DawgTalkers.net
Posted By: DeisleDawg Nick Chubb Tribute - 09/19/23 11:24 PM
Want to put out a thank you and best wishes for a really good recovery for Nick

Chubb gave the Browns teams and fans hope

He is in a bad place right now and just want to let him know

The fans behind the team Love and appreciate all he did for all of us !

He more then likely won't see this

But I hope as fans we can at least put in a thank you or a simple like to this post

To show support to Nick 24 Cubb

Posted By: Dawgs4Life Re: Nick Chubb Tribute - 09/19/23 11:30 PM
he's brought us a lot of great memories honestly ... I can think of at least 10 big runs
Posted By: DeisleDawg Re: Nick Chubb Tribute - 09/19/23 11:51 PM
Originally Posted by Dawgs4Life
he's brought us a lot of great memories honestly ... I can think of at least 10 big runs

Can you post any of them ?
Posted By: steve0255 Re: Nick Chubb Tribute - 09/20/23 12:03 AM
Thank You NICK!
Posted By: Dawgs4Life Re: Nick Chubb Tribute - 09/20/23 12:17 AM
I don't know how to post videos ... off the top of my head:

- huge first game with two long runs in Oakland
- big (90 yard?) run vs Atlanta
- screen pass at Heinz Field in the playoffs for a TD
- playoff clinching run at home when Fitzpatrick whiffed
- long, winding run vs Chargers
- huge winning run against Texans when he went OB
- behind the defenders back TD grab in Cincy
- stiff arm run vs Philadelphia
- stiff arm run vs Pittsburgh
- HUGE run at Baltimore when we drilled them there
Posted By: DeisleDawg Re: Nick Chubb Tribute - 09/20/23 12:19 AM
Nice Thank you !
Posted By: DeisleDawg Re: Nick Chubb Tribute - 09/20/23 12:25 AM
76 views one like thank you j

and browns fans saying

got to run Chubb more
Posted By: EveDawg Re: Nick Chubb Tribute - 09/20/23 12:44 AM
Thank you Nick!

I was at the game vs ATL where he had the huge run. It was amazing. And the only Browns game I've been to where they won. Yes that is sad. ooo
Posted By: lampdogg Re: Nick Chubb Tribute - 09/20/23 12:59 AM
See you back playing in 2024, Nick Chubb, our best player and a true Brown.

But geez, to some on these boards, can we stop with the crybaby bs (no offense to anyone) and get behind the rest of the season? At least until next week?

We’re two weeks in, 1-1, our D looks good. If we don’t give up two D scores we beat them.

Chubb’s injury had me down last night and I almost didn’t care if we won. The game sucked after that play. It wasn’t Fitzpatrick’s fault, it was football.
Posted By: DaveyD Re: Nick Chubb Tribute - 09/20/23 01:03 AM
Other than the Mary Kay tweet, has there been any official news on the extent of Chubb's injury?
Posted By: DeisleDawg Re: Nick Chubb Tribute - 09/20/23 01:07 AM
All I heard was surgery would tell more

thank goodness it wasn't a main artery
Posted By: Dawgs4Life Re: Nick Chubb Tribute - 09/20/23 01:18 AM
they said multiple ligament tears and possible fractures
Posted By: oobernoober Re: Nick Chubb Tribute - 09/20/23 01:34 AM
I don't know how to post videos ... off the top of my head:

- huge first game with two long runs in Oakland
- big (90 yard?) run vs Atlanta
- screen pass at Heinz Field in the playoffs for a TD
- playoff clinching run at home when Fitzpatrick whiffed
- long, winding run vs Chargers
- huge winning run against Texans when he went OB
- behind the defenders back TD grab in Cincy
- stiff arm run vs Philadelphia
- stiff arm run vs Pittsburgh
- HUGE run at Baltimore when we drilled them there

Nothing tops that one picture of the red zone TD in Baltimore with the trail of broken Raven defenders behind him.
Posted By: Dawgs4Life Re: Nick Chubb Tribute - 09/20/23 01:35 AM
yes that's a great image
Posted By: archbolddawg Re: Nick Chubb Tribute - 09/20/23 01:45 AM
Watched that vid. I am so sad that we might not ever see Chub run for the browns again. The dude was stand up in his personal life and his pro life. ........................
Posted By: Pdawg Re: Nick Chubb Tribute - 09/20/23 01:53 AM
Thank you for years of hard work and the moments of happiness that it gave so many.
Posted By: Pdawg Re: Nick Chubb Tribute - 09/20/23 02:06 AM
[video:youtube]https://youtube.com/shorts/UE_b5UyEUpo?si=z6wWONY5fpVOhKOV[/video]
Posted By: Milk Man Re: Nick Chubb Tribute - 09/20/23 03:29 AM
j/c...

