DawgTalkers.net
Posted By: cfrs15 Coach movement - 01/10/22 08:46 PM

When was the last time we had the same coaching staff three years in a row?
Posted By: clwb419 Re: Coach movement - 01/10/22 08:59 PM
I'm not sure if we have a quality control coach (or staff), but if we do I'd like to see an upgrade. If we don't, it is clear we need one that holds Offensive and Defensive playcallers, player execution, and game planning accountable. I think we can all agree play calling, game planning, and stupid mistakes hindered this team.

I'm not a Joe Woods fan, but the defense showed improvements overall and the team made good adjustments at halftime. Would love to see more aggressiveness, but I'm ok with keeping him another year.
Posted By: jaybird Re: Coach movement - 01/10/22 11:33 PM
What the hell are the Dolphins doing??? They finish 8-1 down the stretch and were 1 game from the playoffs and they fire their coach?? Crazy
Posted By: cfrs15 Re: Coach movement - 01/10/22 11:35 PM
Originally Posted by jaybird
What the hell are the Dolphins doing??? They finish 8-1 down the stretch and were 1 game from the playoffs and they fire their coach?? Crazy

There was supposedly some strife between Flores and the GM.

You know you made a horrible move when the guy you fire immediately becomes the best coach on the market.
Posted By: THROW LONG Re: Coach movement - 01/11/22 12:28 AM
Brian Flores! Dolphins HC, WGGTG as a consultant or a director of 2ndary how to play on gamedays or something.
Posted By: MemphisBrownie Re: Coach movement - 01/11/22 12:54 AM

And Flores and Tua as well.
Posted By: Milk Man Re: Coach movement - 01/11/22 01:12 AM
j/c...

Not a coach, but FO...

Posted By: cfrs15 Re: Coach movement - 01/11/22 01:21 AM
If someone hires Kwesi and/or Cook we get a third round pick.
Posted By: jfanent Re: Coach movement - 01/11/22 03:09 AM
Originally Posted by MemphisBrownie

And Flores and Tua as well.

How cool would it be if he won coach of the year?
Posted By: Dawgs4Life Re: Coach movement - 01/11/22 01:36 PM
Sounds like Joe Judge is back … maybe. Lol the Giants are such a cluster
Posted By: FATE Re: Coach movement - 01/11/22 04:42 PM
Originally Posted by cfrs15
I thought it was (2) 3rd round picks?
Posted By: cfrs15 Re: Coach movement - 01/11/22 05:16 PM
Originally Posted by FATE

You’re right!

If both Kwesi and Cook got hired we would get four third round picks (two in 2022, two in 2023).
Posted By: MemphisBrownie Re: Coach movement - 01/11/22 05:19 PM

You’re right!

If both Kwesi and Cook got hired we would get four third round picks (two in 2022, two in 2023).

Talk about a a cool version of the term "compensatory picks".
Posted By: Dawgs4Life Re: Coach movement - 01/11/22 05:35 PM
Well lets hope they get hired!
Posted By: cfrs15 Re: Coach movement - 01/11/22 05:37 PM
Originally Posted by Dawgs4Life

It’s a true win-win. If they get hired we get compensated. If they don’t get hired we get to keep highly competent people in our front office.
Posted By: Frenchy Re: Coach movement - 01/11/22 07:07 PM
If I’m hiring a new head coach:

1. Brian Flores
2a. Eric Bienemy
2b. Byron Leftwich

Most of the names out there are retreads, definitely not hiring Dabol.
Posted By: cfrs15 Re: Coach movement - 01/11/22 07:09 PM
Originally Posted by Frenchy
If I’m hiring a new head coach:

1. Brian Flores
2a. Eric Bienemy
2b. Byron Leftwich

Most of the names out there are retreads, definitely not hiring Dabol.

I’d throw everything at Flores also. He’s clearly the best guy available.
Posted By: PitDAWG Re: Coach movement - 01/11/22 07:11 PM
So you would go after a guy who was just let go because he couldn't get along with his QB or his GM?
Posted By: cfrs15 Re: Coach movement - 01/11/22 07:17 PM
Originally Posted by PitDAWG
So you would go after a guy who was just let go because he couldn't get along with his QB or his GM?

Or was it his QB and GM who couldn’t get along with him? I don’t know the details. I just know the Dolphins played way better than I expected them to over Flores tenure.
Posted By: Dave Re: Coach movement - 01/11/22 07:23 PM
Flores reportedly interviewing with the Bears today. He might end up being out of work for about 36 hours.
Posted By: SuperBrown Re: Coach movement - 01/11/22 07:24 PM
Anyone have the inside scoop on why Miami tossed Flores?
Posted By: mgh888 Re: Coach movement - 01/11/22 07:24 PM
Originally Posted by Dave
Flores reportedly interviewing with the Bears today. He might end up being out of work for about 36 hours.

Flores being fired was stupid. The GM keeping his job who took Tua over Herbert ... equally so.
Posted By: THROW LONG Re: Coach movement - 01/11/22 07:30 PM
Originally Posted by Dawgs4Life
I've hated so much about the Browns past 3rd round picks, I hope they trade them all to move up in the First!!!

The Browns are not a low talent expansion team. The Browns started 2021 top 3 in the entire NFL in talent. What the heck are they going to do with 5 3rd round picks? They don't need any more Jordan Elliotts, 1 is enough, more than enough imo.

3rd round picks are not 3rd round picks!
3rd round picks are flat out not what they were when the draft only had 28 teams and not all of the add ons of extras.
3rd rounders are the sweet/spot (actually Sour) of where teams get 5th round talent, and it get's treated like 1st round and it's NOT, and the Team Suffers!
Posted By: PitDAWG Re: Coach movement - 01/11/22 07:37 PM
So he won all of those games with Tua as his QB and now th GM was stupid to pick Tua? It seems like some people want it both ways. "Well the QB is the wrong guy but the HC did great with him anyway".

The math on that one doesn't add up.
Posted By: leadtheway Re: Coach movement - 01/11/22 07:38 PM

Or was it his QB and GM who couldn’t get along with him? I don’t know the details. I just know the Dolphins played way better than I expected them to over Flores tenure.

Especially since the GM and QB both suck, can't blame a guy like Flores who comes from patriot pedigree to not want to deal with that nonsense. The player/pundit reaction says it all.. Flores should feel relieved to get away from that joke of a franchise. I'd take Flores over stefanski this second without a second thought. Dude gets the most out of everyone. If you win 7 games in a row and Tua is your QB, you're not a good coach, youre a miracle worker
Posted By: PitDAWG Re: Coach movement - 01/11/22 07:40 PM
Or was it his QB and GM who couldn’t get along with him? I don’t know the details.

I’d throw everything at Flores also. He’s clearly the best guy available.

For someone who doesn't know the details it sure looks like you've made up your mind.
Posted By: oobernoober Re: Coach movement - 01/11/22 08:16 PM

If that GM was the same guy that thought Adam Gase was a good idea, and if that QB was Tua... I wouldn't worry too much about it.
Posted By: PitDAWG Re: Coach movement - 01/11/22 08:28 PM
I'm glad that Flores single handedly won all of those games in a row.
Posted By: FloridaFan Re: Coach movement - 01/11/22 08:29 PM
So he won all of those games with Tua as his QB and now th GM was stupid to pick Tua? It seems like some people want it both ways. "Well the QB is the wrong guy but the HC did great with him anyway".

I'd say Miami won more thanks to their Defense, from my perspective watching the games.
Posted By: PitDAWG Re: Coach movement - 01/11/22 08:34 PM
In their last six games they scored over 30 points or more in half of them. I'd say it was pretty even in terms of their offense having very good production.
Posted By: oobernoober Re: Coach movement - 01/11/22 08:46 PM
So you're saying he was just along for the ride?
Posted By: mgh888 Re: Coach movement - 01/11/22 09:19 PM

Why don't you just state your opinion of the HC, the GM.

Once you have done that you can defend your apparent position that picking Tua ahead of Herbert was a good selection.
Posted By: cfrs15 Re: Coach movement - 01/11/22 10:33 PM

Joe Judge blew his one shot as a head coach because he couldn’t stop lying in press conferences (among many other things).
Posted By: Damanshot Re: Coach movement - 01/11/22 10:47 PM

You know you made a horrible move when the guy you fire immediately becomes the best coach on the market.

