DawgTalkers.net
Posted By: Milk Man AFC North News and Notes Continued - 11/14/21 12:58 AM
Kneecap eaters to beat the Steelers now?

Posted By: Dave Re: AFC North News and Notes Continued - 11/14/21 01:18 AM
Originally Posted by Milk Man
Kneecap eaters to beat the Steelers now?

It'll be interesting to see how much the line moves, if at all.
Posted By: SuperBrown Re: AFC North News and Notes Continued - 11/14/21 01:56 AM
Rudolph the Red Nose Reindeer and the Officials will insure a Squealers victory.
Posted By: Dawgs4Life Re: AFC North News and Notes Continued - 11/14/21 10:32 AM
Line hasn’t moved much at all. Remaining at -6.5
Posted By: GMdawg Re: AFC North News and Notes Continued - 11/14/21 12:32 PM
Come on Buddy Boy beat the Steelers.
Posted By: TrooperDawg Re: AFC North News and Notes Continued - 11/14/21 09:40 PM
Week 10 Results:

Ravens 6-3
Steelers 5-3-1
Bengals 5-4
Browns 5-5
Posted By: Jcamm Re: AFC North News and Notes Continued - 11/14/21 09:43 PM
Lions will beat us next week
Posted By: SuperBrown Re: AFC North News and Notes Continued - 11/14/21 09:46 PM
Back home in the basement.
Posted By: tastybrownies Re: AFC North News and Notes Continued - 11/14/21 09:51 PM
Originally Posted by SuperBrown

I like how your status is the angry face.
Posted By: THROW LONG Re: AFC North News and Notes Continued - 11/14/21 09:56 PM
5 of the last 7 games Browns have scored 17 or fewer points, (from the Browns Radio network)

is 5-12 better than 4-12 ??'

The Browns are 5-5 but behind in just about every tie breaker that there could ever possibly be.
The Pats loss puts them behind any AFC East team.
the Chiefs, and Chargers loss puts them behind any AFC West team.
The Steeler loss, puts them behind the Bengals. (if it comes to that after the 2nd match up)
The Chiefs Ravens game puts the Browns behind the Ravens if they would split with them, except for the Raiders could help make that up, but the Ravens beat the Chargers so Nevermind.

So the only team the Browns have, (could have a same record tie break with would be whomever is in 2nd place in the AFC South.)
So the Colts,

Now the Titans, won so, they are probably, in position to get the Bye, and won't regress to a three way tie with the Colts, Titans and Browns, so the Titans will either have 7 or 8 wins, best case at least 2 games ahead of the Browns.

So, If the teams all finish with the same record, Today, the Browns would be the 11th, seed probably not the 12th seed, ahead of the AFC south 2nd or 3rd place team that they'd have the same record as.
edit:: assumes, Dolphins, Texans, jaguars, Jets, as, out out out out, 16, 15, 14, 13.
Posted By: SuperBrown Re: AFC North News and Notes Continued - 11/15/21 12:00 AM
Originally Posted by tastybrownies

I like how your status is the angry face.

[Linked Image from image.shutterstock.com]
Posted By: Swish Re: AFC North News and Notes Continued - 11/15/21 03:24 AM
So are we just gonna sweep the bengals but get swept by Baltimore and Pittsburgh this season?

Cause…yo we suck right now.
Posted By: Milk Man Re: AFC North News and Notes Continued - 11/15/21 03:30 AM
Tough to say, but good possibility.

Pittsburgh and Cincy are last two games of the season. Browns will be out of the playoffs by that point. Are either of those two teams still fighting for anything at that point? Steelers are a proud organization and will play hard either way.
Posted By: THROW LONG Re: AFC North News and Notes Continued - 11/15/21 07:39 AM
Browns have to win some battles before they can win the war. Right now, one site has the Browns in 11th place in the afc, behind the Colts.
I want to see them get the highest they can get on that afc rankings by the end of the year. If it's not top 7 and the playoffs, then get to spot #8 and if they can't there get to spot #9 and if not there then spot 10.
And please, do not finish worse than top 10 in the AFC this year, You're too good of a team, beat Detroit, it is the biggest game of the year, because it is the only game they can win this coming week.
The Browns beat Denver, they beat Cincinnati, and the Texans, that is 3 wins in the AFC.

The only way to get closer to the top is to win. And that starts with beating Detroit next week.
And keeping the team together, will help them understand what they do well, so it can grow.

The 45-7 loss wasn't so bad except for the injuries, For one, the Browns could have taken field goals if they had given up instead of continuing to go for it on 4th down, which would have made the score closer.
2nd, the final touchdown drive was against the Browns backup defense anyway.

So it easily could have been a 38-10 game. And basically that is only 4 scores.
So the whole game, it is just that the other team had 4 things that went their way in the lucky column. That could have been a lot closer game.
The Browns need to regroup,
and Dominate Detroit next week.
Posted By: mgh888 Re: AFC North News and Notes Continued - 11/15/21 12:51 PM
I don't see a sweep by any team in the AFC North. New England is a better and more complete team than any of the AFC North teams. Every chance we split or better with any one of the teams in the division.
Posted By: TrooperDawg Re: AFC North News and Notes Continued - 11/22/21 04:37 AM
Week 11 Results:

Ravens 7-3
Bengals 6-4
Browns 6-5
Steelers 5-4-1
Posted By: SuperBrown Re: AFC North News and Notes Continued - 11/22/21 04:42 AM
Originally Posted by TrooperDawg
Week 11 Results:

Ravens 7-3
Bengals 6-4
Steelers 5-4-1
Browns 6-5

FIFY again.
Posted By: superbowldogg Re: AFC North News and Notes Continued - 11/22/21 05:29 AM
Browns have the toughest remaining schedule.
The steelers have the 2nd hardest followed by Cincy and Baltimore.

There is one game between first place and last place in our division. Crazy...
Posted By: Dawgs4Life Re: AFC North News and Notes Continued - 11/22/21 10:15 AM
With Baltimore’s end of game fortune over the first half of the season, it basically forces us to sweep them. In fact, we probably have to sweep the division foes at this point IMO. And probably add in a win vs Las Vegas.
Posted By: TrooperDawg Re: AFC North News and Notes Continued - 11/22/21 12:43 PM
Week 11 Results:

Ravens 7-3
Bengals 6-4
Steelers 5-4-1
Browns 6-5

FIFY again.

lol
Split the next two games with the Ravens. 7-6 after getting healthy during bye week and start playing to expectation.
Split the two games Raiders and Packers. 8-7
Beat the Steelers and Bengals. 10-7

Ravens currently 7-3

They plays
Home vs Browns W 8-3
At Steelers L 8-4
At Browns L 8-5
Home vs Packers L 8-6
At Bengals L 8-7
Home to Rams L 8-8
Home to Steelers W 9-8

Steelers currently 5-4-1

At Bengals L 5-5-1
Home to Ravens W 6-5-1
At Vikings W 7-5-1
Home to Titans W 8-5-1
At Chiefs L 8-6-1
Home to Browns L 8-7-1
At Ravens L 8-8-1

Bengals currently 6-4

Home Steelrs W 7-4
Home Chargers L 7-5
Home Niners L 7-6
At Broncos W 8-6
Home to Ravens W 9-6
Home to Chiefs L 9-7
At Browns 9-8
Posted By: THROW LONG Re: AFC North News and Notes Continued - 11/23/21 01:52 AM
Originally Posted by Day of the Dawg
Split the next two games with the Ravens. 7-6 after getting healthy during bye week and start playing to expectation.
Split the two games Raiders and Packers. 8-7
Beat the Steelers and Bengals. 10-7

Ravens currently 7-3

They plays
Home vs Browns W 8-3
At Steelers L 8-4
At Browns L 8-5
Home vs Packers L 8-6
At Bengals L 8-7
Home to Rams L 8-8
Home to Steelers W 9-8

Steelers currently 5-4-1

At Bengals L 5-5-1
Home to Ravens W 6-5-1
At Vikings W 7-5-1
Home to Titans W 8-5-1
At Chiefs L 8-6-1
Home to Browns L 8-7-1
At Ravens L 8-8-1

Bengals currently 6-4

Home Steelrs W 7-4
Home Chargers L 7-5
Home Niners L 7-6
At Broncos W 8-6
Home to Ravens W 9-6
Home to Chiefs L 9-7
At Browns 9-8
Your counting on the Ravens to lose 5 in a row and the Steelers to lose 4 games, and you are counting on the Bengals to lose to the chiefs.

I said way back, shortly after the schedule release, that even though it didn't make ANY sense, Cincinnati! Will Beat Kansas City, and that will be a problem for us.

