DawgTalkers.net
Posted By: TTTDawg Covid Booster Vax #3 Booster Thread - 11/05/21 06:38 PM
Looking for "how things went after your 3rd shot/booster" comments.

After my first 2 Pfizer shots I felt meh, ehh, somewhat woebegone, etc for the rest of the day.

Received my Pfizer #1 in March and Pfizer #2 in early April, 2021.

Gonna tighten up the booster shot on 12-1-21.

If anyone has already received shot #3, let us know. Reactions, feelings, etc.
Posted By: SuperBrown Re: Covid Booster Vax #3 Booster Thread - 11/05/21 07:13 PM
Good luck. This garbage you are getting jabbed with reduces your body's immune system to ZERO.

Do some research please?
Posted By: dawglover05 Re: Covid Booster Vax #3 Booster Thread - 11/05/21 07:20 PM
I'll piggyback on that. My wife is scheduled to get her booster, but she works in healthcare (technically). I received my first and second shots around the same time you did. I'll look to get mine around the same time. I thought I saw somewhere that getting a different shot than your original was the way to go.
Posted By: dawglover05 Re: Covid Booster Vax #3 Booster Thread - 11/05/21 07:20 PM
Still waiting on that Bells Palsy you told me about, bro...
Posted By: PortlandDawg Re: Covid Booster Vax #3 Booster Thread - 11/05/21 07:41 PM
Originally Posted by dawglover05
Still waiting on that Bells Palsy you told me about, bro...

Don’t engage. It’s not worth your effort.

Brandolini’s Law. Look it up.

Anyway, to the topic at hand. My girlfriend got her Pfizer booster. She had a bit of a headache the following day. That was it. I’ve had a few friends in the medical community get their booster. Most had similar effects as they did the first time around. A couple had a couple days of malaise, body aches, sore arm, etc. Again, most just had a 24 hour window of mild yuck.

I’m still producing antibodies from my Moderna vaccine. It’s been going strong since February when I got my second dose. So I’m still holding off on a booster.
Posted By: dawglover05 Re: Covid Booster Vax #3 Booster Thread - 11/05/21 07:45 PM
Yeah I know...that's why I just opted for the one-liner.
Posted By: dawglover05 Re: Covid Booster Vax #3 Booster Thread - 11/05/21 07:46 PM
Do you imagine you will get a Pfizer booster or a Moderna one?
Posted By: TTTDawg Re: Covid Booster Vax #3 Booster Thread - 11/05/21 08:13 PM
Originally Posted by SuperBrown
Good luck. This garbage you are getting jabbed with reduces your body's immune system to ZERO.

Do some research please?

I understand.

However, I just ask my wife, a Nurse Director for the Cleveland Clinic.

As an added bonus, my Daughter, an RN as well, is just a phone call, and/or text away.
Posted By: clwb419 Re: Covid Booster Vax #3 Booster Thread - 11/05/21 08:30 PM
I get my 3rd Moderna today. Apparently because I'm immunocompromised this isn't considered a booster, but just a 3rd shot. In 6 months, I'll have to get the booster.

I sure hope this one hits me like shot #1 - just a sore arm. Shot 2 was a day of 99.7 fever, then 3 days of 104 fever...don't want that again. Will post later in the weekend or next week about how it turned out.
Posted By: PortlandDawg Re: Covid Booster Vax #3 Booster Thread - 11/05/21 08:40 PM
I have not decided which booster to get. It’s likely I’ll stick with the Moderna… if I can find it. I’m just not seeing as many places giving it out.

It’s known that the Moderna vaccination was stronger. Anecdotally my girlfriend and I both got our initial vaccinations within weeks of each other. She got the Pfizer. I got the Moderna. She stopped showing antibodies a month or so back. Hence she sought out a booster. She also has worked with more COVID patients than I have over the past couple of months. She continues to do so far more regularly than me.

The tests we get for work show basic blood antibodies. They don’t account for memory cell types of protection. So though she showed no blood antibodies she was still more protected than someone that’s not vaccinated. But she’s not messing around. COVID doesn’t either.

I’ll continue to monitor my blood antibodies with my weekly testing. Once they wane I’ll start my search for a booster.
Posted By: PitDAWG Re: Covid Booster Vax #3 Booster Thread - 11/05/21 08:41 PM

Do some research please?

rofl

I'm glad you're on their side.
Posted By: clwb419 Re: Covid Booster Vax #3 Booster Thread - 11/05/21 09:26 PM
Originally Posted by PortlandDawg
I have not decided which booster to get. It’s likely I’ll stick with the Moderna… if I can find it. I’m just not seeing as many places giving it out.

It’s known that the Moderna vaccination was stronger. Anecdotally my girlfriend and I both got our initial vaccinations within weeks of each other. She got the Pfizer. I got the Moderna. She stopped showing antibodies a month or so back. Hence she sought out a booster. She also has worked with more COVID patients than I have over the past couple of months. She continues to do so far more regularly than me.

The tests we get for work show basic blood antibodies. They don’t account for memory cell types of protection. So though she showed no blood antibodies she was still more protected than someone that’s not vaccinated. But she’s not messing around. COVID doesn’t either.

I’ll continue to monitor my blood antibodies with my weekly testing. Once they wane I’ll start my search for a booster.

Here you go my friend:
https://govstatus.egov.com/or-oha-booster-covid-19-vaccine
https://getvaccinated.oregon.gov/#/locator?lang=en
Posted By: THROW LONG Re: Covid Booster Vax #3 Booster Thread - 11/05/21 09:43 PM
Originally Posted by clwb419
I get my 3rd Moderna today.
Holy Smokes. Are you going to get the next one.
Posted By: GMdawg Re: Covid Booster Vax #3 Booster Thread - 11/06/21 12:47 AM
LMFAO. Sure and I am tall, dark, handsome, rich, and hung like a horse.
Posted By: GMdawg Re: Covid Booster Vax #3 Booster Thread - 11/06/21 12:52 AM
I had my booster last Friday. I had zero side effects with the First two. This time I came down with flu like symptoms that night that lasted about 30 hours. Been fine ever since.
Posted By: OldColdDawg Re: Covid Booster Vax #3 Booster Thread - 11/06/21 01:16 AM
Went without a hitch.
Posted By: mac Re: Covid Booster Vax #3 Booster Thread - 11/06/21 05:03 PM
jc...

No problem...
Posted By: Frenchy Re: Covid Booster Vax #3 Booster Thread - 11/06/21 11:59 PM
I got the J&J in March, Monday I’m getting the Moderna booster at work. Hoping all goes well!
Posted By: clwb419 Re: Covid Booster Vax #3 Booster Thread - 11/07/21 07:56 PM
Originally Posted by clwb419
I get my 3rd Moderna today. Apparently because I'm immunocompromised this isn't considered a booster, but just a 3rd shot. In 6 months, I'll have to get the booster.

I sure hope this one hits me like shot #1 - just a sore arm. Shot 2 was a day of 99.7 fever, then 3 days of 104 fever...don't want that again. Will post later in the weekend or next week about how it turned out.