Also there seemed to be an issue between Flores and Taglevola (yeah, I butchered the spelling.....)
Posted By: GratefulDawg Re: Coach movement - 01/11/22 11:06 PM
Posted By: cfrs15 Re: Coach movement - 01/11/22 11:14 PM
Posted By: MemphisBrownie Re: Coach movement - 01/11/22 11:41 PM
This all begins and ends with Gettleman's dumb ass who just "retired". Yes, folks, the same Gettleman that bested Dorsey twice within a handful of days in trades.
Posted By: Milk Man Re: Coach movement - 01/11/22 11:58 PM
j/c...

With all the coaches and assistants getting canned around the league...here's a quick throwback story to when Chudzinski got the boot. What a good guy!

https://twitter.com/WFNYScott/status/1480690121276117000
Posted By: MemphisBrownie Re: Coach movement - 01/12/22 12:03 AM
Originally Posted by Milk Man
j/c...

With all the coaches and assistants getting canned around the league...here's a quick throwback story to when Chudzinski got the boot. What a good guy!

I saw this the other day. He is a good human.
Posted By: AZBrown Re: Coach movement - 01/12/22 12:07 AM
j/c...

I wish it had worked out for him here. I really wanted him to succeed (beyond the fact that he was our coach).
Posted By: Homewood Dog Re: Coach movement - 01/12/22 12:17 AM
It probably would have . Chud didn't get much of a chance.
Posted By: Dave Re: Coach movement - 01/12/22 12:17 AM
Chud was an awesome OC for the 2007 Browns. He should have gotten more than 1 year as HC.
Posted By: Milk Man Re: Coach movement - 01/12/22 05:32 AM
j/c...

The Nerds are taking over football. I dig it.

Yale guy. On the Browns staff when Shanahan was OC in 2014.

Dolphins requested interview for HC position.

Posted By: PitDAWG Re: Coach movement - 01/12/22 02:29 PM
There's no argument to be made for either and that's the point here. They are second year QB's that aren't even fully developed and have had very different coaches and systems. To claim you can foresee a QB's career and success, or lack there of based on his first two seasons in the league is fools gold. Just ask drew Brees.
Posted By: eotab Re: Coach movement - 01/13/22 12:16 PM

Joe Judge blew his one shot as a head coach because he couldn’t stop lying in press conferences (among many other things).

heard he was going to now run for Governor of NY.
Posted By: mgh888 Re: Coach movement - 01/13/22 01:08 PM
Chud was an awesome OC for the 2007 Browns. He should have gotten more than 1 year as HC.

Maybe teams quitting on coaches at the end of seasons is over rated? But the team quit on Chud - it was a terrible look for a bad team, and new ownership , no matter who, was always going to replace him.
Posted By: Milk Man Re: Coach movement - 01/13/22 08:16 PM
j/c....

Made millions and will make millions more over the next few years to be the sacrificial placeholder this season in Houston. Well done, David!

Posted By: Milk Man Re: Coach movement - 01/13/22 08:18 PM
Oh no! Still a good payday.

Posted By: cfrs15 Re: Coach movement - 01/13/22 08:18 PM
According to Schefter only two of his five years were guaranteed. It’s still way more than he would have made as a receiver coach.
Posted By: cfrs15 Re: Coach movement - 01/13/22 08:19 PM
The Texans pretty clearly overachieved. I will never forget Culley for declining a penalty to punt against us. Stefanski was so confused.
Posted By: MemphisBrownie Re: Coach movement - 01/14/22 12:41 AM
j/c....

Made millions and will make millions more over the next few years to be the sacrificial placeholder this season in Houston. Well done, David!

I feel like he knew it was a one year gig too.
Posted By: jaybird Re: Coach movement - 01/14/22 12:47 AM
Only surprise was he didn't get fired on Monday...
Posted By: cfrs15 Re: Coach movement - 01/14/22 01:09 AM
j/c....

I feel like he knew it was a one year gig too.

After the statement that he released I feel like his is true.
Posted By: jaybird Re: Coach movement - 01/14/22 11:34 PM
He was/is a really nice and upstanding guy... which is one of the main reasons they brought him in..... but don't think they ever wanted him long term (hence the two year guarantee) and he made a lot of questionable calls

on another note I'm really hoping Leftwich gets a shot at HC somewhere this year...
Posted By: DeisleDawg Re: Coach movement - 01/15/22 12:17 AM
j/c....

Can we put together a Dawg Talkers coaching staff, get hired by a NFL team and fired after a year and then we can all hang out worry free enjoying telling each other on the board whose fault it was beacuse ya don't know crap !! lol would be a fun time !
Posted By: Milk Man Re: Coach movement - 01/15/22 10:09 PM
j/c...

Huh.

Posted By: cfrs15 Re: Coach movement - 01/15/22 11:06 PM
How in charge is Caserio? I hope not very because that means Easterby is still in charge and Easterby being in charge is the most funny thing possible.
Posted By: jaybird Re: Coach movement - 01/16/22 03:03 AM
What a dumpster fire

Hines Ward..... Offensive Assistant for the Jets and WR coach for Florida Atlantic... let's interview him for our HC position!!!!
Posted By: OldColdDawg Re: Coach movement - 01/16/22 04:43 PM
Hines ward will just smile other teams to death.
Posted By: Dawgs4Life Re: Coach movement - 01/16/22 11:31 PM
Originally Posted by OldColdDawg
Haha i hated that smile
Posted By: FrankZ Re: Coach movement - 01/17/22 12:20 AM

Or blind side block em to then act like he's tough.
Posted By: cfrs15 Re: Coach movement - 01/17/22 11:02 PM
Posted By: steve0255 Re: Coach movement - 01/18/22 08:38 PM
Interesting article on Zimmer and the Vikings - Stefanski would be advised to adjust his coaching stye - times have changed and Vikings Management is listening.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/nf...era/ar-AASSs6V?ocid=msedgdhp&pc=U531
Posted By: cfrs15 Re: Coach movement - 01/18/22 10:02 PM
Originally Posted by steve0255
Interesting article on Zimmer and the Vikings - Stefanski would be advised to adjust his coaching stye - times have changed and Vikings Management is listening.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/nf...era/ar-AASSs6V?ocid=msedgdhp&pc=U531

I read this whole thing and have no idea how it relates to Stefanski other than that he used to work for the Vikings.
Posted By: SuperBrown Re: Coach movement - 01/18/22 10:37 PM
I read this whole thing and have no idea how it relates to Stefanski other than that he used to work for the Vikings.

Regardless, Stefanski needs to draw up an offense for the 21st century instead of his 20th century offense.
Posted By: mgh888 Re: Coach movement - 01/18/22 10:40 PM
Originally Posted by SuperBrown
Regardless, Stefanski needs to draw up an offense for the 21st century instead his 20th century offense.

Everything is cyclical - wait long enough and we will be cutting edge.
Posted By: cfrs15 Re: Coach movement - 01/18/22 11:00 PM

Regardless, Stefanski needs to draw up an offense for the 21st century instead of his 20th century offense.

Stefanski's offense is the exact same offense the 49ers, Packers, Rams, Titans, and Falcons run.
Posted By: mgh888 Re: Coach movement - 01/18/22 11:19 PM
Well "exact same" is not true/accurate.... the concept might be the same. The principals on which it is based might be the same. But they are not duplicates. The other difference is how the plays are called and managed - which is most definitely not the same. I have not seen enough Falcons or TN games to say - but 49ers, Pack and Rams all call WAY more aggressive game plans than KS does. That's significant and has a tremendous impact..... To be fair, the injury to Baker and the team this year truly impacted what plays we were able to call. I've said it elsewhere - I think all of us under-appreciate just how badly the entire team was hit and what difference it made.
Posted By: cfrs15 Re: Coach movement - 01/18/22 11:37 PM
Originally Posted by mgh888
Well "exact same" is not true/accurate.... the concept might be the same. The principals on which it is based might be the same. But they are not duplicates. The other difference is how the plays are called and managed - which is most definitely not the same. I have not seen enough Falcons or TN games to say - but 49ers, Pack and Rams all call WAY more aggressive game plans than KS does. That's significant and has a tremendous impact..... To be fair, the injury to Baker and the team this year truly impacted what plays we were able to call. I've said it elsewhere - I think all of us under-appreciate just how badly the entire team was hit and what difference it made.