Why not just have the Browns actually win their own games,
Sweep Baltimore, one at a time! and then start the playoffs at home as division winners,
without help from other teams!
Posted By: jacksondawg Re: AFC North News and Notes Continued - 11/27/21 07:39 PM
We have won 2 out the last 3
Posted By: Bard Dawg Re: AFC North News and Notes Continued - 11/27/21 10:09 PM
Playing better than .500 ball and you are in the basement. Says something about the division, neh?
The whole AFC is knotted up except a couple teams.
Posted By: Clemdawg Re: AFC North News and Notes Continued - 11/28/21 04:03 AM
I can't remember a season this crazy tight.
The League must be loving this.
Posted By: bonefish Re: AFC North News and Notes Continued - 11/28/21 11:53 AM
Trying to predict games is a useless exercise.

Looking at the remaining schedule of the teams in the North. It is anyone's game.

We could end up anywhere from top to bottom.
Posted By: PitDAWG Re: AFC North News and Notes Continued - 11/28/21 04:22 PM
Originally Posted by bonefish
We could end up anywhere from top to bottom.

That's what she said. wink
Right now the Bengals have the inside track, having already beaten Baltimore. The Browns fate starts and ends in the next three weeks.
Posted By: THROW LONG Re: AFC North News and Notes Continued - 11/28/21 10:26 PM
The Browns Haven't won anything or clinched anything since Depo walked in the door.

Chief Strategy officer my foot!
Posted By: OldColdDawg Re: AFC North News and Notes Continued - 11/29/21 12:31 AM
Originally Posted by THROW LONG
The Browns Haven't won anything or clinched anything since Depo walked in the door.

What? Take your meds.
Posted By: oobernoober Re: AFC North News and Notes Continued - 11/29/21 02:26 AM
... or before.
Posted By: TrooperDawg Re: AFC North News and Notes Continued - 11/29/21 04:35 AM
Week 12 Results:

Ravens 8-3
Bengals 7-4
Steelers 5-5-1
Browns 6-6
Posted By: tastybrownies Re: AFC North News and Notes Continued - 11/29/21 05:05 AM

100% agreed. Points to analytics being a problem? naughtydevil
Posted By: SuperBrown Re: AFC North News and Notes Continued - 11/29/21 05:06 AM
Week 12 Results:

Ravens 8-3
Bengals 7-4
Steelers 5-5-1
Browns 6-6 - Basement as usual

Good job this week!
Posted By: GratefulDawg Re: AFC North News and Notes Continued - 11/30/21 12:55 AM
Posted By: THROW LONG Re: AFC North News and Notes Continued - 11/30/21 11:02 AM
Week 12 Results:

Ravens 8-3
Bengals 7-4
Steelers 5-5-1
Browns 6-6 - Basement as usual

Good job this week!

Last week, the steelers were 5-4-1. a winning percentage, 5 and 1/2 out of 10 games, of 55.000000%
at that time the Browns were 6-5, a winning percentage of 6 out of 11 games, of 54.545454 % which is less, so the tie breaks didn't count.

This week the Browns are 6-6 50% of 12 games,
and the Steelers are 5-5-1 50% of 11 games. both percentages are equal. And the head to head tie break of the results of the game earlier in the year puts the Steelers in 3rd place.

The point is, even though both teams lost this week, the Browns got closer in winning percentage! thumbsup
Posted By: Ballpeen Re: AFC North News and Notes Continued - 11/30/21 01:13 PM
Maybe so, but being atop the division is all that matters at this point. We probably have to win out to have any shot at a wildcard. Eleven wins might get us in a tie and at least at this point, I don't like the way the tie breakers will probably fall.

And let's be honest, the way we are playing right now we might win 3-4 games at best down the stretch. We might finish under .500 if we don't get our doo-doo together.
Posted By: Dawgs4Life Re: AFC North News and Notes Continued - 11/30/21 01:27 PM
J/c
I don’t see how we can count on this team to win ANY more games, let alone run the table. We still have plenty of tough games (in fact, what’s our easiest? Maybe at Pittsburgh?)

We are looking at a sub .500 record IMO. That’s such a kick in the gut.
Posted By: Homewood Dog Re: AFC North News and Notes Continued - 11/30/21 01:59 PM
At this point, I don't see us winning any more than 8 games. Very disapointing season.
Posted By: Damanshot Re: AFC North News and Notes Continued - 11/30/21 02:04 PM

Or for a long time before he walked in the door.. At least since him, we've bordered on being a much better team... You clearly are delusional
Posted By: DCDAWGFAN Re: AFC North News and Notes Continued - 11/30/21 04:22 PM
Originally Posted by Dawgs4Life
J/c
I don’t see how we can count on this team to win ANY more games, let alone run the table. We still have plenty of tough games (in fact, what’s our easiest? Maybe at Pittsburgh?)

We are looking at a sub .500 record IMO. That’s such a kick in the gut.
If history is an indicator, this team will put together a couple more good games and win... might even be able to beat the Steelers without playing a really good game.... but from the consistency perspective, there is absolutely nothing in this teams make-up that would lead a rational person to think they could string 4 or 5 of those good games back to back..
Posted By: DCDAWGFAN Re: AFC North News and Notes Continued - 11/30/21 04:29 PM
Originally Posted by tastybrownies

100% agreed. Points to analytics being a problem? naughtydevil
Analytics isn't a problem. Analytics is just data. Analytics is objective, emotionless, and has no concern about football.... it's just numbers. Turning those numbers into sound football decisions might be a problem. Finding a balance of using that data, while still understanding the state of your team and the specific situation you are in, to make sound decisions seems to be something we struggle with.... and those decisions are made on the sidelines, not in the executive suite.
Posted By: PitDAWG Re: AFC North News and Notes Continued - 11/30/21 05:24 PM
It seems we're pretty much on the same page here. Analytics is a wonderful, objective set of statistics in and of itself. The issue simply becomes which analytics you use and how they apply to your set of circumstances.
Posted By: Dawgs4Life Re: AFC North News and Notes Continued - 11/30/21 06:21 PM
J/C

Based on analytics we should have gone for that 4th and 5 against Baltimore with about 6 minutes left. I kinda wish we woulda
Posted By: PortlandDawg Re: AFC North News and Notes Continued - 11/30/21 06:37 PM
I felt the same way. Should have gone for it.
Posted By: SuperBrown Re: AFC North News and Notes Continued - 11/30/21 07:47 PM
Originally Posted by Homewood Dog
At this point, I don't see us winning any more than 8 games. Very disapointing season.

We will have ZERO wins the rest of the way. 6-11.

Baltimore L
Las Vegas L
@Green Bay L
@Pittsburgh L
Cincinnati L
Posted By: oobernoober Re: AFC North News and Notes Continued - 11/30/21 07:50 PM
If we get swept by Pittsburgh this year....
Posted By: Homewood Dog Re: AFC North News and Notes Continued - 11/30/21 08:18 PM
Looks like we're back to discussing how high we'll be picking in the draft. It was nice not to talk about that for one year anyway. frown
Posted By: tru_dawgs Re: AFC North News and Notes Continued - 11/30/21 08:37 PM
Haven't seen it posted anywhere...But after the Browns game I was on a youtube channel (Quincy Carrier) and a lot of people on the chat were discussing Higgins and a video he made allegedly smoking a blunt and dissing our coaches (I believe the day prior to the game on TikTok)...Not trying to spread rumors, but that's what everyone was stating. I'm not on those social platforms, but was wondering if anyone heard the same.
Posted By: SuperBrown Re: AFC North News and Notes Continued - 11/30/21 08:46 PM
Originally Posted by tru_dawgs
Haven't seen it posted anywhere...But after the Browns game I was on a youtube channel (Quincy Carrier) and a lot of people on the chat were discussing Higgins and a video he made allegedly smoking a blunt and dissing our coaches (I believe the day prior to the game on TikTok)...Not trying to spread rumors, but that's what everyone was stating. I'm not on those social platforms, but was wondering if anyone heard the same.

I love watching Quincy and Garrett Bush too.
Posted By: tru_dawgs Re: AFC North News and Notes Continued - 11/30/21 09:31 PM

I love watching Quincy and Garrett Bush too.

Great content from the both of them! And you can tell they are just as diehard as us; here on the board.
Posted By: jfanent Re: AFC North News and Notes Continued - 11/30/21 09:43 PM

That could explain some things.
Posted By: Milk Man Re: AFC North News and Notes Continued - 11/30/21 09:54 PM

The only thing I have seen mentioned on twitter was that Higgins skipped out on a team charity event for Thanksgiving to film a commercial.

He did do a turkey drive and meet and greet with fans recently, so who knows.

