DawgTalkers.net
Posted By: Versatile Dog Frank Reich Fired - 11/07/22 04:47 PM
Posted By: MemphisBrownie Re: Frank Reich Fired - 11/07/22 04:55 PM
j/c:

Ballard is in ass-saving mode. The Andrew Luck retirement was abrupt but that guy has made bad QB decision after bad QB decision. Getting dusted QBs like Rivers, Ryan and Wentz have been laughable and his drafts in recent years have been gross. Hell, they might have been better just sticking with Brissett.
Posted By: Hammer Re: Frank Reich Fired - 11/07/22 05:01 PM
Knew this was coming.

I think Ryan is toast but my God, he is way better than Ehlinger - not sure whose decision it was to sit Ryan and start Elhinger, but he sucks. They invested a lot into their O-line and not working this year.

Reich sucks.
Posted By: dawg66 Re: Frank Reich Fired - 11/07/22 05:07 PM
That's a surprise. I know they have been struggling this year but when you don't have a QB and your top 2 offensive weapons (Taylor & Pittman) have been banged up all year that is to be expected.
Posted By: PitDAWG Re: Frank Reich Fired - 11/07/22 05:10 PM
Some coaches can get the most out of average and sometimes even less than average QB's and some coaches can not. Reich can not.
Posted By: Dawgs4Life Re: Frank Reich Fired - 11/07/22 05:18 PM
Kingsbury probably next. I think Reich is a better coach in the NFL … they have had some OLD, BAD quarterbacks
Posted By: MemphisBrownie Re: Frank Reich Fired - 11/07/22 05:22 PM
Originally Posted by Dawgs4Life
Kingsbury probably next. I think Reich is a better coach in the NFL … they have had some OLD, BAD quarterbacks

I agree....Kingsbury could be the next one to go. Wonder what Detroit thinks of Campbell too.
Posted By: Versatile Dog Re: Frank Reich Fired - 11/07/22 05:47 PM
Wow!!!

Posted By: MemphisBrownie Re: Frank Reich Fired - 11/07/22 05:53 PM
Quaaludes are an SOB.
Posted By: Milk Man Re: Frank Reich Fired - 11/07/22 05:53 PM
Yikes. Irsay might be back to popping pills again!
Posted By: PitDAWG Re: Frank Reich Fired - 11/07/22 05:54 PM
saywhat notallthere

Obviously this move is to accomplish nothing more than to fill the seats in the stadium for the rest of the season. It would be like naming Joe Thomas HC if Stefanski were fired. Certainly an Irsay move that really doesn't surprise me.
Posted By: Versatile Dog Re: Frank Reich Fired - 11/07/22 05:59 PM
Irsay is a fool. I'm surprised Saturday agreed to take the interim job. He has a good gig going w/ESPN and some other endeavors. He will be questioned on every move he makes due to his lack of experience. He has a great reputation. Hate to see it sullied. One thing, players won't be back-talking him. Dude can handle himself.

Btw---I'll miss Saturday's Tuesday morning pancakes. LOL
Posted By: dawg66 Re: Frank Reich Fired - 11/07/22 06:15 PM
Originally Posted by PitDAWG
saywhat notallthere

Obviously this move is to accomplish nothing more than to fill the seats in the stadium for the rest of the season. It would be like naming Joe Thomas HC if Stefanski were fired. Certainly an Irsay move that really doesn't surprise me.

That's how I see it too, plus this gives them some game time to see if Saturday can actually coach in the NFL before deciding who gets the job next year.
Posted By: YTownBrownsFan Re: Frank Reich Fired - 11/07/22 06:23 PM
I suppose it depends on what you see as the weaknesses of the prior coach, and what you want out of the new coach. Saturday is reputed to be an incredibly strong leader.

It is obvious that they did not even potentially see the next head coach on staff. They wanted to look at an outside presence. Maybe it works, and maybe it doesn't, but having a guy who went from UDFA to mutli time All Pro could be the example the team needs. Maybe this is what the front ofice feels was missing .. that drive to be great.
Posted By: Versatile Dog Re: Frank Reich Fired - 11/07/22 06:23 PM
I just read that no one on the Colts staff has called offensive plays in the NFL before. Amazing!
Posted By: Dawgs4Life Re: Frank Reich Fired - 11/07/22 06:26 PM
Just ridiculous lol
Posted By: cle23 Re: Frank Reich Fired - 11/07/22 07:09 PM
Originally Posted by MemphisBrownie
Originally Posted by Dawgs4Life

I agree....Kingsbury could be the next one to go. Wonder what Detroit thinks of Campbell too.

