DawgTalkers.net
Posted By: jfanent Prayers please - 12/08/21 09:44 PM
.....for my brother Randy. He's been in ICU with COVID complications since last night. He's not on a vent, but his Oxygen sats are dropping. They are not allowing visitors and I don't have a lot of information yet.
Posted By: GMdawg Re: Prayers please - 12/08/21 10:24 PM
Prayers are on the way buddy
Posted By: OldColdDawg Re: Prayers please - 12/08/21 10:34 PM
Hope he recovers fully, jfanent. I know it doesn't matter at this point, but was he vaccinated? Either way, I hope he gets the same level of treatments and care that so many unvaccinated political types and rich have been getting. This is all just so sad.
Posted By: EveDawg Re: Prayers please - 12/08/21 10:38 PM
Prayers for Randy and a quick healing.
Posted By: Dave Re: Prayers please - 12/08/21 10:56 PM
Prayers up, JFan. Hang in there.
Posted By: SuperBrown Re: Prayers please - 12/08/21 11:49 PM
Prayers out to Randy.
Posted By: YTownBrownsFan Re: Prayers please - 12/09/21 01:03 AM
Prayers for a full and complete recovery.
Posted By: Pdawg Re: Prayers please - 12/09/21 01:06 AM
Prayers for you and your brother.
Posted By: DeisleDawg Re: Prayers please - 12/09/21 01:37 AM
Dear lord Jesus, as I pray my nightly prayer. May you hear my prayer for Randy and may you hear the prayers of those who also pray a special prayer for Randy. As those of us believe you will hear our prayers and we will have faith in the answer to the prayer we pray. we trust in you and know any outcome will be your answer and keep the faith in your judgement. Amen ! Hallelujah ! Hallelujah !
Posted By: FATE Re: Prayers please - 12/09/21 02:14 AM
Prayers for healing hands on your brother. Prayers out to you and your whole family. Hang in there buddy.
Posted By: PortlandDawg Re: Prayers please - 12/09/21 02:18 AM
Healing thoughts to you and your family.
Posted By: TTTDawg Re: Prayers please - 12/09/21 04:36 AM
Godspeed and prayers from here for your brother and the family.
Posted By: lampdogg Re: Prayers please - 12/09/21 05:21 AM
Hoping your brother pulls through, jfan.
Posted By: PitDAWG Re: Prayers please - 12/09/21 03:57 PM
Prayers for your brother and your entire family. This damned virus has hit many of us in some form and some of understand exactly what you're going through.
Posted By: Homewood Dog Re: Prayers please - 12/09/21 05:01 PM
Agreed. I understand what your going through Jfan. Your brother and you will be in my prayers. I have a long list.
Posted By: jfanent Re: Prayers please - 12/10/21 01:05 AM
Thanks everyone. He's still in a place where it could go either way. I haven't been able to talk to him, but I've spoken with his nurse. He can sit up and eat, but whenever he stands or tries to walk, his oxygen levels bottom out, even with the Vapotherm forced oxygen on. He's being treated with Remdesivir and dexamethasone with antibiotics. I wasn't too thrilled to hear that, but after doing some research I found that it's become a much more standard treatment as of late. Again thanks for the prayers and wishes, I really believe in the power of prayer. Deisle, that was beautiful.
Posted By: Clemdawg Re: Prayers please - 12/10/21 02:44 AM
You got it.
Sending the best for your brother.
Posted By: 3rd_and_20 Re: Prayers please - 12/10/21 02:49 AM
Prayers your way jfanent.
Posted By: Dawgs4Life Re: Prayers please - 12/10/21 03:06 AM
Prayers to you buddy. All my best
Posted By: Ballpeen Re: Prayers please - 12/10/21 11:27 AM
Prayers out to Randy
Posted By: mac Re: Prayers please - 12/10/21 11:44 AM
jfan, your brother and his family will be in our thoughts and prayers.
Posted By: bonefish Re: Prayers please - 12/10/21 11:48 AM
Hope all works out for him and your family.
Posted By: Bard Dawg Re: Prayers please - 12/10/21 01:17 PM
My prayers for a perfect healing are sent. For him and for you as well. You are not alone, and we are pulling for you. Blessings, healings, strength, and faith, friend.
Posted By: jfanent Re: Prayers please - 12/14/21 12:37 PM
My brother came home from the hospital yesterday. He's still really short of breath on exertion, and he can't go anywhere or do anything without his oxygen running. He still looks really sick. He owns a large campground and it's killing him not to be able to do any of the things required in the off season. The doctor on his case said that it could be anywhere from 6 weeks to 6 months before he's back to normal.