Shot 3 was ended up more like shot 2 than shot 1. About midnight I woke up shivering like crazy. Temp was only 100.5. Took ibuprofin, turned the heat up to 80, put on a lot of clothes and kept shivering. About 5am I fell back asleep. Woke up with 99.7 fever and felt like I got hit by a truck. I'm not sure there wasn't a part of my body that didn't hurt. Fever went down during course of the day but went up again in the evening. Went to bed early and woke up shivering again last night but ibuprofin and extra blankets helped out. Woke up this morning without a fever, still sore everywhere, but I'm overall feeling much, much better.
Posted By: Ballpeen Re: Covid Booster Vax #3 Booster Thread - 11/07/21 09:36 PM
The Pfizer booster got me feeling bad the next day. The first two, not. It only lasted a day
Posted By: Frenchy Re: Covid Booster Vax #3 Booster Thread - 11/09/21 12:03 AM
Got my Moderna booster this morning, no symptoms yet, fingers crossed I don’t have any.
Posted By: sk8termom Re: Covid Booster Vax #3 Booster Thread - 11/11/21 01:55 AM
I had the Moderna for my first 2, last one 3/27. Got the Pfizer booster since it was easier to get. Same side effects as my 2nd Moderna - arm soreness, lightheaded, no energy, low-grade fever. Lasted for 2 days.
Posted By: DCDAWGFAN Re: Covid Booster Vax #3 Booster Thread - 11/11/21 04:22 PM
Originally Posted by sk8termom
I had the Moderna for my first 2, last one 3/27. Got the Pfizer booster since it was easier to get. Same side effects as my 2nd Moderna - arm soreness, lightheaded, no energy, low-grade fever. Lasted for 2 days.
I was totally unaware that you could mix them like that. I assumed that once you got one, you were locked into that one... interesting.
Posted By: JulesDawg Re: Covid Booster Vax #3 Booster Thread - 11/11/21 04:47 PM
I got my booster this morning. I received Moderna. My first two were Pfizer. So far so good!
Posted By: shotty66 Re: Covid Booster Vax #3 Booster Thread - 11/11/21 04:59 PM
I wass a little sick from 1st. moderna shot but 2nd. Sick for 3 days.
Posted By: PitDAWG Re: Covid Booster Vax #3 Booster Thread - 11/11/21 04:59 PM
My wife and I got our booster shots Tuesday night. We got the flu vaccine at the same time. It was the Moderna booster. Everything was fine until yesterday afternoon. We both had the same symptoms. Chills, body aches and lethargic. Nothing earth shattering. We both feel better this morning but not totally up to par.
Posted By: shotty66 Re: Covid Booster Vax #3 Booster Thread - 11/11/21 05:01 PM
how do you know you are producing antibodies? just asking
Posted By: PortlandDawg Re: Covid Booster Vax #3 Booster Thread - 11/11/21 07:01 PM
I get regular blood tests for work. It shows antibody response.
I guess it’s a perk of being a nurse. The other side of the coin is I’m also regularly exposed to COVID.
Posted By: mac Re: Covid Booster Vax #3 Booster Thread - 11/11/21 11:54 PM
Originally Posted by PitDAWG
My wife and I got our booster shots Tuesday night. We got the flu vaccine at the same time. It was the Moderna booster. Everything was fine until yesterday afternoon. We both had the same symptoms. Chills, body aches and lethargic. Nothing earth shattering. We both feel better this morning but not totally up to par.

A week ago, the wife and I got our moderna boosters and while they offered to also give us our flu shots, we declined the flu shots. If we had any reaction to the moderna or the flu shot, there would be no way of knowing which shot we were reacting to. The wife had a slight reaction to the moderna booster...she said her head felt 'fuzzy' and it lasted for about a day...I told her that was just normal for her, grin

...I didn't have any reaction to my moderna booster.

Also, she received a half dose booster while I received a full strength booster. I was not award that the moderna boosters could be given in full or half doses. A week since and we are doing just fine. Now we plan on getting our flu shots next week. Good luck to all.
I am getting my J&J booster and my flu shot next week.
Posted By: dawglover05 Re: Covid Booster Vax #3 Booster Thread - 11/13/21 02:45 AM
6 and 9 got their first kids COVID shots today. Worked out just fine. No side effects so far by either one.
I got my J&J booster, and my flu shot yesterday. They did both at the same time, but one in each arm.

Man, I had no real pain from the 1st Co-Vid shot, but this one feels like I was blasted in the arm by someone about 200 times stronger than I am. It really hurt. I had no problem with the 1st shot, but this one really smarts.

Oh well. on to another day today. wink
Posted By: OldColdDawg Re: Covid Booster Vax #3 Booster Thread - 11/19/21 06:47 PM
Wife just got sent home to work from home again due to covid outbreak at her office.
Posted By: dawglover05 Re: Covid Booster Vax #3 Booster Thread - 11/19/21 07:03 PM
WPAFB was supposed to roll people back into the office last summer and then we all got sent home after Delta. Been home ever since.
Posted By: PitDAWG Re: Covid Booster Vax #3 Booster Thread - 11/19/21 07:13 PM
This thing has been a roller coaster ride and every time things start to improve, all the requirements are relaxed and we go through the exact same thing over again. It's a very obvious pattern. At this time we're going into cold weather when everyone travels, shops and gathers for the holidays and already cases are rising quickly on the rise. High hospitalization rates and deaths will rise yet again if the trend continues.

Posted By: bonefish Re: Covid Booster Vax #3 Booster Thread - 11/20/21 12:04 PM
I got the Moderna booster shot Tuesday.

I asked if the dose was the same as the second and they said no. It is about half. The first Moderna shot was no problem.

The second shot put me down for a day. Felt bad all over.

The booster? The shot itself hurt. But no side effects except where the shot was. Arm hurt for 3 days.

My one grandson is nine. He was born with a heart murmur. It has been monitored since birth. Not a issue. Quite common. Will not require surgery and is improving. The cardiologist because of liablilty would not recommend a vaccine. What they did say was covid is more of a threat and long haul problems from covid are more dangerous than the vaccine would be.

So, he got the shot the same day I got the booster. No problem at all. Slight sore arm.

It was relief. Now everyone in my family is vaccinated. My other grandson is 15 and he got the vaccine as soon as it was available.

I feel relieved that they have antibodies.

My son was vaccinated and did get covid. He was sick with flu like symptoms for about a week. Then recovered.

I know it is not over. But I am glad the vaccine is available. I will continue to follow the facts and do what I feel is appropriate.
Posted By: cfrs15 Re: Covid Booster Vax #3 Booster Thread - 11/20/21 02:50 PM
I got the Moderna booster a week ago. I had no real side effects, I was able to function as if it was a normal day.
My arm has mostly returned to normal today. I would definitely feel it if someone slugged me in the arm, but short of that I am mostly free from the pain the shot caused.
Posted By: Clemdawg Re: Covid Booster Vax #3 Booster Thread - 11/21/21 12:09 AM
Wife & I got our Moderna boosters Thursday.
Soreness at the injection site. No other ill effects.
Left upper arm is almost back to normal.
Posted By: SuperBrown Re: Covid Booster Vax #3 Booster Thread - 11/21/21 01:10 AM
Amazing @ the bragging of getting a lethal shot.
Posted By: OldColdDawg Re: Covid Booster Vax #3 Booster Thread - 11/21/21 01:42 AM
Covid on the climb again
one side runs out for a third shot
one side still in lala land.

The more things change,
the more they stay the same.

A really very nice older man in my church refused to get the booster because of all of the garbage some people are spreading.

He died, about a month ago, from CO-VID.

Go on spouting nonsense. I guarantee that the number of people who have died of CO-VID is much, much, much, much higher than those who have died from the vaccine.
Posted By: PortlandDawg Re: Covid Booster Vax #3 Booster Thread - 11/21/21 04:12 AM
Amazing you keep coming back to these threads to expose us to your ignorance on the matter.
Posted By: THROW LONG Re: Covid Booster Vax #3 Booster Thread - 11/21/21 05:24 AM
Who can explain the '2 months'.
Posted By: GMdawg Re: Covid Booster Vax #3 Booster Thread - 11/21/21 02:19 PM

Why did you get that shot in your brain?
I signed up to get my booster on Friday. I was very hesitant to do so due to already getting the vaccine the first time around. I'm a little skeptical of why a booster is needed SO soon after I had the first series of shots.

Does anyone know what the percentage immunity is after two vaccines 6 months ago, versus those + the booster? How much immunity do you actually increase or gain by getting the booster?
Posted By: PitDAWG Re: Covid Booster Vax #3 Booster Thread - 11/21/21 04:33 PM

Yet all of us who were vaccinated are here posting, alive and doing well. Hmmm... I guess you are just spouting BS.
Posted By: dawglover05 Re: Covid Booster Vax #3 Booster Thread - 11/22/21 01:27 PM
Nah, he left out the part where it is only lethal to the pure of heart, so no wonder we're all doing just fine. wink

On the serious side, wife got Moderna booster on Friday and she was struggling quite a bit a few hours afterward. Not as bad as shot #2, but definitely interrupted her routine.

I'm scheduled to receive the Pfizer booster today. Some of my in-laws are arriving in town today, so even if I feel fine, I might need to "rest up" and avoid people until dinner is ready on Thursday. wink
Posted By: dawglover05 Re: Covid Booster Vax #3 Booster Thread - 11/22/21 05:16 PM
Just got Pfizer booster at CVS. Amazing how quick the process was there.
Posted By: PitDAWG Re: Covid Booster Vax #3 Booster Thread - 11/22/21 07:29 PM
That's where I got all three of mine and I agree. Quick and easy.

As to where "learning to live with Covid" goes. There's a point where the price of carrying on business as usual just makes no sense. We've seen that happen. But I do agree that we could never go on this way forever. And what some seem to be missing is that many of us never thought we would have to. Scientific research on other various strains of Covid have been ongoing for well over a decade. Some of us had faith that scientists would find a way to "live with Covid" by understanding that research has come a very long way and the only variable scientists had to address was a new strain, not actually a Covid virus per say.