You are correct. I should have said system instead of offense. As for aggressiveness, I don't know if that is true. Rams and 49ers fans are always complaining about Shanahan and McVay being too conservative. The Packers have Rodgers so they are in a completely different class with regards to basically everything.
Posted By: oobernoober Re: Coach movement - 01/18/22 11:49 PM
It's same/similar offense as San Francisco runs.

Where (I think) they run circles around us in terms of offensive identity is playcalling. Another similarity is that the 9ers have also tended to fall apart when the injury bug hits.
Posted By: Milk Man Re: Coach movement - 01/19/22 12:54 AM
Originally Posted by mgh888

You are correct. I should have said system instead of offense. As for aggressiveness, I don't know if that is true. Rams and 49ers fans are always complaining about Shanahan and McVay being too conservative. The Packers have Rodgers so they are in a completely different class with regards to basically everything.

The wide-zone scheme is extremely QB friendly and you are right that the Packers with Rodgers are the standard. While the scheme is QB friendly, the play-calling is limited by what the QB can do. Rodgers can make every throw, throw off platform and create out of structure. Guys like Goff and Garoppolo limit the ceiling for the offense and there's good reason both teams looked to upgrade the QB position with the 49ers drafting Trey Lance and the Rams trading for Stafford. Stafford can make throws that Goff could never make.

The Titans have done a great job getting everything they can out of Tannehill and he may be maxed out on how far he can take the team. I don't think anyone thinks he can lead them to a Super Bowl, but he can win some games in the playoffs.

The system can make below average QBs look average, average QBs look good, good QBs look great and great QBs elite. It certainly maximizes the position.

Good read on the teams that you've mentioned and the use of the wide-zone scheme...

https://web.northeastern.edu/gamepl...test-new-offensive-scheme-so-successful/
Posted By: steve0255 Re: Coach movement - 01/19/22 01:38 AM
The point is the scheme is wrong or if you won't accept that then the play calling is horrid. None of the teams listed except for TEN can match the Browns run offense. Every one of those teams including SFO has a better pass offense. The Browns offense is predictable and does not get adjusted no matter the circumstances. Now the Browns have one of the weakest WR groups in the entire NFL with Landry being the top PFF receiver for the Browns at #73 out of a 131 WR's rated. The lack of use of our TE's skill sets has given the Browns one of the poorest TE receiving groups in the NFL. This all falls on Stefanski's shoulders who was mentored by Zimmer., Stefanski has taken Zimmer's scheme and enhanced it to the point the Browns passing game is now in the bottom 25% of the league. All this with a QB that broke Peyton Mannings rookie record for TD's. Mayfield's pass attempts have dropped each year since Stefanski arrived. It's impossible to have a chemistry with your WR's and TE's when you're reducing the number of attempts each year which has a tremendous impact on the accuracy of the passing game and actually goes against the wide-zone scheme when playing 2 and 3 TE sets as much as the Browns do under Stefanski.
Posted By: SuperBrown Re: Coach movement - 01/19/22 02:39 AM

Stefanski's offense is the exact same offense the 49ers, Packers, Rams, Titans, and Falcons run.

Well, I guess we are in the playoffs like the 49ers, Rams & Titans are.

Falcons didn't quite make it, but I'm sure that was just an anomaly.

Thanks for your help.
Posted By: PitDAWG Re: Coach movement - 01/19/22 03:58 PM
Yeah, we should have been throwing a lot more this year with an injured QB.
Posted By: cfrs15 Re: Coach movement - 01/21/22 11:17 PM

This is pretty big news within our division. Let’s hope they screw the hire up (they won’t).
Posted By: Dave Re: Coach movement - 01/21/22 11:18 PM
Defensive coordinator Wink Martindale out in Baltimore

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.c...h-defensive-coordinator-wink-martindale/
Posted By: Dave Re: Coach movement - 01/21/22 11:55 PM
We might wanna get this guy. Check out the link.

https://footballfilmroom.com/2021/05/06/ravens-defense-will-continue-to-thrive-on-chaos/
Posted By: YTownBrownsFan Re: Coach movement - 01/21/22 11:57 PM
That's insane. He's a great DC, and did a great job with much of his defense on IR.
Posted By: cfrs15 Re: Coach movement - 01/22/22 12:35 AM

He’s great. Starting over on defense when we finally have continuity doesn’t seem wise.
Posted By: Dave Re: Coach movement - 01/22/22 12:38 AM

He’s great. Starting over on defense when we finally have continuity doesn’t seem wise.

But I want chaos when we're on defense. The good kind, where it happens to the other team, not us.
Posted By: cfrs15 Re: Coach movement - 01/22/22 12:43 AM

But I want chaos when we're on defense. The good kind, where it happens to the other team, not us.

Starting over from scratch with a completely different scheme that doesn’t fit our personnel doesn’t seem like it would create the right kind of chaos.
Posted By: Dave Re: Coach movement - 01/22/22 12:50 AM
I'm willing to be educated on that. It just seems like we could implement a version of that kind of defense with players like Koramoah, Phillips, and Delpit.
Posted By: OldColdDawg Re: Coach movement - 01/22/22 01:12 AM
This would be trading up from our current DC, Woods, for sure. I think he got the minimum this defense was capable of this year. And I would really like somebody that knows how to blitz going forward.
Posted By: SuperBrown Re: Coach movement - 01/22/22 06:51 AM
[Linked Image from alchetron.com]
Posted By: PitDAWG Re: Coach movement - 01/22/22 04:36 PM
You want to replace the most productive coach we have on the coaching staff. Only in Cleveland.
Posted By: cfrs15 Re: Coach movement - 01/24/22 06:20 PM

This seems like a wise move for them to make.
Posted By: Hammer Re: Coach movement - 01/24/22 08:48 PM
Especially if they want to bring Rodgers and Adams along, too.
Posted By: cfrs15 Re: Coach movement - 01/24/22 09:46 PM
Originally Posted by Hammer

(That was my point.)

Adams isn’t going anywhere. The Packers will either sign him to an extension or franchise him. He especially isn’t going anywhere with Rodgers because whoever trades for Rodgers will be giving up several first round picks to get him.
Posted By: Damanshot Re: Coach movement - 01/24/22 11:26 PM
Originally Posted by YTownBrownsFan
That's insane. He's a great DC, and did a great job with much of his defense on IR.

He was only there a few years.. I thought Ravens D was pretty tough, so what was the problem.. Issues between Wink and the HC? My first question is, does he bring more baggage than he's worth? Honestly, I don't know the answer,, But by all outward appearances, he's a hell of a coach....
Posted By: superbowldogg Re: Coach movement - 01/24/22 11:27 PM
Originally Posted by Hammer

(That was my point.)

Adams isn’t going anywhere. The Packers will either sign him to an extension or franchise him. He especially isn’t going anywhere with Rodgers because whoever trades for Rodgers will be giving up several first round picks to get him.

His cap hit is 46 mill in 2022 if he stays and his dead cap is 26 mill if he is traded prior to June 1. After, June 1 it's 19.2 mill in 2022 and $7.7 million in 2023. The league's new year starts march 16th at pm. (they have to be under the cap at this moment)

The draft is April 20-30

no one will trade several picks for Rodgers in June. They may trade a late-round pick in June.

He really has GB by the cheese because it is after the draft or free agency will want to trade 2023 assets for him. Plus, he won' have the offseason to learn an offense and a GM won't have time to draft players to make a run for the SB.

whoever wrote this deal really was very intentional and a total savage.

I could see Rodgers retiring after the draft on May 1 because he would really, really stick it to GB
Posted By: Damanshot Re: Coach movement - 01/24/22 11:32 PM
I once thought that the Stafford deal would ever happen.. Shocked the hell out of me. So does that mean anything is possible? I think so
Posted By: cfrs15 Re: Coach movement - 01/24/22 11:36 PM
Teams have been willing to eat dead cap way more than ever before the last couple of seasons.
Posted By: OldColdDawg Re: Coach movement - 01/25/22 12:24 AM
You want to replace the most productive coach we have on the coaching staff. Only in Cleveland.

If WOODS is the best coach we have, blow it all up now. smdh. Woods sucks. The talent is there, that's what you saw. Now we need a DC that knows how to use it and BLITZ.
Posted By: cfrs15 Re: Coach movement - 01/25/22 12:40 AM

If WOODS is the best coach we have, blow it all up now. smdh. Woods sucks. The talent is there, that's what you saw. Now we need a DC that knows how to use it and BLITZ.