Will likely never know the story. If he actually made a video I'd be floored it wouldn't have leaked. People screen grab and archive things like that immediately.
Posted By: PitDAWG Re: AFC North News and Notes Continued - 11/30/21 09:56 PM
I think the story involves his lack of productivity when given the opportunity.
Posted By: GMdawg Re: AFC North News and Notes Continued - 11/30/21 10:14 PM
While Higgins runs great patterns, and catches almost everything thrown within his reach he can not get open if the defense knows whats coming. Higgins biggest problem is tat he can not get seperation. He just can't get open unless the defense has no zero. zilch idea where he is going this year. Most of the problem is just his skill set, but part of the problem is also our play calling, which has been been pretty bad most of the games this year.
Posted By: Homewood Dog Re: AFC North News and Notes Continued - 11/30/21 11:16 PM
A possession type receiver like Higgins is valuable to a team also.
Posted By: tru_dawgs Re: AFC North News and Notes Continued - 12/01/21 12:05 AM
Originally Posted by Milk Man

The only thing I have seen mentioned on twitter was that Higgins skipped out on a team charity event for Thanksgiving to film a commercial.

He did do a turkey drive and meet and greet with fans recently, so who knows.

Will likely never know the story. If he actually made a video I'd be floored it wouldn't have leaked. People screen grab and archive things like that immediately.

Yeah when i was on the youtube chat, and I kept seeing a few members talking about his supposed video of Higgins...I would have figured it would have made its way online somehow, but have seen zilch of it (As I know this board usually does a really good job finding all the relevant stuff regarding our team) So who knows, I just kept hearing it mentioned with a lot of #FreeHiggins posts lol
Posted By: bonefish Re: AFC North News and Notes Continued - 12/01/21 12:08 PM
Higgins has always been a guy who can find space in zone coverage.

If he is facing man coverage with a average corner he can not get separation. When you see him making catches it often looks like he is wide open.

The reason is he finds space in zones or Baker is off platform and Higgins knows how to come back to the qb.

He knows how to play but he lacks physical tools.

Posted By: PitDAWG Re: AFC North News and Notes Continued - 12/01/21 03:59 PM
You just hit the nail on the head.
Posted By: Cleats Re: AFC North News and Notes Continued - 12/01/21 06:16 PM
From what I saw Sunday night Baker could have used a receiver or two running a short curl or comeback route. It seemed to me he held the ball too long waitting for the big chunck play to develop. If your guys can't get open deep we need a receiver coming back or a RB to dump it off too....those blitzes were killing us.
Posted By: OldColdDawg Re: AFC North News and Notes Continued - 12/02/21 01:22 AM
Posted By: OldColdDawg Re: AFC North News and Notes Continued - 12/02/21 01:23 AM
Posted By: oobernoober Re: AFC North News and Notes Continued - 12/02/21 02:20 PM
That is... interesting....
Posted By: THROW LONG Re: AFC North News and Notes Continued - 12/02/21 04:26 PM
Originally Posted by Cleats
From what I saw Sunday night Baker could have used a receiver or two running a short curl or comeback route. It seemed to me he held the ball too long waitting for the big chunck play to develop. If your guys can't get open deep we need a receiver coming back or a RB to dump it off too....those blitzes were killing us.
Where was Rashard Higgins, that's his thing. (One of them, the other is catching touchdowns, I guess.) Higgins was a healthy scratch.
Posted By: TrooperDawg Re: AFC North News and Notes Continued - 12/06/21 05:26 AM
Week 13 Results:

Ravens 8-4
Bengals 7-5
Steelers 6-5-1
Browns 6-6
Posted By: Dawgs4Life Re: AFC North News and Notes Continued - 12/06/21 10:11 AM
Even though we’re still alive, it’s so demoralizing to see us in the basement given how much hope we all had
Posted By: Jester Re: AFC North News and Notes Continued - 12/06/21 01:13 PM
Even though we’re still alive, it’s so demoralizing to see us in the basement given how much hope we all had

We are literally 2 games back with 5 to go. Win next week and we are 1 game out of 1st.
Look at as, we has played bad and lost 4 close games that we should have won. A little tweek in the bye week with some rest and it's on.
Posted By: Ballpeen Re: AFC North News and Notes Continued - 12/06/21 01:58 PM

It can be. Something my father drilled in to be that I have carried with me all these years, remember, " It's not about how things start, it's about how they end."

We can still change those standings. Let's see what happens on Sunday
Posted By: THROW LONG Re: AFC North News and Notes Continued - 12/06/21 02:04 PM
When I make statements about the league manufacturing wins to keep baltimore and pittsburgh as the top 2 teams in the division,
conveniently there is always a system error.
Posted By: eotab Re: AFC North News and Notes Continued - 12/06/21 02:12 PM
Itss rather elementary my dear Watson. We have to win out!!!

Time for Garrett to get more than ONE SACK!!! How bout 5 why not...FIVE sounds good to me. Lets seal this deal here and now...Big Ben also none of this lot of coverage....pressure the crap out of them!

Burrows too...we got to stop the run and ATTACK!!!

Baker get that gunslinger back in ya don't let Ski mold you into some wall flower. ATTACK!! shut all the dad's mouths up and attack...be Baker again.
Posted By: oobernoober Re: AFC North News and Notes Continued - 12/06/21 02:30 PM
This is the same browser that won't let you see Twitter or basically any links somebody posts? I'd start there.
Posted By: PortlandDawg Re: AFC North News and Notes Continued - 12/06/21 02:58 PM
He needs another AOL disc to come in the mail.
Posted By: Milk Man Re: AFC North News and Notes Continued - 12/06/21 03:44 PM

If you really want to feel lousy, consider the Browns would be in first place in the division had they beaten Ravens. tongue
Posted By: eotab Re: AFC North News and Notes Continued - 12/06/21 03:53 PM
Hope is still there. Beating the rAVENS NEXT AT OUR HOUSE AS LONG AS OUR FANS GO CRAZY - Then Steeler we should destroy as well as the Bengals.. then complete the ending of the season as well as beating the Raiders without their head Gruden an easier task and we have the one tough game against the Packers but for some reason we match up well.

Posted By: Hammer Re: AFC North News and Notes Continued - 12/06/21 04:18 PM
"Only" have to win 4 out of last 5. Win all the AFC North games and the Raider game. 10-7 will win the division.

Ravens have: Browns (L)/Bengals(L)/Packers(L)/Rams(W)/Steelers(W) = 10-7.
Bengals have: 49'ers(L)/Broncos(W)/Ravens(W)/Chiefs(L)/Browns(L) = 10-7.
Steelers have: Vikings(W)/Titans(L)/Chiefs(L)/Browns(L)/Ravens(L) = 7-9-1.
Posted By: PrplPplEater Re: AFC North News and Notes Continued - 12/06/21 05:16 PM
Originally Posted by Hammer
"Only" have to win 4 out of last 5. Win all the AFC North games and the Raider game. 10-7 will win the division.

I have been really down on us and have even said our season ended weeks ago, BUT, I can definitely see us winning the last 5.
That said, a loss in ANY division game is the nail in the coffin. Cinci will be the toughest one; we're just not going to get the three gigantic scoring gifts we got last game, and that makes it a MUCH tougher row to hoe.
Posted By: lampdogg Re: AFC North News and Notes Continued - 12/08/21 01:46 AM
True, but we will have Cincinnati at our house. And we know we can win in Pitt, we already did it this very year. wink

We can afford to lose at Lambeau, if we win the other four games.
Posted By: SuperBrown Re: AFC North News and Notes Continued - 12/08/21 02:16 AM
Originally Posted by Homewood Dog

We will have ZERO wins the rest of the way. 6-11.

Baltimore L
Las Vegas L
@Green Bay L
@Pittsburgh L
Cincinnati L

I'll revise this...

Baltimore L
Las Vegas W
@Green Bay L
@Pittsburgh L
Cincinnati W

8-9
Out of all of the losses, that Steelers loss was the most painful. One of the most gimmy-est games where the Steelers said "okay y'all can have this one" and Jarvis has a career catastrophe game. I wish there were signs of us being better on offense but I just don't see it. We can't even score let alone win a game. The North is for the taking and we can't do anything about it. Sucks!
Posted By: bonefish Re: AFC North News and Notes Continued - 12/10/21 11:54 AM
Made it to halftime and the Steelers were getting stomped.

Wake up and they damn near came back from 26-0.

In the end they loss after the guy makes the catch in the endzone and then gets it knocked out.

Great they lost.

We have to win.

It is all right there.
Posted By: Dawgs4Life Re: AFC North News and Notes Continued - 12/10/21 01:19 PM
So the steelers are 6-6-1

They now play:

Tennessee
At Kansas City
Cleveland
At Baltimore

They would have to win out (like us) to get into the playoffs.
Posted By: bonefish Re: AFC North News and Notes Continued - 12/10/21 02:11 PM
I seriously doubt that they win another game.
Posted By: THROW LONG Re: AFC North News and Notes Continued - 12/10/21 03:05 PM
Originally Posted by Hammer

The Ravens and Bengals may both finish with more than 10 wins.
A 10-7 Browns team has over 2/3rds chance, I'd say, to miss the playoffs altogether. 11 wins would put the Browns in, maybe.