We saw that addressed with relative quickness by the vaccines. Then we had to watch a substantial portion of our population buy into conspiracy theory games and resist the vaccines. Somehow they couldn't comprehend that "learning to live with Covid" meant cutting down the number of hospitalizations, greatly reducing deaths and long haul Covid symptoms that destroy people's lives for a long time. All of which the vaccines accomplish.

Luckily science is even overcoming that. It appears very optimistic that normal life will be restored even with the resistance to the vaccine. That they had to go the extra mile for many in our nation who were bound and determined to keep Covid as dangerous and deadly as they possibly could. Phizer has now come up with something in pill form that greatly reduces Covid deaths and severe symptoms even if you get Covid. A pill that if taken at the early onset of light to moderate Covid symptoms can greatly reduce hospitalizations and deaths.

One thing i have noticed among the vaccine deniers is that once they actually GET Covid, they'll do almost anything to make sure they don't die from it. Sad that's what it takes but in many cases it does. This could be a real game changer.....

Pfizer says its COVID-19 pill cuts disease's worst risks by 89%

https://www.npr.org/sections/corona...5/1052679112/pfizer-covid-pill-treatment
Posted By: dawglover05 Re: Covid Booster Vax #3 Booster Thread - 11/22/21 07:45 PM
Yeah the pill I am hoping is a game changer for all the reasons you referred to.

As far as the mindset and the brainwashing, I used to fathom how insane it was for Goebbels and Hitler to get the populace to believe such ridiculous propaganda as they were selling. After what I've seen on the COVID front from certain politicians and media influencers, I am beginning to fathom how they did it. It's unbridled, unquestioned outrage folded into core beliefs fed to a desperate populace.
Posted By: OldColdDawg Re: Covid Booster Vax #3 Booster Thread - 11/22/21 11:56 PM
Posted By: FATE Re: Covid Booster Vax #3 Booster Thread - 11/23/21 01:49 AM
Originally Posted by OldColdDawg

Everything I see says cause of death unknown...
Posted By: clwb419 Re: Covid Booster Vax #3 Booster Thread - 11/23/21 05:40 AM
Originally Posted by FATE
Originally Posted by OldColdDawg

Everything I see says cause of death unknown...

Must have been a timing thing, lots are showing it now. Here's the link from MLB.

https://www.mlb.com/guardians/news/former-mlb-closer-doug-jones-dies-at-64
Posted By: GMdawg Re: Covid Booster Vax #3 Booster Thread - 11/23/21 11:27 AM
I am beginning to fathom how they did it. It's unbridled, unquestioned outrage folded into core beliefs fed to a desperate populace.

or its a total load of bullsheet being fed to folks who like to eat sheet.
Posted By: Dawgs4Life Re: Covid Booster Vax #3 Booster Thread - 11/23/21 03:19 PM
J/C

Has anyone recently had the Johnson booster? If you did, how were the symptoms? I received the first one back in March and got deathly ill afterwards. Just trying to gauge if I should get the booster.
I had the J&J shot, and was fine after the 1st .... and just has a horribly sore arm for less than 2 full days after the booster.
Posted By: dawglover05 Re: Covid Booster Vax #3 Booster Thread - 11/23/21 04:27 PM
I'm post 24 hours on the Pfizer booster now. No changes except for a notably sore injection site.
Posted By: oobernoober Re: Covid Booster Vax #3 Booster Thread - 11/23/21 05:06 PM
Would you say your Xray vision has gotten better or worse?
Posted By: PitDAWG Re: Covid Booster Vax #3 Booster Thread - 11/23/21 06:54 PM
I know typing is hell being magnetized to the refrigerator.
Posted By: dawglover05 Re: Covid Booster Vax #3 Booster Thread - 11/23/21 08:23 PM
The x-ray vision has gotten better, but I also now have T-Rex vision where I can only see things based on movement.
Posted By: PitDAWG Re: Covid Booster Vax #3 Booster Thread - 11/23/21 08:27 PM
You didn't end up with those teeny tiny arms too did you?
Posted By: Clemdawg Re: Covid Booster Vax #3 Booster Thread - 11/23/21 10:59 PM
If so, I'm certain that his boxing career has come to an abrupt end...
Posted By: Dawgs4Life Re: Covid Booster Vax #3 Booster Thread - 11/24/21 12:54 AM
Thanks ytown. My arm was very sore after the first one too, but that was not the only side effect at all. Hopefully this one is more mild
Posted By: dawglover05 Re: Covid Booster Vax #3 Booster Thread - 11/24/21 02:02 AM
Yes, but I also kept my original arms too. It’s a weird look.
Posted By: EveDawg Re: Covid Booster Vax #3 Booster Thread - 11/24/21 02:08 AM
[Linked Image from scaquarium.org]

I think its more like a fiddler crab. The arm you get the shot in becomes a huge super weapon.
Posted By: THROW LONG Re: Covid Booster Vax #3 Booster Thread - 11/24/21 06:32 AM
A note to other old people, or just deaf.

"Long Hulk Hogan" is actually "long haul covid."
Posted By: GMdawg Re: Covid Booster Vax #3 Booster Thread - 11/24/21 11:53 AM
WHAT? Speak up Sonny.
Posted By: bbrowns32 Re: Covid Booster Vax #3 Booster Thread - 11/25/21 07:29 PM
Just received my 3rd (booster) Pfizer shot this morning. 9 hours and no ill effects yet. Same as my first two shots - virtually no side effects....
Posted By: EveDawg Re: Covid Booster Vax #3 Booster Thread - 11/26/21 05:28 AM
[Linked Image from media.giphy.com]

I tried to schedule a booster with cvs. It wouldnt let me. How many months do I need to wait after my last shot?
Posted By: bbrowns32 Re: Covid Booster Vax #3 Booster Thread - 11/26/21 11:55 AM
Most places that I've read say 6 months after your second shot....
Posted By: OldColdDawg Re: Covid Booster Vax #3 Booster Thread - 11/26/21 12:47 PM
Originally Posted by EveDawg
[Linked Image from media.giphy.com]

I tried to schedule a booster with cvs. It wouldnt let me. How many months do I need to wait after my last shot?

6 months here. And I just walked in with my covid vaccine card and got it. But it could be your age. I think there might be a restriction there?
Posted By: jfanent Re: Covid Booster Vax #3 Booster Thread - 12/01/21 05:15 PM
I got the Moderna booster yesterday. The injection site and major joints are aching and I'm in a mental fog. I also woke up in the middle of the night and couldn't get back to sleep for over 2hrs. That same thing happened after my second initial vaccine, which I got last January 27th. I wasn't offered a half dose like some places are doing. My booster was thru the hospital I work at, and I was able to schedule my wife for her booster on the Kroger website without any difficulty.
Posted By: TTTDawg Re: Covid Booster Vax #3 Booster Thread - 12/01/21 05:37 PM
Just got back from receiving my 3rd Pfizer(booster).

No reactions to speak of.....

.....and/or.....

the same reaction as the first 2 shots. Ho-hum, meh, etc. Kinda sorta like if a tree fell on the house my reaction would be "oh wow, that's too bad". rofl
Posted By: GMdawg Re: Covid Booster Vax #3 Booster Thread - 12/02/21 12:12 PM
I'm in a mental fog

So your saying just your normal everyday self wink
Posted By: dawglover05 Re: Covid Booster Vax #3 Booster Thread - 12/02/21 03:04 PM
It seems like Moderna typically has the stronger reaction, but the antibodies last longer. I had Pfizer and nothing major except sore arm. My wife was down for the count for a little bit after Moderna #2 and #3.
Posted By: FL_Dawg Re: Covid Booster Vax #3 Booster Thread - 12/02/21 04:51 PM
j/c,

I hope that you all enjoy your false sense of security, just don't expect others to surrender their liberties for you to 'feel' safe.
Posted By: oobernoober Re: Covid Booster Vax #3 Booster Thread - 12/02/21 04:56 PM
Similarly, I hope you or a loved one don't get super sick and possibly die.
Posted By: PitDAWG Re: Covid Booster Vax #3 Booster Thread - 12/02/21 06:02 PM
Originally Posted by FL_Dawg
j/c,

I hope that you all enjoy your false sense of security, just don't expect others to surrender their liberties for you to 'feel' safe.

