DawgTalkers.net
Posted By: Versatile Dog My Mom - 12/07/15 01:53 AM
Hey...............awhile back I made a post about some of the negative things happening in my life. I was emotional and asked the refs to delete the thread, which thankfully, they did.

Well...........one of the things I mentioned was my mother having Stage 7 Alzheimer's. She passed away tonight.

I'm very sad and it's so painful to see my children so devastated. They were so close to my mom. It's a rough time, y'all. Very rough.

If you are the praying type, please pray for my family and for my mother's soul. If you are not, I would appreciate a time-out from warring w/some of you.

Thank you.
Posted By: Dawgs4Life Re: My Mom - 12/07/15 01:56 AM
sorry to hear vers ... my prayers to you and your family. remember the good memories.
Posted By: EveDawg Re: My Mom - 12/07/15 01:56 AM
So sorry to hear this. Prayers for you and your family. frown
Posted By: archbolddawg Re: My Mom - 12/07/15 01:59 AM
My thoughts and prayers are with you and your family. Just as I reached out to you on the post that got deleted, I'm just saying I'm capable of separating things.

My condolences to all.

Now, someone will have to quote this so he sees it.
Posted By: EveDawg Re: My Mom - 12/07/15 02:03 AM
Originally Posted By: archbolddawg
My thoughts and prayers are with you and your family. Just as I reached out to you on the post that got deleted, I'm just saying I'm capable of separating things.

My condolences to all.

Posted By: Tulsa Re: My Mom - 12/07/15 02:04 AM
Originally Posted By: archbolddawg

My condolences to all.

My condolences, it's tough to lose a parent. I've lost both of mine and I can't imagine a more emotional pain. Celebrate their life and make their memory a positive.
Posted By: jfanent Re: My Mom - 12/07/15 02:04 AM
I'm so sorry to hear this...nothing can explain the emotions felt at the loss of a mother. My prayers are with you.
Posted By: MrTed Re: My Mom - 12/07/15 02:08 AM
Prayers brother...
Posted By: bbrowns32 Re: My Mom - 12/07/15 02:14 AM
There are no words to ease your pain, but please know that you are in our thoughts and prayers...
Posted By: DeisleDawg Re: My Mom - 12/07/15 02:23 AM
Heavens got another Angel..Your in my thoughts Vers and the family.
Posted By: dawg66 Re: My Mom - 12/07/15 02:33 AM
My deepest sympathy Vers

Prayers for your mother.
Posted By: Clemdawg Re: My Mom - 12/07/15 02:41 AM
My condolences, Vers.

I'll keep you in my thoughts.
Posted By: Dawg_LB Re: My Mom - 12/07/15 02:42 AM
Vers, I'm very sorry for your loss. There's just no words to say really.

My thoughts will be with you and your family Vers.
Posted By: Swish Re: My Mom - 12/07/15 02:54 AM
Sorry to hear that man. Stay atrong for your family.
Posted By: Medmann Re: My Mom - 12/07/15 02:56 AM
Vers, My mother died of Stage 7 Alzheimers disease on 11/18/2012 so I know where you are at. I don't normally step out of the smack shack but this one hits close to home. My condolences to you & the family.
Posted By: columbusdawg Re: My Mom - 12/07/15 03:02 AM
Thoughts and prayers are with you my friend.
Posted By: OldColdDawg Re: My Mom - 12/07/15 03:30 AM
Sorry to hear this Vers, my condolences to you and your family. Please take care, I know how hard this can be.
Posted By: Versatile Dog Re: My Mom - 12/07/15 03:40 AM
Thanks everyone. I know from experience that it is hard to find words to comfort others who have experienced a loss. I always feel inadequate when trying to do so..............thus, I just wanna let you guys know that just seeing your responses have touched me.

Thanks so much.............
Posted By: sk8termom Re: My Mom - 12/07/15 07:29 AM
I'm so sorry. My condolences to you and your family.
Posted By: YTownBrownsFan Re: My Mom - 12/07/15 08:08 AM
My sincerest condolences.