I wanted to, but after double checking, cannot mathematically say the better who bet the Browns would have the worst record in the entire NFL in may was out of luck, but it is still possible that the Browns could have the worst record in the entire NFL.
Posted By: THROW LONG Re: AFC North News and Notes Continued - 12/10/21 03:58 PM
The Browns still control their own destiny for 2nd place in the North which would more than likely land them a wild card spot,
IF the Browns win all of their 5 remaining games and finish 11-6.
At 11-6 the Browns would be 2nd place in the North, and POSSIBLY WIN THE DIVISION, if the Bengals beat the Ravens, giving the Ravens a division loss to the bengals, in that case...
If that were the case the Browns would have split with the ravens and steelers and swept the bengals. 4-2 in the div.
The ravens would have split with the Browns, split with the steelers, and been swept by the bengals, 2-4 in the div.
The steelers would have a loss to the Browns, if not more, making their record no better than 10-6-1 which is less than what would be the Browns 11-6 record.
The Bengals would lose the final game at the Browns being the Bengals #6 th loss and being swept by the Browns head to head finish behind them.

So. Today. If the Browns win all 5 of their remaining games. And the Bengals beat the Ravens in Cincinnati, Then the Browns win the AFC North Division title. and get an AUTO-MATIC, PLAYOFF BERTH.
That is a goal to get behind.

I say Load up the Running backs into the back of a semi, and get ready to aim for 30 more rushing touchowns in these last 5 games.
400 yards rushing and 6 rushing touchdowns each game, should be enough to win each of the Browns last 5 games one at a time.
HA!
Posted By: THROW LONG Re: AFC North News and Notes Continued - 12/10/21 04:17 PM
Hammer: The Bengals are going to beat the Chiefs in Cincinnati, I've been saying this since the schedule came out, it will be their inspiring rally win, and the Chiefs' won't know what hit them.
The 7-5 cincy remaining schedule is the 9ers/ at broncos/ ravens/ chiefs/ at browns.
Posted By: Cleats Re: AFC North News and Notes Continued - 12/10/21 04:25 PM
Wish I had your confidence. I,ve been a Browns fan since the mid 60's and have painfully watched the Steelers comeback from a first half trouncing to rally in the second half for the win. I hate them but they know how to make adjustments.
Posted By: PitDAWG Re: AFC North News and Notes Continued - 12/10/21 05:10 PM
While I agree with you about the Steelers game being painful, I don't think it was any less painful than the Ravens game. We took them for four turnovers and could only muster scoring 10 points. That's pretty damned painful.
Posted By: DCDAWGFAN Re: AFC North News and Notes Continued - 12/10/21 07:00 PM
I agree, I went into the season thinking it would be between us and the Ravens to win it, the Bengals would be improved but not quite there yet, and the Steelers would look old and reeling... then for a while I was thinking the whole darn division looks pretty good.. now the whole division looks suspect with no clear dominant team(s).... and it just makes the fact that we have given away 2 or 3 games that were right there for the taking all that much harder to stomach...
Posted By: Dawgs4Life Re: AFC North News and Notes Continued - 12/11/21 11:33 AM
Originally Posted by bonefish
I seriously doubt that they win another game.
Haha lets just hope one of them isn’t against us especially
Posted By: TrooperDawg Re: AFC North News and Notes Continued - 12/13/21 12:51 AM
Week 14 Results:

Ravens 8-5
Bengals 7-6
Browns 7-6
Steelers 6-6-1
Posted By: SuperBrown Re: AFC North News and Notes Continued - 12/13/21 01:07 AM
Week 14 Results:

Ravens 8-5
Bengals 7-6
Browns 7-6
Steelers 6-6-1

INCORRECT!

Ravens 8-5
Browns 7-6
Bengals 7-6
Steelers 6-6-1
Posted By: THROW LONG Re: AFC North News and Notes Continued - 12/13/21 01:19 AM
... Anybody want to do the research of the strength of victory Bills and Browns, If they somehow finish same recorded, Patriots beat bills and Browns beat steelers, that would (create a tie) in common games, and If they were both 6-6 against the AFC, the Browns,
do the Browns clearly have a better strength of victory? I mean the Browns didn't play the jets twice. to end up, ahead of the Bills in consideration. eventually, if ...
Posted By: THROW LONG Re: AFC North News and Notes Continued - 12/13/21 01:29 AM
OH my Freaking gosh, how much time has it been since The Browns were the Only AFC North team to win in a week???
Because it happened this week thumbsup
Posted By: Dave Re: AFC North News and Notes Continued - 12/13/21 01:30 AM
... Anybody want to do the research of the strength of victory Bills and Browns, If they somehow finish same recorded, Patriots beat bills and Browns beat steelers, that would (create a tie) in common games, and If they were both 6-6 against the AFC, the Browns,
do the Browns clearly have a better strength of victory? I mean the Browns didn't play the jets twice. to end up, ahead of the Bills in consideration. eventually, if ...

Buffalo wins tie breaker over Cleveland based on win pct vs conference opponents.
Posted By: THROW LONG Re: AFC North News and Notes Continued - 12/13/21 01:53 AM
ehh, I meant, beyond that, if they end up 6-6 = or even 7-5 equal vs conf. opponents, wait, it would have to be at 6-6, because I know if the patriots beat the Bills and the Browns beat the Steelers then the "common games minimum 4 would be equal, and THEN, the strength of victory would come into effect.... (too much looking ahead for me.)

https://operations.nfl.com/the-rules/nfl-tie-breaking-procedures/
I think that is the site for the NFL tie breaks.
1st. the regular season ends, complete.
then, the team with the best record in the whole conf. gets the first round bye, and would have the best record in it's own division,
and if overall records are tied, ^ those are the tie breaks, between (two clubs in a div.) (two clubs from different divs.) (3 or more clubs from different divs.) and 3 or more clubs in the same div. and sequentially how they are applied.

and sequentially, the NFL would determine spots 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, and 7, in the playoff berth assignings.
Posted By: THROW LONG Re: AFC North News and Notes Continued - 12/13/21 02:06 AM
Originally Posted by Dave

Buffalo wins tie breaker over Cleveland based on win pct vs conference opponents.
Currently yes. Currently the Bills are 5-5 in the conference with 2 games remaining
the Browns are 4-5 in the conference with 3 games remaining. Still catchable.
Posted By: Dawgs4Life Re: AFC North News and Notes Continued - 12/13/21 02:26 AM
We have three more must-win games: Raiders, Steelers, and Bengals. The Packers game, while it would be nice to win, won’t kill us to lose
Posted By: TrooperDawg Re: AFC North News and Notes Continued - 12/13/21 02:23 PM
Week 14 Results:

Ravens 8-5
Bengals 7-6
Browns 7-6
Steelers 6-6-1

INCORRECT!

Ravens 8-5
Browns 7-6
Bengals 7-6
Steelers 6-6-1

LOL
Posted By: CapCity Dawg Re: AFC North News and Notes Continued - 12/13/21 04:24 PM
Super is correct. We are #2 in the AFCN and #8 seed in the AFC. Ahead of Cincy in both.

There are five 7-6 teams in the AFC. We are in the middle of that pack, behind IND and BUF and ahead of CIN and DEN.
Posted By: DCDAWGFAN Re: AFC North News and Notes Continued - 12/15/21 04:40 AM
We have three more must-win games: Raiders, Steelers, and Bengals. The Packers game, while it would be nice to win, won’t kill us to lose
I concur..

If we run the table, I think we are pretty much a lock based on who the rest of our division has to play.
If we go 3-1 losing to the Packers, I think we still have a very good chance.
If we go 3-1 losing to somebody other than the Packers, we need a lot more help.
If we go 2-2 I don't see many paths for us to get into the playoffs.

And that's just to win the division. Many variables to us getting a WC if we go 3-1 and the Ravens run the table or also go 3-1... Chargers, Colts, Bills all have some tough games remaining but things would have to break just right... but then again, there are always upsets.

If we run the table AND the Ravens run the table to win the division, I still think we are in as a WC..

A lot of words written but it all starts with, we need to win at least 3 games.. go get it done
Posted By: Milk Man Re: AFC North News and Notes Continued - 12/16/21 07:03 PM
j/c...