Yes, doing your part to help protect the health of your fellow Americans is seriously infringing on your freedumb.
Posted By: EveDawg Re: Covid Booster Vax #3 Booster Thread - 12/07/21 07:07 AM
I had the Moderna booster today. My arm is a bit sore, but thats about it for now. The pharmacist told me that its a half dose of the regular vaccine. So side effects might be less. First time I heard it was a half dose.
Posted By: jfanent Re: Covid Booster Vax #3 Booster Thread - 12/07/21 12:30 PM
Some places around here were offering the choice of a half or full dose. I didn't have a choice and received the full dose. You'd think there should be some consistency for evaluating effectiveness.
Posted By: dawglover05 Re: Covid Booster Vax #3 Booster Thread - 12/07/21 01:17 PM
Yeah, that's weird. I wonder if it has something to do with size??? My wife is a petite 5'2" and the Moderna booster hit her hard for about 8-10 hours or so. I'm a bigger 6'3" and the second dose of Pfizer left me with a sore arm and nothing else.

I also noticed that kids have I believe 1/3 the dose of the adult version of Pfizer?
Posted By: oobernoober Re: Covid Booster Vax #3 Booster Thread - 12/07/21 03:02 PM
I thought I read the Moderna booster is 1/2 the dose, while the Pfizer is a full dose (for the booster). While it probably doesn't matter much in terms of safety, people being able to choose whether to get a full or half dose is indicative of the lack of data driving the booster campaign.
Posted By: oobernoober Re: Covid Booster Vax #3 Booster Thread - 12/07/21 03:34 PM
https://www.medicalnewstoday.com/ar...-after-6-months#Immunity-after-infection

I found this article helpful. They're finally starting to get data on when people should go back for additional shots.

-Pfizer vaccine in healthcare environment degraded more than 50% over a 6 month period, on average across age and gender
-Degradation is worse/steeper as you get older, and slightly worse for men vs women (I thought this explanation of the article was really interesting)
-Degradation of immunity from vaccination vs natural infection seems to follow a similar curve

So we seem to be gaining a good understanding of how long immunity lasts... so the only thing I'm still wanting is a line in the sand of when people shouldn't consider themselves adequately protected anymore.

For me, I don't find a blanket statement 'everyone needs to get a third shot because of omicron' very helpful. To date, they haven't told us much regarding how fast antibody levels degrade, or what amount of degradation actually necessitates going to get a booster. They have also questioned whether the vaccine will be as effective vs omicron... but then turn around and say we need boosters to fight the variant. Doesn't make a ton of sense to me.
Posted By: dawglover05 Re: Covid Booster Vax #3 Booster Thread - 12/07/21 03:39 PM
Don't know why, but the article won't open on my computer. Interesting about the curve. Is the starting point for the curve both the same for natural immunity and vaccination (e.g. one generally starts out with a higher number of antibodies than the other)?
Posted By: PitDAWG Re: Covid Booster Vax #3 Booster Thread - 12/07/21 04:05 PM
I think using the Omicron variant as a reason to get the booster sounds odd. The variant that is now killing over 1100 Americans a day is still the Delta variant.
Posted By: oobernoober Re: Covid Booster Vax #3 Booster Thread - 12/07/21 05:00 PM
Don't know why, but the article won't open on my computer. Interesting about the curve. Is the starting point for the curve both the same for natural immunity and vaccination (e.g. one generally starts out with a higher number of antibodies than the other)?

It doesn't mention that. Seems to only talk about the slope of the curve(s), and not any static numbers. The article is a summary of a study that sufficiently dumbed things down so I could understand their specific point.
Posted By: oobernoober Re: Covid Booster Vax #3 Booster Thread - 12/07/21 05:05 PM
https://papers.ssrn.com/sol3/papers.cfm?abstract_id=3915349

Link to study referenced in the article. It's a pre-print, and I'm not really sure what that means. I assume that the full report is still in-process, hasn't been peer-reviewed, but the data has been fairly clear. Someone please correct me if I'm wrong.
Posted By: DCDAWGFAN Re: Covid Booster Vax #3 Booster Thread - 12/09/21 08:14 PM
I got the booster, not because I'm afraid of Omicron, it's because I hear the next variant could be 3.14 times worse.
Posted By: FATE Re: Covid Booster Vax #3 Booster Thread - 12/09/21 08:43 PM
Oh no, here comes the Pi variant!

I wonder if they'll have the balls to name a variant "Omega"... read the plot line...

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

Due to an experimental vaccine, Dr. Robert Neville is the only survivor of an apocalyptic war waged with biological weapons. The plague caused by the war has killed everyone else except for a few hundred deformed, nocturnal people calling themselves "The Family". The plague has caused them to become sensitive to light, as well as homicidally psychotic. They believe science and technology to be the cause of the war and their punishment, and Neville, as the last symbol of science, the old world, and a "user of the wheel", must die. Neville, using electricity, machinery, and science attempts to hold them at bay.
Posted By: DCDAWGFAN Re: Covid Booster Vax #3 Booster Thread - 12/09/21 08:48 PM
I wonder if they'll have the balls to name a variant "Omega"
Well, they didn't have the balls to use the variant "Xi" which should have been the last one, skipped right over it.. wonder why.

Thinking it might have something to do with Xi Jinping.. just a guess though. willynilly
Well, tomorrow I have to go get my Co-Vid test. I have had my shot, and booster, and I am sick as a dog. Dizzy, sore throat, (very sore!) cough that rips my throat open every time I cough, weak ...... crazy

I got both my Co-Vid and flu shots, and was already sick once. (though I question if I ate some contaminated Dole salads) This fall/winter sucks!
Posted By: PitDAWG Re: Covid Booster Vax #3 Booster Thread - 01/04/22 04:28 PM
Hope all goes well for you and that you feel better soon.
Posted By: GMdawg Re: Covid Booster Vax #3 Booster Thread - 01/04/22 08:36 PM
You do know that means I won't kiss you this week wink
I guess there is a ray of light in every dark cloud. rofl
Posted By: FATE Re: Covid Booster Vax #3 Booster Thread - 01/04/22 10:28 PM
Hope you feel better soon, YTown. Crap is hitting our neck of the woods pretty hard right now. Don't be worried about GM trying to kiss you weekly... be worried about him attempting to kiss you strongly. It's hard to get out of his clutch sometimes.
Posted By: Clemdawg Re: Covid Booster Vax #3 Booster Thread - 01/05/22 06:03 AM
"Due to an experimental vaccine, Dr. Robert Neville is the only survivor of an apocalyptic war waged with biological weapons. The plague caused by the war has killed everyone else except for a few hundred deformed, nocturnal people calling themselves "The Family". The plague has caused them to become sensitive to light, as well as homicidally psychotic. They believe science and technology to be the cause of the war and their punishment, and Neville, as the last symbol of science, the old world, and a "user of the wheel", must die. Neville, using electricity, machinery, and science attempts to hold them at bay".

Why do I hear William Conrad's voice when I read these words?

Y-Town: Seriously Dawg, I hope you're feeling better soon.
I feel like someone poured battery acid down my throat, and into both ears, then beat me with a tree trunk. I went and took my covid test yesterday, but that is a 3 day turnaround .... so I won't know til then.
Posted By: jfanent Re: Covid Booster Vax #3 Booster Thread - 01/05/22 04:40 PM
Prayers and thoughts, Ytown. I hope this is something that quickly runs its course.
Thank you. I hope so too.

My doctor won't see me unless I have the results from my covid test. It takes 3 days for the results, which puts me into the weekend. crazy If I have covid, and I am not feeling better by the weekend, I'll either have to contact my doctor through the medical dental board, or go to urgent care. Ugh.
Posted By: jfanent Re: Covid Booster Vax #3 Booster Thread - 01/05/22 06:01 PM
The doc will just refer you there anyway. Once you get your results, your best bet is to call the nurse consult thru your insurance co. Most are actually pretty good about steering you in the right direction.
Posted By: PortlandDawg Re: Covid Booster Vax #3 Booster Thread - 01/06/22 02:45 AM
Maybe this will entice those not vaccinated because of their fear of getting ‘experimental gene therapy’ to be vaccinated. This new vaccine, developed in Texas, is a traditionally developed vaccine.

https://newatlas.com/health-wellbei...aj-I_eI8vQ-DrPOsng8Qmk4tKRAFy4AxTtV8ed_Q
“ The vaccine has been named Corbevax and it is based on a traditional protein-based technology that has been safely used for decades. Like other COVID-19 vaccines, Corbevax focuses on the coronavirus spike protein, but instead of using mRNA to direct our cells to produce those spike proteins internally it delivers lab-grown spike proteins to the body.“
Today I just feel like crap. What a huge improvement! rofl

My throat is still sore, but not like it was. My ears don't hurt, and that is huge. I am stil worn down, and tired, but I feel better. I just hope it continues.
Posted By: SuperBrown Re: Covid Booster Vax #3 Booster Thread - 01/06/22 08:53 PM
The more of these vaccines you take the more your immune systems will cease to exist.