I honestly think Detroit needs to keep Campbell. They play really hard every week, and are starting to build as a team. Just have to learn how to close out games.
Posted By: Dawgs4Life Re: Frank Reich Fired - 11/07/22 07:23 PM
You have to wonder if McDaniels will be one and done too
Posted By: steve0255 Re: Frank Reich Fired - 11/07/22 09:32 PM
Well, unfortunately, the NFL is about all winning and Reich isn't pulling his share of the load I suspect. I do find it interesting (as far as coaches on the hot seat) that people living in glass houses are throwing stones at others. Since 2020:

IND - Reich:_____ 23-19-1 .5465 1 playoff appearance (2020) 0-1 - (included current record 3-5-1)
CLE - Stefanski: __23-20__ .5349 1 playoff appearance (2020) 1-1 - (included current record 3-5)
ARI - Kingsbury:__22-21__ .5116 1 playoff appearance (2021) 0-1 - (included current record 3-6)
SFO - Shanahan:_22-22___.5000 1 playoff appearance (2021) 2-1 - (included current record 4-4)

In 4 1/2 seasons', Reich compiled a 41-35-1 .5389 record including 2 playoff appearances and a 1-2 record in those playoff games. Obviously, to some teams - winning is very important.
Posted By: bbrowns32 Re: Frank Reich Fired - 11/07/22 10:41 PM
j/c

Always admired Frank Reich.....thought he got a bum deal.
Posted By: jaybird Re: Frank Reich Fired - 11/07/22 10:54 PM
This is shocking... not that Reich was fired but Saturday was named interim coach... no coaching experience in College or NFL... will be entertaining to see what happens
Posted By: Versatile Dog Re: Frank Reich Fired - 11/08/22 12:03 AM
Originally Posted by bbrowns32
j/c

I thought Reich was a good coach, too. Dude has a winning record and has made the playoffs. The fans in Indy probably were complaining and the owner is a jerk. Hopefully, our FO and owner won't listen to the know-nothings who want Stefanski fired.
Posted By: FATE Re: Frank Reich Fired - 11/08/22 01:31 AM
Originally Posted by Versatile Dog
Originally Posted by bbrowns32
j/c

I thought Reich was a good coach, too. Dude has a winning record and has made the playoffs. The fans in Indy probably were complaining and the owner is a jerk. Hopefully, our FO and owner won't listen to the know-nothings who want Stefanski fired.

The fans out here are complaining. They've started NINE QBs in the last five years and feel like the org is a rudderless ship.

Before 2015, there was only one season with something other than "Manning" or "Luck" on the back of the QB jersey.
Posted By: MemphisBrownie Re: Frank Reich Fired - 11/08/22 01:59 AM
j/c:

Posted By: THROW LONG Re: Frank Reich Fired - 11/08/22 02:22 AM
Originally Posted by FATE
The fans out here are complaining. They've started NINE QBs in the last five years and feel like the org is a rudderless ship.

Before 2015, there was only one season with something other than "Manning" or "Luck" on the back of the QB jersey.
Awww. speaking on behalf of all DTMB members, I think, " Cry me a river dude." and... I998 - Not Manning or Luck.
Posted By: Rishuz Re: Frank Reich Fired - 11/08/22 02:27 AM
j/c:

Weren't they viewed as a model franchise and Ballard a great GM not that long ago?
Posted By: Clemdawg Re: Frank Reich Fired - 11/08/22 05:28 AM
For once... and perhaps for the first time since 1999...

-It's a kind of comfort to see mid-season headlines like these that don't originate from 76 Groza.
CAR doing mid-season purges, as well.

I want all my DT Dawgs to witness these things happening. Elsewhere.
Then, I want them to think back on the past 20 years of Browns history.

These two franchises in 2022 turmoil epitomize what CLE has looked like for an entire generation of Browns fandom.

Please let us not get sucked back into that quicksand.

