DawgTalkers.net
Posted By: TopDawg16 WE'RE BACK! - 06/10/14 09:17 PM
Now I can go back to spending my work day here instead of actually doing my job
Posted By: GoneWithTheDawgs Re: WE'RE BACK! - 06/10/14 09:19 PM
I went through withdraw...

I hope we didnt lose too many folks.

I know everyone dont know about dawgtalker on Facebook.
Posted By: YTownBrownsFan Re: WE'RE BACK! - 06/10/14 09:24 PM
Posted By: PrplPplEater Re: WE'RE BACK! - 06/10/14 09:46 PM
WAY.TOO.LONG.

I *really* need to nail down a better disaster recovery plan.
Posted By: Punchsmack Re: WE'RE BACK! - 06/10/14 09:56 PM
Nice.

Its been so long, I may need a refresher on the rules. Are we still allowed to swear, post naked selfie's, insult other members, and create polls in any forum?
Posted By: keys_bow_wow Re: WE'RE BACK! - 06/10/14 09:57 PM
We thank you for all your hard work and time Chris! I'm heading to the top to make a donation next.
Posted By: ~Con~Artist~ Re: WE'RE BACK! - 06/10/14 09:58 PM
Quote:

WAY.TOO.LONG.

Or just never leave town again

In all seriousness, thanks for putting in the time to fix it and hope you enjoyed your trip!
Posted By: Dawg_LB Re: WE'RE BACK! - 06/10/14 10:06 PM
+ 1

Thanks for fixing it! Happy be be back!
Posted By: dawglover05 Re: WE'RE BACK! - 06/10/14 10:15 PM

Man, I didn't realize how good this forum was until I had to read other message boards. Yuck!
Posted By: PrplPplEater Re: WE'RE BACK! - 06/10/14 10:17 PM
Quote:

and hope you enjoyed your trip!

I got to swim from Alcatraz Island to shore, bike the hills of San Fran, and then do some beastly running on sand and hills.... what's not to enjoy?!!?
Race of a lifetime
Posted By: EveDawg Re: WE'RE BACK! - 06/10/14 10:27 PM
Grabs on with both hands and both feet! No disappearing again! I was having withdrawls.
Posted By: EveDawg Re: WE'RE BACK! - 06/10/14 10:51 PM
Quote:

WAY.TOO.LONG.

I don't know if this helps, but maybe check the cooling system on that server. I lost a lot of hard drives because the cooling holes got clogged with dust. If you upgraded the hard drives they might be getting too hot. :-)
Posted By: Tulsa Re: WE'RE BACK! - 06/10/14 11:03 PM
Yea, now I don't have to read that nasty facebook thing anymore.
Posted By: Gamebreaker Re: WE'RE BACK! - 06/10/14 11:15 PM
Prpl- Thank you for your hard work & diligence
I still can't believe the Browns don't support a message board. There was nowhere good to keep up with Browns news & discussion while dawgtalkers was down.

I am an addict
Posted By: Mourgrym Re: WE'RE BACK! - 06/10/14 11:33 PM
Thanks Purp!! we are all in your debt.
Posted By: 3rd_and_20 Re: WE'RE BACK! - 06/10/14 11:41 PM
Still cannot log in with my regular screen name (3rd_and_20).

This one will have to do... for now (rolls ominous music).
Posted By: PeteyDangerous Re: WE'RE BACK! - 06/10/14 11:53 PM
Thanks for the hard work. I got home from my job at the end of May (Tug Boating, was gone for 45 days), and the site was down, and I didn't know what to do.

I've found myself writing comments on Bleacher Report
Posted By: 3rd_and_20 Re: WE'RE BACK! - 06/10/14 11:59 PM
Quote:

Thanks for the hard work. I got home from my job at the end of May (Tug Boating, was gone for 45 days), and the site was down, and I didn't know what to do.

I've found myself writing comments on Bleacher Report

I was commenting on cleveland.com under the Browns articles. (Not bad.)
Posted By: BADdog Re: WE'RE BACK! - 06/11/14 12:23 AM
Prp for prez
Posted By: ThatGuy Re: WE'RE BACK! - 06/11/14 12:27 AM
I never realized how much of my internet time was spent just sitting here and seeing if anyone posted something...

I need to get out more..
Posted By: Damanshot Re: WE'RE BACK! - 06/11/14 12:27 AM
Yo Purp,, thanks for all your efforts.. It's funny, I didn't even have to log in, it just remembered me..... thanks man
Posted By: tastybrownies Re: WE'RE BACK! - 06/11/14 01:49 AM
Whew! That was a tough withdrawal. Never truly know how much you miss something until its gone. Love how I can come to this site about anything Browns but also other topics. Just reading the boards sometimes helps me relax and laugh.
Posted By: bbrowns32 Re: WE'RE BACK! - 06/11/14 01:52 AM
j/c

Being quasi computer illiterate, I have no idea of the amount of work involved to get back up and running. I imagine, though, it must have involved a very significant effort. Thanks, Prpl.. .
Posted By: GMdawg Re: WE'RE BACK! - 06/11/14 09:48 AM
Wait you mean the board was down..... I didn't even notice .....