RESEARCH
Posted By: archbolddawg Re: Covid Booster Vax #3 Booster Thread - 01/06/22 09:09 PM
Originally Posted by YTownBrownsFan
Today I just feel like crap. What a huge improvement! rofl

My throat is still sore, but not like it was. My ears don't hurt, and that is huge. I am stil worn down, and tired, but I feel better. I just hope it continues.

Happy for you.
Posted By: jfanent Re: Covid Booster Vax #3 Booster Thread - 01/06/22 11:26 PM
The more of these vaccines you take the more your immune systems will cease to exist.

RESEARCH

Show us the research that says this.
Posted By: archbolddawg Re: Covid Booster Vax #3 Booster Thread - 01/07/22 12:07 AM
I have nothing. I did read today that those (me) that got the J and J vaccine can't get a booster.

I called the local - county - health department. I'm scheduled. They said they'd never heard of that.

Media.
Posted By: SuperBrown Re: Covid Booster Vax #3 Booster Thread - 01/07/22 12:53 AM
Originally Posted by jfanent

RESEARCH

Show us the research that says this.

https://www.banned.video/watch?id=6185b407e19ed5372ded8319

24 minute mark on this video below...

https://www.banned.video/watch?id=61b3e1dd41190915ff8754d0

https://www.banned.video/watch?id=61a8078b5894057acfc9b40f

https://www.banned.video/watch?id=61cf8f20cddb3b489fafd4c2
Posted By: jfanent Re: Covid Booster Vax #3 Booster Thread - 01/07/22 01:51 AM
Are you frickin' serious? A whackjob on infowars saying that the vaccine causes AIDS?
Posted By: DeisleDawg Re: Covid Booster Vax #3 Booster Thread - 01/07/22 05:21 AM
Are you frickin' serious? A whackjob on infowars saying that the vaccine causes AIDS?

Idk that.. I can cancel my hearing test now ? Whew ! I thought I was going to have to buy hearing aids !! can't hear crap anymore..

Oh I can't see well ! there's no E in aids.. must need eye aides now...

Come to think about it.. I haven't felt the same since I had my booster !! feeling a little more frisky lately. ! didn't notice a blue tint to it when they gave it to me.
Posted By: GMdawg Re: Covid Booster Vax #3 Booster Thread - 01/07/22 12:09 PM
Covid vaccine increases Penis size

https://draabe-nyt.dk/wp-content/uploads/2021/03/vaccine-covid-ARTICLE.pdf
Posted By: PortlandDawg Re: Covid Booster Vax #3 Booster Thread - 01/07/22 01:52 PM
GM, you did it! Super signed up for his jab!!!
Posted By: SuperBrown Re: Covid Booster Vax #3 Booster Thread - 01/07/22 07:26 PM

Pearls before Swine.
Posted By: PitDAWG Re: Covid Booster Vax #3 Booster Thread - 01/07/22 07:36 PM
So do you buy the supplements Alex Jones sells on Infowars too? I mean he says they can do miracles as well.
Well .... I had the CO-VID shot, and booster ......... and I have CO-VID. banghead

It took me almost a week to get the results back .... a week of misery. crazy I think that I have started to fight it off, though. I have been coughing up some rather disgusting stuff today, and have gone through half a box of tissues today. Bleh.

Anyway, got a tele-visit with the doc coming up soon. Yippee.
Posted By: dawglover05 Re: Covid Booster Vax #3 Booster Thread - 01/10/22 08:44 PM
I sure do hope those tissues you used were related to the COVID… wink

Hope you feel better, man. A lot of people are now saying it’s a matter of “when” not “if” you get Omicron.
Posted By: Clemdawg Re: Covid Booster Vax #3 Booster Thread - 01/11/22 03:17 AM
I had to take a SARS/COV 2 antigen test today. Without it, I couldn't return to work after almost a month's vacation (yeah- there are a few perks to my job-)
Spent Christmas Day with a bunch of un-vaxed folk, some of whom had just been in contact with unvaxed folk with symptoms... hospital-stay type symptoms. Needless to say, it wasn't the most relaxed Fam Holiday I've ever experienced...

Relieved to report that I tested negative.
Hi-ho, hi-ho... it's back to work I go-

Mom just ordered a bigazz box of KN95's. In black, so they won't clash with my performance attire.
(Like John Witherspoon said to Eddie Murphy in 'Boomerang,' regarding the mushroom shirt/belt/jacket lining: "Ya got to coordinate!!!") *

They arrive later this week.

I'll do everything I can to be part of the solution. I can't get inside a lab and help develop the next gen of defense against this awful thing, but I can do things on my end that don't make this pandemic worse.

*deeeep mushroom love
Posted By: archbolddawg Re: Covid Booster Vax #3 Booster Thread - 01/11/22 03:49 AM
Not sure if I posted this or not. If I did, and I repeat, forgive me.

I was positive on Christmas day. I avoided everyone. Slept upstairs. Just a bit of nasal congestion - which is typical for ANYONE this time of year. No fever, got a little bit of cough, super tired but since I cancelled most of my jobs, no biggie. (yes, i worked - but only at jobs where NO ONE was present)

Ended up giving it to my daughter, and sis in law. Daughter gave it to her boyfriend. Until we were talking last night. Daughter said she thinks her boyfriend gave it to her, and she gave it to her her aunt (my sis in law) Sooga and I weren't together before I got it, nor after, other than 1 night. So, who really knows? She works in a hospital, Toledo Hospital, with every kind of sick you can imagine.

I was lucky - like I said, a tad bit of nasal congestion, a slight cough, tired as can be, and yes, some shortness of breath. (had it 2 years ago, before it was covid), and, loss of taste. Only reason I ate for the 12 days I avoided people, was because I knew I HAD to. Every bite I took was "I have to put calories in my body".

Spent too much time reading, and then wondering "Am I in the last 2 weeks of my life?"

I'm back to normal, with a bit of breathlesness. Sooga is fine, her boyfriend is fine, sis in law is fine, but her son, my nephew, got it. He's probably the hardest hit, and he's also the only one un vaccinated.

Got my flu shot last week, (bout time, eh?), and getting a covid booster tomorrow.
Posted By: jfanent Re: Covid Booster Vax #3 Booster Thread - 01/11/22 12:16 PM
The staffing shortage is so bad, some hospitals are allowing COVID+ direct care staff to work if their symptoms are minimal.
Posted By: Ballpeen Re: Covid Booster Vax #3 Booster Thread - 01/11/22 12:47 PM
Glad to hear you had a nice time off and tested negative. I am also glad to hear about the black mask. Anything other would be similar to wearing a classic tux then finish it off with a pair of brown shoes.

I am wearing my mask about when I go in to a Wal-mart or grocery store or places where there are more than a few people milling around. I don't think it really matters all that much, but hey, I feel better about it even though I am touching things and my eyes aren't covered with goggles.
Posted By: Clemdawg Re: Covid Booster Vax #3 Booster Thread - 01/12/22 04:24 AM
[quote][/quote]j/c

Hey all- I just found this, and thought it was interesting.
Check this out:

Covid loses '90pc of its infectiousness within five minutes of being airborne'

Coronavirus loses 90 per cent of its infectiousness within five minutes of becoming airborne, a new study has suggested.
Preliminary data from the University of Bristol reveals that in a real world situation the conditions of the air dry out the viral particles.
The team measured how stable SARS-CoV-2 droplets – the virus which causes Covid – are over time, ranging from five seconds to 20 minutes.

“A decrease in infectivity to approximately 10 per cent of the starting value was observable for SARS-CoV-2 over 20 minutes, with a large proportion of the loss occurring within the first 5 minutes after aerosolisation,” the scientists write in the paper.

The findings indicate that the virus does not survive for long outside the warm and damp environment of a host's respiratory system, and loses its potency rapidly in the wild.

'Near instant loss of infectivity in 50 to 60pc of the virus'

The study, which has not yet been published in full or peer-reviewed, shows that in air with 50 per cent humidity, akin to that circulated in large buildings, there is a “near-instant loss of infectivity in 50 to 60 per cent of the virus”.