Posted By: TrooperDawg Re: AFC North News and Notes Continued - 12/20/21 12:37 AM
Can't get my head around the fact that if we win Monday night there will be 3 teams at 8-6 in our division.
Posted By: cfrs15 Re: AFC North News and Notes Continued - 12/20/21 12:44 AM
Crazy that we've played like dog poop and have a chance to be in first place this late in the season.
Posted By: SuperBrown Re: AFC North News and Notes Continued - 12/20/21 12:48 AM
If we can step into a win we are in FIRST.
Posted By: Dawgs4Life Re: AFC North News and Notes Continued - 12/20/21 01:02 AM
We couldnt ask for a better circumstance given our losses to LA, PIT, NE, and BAL
Posted By: DCDAWGFAN Re: AFC North News and Notes Continued - 12/20/21 02:30 AM
Can't get my head around the fact that if we win Monday night there will be 3 teams at 8-6 in our division.
And the other at 7-6-1...

At the beginning of the year, I fully expected this division to be between a very good Ravens team and very good Browns team with one winning the division and the other being a shoe-in for a WC.
I expected the Bengals to be better but not quite there yet.
I expected the Steelers to continue their slide.

The Ravens and Browns have both underachieved and been terribly inconsistent.
The Bengals are a little better than I expected but not a whole lot. I thought they would be +/-.500.
The Steelers just find ways to win games they probably shouldn't win and have found a way to stay in the conversation.
Posted By: bugs Re: AFC North News and Notes Continued - 12/20/21 03:37 AM
Funny, I thought it would go this way.

Baltimore and Pittsburgh are lacking depth. They both begin to struggle near the end of the season when injuries start taking their toll.

I thought people really underestimated Cincy at the beginning of the season. But, I did not think they would do this well. They have fared well with injuries.

I figured Cleveland's defense would struggle in the beginning. It was completely overhauled. I predicted it would take 4 to 6 weeks before we start seeing the benefits.

Browns' depth and their run game would come in strong in the latter part of the season.

I did not think Cleveland's offense would struggle this much. They need more depth on the OL and receiver. I think more experience is key here.

My initial prediction was Baltimore, Cleveland, and Pittsburgh would split. Of the three, the team that swept Cincy wins the conference.

The AFCN has lived up to its history. They beat each other up, but the winner always does well in the playoffs.

Don't quit on Cleveland just yet. History shows they never make it easy!
Posted By: Cleats Re: AFC North News and Notes Continued - 12/20/21 11:39 AM
Once again the steelers come from behind against a good team yet most seem more worried about Bengals and Ravens in our division... Jeeze, I hope we can put a decent lineup out there tonight!
Posted By: Bard Dawg Re: AFC North News and Notes Continued - 12/20/21 01:22 PM
I am willing to put it all out there for this COVID-Bowl game, and furthermore, I am equally willing to risk being in first place.
Posted By: Hammer Re: AFC North News and Notes Continued - 12/20/21 03:22 PM
Steelers suck - season ends next week for them in KC.
Posted By: THROW LONG Re: AFC North News and Notes Continued - 12/20/21 07:48 PM
Just checked this stupid Dolphins thing, dolphins winning 6 in a row after losing 7 in a row.

end conclusion. The Browns have to beat the raiders if they end with the same record as the dolphins, to stay ahead or = to the dolphins, in the "common games minimum 4" so if the Browns lose today to the Raiders they can get behind the dolphins too, if it comes to that.

Browns and Bills common games requires the pats beat the bills, iirc, and the Browns beat the "Steelers" , so beating the steelers also keeps pace but goes to strength of victory against the bills, (bills had a 3.5 lead in that last week, but if the Browns beat the Packers that should make that up)

so pacing the Bills, if all records = in the end, requires beating the steelers and packers,
and pacing with the dolphins requires beating the raiders in the common games minimum 4.

It is a Big Deal to get a win in the national football league.
Posted By: TrooperDawg Re: AFC North News and Notes Continued - 12/23/21 12:13 AM
Week 15 Results:

Bengals 8-6 (Next game vs. Ravens)
Ravens 8-6 (Next game at Bengals)
Steelers 7-6-1 (Next game at Chiefs)
Browns 7-7 (Next game at Packers)
Posted By: SuperBrown Re: AFC North News and Notes Continued - 12/23/21 07:34 PM
Week 15 Results:

Bengals 8-6 (Next game vs. Ravens)
Ravens 8-6 (Next game at Bengals)
Steelers 7-6-1 (Next game at Chiefs)
Browns 7-7 (Next game at Packers)

Well done! nanner
Posted By: TrooperDawg Re: AFC North News and Notes Continued - 12/27/21 01:13 AM
Week 16 Results:

Bengals 9-6
Ravens 8-7
Steelers 7-7-1
Browns 7-8
Funny how the Bengals got criticised up and down for passing on Penei Sewell
And drafting Jamar Chase. Hows that decision working out now?
The Steelers pass on drafting a olineman and draft Najee Harris.
That decision has backfired
The Browns drafted Greg Newsome. But did they pass on WR that could have
Helped this offense?
Posted By: Rishuz Re: AFC North News and Notes Continued - 12/27/21 02:01 AM
Originally Posted by Iluvmyxstripper
Helped this offense?

It's Burrow's play. Elevates the rest of the team, including the OL.

You don't have to have a first round pick at every position if you have a good QB.
Posted By: GraffZ06 Re: AFC North News and Notes Continued - 12/27/21 06:05 AM
Originally Posted by Rishuz
Originally Posted by Iluvmyxstripper
Helped this offense?

It's Burrow's play. Elevates the rest of the team, including the OL.

You don't have to have a first round pick at every position if you have a good QB.

Blasphemy! Brady and Rodgers never did squat without an OL giving them 7 seconds to figure out how many guys were wearing the other color jerseys, 2 all-pro 1000 yard RBs and at LEAST 3 1st/2nd Rd all-pro receivers who could get at least 5 yards of separation on every play so they could raise their hands and jump up and down just to make sure the QB could see them.

How dare you use this back-handed comment of Burrow to try and slight Baker. Some "fan" you are.

Forgot to add - you probably want to go back to watching 1-31 football too!
Posted By: Dawg Citizen Re: AFC North News and Notes Continued - 01/03/22 12:58 PM
Well, That's it. The Browns have been eliminated from the playoffs and the Bengals win the division. See what a true franchise QB can do for your team? Do the Browns have that in Baker? Doesn't look like it. Berry has a lot of work to do this offseason to make the Browns a true playoff and SB contender and not a pretender.
Posted By: hitt Re: AFC North News and Notes Continued - 01/04/22 12:13 PM
Amen, do you think other teams watched Baker's passes knocked down over and over, Baker bet on himself and lost big time. He is an overachieving little guy, we couldn't get a 5th rounder for an injured QB. PS, he has 4 more interceptions than ANY QB since 2018.....how's he doing. Draft a QB.....Go Browns!!!! Giants Webb better than Baker, he doesn't spend his time making commercials. Do you really think folks will want a losing QB in their commercials. NFL- not for long....GO Browns!!!
Posted By: Dawgs4Life Re: AFC North News and Notes Continued - 01/04/22 12:49 PM
Originally Posted by hitt
Amen, do you think other teams watched Baker's passes knocked down over and over, Baker bet on himself and lost big time. He is an overachieving little guy, we couldn't get a 5th rounder for an injured QB. PS, he has 4 more interceptions than ANY QB since 2018.....how's he doing. Draft a QB.....Go Browns!!!! Giants Webb better than Baker, he doesn't spend his time making commercials. Do you really think folks will want a losing QB in their commercials. NFL- not for long....GO Browns!!!
Yeah, the Steelers are certainly aware of Baker’s proclivity to have passes knocked down. what did Watt have alone? Like 4? That’s awful
Posted By: TrooperDawg Re: AFC North News and Notes Continued - 01/04/22 03:32 PM
Week 17 Results:

Bengals 10-6
Steelers 8-7-1
Ravens 8-8
Browns 7-9
Posted By: oobernoober Re: AFC North News and Notes Continued - 01/04/22 03:58 PM
If there was any doubt as to what was going on, that was put to bed on the one play where Watt disengaged with the Olineman and then... just sat there waiting for the ball to be thrown his way.
Posted By: WSU Willie Re: AFC North News and Notes Continued - 01/04/22 05:01 PM
Watt had (4) sacks...(5) total tackles...all solo...and (5) QB hits.

Garrett had (1) tackle (again)...solo though this time and not an assist...and...wait for it...(0) QB hits. He did hug Ben after the game though...so he DID touch him.

DPOY favorite...that's a joke. Face of the defense? The whole team? Sounds about right.
Posted By: oobernoober Re: AFC North News and Notes Continued - 01/04/22 05:44 PM
Garrett is banged up playing hurt. Ben gets the ball out of his hands fast. Clowney was working his man over but only got a couple chances to hit Ben. That's their gameplan.