Posted By: DaveyD Re: Nick Chubb Tribute - 09/20/23 04:04 AM
Posted By: Dawgs4Life Re: Nick Chubb Tribute - 09/20/23 11:35 AM
sounds pretty tough honestly. I feel so sick about it
Posted By: jfanent Re: Nick Chubb Tribute - 09/20/23 12:29 PM
I don't think I've ever been so affected by the loss of a player. I completely lost interest in the game after Nick went down, and I don't have much desire to watch the game this Sunday. I hope he realizes what a positive impact he's had on the fans, the Browns and the city. He is a true legend.
Posted By: Ballpeen Re: Nick Chubb Tribute - 09/20/23 12:31 PM
Did he die!?
Posted By: ScottPlayersFacemask Re: Nick Chubb Tribute - 09/20/23 01:17 PM
Originally Posted by Ballpeen
Did he die!?

My sarcasm side wanted to respond to this thread with: sorry for his families loss.
Posted By: PitDAWG Re: Nick Chubb Tribute - 09/20/23 03:24 PM
Originally Posted by Ballpeen
Did he die!?

Possibly his life in football did. His career may have. This was something devastating not only to Chubb but to his friends, family, the team and his fans.

j/c

There have been three players since the Browns returned in 1999 that I have had a great deal of respect for not only as players but as people who have been at least in part the face of the Browns. Joe Thomas, Nick Chubb and Myles Garrett. They embody not only what we hope and expect to see on the field, but off the field as well. The type of people that make you feel a sense of pride in your team.

I'm hoping Chubb makes a speedy and full recovery. We need him more than ever and no matter how anyone slices it, this team is markedly less without him.
Posted By: leadtheway Re: Nick Chubb Tribute - 09/20/23 03:46 PM
I don't think Minkah should play until Chubb does. I couldn't imagine intentionally hurting someone like that. Just typical steeler BS they get away with
Posted By: PrplPplEater Re: Nick Chubb Tribute - 09/20/23 07:22 PM
The best thing about this thread for me, which I'm screwing up by posting this, is that there were 24 comments waiting for me to see them in a thread about #24.
Posted By: JimDawg Re: Nick Chubb Tribute - 09/21/23 05:19 AM
I love Nick Chubb.

Posted By: bonefish Re: Nick Chubb Tribute - 09/21/23 12:23 PM
I felt the same way.

My interest in the game left when Nick was on the stretcher.

I felt Nick was going to have a great year. That the offense would begin to hit their stride after a few more games.

It hurt to see that injury.

I wanted to blame Fitzpatrick. But I don't think players try to injure other players. They all live with; it could happen to me.

I know it took the wind out of my sail. I am still numb.

Posted By: Dawgs4Life Re: Nick Chubb Tribute - 09/21/23 12:31 PM
me too Bone. I felt like our season was over right at that moment, along with feeling awful for Chubb.

I'm just not a fan of Watson and the way he has played/acted here ... of course, play better and we like him better too
Posted By: northlima dawg Re: Nick Chubb Tribute - 09/21/23 04:47 PM
https://wyrk.com/bills-fans-nick-ch...cQ-TLztvNXEXcQshKZnKy3OUvOXKyRvF8j33PQ9g

BILLS FANS DONATING MONEY TO NICK CHUBB’S FAVORITE CHARITY

We're already into week 3 of the 2023 NFL season and we have a ton of storylines on and off the field.

The Buffalo Bills ate 1-1, with a matchup against the Washington Commanders this Sunday. It's the first game between the two teams since 2019 (a win for the Bills at home).

As for the rest of the league, the injuries have been a huge talking point. There seems to be an abundance of injuries through the first two weeks of the season -- with high profile talent as well.