At much higher humidity, the droplet does not dry out instantly and remains fluid for longer, which means the virus remains stable and infectious for two minutes.

However, even under these favourable conditions the virus loses 90 per cent of its infectiousness after ten minutes.

“It means that if I’m meeting friends for lunch in a pub today, the primary [risk] is likely to be me transmitting it to my friends, or my friends transmitting it to me, rather than it being transmitted from someone on the other side of the room,” Prof Jonathan Reid, the study’s lead author from the University of Bristol, told The Guardian.

Prof Paul Hunter, professor in medicine at the University of East Anglia, said that the study suggests airborne spread “may not be as important as some have thought”.

https://www.yahoo.com/news/covid-loses-90pc-infectiousness-within-192738828.html

Like the article said, these are preliminary findings, with no substantiation yet from peer review. However, if these results can be verified, it will potentially change (yet again) the ways in which we deal with this virus. We keep learning more about this novel virus a wee keep researching/fighting it. That is good. Ordinary folks' best practice: stay up on the (real) news, trust your doctors, and stay open to new approaches, as new information comes in.
Posted By: Lyuokdea Re: Covid Booster Vax #3 Booster Thread - 01/12/22 12:34 PM
I don't quite understand the conclusion of this study (or at least, the comment by Paul Hunter at the end, which may be an outside comment and not the result of the study)?

5 minutes is a really long time for air circulation. The standard requirement for air circulation in offices and stores is 4 changes/hour (so more or less all the air in the room is replaced every 15 minutes).

Air within a room circulates much faster than that (compared to how fast it is being pushed in and pulled out by the small fans at the corners). For comparison - think about standing in one side of a room when somebody sprays perfume on the other side - you will notice in way less than 5 minutes.
Posted By: jfanent Re: Covid Booster Vax #3 Booster Thread - 01/12/22 12:50 PM
I hate reading an eye catching headline and finding that the story doesn't quite live up to the hype.

First we have the bold, eye catching statement: "Covid loses '90pc of its infectiousness within five minutes of being airborne"

Then 4 lines down we have: "“A decrease in infectivity to approximately 10 per cent of the starting value was observable for SARS-CoV-2 over 20 minutes", (meaning 90% over 20 minutes, not 5 minutes).
This statement was followed by: "with a large proportion of the loss occurring within the first 5 minutes after aerosolisation,” with no specific number
given for this "large proportion". They tested from 5 seconds to 20 minutes and printed specific numbers for all other situations they bring up, just not where they need it most to support the headline.

To make things confusing, later when it talks of a higher humidity envronment, it says the conditions are more favorable to the virus but "it loses 90 per cent of its infectiousness after ten minutes", which seems more supportive of the headline.

There's no link to the actual study in the article.
Posted By: oobernoober Re: Covid Booster Vax #3 Booster Thread - 01/12/22 02:17 PM
My conclusion/translation: drier air to go with that social distancing means higher success rate in this cat-and-mouse game we're all playing.

I heard a story on NPR on how money is being made available to schools and such to upgrade HVAC systems. This article might be helpful in making those types of decisions.
Posted By: jfanent Re: Covid Booster Vax #3 Booster Thread - 01/12/22 04:12 PM
I'm sure that's what the message is, but resorting to clickbait and not backing up your statement will make people take it with a grain of salt. There was no need for that at all in this case.
Posted By: SuperBrown Re: Covid Booster Vax #3 Booster Thread - 01/12/22 08:40 PM
https://www.banned.video/watch?id=61df3880d3f6f56c7b14a02c
Posted By: oobernoober Re: Covid Booster Vax #3 Booster Thread - 01/12/22 08:50 PM
Yeah, I do hear what you're saying.
Posted By: dawglover05 Re: Covid Booster Vax #3 Booster Thread - 01/12/22 11:27 PM
With all due respect, please stop posting things from a Sandy Hook denier.
Posted By: Dave Re: Covid Booster Vax #3 Booster Thread - 01/13/22 08:57 PM
Sorry, I haven't read the whole thread, but I was wondering if anyone has had any side effects from the Pfizer booster? I had zero reaction to the first two shots (also Pfizer), but after getting the booster yesterday I feel like [bleep]. Injection arm is very sore, chills, a little feverish, and a good deal of fatigue. Nothing I can't put up with, but a little concerning.
Posted By: dawglover05 Re: Covid Booster Vax #3 Booster Thread - 01/13/22 09:01 PM
I had a sore arm after 2 and the booster. After 2, I just felt very tired and fell asleep. No other side effects after the booster besides the sore arm. A coworker of mine had everything you mentioned though. Crazy how things hit people differently.
Posted By: Ballpeen Re: Covid Booster Vax #3 Booster Thread - 01/13/22 09:04 PM
Originally Posted by Dave
Sorry, I haven't read the whole thread, but I was wondering if anyone has had any side effects from the Pfizer booster? I had zero reaction to the first two shots (also Pfizer), but after getting the booster yesterday I feel like [bleep]. Injection arm is very sore, chills, a little feverish, and a good deal of fatigue. Nothing I can't put up with, but a little concerning.

Yes, I did. It hit me with a fever and fatigue the next day. Not so much for a sore arm.

I was fine a day later
Posted By: GMdawg Re: Covid Booster Vax #3 Booster Thread - 01/14/22 11:17 AM
Dave I had zero side effects with the first two shots. On the Booster I got the sore arm, and the next day felt like crap, but it cleared up within 24 hours.
Posted By: Dave Re: Covid Booster Vax #3 Booster Thread - 01/14/22 01:37 PM
Thanks guys - feeling better this morning. Slept over 9 hours last night, which never happens.
Posted By: oobernoober Re: Covid Booster Vax #3 Booster Thread - 01/14/22 02:06 PM
Have they come out with any guidance as far as how long the original vaccine is 'good' for? I'm waiting for actual results/assessment as to when your original vaccination is no longer considered 'enough'. I read that they know that your 'protected-ness' begins to erode only a couple months after your second shot.
Posted By: PortlandDawg Re: Covid Booster Vax #3 Booster Thread - 01/14/22 02:24 PM
I can only speak to my personal situation. I got my second dose of the Moderna vaccine in February of last year. In my regular testing for work I’ve shown a strong antibody response up until a couple weeks back. I’m now scheduled for my booster next week. About 11 months in between.
My girlfriend got the Pfizer vaccine around the same time. Her antibodies waned months ago. She got boosted a couple months back.
Posted By: FATE Re: Covid Booster Vax #3 Booster Thread - 01/14/22 07:53 PM
Originally Posted by oobernoober
Have they come out with any guidance as far as how long the original vaccine is 'good' for? I'm waiting for actual results/assessment as to when your original vaccination is no longer considered 'enough'. I read that they know that your 'protected-ness' begins to erode only a couple months after your second shot.
I think omicron has been a game changer. It doesn't seem to care about the vaccine or booster. "Protected-ness" is now nothing more than a guess for all intents and purposes. In all fairness, the same seems to be true with natural immunity.

Anecdotal, yes, but here's a tale of my two sisters... One sister, scared to death of Covid but got it in late '20, before the vax. Was vaccinated and got a booster in early November, '21... got covid again just before Christmas.

Other sister, unvaccinated... Covid in late '20. Got the vaccine around August of '21... covid again around Thanksgiving '21... covid AGAIN five weeks later.
Posted By: PitDAWG Re: Covid Booster Vax #3 Booster Thread - 01/14/22 08:10 PM
I think Omicron certainly breaks through the vaccine but has still been proven to happen less per capita in the vaccinated than the unvaccinated. However the death count has gone up from over 1300 a day a few weeks ago to over 1700 daily average over the past week. Serious cases requiring hospitalization, that result in long haul Covid and death are still much higher in those who have not been vaccinated.
Posted By: FATE Re: Covid Booster Vax #3 Booster Thread - 01/14/22 08:22 PM
Not arguing any of that, just speaking to "protected-ness" as it relates to oober's question. Will the vaccine or booster prevent you from getting covid? Not anywhere near as much as social distancing, washing your hands and wearing a mask. Guess which approach most Americans threw out the window months ago?
Posted By: PitDAWG Re: Covid Booster Vax #3 Booster Thread - 01/14/22 08:27 PM
I don't disagree with what you're saying either.
Posted By: Ballpeen Re: Covid Booster Vax #3 Booster Thread - 01/14/22 08:39 PM
Not arguing any of that, just speaking to "protected-ness" as it relates to oober's question. Will the vaccine or booster prevent you from getting covid? Not anywhere near as much as social distancing, washing your hands and wearing a mask. Guess which approach most Americans threw out the window months ago?

