DawgTalkers.net
Posted By: SaintDawg Thursday schedule release.. - 05/08/23 01:47 PM
https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/...-opener-thanksgiving-games-black-friday/

It's hard for me to believe that we ain't begun to speculate about the schedule yet.. CBS speculates Ravens Steelers Turkey day.. And no we don't play in Europe this year..
Posted By: Ballpeen Re: Thursday schedule release.. - 05/08/23 01:52 PM
Originally Posted by SaintDawg
https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/...-opener-thanksgiving-games-black-friday/

It's hard for me to believe that we ain't begun to speculate about the schedule yet.. CBS speculates Rats squealers Turkey day.. And no we don't play in Europe this year..

I get it. I want it out as soon as you do.

As for guessing, I don't know. We tend to go with division games later in the season. I say we finish in Cincy, last game of the season. A Sunday night flex game.
Posted By: Dawgs4Life Re: Thursday schedule release.. - 05/08/23 02:03 PM
Sunday, September 10 - Tennessee (1:00 CBS)
Sunday, September 17 - at Houston (1:00 CBS)
Sunday, September 24 - Arizona (1:00 FOX)
Sunday, October 1 - at Cincinnati (1:00 CBS)
Thursday, October 5 - Jacksonville (8:20 PRIME)
Sunday, October 15 - at Pittsburgh (1:00 CBS)
Sunday, October 22 - San Francisco (1:00 FOX)
Monday, October 30 - at Denver (8:15 ESPN)
Sunday, November 5 - at Seattle (4:25 CBS)
OFF
Sunday, November 19 - Baltimore (1:00 CBS)
Sunday, November 26 - Chicago (1:00 FOX)
Sunday, December 3 - at LA Rams (4:25 CBS)
Monday, December 11 - Pittsburgh (8:15 ESPN)
Sunday, December 17 - at Indianapolis (1:00 CBS)
Sunday, December 24 - NY Jets (1:00 CBS)
Sunday, December 31 - at Baltimore (1:00 CBS)
Sunday, January 7 - Cincinnati (1:00 CBS)
Posted By: Ballpeen Re: Thursday schedule release.. - 05/08/23 02:07 PM
Originally Posted by Dawgs4Life
OFF

I like the bye week. We will probably get screwed with a early or late bye. I still don't understand why they can't get all of the byes done in a 3-4 week window.

It wouldn't be hard to shut down an entire conference minus 2 teams each week to allow the network to get their game of the week during the shutdown. If being fair is a goal, you don't need to spread byes over 10-12 weeks. Just get them all done in weeks 8-10 or 11. It isn't that friggen hard.
Posted By: FATE Re: Thursday schedule release.. - 05/08/23 02:09 PM
Is this official?
Posted By: Ballpeen Re: Thursday schedule release.. - 05/08/23 02:18 PM
Originally Posted by FATE
Is this official?

Come on man. I like D4life, but I doubt he works for the NFL. It was his guess.
Posted By: Dawgs4Life Re: Thursday schedule release.. - 05/08/23 02:24 PM
Haha yeah total guess … if it’s correct I’ll take credit
Posted By: Ballpeen Re: Thursday schedule release.. - 05/08/23 02:33 PM

And I will say you are a high ranking NFL officer.

LOl...if so, forgive me if I wait a few more days before making holel reservations since i like to do that early. Especially if it is a night game and Iwant to stay downtown. Those rooms book fast. I try to beat the rush once hotels know they can start jacking up rates because demand says they can.

You only have a day or two before that happens.
Posted By: Dawgs4Life Re: Thursday schedule release.. - 05/08/23 02:42 PM
Originally Posted by Ballpeen

LOl...if so, forgive me if I wait a few more days before making holel reservations since i like to do that early. Especially if it is a night game and Iwant to stay downtown. Those rooms book fast. I try to beat the rush once hotels know they can start jacking up rates because demand says they can.

I always think about guys like you who need to start planning and booking rooms. The NFL pushing the schedule release back each year isn’t easy I’m sure.

I hope we get a primetime home game or two. I’d expect one home and one away. 2-3 total primetime games.

I also expect us to have a few 4:25 starts due to our schedule
Posted By: steve0255 Re: Thursday schedule release.. - 05/08/23 08:03 PM
OFF

I believe the schedule will be a little different (of course it's all speculation):
Sunday, September 10, Tennessee (1:00 CBS)
Monday, September 18 - at Baltimore (8:15 ESPN)
Sunday, September 24 - San Francisco (4:25 FOX)
Sunday, October 1 - Cincinnati (1:00 CBS)
Sunday, October 8 - at LA Rams (4:25 FOX)
Sunday, October 15 - at Arizona (8:20 NBC)
BYE WEEK
Sunday October 29 - Jacksonville (1:00 CBS)
Thursday, November 2 - Pittsburgh (8:20 PRIME)
Sunday, November 12 - at Denver (1:00 CBS)
Sunday, November 19 - at Seattle (4:25 FOX)
Sunday, November 26 - NY Jets (8:25 NBC)
Sunday, December 3 - at Chicago (1:00 FOX)
Sunday, December 10 - Houston (1:00 CBS)
Saturday, December 15 - at Cincinnati (4:25 CBS)
Sunday, December 24 - Baltimore (1:00 CBS)
Sunday, December 31 - at Indianapolis (1:00 CBS)
Sunday, January 6 - at Pittsburgh (4:25 CBS)
Posted By: MemphisBrownie Re: Thursday schedule release.. - 05/08/23 08:35 PM
The NFL will start leaking some official dates/times soon.
Posted By: highoman Re: Thursday schedule release.. - 05/09/23 01:18 AM

This. But honestly they raise prices quicker than one two days.
I see same band every year in a few different cities. I we book refundable rooms on rumors all the time. Save hundreds of dollars literally.
I do the same days leading to schedule release on every tweet rumor. TBD dates I do the same. Those get leaked sooner. We only stay for night or 4 o'clock games. I've seen em go up at least 50 once schedule is out. I had 9 different res for games last year on leaks and rumors. Cancelled 6 cause they were wrong or didn't need 2 rooms that game etc
Posted By: jaybird Re: Thursday schedule release.. - 05/09/23 01:21 AM
they need to announcer it earlier.... season ticket holders gotta make plans....
Posted By: lampdogg Re: Thursday schedule release.. - 05/09/23 03:18 AM
If the NFL cared about the fans and the hoops er have to jump through at times, they wouldn’t even have flex games.
Posted By: jaybird Re: Thursday schedule release.. - 05/09/23 03:44 AM
Originally Posted by lampdogg
If the NFL cared about the fans and the hoops er have to jump through at times, they wouldn’t even have flex games.

Agreed... hate flex games...
Posted By: Ballpeen Re: Thursday schedule release.. - 05/09/23 07:18 AM

I always think about guys like you who need to start planning and booking rooms. The NFL pushing the schedule release back each year isn’t easy I’m sure.

I hope we get a primetime home game or two. I’d expect one home and one away. 2-3 total primetime games.

I also expect us to have a few 4:25 starts due to our schedule

It was close to being a problem before I retired. I was filling my schedule around 4 months out. Not so much anymore.

