DawgTalkers.net
Posted By: ThomasE Jerome Ford - 09/19/23 04:54 PM
Haven't heard anyone even mention him or his performance, which I thought was pretty good, especially under the circumstances. Of course Chubb's injury is devastating and heartbreaking, and didn't have to happen except for the stoolers typical dirty play. We'll definitely miss his leadership and reliability but let's give Ford his due, root for him, and dedicate this season to Nick Chubb.
Posted By: PitDAWG Re: Jerome Ford - 09/19/23 05:05 PM
I have no idea who you think would not "root for him" to do well. But no matter how you slice it, he isn't and never will be a Nick Chubb. And I actually feel the Browns will add a better RB to the team. Or they may realize that without Chubb getting someone well a step below him would be futile. It's hard to know at this point.
Posted By: Dawgs4Life Re: Jerome Ford - 09/19/23 05:05 PM
He's going to get better (he already has), but he's not an every down back. Not great between the tackles. Our ability to churn out long drives is over
Posted By: Dawgs4Life Re: Jerome Ford - 09/19/23 05:09 PM
MoreForYouCleveland
@MoreForYou_CLE
#Browns have “checked in” on Cam Akers, per
@Schultz_Report
#DawgPound
Posted By: oobernoober Re: Jerome Ford - 09/19/23 05:50 PM
He seems to have all the physical tools. Correct me if I'm wrong, but where he seems to be lacking compared to Chubb (I know it's an unfair comparison, but he IS now the starting back) is vision. Chubb is smoother/faster from when he gets to the ball to hitting the LoS, and Ford seems to hesitate.
Posted By: OldColdDawg Re: Jerome Ford - 09/19/23 06:03 PM
I know a lot of you said that Hunt lost a step… I hope he got a call from Berry this morning.
Posted By: 3rd_and_20 Re: Jerome Ford - 09/19/23 06:31 PM
Originally Posted by OldColdDawg
I know a lot of you said that Hunt lost a step… I hope he got a call from Berry this morning.

Me too, OCD.
Posted By: Dawgs4Life Re: Jerome Ford - 09/19/23 06:36 PM
I would like to call the Jets about Carter
Posted By: MemphisBrownie Re: Jerome Ford - 09/19/23 06:39 PM
John Kelly SZN
Posted By: MemphisBrownie Re: Jerome Ford - 09/19/23 06:42 PM
Originally Posted by Dawgs4Life
I would like to call the Jets about Carter

Indeed.
Posted By: superbowldogg Re: Jerome Ford - 09/19/23 07:10 PM
I'd like James Robinson
Posted By: hitt Re: Jerome Ford - 09/19/23 08:34 PM
There is a reason Hunt isn't signed, if he's so good- other teams would have jumped on him. Ford did OK- our so called top 3 line sure got exposed- we're bad at pass block and running lanes where not very good. Will be interesting to watch what Browns do.......sample size of ONE last week, now, it is TWO- we looked less than a playoff team.
Posted By: leadtheway Re: Jerome Ford - 09/19/23 08:42 PM
what about Jonathan Taylor, he wants out of Indy, Chubb is going to miss atleast 2 seasons if he comes back at all, don't look for a stop gap, just go get an actual proven back
Posted By: Milk Man Re: Jerome Ford - 09/19/23 08:58 PM
j/c...

Posted By: MemphisBrownie Re: Jerome Ford - 09/19/23 09:05 PM
Originally Posted by MemphisBrownie
John Kelly SZN

Kareem Hunt SZN
Posted By: DeisleDawg Re: Jerome Ford - 09/19/23 09:06 PM
Originally Posted by leadtheway
Chubb is going to miss atleast 2 seasons if he comes back at all

He'll be posting videos of him him squating 700lbs instead of 675 mid April 2024
Posted By: Dawgs4Life Re: Jerome Ford - 09/19/23 10:34 PM
I don't love the idea of Hunt but I don't hate it either
Posted By: leadtheway Re: Jerome Ford - 09/19/23 10:34 PM
Originally Posted by DeisleDawg