We have so much of what we need to become a good thang.
Posted By: Ballpeen Re: Frank Reich Fired - 11/08/22 11:20 AM
I agree, but am not overly worried about that. Despite the record, the Browns are on a upward trajectory. I don't think we will make any major changes, at least at the top.
Posted By: Versatile Dog Re: Frank Reich Fired - 11/08/22 01:06 PM
Posted By: MemphisBrownie Re: Frank Reich Fired - 11/08/22 01:10 PM
Going live to Jim Irsay....

[Linked Image from media.giphy.com]
Posted By: Dawgs4Life Re: Frank Reich Fired - 11/08/22 03:05 PM
What a total joke of an organization lol
Posted By: MemphisBrownie Re: Frank Reich Fired - 11/08/22 03:41 PM
Posted By: leadtheway Re: Frank Reich Fired - 11/08/22 03:46 PM
Yeah Frank got hosed, should count himself lucky he doesn't have to deal with that anymore.. I'd take him over KS any day. He's done more with less than KS has had
Posted By: MemphisBrownie Re: Frank Reich Fired - 11/11/22 03:27 PM
j/c:

Posted By: Rishuz Re: Frank Reich Fired - 11/11/22 03:47 PM
Wow, surprised by Joe's take and him expressing it.
Posted By: PrplPplEater Re: Frank Reich Fired - 11/11/22 03:53 PM
I wish he wasn't so wishy-washy and would just take a stand, lol

I don't think Joe has ever taken such a strong stance publicly on anything before. He's always been pretty good at playing the diplomat, so if he's coming out this hard, you know it struck a MAJOR nerve.
Posted By: bonefish Re: Frank Reich Fired - 11/11/22 03:58 PM
Take note to what it takes for any NFL coach when you talk about prioritizing wins.

Posted By: Rishuz Re: Frank Reich Fired - 11/11/22 04:13 PM
Working long hours does not equate to competence.

You can argue it equates to the opposite.
Posted By: mac Re: Frank Reich Fired - 11/11/22 04:32 PM
We must keep in mind what the franchise goals are of the Colts with a record of 3w-5L-1T.

While the owner can make a statement that he is not trying to "tank the rest of the season" ... by putting someone in charge who is not necessarily qualified to be a HC, the owner can honestly claim that he thought the results might be more positive.

Also, the subject of "intentionally tanking" has been brought up at some NFL meetings this year. I would think that NFL owners realize they need to be careful about how they approach the subject of tanking, knowing they don't want losing to appear to be intentional.

Then again, maybe Irsay knows Jeff Saturday better than we give him credit for...maybe Saturday is ready for the big league...who knows how the players will view such a move..?.. wink
Posted By: PitDAWG Re: Frank Reich Fired - 11/11/22 04:34 PM
And your opinion about competence has nothing to do with a person prioritizing winning either.
Posted By: mgh888 Re: Frank Reich Fired - 11/11/22 05:15 PM
j/c:

Love his take. Love that you can hear the passion and know this is a 100% genuine take ... wish he'd o that with the Browns sometimes. I get that he doesn't want to burn any bridges but his takes on the Browns organization are always with Browns tinted lens's and ultra positive. A little dose of reality would be lovely, nothing overtly negative but not the Zagura Rah Rah either.
Posted By: bonefish Re: Frank Reich Fired - 11/11/22 05:31 PM
We are talking about prioritizing winning.
Posted By: Rishuz Re: Frank Reich Fired - 11/11/22 05:32 PM
Originally Posted by bonefish

3-5
Posted By: steve0255 Re: Frank Reich Fired - 11/11/22 06:00 PM
Originally Posted by bonefish

Joe T is being very candid with his thoughts on what is happening in Indy. However, I don't believe using Chudzinski as your poster child as to what it takes to be a HC in the NFL is going to sell your argument very well. I mean the guy has only had 1-year of HC experience and limped to a 4-12 record that year. I get what Joe T is saying but picking a guy who had 6 years' experience as an OC prior to failing in his one-year HC attempt doesn't match up with what Joe is trying to sell. Just my opinion but using Chud as your basis for the argument gives even more credence to the Colts decision to hire Saturday.
Posted By: PitDAWG Re: Frank Reich Fired - 11/11/22 06:05 PM
How is that relative? Your claim is that they aren't prioritizing winning.

prioritize; designate or treat (something) as more important than other things.