Ben had like 20 completions for under 100 yards at the half, or something crazy like that. The real problem was how the front got absolutely abused by Najee.
Posted By: WSU Willie Re: AFC North News and Notes Continued - 01/04/22 05:50 PM
Clowney had (6) tackles...(4) solo...(2) sacks...he's banged up too.
Posted By: cfrs15 Re: AFC North News and Notes Continued - 01/04/22 05:54 PM
Originally Posted by WSU Willie

https://twitter.com/jake_burns18/status/1478411220533366790

Lol at Myles and Clowney with 5 pressures each and Watt also with 5 pressures.

https://twitter.com/jake_burns18/status/1478411459449217031

Pittsburgh converted 9 of 20 pressures into sacks.

Browns converted 2 of 11.
Posted By: PitDAWG Re: AFC North News and Notes Continued - 01/04/22 06:05 PM
Oh dear Lord. Not the commercial thing again. Really?
Posted By: Dawgs4Life Re: AFC North News and Notes Continued - 01/04/22 07:09 PM
Take out his penalties, he’s been NEEDED for our defense
Posted By: GMdawg Re: AFC North News and Notes Continued - 01/04/22 08:31 PM

Garrett had (1) tackle (again)...solo though this time and not an assist...and...wait for it...(0) QB hits. He did hug Ben after the game though...so he DID touch him.

DPOY favorite...that's a joke. Face of the defense? The whole team? Sounds about right.

Garrett is playing with a injury that would sideline 98 percent of NFL players. To give him crap just shows your lack of knowledge, and makes me question your IQ bro.
Posted By: oobernoober Re: AFC North News and Notes Continued - 01/04/22 08:54 PM
Doesn't Watt have a rib issue?
Imagine if Myles got to face a rookie Tackle, who is struggling mightily ..... one on one. Wonder what kind of game he'd have then?
Posted By: CapCity Dawg Re: AFC North News and Notes Continued - 01/05/22 01:38 AM
Originally Posted by GMdawg

Garrett is playing with a injury that would sideline 98 percent of NFL players. To give him crap just shows your lack of knowledge, and makes me question your IQ bro.

So we're throwing shade at Garrett for not playing to expectations while injured but excusing Mayfield's play because he's injured? I think I am starting to understand this.
Posted By: DeisleDawg Re: AFC North News and Notes Continued - 01/05/22 01:56 AM
[/quote]

Didn't notice if Myles had a harness around his... Wait he didn't have a sack last night ?
Posted By: WSU Willie Re: AFC North News and Notes Continued - 01/05/22 02:41 AM

I don't have an issue with your opinion of my knowledge...IQ...or otherwise.

I think he's immensely talented...I also think he's soft...self-centered...ridiculously undisciplined...and more interested in getting sacks than anything else...he's a looooong way away from being being a dominant leader of a tough defense. I believed that last year and the year before last year. Time will tell...I'd love him to prove me wrong. I'm not holding my breath.
Posted By: WSU Willie Re: AFC North News and Notes Continued - 01/05/22 02:46 AM
Originally Posted by CapCity Dawg

So we're throwing shade at Garrett for not playing to expectations while injured but excusing Mayfield's play because he's injured? I think I am starting to understand this.

I don't know what shade "we" are throwing...but the shade I am throwing is at the year-in-and-year-out, pre-season hype of his pending DPOY dominance only to watch it fizzle time and time again...while he hugs the opposing QB after a TD play and guys like Watt beat the crap out of QBs or anyone with the ball.
Posted By: PitDAWG Re: AFC North News and Notes Continued - 01/05/22 05:17 PM
I think he's immensely talented...I also think he's soft...self-centered...ridiculously undisciplined...and more interested in getting sacks than anything else..

You know, I've heard varying descriptions close to this, although usually not laid on as thick as the rest of you post. LOL

And I've replied to it the same way I'm going to now and thus far have never gotten an answer to it.

On any given play Myles assignment is either to pressure the QB or maintain outside containment. You can't do both. It's one or the other. To buy into what you're trying to sell one would have to believe that Myles free lances rather than follow the play assignment. I've seen no evidence supporting that is the case. Do you have any?

And I certainly believe that blasting good sportsmanship is a sign of the times we live in. Not so long ago that was an admired trait.
Posted By: WSU Willie Re: AFC North News and Notes Continued - 01/05/22 06:33 PM
Originally Posted by PitDAWG
I think he's immensely talented...I also think he's soft...self-centered...ridiculously undisciplined...and more interested in getting sacks than anything else..

You know, I've heard varying descriptions close to this, although usually not laid on as thick as the rest of you post. LOL

And I've replied to it the same way I'm going to now and thus far have never gotten an answer to it.

On any given play Myles assignment is either to pressure the QB or maintain outside containment. You can't do both. It's one or the other. To buy into what you're trying to sell one would have to believe that Myles free lances rather than follow the play assignment. I've seen no evidence supporting that is the case. Do you have any?

And I certainly believe that blasting good sportsmanship is a sign of the times we live in. Not so long ago that was an admired trait.

The evidence you seek is on display every game. Teams let him do his roundabout-QB-seeking thing and then run - or throw - right where he was supposed to be...again and again and again. He jumps off-side like that's what he's SUPPOSED to do...and he has stated that that's just him being him.

Sportsmanship? Love-tapping the opposing QB after he beat you and during the game is NOT the kind of sportsmanship I want out of my defensive "Leader". See Clowney slamming his helmet to the ground at the same time of the lovefest. Postgame? Sure. Chatting with Rodgers during the game like they were having a beer? Sorry...that's not my kind of sportsmanship.
Posted By: PitDAWG Re: AFC North News and Notes Continued - 01/05/22 06:38 PM
The only thing that matters is from the time the ball is snapped until the play is blown dead. Everything else is meaningless.
Posted By: WSU Willie Re: AFC North News and Notes Continued - 01/05/22 07:54 PM
The only thing that matters is from the time the ball is snapped until the play is blown dead. Everything else is meaningless.

Then why did you ask for evidence? Why mention "Sportsmanship"? You got MY answer and response.

Watt, Bosa, Bosa, Hendrickson, S Jones, Crosby...just a few badasses that I'd much rather have...you like the on-filed, nice guy for a defensive leader...I don't.
Posted By: PitDAWG Re: AFC North News and Notes Continued - 01/05/22 08:04 PM
So to you what you do between downs matters. Not to me. I like guys who play hard when it actually matters. During the play.
Posted By: WSU Willie Re: AFC North News and Notes Continued - 01/06/22 03:00 PM
So to you what you do between downs matters. Not to me. I like guys who play hard when it actually matters. During the play.

I like guys who are impact defensive players...leaders...game-changers. I don't like Teddy Bears who suck up to the opposing QB on the field.

Do you watch Browns games? You love stats...here's a few to ponder for our perennial DPOY candidate and QB grim reaper:

(0) QB hits in (3) of our games this year:

(1) QB hit in (4) games this year;

(2) QB hits in (4) games;

(3) QB hits in (3) games this year;

(0) sacks in (4) games this year....including (0) in the last (3) straight;

(.5) sacks once this year;

(1) sack in (7) games this year;

(1.5) sacks in (2) games this year;

(4.5) sacks against the Bears

That's between downs.
Posted By: PitDAWG Re: AFC North News and Notes Continued - 01/06/22 04:23 PM
Myles is tied for third in sacks and tied for sixth in tackles for loss with Von Miller. Nothing you have posted supports any of the following......

.I also think he's soft...self-centered...

As for the undisciplined part, in 2020 he had a grand total of 6 penalties. This will be his third pro bowl in the past for years. He set the Browns record for sacks. He was the top voter getter for this years pro bowl among DE's. He has been playing with a groin injury. Garrett isn't a problem for the Browns, he's a top star on the team. You just seem to hate him because he doesn't hate the opponent between plays. When it doesn't make any difference.
Posted By: TrooperDawg Re: AFC North News and Notes Continued - 01/09/22 09:42 PM
Week 18 Results:

Bengals 10-7
Steelers 9-7-1
Ravens 8-9
Browns 8-9
Posted By: SuperBrown Re: AFC North News and Notes Continued - 01/09/22 09:50 PM
Week 18 Results:

Bengals 10-7
Steelers 9-7-1
Ravens 8-9
Browns 8-9

Incorrect!

Bengals 10-7
Steelers 9-7-1
Browns 8-9
Rats 8-9
Posted By: TrooperDawg Re: AFC North News and Notes Continued - 01/09/22 10:39 PM
Whatever....
Posted By: THROW LONG Re: AFC North News and Notes Continued - 01/09/22 10:43 PM
Week 18 Results:

Bengals 10-7
Steelers 9-7-1
Ravens 8-9
Browns 8-9

Incorrect!