He'll be posting videos of him him squating 700lbs instead of 675 mid April 2024
If anyone can it’s him, but I rather see a video of him cutting. Pretty sure no nfl back has come back from this
Posted By: DeisleDawg Re: Jerome Ford - 09/19/23 11:13 PM
Originally Posted by DeisleDawg

If anyone can it’s him, but I rather see a video of him cutting. Pretty sure no nfl back has come back from this

Not sure if any player has

Horrible thing
Posted By: ScottPlayersFacemask Re: Jerome Ford - 09/24/23 04:43 PM
Obviously I wish Chubb was out there today, however the season keeps moving forward. I’m looking forward to seeing Ford breakout this season. He will take his lumps, but I expect him to play well.
Posted By: oobernoober Re: Jerome Ford - 09/25/23 01:42 PM
You can see how he's taking small steps each game. Awesome to watch.

I'll also say that I'm really excited to have Hunt back. Dude has his history but seems to have turned it around. He was an important voice in the RB room before so I'm sure he will be again. He looked like he recovered a little bit of his previous pop.
Posted By: Day of the Dawg Re: Jerome Ford - 09/25/23 01:58 PM
Originally Posted by oobernoober
You can see how he's taking small steps each game. Awesome to watch.

I'll also say that I'm really excited to have Hunt back. Dude has his history but seems to have turned it around. He was an important voice in the RB room before so I'm sure he will be again. He looked like he recovered a little bit of his previous pop.

I agree and think that little screen pass Hunt executes so well would have really helped vs the Steelers to slow down that pass rush some.
Posted By: Dawgs4Life Re: Jerome Ford - 09/25/23 02:20 PM
yeah, our screen game vs Pitt was zip
Posted By: superbowldogg Re: Jerome Ford - 09/25/23 03:24 PM
as I am saying in the Hunt thread... the Ford experiment should be pretty much over. Maybe, they will give him the Ravens and game. But, if he doesn't do better... Berry will be forced to get another back right after the Ravens game so we can get them up to speed before we play the 49ers.

Ford has 160 yards with a 3.8 YPC and 50% of his yards to date have come on one play. Remove that one play... he's basically averaging what he did last year 2.25 YPC.

Meanwhile, Chubb was averaging 6.1 YPC with the same OL and a long of 20.
Posted By: Swish Re: Jerome Ford - 09/25/23 03:26 PM
Bro the titans sold out top stop the run, and yet Ford still had 2 total TDs, and it’s clear on the field he’s adjusting better to the speed of the game. Why you down on him
Posted By: Dawgs4Life Re: Jerome Ford - 09/25/23 04:30 PM
I personally think Ford has been OK. He's not going to get more yards than are there. As long as he doesn't fumble and gets what he can, Im good
Posted By: Day of the Dawg Re: Jerome Ford - 09/25/23 04:36 PM
He also has 3 Touchdown's in 3 games.
Posted By: DeisleDawg Re: Jerome Ford - 09/25/23 09:15 PM
Originally Posted by Swish
Bro the titans sold out top stop the run, and yet Ford still had 2 total TDs, and it’s clear on the field he’s adjusting better to the speed of the game. Why you down on him

I thought he did very well

First time starting, he didn't have Chubb and Hunt in front of him

He was out front on his own for the first time

Had to be a lot of pressure on him

And he handled it well !!
Posted By: lampdogg Re: Jerome Ford - 09/25/23 09:41 PM
He didn’t pile up big yards but he came up with some big plays. Two scores: a great run and finish, and then he caught their DB looking into the backfield and gave him a beauty “see ya later” move. We’ll have a running game by committee approach. Pretty damn hard to replace Chubb. Let’s be Ford tough!

Edit: by the way, he ran for a TD yesterday and the celebration was low-key.
Chubb influence. Follow the true leader, I say.
Posted By: Homewood Dog Re: Jerome Ford - 09/25/23 10:11 PM
Ford doesn't have the vision or physical skills that Nick has but he's more than capable and has room to improve with more touches. Having Kareem back will help too.
Posted By: Dawgs4Life Re: Jerome Ford - 09/25/23 10:19 PM
I definitely have seen Ford improve since the preseason. He needs to continue to work on getting those hard yards IMO. Chubb was a master at turning 2 into 4
Posted By: Ballpeen Re: Jerome Ford - 09/25/23 10:25 PM
I can see Ford has no chance with some posters because he isn't Chubb.