To have any validity to your claim you would have to show where the coaches and players don't value or try to win as being at the top of their priority list.

Production in games directly impact players future earnings and the future of the coaching staffs career. Failure to prioritize such things would mean they don't care about their future or their jobs. Sometimes you actually make good points. This one however makes no sense and has no substance whatsoever.

According to your meaningless assertion many teams that fall below .500 don't prioritize winning. That makes no sense and you're only posting such drivel to stir the pot.
Posted By: bonefish Re: Frank Reich Fired - 11/11/22 06:37 PM
Zoom. right over your head.

You miss the point completely. Or, I didn't make myself clear.

Riz posted Stefanski does not prioritize winning.

All coaches prioritize winning or they would not be coaches. You don't enter that profession unless you do.

Competence is a completely different discussion.

Head coaches in the NFL are completely committed. They make enormous personal sacrifices. That is the requirement. Not all succeed.

You and Riz are entitled to your opinion about Stefanski.

I just do not agree with you at all.
Posted By: steve0255 Re: Frank Reich Fired - 11/11/22 06:53 PM
Fair enough
Posted By: THROW LONG Re: Frank Reich Fired - 11/12/22 03:56 AM
It's not opinion if Kevin sTefanski talkz about it himself.

In anzwerz to @ueztionz, in the offzeazon and during, anzwerz to @ueztionz like,
It'z a group decision or it'z up to the player on whether a player playz or not

and that it'z an analytic to give rest dayz, or do certain thingz like installz in the offseason
or thingz they do, and not do
to prioritize individual playerz
over the team winning.

prioritizing the analyticz of playerz- and player agent- relationhipz?
thingz that like,
may per hypothetically, prevent the actuality of
a lower ranked UDFA overtaking the starting job from a big famous huge contract high draft pick player,
even if the UDFA playz better
and therefore,
would give the team more chance to win,... thuz... would be prioritizing winning,
BUT
if that clearly iz hinted at, that that iz not going on, ... by the coaches, and or the GM'z and the otherz' anzwerz over a couple year period of time
then they are/ or would be
putting their analyticz, and their... contractz and their lah tee dah ta dah, ahead of winning.
Posted By: jaybird Re: Frank Reich Fired - 11/13/22 03:29 AM
I LOVE Joe Thomas... that was fantastic...
Posted By: Dawgs4Life Re: Frank Reich Fired - 11/13/22 10:57 AM
I agre
Posted By: jaybird Re: Frank Reich Fired - 11/14/22 02:25 AM
Saturday has his first win... he now has as many wins this season as Lovie Smith, who has been a head coach in the NFL for 11 years.... smile
Posted By: Dawgs4Life Re: Frank Reich Fired - 11/14/22 10:21 AM
Colts looked instantly better on offense. Ryan stinks, but at least he’s experienced.

Sad state for the Raiders tho Lol
Posted By: Versatile Dog Re: Frank Reich Fired - 11/14/22 12:32 PM
Nice to see Saturday get the win. He's a cool guy.
Posted By: mgh888 Re: Frank Reich Fired - 11/14/22 01:36 PM
Originally Posted by jaybird
Saturday has his first win... he now has as many wins this season as Lovie Smith, who has been a head coach in the NFL for 11 years.... smile

I don't want to pee on Saturday's wheaties or wish bad things for the Colts fans ... but I loath the idea of being happy or promoting about anything that might validate Isray who is a total P.O.S
Posted By: Dawgs4Life Re: Frank Reich Fired - 11/14/22 01:43 PM
Yeah, Irsay is tough to take
Posted By: jaybird Re: Frank Reich Fired - 11/15/22 03:33 AM
Originally Posted by mgh888
Originally Posted by jaybird

I don't want to pee on Saturday's wheaties or wish bad things for the Colts fans ... but I loath the idea of being happy or promoting about anything that might validate Isray who is a total P.O.S

I'm with you... I think hiring Saturday was a spit in the face of all legit coaches... but I still found Saturday winning hilarious... his last tweet was that the Raiders suck... and then he beats them... that's funny as hell...

I hate Irsay... never liked the colts, but am curious to see what happens the rest of their season
© DawgTalkers.net