DawgTalkers.net
Posted By: BADdog THE SPHERE! - 10/02/23 01:55 PM
This is just too cool.

https://www.cnn.com/2023/10/01/entertainment/u2-sphere-las-vegas-cec/index.html
Posted By: leadtheway Re: THE SPHERE! - 10/02/23 03:12 PM
I'm really surprised Abu Dhabi or dubai didn't build this first. This is the exact kinda "extra" and bougie thing they love
Posted By: Dawgs4Life Re: THE SPHERE! - 10/02/23 04:00 PM
I saw that on the news and though it looked crazy
Posted By: PitDAWG Re: THE SPHERE! - 10/02/23 06:32 PM

Posted By: PortlandDawg Re: THE SPHERE! - 10/02/23 08:57 PM
My buddy and I are trying to get another Vegas art gig so we can go back and see this place. I’m not a U2 fan but if it was my only ticket in, I’d pay.
Posted By: Ballpeen Re: THE SPHERE! - 10/02/23 10:33 PM
My wife and I are thinking about going back, maybe for the last time. We used to go out 2-3 times a year. Not so much to gamble, though we did have a budget for that, we just liked the shows. Saw Elvis, the Rat Pack to name a few of the more legendary acts. This is going back to maybe 1974-75.

We haven't been in maybe 6-7 years now. Every time we go we always talked about how it's changed. It's always evolving.
Posted By: Ballpeen Re: THE SPHERE! - 10/02/23 10:40 PM
Originally Posted by PortlandDawg
My buddy and I are trying to get another Vegas art gig so we can go back and see this place. I’m not a U2 fan but if it was my only ticket in, I’d pay.

U2...what's that?

LOl....only kidding my friend.
Posted By: PortlandDawg Re: THE SPHERE! - 10/03/23 12:02 AM
I guess they have a residency gig there. Not my musical wheelhouse but whatever.
Posted By: BADdog Re: THE SPHERE! - 10/03/23 02:03 PM
Originally Posted by Ballpeen
Saw Elvis, the Rat Pack to name a few of the more legendary acts.
WOW Cool...........I designed the original Elvis cologne bottle. Smelled like a sweet english leather

[Linked Image from m.media-amazon.com]
Posted By: FATE Re: THE SPHERE! - 10/03/23 03:19 PM
That's really cool. Great design. How many did you submit before the final? I'm always fascinated with the mind of artists and the process. Good stuff!
Posted By: BADdog Re: THE SPHERE! - 10/03/23 04:02 PM
A bunch 2 dozen-ish. I had an idea for a prescription pill bottle and you break open gell caps filled with cologne onto yourself, but I kept that idea to myself.
Posted By: FATE Re: THE SPHERE! - 10/03/23 04:40 PM
rofl
Posted By: EveDawg Re: THE SPHERE! - 12/13/23 11:42 PM
Going to Vegas next month. We have tickets to a show in the Sphere. I cant wait.
Posted By: PortlandDawg Re: THE SPHERE! - 12/14/23 12:52 AM
I flew over Vegas last week. An evening flight. I could see it from the plane. Pretty cool. It was just a big blue dot about the size of a fat pencil lead, from my vantage point, but it was obvious that was what it was.
Posted By: EveDawg Re: THE SPHERE! - 01/16/24 06:00 PM
We went to the Sphere last night saw their show "Postcard From Earth". It was stunning beyond words. The screen wraps around you and above you. It feels like VR. A moden marvel. Highly reccommend. 10/10.
Posted By: EveDawg Re: THE SPHERE! - 01/16/24 06:42 PM
Also, I think I read the screen resolution is 14K. The quality is mindblowing.
Posted By: PitDAWG Re: THE SPHERE! - 01/16/24 07:01 PM
I'm not a Vegas person because I don't gamble. But the shows and and now the Sphere combined with thee food make it an interesting possible destination. In the event I ever do travel to Vegas the Sphere would be #1 on my list. Glad you enjoyed it. It obviously made quite the impression.
© DawgTalkers.net