And just a note, the Titans run D is as good as ours.
Posted By: Dawgs4Life Re: Jerome Ford - 09/25/23 10:36 PM
good point peen. Titans, niners, Washington ... some really really good run Ds
Posted By: Milk Man Re: Jerome Ford - 09/25/23 11:15 PM
Originally Posted by Ballpeen
And just a note, the Titans run D is as good as ours.

Exactly.

Posted By: Rishuz Re: Jerome Ford - 09/26/23 09:24 AM
Originally Posted by lampdogg
Edit: by the way, he ran for a TD yesterday and the celebration was low-key.
Chubb influence. Follow the true leader, I say.

I love low key but how come no one's jumping into the dawg pound? That should be every players dream when scoring at home on that end, especially for the first time. Both Ford and Coop seemed oblivious.
Posted By: Rishuz Re: Jerome Ford - 09/26/23 09:27 AM
I definitely have seen Ford improve since the preseason. He needs to continue to work on getting those hard yards IMO. Chubb was a master at turning 2 into 4

I don't know why people put a ceiling on guys based on in the moment evidence. It was obvious Ford was nervous as hell when Chubb went down but settled into playing as the game went on. You could see his confidence just continue to build. And I thought he had a nice game this past week as well. I think it's only going to continue to get better from here.
Posted By: ScottPlayersFacemask Re: Jerome Ford - 09/26/23 11:12 AM

I assume you mean since game 1. He didn’t play in the preseason. So far he’s done well with getting hard yards. He usually gets a yard plus after contact or falls forward on most carries to this point. He’s turned a couple of of negative plays into big runs. Like a few others, comparing him to one of the best RBs in the game will make anyone look below average to average.

Week 1
[video:youtube]
[/video]

Week 2
[/video]

Week 3
[/video]
Posted By: Milk Man Re: Jerome Ford - 09/26/23 12:51 PM
Originally Posted by Rishuz
I love low key but how come no one's jumping into the dawg pound? That should be every players dream when scoring at home on that end, especially for the first time. Both Ford and Coop seemed oblivious.

The Haslam's installed field seats in front of the dawg pound this year blocking access for players to jump into the dawg pound (see the color coded blue 'field end zone seating).

#GPODAWUND

https://static.clubs.nfl.com/image/upload/browns/oua3ctrt9xaeocxqgtef
Posted By: Rishuz Re: Jerome Ford - 09/26/23 01:35 PM
Are you serious?

Wow.
Posted By: Rishuz Re: Jerome Ford - 09/26/23 01:37 PM
Sounds like a JDubbs idea.
Posted By: FATE Re: Jerome Ford - 09/26/23 01:52 PM
Field-level cushioned seats, valet parking, premium unlimited food and drink in private club, player access (allegedly).

$10,500 - $15,000 per seat.
Posted By: Rishuz Re: Jerome Ford - 09/26/23 01:57 PM
I get the economics of it.

Just seems sacrilegious to take that away from the fans and players.

Guess Haslam isn't making enough money.
Posted By: FATE Re: Jerome Ford - 09/26/23 02:22 PM
I don't like it. It will get expanded with the reno and we'll have five rows of people golf-clapping and taking selfies by 2028. This is just the test drive for logistics, accommodations, etc...

That's not Cleveland football. And that's what the Club levels are for.
Posted By: Dawgs4Life Re: Jerome Ford - 09/26/23 02:53 PM
I have access to a suite 2-3 times per year and rumor was that this past weekend the food was CRAZY good ... they must be upgrading based on the new seat revenue lol
Posted By: Ballpeen Re: Jerome Ford - 09/26/23 05:53 PM
Sounds like a JDubbs idea.

A good idea. They sell seats. They are in the business of selling seats, right? If I can stick seats that sell for several thousand in front of bleacher seats that go for maybe $70, I would put 5 rows in front if I could. So would you.
Posted By: PrplPplEater Re: Jerome Ford - 09/26/23 07:40 PM
Originally Posted by FATE
That's not Cleveland football.