I am also tall, dark, and handsome, and never drink beer or fart.
Posted By: Ballpeen Re: WE'RE BACK! - 06/11/14 11:18 AM
Good to be back. Thanks
Posted By: Bard Dawg Re: WE'RE BACK! - 06/11/14 11:25 AM
Thanx, Purp! I missed it, and thank you for getting this sorted out for the board. This is officially PurplePeopleEater Day. Post 'em if you got 'em.

Now to start some brand new QB controversies . . . .
Posted By: 10YrOvernightSuccess Re: WE'RE BACK! - 06/11/14 12:33 PM
Quote:

Quote:

I got to swim from Alcatraz Island to shore, bike the hills of San Fran, and then do some beastly running on sand and hills.... what's not to enjoy?!!?
Race of a lifetime

You did that race? I really want to do it but I always screw up the lottery dates. Good on ya.
Posted By: I_Rogue Re: WE'RE BACK! - 06/11/14 01:40 PM
I'm sure this was Obama's fault. Thanks Obama.
Posted By: DCDAWGFAN Re: WE'RE BACK! - 06/11/14 01:50 PM
It's not Obama's fault, it's Eric Holder's fault, Obama is just covering for him.

Hey Purp, thanks for the work. On FB you said to let you know if there are any glitches.... I get an error message when I try to open anything in the K-9 forum, not sure if that has been discussed or not...
Posted By: I_Rogue Re: WE'RE BACK! - 06/11/14 01:53 PM
Susan Rice went on all the Sunday talk shows and claimed the board was down due to a Justin Bieber video. (Dito on the errors in K9 forum.)
Posted By: rockdogg Re: WE'RE BACK! - 06/11/14 02:24 PM
Cool beans!
Thanks prpl!
Posted By: PrplPplEater Re: WE'RE BACK! - 06/11/14 02:25 PM
Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Race of a lifetime

You did that race? I really want to do it but I always screw up the lottery dates. Good on ya.

Yes sir! Kinda kicked some butt, too (2:55:31 - 48th of 235 in age group, 328 of 1585 overall).
Had a rather weak bike, but I was strong with the swim and kinda smoked the run a little

As for the lottery - I saw someone mention it somewhere last August and I decided to check in on it on a whim. When I did, I saw that registration was officially open, so I decided to enter (it was only $25) and totally lucked out and was picked in the second lottery drawing on my first attempt. I've now done a triathlon in both U.S. coastal oceans in the last 8 months (other was Beach2Battleship)
Posted By: PrplPplEater Re: WE'RE BACK! - 06/11/14 02:26 PM
Quote:

. I get an error message when I try to open anything in the K-9 forum, not sure if that has been discussed or not...

Looking into this now....
Posted By: BADdog Re: WE'RE BACK! - 06/11/14 02:39 PM
Just an FYI, I know every little clue helps.
My signature image reverted back to my old one.
Probably due to that back up info being a little old.
Posted By: PrplPplEater Re: WE'RE BACK! - 06/11/14 02:44 PM
Quote:

Quote:

. I get an error message when I try to open anything in the K-9 forum, not sure if that has been discussed or not...

Looking into this now....

Polls forum is fixed. I haven't tried voting in anything, yet, but at least the polls can be opened now.

[EDIT: Just voted in a couple of polls, it is fully fixed.]
Posted By: PrplPplEater Re: WE'RE BACK! - 06/11/14 02:45 PM
Quote:

Just an FYI, I know every little clue helps.
My signature image reverted back to my old one.
Probably due to that back up info being a little old.

Yeah, mine too. It was the only way to fix the Users table as it was completely crashed.
Posted By: mac Re: WE'RE BACK! - 06/11/14 02:49 PM
Quote:

WAY.TOO.LONG.

DT is still the best Browns board on the net, even with an occasional hiccup...thanks for all you do Prp
Posted By: oobernoober Re: WE'RE BACK! - 06/11/14 05:20 PM
It wasn't working at first on my desktop (but it would on my phone).

I cleared cookies and browsing history, and now everything is working fine for me.
Posted By: Razorthorns Re: WE'RE BACK! - 06/11/14 05:35 PM
jc

GOD DAYUM, I am sooooooo happy all you ornery argumentive basturds are back! I been bored out of my mind reading watered down almost football conversations at other places! We might have some arguments and all but at least its mostly good football we discuss. Felt like I was literally watching my brain wither away.

Purple thank you soooooooo much for keeping real football talk alive by keeping this forum alive!
Posted By: JulesDawg Re: WE'RE BACK! - 06/11/14 11:07 PM
Posted By: ddubia Re: WE'RE BACK! - 06/12/14 02:11 AM
Me too!
Posted By: E.Ryze19 Re: WE'RE BACK! - 06/15/14 09:01 PM
Quote:

WAY.TOO.LONG.

Your time and effort is very much appreciated. There is absolutely nothing on the web that compares. I just hope everybody who missed it as much as I did hits that paypal button on top to show your appreciation.

Like the old saying, you never really know what you got unti it is gone.

Thank you!
Posted By: Dawgs4Life Re: WE'RE BACK! - 06/15/14 10:05 PM
that seemed like a LONG wait! It got to the point where I stopped checking back ... but this was a great gift today! Thanks purp!
© DawgTalkers.net