🤦‍♂️
Posted By: Dave Re: Coach movement - 01/25/22 01:17 AM

🤦‍♂️

What is that?
Posted By: OldColdDawg Re: Coach movement - 01/25/22 01:17 AM
rolleyes
Posted By: FATE Re: Coach movement - 01/25/22 01:30 AM

🤦‍♂️

What is that?
Two square boxes on my screen.
Posted By: Milk Man Re: Coach movement - 01/25/22 01:37 AM

🤦‍♂️

What is that?
Two square boxes on my screen.

Facepalm emoji!
Posted By: Dave Re: Coach movement - 01/25/22 01:41 AM
Oh great, cfrs is in minimalist mode. Words are too expensive.
Posted By: eotab Re: Coach movement - 01/25/22 01:24 PM

This seems like a wise move for them to make.

What's a Nat Hackett??? excuse my ignorance but who the heck is this guy???
Posted By: Milk Man Re: Coach movement - 01/25/22 06:06 PM
j/c...

Posted By: cfrs15 Re: Coach movement - 01/25/22 06:49 PM

Well then.
Posted By: Dave Re: Coach movement - 01/25/22 06:51 PM
Posted By: Milk Man Re: Coach movement - 01/25/22 07:00 PM
I am guessing Sean Payton is going to the broadcast booth with Al Michaels and Troy Aikman both likely to go to to Amazon to broadcast Thursday Night Football games.

He'll make as much or more in the booth without all the headache.
Posted By: cfrs15 Re: Coach movement - 01/25/22 07:01 PM
I am guessing Sean Paytonis going to the broadcast booth with Al Michaels and Troy Aikman both likely to go to to Amazon to broadcast Thursday Night Football games.

He'll make as much or more in the booth without all the headache.

Posted By: MemphisBrownie Re: Coach movement - 01/25/22 08:59 PM
j/c:

The optics of this are rather funny for a few reasons. That said, he's probably been interviewed 11 times already, though.
Posted By: OldColdDawg Re: Coach movement - 01/25/22 09:54 PM
If Williams takes it, I bet he does well.
Posted By: cfrs15 Re: Coach movement - 01/25/22 10:38 PM
If Williams takes it, I bet he does well.

If Williams takes it, like teams are banging down the door to hire him for any position let alone head coach.

(Also, it’s a parody account. No one is hiring Gregg Williams because he is a terrible coach and person.)
Posted By: OldColdDawg Re: Coach movement - 01/25/22 11:24 PM
Didn't realize it's a parody account, but I thought Williams would make a good head coach. Meh. And if he takes it has nothing to do with rather they are or aren't knocking his door down. Guess now I have to keep up with NFL parody accounts too. As if Devin Nunes Cow wasn't enough, smdh.
Posted By: SuperBrown Re: Coach movement - 01/26/22 12:08 AM
Originally Posted by eotab
What's a Nat Hackett??? excuse my ignorance but who the heck is this guy???

Copyright Infringement eo.... rofl
Posted By: Milk Man Re: Coach movement - 01/26/22 03:36 AM
j/c...

Posted By: oobernoober Re: Coach movement - 01/26/22 02:45 PM
Williams seems like the kind of coach that can come in and do really well, but can't seem to sustain it. In all honesty, he could be a good get for someone like the Jags (or a team that's looking to turn the corner.
Posted By: jaybird Re: Coach movement - 01/27/22 02:19 AM
Hope he does well... always liked Leftwich
Posted By: PrplPplEater Re: Coach movement - 01/27/22 02:34 PM
That's very cool. And, man, he and Vrabel sure are fast-risers, aren't they??!!
Posted By: Milk Man Re: Coach movement - 01/27/22 03:15 PM
j/c...

Posted By: Milk Man Re: Coach movement - 01/27/22 04:21 PM
Adam Schefter
@AdamSchefter
Former Colts’ defensive coordinator Matt Eberflus is being hired as the head coach of the Chicago Bears, per sources.

https://twitter.com/AdamSchefter/status/1486728596987133963
Posted By: cfrs15 Re: Coach movement - 01/27/22 04:59 PM
Adam Schefter
@AdamSchefter
Former Colts’ defensive coordinator Matt Eberflus is being hired as the head coach of the Chicago Bears, per sources.

https://twitter.com/AdamSchefter/status/1486728596987133963

Former Browns linebackers coach.
Posted By: PETE314 Re: Coach movement - 01/28/22 02:39 PM
So, as far as I know, we are looking for a Defensive Line Coach. Unless they were to add a co-defensive coordinator tag to that, I seriously doubt we have a shot at Martindale. And maybe even not then. HOWEVER, Wink is more of a LB coach has been his whole career for the most part. So not sure it is the best fit anyway. The news that I have heard is that the Ravens and Martindale could not come to terms with an extension...

So who are/should we be looking at to replace Kiffin at DL coach????
Posted By: PrplPplEater Re: Coach movement - 01/28/22 05:08 PM
Originally Posted by PETE314
So, as far as I know, we are looking for a Defensive Line Coach. Unless they were to add a co-defensive coordinator tag to that, I seriously doubt we have a shot at Martindale. And maybe even not then. HOWEVER, Wink is more of a LB coach has been his whole career for the most part. So not sure it is the best fit anyway. The news that I have heard is that the Ravens and Martindale could not come to terms with an extension...

So who are/should we be looking at to replace Kiffin at DL coach????

I'd bet that Woods and Stefanski both have their own short lists and Berry is going over them.
I wouldn't be shocked in the least if whomever it is comes from either the Minnesota or 49ers... or, perhaps someone from his time in Denver when he was the D-Coord there. They had a pretty stout defense there in Denver and I could easily see Woods wanting someone that came up through the ranks under Bill Kollar, who has been the DLine Coach there since 2015, and has learned the ins and outs of how he coaches.
Posted By: PitDAWG Re: Coach movement - 01/28/22 05:30 PM
Getting someone they have a history with and is familiar with our system makes the most sense by far.
Posted By: cfrs15 Re: Coach movement - 01/28/22 06:04 PM
https://www.vikings.com/team/coaches-roster/andre-patterson

^ This guy makes some sense. He was in Minnesota with Stefanski. He also coached for the Browns in 03-04.
Posted By: PitDAWG Re: Coach movement - 01/28/22 07:15 PM
Baltimore Ravens hire Michigan's Mike Macdonald as defensive coordinator

https://sports.yahoo.com/baltimore-ravens-expected-hire-michigans-193924220.html
Posted By: archbolddawg Re: Coach movement - 01/28/22 07:46 PM
That's weird......didn't Michigan last year hire a coach from the ravens?
Posted By: PitDAWG Re: Coach movement - 01/28/22 07:56 PM
I don't know. After looking yes, they hired the Ravens RB coach last season and made him their QB coach.

Michigan dips into Ravens well again, hires a new QB coach

https://wolverineswire.usatoday.com...ore-ravens-rb-coach-matt-weiss-qb-coach/
Posted By: cfrs15 Re: Coach movement - 01/28/22 07:58 PM
Originally Posted by archbolddawg
That's weird......didn't Michigan last year hire a coach from the ravens?

The Harbaughs have been stealing coaches from each other for years.
Posted By: archbolddawg Re: Coach movement - 01/28/22 08:02 PM
Ah, just over a year ago Michigan hired Macdonald from the ravens. He was a linebacker coach for the ravens.

So, now the ravens hired him back.

https://mgoblue.com/news/2021/1/17/...med-michigans-defensive-coordinator.aspx
Posted By: PitDAWG Re: Coach movement - 01/28/22 08:07 PM
They hired Matt Weiss away from Michigan this year. It was in the article. Two different coaches.
Posted By: archbolddawg Re: Coach movement - 01/28/22 08:19 PM
YOUR link, here: https://sports.yahoo.com/baltimore-ravens-expected-hire-michigans-193924220.html says Baltimore hired Michigans def. coordinator to be their d.c. Mike Macdonald.

My link, here:https://mgoblue.com/news/2021/1/17/football-mike-macdonald-named-michigans-defensive-coordinator.aspx says the Ravens hired him back - Mike Macdonald.

https://mgoblue.com/news/2021/1/17/...med-michigans-defensive-coordinator.aspx
What am I missing?

