Re: Urban - 10/06/21 03:27 AM

He is an excellent coach, but he also bails at the first sign of trouble. He's left 2 programs now for "health" reasons only to go back to coaching pretty quickly afterwards. And he has had ethics problems everywhere he has been.
Posted By: Dawgs4Life Re: Urban - 10/06/21 09:39 AM
Colleges who are in desperation to get back to glory would take him in a heartbeat IMO
Posted By: Ballpeen Re: Urban - 10/06/21 09:49 AM

It won't be quite the same deal.
Posted By: The Collector Re: Urban - 10/06/21 09:51 AM
Sir Yacht is a pretty funny comedian... did a take on meyer to the tune of "Wasn't Me"... thought it was funny

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3MPQ7zhDhfw

That said I really like Acho's take here...

Posted By: Ballpeen Re: Urban - 10/06/21 09:54 AM

It has potential, but I don't think it'll beat the Shurmur transcript thread.

I liked all the reviews on the Mo Carthon threads. We have had some bad coaches, but Carthon was just plain stupid. Jim O'Neil being a close 2nd. If you didn't break it out three decimal points it was a tie.
Posted By: Ballpeen Re: Urban - 10/06/21 09:57 AM
Originally Posted By: jaybird

Several programs would.... he was 187-32 with 3 NCAA championships with two different schools.... he could coach almost anywhere in college IMO....

He could find a job, but I don't think it would be to a traditional power. Probably a school on the bubble trying to get in....maybe one of the new big 12 schools.
Posted By: bonefish Re: Urban - 10/06/21 11:30 AM

Two guys who love to hear themselves talk.

You don't do what Urban did. Period.

You are 0-4. You are a new head coach in the NFL.

You are trying to build a winner. Your bar is no longer your job.

You are the leader of a team. You ride with the team. You never stop being the leader of the team. You are there to set an example for your players to follow.

If I am the owner. I am now looking for alternatives. Where do I go if I fire this dude?

I give the guy four games. If I do not see what I am looking for in a head coach. I have a replacement in mind. He is gone.
Posted By: jfanent Re: Urban - 10/06/21 11:37 AM
Originally Posted By: cle23

He is an excellent coach, but he also bails at the first sign of trouble. He's left 2 programs now for "health" reasons only to go back to coaching pretty quickly afterwards. And he has had ethics problems everywhere he has been.

None of which trumps michigan's desperation to win aginst the OSU.
Posted By: Southwestdawg Re: Urban - 10/06/21 11:55 AM
Originally Posted By: PitDAWG
Boring is a matter of perspective. What city would you be comparing Jacksonville to in order to reach that conclusion?

Maybe he should try living in Alamogordo, NM. Jacksonville would be a urban Mecca compared to that city.
Posted By: cle23 Re: Urban - 10/06/21 12:32 PM

That's an amazing, completely made up opinion. Michigan obviously wants, and needs, to beat OSU. But there is zero evidence that they would hire a POS like Meyer.

Again, he has been a top 5 college coach when coaching, but he has been plagued by ethics problems and numerous controversies.
Posted By: oobernoober Re: Urban - 10/06/21 01:51 PM
Acho had me until he went into his "he's not a college coach anymore, he coaches adults" thing. I think what (allegedly) heard from inside his locker room about him not having any credibility anymore kinda handles what Acho is trying to argue there.
And then he totally lost me when he tried to argue it was more about his record, and that nobody would care about this if they were 4-0. Yeah, I don't buy 1 iota of that. That whole line of thinking of "the spotlight is on him because he's losing and that's why we're hearing about this" is tired on its own, and especially so when you have a coach trying to drill for oil with his finger.
Posted By: Ballpeen Re: Urban - 10/06/21 01:59 PM
Originally Posted By: oobernoober
Acho had me until he went into his "he's not a college coach anymore, he coaches adults" thing. I think what (allegedly) heard from inside his locker room about him not having any credibility anymore kinda handles what Acho is trying to argue there.
And then he totally lost me when he tried to argue it was more about his record, and that nobody would care about this if they were 4-0. Yeah, I don't buy 1 iota of that. That whole line of thinking of "the spotlight is on him because he's losing and that's why we're hearing about this" is tired on its own, and especially so when you have a coach trying to drill for oil with his finger.

No doubt Urban has a history of flying the coop because things aren't going his way as happened in Florida or leaving OSU more or less because he felt burned out or some such thing.

I say this as a person who liked Urban, and basically still do, though not flying back with the team after that loss was a punk move all the way. That isn't leading a team.

The guy has his quirks, for sure.
Posted By: PitDAWG Re: Urban - 10/06/21 03:58 PM

That's an amazing, completely made up opinion. Michigan obviously wants, and needs, to beat OSU. But there is zero evidence that they would hire a POS like Meyer.