Bengals 10-7
Steelers 9-7-1
Browns 8-9... 3-3 in the division, and 5-7 in the afc
Rats 8-9... 1-5 in the same division, <thus the 4th place. and 5-7 in the afc.
and the 5-7s' don't affect anything because the Browns and ravens are 2 teams compared from the "same division" but it would take preminence in comparisions against other afc teams from the other 3 divisions. (in comparing 2 clubs, not 3 or more, when it's 3 or more you first remove whomever is not in the top most position in their own div. i.e. 1st, 2nd, 3rd, or 4th, place, of their own div. first.)
So with the Browns finishing in 3rd place in Division (Better AFC North record) than Ravens. Does that make next years schedule the following?

(2) vs Bengals
(2) vs Steelers
(2) vs Ravens

AFC North will play entire AFC East s0

Bills
Patriots
Dolphins
Jets

AFC North will play NFC South so

Buccaneers
Saints
Falcons
Panthers

Then the 3rd place teams from other AFC divisions

Houston Texans
and Loser of tonight's Raiders/Chargers game

Then 17th game will be vs NFC East? Washington Football Team
Posted By: THROW LONG Re: AFC North News and Notes Continued - 01/10/22 02:15 AM
It means that in next years schedule, If you don't have a quarterback, if you don't have an OFFENSE, that can score points,
then you will lose more than you win! Anaylitcs or not!
Posted By: superbowldogg Re: AFC North News and Notes Continued - 01/10/22 02:20 AM
Posted By: DeisleDawg Re: AFC North News and Notes Continued - 01/10/22 02:59 AM
maybe one home game win...
Posted By: DaveyD Re: AFC North News and Notes Continued - 01/10/22 03:53 AM
Out of curiosity, how many draft places did the win cost us?
Posted By: FATE Re: AFC North News and Notes Continued - 01/10/22 04:08 AM
Originally Posted by DaveyD
As many as five. Can't find strength of schedule rankings or I could calculate it. Tired of looking. They say "google is your friend" but I've noticed, more and more, that I would have better luck looking for answers under a rock.
Posted By: DaveyD Re: AFC North News and Notes Continued - 01/10/22 04:22 AM
Originally Posted by FATE
Originally Posted by DaveyD
As many as five. Can't find strength of schedule rankings or I could calculate it. Tired of looking. They say "google is your friend" but I've noticed, more and more, that I would have better luck looking for answers under a rock.

As an IT Professional for 22 years, I always Google first. thumbsup
Posted By: THROW LONG Re: AFC North News and Notes Continued - 01/10/22 05:41 AM
How many places did it cost?

In 2014, the Browns drafted Cornerback Justin Gilbert with the 8th overall pick, (traded down then back up),
and most would agree,
Justin Gilberts production could have been gotten out of players found in the 4th-7th rounds or some UDFA's over time.
So what it comes down to, Not all picks hit, and
it might not be the end of the world.
Posted By: superbowldogg Re: AFC North News and Notes Continued - 01/10/22 06:03 AM
We started with the 13th pick and ended today with the 13th pick after winning
Posted By: THROW LONG Re: AFC North News and Notes Continued - 01/10/22 06:56 AM
Originally Posted by YTownBrownsFan
Imagine if Myles got to face a rookie Tackle, who is struggling mightily ..... one on one. Wonder what kind of game he'd have then?
If the Browns offense, was re-designed so that the offense, could get a quick receiver open and the ball released from the Qb's hands very quickly, then even if they'd run full speed the ball would already be out of the Qb's hands by the time the pass rusher gets there.

Now, I know, it sounds impossible, but then, it seems like other teams can do it against the Browns.
Posted By: Dawgs4Life Re: AFC North News and Notes Continued - 01/10/22 02:49 PM
That’s a tough home slate next year:

Ravens, Steelers, Bengals, Bucs, Saints, Patriots, Jets, Chargers
Posted By: PrplPplEater Re: AFC North News and Notes Continued - 01/10/22 03:42 PM
Actually, it may not be all that bad, at all.

Ravens, Steelers, Bengals - whatever. This is what it is every year, so no point in lamenting, or including them.

Bucs, Saints, Patriots, Jets, Chargers

Bucs - probably won't be close to being the Bucs we saw last year and earlier this year. They're falling apart and will lose guys to Free Agency.
Saints - always a fun one. This has potential to be pretty tough
Patriots - Belichick vs Stefanksi is a problem, but their QB isn't all that. I don't care how much the media fawns over him, he isn't the new Tom Terrific.
Jets - Jets is the Jets
Chargers - again, I will go on the "our coaching is going to hurt us, and their QB isn't all that the media blows him up to be" bandwagon. I watched the game last night. Half of Herbert's completions were balls he just blindly chucked out there in the direction of a player. He throws a laser, and effortlessly at that, but he wasn't "elite" like he's made out to be, nor was he when we played them. His receivers hurt him a LOT last night, too.... seems familiar. Also, our defense should be much improved over when we played this year.

So, all in all, it isn't that fearsome of a schedule, at all.
Posted By: Homewood Dog Re: AFC North News and Notes Continued - 01/10/22 04:39 PM
It's really no worse than this years was. We hurt ourselves this year with dumb mistakes. Of course the injuries and covid didn't help, and the refs. Actually, when you put it all together, we were lucky to win 8 games!!
Posted By: Homewood Dog Re: AFC North News and Notes Continued - 01/10/22 04:55 PM
It's 8 months until our first game of 2022. Alot will happen between now and then not only with us but with our opponents so it's almost impossible to predict outcomes of games from now. However, as we all know, if we don't address our weaknesses properly, we could be seeing another year of < than a 10 win season. It's not the toughest schedule but it's not easy either. Just my .02.
Posted By: oobernoober Re: AFC North News and Notes Continued - 01/10/22 06:03 PM
I'll say one thing... looking back on the Chargers game is very different now that we saw where our D was at the end of the season.
Posted By: CapCity Dawg Re: AFC North News and Notes Continued - 01/10/22 07:09 PM
Originally Posted by PrplPplEater
Chargers - again, I will go on the "our coaching is going to hurt us, and their QB isn't all that the media blows him up to be" bandwagon. I watched the game last night. Half of Herbert's completions were balls he just blindly chucked out there in the direction of a player.

This is the kind of pass we have shown that we cannot defend. In the slightest. Lamar does this to us all the time, and successfully.
Originally Posted by oobernoober
I'll say one thing... looking back on the Chargers game is very different now that we saw where our D was at the end of the season.

I remember in the Chargers game them going for it late in the game on 4th down with the Browns leading. There was a pass interference called when the WR grabbed the Browns CB and drug him down on top of him. If that PI was not called the Browns win that game.
Posted By: oobernoober Re: AFC North News and Notes Continued - 01/10/22 07:44 PM
There were also 2 touchdowns in the second half where our DBs just didn't go to cover their best WR. Our secondary was a confused, pathetic mess.
Posted By: THROW LONG Re: AFC North News and Notes Continued - 01/11/22 01:13 AM
Is this an example of the "whataboutism" that people talk about. Because if the Refs make the right and correct calls in the Browns vs Chargers game, the Browns win the game they had a double digit lead and got the ball back late in the game, in the other teams red zone in a game the Browns scored 42, so the Browns would have quickly gone up 17 ish, if the Referees did their job right!
(If the league wasn't butt hurt biased against Browns team success)
Posted By: THROW LONG Re: AFC North News and Notes Continued - 01/11/22 01:19 AM
In the 8 months between now and the Browns opener. Can Somebody Coach Anthony Schwartz how to be a WR that might get near 599 yards on a season?
And Can somebody Coach Anthony Schwartz how to draw a pass intereference penalty? What is the point in his "speed" anyway!
Or can they just stop and move on.
Posted By: oobernoober Re: AFC North News and Notes Continued - 01/11/22 01:49 PM
No it's not. We lost the game by 5 points, and gifted them 14 in the second half because of hilariously blown assignments in our secondary. That terrible call (a fireable offense, IMO) was NOT the reason we lost.

Seriously... on one of those gifts, Mike Williams stopped and turned around to catch the ball, then turned back and ran into the endzone. That's how not-covered he was.
Posted By: Milk Man Re: AFC North News and Notes Continued - 01/11/22 02:24 PM
j/c...

Posted By: mgh888 Re: AFC North News and Notes Continued - 01/11/22 02:26 PM
So do we give mad props to Joe Woods? Or do we think - based on how good the coverage was - the D should have been more dominant in more games? Or a little bit of both?
Posted By: mgh888 Re: AFC North News and Notes Continued - 01/11/22 02:27 PM
No it's not. We lost the game by 5 points, and gifted them 14 in the second half because of hilariously blown assignments in our secondary. That terrible call (a fireable offense, IMO) was NOT the reason we lost.