For him to go back to the ravens though, makes me question Jim's being back at Michigan next year.
Posted By: PitDAWG Re: Coach movement - 01/28/22 09:01 PM
Michigan hiring Ravens RB coach Matt Weiss as new QB coach February 21, 2021 9:25 am ET

https://ravenswire.usatoday.com/202...ens-rb-coach-matt-weiss-as-new-qb-coach/

You are right in the fact that McDonald had been with the Ravens for seven years before being hired as Michigan's DC and then returning to the Ravens for that same position in the NFL. My bad.
Posted By: archbolddawg Re: Coach movement - 01/28/22 10:01 PM
That's feb. 21, of 2021.

What I was talking about was Mike Macdonald. Hired by Michigan from the ravens just a tad over a year ago, and being rehired by the ravens just now.
Posted By: cfrs15 Re: Coach movement - 01/28/22 11:05 PM
Are we sure he was rehired?
Posted By: cfrs15 Re: Coach movement - 01/28/22 11:21 PM

Crazy that Daboll went from our crappy offensive coordinator to a head coach.
Posted By: Rishuz Re: Coach movement - 01/29/22 12:17 AM
He'll maybe last about three years because he doesn't have QB.

Funny how the best coaches also have the best QBs.
Posted By: archbolddawg Re: Coach movement - 01/29/22 12:18 AM
Are we sure he was rehired?

I don't know. I'm just going by the news. https://sports.yahoo.com/baltimore-ravens-expected-hire-michigans-193924220.html

"The Baltimore Ravens hired Michigan defensive coordinator Mike Macdonald for their vacant defensive coordinator position, the team announced Thursday night."

Date of that article: Michael Cohen, Detroit Free Press
Thu, January 27, 2022, 10:47 PM

If that's been changed, redacted, whatever, sue me. I'm posting what the media says. Period.
Posted By: jaybird Re: Coach movement - 01/29/22 12:38 AM
Originally Posted by Rishuz

No kidding... Josh Allen to Daniel Jones... yuck
Posted By: cfrs15 Re: Coach movement - 01/29/22 01:09 AM
Can we really trust the media at this point?
Posted By: archbolddawg Re: Coach movement - 01/29/22 01:31 AM
Hell if I know. I posted an article. A damn article, okay pit/verse whoever else? I didn't write the damn thing.
Posted By: OldColdDawg Re: Coach movement - 01/29/22 02:08 AM
Posted By: GratefulDawg Re: Coach movement - 01/29/22 01:40 PM
Posted By: cfrs15 Re: Coach movement - 01/29/22 02:07 PM
1. The source Grossi is reposting is not legit at all.
2. We would have to let Callahan out of his contract for him to leave.
Posted By: mgh888 Re: Coach movement - 01/29/22 02:15 PM
Originally Posted by Rishuz

For sure. No wonder Stefanski won Coach of the year last season.
Posted By: Rishuz Re: Coach movement - 01/29/22 02:37 PM
Stefanski may be gone in three years as well because well...he doesn't have a QB.
Posted By: PitDAWG Re: Coach movement - 01/29/22 03:10 PM
Wow man, really? I said you were right and I'm not quite sure how much more obvious I could have made it than by posting this in response to you......

You are right in the fact that McDonald had been with the Ravens for seven years before being hired as Michigan's DC and then returning to the Ravens for that same position in the NFL. My bad.

notallthere
Posted By: superbowldogg Re: Coach movement - 01/29/22 04:24 PM
Originally Posted by GratefulDawg

LOL Grossi blocked me because I said MKC hit rock bottom... below Grossi's feet when she started getting quotes from her son.

Grossi has paper-thin skin.
Posted By: PrplPplEater Re: Coach movement - 01/29/22 04:47 PM
1. The source Grossi is reposting is not legit at all.
2. We would have to let Callahan out of his contract for him to leave.

That about sums it up.
The only way around it would be if they threw the Assistant Head Coach title at him. I *think* that counts as a promotion and would circumvent the normal protections.
Still, they'd have to pay him plenty to make him choose to leave, I think, and he'd be burning a bridge.
Posted By: cfrs15 Re: Coach movement - 01/29/22 08:40 PM
They only promotion is to head coach. Everything else is a lateral move. He can’t leave unless we let him leave.
Posted By: archbolddawg Re: Coach movement - 01/29/22 11:53 PM
And what I didn't say last night/yesterday.........was with MacDonald leaving Michigan for baltimore, I wonder what the vibes are for Harbaugh in Michigan. I guess this answers it? https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/...gh-for-head-coaching-vacancy-per-report/
Posted By: MemphisBrownie Re: Coach movement - 01/30/22 06:52 PM
j/c:

This surprises me. I guess I thought McDaniels would be the heir apparent in NE. I suppose LV giving him full reign to do whatever he wants (like in Denver) was a factor. The first go-around at this didn't go so well. But he's older and wiser (hopefully for his sake).

When full details come out, I'd be interested to see what McDaniels' role will be regarding personnel.
Posted By: PitDAWG Re: Coach movement - 01/30/22 07:00 PM
I just saw this. This should be interesting to watch unfold. It does make sense though since the Raiders hired Dave Ziegler as their new GM. These two both came from the Patriots and have a history.

Much like yourself I was surprised to hear it at first until I considered the Dave Ziegler connection.
Posted By: Dave Re: Coach movement - 01/30/22 07:03 PM
Most likely means Derek Carr won't be available since both McDaniel and Ziegler reportedly have a high opinion of him.

https://fansided.com/2022/01/29/raiders-josh-mcdaniels-rumors-derek-carr-impact/
Posted By: MemphisBrownie Re: Coach movement - 01/30/22 07:08 PM
Most likely means Derek Carr won't be available since both McDaniel and Ziegler reportedly have a high opinion of him.

https://fansided.com/2022/01/29/raiders-josh-mcdaniels-rumors-derek-carr-impact/

And I think for good reason, honestly. I don't think he is the a top 5 QB or anything but I think he is undervalued. And if a guy like McDaniels claims to be able to use him and elevate his performance....that means something. Again, this whole thing is interesting...

Who will be the OC now?
Will McDaniels poach from the NE offensive staff?
Carr's contract is up at the end of this season. What if he does deliver?
What is McDaniels role outside of coaching?
Did Davis give him a 10-year contract? saywhat
Posted By: MemphisBrownie Re: Coach movement - 01/30/22 07:36 PM

If Rex said it, then I know this will end badly.
Posted By: MemphisBrownie Re: Coach movement - 01/30/22 07:41 PM

I feel like Ohio duos happen often. Could be wrong.
Posted By: Jester Re: Coach movement - 01/30/22 07:51 PM
Even though the Colts incident was a fiasco, McDanials did a tremendous job assembling that staff. Both coordinators, Nick Sirianni Philadelphia Eagles and Matt Eberflus Chicago Bears, are now head coaches in the NFL.
Posted By: cfrs15 Re: Coach movement - 02/01/22 06:09 PM
Posted By: oobernoober Re: Coach movement - 02/01/22 07:08 PM
If I made a list of coaches I was worried about losing (both in terms of demand as well as needing their performance back next season), the passing game coordinator probably would be near (if not at) the bottom.
Posted By: Ballpeen Re: Coach movement - 02/01/22 11:56 PM
I see Ken Dorsey will be the Bills new OC.
Posted By: cfrs15 Re: Coach movement - 02/02/22 03:12 PM

I was kind of hoping we would hire him to a role on our coaching staff even though I knew it was unrealistic.
Posted By: cfrs15 Re: Coach movement - 02/02/22 05:46 PM

Joe Brady got interviews last year to be a head coach and was the next genius. This seems like a pretty big step down. It’s great for the Bills though.
Posted By: MemphisBrownie Re: Coach movement - 02/03/22 12:28 AM

"One source"= Harbaugh, himself.....or maybe Michigan alum, Adam Schefter.

