DawgTalkers.net
Posted By: Day of the Dawg Hypothetical Jets Scenario - 09/12/23 04:35 PM
With Aaron Rogers out for the season I believe they will be looking for an experienced QB like Jacoby Brissett. But let's say they remembered DTR and how well he performed in the Hall of fame game and offered the Browns a high draft pick for DTR. Would you trade DTR if you were the GM? What would it take 1st? 2nd? or 3rd round pick? I think there is a team out there that will have to answer this question. More than likely Washington with Brissett.
Posted By: Rishuz Re: Hypothetical Jets Scenario - 09/12/23 04:52 PM
I would not trade DTR.
Posted By: MemphisBrownie Re: Hypothetical Jets Scenario - 09/12/23 05:06 PM
No.
Posted By: oobernoober Re: Hypothetical Jets Scenario - 09/12/23 05:16 PM
Do not taunt the football injury gods.
Posted By: Bull_Dawg Re: Hypothetical Jets Scenario - 09/12/23 05:28 PM
They already have their 2024 first and second picks tied up in the Rodgers trade until after the season. We're in our window now, so trading for anything in 2025 at the potential expense of now seems ill-advised.
Posted By: Ballpeen Re: Hypothetical Jets Scenario - 09/12/23 05:32 PM
Would I trade him? Sure, if the price was right. I'd trade Chubb if the price was right.

That said, nobody is going to trade for a rookie QB who looked good against 3rd stringers. Any value he has will be once he has NFL game film...real game film.
Posted By: Dawgs4Life Re: Hypothetical Jets Scenario - 09/12/23 05:32 PM
I'd keep him ... a solid QB future ranks above an unknown 2nd round pick
Posted By: PitDAWG Re: Hypothetical Jets Scenario - 09/12/23 05:39 PM
I think you have contrived a scenario which simply doesn't exist. See Peen's post for a reference. Nobody would offer that for a QB with zero actual game experience who built his stat sheet playing mainly against third stringers.
Posted By: vadawgfan07 Re: Hypothetical Jets Scenario - 09/12/23 06:10 PM
I had the opposite thought. What if the Jets inquired about Watson? What would it take to trade Watson and roll with DTR as the starter playing behind the rest of the Browns first team? In no way am I serious about this, it was just a thought that struck my mind.
Posted By: OldColdDawg Re: Hypothetical Jets Scenario - 09/12/23 06:14 PM
I hate the off field DW crap fest Cleveland brought upon all of us. That said, they’d be damned fools to even consider that.
Posted By: Bull_Dawg Re: Hypothetical Jets Scenario - 09/12/23 07:07 PM
Originally Posted by vadawgfan07
I had the opposite thought. What if the Jets inquired about Watson? What would it take to trade Watson and roll with DTR as the starter playing behind the rest of the Browns first team? In no way am I serious about this, it was just a thought that struck my mind.

Don't think the money would work. Pretty sure we're stuck with Watson for better or worse with the way the contract was setup.
Posted By: oobernoober Re: Hypothetical Jets Scenario - 09/13/23 12:03 AM
Not to mention that there's no way they'd be able to offer us a convincing trade package after trading for Rodgers.
Posted By: Dawgs4Life Re: Hypothetical Jets Scenario - 09/13/23 01:19 AM
Originally Posted by oobernoober
Not to mention that there's no way they'd be able to offer us a convincing trade package after trading for Rodgers.
unless it involves players .. Q Williams, Wilson, Hall etc smile
Posted By: jaybird Re: Hypothetical Jets Scenario - 09/13/23 02:26 AM
one... I'm not trading him.... two... they are going to want a vet....
Posted By: PrplPplEater Re: Hypothetical Jets Scenario - 09/13/23 03:25 AM
Originally Posted by jaybird
one... I'm not trading him.... two... they are going to want a vet....

Brady out of retirement...
Posted By: DeisleDawg Re: Hypothetical Jets Scenario - 09/13/23 01:46 PM
Originally Posted by PrplPplEater
Brady out of retirement...

The Frito lay Pepsi unretirement commercial cracked me up !!

Especially at the end when Brady says

" unretirement, who'd be dumb enough to do that "

Posted By: FATE Re: Hypothetical Jets Scenario - 09/13/23 01:51 PM
That was good!
Posted By: Frenchy Re: Hypothetical Jets Scenario - 09/13/23 04:36 PM
Jets still have their ‘24 1st round pick, it was a #1 if he played a certain % of plays, which he wont, making it a 2nd round pick
Posted By: Bull_Dawg Re: Hypothetical Jets Scenario - 09/13/23 04:54 PM
Just for clarification, They have it, but they can't use it until after the season because it's tied up in the Rodgers trade. Even though we already know he won't hit 65% of the Jets offensive snaps, the conditional compensation doesn't "trigger" until the Jets have played all of their offensive snaps, as I understand it. I'm guessing since that will be after the trade deadline, they won't be able to do anything with the 2024 1st rounder until the new league year starts. I think they're most likely to just use it to draft a rookie QB of their own at that point. ...Maybe an OT so next year's QB doesn't also see an early end to the season, be that 40 year old Rodgers trying to come back from the Achilles or someone else.
Posted By: mac Re: Hypothetical Jets Scenario - 09/13/23 05:08 PM
Originally Posted by FATE
That was good!

Yes it was.. thumbsup

© DawgTalkers.net