DawgTalkers.net
Posted By: bbrowns32 Eotab... - 02/17/24 07:54 PM
I just now read on Facebook that our friend, Andrew (aka Eotab) passed away peacefully on February 14 th. He will be sorely missed....
Posted By: PitDAWG Re: Eotab... - 02/17/24 08:00 PM
Man that is terrible news. He fought the good fight for a very long time. He will remain one of the foundational members of Dawg Talkers. My heart and condolences go out to his family. RIP Eotab.
Posted By: EveDawg Re: Eotab... - 02/17/24 08:02 PM
This is awful to hear. RIP Eotab. Prayers.
Posted By: dawg66 Re: Eotab... - 02/17/24 08:29 PM
RIP Eotab.
Posted By: waterdawg Re: Eotab... - 02/17/24 08:56 PM
My heart is breaking over this news. RIP
Posted By: 3rd_and_20 Re: Eotab... - 02/17/24 10:06 PM
Very sad. RIP Eotab.
Posted By: lampdogg Re: Eotab... - 02/17/24 10:30 PM
Very sorry to read this. I’ve been reading his decidedly pro-Browns thoughts for many years, a great fan of our team. I don’t know specifics but he put up a heck of a fight for a long time.

RIP, Eotab. You won’t be forgotten on these boards.
Posted By: mac Re: Eotab... - 02/17/24 10:48 PM
EO has been battling health issues for some time...I've been concerned about him as he hasn't been posting much this season.

EO was a great Browns fan and I will miss him.
Posted By: YTownBrownsFan Re: Eotab... - 02/17/24 11:06 PM
God give you rest, my friend. I pray for peace and comfort for your family and friends.
Posted By: archbolddawg Re: Eotab... - 02/17/24 11:11 PM
RIP Eo.
Posted By: jfanent Re: Eotab... - 02/17/24 11:47 PM
He was the greatest of Browns fans. That's what I saw. RIP.
Posted By: Ballpeen Re: Eotab... - 02/18/24 12:08 AM
Sorry to hear that. Eo was the first person to actually reply and talk to me when I first joined the board, many years ago, now nearly 25 or so years.

I talked to him on PMs maybe last June...I gave him my phone number, but he never called.

It just hurts.

RIP Andy. Thanks for being a friend.
Posted By: lampdogg Re: Eotab... - 02/18/24 12:34 AM
Originally Posted by jfanent

That made me get the warm and fuzzies. Beauty post.
Posted By: lampdogg Re: Eotab... - 02/18/24 12:39 AM
Originally Posted by Ballpeen
Sorry to hear that. Eo was the first person to actually reply and talk to me when I first joined the board, many years ago, now nearly 25 or so years.

I talked to him on PMs maybe last June...I gave him my phone number, but he never called.

It just hurts.

RIP Andy. Thanks for being a friend.

More warm and fuzzies.
Posted By: TTTDawg Re: Eotab... - 02/18/24 01:52 AM
Wow!!! I've had more than a few private conversations over the years with him. Football questions.

Seemed like a great guy.

Rest in Peace Mr. Eotab
Posted By: FATE Re: Eotab... - 02/18/24 02:20 AM
Originally Posted by lampdogg
Originally Posted by jfanent

That made me get the warm and fuzzies. Beauty post.

Yep. That one got me. That's what we all saw, Jfan.

And this...

Originally Posted by PitDAWG
He will remain one of the foundational members of Dawg Talkers.

R.I.P. buddy. You were special because you always saw the upside. Every draft, every new season, brought out the childlike optimism. It will be missed.

I'm sorry we lost you before the Lombardi. When that special day comes, we'll be looking up because we know you'll be smiling down. Rest easy, my friend.