More slumber parties w/ recruits!
Posted By: archbolddawg Re: Coach movement - 02/03/22 01:00 AM
Just imagine the recruits thoughts...............he's going. Oh, he's not. This year.
Posted By: cfrs15 Re: Coach movement - 02/03/22 01:12 AM

We’re up to three former Browns assistants getting head coaching jobs this off-season (O’Connell, Eberflus, and Daboll) with three jobs still open. If Mike McDaniels gets the Dolphins job, which it seems like he will, then that will make it four.
Posted By: jfanent Re: Coach movement - 02/03/22 01:31 AM
Buckeye fans rejoice!
Posted By: jaybird Re: Coach movement - 02/03/22 02:51 AM
Should have stuck with Rich... that guy did an amazing job and had the respect of the locker room
Posted By: jaybird Re: Coach movement - 02/03/22 02:57 AM
Originally Posted by jfanent
Buckeye fans rejoice!

I was shocked he was interviewing... finally seems to have UM going the right direction and he's thinking of jumping ship?!?
Posted By: jfanent Re: Coach movement - 02/03/22 11:53 AM
Buckeye fans rejoice!

I was shocked he was interviewing... finally seems to have UM going the right direction and he's thinking of jumping ship?!?

He probably thinks last season was a one-off and it's time to get out on a high note. He caught the Buckeyes with a very, very young team while he had a very experienced team at home.
Posted By: cfrs15 Re: Coach movement - 02/03/22 06:04 PM

Chad O’Shea, our receivers coach, was mentioned as a possibility for this job.
Posted By: YTownBrownsFan Re: Coach movement - 02/04/22 04:32 AM
https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/jaguars-to-name-doug-pederson-as-teams-new-head-coach/

The Jacksonville Jaguars have announced Doug Peterson as their next head coach. CBS Sport NFL Insider Jason La Canfora confirmed the reports earlier on Thursday night. The 54-year-old coach and former NFL quarterback led the Eagles to the franchise's first Super Bowl at the end of the 2017 season. Pederson will become the Jaguars' third head coach in as many seasons.

Philadelphia's coach from 2016-20, Pederson went 42-37-1 regular season and 4-2 in the postseason during that span. In 2017, Pederson led the Eagles to a 13-3 regular season record. Philadelphia then defeated New England 41-33 in Super Bowl LIII behind an MVP performance from backup quarterback Nick Foles. The Eagles then posted consecutive 9-7 seasons before stumbling to a 4-11-1 record in 2020. Pederson was fired after the 2020 season and did not coach this past season.

A high school coach from 2005-08, Pederson joined Andy Reid's coaching staff in Philadelphia in 2009. He quickly ascended from a control coach to the team's quarterbacks coach 2011. He followed Reid to Kanas City in 2013, serving as the Chiefs' offensive coordinator from 2013-15.

Pederson enjoyed a 10-year NFL career that included seven seasons as Brett Favre's backup quarterback in Green Bay. He won a Super Bowl in 1996 while working with Favre and Reid, who served as the Packers' quarterbacks coach.

Pederson will take over a Jaguars franchise that has endured four consecutive losing seasons after making it to the AFC Championship Game in 2017. Jacksonville went 3-14 last season after firing Urban Meyer after a 1-12 start. For a second straight year, the Jaguars have the No. 1 pick in the 2021 draft. Our CBS Sports NFL Draft experts have the Jaguars taking either Michigan pass rusher Aidan Hutchinson, Alabama offensive lineman Evan Neal or Oregon pass rusher Kayvon Thibodeaux with the first overall pick.
Posted By: oobernoober Re: Coach movement - 02/04/22 02:48 PM
What happened that got Pederson fired in Philly? Was it the end of Wentz's time there that did him in? I don't follow the Eagles at all, but my recollection is that he was a pretty decent coach that won a SB with his backup QB.
Posted By: cfrs15 Re: Coach movement - 02/04/22 02:51 PM
I believe he was having some disagreements with the front office. Also, the offense went down the tube when Frank Reich left (I think).
Posted By: PrplPplEater Re: Coach movement - 02/04/22 04:15 PM
I can't believe we're doing the 2021 Draft again this year.
Posted By: PitDAWG Re: Coach movement - 02/04/22 04:58 PM
I must have been mistaken. I didn't think they were allowed to announce these HC hires until after the SB.
Posted By: cfrs15 Re: Coach movement - 02/04/22 05:25 PM
Originally Posted by PrplPplEater
I can't believe we're doing the 2021 Draft again this year.

The editor must’ve been asleep. Peterson instead of Pederson too.
Posted By: cfrs15 Re: Coach movement - 02/04/22 05:27 PM
I must have been mistaken. I didn't think they were allowed to announce these HC hires until after the SB.

They are allowed unless the head coach works for one of the teams in the Super Bowl. That’s why the Vikings haven’t officially announced their hiring of Kevin O’Connell yet.
Posted By: PitDAWG Re: Coach movement - 02/04/22 05:47 PM
Thanks.
Posted By: cfrs15 Re: Coach movement - 02/04/22 06:42 PM
Posted By: steve0255 Re: Coach movement - 02/04/22 07:22 PM
Well, if he gets the job, it will be short lived if he goes out there and coaches the way he coached in Cleveland. I'm sure McDaniels' would be overjoyed watching his Pro Bowl TE Waller's targets drop 50% year over year and Waller's step or more separation against a man defense drop to below 30%. Obviously, something is missing when you're looking at a TE coach for OC coming from run first scheme going to a team with a new head coach that runs a spread offense with their top receiver being the TE position with a gun slinger QB. Seems like oil and water trying to mix but we'll see...............
Posted By: PitDAWG Re: Coach movement - 02/04/22 07:31 PM
You really need to figure out who it is you're going to blame for the offense. You keep spreading the love around like every member of the coaching staff had a say in the system we run or how it wasn't limited due to Baker's injury. It does make for a rather humorous read though.
Posted By: cfrs15 Re: Coach movement - 02/04/22 08:16 PM
Posted By: TrooperDawg Re: Coach movement - 02/04/22 08:17 PM
I find it interesting that two of our assistant coaches are being mentioned/interviewed for NFL OC positions, but you-know-who won't let anyone else have a sniff at play-calling in Cleveland.
Posted By: PitDAWG Re: Coach movement - 02/04/22 08:23 PM
So you're trying to insinuate our position coaches should be calling the plays?
Posted By: cfrs15 Re: Coach movement - 02/04/22 08:24 PM
Originally Posted by TrooperDawg
I find it interesting that two of our assistant coaches are being mentioned/interviewed for NFL OC positions, but you-know-who won't let anyone else have a sniff at play-calling in Cleveland.

Another perspective would be that Stefanski is developing his coaches to the point where other teams want them. Or are you suggesting the tight ends coach should be calling plays?

Again, we had a very successful run game. Our receivers were open a bunch. The offense was great last year with Stefanski calling plays. Why anyone would think the person calling the plays on the day of games should step down is an argument I don’t understand.

(Chad O’Shea got the interview with the Giants because he and Daboll have the Belichick connection and he called plays for the Dolphins.)
Posted By: FloridaFan Re: Coach movement - 02/04/22 08:31 PM
Yeah, I wouldn't read much into these things, especially on teams with new HC trying to put together a staff. Past relationships will mean more than experience.
Posted By: PrplPplEater Re: Coach movement - 02/04/22 08:48 PM
Originally Posted by FloridaFan
Yeah, I wouldn't read much into these things, especially on teams with new HC trying to put together a staff. Past relationships will mean more than experience.

Past relationships are king... it's not What you know, but Who you know. Beyond that, it's pretty much as simple as we just have some really good, smart, people on this staff.

It has nothing to do with playcalling or anything else; these guys are just good, and smart.... and, contrary to the beliefs in some over-analyzed threads around here, having smart people around is a Very Good Thing.
Posted By: steve0255 Re: Coach movement - 02/04/22 09:05 PM
DAWG, come on, you're not really that single focused with blinders on are you?

Stefanski ran the scheme because - duh he was calling the plays. Each of the positions normally have position coaches. Now if the TE's suck, it would be a normal assumption that the axe should fall to that coach before the head coach. If it doesn't - then who do you think is responsible? I mean it's pretty common knowledge that you get what you accept so if the TE coach is still in Cleveland than Stefanski is obviously ok with them not having a single TE that could get a step or more separation against man defense more than 30% of the time. I don't know, I suspect when you have an injured QB and you change the scheme to where almost 50% of the plays are run with 2 and 3 TE sets that when you pass out of those sets you aren't actually doing your injured QB any favors when the TE's you flooded on the filed can't get separation in man defense more than 30% of the time.