Get our free mobile app
Enter mobile number
The latest star player to go down was last night. It was also one of the most gruesome injuries we have witnessed in the last decade.

During the second quarter of the Monday Night Football game between the Cleveland Browns and Pittsburgh Steelers, Browns running back Nick Chubb was injured on a run play inside the 10-yard-line. It was a knee injury that ESPN did not even show a replay of, because of the nature of the video.

Chubb is out for the remainder of the 2023 season.

NFL fans and media members voiced sadness and frustration over Chubb's injury on social media, and Bills fans decided to help out Chubb by donating to his favorite charity.

Bills fans are donating to First Candle, which is a charity in Georgia that spreads awareness and helps to prevent SIDS and sleep-related infant deaths. Chubb's nephew Junior died from unexpected infant death and donated proceeds of his cereal, Chubb Crunch, to the cause. Chubb is from Georgia.

Now, Bills fans are supporting it with $24 donations, referring to the number 24 jersey that Chubb wears.

This is no new thing for Bills Mafia.

They donated to Lamar Jackson's charity after his injury in the AFC Divisional round playoff game in January of 2021. They also famously donated to the charity of Bills safety Damar Hamlin this past January, along with many of other NFL fans.

Let's help support this cause for Chubb.

Read More: Bills Fans Donating Money to Nick Chubb's Favorite Charity | https://wyrk.com/bills-fans-nick-ch...m_source=tsmclip&utm_medium=referral
Posted By: PitDAWG Re: Nick Chubb Tribute - 09/21/23 05:09 PM
That's a very kind and classy thing for them to do.
Posted By: bonefish Re: Nick Chubb Tribute - 09/21/23 05:51 PM
Football fans can hate their rivals. That is what rivalries are about.

At the same time fans respect players like Nick. His reputation in the league is stellar.

Nobody wants a player like Nick to get injured.

Seeing the response around sports to Nick is heart warming. I hope he heals well and no matter what happens. I wish him the best.
Posted By: Dawgs4Life Re: Nick Chubb Tribute - 09/23/23 09:06 PM
Adam Schefter
@AdamSchefter
Browns’ RB Nick Chubb is believed to have suffered only a torn MCL, per sources. His pre-surgery, projected recovery time is 6-8 months, per sources.

unreal!!
Posted By: Dawgs4Life Re: Nick Chubb Tribute - 09/23/23 09:07 PM
Dov Kleiman
@NFL_DovKleiman
·
2m
Good news for #Browns RB Nick Chubb, all things considered.

It is believed to have suffered "only" a torn MCL, per
@AdamSchefter

His pre-surgery, projected recovery time is 6-8 month.

It was initially feared he suffered a much worse injury
Posted By: YTownBrownsFan Re: Nick Chubb Tribute - 09/23/23 09:09 PM
Wow! If he only suffered an MCL, that's as good as it possibly could be!
Posted By: MemphisBrownie Re: Nick Chubb Tribute - 09/23/23 09:10 PM
Adam Schefter
@AdamSchefter
Browns’ RB Nick Chubb is believed to have suffered only a torn MCL, per sources. His pre-surgery, projected recovery time is 6-8 months, per sources.

unreal!!
Wow! That's great news!
Posted By: Milk Man Re: Nick Chubb Tribute - 09/23/23 09:14 PM
Adam Schefter
@AdamSchefter

unreal!!

Here's the link with the article. Absolutely incredible it was only his MCL. Great news!

Posted By: Rishuz Re: Nick Chubb Tribute - 09/23/23 09:22 PM
He's not human!
Posted By: Dawgs4Life Re: Nick Chubb Tribute - 09/23/23 09:22 PM
just a great piece of news honestly
Posted By: Homewood Dog Re: Nick Chubb Tribute - 09/23/23 09:30 PM
Great news!!! Have a speedy recovery Nick and God Bless!!!
Posted By: Dawgs4Life Re: Nick Chubb Tribute - 09/23/23 09:33 PM
that honestly eases my mind. I just didn't want his last career memory to be that image in Pittsburgh
Posted By: OldColdDawg Re: Nick Chubb Tribute - 09/23/23 11:25 PM
[video:youtube]
[/video]
Posted By: FATE Re: Nick Chubb Tribute - 09/24/23 12:14 AM
Color me totally dumbfounded.