As for 4PM starts, we will have a boatload of those playing, I guess it is the NFC west. Time change adjustments are harder going from west to east, so most of those games played here in the east get a 4pm start as well. We might have 5 of them.
Posted By: Ballpeen Re: Thursday schedule release.. - 05/09/23 07:27 AM
You are probably right. We'll see. I checked my usual hotel, a Marriott Courtyard in Berea. It was still holding at $110 per night. I have been checking because they are under a remodel..I figure once that is finished the rate will jump $40-50 per night. I guess I'll find out for sure Friday morning. I would consider booking weeks now, but there are just too many potential dates to book, then go back and cancel. Too much room for screw up on my end. I could see that turning in to a real mess.
Posted By: Southwestdawg Re: Thursday schedule release.. - 05/09/23 11:38 AM

Houston is a 3 hr drive from here. I haven't been to a game years. I will try to get to this one.
Posted By: Southwestdawg Re: Thursday schedule release.. - 05/09/23 11:42 AM
You are probably right. We'll see. I checked my usual hotel, a Marriott Courtyard in Berea. It was still holding at $110 per night. I have been checking because they are under a remodel..I figure once that is finished the rate will jump $40-50 per night. I guess I'll find out for sure Friday morning. I would consider booking weeks now, but there are just too many potential dates to book, then go back and cancel. Too much room for screw up on my end. I could see that turning in to a real mess.

I check the NRA site for room discounts when I travel to Ohio to see the family. The have decent discounts. I also check my discounts through USAA as well.
Posted By: Milk Man Re: Thursday schedule release.. - 05/09/23 12:02 PM
j/c...

Posted By: Ballpeen Re: Thursday schedule release.. - 05/09/23 12:55 PM
Originally Posted by Southwestdawg

I check the NRA site for room discounts when I travel to Ohio to see the family. The have decent discounts. I also check my discounts through USAA as well.

I rarely look anymore...have AARP, AAA. I book Mariott about 99% of the time. My senior status and Platimum level always beats those. On the times where I end up booking with another outfit, usually because of availability, I tag one of the others with the booking to save a few bucks.

I have found that you need to end up sticking with one hotel chain to end up getting the best discounts and perks. I went with Marriott because they have a dozen different brands across all price points except the super cheapy hotel, you can find them all over the world, and Marriott holds the franchise owners to some standards, so you are shocked if you don't get a nice room.
Posted By: Ballpeen Re: Thursday schedule release.. - 05/09/23 01:00 PM
I was wondering when the NFL would loosen the NFC/AFC games tied to one network.

Heck, this could open up what i want: All Byes done in a 2-3 week period mid season. Just shut the NFC down 1 week, the AFC the next. Everybody gets their bye at mid season. This stretching it out from week 4 until week 15 or whatever it is, is moronic.
Posted By: Dawgs4Life Re: Thursday schedule release.. - 05/09/23 02:03 PM
One rumbling: NY Jets at Cleveland on Christmas Day (4:30 PM)
Posted By: Ballpeen Re: Thursday schedule release.. - 05/09/23 02:22 PM

We had the Christmas game last year. I don't think we get it again this year. I don't think owners are happy about that home game, so it is spread around. The players might like it, but players don't have influence over the schedule.

I don't think home fans like that day. At least the fans who actually go to games. The fans who haven't been to a game in 20 years, it makes no difference to them. They are going to be sitting in Aurora like they always do wanting to see a game for free.
Posted By: Dawgs4Life Re: Thursday schedule release.. - 05/09/23 02:35 PM
https://twitter.com/ericjerseyvill/status/1655708561597509633?s=20
Posted By: Frenchy Re: Thursday schedule release.. - 05/09/23 04:37 PM
Whats the best Marriott brand hotel within walking distance of the stadium? Used to stay at the Holiday Inn that was close. I also use the Marriott rewards.

Love the night games, staying the night, being lazy getting home
Posted By: Milk Man Re: Thursday schedule release.. - 05/09/23 05:17 PM
The Ritz Carlton
Metropolitan at the 9
The Westin
Marriott Downtown in the Key Tower
Posted By: steve0255 Re: Thursday schedule release.. - 05/09/23 06:07 PM
https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/...aa0c&ET_CID=271151&ET_RID=713506

Hardest schedules
1. Eagles: 161-123-4 (.566)
2. Dolphins: 158-127-2 (.554)
3. Patriots: 156-128-3 (.549)
T-4. Cowboys: 156-128-4 (.549)
T-4. Giants: 157-129-2 (.549)
6. Jets: 155-129-3 (.545)
7. Bills: 155-131-2 (.542)
8. Commanders: 153-133-2 (.535)
9. Rams: 152-133-3 (.533)
10. Raiders: 150-136-2 (.524)

Easiest schedules
1. Falcons: 119-167-3 (.417)
2. Saints: 122-164-3 (.427)
3. Texans: 123-163-2 (.431)
4. Colts: 124-162-2 (.434)
5. Titans: 127-157-4 (.448)
6. Panthers: 130-157-2 (.453)
7. Browns: 131-154-2 (.460)
8. Steelers 134-151-2 (.470)
9. Packers: 137-151-1 (.476)
10. Jaguars: 135-148-4 (.477)
Posted By: Day of the Dawg Re: Thursday schedule release.. - 05/09/23 06:52 PM

We had the Christmas game last year. I don't think we get it again this year. I don't think owners are happy about that home game, so it is spread around. The players might like it, but players don't have influence over the schedule.

I don't think home fans like that day. At least the fans who actually go to games. The fans who haven't been to a game in 20 years, it makes no difference to them. They are going to be sitting in Aurora like they always do wanting to see a game for free.

Actually the Browns had the Christmas Eve game last year vs the Saints and not Christmas Day.
Posted By: PitDAWG Re: Thursday schedule release.. - 05/09/23 06:56 PM

I can't say I disagree with you. The people who spend the most money out of pocket are those who seem to be considered the least. Of course I would be sitting in Nashville.

I think the fact that the most money generated is by the TV contracts makes the NFL cater far more to the TV audience for ratings than to the loyalist of fans who pay for season tickets and actually attend the games. And if I were in their position I certainly wouldn't he happy about that.
Posted By: Ballpeen Re: Thursday schedule release.. - 05/09/23 10:46 PM
Originally Posted by Day of the Dawg

Actually the Browns had the Christmas Eve game last year vs the Saints and not Christmas Day.

OK...Christmas Eve...same thing IMO. The point is many fans go somwhere for Christmas..Grandma's, and having a game at home that day makes it difficult for many home fans to attend. Most would prefer their team be away that day, or Christmas Day....or EVE. It's a time to be home with family.
Posted By: THROW LONG Re: Thursday schedule release.. - 05/10/23 01:12 AM
looked at opp, earlier ,
Browns don't play the bills patriots and dolphins
they don't play the chiefs, the raiders or chargers, this year.

therefore, the tight presumed race in the AFC for the top positions will likely , by rule, come down to tie breakers again,
and div. games

No games hold more weight than your div games to tie breaks but, maybe they do, it'...complicated,
there are two green ribbon games

Home to the Jets, b/c a win there gives you a leg up on the half of the afc east you don't play

and At the Broncos b/c a win there gives you a leg up on the half of the afc west teams that you don't play,

Blue ribbon, if you win them, it really really helps

yellow ribbon if you lose them, it really really hurts your chances of getting in if you have a same win loss record at the end,
might as well tie the yellow ribbon around the oak tree b/c your chances to get in the playoffs will need rescued.

yellow and blue make green, so a green ribbon game.

the Browns finished in 4th place in their div. last year so the jets and the broncos should be the least tuff option by schedule makers
but
then aaron Rodgers

Home against the jets and at the broncos

You better be prepared to pull out all the stops to win those, there will be no make up days

all the stops
Posted By: jaybird Re: Thursday schedule release.. - 05/10/23 02:52 AM
Originally Posted by Southwestdawg

Houston is a 3 hr drive from here. I haven't been to a game years. I will try to get to this one.

You should! I love when Cleveland comes to Houston because I get a chance to see them up close!
Posted By: MemphisBrownie Re: Thursday schedule release.. - 05/10/23 11:11 AM
Posted By: Dawgs4Life Re: Thursday schedule release.. - 05/10/23 11:39 AM
Looks like Cincy at KC week 1 to open the year
Posted By: Ballpeen Re: Thursday schedule release.. - 05/10/23 11:55 AM
Originally Posted by MemphisBrownie

It's pretty obvious we aren't far from international play.