I normally poo-poo this entire concept, but in this instance, I agree completely. This is some L.A./Hollywood crap; but, money talks and the rest walk.
Posted By: PitDAWG Re: Jerome Ford - 09/26/23 08:52 PM
I get the economics of it.

Just seems sacrilegious to take that away from the fans and players.

Guess Haslam isn't making enough money.

"It's a marketing world" - Jimmy Halsam
Posted By: FATE Re: Jerome Ford - 09/26/23 10:10 PM
Originally Posted by PrplPplEater

I normally poo-poo this entire concept, but in this instance, I agree completely. This is some L.A./Hollywood crap; but, money talks and the rest walk.

Not only that, but I'll crunch the numbers...

5.5 million in revenue per year (460 more seats @ 12,000 average)

Costs: I'm sure the build-out is 10M plus.
All food and drink is included, so that's a cost, not profit.
Valet parking costs?
Staffing costs for new club section?
I'm sure you can subtract a cool million per year...

Three year analysis...
13.5M profit - 10M cost = 3.5M

3.5 million sounds great to you or me, the Browns do well over 500M in revenue per year... that's 0.2%

Stadium is CLOSED in three years for a multi-year multi-billion renovation. Why not just wait 'til then?

If you want to cater to those that are made of money, carve out a large, field-level section between the 30s on both sidelines with the 'new' stadium. Don't jerk with the people that really pay the bills. Field-level box seats in front of the Dawg Pound is a travesty.

JM2¢
Posted By: DeisleDawg Re: Jerome Ford - 09/26/23 10:41 PM
Field-level cushioned seats, valet parking, premium unlimited food and drink in private club, player access (allegedly).

$10,500 - $15,000 per seat.

Just curious, anyone notice if people are sitting in these seats ?
Posted By: Ballpeen Re: Jerome Ford - 09/27/23 02:51 AM
Originally Posted by PrplPplEater

Not only that, but I'll crunch the numbers...

5.5 million in revenue per year (460 more seats @ 12,000 average)

Costs: I'm sure the build-out is 10M plus.
All food and drink is included, so that's a cost, not profit.
Valet parking costs?
Staffing costs for new club section?
I'm sure you can subtract a cool million per year...

Three year analysis...
13.5M profit - 10M cost = 3.5M

3.5 million sounds great to you or me, the Browns do well over 500M in revenue per year... that's 0.2%

Stadium is CLOSED in three years for a multi-year multi-billion renovation. Why not just wait 'til then?

If you want to cater to those that are made of money, carve out a large, field-level section between the 30s on both sidelines with the 'new' stadium. Don't jerk with the people that really pay the bills. Field-level box seats in front of the Dawg Pound is a travesty.

JM2¢

I am being serious...why? The pound seats are a bit higher. I don't think the new seats impede the view.

IMO, field level seats in an end zone would have to be the worst seats possible, for at least 1/2 of the game. Actually more until the team got down to about the 20. My wife worked with a guy at the hospital, and he had pound season tickets. I bought several games a year from him for 2-3 years. It was kind of cool for a while, but cold bleacher seats got old pretty quick.

It's not as glamorous as some think. They are cheap seats for a reason

As for the ones paying for things. I disagree. There are a lot more seats in the stadium paying for things than the front row of the pound. Come on, you owned a business. You know the 8 stools at the counter weren't paying for more than the 60 other seats you had. That makes no sense.
Posted By: superbowldogg Re: Jerome Ford - 10/01/23 10:56 PM
Originally Posted by superbowldogg
as I am saying in the Hunt thread... the Ford experiment should be pretty much over. Maybe, they will give him the Ravens and game. But, if he doesn't do better... Berry will be forced to get another back right after the Ravens game so we can get them up to speed before we play the 49ers.

Ford has 160 yards with a 3.8 YPC and 50% of his yards to date have come on one play. Remove that one play... he's basically averaging what he did last year 2.25 YPC.

Meanwhile, Chubb was averaging 6.1 YPC with the same OL and a long of 20.

Another week goes by and his rushing data is normalizing... his YPC was at 2.9 YPC today. He had 9 carries for 26 yards.