I agree. The inoculation lessens the sickness, at least to this point. It doesn't do much to prevent spread or keeping a person from being positive and being a spreader.

Sooner or later most of us are going to get it if we already haven't.
Posted By: archbolddawg Re: Covid Booster Vax #3 Booster Thread - 01/14/22 08:47 PM
All I know is I got covid 2 years ago, before it was 'covid'. 2 to 2 1/2 weeks of exhaustion, sore throat a few days, night sweats a couple of days, congestion, cough, etc. I didn't feel TERRIBLE. Just bad.

Got the J and J Good Friday of last year. Got covid this past December - Christmas day was when I tested. And I only did that because I had a bit of nasal congestion and we had a family Christmas that evening. I didn't go. I was a good boy. Avoided my wife. Slept upstairs, didn't feel bad, at all, other than tired. I cancelled MOST of my jobs, and didn't schedule others until after my 10 days. Did a couple of jobs, but those were in empty buildings with me being the only 1 there.

Daughter got it. She tested twice before she went up north for vacation with 10 others. She only found out she had it because they took her to the e.r. for chest pain. EKG was fine, but the test was positive for covid.

So, I've had it twice. Got vaxxed, just got a booster last week.

It's just a crazy thing, this covid. Some get it and have no idea, some get it and die.

What irks me is I know of 3 people that had 'symptoms' just as I did, but they kept on doing their thing. It's like, "great, you feel fine. So did I. But you can still spread it!"

Wife has not had it. She got the J and J when I did last year. My daughter also works in a hospital where there are many covid patients, so we don't even know if she got it from me or not.
Posted By: FATE Re: Covid Booster Vax #3 Booster Thread - 01/14/22 09:17 PM
There's no rhyme of reason to a lot of this, particularly in my personal experience. I got it this time on NYE. I had just kissed my wife mere hours before experiencing symptoms. We just assumed she would test positive as well. Hell, we drove back to Fort Wayne in the same car for four hours. The next day, she returned to work and stopped in "the tent" to inform them that her husband tested positive. "No biggie, if you're not experiencing symptoms; come on in and do your job!" They said to go to the testing site the following day before her shift... she tested negative.

Meanwhile, my son tested positive. He had spent a grand total of one hour in the same house, with all of us masked... just stopped by to say goodbye before we returned to Indiana. He was around no other humans the previous two days as we had him stay in our rental, empty since the in-laws returned to Florida five days prior.
Posted By: Clemdawg Re: Covid Booster Vax #3 Booster Thread - 01/14/22 09:32 PM
Not anywhere near as much as social distancing, washing your hands and wearing a mask. Guess which approach most Americans threw out the window months ago?

Not us.
The instant we heard about Omicron, we went back to masks. Handwashing has been a regular habit. Distancing is a little difficult, as no one near us seems to care. We're essentially homebodies anyway, and those few friends we see are pretty much like us, too. No eating out; we bring it home.

At work, I'm at least 50 ft away from the nearest audience members, and all my mates (like me) are regularly tested and fully vaxed. We use a separate entrance, and never interact with the crowd. Intermissions have been scrapped for now, and folks are distanced in the house.

We've done what we can, and will continue to do so. It's called citizenship.
Posted By: FATE Re: Covid Booster Vax #3 Booster Thread - 01/14/22 10:02 PM
Yep. Aside from all the "bickering" we've done as humans over what's fair, what works, who the bad guys are, etc... there is a lot to be said for simple common sense. I avoided all brick and mortar over Christmas, except for that one last-minute trip to WallyWorld... I was astounded, and basically pissed off at humanity. Hundreds of people in the store and about a dozen wearing masks. I get it, most people aren't worried, but at the time (and still) we have hospitals turning people away. Citizenship, civic duty, it's not that hard. On one hand, I don't begrudge anyone their right to live on their own terms; on the other, we all sit around arguing about "science" and become walking, breathing laboratory rats... and pretty dumb ones at that.

Happy to say, at least here in Indiana, it seems people are starting to "wise up". Had to do some shopping today and probably half the population had a mask on their face. It was a pleasant surprise.
Posted By: oobernoober Re: Covid Booster Vax #3 Booster Thread - 01/15/22 03:38 PM
Yep. Aside from all the "bickering" we've done as humans over what's fair, what works, who the bad guys are, etc... there is a lot to be said for simple common sense. I avoided all brick and mortar over Christmas, except for that one last-minute trip to WallyWorld... I was astounded, and basically pissed off at humanity. Hundreds of people in the store and about a dozen wearing masks. I get it, most people aren't worried, but at the time (and still) we have hospitals turning people away. Citizenship, civic duty, it's not that hard. On one hand, I don't begrudge anyone their right to live on their own terms; on the other, we all sit around arguing about "science" and become walking, breathing laboratory rats... and pretty dumb ones at that.

Happy to say, at least here in Indiana, it seems people are starting to "wise up". Had to do some shopping today and probably half the population had a mask on their face. It was a pleasant surprise.

In my neck of the woods, you don't have to go far to experience the entire range of the spectrum. Walmart deep in Hamilton... there's always a good chance you're bringing something home, and that was true before COVID.

With vaccines, and the first batch of specialized treatments nearly here, I'm excited for people's decisions about their health only affecting themselves.
Posted By: dawglover05 Re: Covid Booster Vax #3 Booster Thread - 01/15/22 06:04 PM
The same actually goes for the Kroger on Tylersville oddly enough.
Posted By: jfanent Re: Covid Booster Vax #3 Booster Thread - 01/15/22 06:34 PM
Well my son has COVID again. The first time hit him hard with a fever wheezing and aching. This time, just a slight fever and cold symptoms. He's been vaccinated and had his booster just last week. He works for the post office and their COVID pay stopped on 12/31, so he's going without pay until his boss figures out what the quarantine restrictions are. (He doesn't qualify for sick pay yet). My brother is still recovering a month later, still on oxygen but able to get around the house without gasping for breath. My other brother, his wife and 2 of his adult children were all positive with minor to no symptoms. They were vaccinated.

My wife and I have been lucky, we're careful and minding our p's and q's. We both had some bad cold symptoms a while back but tested negative. I think it's just a matter of time, everyone will be infected before it's all said and done.
Posted By: dawglover05 Re: Covid Booster Vax #3 Booster Thread - 01/16/22 01:36 AM
Hope everyone recovers quickly, my friend. People have been going down left and right on my son’s basketball team. The season is being rescheduled and postponed everywhere. It’s crazy.

Also glad to hear your son didn’t get hit hard this time around. Perhaps a testament to vax vs non-vax?
Posted By: FORTBROWNFAN Re: Covid Booster Vax #3 Booster Thread - 01/16/22 03:23 AM
Originally Posted by Dave

My first Pfyzer shot was nothing, the second was just a tired feeling, my booster though kicked my butt for a couple days. Saying that, after my second shot and booster i noticed I was out of breath walking up hill from about 2 weeks after each shot to about 4 months on the earlier one, and still after the booster. I have walked about an hour a day 5-7 days a week for 8-10 years in hot weather or cold (down to zero) and never experienced it before. My PCP and my heart doctor just shrugged when I mentioned it. They said they had not heard anything. Seems liek more than a coincidence.
Posted By: SuperBrown Re: Covid Booster Vax #3 Booster Thread - 01/16/22 03:57 AM
Originally Posted by FORTBROWNFAN
My first Pfyzer shot was nothing, the second was just a tired feeling, my booster though kicked my butt for a couple days. Saying that, after my second shot and booster i noticed I was out of breath walking up hill from about 2 weeks after each shot to about 4 months on the earlier one, and still after the booster. I have walked about an hour a day 5-7 days a week for 8-10 years in hot weather or cold (down to zero) and never experienced it before. My PCP and my heart doctor just shrugged when I mentioned it. They said they had not heard anything. Seems liek more than a coincidence.