It will be interesting to see how they do that. I don't like the idea, but it is going to happen. It will be interesting to see how they pull it off.
Posted By: Dawgs4Life Re: Thursday schedule release.. - 05/10/23 12:05 PM
Scratch that .. Cincy at KC on NYE
Posted By: Ballpeen Re: Thursday schedule release.. - 05/10/23 12:06 PM
We will find out tomorrow.
Posted By: MemphisBrownie Re: Thursday schedule release.. - 05/10/23 12:38 PM

The London Jaguars, IMO, is just a matter of time. How many games have they played over there? It's been at least one game every year, right?
Posted By: Dawgs4Life Re: Thursday schedule release.. - 05/10/23 01:04 PM
We are slowly working our way to a full Europe slate one way or another. Sooner than later we’ll have either a division overseas or every team will take a turn each year
Posted By: Dawgs4Life Re: Thursday schedule release.. - 05/10/23 01:07 PM
Eagles/Giants on Christmas
Posted By: Dawgs4Life Re: Thursday schedule release.. - 05/10/23 01:07 PM
jets/Dolphins on Black Friday
Posted By: Milk Man Re: Thursday schedule release.. - 05/10/23 01:21 PM
Scratch that .. Cincy at KC on NYE

Posted By: Milk Man Re: Thursday schedule release.. - 05/10/23 01:21 PM
Eagles/Giants on Christmas

Posted By: Milk Man Re: Thursday schedule release.. - 05/10/23 01:22 PM
jets/Dolphins on Black Friday

Posted By: Dawgs4Life Re: Thursday schedule release.. - 05/10/23 01:37 PM
Thanks milk
Posted By: PrplPplEater Re: Thursday schedule release.. - 05/10/23 01:44 PM
A two hour "event" to release the NFL schedule is THE ultimate version of "a meeting that should have been an email".
Posted By: FrankZ Re: Thursday schedule release.. - 05/10/23 01:46 PM
Can we just have our football at 1PM on Sunday.
Posted By: Dawgs4Life Re: Thursday schedule release.. - 05/10/23 02:30 PM
Lol the announcements get more and more outlandish too … an announcement for the announcement to the announcement
Posted By: AZBrown Re: Thursday schedule release.. - 05/10/23 02:46 PM
Originally Posted by FrankZ

This.

10am out here. Gotta keep the afternoon nap.
Posted By: FrankZ Re: Thursday schedule release.. - 05/10/23 03:05 PM
Originally Posted by AZBrown

This.

I can be convinced on some 4PM. Make it easier to get ribs ready before the fun.
Posted By: Ballpeen Re: Thursday schedule release.. - 05/10/23 03:17 PM

This.

I can be convinced on some 4PM. Make it easier to get ribs ready before the fun.

This.

Well Frank, you will probably get 4-5 games this year.

As has been said, I like a 1PM kick myself. I wake up early. I am ready to fire up the coals at 4AM if that is what is required . Maybe start the shoulder the night before. Ribs don't take that long.
Posted By: FrankZ Re: Thursday schedule release.. - 05/10/23 03:21 PM

This.

This.

Well Frank, you will probably get 4-5 games this year.

As has been said, I like a 1PM kick myself. I wake up early. I am ready to fire up the coals at 4AM if that is what is required . Maybe start the shoulder the night before. Ribs don't take that long.

I'm not getting up at 4AM. Ugh. smile

Spares are a 5ish hour thing with getting the smoker up and stable to final rest before portioning. We like to eat before the game and be cleaned up and put away by kickoff. I target food for noon on a 1PM kickoff.
Posted By: Ballpeen Re: Thursday schedule release.. - 05/10/23 03:45 PM
I understand. I do get up around 3-4 every morning.

I know the 5-6 hours for ribs. So, you have to get things going by 6am or so. Not a big difference.

Done a lot of smoking in my day. You have a general idea, but when people ask "when are we eating", the only real answer is "when it's done".

It's kind of a combination between art and science, and art doesn't have specific boundaries. You just have to let it happen. Every fire, outside air temp, and cut of meat are different, so dinner time is different.

I'll ring the dinner bell when it is done.
Posted By: Dawgs4Life Re: Thursday schedule release.. - 05/10/23 04:22 PM
If I had my way, we’d have more 4:25 starts than anything. I like watching all of the games at 1 and then being kinda on our own in the evening. Plus, something cool about watching the game in the fall as the day turns to night. Good vibes for me
Posted By: Frenchy Re: Thursday schedule release.. - 05/10/23 04:54 PM
Im hoping our bye is during the October 8th weekend. Will be in Arizona and getting up at 9:00 to watch a 10:00am kickoff, would really suck, at least for me.
Posted By: PitDAWG Re: Thursday schedule release.. - 05/10/23 05:01 PM
Originally Posted by PrplPplEater
A two hour "event" to release the NFL schedule is THE ultimate version of "a meeting that should have been an email".

Well it is being shown on "The NFL Network" and I can't think of anything else more important going on in the NFL than the schedule release at this point in time. I guess I would more question there actually being a need for a network created strictly for the NFL than anything else. But if you're going to have one, this is probably the most important thing going on the in the NFL that you could center your coverage around for today.
Posted By: Dawgs4Life Re: Thursday schedule release.. - 05/10/23 05:07 PM
I think we should get to the point where they release the schedule in sections:

Weeks 1-4, 5-8, etc
Posted By: THROW LONG Re: Thursday schedule release.. - 05/10/23 09:59 PM
I have 20I6 itus....... I:00 pm games???
no, because then, I only feel worse when they lose for more of the hours of the clock on sunday, and don't get new hope until Wednesday anyway. and they almost always lose so, when they play at 8pm, ... at least at seven pm, eight pm, maybe even 8:30, I don't feel bad, not even until eleven, and then it's time to sleep anyway.
I:00 pm games, they are overrated, sometimes.
Posted By: Dawgs4Life Re: Thursday schedule release.. - 05/10/23 10:53 PM
Ozzy

@OzzyNFL
Hearing Browns on the road week 1.
Posted By: jaybird Re: Thursday schedule release.. - 05/11/23 01:16 AM

Agree... I will just check in late Thursday or Friday morning... not watching a release show...
Posted By: Ballpeen Re: Thursday schedule release.. - 05/11/23 11:03 AM
If I had my way, we’d have more 4:25 starts than anything. I like watching all of the games at 1 and then being kinda on our own in the evening. Plus, something cool about watching the game in the fall as the day turns to night. Good vibes for me

If I go to the game, I like the later start for some of the same reasons. It also allows for a nice pre-game brunch almost anywhere in town. If I am at home, I hate the later start. I have to watch games at a local bar. We have a section for us, but you almost have to go way early to get the seats, then if the other games run long, they won't turn off a game in progress so many times my game doesn't come on at the opening kick. That is a big time jinx IMO.
Posted By: Ballpeen Re: Thursday schedule release.. - 05/11/23 11:07 AM
Originally Posted by jaybird

Agree... I will just check in late Thursday or Friday morning... not watching a release show...

Agree as well. I am interested in finding out. Once the show starts, you can usually find the entire release online.