Again, he has been a top 5 college coach when coaching, but he has been plagued by ethics problems and numerous controversies.

Don't fool yourself. Meyer has shown the ability to not only beat his rivals, but to win his conference championships and national titles. Don't pretend for a moment that Michigan wouldn't do all they could to get Meyer if he were on the market. Even knowing he may only be there for a few years the risk reward factor says they would get him if they could.
Posted By: PitDAWG Re: Urban - 10/06/21 04:00 PM
Originally Posted By: oobernoober
That whole line of thinking of "the spotlight is on him because he's losing and that's why we're hearing about this" is tired on its own, and especially so when you have a coach trying to drill for oil with his finger.

It must have been that tar oil I've heard so much about.
Posted By: PrplPplEater Re: Urban - 10/06/21 04:01 PM
*ichigan would totally hire him, but I don't think he'd go to *ichigan because I don't think he'd risk his reputation and status in Columbus for that. I think he likes his Deity status there, and if he went to *ichigan, all of that would be flushed in a heartbeat. He'd be the biggest Judas the OSU faithful have ever seen.
Posted By: PitDAWG Re: Urban - 10/06/21 04:36 PM
I agree that I don't think he would take the job.
Posted By: cle23 Re: Urban - 10/06/21 04:47 PM

Don't fool yourself. Meyer has shown the ability to not only beat his rivals, but to win his conference championships and national titles. Don't pretend for a moment that Michigan wouldn't do all they could to get Meyer if he were on the market. Even knowing he may only be there for a few years the risk reward factor says they would get him if they could.

That is 100% opinion. Meyer is proving to be a garbage person. Just because OSU did it knowing his background does not mean that every college program would do the same. Especially when he has had major scandals at his last 2 major programs, and now has been out of the college game for a few years.

Like I said, he is a top coach, but that doesn't mean that all these programs would automatically sign up to hire him. I am sure plenty would, but not all of them.
Posted By: cfrs15 Re: Urban - 10/06/21 04:57 PM
USC would gladly let him touch their booty hole.
Posted By: Milk Man Re: Urban - 10/06/21 05:01 PM
j/c...

Bet your house on TEN to cover the spread.

This is just hilariously absurd.

Posted By: PitDAWG Re: Urban - 10/06/21 05:07 PM
I didn't say "all these programs would". Michigan however is desperate to become relevant again. Desperation makes people do desperate things. If you don't think they're eyeing a replacement for Harbaugh, one they firmly believe can take them to the promise land, then I think you're sadly mistaken. Meyer is two for two in his last two stops at winning national championships.
Posted By: cle23 Re: Urban - 10/06/21 05:15 PM
I didn't say "all these programs would". Michigan however is desperate to become relevant again. Desperation makes people do desperate things. If you don't think they're eyeing a replacement for Harbaugh, one they firmly believe can take them to the promise land, then I think you're sadly mistaken. Meyer is two for two in his last two stops at winning national championships.

Any chance to take a stab at Michigan, huh? I have no doubt that Michigan is keeping their options open in regards to Harbaugh. They would be stupid not to. I don't think they will fire him for sure, but it will be an option depending on how the year/years go.

But the fact that you are spouting off all this stuff in regards to Michigan and Meyer is purely speculative, and again, not all programs will hire a proven POS like Meyer. Great coach, proving to be a crap person.
Posted By: PitDAWG Re: Urban - 10/06/21 05:29 PM
So you're trying to say that Michigan isn't desperate to become relative again? I don't think it's me simply trying to trash Michigan. Hell, my team, OSU hired him too after the debacle in Florida. You act as though winning isn't everything to a school that hasn't done squat in decades that used to be a respected powerhouse. As much as you would love to label that as me being a hater it's totally factual. You're only fooling yourself.
Posted By: PrplPplEater Re: Urban - 10/06/21 05:30 PM
j/c...

This is just hilariously absurd.

That's as blatant an admission that he's not running or leading that show as anything I've ever seen. It also tells me that the player leadership doesn't give a damn what Meyer has to say.

This is like watching a depth charge implode at 10,000 frames per second.
Posted By: oobernoober Re: Urban - 10/06/21 07:31 PM
There has to be missing context to that. There's no way an NFL HC is saying it's 'not in my court' to get his team ready for the game.
Posted By: Milk Man Re: Urban - 10/06/21 08:31 PM
j/c...

Posted By: dawglover05 Re: Urban - 10/06/21 09:00 PM
Just the name Cayman Nebraska says enough.
Posted By: cfrs15 Re: Urban - 10/06/21 09:09 PM
Just the name Cayman Nebraska says enough.