Unreal. Go Chubb -- you are a freak of nature.
Posted By: Bull_Dawg Re: Nick Chubb Tribute - 09/24/23 12:35 AM
Hopefully the news stays positive once they're actually in there.
Posted By: PerfectSpiral Re: Nick Chubb Tribute - 09/24/23 12:48 AM
Hopeing he makes it back asap.
Posted By: JimDawg Re: Nick Chubb Tribute - 09/24/23 01:53 AM
I thought his career was over. I hate the injury, but this is about the best news we could get!

I love Nick Chubb!
Posted By: Dawgs4Life Re: Nick Chubb Tribute - 09/24/23 02:01 AM
They'll obviously know more, but the fact this is being reported is way better than I hoped
Posted By: EveDawg Re: Nick Chubb Tribute - 09/24/23 03:29 AM
This is amazing news. I saw that injury. He must be made of rubber.

All the prayers helped! Praise the Lord!
Posted By: DaveyD Re: Nick Chubb Tribute - 09/24/23 04:46 AM
The season-ending knee injury that Browns running back Nick Chubb sustained on Monday night was so horrific that ESPN declined to show the replay. And online, early reports indicated a total dislocation, which could have been career-threatening.

Chubb's reality is far more optimistic, sources say, after a battery of tests throughout the week. While Chubb was placed on injured reserve and will miss the remainder of the season, the very real possibility exists that he can return to 100% health and play again.

Sources say tests showed Chubb suffered a torn MCL, which will be surgically repaired next week. While his ACL did sustain some damage, it was not fully torn

There is still a chance, however, that Chubb must undergo full ACL reconstruction. If the surgeon examines the knee during surgery and determines there is enough damage done, a complete repair would be necessary. But going into the surgery, even with all the damage in the knee, it's not a given.

In addition, Chubb did not dislocate his kneecap and the other ligaments appear intact, sources say. Doctors may also repair Chubb's knee using two separate surgeries, which would be common given the injury.

Browns quarterback Deshaun Watson, like many on Monday night, immediately thought about Chubb's college injury in 2015 -- a dislocated kneecap, plus a torn PCL, MCL and LCL.

"Once we saw the replay and exactly what happened, just a lot of flashbacks to the previous one he had in college," Watson said on Sept. 18 after the Browns' 26-22 loss to the Pittsburgh Steelers.

Except this injury doesn't appear to be as traumatic as the one Chubb endured at the University of Georgia.

To be sure, four-time Pro Bowler faces months of recovery. But being ready for next season is within the realm of possibility.
Posted By: FATE Re: Nick Chubb Tribute - 09/24/23 01:09 PM
"Does he actually have a bionic knee?" I asked myself. So I went back to read about his original injury and original amazing recovery... Actually a very informative article:

An 'unprecedented' recovery: Nick Chubb returns from horrific injury, back into early Heisman
Posted By: PitDAWG Re: Nick Chubb Tribute - 09/24/23 01:41 PM
While what some are calling "news" sounds very positive, I've seen how seeing words like "thought to be", "believed to be" and "online reports" have often times been wrong. Like everyone I'm hoping for the best, at the same time I'm going to have to hear something more official before I can breathe a sigh of relief.
Posted By: Dawgs4Life Re: Nick Chubb Tribute - 09/24/23 02:03 PM
you just wonder about genetics ... some people can heal very quickly, or can avoid major injuries etc. The body is an amazing thing
Posted By: Bull_Dawg Re: Nick Chubb Tribute - 09/24/23 02:14 PM
you just wonder about genetics ... some people can heal very quickly, or can avoid major injuries etc. The body is an amazing thing

Chubb's got that Wolverine (X-Men not Michigan) gene.
Posted By: GMdawg Re: Nick Chubb Tribute - 09/24/23 02:22 PM
Originally Posted by PitDAWG
While what some are calling "news" sounds very positive, I've seen how seeing words like "thought to be", "believed to be" and "online reports" have often times been wrong. Like everyone I'm hoping for the best, at the same time I'm going to have to hear something more official before I can breathe a sigh of relief.