I have been lucky in that there has only been one case of Alzheimer's in my extended family. In my case, it was a lady we saw about once/year. It was easy to forget about her situation. I can only imagine how difficult it must be to lose someone like that, a little at a time, with each passing day.

I will definitely pray that God brings comfort for you and children. (and the rest of your family as well) She is at rest now, and we are assured of being made whole in the next life if we believe in Jesus Christ as Lord and Savior. I believe that if she was saved at any point in her life, then she is saved today. Jesus said, in John 10: 27-29: My sheep hear My voice, and I know them, and they follow Me; and I give eternal life to them, and they will never perish; and no one will snatch them out of My hand. “My Father, who has given them to Me, is greater than all; and no one is able to snatch them out of the Father’s hand

That is a wonderful assurance, that once we are saved, we can never be taken from the Lord.
Posted By: Riddler Re: My Mom - 12/07/15 09:08 AM
Alzheimer's what a dreadful disease frown

No religion here big fella but sorry for your loss. Thoughts from Down Under.
Posted By: Ballpeen Re: My Mom - 12/07/15 11:39 AM
I pray that your Mothers soul is with God and you and your families broken hearts are in Gods healing hands.

Sorry to hear that buddy.:(
Posted By: FBHO71 Re: My Mom - 12/07/15 12:22 PM
I did my physical rehab in an Alzheimer/dementia facility to be close to my wife.

It changed me as human being..and got to see the very beginning and the very last stages.

I'm sorry..1 good thing she is no longer suffering. I have no words man.

Again sorry to hear it.
Posted By: Dave Re: My Mom - 12/07/15 12:46 PM
My condolences to you and your family, Vers. I hope you can be comforted knowing that she is safe and well again in the arms of God.
Posted By: GMdawg Re: My Mom - 12/07/15 01:25 PM
Vers you know I have been keeping y'all in my prayers, and I am very sorry to hear of the loss you all are suffering. I'm giving you a big old bear hug (quit squirming I know you like it) and remember it's OK to cry. I know you won't want to do it in front of the kids. You want to be strong for everybody, but it's very Therapeutic for you even when you do it when your all alone with nobody to hear you but God.

Hang on to all the great memories your Mom gave you in your lifetime. Keep her in your heart until you see her again bro.
Posted By: 40YEARSWAITING Re: My Mom - 12/07/15 01:27 PM
That though the radiance which was once so bright be now forever taken from my sight. Though nothing can bring back the hour of splendor in the grass, glory in the flower. We will grieve not, rather find strength in what remains behind.
-William Wordsworth

My Prayers are with you and yours Vers.
Posted By: waterdawg Re: My Mom - 12/07/15 02:21 PM
My condolences Vers ..
Posted By: DCDAWGFAN Re: My Mom - 12/07/15 02:26 PM
Sorry for your loss, hopefully she is at peace now. God bless you and yours buddy.
Posted By: texaslostdawg Re: My Mom - 12/07/15 02:45 PM
Vers,

Sorry for your loss.

Lost my Mom is much the same fashion... know this ... a better place awaits.

Lifting you up in prayers of comfort.
Posted By: 3rd_and_20 Re: My Mom - 12/07/15 02:50 PM
Sorry for your loss, Vers. And many prayers.
Posted By: Versatile Dog Re: My Mom - 12/07/15 03:11 PM
Just wanted to thank all of you for posting your condolences since the last time I replied.

Your thoughts help.

Thanks so much...........
Posted By: Riley01 Re: My Mom - 12/07/15 03:30 PM
Deepest sympathies to you and your beautiful family Vers
Posted By: kingodawg Re: My Mom - 12/07/15 04:18 PM
My condolences to you man

Thoughts and prayers to your family and you
Posted By: WVDawg54 Re: My Mom - 12/07/15 04:21 PM
My deepest sympathies to you and your family, Vers. If she is the card playing type, hopefully, she's sitting across the Euchre table from my buddy who recently earned his wings.

I will add your name to the kids' pray list. It seemed to help GM along.
Posted By: CapCity Dawg Re: My Mom - 12/07/15 04:51 PM
Vers, deepest condolences to you and your family. No idea how old your kids are, but hopefully they have many memories of her and who she was.

Rest easy knowing she is in a better place.

