DawgTalkers.net
Posted By: Dawgs4Life Delpit AND Okoronko Out for Season - 12/13/23 06:11 PM
Jake Trotter
@Jake_Trotter
Delpit isn't the only big loss for the #Browns defense. Per source, DE Ogbonnia Okoronkwo has a pectoral injury that could end his season. Obo is second on the Browns with 4.5 sacks.
Posted By: PrplPplEater Re: Delpit AND Okoronko Out for Season - 12/13/23 06:28 PM
Delpit, Oko, Mo, Philips, McCleod... we're getting THIN.
Posted By: dawglover05 Re: Delpit AND Okoronko Out for Season - 12/13/23 07:07 PM
I honestly think it would be easier at this point to put a list together of starters who are NOT out for the rest of the season. Might as well include the entire second string as well.
Posted By: Dawgs4Life Re: Delpit AND Okoronko Out for Season - 12/13/23 07:18 PM
Anything we achieve now is gravy (and it might have already been)
Posted By: JimDawg Re: Delpit AND Okoronko Out for Season - 12/13/23 07:31 PM
Obo is hurt too?????? We are done...
Posted By: slick Re: Delpit AND Okoronko Out for Season - 12/13/23 07:47 PM
In all my life I have never seen anything like this. Now 5 starters in a week. Never have I seen this.
Posted By: oobernoober Re: Delpit AND Okoronko Out for Season - 12/13/23 07:50 PM
Originally Posted by slick
In all my life I have never seen anything like this. Now 5 starters in a week. Never have I seen this.

The crazy part is that a good chunk of these are kinda coming out of nowhere. We knew had an idea about Delpit, but Hurst and Obo?
Posted By: DaveyD Re: Delpit AND Okoronko Out for Season - 12/13/23 07:52 PM
Why do the Football Gods hate us?
Posted By: slick Re: Delpit AND Okoronko Out for Season - 12/13/23 07:52 PM
Originally Posted by oobernoober

The crazy part is that a good chunk of these are kinda coming out of nowhere. We knew had an idea about Delpit, but Hurst and Obo?

Right! It doesn't make sense
Posted By: superbowldogg Re: Delpit AND Okoronko Out for Season - 12/13/23 11:35 PM
goose cooked.
Posted By: Dawgs4Life Re: Delpit AND Okoronko Out for Season - 12/14/23 01:25 PM
I give our team a lot of credit for continuing to play hard and fight, but the injuries might have overtaken us with this current wave
Posted By: bonefish Re: Delpit AND Okoronko Out for Season - 12/14/23 02:12 PM
Given the life that Facco has brought in the door.

The one area of injury that really hurts is OT. I was hopeful that Wills would return and we would have Wills and Jones at OT.

Christian and Hudson are deep below average.

What I believe is KS will go back to the Baker playbook. That is 12 personnel, under center, play action. We will use a third TE at times. On some plays we will go OL jumbo and bring in an extra guard with a fullback.

We will use the rolling pocket and go back to a brand of WCO. Where the routes will be tied up to 3 and 5 step drops. That means get the ball out.

Flacco can run that offense. He has in the past. In fact play action is his game. He hides the ball well and is decisive when throwing. We saw some of that in the Jags game.

Scheme and assignment are strong points of a KS offense.

Really with the injuries at OT it is our best chance.
Posted By: slick Re: Delpit AND Okoronko Out for Season - 12/15/23 06:12 AM
I still have not read or heard that orkoronko is for sure lost for the season
Posted By: Rishuz Re: Delpit AND Okoronko Out for Season - 12/15/23 12:04 PM
I've been surprised at how well Flacco sells play action. That's a real strength I'm not sure I've ever noticed before.
Posted By: Dawgs4Life Re: Delpit AND Okoronko Out for Season - 12/15/23 02:04 PM
I still have not read or heard that orkoronko is for sure lost for the season
well, they said there's an outside shot he could play if we made it to mid January
Posted By: dawglover05 Re: Delpit AND Okoronko Out for Season - 12/15/23 08:50 PM
Same. I really expected him to struggle there, actually.
Posted By: The Big G Re: Delpit AND Okoronko Out for Season - 12/22/23 05:18 PM
How bad must Alex Leatherwood, a former first-rounder be, to not get promoted from the practice squad.
Posted By: Pdawg Re: Delpit AND Okoronko Out for Season - 12/22/23 05:20 PM
He may be bad still, I don’t know. I do know he has been injured as of last week.
Posted By: PrplPplEater Re: Delpit AND Okoronko Out for Season - 12/22/23 05:43 PM
Just a note... it appears Ogbo has not been put on IR, so there's a chance that he heals up enough to return, perhaps for the playoffs. So, things may not be as dire as they feel.
Posted By: FORTBROWNFAN Re: Delpit AND Okoronko Out for Season - 12/22/23 09:10 PM
Originally Posted by PrplPplEater
Just a note... it appears Ogbo has not been put on IR, so there's a chance that he heals up enough to return, perhaps for the playoffs. So, things may not be as dire as they feel.

That's a nice possible positive.
Posted By: Dawgs4Life Re: Delpit AND Okoronko Out for Season - 12/22/23 11:23 PM
yeah, I thought I read that Ogbo has a small chance to return if he can rehab a bit and avoid surgery
Posted By: dawglover05 Re: Delpit AND Okoronko Out for Season - 12/24/23 12:47 AM
Here’s hoping. He’s been our only other legit pass rusher.
Posted By: PerfectSpiral Re: Delpit AND Okoronko Out for Season - 12/24/23 01:50 PM
It’s somewhat of a miracle that Ski has this team where it is right now.
© DawgTalkers.net