I like to plan and plot of my fall weekends. I can't do that until I have the schedule.
Posted By: Dawgs4Life Re: Thursday schedule release.. - 05/11/23 11:32 AM
Opening Game of the season: Detroit at KC … big time game for Detroit

Christmas Night: Baltimore at SF
Posted By: Dawgs4Life Re: Thursday schedule release.. - 05/11/23 11:32 AM
SF getting both a Thanksgiving game and a Christmas game is pretty crazy
Posted By: Dawgs4Life Re: Thursday schedule release.. - 05/11/23 11:37 AM
@NerdingOnNFL
NFL SCHEDULE LEAK

Green Bay Packers Full Schedule

1 - at Bears (4:05)
2 - at Falcons
3 - vs Saints
4 - Lions TNF
5 - at Raiders MNF
6 - BYE
7 - at Broncos (4:25)
8 - vs Vikings
9 - vs Rams
10 - at Steelers
11 - vs Chargers
12 - at Lions (Thanksgiving)
13 - vs Chiefs (SNF)
14 - at Giants (MNF)
15 - vs Buccaneers
16 - at Panthers
17 - at Vikings (SNF)
18 - vs Bears
Posted By: Dawgs4Life Re: Thursday schedule release.. - 05/11/23 11:37 AM
Packers getting FIVE primetime games AND Thanksgiving without Rodgers is crazy
Posted By: Dawgs4Life Re: Thursday schedule release.. - 05/11/23 12:11 PM
Vikings at Eagles (Week 2 - TNF)
Posted By: MemphisBrownie Re: Thursday schedule release.. - 05/11/23 12:13 PM

The Lions, huh?
Posted By: Dawgs4Life Re: Thursday schedule release.. - 05/11/23 12:20 PM
Sounds like we are opening up on the road
Posted By: Dawgs4Life Re: Thursday schedule release.. - 05/11/23 12:32 PM
Ozzy

@OzzyNFL
·
45s
NFL SCHEDULE NEWS:

Browns Week 1. AFC North game. TBD
Posted By: MemphisBrownie Re: Thursday schedule release.. - 05/11/23 01:06 PM
Ozzy

@OzzyNFL
·
45s
NFL SCHEDULE NEWS:

Guessing Pittsburgh.
Posted By: Dawgs4Life Re: Thursday schedule release.. - 05/11/23 01:06 PM
That would make sense
Posted By: PitDAWG Re: Thursday schedule release.. - 05/11/23 02:43 PM
then if the other games run long, they won't turn off a game in progress so many times my game doesn't come on at the opening kick. That is a big time jinx IMO.

I suppose one has to blame the results of the product they've been seeing since 1999 on something. I guess this is as good as anything. naughtydevil
Posted By: MemphisBrownie Re: Thursday schedule release.. - 05/11/23 02:49 PM
Ozzy

@OzzyNFL
·
45s
NFL SCHEDULE NEWS:

Guessing Pittsburgh.

Posted By: PitDAWG Re: Thursday schedule release.. - 05/11/23 02:49 PM
Guessing Pittsburgh.

That does make sense. But then I think one would have to ask, since the QB is the focus of the NFL, does a Watson vs Pickett match up sound that appealing given it could be a Watson vs Burrow or Jackson match up to open the season?
Posted By: Dawgs4Life Re: Thursday schedule release.. - 05/11/23 03:12 PM
So,

Week 1 - Cincinnati (1:00 CBS)

I’m going to guess that week 2 will be at home as well. Against SF. They like to play weeks 1/2 in the east to avoid the hot weather in their stadium
Posted By: PitDAWG Re: Thursday schedule release.. - 05/11/23 03:19 PM
Last year the 49'ers week 2 game was at home against the Seahawks.
Posted By: Dawgs4Life Re: Thursday schedule release.. - 05/11/23 04:16 PM
Well yeah, the NFL probably can’t always accommodate that. But I know they typically try to do it that way
Posted By: PitDAWG Re: Thursday schedule release.. - 05/11/23 04:46 PM
Actually I haven't found trying to avoid hot weather games has played any impact in the scheduling. In fact, when it comes to hot weather, San Fransisco is in northern California where the average daytime highs in September are 70 degrees with peak temperatures reaching into the mid 80's. There are much hotter NFL cities than San Fran. Looking at actual hot weather cities it seems it's very common for their home openers to be either the first or second week of the season. Just last season as an example.

The Dolphins first game of 2022 was at home. The Cardinals first game was at home. The Cowboys first game was at home. The Texans first game was at home. The Jaguars second game was at home. And so on it goes. It actually appears as though having multiple away games to start the season is somewhat rare and certainly isn't anything close to something the NFL schedules around being a warm weather team.
Posted By: Ballpeen Re: Thursday schedule release.. - 05/11/23 05:20 PM
Originally Posted by PitDAWG
then if the other games run long, they won't turn off a game in progress so many times my game doesn't come on at the opening kick. That is a big time jinx IMO.

I suppose one has to blame the results of the product they've been seeing since 1999 on something. I guess this is as good as anything. naughtydevil

I have felt that way since I was a kid. You don't miss the opening kick, pitch, or puck drop. If you do, you lose about 90% of the time.
Posted By: Ballpeen Re: Thursday schedule release.. - 05/11/23 05:22 PM
So,

I’m going to guess that week 2 will be at home as well. Against SF. They like to play weeks 1/2 in the east to avoid the hot weather in their stadium

It doesn't get all that hot in SF.
Posted By: FrankZ Re: Thursday schedule release.. - 05/11/23 05:30 PM
Originally Posted by PitDAWG
Actually I haven't found trying to avoid hot weather games has played any impact in the scheduling. In fact, when it comes to hot weather, San Fransisco is in northern California where the average daytime highs in September are 70 degrees with peak temperatures reaching into the mid 80's.

“The coldest winter I ever spent was a summer in San Francisco.” Attributed but not actually said by Mark Twain.
Posted By: steve0255 Re: Thursday schedule release.. - 05/11/23 05:35 PM
https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/...aa0c&ET_CID=271512&ET_RID=713506

2023 NFL schedule leaks: Here's a running list of every leaked game and rumor ahead of Thursday's release
Follow along as we track every NFL schedule leak
John Breech

By John Breech
5 hrs ago

The 2023 NFL schedule won't officially be released until Thursday night, but that doesn't mean you have to wait until then to find out when your favorite team will be playing this season.

Every year, a good chunk of the schedule leaks out early and we'll be covering those leaks right here. And trust me, there will be leaks. As a matter of fact, the Packers entire schedule leaked out on Thursday morning.

Also, let's not forget that we already know the times and dates of several games that will be played this year because the NFL has slowly been revealing them this week. Not only do we already know which 10 teams will be heading abroad to play an international game this year, but we also know four of the six teams who will be playing on Christmas as part of the NFL's first-ever Monday tripleheader.

With that in mind, here's a running list of every officially announced game and a list of of every leaked game. (And remember, the leaked games aren't official until the NFL announces them):

Week 1 (Sept. 7-11)
Thursday, Sept. 7
Lions at Chiefs, 8:20 p.m. ET (NBC) (Source)
Sunday, Sept. 10
Panthers at Falcons (Source)
Buccaneers at Vikings (Source)
Packers at Bears, 4:25 p.m. ET (Fox) (Source)
Eagles at Patriots (Source)
Cowboys at Giants, 8:20 p.m. ET (NBC) (Source)
Monday, Sept. 11
Bills at Jets, 8:15 p.m. ET (ESPN)

Week 2 (Sept. 14-18)
Thursday, Sept. 14
Vikings at Eagles, 8:15 p.m. ET (Amazon Prime) (Source)
Sunday, Sept. 17
Packers at Falcons, 1 p.m. ET (Fox) (Source)
Giants at Cardinals, 4:05 p.m. ET (Source)
Dolphins at Patriots, 8:20 p.m. ET (NBC) (Source)
Monday, Sept. 18
TBA at TBA, 7:15 p.m. ET (ESPN)

Week 3 (Sept. 21-25)
Thursday, Sept. 21
Giants at 49ers, 8:15 p.m. ET (Amazon Prime) (Source)
Sunday, Sept. 24
Saints at Packers, 1 p.m. ET (Fox) (Source)
Chargers at Vikings (Source)
Steelers at Raiders (Source)
Cowboys at Cardinals, 4:25 p.m. ET (Source)
Monday, Sept. 25
TBA at TBA, 8:15 p.m. ET (ESPN)