He was not vaccinated, despite our pleading with him.....and he's regretting it now. I hope someone can learn a lesson from this.
Posted By: Dawgs4Life Re: Prayers please - 12/14/21 01:48 PM
Thanks for sharing this story. Scary times, especially for those who get the worst of the virus. I don’t tell people to get vaccinated because that’s their opinion, but I did just for this sort of scenario. Continued prayers.
Posted By: SuperBrown Re: Prayers please - 12/14/21 07:39 PM
Glad to hear he is out of the hospital at least. Pray he will get back to 100% sooner than expected.
Posted By: THROW LONG Re: Prayers please - 12/14/21 11:47 PM
Prayers to your situation. not to be seen of men, but God sees in secret and will reward openly, always pray for these threads but nearly never respond in them, because if seen of men can go unanswered. Prayers full recovery.
Posted By: DeisleDawg Re: Prayers please - 12/15/21 03:10 AM
Originally Posted by jfanent
My brother came home from the hospital yesterday. He's still really short of breath on exertion, and he can't go anywhere or do anything without his oxygen running. He still looks really sick.

I feel most Browns fans felt that way yesterday ! lol... Great news ! seriously hope he gets back on his feet soon ! At least he is here for Christmas !
Posted By: bbrowns32 Re: Prayers please - 12/16/21 10:55 PM
Originally Posted by DeisleDawg
Dear lord Jesus, as I pray my nightly prayer. May you hear my prayer for Randy and may you hear the prayers of those who also pray a special prayer for Randy. As those of us believe you will hear our prayers and we will have faith in the answer to the prayer we pray. we trust in you and know any outcome will be your answer and keep the faith in your judgement. Amen ! Hallelujah ! Hallelujah !

Well spoken, Double D. I have prayed this prayer and trust the Lord has heard....
Posted By: mac Re: Prayers please - 12/17/21 03:37 AM
Originally Posted by jfanent
My brother came home from the hospital yesterday. He's still really short of breath on exertion, and he can't go anywhere or do anything without his oxygen running. He still looks really sick. He owns a large campground and it's killing him not to be able to do any of the things required in the off season. The doctor on his case said that it could be anywhere from 6 weeks to 6 months before he's back to normal.

He was not vaccinated, despite our pleading with him.....and he's regretting it now. I hope someone can learn a lesson from this.

jfan...that is great news and hopefully his recovery will be a steady and complete, though it might not be fast enough for the patient...that would be a normal response.
Posted By: Clemdawg Re: Prayers please - 12/17/21 03:58 AM
Great news, bro!
I know he's feeling pretty punk right now, and I'm sure it's hard to see him like this- but like My Pops used to say, "This beats the helloutta second place."

So glad he's home.

He would be the best teacher a person could hear this lesson from. I hope he considers telling his story to anyone within earshot. Personal stories can open another person's mind much better than preaching or guilt trips or confrontation.

Positive covid stories like his can give us all some much-needed juice.

thumbsup
Posted By: PitDAWG Re: Prayers please - 12/17/21 05:07 PM
I hope he makes a full recovery in a speedy fashion. It's good to hear he's recovered well enough to go home. We all certainly wish those who have it within their power would do everything they could to lessen their chances of getting Covid and the severity of it if they do contract it. But alas that's often not the case.
© DawgTalkers.net