Bottom line.... we won't know sheet till they get in there and take a look.
Posted By: FATE Re: Nick Chubb Tribute - 09/24/23 02:48 PM

I remember Kenny Lofton returning very quickly from a torn rotator cuff. Surgery in mid-December, back in center field on opening day. They had the surgeon on a telecast early in the season. He said Kenny is just "wired differently" and he had never seen anything like it.

I think Chubb may be in the same category. Let's hope the surgery and rehab go well.
Posted By: PitDAWG Re: Nick Chubb Tribute - 09/24/23 03:07 PM
Originally Posted by GMdawg
Originally Posted by PitDAWG

Bottom line.... we won't know sheet till they get in there and take a look.

I agree.
Posted By: PrplPplEater Re: Nick Chubb Tribute - 09/24/23 03:41 PM
Adam Schefter
@AdamSchefter

unreal!!

That is, literally, almost unbelievable.
Posted By: Dawgs4Life Re: Nick Chubb Tribute - 09/24/23 03:48 PM
I agree purp .. just defies logic
Posted By: Homewood Dog Re: Nick Chubb Tribute - 09/24/23 04:02 PM
Definitely. Bothers us all that Nick got hurt like that. The way he was running I really believe we would have won that game. 64 yards on 10 carries. They couldn't stop him.
Posted By: DeisleDawg Re: Nick Chubb Tribute - 09/25/23 08:52 PM
While Chubb has since been placed on injured reserve due to that gruesome knee injury, there has since been some early optimism news surrounding the back's ailment. Initial tests conducted on the Chubb leave room for hope that he did not suffer a torn ACL, according to ESPN. However, the report does also note that doctors do believe the ACL was stretched on the play and that he may still be dealing with a torn MCL. Chubb's recovery timeline is reportedly between six and eight months.

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/...potentially-avoided-acl-tear-per-report/

Still early, but any good news is welcomed !
Posted By: Bull_Dawg Re: Nick Chubb Tribute - 09/30/23 10:13 PM

Bummer. That sounds like a lot more was involved than some were saying.
Posted By: Dawgs4Life Re: Nick Chubb Tribute - 09/30/23 11:03 PM
dangit
Posted By: OldColdDawg Re: Nick Chubb Tribute - 10/01/23 01:50 AM
They didn’t have to amputate, so I’m not counting Chubb out. He’ll come back full strength.
Posted By: PitDAWG Re: Nick Chubb Tribute - 10/01/23 03:02 PM
That's what some of us had feared. Preliminary reports sounded a little too positive considering what we had witnessed and I saw nothing anyone could consider official in any of those reports.
Posted By: mac Re: Nick Chubb Tribute - 10/01/23 03:37 PM
I would not count Nick out...but, I would never blame him if he decided to walk away from the game.
Posted By: WSU Willie Re: Nick Chubb Tribute - 10/01/23 03:38 PM
What caught my eye on the Chubb surgery report was the comment about 'repairing' the ACL. My son tore his ACL about 5 years ago. Pre-surgery, the surgeon said they wouldn't really know the extent of the damage until they got in there (via a scope) - although he was all-but-certain my son's was torn (and it was). If it wasn't torn, they would 'repair' it.

Anyway, I did not ask then ^ and do not know now what is meant by a 'repair'. So...it's not torn but it needs repaired. I think they kind of sew it back into a woven state - which is supposedly quite effective...I suppose depending upon how much damage there was...and I think that's all done via arthroscopy.

Any medical folks out there that can confirm - or deny - my comments there ^.
Posted By: PitDAWG Re: Nick Chubb Tribute - 10/01/23 03:40 PM
I certainly wouldn't make any prediction as it pertains to his return. He's certainly a fighter and a determined young man no matter which way he decides to move forward.
Posted By: Dawgs4Life Re: Nick Chubb Tribute - 10/01/23 03:43 PM
thanks for that info Willie. I didn't think of the wording
Posted By: Bull_Dawg Re: Nick Chubb Tribute - 10/01/23 04:30 PM
Any of the injuries individually wouldn't particularly worry me. Yet, the cumulative effect is troubling. It's a lot easier for one thing to heal if everything around it is sound. When it is essentially everything that is unsound, that's rough. If anyone can make it back, it's Chubb.
© DawgTalkers.net