No coincidence.
Posted By: oobernoober Re: Covid Booster Vax #3 Booster Thread - 01/17/22 03:55 PM

You think so? I go there every once in a while and never thought it was that bad. The new Kroger near 4 and 747, on the other hand.
Posted By: Frenchy Re: Covid Booster Vax #3 Booster Thread - 01/17/22 05:00 PM
Well my wife and I are both vaccinated, we both have had symptoms since Saturday, coughing, sneezing, runny noses, slight fevers, diarrhea, her work said she can come back to work after no symptoms for 72 hours. Still waiting for my work ro get to me. Daughter has no symptoms and her work said she can go to work today.
Posted By: jaybird Re: Covid Booster Vax #3 Booster Thread - 01/17/22 08:43 PM
Sorry to hear - my wife just recently got over her covid infection... our house has had it at least twice... my son has had it twice and wife once.... thankfully I haven't had it either time... did work from home a bit to be safe
Posted By: dawglover05 Re: Covid Booster Vax #3 Booster Thread - 01/18/22 02:36 PM
Originally Posted by oobernoober

You think so? I go there every once in a while and never thought it was that bad. The new Kroger near 4 and 747, on the other hand.

Maybe I’m just jaded from going there for the last 12 years, but I always come out with a story every couple of months. The latest one - about a month ago, right before Christmas, some little boy asked a lady, who I presumed was his grandma, if he could buy candy. She goes off and yells “NOT THIS S*** AGAIN!!!” Zero concern for the crowd around her.

Funny stories happen there too though. Around the same time, I was doing self checkout. The employee there was helping another customer check and out and then says “Okay, now just let it know you’re ready to pay” and the dude shouts at the machine: “I’M READY TO PAY.” The employee had to keep helping him, but I’m glad I had a mask on because I was laughing pretty hard.

For me it’s always a stark contrast going there vs the market place up at Liberty.
Posted By: oobernoober Re: Covid Booster Vax #3 Booster Thread - 01/18/22 03:16 PM
LOL... well I consider seeing stuff like that as perks of going there.

My usual Kroger is the Marketplace on 747. If you go at certain times, there's a good chance you're going to see something weird. Like that dude that was loudly LOSING IT when he couldn't find Octoberfest in the beer aisle the Friday night before Halloween (because they had stocked up on Christmas Ale). It's really annoying when people play music loud when they're shopping, but the one guy that was dancing to it in the aisles with his horrified SO trailing behind him was hilarious.
Posted By: THROW LONG Re: Covid Booster Vax #3 Booster Thread - 01/20/22 03:19 AM
On a hunch, I ran across this next article, and imo, it appears some things never change. Big Businesses chase profit.
This was found searching, were cigarettes good for you in the 1940s, (hint, They Were NOT). but, see, what were people saying.
https://theconversation.com/smoking...but-how-did-they-ever-get-so-high-107185
Posted By: 3rd_and_20 Re: Covid Booster Vax #3 Booster Thread - 01/20/22 11:32 PM
Originally Posted by FORTBROWNFAN

No coincidence.

I agree.

Also your doctor should know what it could very well be from.
Posted By: PitDAWG Re: Covid Booster Vax #3 Booster Thread - 01/21/22 04:28 PM
Yes they should. And they never heard of it.
Posted By: FATE Re: Covid Booster Vax #3 Booster Thread - 01/21/22 05:19 PM
j/c...

CDC says 2/3 of you who felt any effects from vaccine or booster are just wrapped up in your own feelings... it's the "nocebo effect"...

https://nypost.com/2022/01/20/nocebo-effect-blamed-for-some-covid-vaccine-symptoms-study/
Posted By: jfanent Re: Covid Booster Vax #3 Booster Thread - 01/29/22 06:05 PM
Well, it was bound to happen. The wife and I tested positive today. Just moderate cough and cold symptoms for both of us, and she has a headache that she can't shake. We're both fully vaccinated and boostered. My wife and MIL went to babysit for my niece on Saturday, and her 4yo son started coughing and had a fever while they were there. The niece, her husband and son all tested positive on Sunday. My MIL who lives with us started coughing on Tuesday and tested positive on Thursday. Then it hit us. Nobody involved has severe symptoms so far, and hopefully this is as bad as it gets.
Posted By: GMdawg Re: Covid Booster Vax #3 Booster Thread - 01/29/22 06:09 PM
Keeping you all in my prayers my friend.
Posted By: BADdog Re: Covid Booster Vax #3 Booster Thread - 01/29/22 06:14 PM
This is a post for anyone who gets hit hard by covid.
If you are having problems breathing get oregano oil.
Put 3 drops in a pan of boiling water and inhale a for a few minutes.
Do this twice a day. It really really helps with breathing.
Posted By: archbolddawg Re: Covid Booster Vax #3 Booster Thread - 01/29/22 06:29 PM
Hopefully you have it like I did around Christmas. So mild......just tired. But I was a trooper and did my time in quarantine like a good person. Had it before, got vaxxed, got the booster (AFTER the last time).
Posted By: BADdog Re: Covid Booster Vax #3 Booster Thread - 01/29/22 07:01 PM
Steaming water. Turn it off before inhaling
Posted By: TTTDawg Re: Covid Booster Vax #3 Booster Thread - 02/01/22 12:04 AM
Got 2 OMG's from my wife and daughter, both RN's on this one.....

https://www.cnbc.com/2022/01/29/lon...s-to-earn-more-than-1point5-million.html
Posted By: PortlandDawg Re: Covid Booster Vax #3 Booster Thread - 02/01/22 01:19 AM
Well that’s one way to end your nursing career. Hope they both lose their licenses and serve a little time in the clink to reconsider their life choices.
Posted By: OldColdDawg Re: Covid Booster Vax #3 Booster Thread - 02/01/22 02:10 AM
Originally Posted by TTTDawg
Got 2 OMG's from my wife and daughter, both RN's on this one.....

https://www.cnbc.com/2022/01/29/lon...s-to-earn-more-than-1point5-million.html

Just a month ago, New York Gov. Kathy Hochul signed a bill into law criminalizing fake Covid-19 vaccination cards.

I would think they could only be in trouble for those faked in the last month. That's a lot of cash seized. Smh for the crime, if it was a crime at the time. Applause for finding a demand and filling it for great short term profit. Talk about a hungry market, antivaxxers trying to dodge public scrutiny. You just can't make stuff like this up. Must have felt like easy money until it didn't.
Posted By: jfanent Re: Covid Booster Vax #3 Booster Thread - 02/01/22 02:21 AM
They had to have something else going on. That ledger talks about distance and miles per minute and things like that. If they faked one card they need to pay a hefty price, though. Why in the world would someone pay several hundred dollars and break the law to avoid getting the vaccine?
Posted By: Ballpeen Re: Covid Booster Vax #3 Booster Thread - 02/01/22 11:33 AM
They had to have something else going on. That ledger talks about distance and miles per minute and things like that. If they faked one card they need to pay a hefty price, though. Why in the world would someone pay several hundred dollars and break the law to avoid getting the vaccine?

Because they don't want the vax and don't want to be locked out of a job or any number of things.

I myself don't understand the vax part, but I do understand not wanting to be out of a job. I think all can understand that.

When all of this started we were told that vaccine cards would not be required, yet that was tried before it was struck down. Just another example of government overreach.
Posted By: oobernoober Re: Covid Booster Vax #3 Booster Thread - 02/01/22 02:32 PM
Originally Posted by Ballpeen
Because they don't want the vax and don't want to be locked out of a job or any number of things.

I myself don't understand the vax part, but I do understand not wanting to be out of a job. I think all can understand that.

I think it requires a lot of not putting 2 and 2 together.
Posted By: PitDAWG Re: Covid Booster Vax #3 Booster Thread - 02/01/22 04:15 PM
Yes, the government doing everything they can to save American lives. Shame on them!
Posted By: THROW LONG Re: Covid Booster Vax #3 Booster Thread - 02/28/22 10:15 PM
Funny how Covid disappeared from the news cycle all of a sudden.
Posted By: FATE Re: Covid Booster Vax #3 Booster Thread - 02/28/22 10:36 PM
Don't worry yet, but I think the Covid is just taking a break to watch Putin.

I new hybrid strain -- DELTACRON is emerging in the UK.
like... no one in Orange county or san Diego is wearing a mask nor is anyone enforcing wearing a mask.
Posted By: cfrs15 Re: Covid Booster Vax #3 Booster Thread - 03/05/22 10:44 PM
Originally Posted by superbowldogg
like... no one in Orange county or san Diego is wearing a mask nor is anyone enforcing wearing a mask.

Most of the mask restrictions were lifted in California.
Posted By: Frenchy Re: Covid Booster Vax #3 Booster Thread - 04/23/22 03:42 AM
Got my Moderna booster #2 on Wednesday, other than a sore arm everything is good. This might be my last booster.
© DawgTalkers.net