He's just a sub-3-yard back that we need to move on from and test out Strong or bring in another back before it is too late.
Posted By: Ballpeen Re: Jerome Ford - 10/01/23 10:58 PM
What did Hunt do?

I didn't see any back gaining yards.
Posted By: leadtheway Re: Jerome Ford - 10/02/23 12:27 AM
When Chubb went down we should have went after Taylor as a permanent solution. That would have allowed us to keep going as normal. Instead we put on a back that’s not proven anything and one who was meh last year and had no camp. We need a better option
Posted By: superbowldogg Re: Jerome Ford - 10/02/23 12:41 AM
Originally Posted by Ballpeen
What did Hunt do?

I didn't see any back gaining yards.

Hunt did what Hunt did last year. Not much besides pacifying fans.
Posted By: dawg66 Re: Jerome Ford - 10/02/23 01:13 AM
When Chubb went down we should have went after Taylor as a permanent solution. That would have allowed us to keep going as normal. Instead we put on a back that’s not proven anything and one who was meh last year and had no camp. We need a better option

If you are talking about Jonathan Taylor than I'm confused as to what he could have done the last 2 games when he's on the PUP list and isn't eligible to come off till this coming week. I don't believe you can trade a player when they are on the PUP lists anyways.
Posted By: Dawgs4Life Re: Jerome Ford - 10/02/23 02:01 AM
our entire offense is a failure today ... the OL, QB, RB, coaching staff, etc

In terms of Ford/Hunt ... they are just OK. Aren't meant to be lead backs
Posted By: leadtheway Re: Jerome Ford - 10/02/23 02:26 AM
Originally Posted by dawg66

If you are talking about Jonathan Taylor than I'm confused as to what he could have done the last 2 games when he's on the PUP list and isn't eligible to come off till this coming week. I don't believe you can trade a player when they are on the PUP lists anyways.
We absolutely could have traded for him. He was put on the pup when a trade didn’t come. He was mentioned in many articles as an option. He would be costly but well worth at as he’s every bit as good as Chubb. Maybe a bit better because he’s a true dual threat
Posted By: dawg66 Re: Jerome Ford - 10/02/23 03:19 AM
Taylor was put on the PUP list on before the season even started so why would we have traded for Taylor when we still had a healthy Chubb at the time? Also it was reported that Indy wanted at least a1st rnd pick that we do not have.
Posted By: Ballpeen Re: Jerome Ford - 10/02/23 08:36 AM
Taylor was put on the PUP list on before the season even started so why would we have traded for Taylor when we still had a healthy Chubb at the time? Also it was reported that Indy wanted at least a1st rnd pick that we do not have.

Those are just details. Details, schmetails....lol
Posted By: GMdawg Re: Jerome Ford - 10/02/23 11:01 AM

We could have signed Jim Brown and Otto Graham in their prime, and leadtheway would have cried and told you how bad they suck.
Posted By: leadtheway Re: Jerome Ford - 10/02/23 03:06 PM
Originally Posted by GMdawg

We could have signed Jim Brown and Otto Graham in their prime, and leadtheway would have cried and told you how bad they suck.
so jerome ford=Jim brown... got it... stick to selling cars
Posted By: superbowldogg Re: Jerome Ford - 10/07/23 05:59 PM
now that Indy has signed Taylor to a 3 year contract what about the Browns trading for Zack Moss?

he should be plug & play.
Posted By: Bull_Dawg Re: Jerome Ford - 10/07/23 06:52 PM
Originally Posted by superbowldogg
now that Indy has signed Taylor to a 3 year contract what about the Browns trading for Zack Moss?

he should be plug & play.

I doubt the value will work out for both sides. He has enough value to them that he's likely more expensive than I'd be willing to give. Who knows, though.
Posted By: steve0255 Re: Jerome Ford - 10/07/23 07:15 PM
Moss is in the final year of his rookie contract and has a salary of $1,139,260 for the 2023 season. There is nothing cost prohibitive about his contract. He was originally a 3rd round draft pick (86th overall by the Bills) in 2020 so I'd expect the cost to be a little higher than a 3rd round pick right now. He is only 26 though so that needs to be considered.
© DawgTalkers.net