Week 4 (Sept. 28-Oct. 2)
Thursday, Sept. 28
TBA at TBA, 8:15 p.m. ET (Amazon Prime)
Sunday, Oct. 1
Falcons at Jaguars in London, 9:30 a.m. ET (ESPN+)
Vikings at Panthers (Source)
Chiefs at Jets, 8:20 p.m. ET (NBC) (Source)
Monday, Oct. 2
Seahawks at Giants, 8:15 p.m. ET (ESPN) (Source)

Week 5 (Oct. 5-9)
Thursday, Oct. 5
Bears at Commanders, 8:15 p.m. ET (Amazon Prime) (Source)
Sunday, Oct. 8
Jaguars at Bills in London, 9:30 a.m. ET (NFL Network)
Bengals at Cardinals, 4:05 p.m. ET (Source)
Chiefs at Vikings (Source)
Giants at Dolphins (Source)
Cowboys at 49ers, 8:20 p.m. ET (NBC)
Monday, Oct. 9
Packers at Raiders, 8:15 p.m. ET (ESPN) (Source)

Week 6 (Oct. 12-16)
Thursday, Oct. 12
TBA at TBA 8:15 p.m. ET (Amazon Prime)
Sunday, Oct. 15
Ravens at Titans in London, 9:30 a.m. ET (NFL Network)
Vikings at Bears (Source)
Giants at Bills (Source)
Monday, Oct. 16

Week 7 (Oct. 19-23)
Thursday, Oct. 19
TBA at TBA 8:15 p.m. ET (Amazon Prime)
Sunday, Oct. 22
Giants at Commanders (Source)
Packers at Broncos, 4:25 p.m. ET (CBS) (Source)
Monday, Oct. 23
49ers at Vikings, 8:15 p.m. ET (ESPN) (Source)

Week 8 (Oct. 26-30)
Thursday, Oct. 26
Sunday, Oct. 29
Jets at Giants, 1 p.m. ET (Source)
Vikings at Packers, 1 p.m. ET (Fox) (Source)
Ravens at Cardinals, 4:25 p.m. ET (Source)
Monday, Oct. 30

Week 9 (Nov. 2-6)
Thursday, Nov. 2
Sunday, Nov. 5
Dolphins at Chiefs in Frankfurt (Germany), 9:30 a.m. ET (NFL Network)
Rams at Packers, 1 p.m. ET (Fox) (Source)
Giants at Raiders (Source)
Vikings at Falcons (Source)
Monday, Nov. 6

Week 10 (Nov. 9-13)
Thursday, Nov. 9
Sunday, Nov. 12
Colts at Patriots in Frankfurt (Germany), 9:30 a.m. ET (NFL Network)
Packers at Steelers, 1 p.m. ET (CBS) (Source)
Falcons at Cardinals, 4:05 p.m. ET (Source)
Saints at Vikings (Source)
Giants at Cowboys (Source)
Monday, Nov. 13

Week 11(Nov. 16-20)
Thursday, Nov. 16
Sunday, Nov. 19
Chargers at Packers, 1 p.m. ET (Fox) (Source)
Commanders at Giants (Source)
Vikings at Broncos, 8:20 p.m. ET (NBC) (Source)
Monday, Nov. 20

Week 12 (Nov. 23-27 — Thanksgiving Week)
Thursday, Nov. 23 (Thanksgiving)
Packers at Lions, 12:30 p.m. ET (Fox) (Source)
Commanders at Cowboys, 4:30 p.m. ET (CBS) (Source)
49ers at Seahawks, 8:20 p.m. ET (NBC) (Source)
Friday, Nov. 24 (Black Friday)
Dolphins at Jets, 3 p.m. ET (Amazon Prime)
Sunday, Nov. 26
Patriots at Giants (Source)
Steelers at Bengals (Source)
Rams at Cardinals, 4:05 p.m. ET (Source)
Monday, Nov. 27
Bears at Vikings, 8:15 p.m. ET (ESPN) (Source)

Week 13 (Nov. 30-Dec. 4)
Thursday, Nov. 30
Sunday, Dec. 3
49ers at Eagles, 4:25 p.m. ET (Fox)
Chiefs at Packers, 8:20 p.m. ET (NBC) (Source)
Monday, Dec. 4
Bengals at Jaguars, 8:15 p.m. ET (ESPN) (Source)

Week 14 (Dec. 7-11)
Thursday, Dec. 7
Sunday, Dec. 10
Vikings at Raiders (Source)
Monday, Dec. 11
Packers at Giants, 8:15 p.m. ET (ESPN) (Source)

Week 15 (Dec. 14-18)
Thursday, Dec. 14
Sunday, Dec. 17
Buccaneers at Packers, 1 p.m. ET (Fox) (Source)
Giants at Saints (Source)
49ers at Cardinals, 4:05 p.m. ET (Source)
Vikings at Bengals (Source) FLEX OPTION
Monday, Dec. 18
Week 15 note: Up to three Sunday games could be flexed to Saturday.

Week 16 (Dec. 21-25)
Thursday, Dec. 21
Sunday, Dec. 24 (Christmas Eve)
Packers at Panthers, 1 p.m. ET (Fox) (Source)
Lions at Vikings (Source)
Commanders at Jets (Source)
Monday, Dec. 25 (Christmas)
Raiders at Chiefs, 1 p.m. ET (CBS, Nickelodeon)
Giants at Eagles, 4:30 p.m. ET (Fox)
TBA at TBA, 8:20 p.m. ET (NBC or ESPN)

Week 17 (Dec. 28-Jan 1)
Thursday, Dec. 28
Sunday, Dec. 31
Rams at Giants (Source)
Steelers at Seahawks (Source)
Bengals at Chiefs, 4:25 p.m. ET (CBS)
Packers at Vikings, 8:20 p.m. ET (NBC) (Source)
Monday, Jan. 1

Week 18 (Jan 6-7)
Saturday, Jan. 6 or Sunday, Jan. 7
Bears at Packers (Source)
Vikings at Lions
Seahawks at Cardinals (Source)
49ers-Rams
Cowboys at Commanders (Source)
Eagles at Giants
Note: There are no Thursday or Monday games in Week 18. All games will be played on Sunday except for two that will be flexed into ESPN's Saturday night doubleheader.
Posted By: Dawgs4Life Re: Thursday schedule release.. - 05/11/23 06:29 PM
So,

It doesn't get all that hot in SF.
Their stadium was built with a terrible angle with the sun. It’s been an ongoing issue there in September
Posted By: Dawgs4Life Re: Thursday schedule release.. - 05/11/23 06:29 PM
Browns at Bengals - Week 18
Posted By: Dawgs4Life Re: Thursday schedule release.. - 05/11/23 06:40 PM
Week 15 - Chicago at Cleveland
Posted By: GratefulDawg Re: Thursday schedule release.. - 05/11/23 06:59 PM
Posted By: GratefulDawg Re: Thursday schedule release.. - 05/11/23 07:00 PM
Posted By: MemphisBrownie Re: Thursday schedule release.. - 05/11/23 07:10 PM
Originally Posted by GratefulDawg

Are they going to finally adhere to my years' long request?!?!

- The first three games against division opponents
- Everyone else
- The last three games against division opponents

Probably not but if the rumors are true, we're halfway there.