Seriously... on one of those gifts, Mike Williams stopped and turned around to catch the ball, then turned back and ran into the endzone. That's how not-covered he was.

It wasn't the Refs - it wasn't the D ... it was BAKER's fault. Everyone knows that.
Posted By: oobernoober Re: AFC North News and Notes Continued - 01/11/22 02:38 PM
Originally Posted by mgh888
So do we give mad props to Joe Woods? Or do we think - based on how good the coverage was - the D should have been more dominant in more games? Or a little bit of both?

They were horri-bad to start the year. That 'L' is on Woods (IMO), but so is the turnaround. That number, to me, is extra impressive because it has the first 1/4 of the year dragging it down.
Posted By: PrplPplEater Re: AFC North News and Notes Continued - 01/11/22 02:40 PM

We give props to Woods while wishing they'd all come together and gotten things rolling a lot sooner. They simply took a few too many weeks to gel and really understand what they were supposed to be doing.
I'd like to say that next year will be better, but next year is its own animal.
Posted By: mgh888 Re: AFC North News and Notes Continued - 01/11/22 02:44 PM
I still think we are going to need some pieces on D - an impact ILB would be nice, the DL is in flux based on free agents and injury. . . . but we are very nearly there.
Posted By: CapCity Dawg Re: AFC North News and Notes Continued - 01/11/22 04:28 PM
Having a highly-rated defense while still having a losing record is the plan on how Woods is trying to run Mayfield out of town.
Posted By: jfanent Re: AFC North News and Notes Continued - 01/11/22 04:43 PM
Originally Posted by PrplPplEater
[quote=mgh888]

We give props to Woods while wishing they'd all come together and gotten things rolling a lot sooner. They simply took a few too many weeks to gel and really understand what they were supposed to be doing.
I'd like to say that next year will be better, but next year is its own animal.

Woods had his work cut out for him. We had a lot of young and new blood in that secondary that never played together before. Newsome, LeCounte, Delpit, Williams, Hill and Johnson didn't even play for us the previous season. The "seasoned" vets were Ward, Harrison, Stewart and Green (who spent most of last year on the practice squad).
Posted By: oobernoober Re: AFC North News and Notes Continued - 01/11/22 04:52 PM
If that were the case, then more PT during preseason would've been the move, IMO. IIRC, they even said that practices were sufficient in getting them up to speed, and they didn't need to risk injury playing in PS. That mistake directly led to at least 2 losses (KC and Chargers). Woods and his D more than made up for this in the later half of the season, but I can only call it like I see it.
Posted By: Jester Re: AFC North News and Notes Continued - 01/11/22 04:55 PM
I think all in all the defense gelled nicely and was pretty good. My issue with the defense is that when we needed one play to make a stop on a key drive, they never/rarely made that stop.
Posted By: jfanent Re: AFC North News and Notes Continued - 01/11/22 04:55 PM
Yep. The miscommunication and lack of chemistry was obvious early on.
Posted By: PitDAWG Re: AFC North News and Notes Continued - 01/11/22 06:14 PM
It was said many times by many posters that with that many new pieces it would take time for the D to gel. There are contracts in place that limit the amount of time coaches can require players to practice.

Intensity and tempo of drills should be at a level conducive to learning, with player safty as the highest priority.

Offseason Rules

Phase One | 4 hours a day.
Phase Two | 4 hours a day.
Phase Three | 6 hours a day.
Minicamp | 10 hours a day.

https://nflpa.com/active-players/off-season-rules

It played out exactly the way realistic expectations thought it would. I know we suffered a losing season but trying to place blame on a very good defensive coordinator who really whipped this group into shape isn't the answer to any of it.
Posted By: oobernoober Re: AFC North News and Notes Continued - 01/11/22 06:30 PM
I know we suffered a losing season but trying to place blame on a very good defensive coordinator who really whipped this group into shape isn't the answer to any of it.

Who is saying this (not a rhetorical question, btw)? I blame Woods for those 2 losses. If a realistic expectation is for them to not be ready until they had a certain number of games under their belt, then higher than a 0% participation rate of defensive starters in preseason would've been warranted.
Posted By: PitDAWG Re: AFC North News and Notes Continued - 01/11/22 06:38 PM
IIRC, they even said that practices were sufficient in getting them up to speed, and they didn't need to risk injury playing in PS. That mistake directly led to at least 2 losses (KC and Chargers).

It appears to me that you said it and the math also says it. We have a record of 8-9. Two more wins would have given us a record of 10-7. That changes it from a losing season to a winning season.
Posted By: mgh888 Re: AFC North News and Notes Continued - 01/11/22 06:47 PM
Originally Posted by jfanent
Woods had his work cut out for him. We had a lot of young and new blood in that secondary that never played together before. Newsome, LeCounte, Delpit, Williams, Hill and Johnson didn't even play for us the previous season. The "seasoned" vets were Ward, Harrison, Stewart and Green (who spent most of last year on the practice squad).

Seeing some of these names is quite the spark of optimism. JOK looks like a stud in the making, Newsome was very good, Delphit flashed a lot, Ward had another quietly excellent season, Stewart played very solid when given opportunity. Greedy was a little inconsistent but showed some ability. Harrison and Johnson might have been the most disappointing out of the lot - I think another year and Johnson should bloom. Hope we can keep Clowney to complement MG on the other side.
Posted By: oobernoober Re: AFC North News and Notes Continued - 01/11/22 06:51 PM
I'm only blaming Woods and the D for those 2 losses (maybe there were additional, similar losses). There were also games we lost in spite of the defense where I blame KS, Baker, etc.

Maybe a way to frame what I'm saying is to also point out that we are NOT a playoff caliber team right now, whether or not we win those 2 games, and that is in spite of the D.
Posted By: PitDAWG Re: AFC North News and Notes Continued - 01/11/22 07:05 PM
I will repeat, with two more wins we would have had a winning season and not a losing season. You 'directly blame" those two losses on Woods. And while you now say "we were not a playoff caliber team", which I agree with BTW, with those two wins we would have made the playoffs. It is what it is.
Posted By: oobernoober Re: AFC North News and Notes Continued - 01/11/22 08:11 PM
2 more wins would've put us in the playoffs, yes. The D is responsible for 2 losses that should've been wins. The O is also responsible for several (for argument's sake, I'll limit it to the most recent Pitt game and the Ravens loss) losses that should've been wins.

So yes, the D is to blame for those two losses. No, the D is not to blame for the losing season.
Posted By: PitDAWG Re: AFC North News and Notes Continued - 01/11/22 08:26 PM
So if those two losses would have been two wins we would not have had a winning season and made the playoffs?
Posted By: FloridaFan Re: AFC North News and Notes Continued - 01/11/22 08:41 PM
So if those two losses would have been two wins we would not have had a winning season and made the playoffs?

If you want to be technical then yes, but then you also have to figure out how many games the D won that the O did not.
Posted By: PitDAWG Re: AFC North News and Notes Continued - 01/11/22 08:46 PM
Actually I have given the D credit for some time now. I think the calls we see for Woods job are stupid. If it had been me making the post blaming the D for those two losses I would have given them the credit for the wins as well. But I didn't make the post. It's why I was surprised the way the post was framed.
Posted By: oobernoober Re: AFC North News and Notes Continued - 01/11/22 08:49 PM
Who is calling for Woods' job? Honestly, which posters?

As for blaming the D for the losses and crediting them for when they played well enough to win (but didn't due to the O)... that's exactly what I did.
Posted By: oobernoober Re: AFC North News and Notes Continued - 01/11/22 08:53 PM

If any 2 losses had been wins (ex. the Baltimore game where the D caused 4 turnovers, or the Pitt or Raiders game where O only scored 14) then we would've had a winning season. I'm not sure how many other ways I could (or should) explain a very simple concept.

You seem hell bent on putting words in my mouth regarding our D.
Posted By: jfanent Re: AFC North News and Notes Continued - 01/11/22 09:40 PM

If any 2 losses had been wins (ex. the Baltimore game where the D caused 4 turnovers, or the Pitt or Raiders game where O only scored 14) then we would've had a winning season. I'm not sure how many other ways I could (or should) explain a very simple concept.

You seem hell bent on putting words in my mouth regarding our D.

Actually, if any 1 loss had been a win, we would've had a winning season.
Posted By: Damanshot Re: AFC North News and Notes Continued - 01/11/22 10:52 PM
Originally Posted by CapCity Dawg
Having a highly-rated defense while still having a losing record is the plan on how Woods is trying to run Mayfield out of town.

Geez
Posted By: Ballpeen Re: AFC North News and Notes Continued - 01/12/22 12:32 PM

Are we sure we are talking about the D?

My thinking is it might be punts and kicks. We were pretty solid in that area.
© DawgTalkers.net