Don't often light candles, but did so yesterday. In the Catholic Church this past weekend was the anointing of the sick, so I thought it appropriate.
Posted By: lampdogg Re: My Mom - 12/07/15 05:40 PM
You have my sympathy. Chin up!
Posted By: PitDAWG Re: My Mom - 12/07/15 06:24 PM
I just saw the thread Vers. I'm so sorry for your loss. There really are no words for the loss of a parent. I've been through it twice and know full well the trials it causes within a family.

Just know my thoughts and prayers are with you and your family. Feel free to call any time my friend.
Posted By: Damanshot Re: My Mom - 12/07/15 06:58 PM
Oh man, I'm so sorry for your loss. it's always tough to lose family.. Sorry your kids had to go through that.
Posted By: Cjrae Re: My Mom - 12/07/15 08:41 PM
Sympathies to you and your family. Praying for serenity and strength. God Bless
Posted By: CHSDawg Re: My Mom - 12/07/15 09:40 PM
I'm sorry to hear about your loss, Vers. You're in my thoughts.
Posted By: WVDawg54 Re: My Mom - 12/07/15 10:23 PM
Originally Posted By: GMdawg
Vers, remember it's OK to cry.

I lost my buddy a few weeks ago and I've cried in front of my kids more than a few times. I think it helps them understand that they can let go of themselves and express their feelings.As guys, we don't always have to be the big bad tough guys. My daughter isn't afraid to climb in my lap and have a good cry with me.
Posted By: rockyhilldawg Re: My Mom - 12/07/15 10:27 PM
I believe condolences are in customary order, but I'd add that many people, including myself, would prefer death over stage 7 Alzheimer's.

I hope your mother had an otherwise wonderful life.
Posted By: Razorthorns Re: My Mom - 12/07/15 11:05 PM
Sorry for you loss vers, I hope your family recovers the best it can.
Posted By: Pdawg Re: My Mom - 12/08/15 04:59 AM
So sorry for your loss. You and your family have my thoughts and prayers.
Posted By: Vambo Re: My Mom - 12/08/15 05:10 AM
Sorry for your loss.
Posted By: WooferDawg Re: My Mom - 12/08/15 05:24 AM
It is always difficult. Alzheimers is a cruel and terrible disease.

My condolences.
Posted By: Versatile Dog Re: My Mom - 12/08/15 02:22 PM
Thanks again to everyone who has responded.

Several of you have mentioned how awful Alzheimer's is. That is so true. We hear about it. Shake our heads or perhaps even chuckle when we hear of a guy trying to walk to some far-away place. We can sympathize w/those who are affected by the disease, but until you see it up-close, you will never truly know how devastating Alzheimer's can be to the victim and his/her family.

We have some good folks on this board. I know that many of you give your time and money to charitable organizations and other community related organizations. I would encourage you to look into Alzheimer's support groups and donate accordingly.

Thanks again.........
Posted By: FBHO71 Re: My Mom - 12/08/15 02:28 PM
I do...what I found what works better then money..for those who dont have much to give..is just go visit them in the nursing home.

Lots of them have no one and just a friendly face that listens to their stories makes a world difference for them.

I visit my wife's main building she oversee's and it has been one of my favorite things to do..plus the stories of some of them is more then interesting to me.

Wouldnt trade the time I spend there for anything.
Posted By: Versatile Dog Re: My Mom - 12/08/15 02:39 PM
Nice post. I agree, volunteering your time is just as important--if not more-so--than donating money.
Posted By: JulesDawg Re: My Mom - 12/16/15 01:12 AM
I'm sorry I'm late with this, and I'm very sorry for your loss and for the difficult time your family is going through.

Prayers and good thoughts coming your way.
Posted By: Versatile Dog Re: My Mom - 12/16/15 01:24 AM
Thanks Jules. We buried her Friday in Ohio. I'm back home and it's been tough w/out the distraction of having all the people around this weekend.

You know, it's not just the loss of my mother, but also the loss of everything that was and will never be again.
Posted By: DoverDawg Re: My Mom - 12/16/15 01:35 AM
Sorry to learn about your loss Vers.
© DawgTalkers.net