Nevermind.....I saw the rumor of Week 11 and Pittsburgh. Sigh.
Posted By: GratefulDawg Re: Thursday schedule release.. - 05/11/23 07:51 PM
Posted By: GratefulDawg Re: Thursday schedule release.. - 05/11/23 07:52 PM
Posted By: steve0255 Re: Thursday schedule release.. - 05/11/23 08:22 PM
UPDATE ON LEAKED GAMES

Sunday, Nov. 19
Steelers at Browns (Source)

Week 18 (Jan 6-7)
Steelers at Ravens (Source)
Bengals-Browns
Posted By: steve0255 Re: Thursday schedule release.. - 05/11/23 09:20 PM
UPDATE OF LEAKED GAMES

Week 8 (Oct. 26-30)
Sunday, Oct. 29
Browns at Seahawks (Source)

Week 11 (Nov 16-20)
Sunday, Nov. 19

Week 18 (Jan 6-7)
Bengals-Browns
Posted By: Dawgs4Life Re: Thursday schedule release.. - 05/11/23 09:38 PM
Jets at Browns (12/28) is a Thursday night game. Last TNF of the year. Strange schedule
Posted By: Dawgs4Life Re: Thursday schedule release.. - 05/11/23 09:54 PM
Week 1 - Sunday, September 10 - Cincinnati (1:00 CBS)
Week 2 - Monday, September 18 - at Pittsburgh (8:30 ABC)
Week 3
Week 4 - Sunday, October 1 - Baltimore (1:00 CBS)
Week 5
Week 6 - Sunday, October 15 - San Francisco (1:00 CBS)
Week 7
Week 8 - Sunday, October 29 - at Seattle (4:05 FOX)
Week 9
Week 10 - Sunday, November 12 - at Baltimore (1:00 CBS)
Week 11 - Sunday, November 19 - Pittsburgh (1:00 CBS)
Week 12 - Sunday, November 26 - Jacksonville (1:00 CBS)
Week 13
Week 14
Week 15 - Sunday, December 17 - Chicago (1:00 FOX)
Week 16
Week 17 - Thursday, December 28 - NY Jets (8:20 PRIME)
Week 18 - Sunday, January 7 - at Cincinnati (1:00 CBS)

Piecing stuff together, here’s what we know so far
Posted By: steve0255 Re: Thursday schedule release.. - 05/11/23 10:04 PM
UPDATE OF LEAKED GAMES

Week 1 (Sept. 7-11)
Sunday, Sept. 10
49ers at Steelers (Source)

Week 2 (Sept. 14-18)

Week 3 (Sept. 21-25)
Sunday, Sept. 24

Week 4 (Sept. 28-Oct. 2)
Sunday, Oct. 1
Steelers at Texans (Source)

Week 5 (Oct. 5-9)
Sunday, Oct. 8
Ravens at Steelers (Source)

Week 6 (Oct. 12-16)

Week 7 (Oct. 19-23)
Sunday, Oct. 22
Steelers at Rams (Source)

Week 8 (Oct. 26-30)
Sunday, Oct. 29

Week 9 (Nov. 2-6)
Sunday, Nov. 5
Bills at Bengals, 8:20 p.m. ET (NBC) (Source)

Week 10 (Nov. 9-13)
Sunday, Nov. 12

Week 11 (Nov 16-20)
Sunday, Nov. 19

Sunday, Nov. 26

Week 13 (Nov. 30-Dec. 4)
Monday, Dec. 4

Week 14 (Dec. 7-11)

Week 15 (Dec. 14-18)
Sunday, Dec. 17

Week 16 (Dec. 21-25)
Bengals at Steelers (Source)
Ravens at 49ers, 8:20 p.m. ET (NBC or ESPN)
Week 16 note: Like Week 15, there is expected to be Saturday games in Week 16

Week 17 (Dec. 28-Jan 1)
Sunday, Dec. 31

Week 18 (Jan 6-7)
Bengals-Browns
Posted By: steve0255 Re: Thursday schedule release.. - 05/11/23 10:23 PM
UPDATE OF LEAKED GAMES

Week 1 (Sept. 7-11)
Sunday, Sept. 10
49ers at Steelers (Source)
Bengals at Browns (1:00 CBS)

Week 2 (Sept. 14-18)
Monday, Sept. 18
Browns at Steelers (8:30 ABC)

Week 3 (Sept. 21-25)
Sunday, Sept. 24

Week 4 (Sept. 28-Oct. 2)
Sunday, Oct. 1
Steelers at Texans (Source)
Ravens at Browns (1:00 CBS)

Week 5 (Oct. 5-9)
Sunday, Oct. 8
Ravens at Steelers (Source)

Week 6 (Oct. 12-16)
49ers at Browns (1:00 CBS)

Week 7 (Oct. 19-23)
Sunday, Oct. 22
Steelers at Rams (Source)

Week 8 (Oct. 26-30)
Sunday, Oct. 29

Week 9 (Nov. 2-6)
Sunday, Nov. 5
Bills at Bengals, 8:20 p.m. ET (NBC) (Source)

Week 10 (Nov. 9-13)
Sunday, Nov. 12
Browns at Ravens (1:00 CBS)

Week 11 (Nov 16-20)
Sunday, Nov. 19

Sunday, Nov. 26
Jaguars at Browns (1:00 CBS)

Week 13 (Nov. 30-Dec. 4)
Monday, Dec. 4

Week 14 (Dec. 7-11)

Week 15 (Dec. 14-18)
Sunday, Dec. 17
Bears at Browns (1:00 FOX)

Week 16 (Dec. 21-25)
Bengals at Steelers (Source)
Ravens at 49ers, 8:20 p.m. ET (NBC or ESPN)

Week 17 (Dec. 28-Jan 1)
Thursday, Dec. 28
NY Jets at Browns (8:20 PRIME)
Sunday, Dec. 31

Week 18 (Jan 6-7)
Browns at Bengals
Posted By: Dawgs4Life Re: Thursday schedule release.. - 05/11/23 10:50 PM
titans at Browns week 3

We better win the home games early
Posted By: Dawgs4Life Re: Thursday schedule release.. - 05/11/23 10:51 PM
Week 1 - Sunday, September 10 - Cincinnati (1:00 CBS)
Week 2 - Monday, September 18 - at Pittsburgh (8:30 ABC)
Week 3 - Sunday, September 24 - Tennessee (1:00 CBS)
Week 4 - Sunday, October 1 - Baltimore (1:00 CBS)
Week 5
Week 6 - Sunday, October 15 - San Francisco (1:00 CBS)
Week 7
Week 8 - Sunday, October 29 - at Seattle (4:05 FOX)
Week 9
Week 10 - Sunday, November 12 - at Baltimore (1:00 CBS)
Week 11 - Sunday, November 19 - Pittsburgh (1:00 CBS)
Week 12 - Sunday, November 26 - Jacksonville (1:00 CBS)
Week 13
Week 14
Week 15 - Sunday, December 17 - Chicago (1:00 FOX)
Week 16
Week 17 - Thursday, December 28 - NY Jets (8:20 PRIME)
Week 18 - Sunday, January 7 - at Cincinnati (1:00 CBS)
Posted By: GratefulDawg Re: Thursday schedule release.. - 05/11/23 11:53 PM
Posted By: Bull_Dawg Re: Thursday schedule release.. - 05/12/23 12:08 AM
Posted By: Pdawg Re: Thursday schedule release.. - 05/12/23 12:09 AM
Posted By: EveDawg Re: Thursday schedule release.. - 05/12/23 12:17 AM
Stupid. Why is our team so lame.
Posted By: Milk Man Re: Thursday schedule release.. - 05/12/23 12:42 AM
j/c...

Seventeen new opportunities!

Interesting schedule overall. Browns are in a great position to seize early control of the division.

Two games in prime time seems right, the Browns were not going to get a SNF game this year.

Four games on FOX. I like that all games are now open to any network. Heavy doses of Spero Dedes shall be missed!
Posted By: GratefulDawg Re: Thursday schedule release.. - 05/12/23 12:52 AM
That was a painful watch
Posted By: FrankZ Re: Thursday schedule release.. - 05/12/23 12:54 AM
I don't love it but I don't hate it.