I don't disagree that Baker's injury limited some of what the Browns could do. I don't disagree that Mayfield has things to work on because he does. Stefanski's scheme did not put Mayfield into situations where he could be successful. Add into that fact that Chubb and Hunt missed games, the offensive line was pieced together, the WR group had a terrible year, and as stated above - Mayfield didn't get a lot of help from his TE group.

Now contrary to a lot of posts on this forum, I have never asked for a change at Head Coach like hundreds of posts want to crucify and replace Mayfield not taking into account any of the other issues. What I have posted is that the scheme needs to change and Stefanski needs to give up the play calling. I think they need a dedicated QB coach and a 21st century Offensive Coordinator. I think that the TE Coach and WR Coach did not pull their weight this year and it had a serious impact on the team. Now all of these things can be fixed but it takes willing partners and that part I'm not sure of but this off season will tell a lot not only about 2022 Browns but the many years that follow.
Posted By: Milk Man Re: Coach movement - 02/04/22 09:43 PM
j/c...

Posted By: Dave Re: Coach movement - 02/04/22 09:46 PM
Are the Ravens planning a teardown?
Posted By: cfrs15 Re: Coach movement - 02/04/22 09:48 PM
🤐
Posted By: OrangeCrush Re: Coach movement - 02/04/22 09:53 PM
j/c...

Wow, between this and the Hue news, a certain poster on here must be having a really bad week.
Posted By: cfrs15 Re: Coach movement - 02/04/22 10:50 PM
“SASHI BROWN WILL NEVER WORK IN THE NFL AGAIN!”

. . .

Posted By: cfrs15 Re: Coach movement - 02/04/22 10:52 PM

🤣
Posted By: bugs Re: Coach movement - 02/04/22 11:08 PM
Are the Ravens planning a teardown?

Ravens are very analytical, so adding Sashi fits their agenda. I think it's a good hire.

Hue Jackson's lack of understanding of the analytical game bought down the whole front office.

Analytically speaking, Sashi Brown, Andrew Berry, and Sean McDermott would have been an interesting group. It's too bad Jimmy Haslam would not listen to his staff. It took a few years, I think Kevin Stefanski is a great alternative for Sean. We just lost Sashi replacement to Minnesota.
Posted By: mgh888 Re: Coach movement - 02/04/22 11:31 PM
“SASHI BROWN WILL NEVER WORK IN THE NFL AGAIN!”

. . .

I don't recall who it is - but someone has had a standing joke about Sashi never being employed by an NFL team ever again ... and now he's going to one of the best run organizations in the NFL. Be interesting to see how he performs. Wouldn't be the first time someone cut their teeth with us and then went on to do good things elsewhere.
Posted By: archbolddawg Re: Coach movement - 02/04/22 11:38 PM
Who was that person?
Posted By: jfanent Re: Coach movement - 02/04/22 11:44 PM
He had it in his sig.
Posted By: MemphisBrownie Re: Coach movement - 02/05/22 12:00 AM
I don't recall who it is - but someone has had a standing joke about Sashi never being employed by an NFL team ever again ...

Pitiful....
Posted By: MemphisBrownie Re: Coach movement - 02/05/22 12:02 AM
Another aspect Haslem should have taken blame for.....choosing Hue over Sashi/the plan.
Posted By: Milk Man Re: Coach movement - 02/05/22 12:37 AM
Another aspect Haslem should have taken blame for.....choosing Hue over Sashi/the plan.

Yep. There was a real possibility Sashi would have promoted Berry to his role at the time of GM with Sashi moving on to team President. It all worked. Just took longer and cost Haslam $10M+ to learn a tough lesson.
Posted By: oobernoober Re: Coach movement - 02/05/22 12:43 AM
This will make a couple people's head explode.
Posted By: MemphisBrownie Re: Coach movement - 02/05/22 01:09 AM
Just a couple?
Posted By: DaveyD Re: Coach movement - 02/05/22 05:30 AM
The Ravens FO has always been very solid. I bet they had their eye on Shashi and were just waiting for Dick Cass to retire.
Posted By: mgh888 Re: Coach movement - 02/05/22 03:13 PM
He had it in his sig.
I honestly don't remember who it was or what the signature said. I see there is a whole thread on this now. Guess we'll see..
Posted By: jfanent Re: Coach movement - 02/05/22 09:47 PM
Hue should have came out with his claims a day earlier, on 1-31. grin
Posted By: bugs Re: Coach movement - 02/05/22 09:49 PM

I was thinking February 2, Ground Hog Day!
Posted By: Dave Re: Coach movement - 02/05/22 10:02 PM
Originally Posted by bugs

I was thinking February 2, Ground Hog Day!

Groundhog Day would have been good for the Sashi Brown announcement. Sashi Wars makes Couch vs Holcomb into a lovefest (in terms of duration).
Posted By: MemphisBrownie Re: Coach movement - 02/06/22 11:15 PM
j/c:

Posted By: oobernoober Re: Coach movement - 02/06/22 11:36 PM
Supposedly McDaniels is a minority hire (looks as white-bread as can be, but ok).
Posted By: cfrs15 Re: Coach movement - 02/07/22 12:20 AM
Four former Browns assistants and potentially two former Browns QBs (Doug Pederson and Josh McCown). Browns are taking over!
Posted By: Milk Man Re: Coach movement - 02/07/22 01:30 AM
I remember when Mike McDaniel was the Browns WR coach and he flew out to Vegas on a private jet with a bunch of players after their final game and Josh Gordon got hit with a 1 year suspension for boozing on the flight upon testing after they landed, lol.
Posted By: ScottPlayersFacemask Re: Coach movement - 02/07/22 01:34 AM
Wow, good memory remembering it was McDonald
Posted By: cfrs15 Re: Coach movement - 02/07/22 03:14 AM

This is straight nuts.
Posted By: Milk Man Re: Coach movement - 02/07/22 03:19 AM
Posted By: cfrs15 Re: Coach movement - 02/07/22 04:13 AM
They should just re-hire David Culley at this point. Now they’re just going to have to pay Lovie to not coach in two years.
Posted By: cfrs15 Re: Coach movement - 02/07/22 05:38 AM
Originally Posted by ScottPlayersFacemask
Wow, good memory remembering it was McDonald

There is a picture somewhere out there of all of the guys on the private jet.
Posted By: cfrs15 Re: Coach movement - 02/07/22 05:39 AM
Originally Posted by oobernoober
Supposedly McDaniels is a minority hire (looks as white-bread as can be, but ok).

Not supposedly.

Posted By: oobernoober Re: Coach movement - 02/07/22 03:40 PM
Lol, Hawk bringing receipts, that's hilarious.

I wasn't trying to be nasty or anything. I was just pointing out that he doesn't look much different than me, and I'm an OH-born, hockey-playing engineer. I'm about as white as you can get.
Posted By: OldColdDawg Re: Coach movement - 02/07/22 08:08 PM

Not supposedly.

bad link. 1490525418721452038? it's not even a link.
Posted By: cfrs15 Re: Coach movement - 02/07/22 08:16 PM

Not supposedly.

bad link. 1490525418721452038? it's not even a link.

You sure?
Posted By: YTownBrownsFan Re: Coach movement - 02/09/22 04:58 PM
Our old friend Frisman has a job with the Steelers.

Steelers hire Frisman Jackson as receivers coach - ProFootballTalk
https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2022/02/08/steelers-hire-frisman-jackson-as-receivers-coach/
Posted By: PrplPplEater Re: Coach movement - 02/09/22 06:19 PM
Interesting. I had no idea he was even coaching in the NFL, much less doing so since 2017 with the Titans and Panthers. Good for him, except when it comes to the Win/Loss column.
Posted By: cfrs15 Re: Coach movement - 02/10/22 05:43 PM

Recruiting sucks
Posted By: oobernoober Re: Coach movement - 02/10/22 06:30 PM
That, or leaving to be a 'co-defensive coordinator' didn't sound so great after a little bit.
Posted By: cfrs15 Re: Coach movement - 02/10/22 06:35 PM
That, or leaving to be a 'co-defensive coordinator' didn't sound so great after a little bit.

Those type of titles happen all the time in college.

Imagine going from coaching Myles Garrett to begging a 16 year old to talk to a car salesman who is willing to pay him to play at Ole Miss.
Posted By: jaybird Re: Coach movement - 02/11/22 01:44 AM

Those type of titles happen all the time in college.

