DawgTalkers.net
Posted By: jfanent Dan McCafferty of Nazareth RIP - 11/21/22 10:45 PM
I just found out he passed on November 8th. Another of those unique voices that everyone recognizes. I saw them in concert and McCafferty knew how to get the crowd going. He rocked until he couldn't..... still had that great voice into his later years even though he battled with COPD for quite some time.

Posted By: AZBrown Re: Dan McCafferty of Nazareth RIP - 11/21/22 11:23 PM

RIP
Posted By: PitDAWG Re: Dan McCafferty of Nazareth RIP - 11/22/22 07:48 PM
A Nazareth song that was my favorite by the band that I'm pretty sure wasn't at the top of most people's list.

R.I.P. Dan McCafferty.
Posted By: jfanent Re: Dan McCafferty of Nazareth RIP - 11/22/22 08:39 PM
That's a great tune. They were just a 3 chord hard rock band of homely Scottish guys that got people going, a poor man's ACDC. I really liked them when I was younger and just wanted to blast some music. And boy could McCafferty wail!
Posted By: PitDAWG Re: Dan McCafferty of Nazareth RIP - 11/22/22 09:18 PM
You are 100% correct. Their music was very basic. Which is something I'm usually not a big fan of. AC/DC as you mentioned and KISS immediately come to mind as bands I never cared for. With Nazareth it was just something about their sound that attracted me to their music. I can't quite put my finger on it.
Posted By: lampdogg Re: Dan McCafferty of Nazareth RIP - 11/22/22 11:45 PM
Joni Mitchell, at a gig in Scotland, told the audience she was going to play a Nazareth cover. In jest of course, because she wrote This Flight Tonight.

They also did the definitive Love Hurts cover, also.

RIP. When Dan gets to heaven he can say ‘now you’re messin’ with a sonofabitch’
Posted By: 3rd_and_20 Re: Dan McCafferty of Nazareth RIP - 11/23/22 08:11 PM
I always loved his raspy vocals. R.I.P.
© DawgTalkers.net