I'd like the bye a little later but I suppose it will do.
Posted By: GratefulDawg Re: Thursday schedule release.. - 05/12/23 12:56 AM
Posted By: DaveyD Re: Thursday schedule release.. - 05/12/23 12:57 AM
Originally Posted by Pdawg

Wow, was that that bad. I mean, real bad.
Posted By: GratefulDawg Re: Thursday schedule release.. - 05/12/23 01:02 AM
Posted By: YTownBrownsFan Re: Thursday schedule release.. - 05/12/23 01:04 AM
Originally Posted by DaveyD

Wow, was that that bad. I mean, real bad.

Umm .... ok. crazy
Posted By: jaybird Re: Thursday schedule release.. - 05/12/23 01:08 AM
Originally Posted by EveDawg

That was dumb...

not a bad schedule... would have liked the bye to be later..
Posted By: Milk Man Re: Thursday schedule release.. - 05/12/23 01:08 AM

The Bear. Great show! Can't wait for season 2.
Posted By: Ballpeen Re: Thursday schedule release.. - 05/12/23 01:09 AM

Yep...always trust the security guy who just started. The Haslams probably had him to their home to discuss the plans.
Posted By: jaybird Re: Thursday schedule release.. - 05/12/23 01:11 AM
I liked the Texans video... of course I was the Titans fan, so I might be biased... was pissed I couldn't be the Browns fan rofl

Posted By: Milk Man Re: Thursday schedule release.. - 05/12/23 01:12 AM

This has J-Dubs and Zegura written all over it. Zegura probably storyboarded it. He's buddies with The Miz.

I'm mortified, lol.
Posted By: GratefulDawg Re: Thursday schedule release.. - 05/12/23 01:12 AM
Posted By: jaybird Re: Thursday schedule release.. - 05/12/23 01:13 AM
That's pretty good
Posted By: Ballpeen Re: Thursday schedule release.. - 05/12/23 01:14 AM
Originally Posted by jaybird
Originally Posted by EveDawg

That was dumb...

not a bad schedule... would have liked the bye to be later..

I agree. A early bye only helps you if you get off to a slow start. It gives you a chance to improve the O or D, and or gives you a chance to replace the coach and have any chance to salvage something.

Stefanski needs to have the team ready to go week 1. I am not sure if camp cupcake is what we need this year. Our guys need to be blowing snot every play game 1.
Posted By: GratefulDawg Re: Thursday schedule release.. - 05/12/23 01:18 AM
Posted By: jaybird Re: Thursday schedule release.. - 05/12/23 01:21 AM
That was pretty good... but also sad how wrong they were....
Posted By: Pdawg Re: Thursday schedule release.. - 05/12/23 01:29 AM
Your the guy in the Titan jersey Jay?
Posted By: Pdawg Re: Thursday schedule release.. - 05/12/23 01:30 AM
Btw. Texans was much better than the Browns video
Posted By: jaybird Re: Thursday schedule release.. - 05/12/23 01:32 AM
Your the guy in the Titan jersey Jay?

Yeah - I work part time for the Texans and they asked us to help out with the video... I tried to be the Browns fan, but they already got Brodie the Dood smile

So I volunteered to be the Titans fan so I could at least wear an Eddie George jersey smile
Posted By: jaybird Re: Thursday schedule release.. - 05/12/23 01:32 AM
Btw. Texans was much better than the Browns video

yeah, I liked theirs a lot... just watched the Broncos and thought theirs was pretty good too
Posted By: DaveyD Re: Thursday schedule release.. - 05/12/23 01:33 AM

Hilarious. 100x better than the Browns elf cartoon wrestling garbage.
Posted By: steve0255 Re: Thursday schedule release.. - 05/12/23 01:37 AM
AFC NORTH SCHEDULE

Week 1 (Sept. 7-11)
Sunday, Sept. 10
49ers at Steelers, 1:00 p.m. ET
Bengals at Browns, 1:00 p.m. ET
Texans at Ravens, 1:00 p.m. ET

Week 2 (Sept. 14-18)
Sunday, Sept. 17
Ravens at Bengals, 1:00 p.m. ET
Monday, Sept. 18
Browns at Steelers, 8:30 p.m. ET

Week 3 (Sept. 21-25)
Sunday, Sept. 24
Titans at Browns, 1:00 p.m. ET
Colts at Ravens, 1:00 p.m. ET
Steelers at Raiders, 8:20 p.m. ET
Monday, Sept. 25
Rams at Bengals, 8:15 p.m. ET

Week 4 (Sept. 28-Oct. 2)
Sunday, Oct. 1
Bengals at Titans, 1:00 p.m. ET
Steelers at Texans, 1:00 p.m. ET
Ravens at Browns, 1:00 p.m. ET

Week 5 (Oct. 5-9)
BROWNS BYE WEEK
Sunday, Oct. 8
Ravens at Steelers, 1:00 p.m. ET
Bengals at Cardinals, 4:05 p.m. ET

Week 6 (Oct. 12-16)
STEELERS BYE WEEK
49ers at Browns (1:00 CBS)
Seahawks at Bengals, 1:00 p.m. ET

Week 7 (Oct. 19-23)
BENGALS BYE WEEK
Sunday, Oct. 22
Browns at Colts, 1:00 p.m. ET
Lions at Ravens, 1:00 p.m. ET
Steelers at Rams, 4:05 p.m. ET

Week 8 (Oct. 26-30)
Sunday, Oct. 29
Jaguars at Steelers, 1:00 p.m.ET
Browns at Seahawks, 4:05 p.m. ET
Ravens at Cardinals, 4:25 p.m. ET
Bengals at 49ers, 4:25 p.m. ET

Week 9 (Nov. 2-6)
Thursday, Nov. 2
Titans at Steelers, 8:15 p.m. ET
Sunday, Nov. 5
Cardinals at Browns, 1:00 p.m. ET
Seahawks at Ravens, 1:00 p.m.ET
Bills at Bengals, 8:20 p.m. ET

Week 10 (Nov. 9-13)
Sunday, Nov. 12
Packers at Steelers, 1:00 p.m. ET
Browns at Ravens, 1:00 p.m. ET
Texans at Bengals, 1:00 p.m. ET

Week 11 (Nov 16-20)
Thursday, Nov. 16
Bengals at Ravens, 8:15 p.m. ET
Sunday, Nov. 19
Steelers at Browns, 1:00 p.m. ET

Sunday, Nov. 26
Steelers at Bengals, 1:00 p.m. ET
Browns at Broncos, 4:05 p.m. ET
Ravens at Chargers, 8:20 p.m. ET

Week 13 (Nov. 30-Dec. 4)
RAVENS BYE WEEK
Sunday, Dec 3
Cardinals at Steelers, 1:00 p.m. ET
Browns at Rams, 4:25 p.m. ET
Monday, Dec. 4
Bengals at Jaguars, 8:15 p.m. ET

Week 14 (Dec. 7-11)
Thursday, Dec, 7
Patriots at Steelers, 8:15 p.m. ET
Sunday, Dec 10
Jaguars at Browns, 1:00 p.m. ET
Colts at Bengals, 1:00 p.m. ET
Rams at Ravens, 1:00 p.m. ET

Week 15 (Dec. 14-18)
Sunday, Dec. 17
Steelers at Colts, TBD Flex Option
Vikings at Bengals, TBD Flex Option
Bears at Browns, TBD Flex Option
Ravens at Jaguars, 8:20 p.m. ET

Week 16 (Dec. 21-25)
Saturday, Dec. 23
Bengals at Steelers, 4:30 p.m. ET
Browns @ Texans, 1:00 p.m. ET
Ravens at 49ers, 8:20 p.m. ET

Week 17 (Dec. 28-Jan 1)
Thursday, Dec. 28
NY Jets at Browns, 8:20 p.m. ET
Sunday, Dec. 31
Dolphins at Ravens, 1:00 p.m. ET
Steelers at Seahawks, 4:05 p.m. ET
Bengals at Chiefs, 4:25 p.m. ET

Week 18 (Jan 6-7)
Steelers at Ravens, TBD
Browns at Bengals, TBD
Posted By: Dawgs4Life Re: Thursday schedule release.. - 05/12/23 01:50 AM
A few thoughts on the schedule:

1. I’m not a huge fan of having so many high stakes games that early. 3 division games out of 4 to start the year. That’s not easy, especially for a team who doesn’t have much footing.