The name couldn’t be more perfect.
Posted By: dawglover05 Re: Urban - 10/06/21 09:17 PM
I wonder if she ever met Ron Mexico.
Posted By: Bard Dawg Re: Urban - 10/06/21 09:21 PM
Would he go to Nebraska? naughtydevil
Posted By: cfrs15 Re: Urban - 10/06/21 09:29 PM
Originally Posted By: Bard Dawg

I don’t think Nebraska is in the south.
Posted By: TrooperDawg Re: Urban - 10/06/21 09:40 PM
Well come to think of it, that Alabama coach (Mike Price) that got caught letting two hookers use his UA credit card while he left them back at the hotel room did get a gig at UTEP waaay back in the day. Ah, back when Alabama was practically irrelevant....
Posted By: FATE Re: Urban - 10/06/21 09:52 PM
Originally Posted By: Bard Dawg

If he could cornhusk'er.
Posted By: Ballpeen Re: Urban - 10/06/21 11:19 PM
As to coaching in college again, I doubt Urban would go back to the Big 10. OSU pretty much has a cod lock on recruiting up there.

I doubt he would go to the SEC again, too much competition and he doesn't like that pressure.

USC would be a landing spot of interest.

Actually, Urban would be great as a HS Coach. I am talking about somewhere like IMG Academy. He would make plenty of money. He could recruit to a degree, and the pressure would be much less.
Posted By: SuperBrown Re: Urban - 10/06/21 11:42 PM
Poor Mrs. Meyer. She can divorce him for a ransom now.
Posted By: dawglover05 Re: Urban - 10/07/21 12:30 AM
Peyton had been trying to warn us for years when he kept yelling “Omaha”!
Posted By: Bard Dawg Re: Urban - 10/07/21 12:14 PM
Brilliant, mate. Miserable looking guy.
Posted By: bonefish Re: Urban - 10/07/21 01:52 PM

Behavior?

What was Urban thinking?

Men in power positions sometimes do the dumbest things.

The power women have over men is amazing. You put a pretty girl in front of most men and their brains go numb.

I mean: Bill Clinton, Robert Kraft, Cuomo, trump actually the list goes on and on.

Especially politicians who are about the most easily corrupted people on earth.

I can't think of any women of power who get caught with male strippers?

Urban is a new hire in the NFL. He was hired to turn a bad team around. They had the first pick in the draft. A guy who is responsible for his development.

Damn dude you are 57 years old with a family?

How do you come to the conclusion that after a loss that you freak about; you decide to not roll with your team. They get on a plane and you got to your bar. Come'on man.

So, now the guy who hired you says. "Urban has to gain back the trust of the team."

Well apparently the owner has no trust in you now.

The team is 0-4.

What a great way to start your "career" in the NFL.

You are no longer in Kansas Urban.
Effing grow up. You haven't done squat in the NFL.

Posted By: Ballpeen Re: Urban - 10/08/21 11:21 AM
After some thought, Urban to LSU would be a possibility. LSU will be looking for a coach, they have a big budget athletic department and boosters, they have a winning history, and the location makes it a great recruiting base.

The recruiting base would be key. East Texas as an example identifies as much or more with with Louisiana culture than they do Texas as a whole.

Urban to LSU....makes some sense.

I think a big reason we see top college coaches go to the pros and fail is because once they get to the pro's they realize it is really a step down. It's a totally different deal. You have bosses in the Pro where in college, for the most part you don't.

I have long felt that a top job at a top program in college beats a pro job by a long shot.
Posted By: MemphisBrownie Re: Urban - 10/10/21 01:15 PM
Quote:
Agent for JAX player on Urban Meyer: "He is a laughingstock in that locker room right now. (My client) said he's a con man. They think he's a fraud. How do you not fly home with your team?"

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/urban...with-franchise/
Posted By: Damanshot Re: Urban - 10/10/21 01:35 PM
Has Meyer been fired?
Posted By: Milk Man Re: Urban - 10/11/21 02:51 AM
j/c...

I hope everyone bet their house and are rolling in easy money!
Posted By: cfrs15 Re: Urban - 10/11/21 07:26 PM
https://twitter.com/apmarklong/status/1447610090522095621?s=21

Jaguars coach Urban Meyer says he likes the team's offensive identity right now. Adds that he wants "250/250," meaning 250 yards rushing and 250 yards passing.

(Checks schedule for Rutgers)
Posted By: FATE Re: Urban - 10/11/21 07:31 PM
rofl
Posted By: MemphisBrownie Re: Urban - 10/17/21 04:57 PM
j/c:

© DawgTalkers.net