Imagine going from coaching Myles Garrett to begging a 16 year old to talk to a car salesman who is willing to pay him to play at Ole Miss.

while working for your older brother...
Posted By: cfrs15 Re: Coach movement - 02/15/22 01:23 AM

Hue said, “Who can I hire to make me seem like a good guy by comparison?”
Posted By: PitDAWG Re: Coach movement - 02/16/22 05:03 PM
Vikings officially hire Rams’ OC Kevin O’Connell as next head coach

https://www.fox9.com/sports/vikings-officially-hire-rams-oc-kevin-oconnell-as-next-head-coach
Posted By: CapCity Dawg Re: Coach movement - 02/17/22 06:05 PM

https://www.fox9.com/sports/vikings-officially-hire-rams-oc-kevin-oconnell-as-next-head-coach

Wonder why the delay? They could have announced this Monday as it seemed to be a done deal then.

Maybe the noise about McVay retiring if they won? O'Connell thinking maybe he could take the reins there?
Posted By: cfrs15 Re: Coach movement - 02/17/22 06:06 PM
Originally Posted by CapCity Dawg

Wonder why the delay? They could have announced this Monday as it seemed to be a done deal then.

Maybe the noise about McVay retiring if they won? O'Connell thinking maybe he could take the reins there?

The internets said they were finishing contract details and O’Connell wanted to go to the parade.
Posted By: cfrs15 Re: Coach movement - 02/20/22 03:07 PM
Posted By: cfrs15 Re: Coach movement - 02/24/22 10:01 PM

My guess is Petzing goes to QB coach and AVP becomes just the OC.
Posted By: cfrs15 Re: Coach movement - 02/25/22 07:07 PM

Posted By: cfrs15 Re: Coach movement - 02/25/22 07:08 PM

This cfrs15 guy might know what he’s talking about!
Posted By: FATE Re: Coach movement - 02/25/22 07:46 PM
He usually does. thumbsup
Posted By: MemphisBrownie Re: Coach movement - 03/29/22 08:34 PM

Very deserving.
Posted By: Milk Man Re: Coach movement - 03/31/22 12:38 AM
j/c...

Posted By: Bull_Dawg Re: Coach movement - 03/31/22 01:28 AM
Tom really wanted the extra practice time from a team having a new coach to get extra work in with Gage, so Bruce had to go.

I'm actually not sure if they get the early start with an internal hire or not. Will they get the comp picks for hiring and/or having a minority hired?
Posted By: superbowldogg Re: Coach movement - 03/31/22 03:08 AM
Tom Brady set to retire again?

I wonder if Arians did something wrong?
Posted By: Milk Man Re: Coach movement - 03/31/22 03:16 AM

Posted By: cfrs15 Re: Coach movement - 03/31/22 04:21 AM
Originally Posted by superbowldogg
Tom Brady set to retire again?

I wonder if Arians did something wrong?

Rumors has it that Brady and Arians had an icy relationship.
Posted By: steve0255 Re: Coach movement - 03/31/22 09:22 AM
Why wouldn't they select Leftwich as the new head coach? Something stinks here - Leftwich was supposedly the golden child and now he gets passed over by the team that's groomed him?
Posted By: Ballpeen Re: Coach movement - 03/31/22 10:21 AM
Originally Posted by steve0255
Why wouldn't they select Leftwich as the new head coach? Something stinks here - Leftwich was supposedly the golden child and now he gets passed over by the team that's groomed him?

Maybe he isn't all that good? I agree, he seems pretty solid.

Maybe they want someone else to sign him so that get two 3rd round comp picks? You don't get picks if it is a internal hire, and that makes sense.
Posted By: FloridaFan Re: Coach movement - 03/31/22 11:36 AM
My guess is because Bowles has HC experience, and Tampa does not want the growing pains of a first year HC when they are built to win NOW and have only this year probably to accomplish it.

And honestly, for all the love Leftwich has gotten during the last 2 years, you have to wonder how much was Leftwich and how much was Brady, I am sure the team knows.
Posted By: Versatile Dog Re: Coach movement - 03/31/22 05:05 PM
j/c:

I have different takes on Arians retiring.

--First and foremost, I give BA a ton of credit for how he was always so willing to embrace diversity in the work place. I'm pretty sure he hired the first female assistant coachi in the NFL. I know he hired a lot of black men. Hell, both his coordinators in TB are black men.

--I heard about the supposed rift between Brady and BA, but I don't think Tom forced him out. I think BA chose to retire now rather than at the end of the season for two reasons. The first was that there was obviously a lot of chaos surrounding the organization w/Brady's announced retirement. I believe that BA didn't want to add to that mess. I also believe that he really wanted Bowles to succeed him and felt this was the best way to go about it.

--I also think Bowles got the job over Leftwich because he has prior HC experience and is familiar w/the Patriot way, which should make Brady more comfortable. I also think that some of their defensive talent might come back now that Bowles is the HC. Leftwich has a solid shot of becoming a HC next year and let's face it......going to Jax this year was not an ideal situation for a first-time HC>
Posted By: cfrs15 Re: Coach movement - 03/31/22 05:31 PM
I am not sure why Bowles would be familiar with how the Patriots operate. Because he was the Jets head coach?
Posted By: Bull_Dawg Re: Coach movement - 03/31/22 05:35 PM
...How is Bowles familiar with the Patriot way? There could be a link, I'm just not seeing it.

I think the ages and history played into it. Bowles is 58 and had been HC twice before without much success (Jets and Dolphins interim.) The teams he had to work with were definitely a factor in that lack of success. He probably wasn't going to get many more shots as an HC and almost definitely not for a team with recent success. Leftwich is only 42. He'll have plenty of future opportunities (or at least, one would think, time for opportunities,) and could potentially even replace Bowles down the line.
Posted By: oobernoober Re: Coach movement - 03/31/22 06:38 PM
Didn't Tom remove himself from the whole 'Patiot Way' thing?
Posted By: cfrs15 Re: Coach movement - 03/31/22 08:13 PM
Didn't Tom remove himself from the whole 'Patiot Way' thing?

Yes. He is about the TB12 way and has been for years.
Posted By: DeisleDawg Re: Coach movement - 03/31/22 08:30 PM
I am not sure why Bowles would be familiar with how the Patriots operate. Because he was the Jets head coach?

He coached for the Browns for four seasons, that was after BB. 2001-2004. There maybe a connection somewhere, not sure though.
Posted By: Versatile Dog Re: Coach movement - 04/01/22 02:18 AM

Hmmm........I thought he had ties to them. I apologize if I was wrong.

I will say that I thought my two points about BA helping w/diversity and taking care of one of his guys was far more important than the Patriot way or the Leftwich takes.

LOL.........I actually thought I made a really good post that would get people to think about how BA is a special man. I guess not....
Posted By: bugs Re: Coach movement - 04/01/22 03:20 AM
Originally Posted by Versatile Dog

Hmmm........I thought he had ties to them. I apologize if I was wrong.

I will say that I thought my two points about BA helping w/diversity and taking care of one of his guys was far more important than the Patriot way or the Leftwich takes.

LOL.........I actually thought I made a really good post that would get people to think about how BA is a special man. I guess not....

You may be thinking of Brian Flores. It was the first thing I thought when they announced Bowles was the new head coach. I'm thinking it was odd Tampa hired him away from Pittsburgh and nothing was mentioned. Then I realized I was thinking of the wrong person.

I always liked BA. It was good seeing Bowles get the job too.
Posted By: Dawgs4Life Re: Coach movement - 04/01/22 12:12 PM
there had to have been some obvious beef between Brady and Arians, even if it’s not the only reason he’s “retiring”

Bowles is a decent choice to fill in there. Truthfully, it doesn’t matter who the coach is when Brady is there
Posted By: Ballpeen Re: Coach movement - 04/01/22 02:31 PM
maybe. My guess it is a little easier on Arians health in thew FO.
Posted By: Dawgs4Life Re: Coach movement - 04/01/22 03:10 PM
Originally Posted by Ballpeen
maybe. My guess it is a little easier on Arians health in thew FO.
Yeah thats true
Posted By: oobernoober Re: Coach movement - 04/01/22 03:21 PM
Posted By: MemphisBrownie Re: Coach movement - 04/01/22 06:06 PM

Or Jimmy and Dee Haslem.
© DawgTalkers.net