2. Don’t love that early of a bye week. I always hope it’s between weeks 8-10.

3. Having our Thursday night game so late in the year is odd. It could be VERY good if we are playoff bound and can use some rest.

4. That last game at Cincy could be beneficial. They might have clinched by then and rest guys while we are fighting for a wild card spot.

5. It’s the norm now, but I like having two west coast games back to back. We only have to travel out there once and kill two birds with one stone.

6. We have a fairly beneficial December. Denver, LA Rams, Chicago, Houston, NY Jets at home on a short week … let’s hope we’re in contention
Posted By: WooferDawg Re: Thursday schedule release.. - 05/12/23 02:59 AM
Normally 3 of the 4 games to end the season are against division opponents.. 1 of 4 seems weird.
Posted By: jaybird Re: Thursday schedule release.. - 05/12/23 03:04 AM
Originally Posted by WooferDawg
Normally 3 of the 4 games to end the season are against division opponents.. 1 of 4 seems weird.

didn't catch that but you're right.... 1 of the last 7 is a division game.... bit surprising....
Posted By: Bull_Dawg Re: Thursday schedule release.. - 05/12/23 03:49 AM
Posted By: Dawgs4Life Re: Thursday schedule release.. - 05/12/23 12:55 PM
Anybody see the exact date on Chicago? It says TBA … does that mean it could be Saturday?
Posted By: eotab Re: Thursday schedule release.. - 05/12/23 01:29 PM
I believe we are playing the Texans Christmas Eve 24th at 1pm

Jaguars will end up being a Europe team. They seem to play every year and I think a couple of times 2 games.
Posted By: Dawgs4Life Re: Thursday schedule release.. - 05/12/23 01:52 PM
We will almost certainly play in Europe next year as an away team. my guess is against Washington
Posted By: bonefish Re: Thursday schedule release.. - 05/12/23 02:06 PM
My take on the schedule is always the same.

Approach each game you play like it will determine if you will make the playoffs.

Every year each team churns about a third of their roster. We don't know what we don't know. Teams change. They change as the season is played.

No team is a guaranteed victory or cakewalk.

What players and coaches like is routine. They would like to play all the games on Sunday at 1:00. Less travel the better. Bye week in the middle is good.

Half the season is always the same except when the division games are played.

I can never look at the schedule and think I can predict the record.

I turn on the game and hope like hell to win that game.

I do believe we should be good enough to win any game. At the same time knowing we could lose as well.

This year I hope that crazy thing called luck is with us.
Posted By: Dawgs4Life Re: Thursday schedule release.. - 05/12/23 02:10 PM
It’s also big/lucky to play teams when they might be injured or vice versa. For example, playing Arizona week 1 without Kyler will be much different than playing them week 9 when he’s back
Posted By: Ballpeen Re: Thursday schedule release.. - 05/12/23 03:51 PM
Anybody see the exact date on Chicago? It says TBA … does that mean it could be Saturday?

Yep...a flex date
Posted By: Dawgs4Life Re: Thursday schedule release.. - 05/12/23 04:03 PM
Got it
Posted By: mgh888 Re: Thursday schedule release.. - 05/12/23 04:30 PM
https://twitter.com/AdamSchefter/status/1656841088726908936

Titans marketing dept with an outstanding job.
Posted By: Dawgs4Life Re: Thursday schedule release.. - 05/12/23 05:45 PM
That was funny
Posted By: FloridaFan Re: Thursday schedule release.. - 05/12/23 06:26 PM
Just goes to show, even as big as we think NFL is, there are still plenty of people just not that into it or knowledgeable about the NFL as a whole.
Posted By: 3rd_and_20 Re: Thursday schedule release.. - 05/12/23 09:58 PM

Watched it 3 times. Very very funny!
Posted By: PitDAWG Re: Thursday schedule release.. - 05/13/23 06:05 PM
One thing you can count on is young people in the party district of Nashville around spring break time is probably one of the best places to find people who don't know football.
Posted By: Dawg Citizen Re: Thursday schedule release.. - 05/13/23 07:00 PM
Strange that 3 of the first 4 games are against divisional teams. 2 of them are home games at least.
Posted By: THROW LONG Re: Thursday schedule release.. - 05/13/23 07:58 PM
Originally Posted by Dawg Citizen
Strange that 3 of the first 4 games are against divisional teams. 2 of them are home games at least.
the Stefanski coached Browns were bad in September of last year, I bet the NFL wanted to END the Browns hopes early b/c they hate Cleveland, and they continually think it's shiek, or en vogue, to dump on Ohio based sports teams.

and we can really be sure, well,
Has Kevin Stefanski had any of his previous years teams playing their best at the beginning of the year?
I think it's no.

What are they going to do differently this year,
to play better in the early part of the schedule?
Posted By: Dawg Citizen Re: Thursday schedule release.. - 05/13/23 08:21 PM
Way too early Browns win/loss prediction. 10-7
Posted By: THROW LONG Re: Thursday schedule release.. - 05/14/23 06:48 PM
I. Cincinnati
2. At Pittsburgh mnf
3. Tennessee
4. Ravens
bye week .........
6. san Francisco forty niners
7. At Indianapolis
8. At Seattle
. Arizona
I0. At Ravens
II. Pittsburgh
I2. AT Denver
I3. At LA Rams
I4. Jacksonville
I. Chicago
I6. AT Houston
I7. NY Jets, Thur.
I8. AT Cincinnati
Posted By: Bull_Dawg Re: Thursday schedule release.. - 06/06/23 09:19 PM
Posted By: lampdogg Re: Thursday schedule release.. - 06/06/23 11:25 PM
By far, they are nicer looking uniforms compared to the monstrosity-like colours they’ve used the past number of years
Posted By: HotBYoungTurk Re: Thursday schedule release.. - 06/11/23 11:52 PM
really liked those jerseys
Posted By: Dawgs4Life Re: Thursday schedule release.. - 06/12/23 02:16 PM
Originally Posted by Bull_Dawg
love this. some of my favorite uniforms from a nostalgia standpoint
Posted By: MemphisBrownie Re: Thursday schedule release.. - 06/12/23 04:04 PM
Posted By: PortlandDawg Re: Thursday schedule release.. - 06/12/23 04:16 PM
I hope this brush with the law is a wake up call to him. If he can learn to put the work in he’s got the frame and talent to be a bit of a freak.
Posted By: hitt Re: Thursday schedule release.. - 06/23/23 12:25 AM
Out at 3 am with a teammate ain't the smartest thing to be doing AFTER a brush with the law. Sad some of these guys have talent but not enough brains. Go Browns!!!
Posted By: Clemdawg Re: Thursday schedule release.. - 06/23/23 02:38 AM
That was a painful watch

I stopped at 0:38.
Life's too short, and I'm too old.
Posted By: MemphisBrownie Re: Thursday schedule release.. - 07/20/23 02:09 PM
j/c:

What the Colts will be wearing against us on 10/22
Posted By: Dawgs4Life Re: Thursday schedule release.. - 07/20/23 02:33 PM
so far the Steelers, Seahawks, and Colts have all decided to wear throwbacks against us
© DawgTalkers.net