Someone in the know -- please let his family know how much he meant to us all. thumbsup
Posted By: PortlandDawg Re: Eotab... - 02/18/24 02:49 AM
One of the OG.
Rest in peace Eotab. You’ll be missed.
Sorry the team couldn’t get you that high of hoisting the Lombardi.
Every year is a championship year in heaven. Enjoy.
Posted By: bbrowns32 Re: Eotab... - 02/18/24 03:57 AM
Originally Posted by FATE
Someone in the know -- please let his family know how much he meant to us all. thumbsup

Taken care of. I posted our condolences on his Facebook page...
Posted By: BADdog Re: Eotab... - 02/18/24 07:39 AM
One if the few people here I have pm ed with . Not often but a few times. So sad always looked forward to his what I saw posts. Always seemed to have level headed views on the browns. Will miss him.
Posted By: GMdawg Re: Eotab... - 02/18/24 10:46 AM
RIP Brother your pain is now over. You fought long and hard and I will miss our talks my friend. frown
Posted By: bonefish Re: Eotab... - 02/18/24 12:33 PM
Tab was one of the very first I communicated with on this site.

We had some great back and forth discussions. Devout Browns fan I am sorry about his passing. I wish the Browns could have gone all the way for him.

Since his illness we exchanged some thoughts on PM's.

He had a tough road to travel.

Rest In Peace Tab.
Posted By: FORTBROWNFAN Re: Eotab... - 02/18/24 02:49 PM
Only knowing Eotab from this site it saddens me. Prayers to his family. I will miss his "What I saw". Does anyone know the source of the name "Eotab"? I have always wondered but it never occurred to me to ask until now.
Posted By: Bard Dawg Re: Eotab... - 02/18/24 03:02 PM
RIP, Eo. Thanks for your concern for us. Peace and be at rest. Prayers for you, comfort and strength to your family.
Posted By: bbrowns32 Re: Eotab... - 02/18/24 06:20 PM
Originally Posted by FORTBROWNFAN
.... the source of the name "Eotab"?

His company was named Eo Trading Co.
Posted By: JulesDawg Re: Eotab... - 02/19/24 01:09 AM
Such sad news. He had a long battle. I had hoped for the Browns to go all the way before he left this earth.

Thanks for sharing your Goldschlager with me at the games, Tab.

RIP Andy.
Posted By: FORTBROWNFAN Re: Eotab... - 02/19/24 01:34 AM
Originally Posted by Bard Dawg
RIP, Eo. Thanks for your concern for us. Peace and be at rest. Prayers for you, comfort and strength to your family.

Thanks. I tried it backwards and even tried to figure out if it was an acronym.
Posted By: northlima dawg Re: Eotab... - 02/19/24 02:47 AM
So very sorry to hear this.
One of the first people I started following on this site.

Sometimes, I thought his recaps of the games were better than the write ups in the paper.

Eo, you will be missed.
Posted By: Damanshot Re: Eotab... - 02/19/24 01:45 PM
I'm so sorry to hear about Eo. He was fun to chat with.

RIP Eo.
Posted By: PrplPplEater Re: Eotab... - 02/19/24 03:40 PM
This is terrible news frown

RIP, eo
Posted By: OldColdDawg Re: Eotab... - 02/19/24 05:56 PM
RIP EOTAB. You fought like hell to see a Browns Super Bowl and you damn sure deserved to see one. I used to love your posts when we came here from the old board. You, toad, and a several other OG Dawgtalkers made this place a great Browns football forum. You will be missed.
Posted By: Frenchy Re: Eotab... - 02/19/24 09:28 PM
RIP Eotab
Posted By: bonefish Re: Eotab... - 02/19/24 09:59 PM
I wonder what happened to Overtoad?

He was the guy that got me going on here way back after they closed the official website Board.

He was a good writer and I enjoyed discussing football with him.
Posted By: DeisleDawg Re: Eotab... - 02/19/24 10:37 PM
Putting these words as though Eotab was writing

What I saw

I saw good respectful and tough Cleveland Browns football in the 70's 80's and 90's

I saw the team (my Team) leave and move elsewhere.

I saw my team return and in the following years

I saw more disappointment heartbreak and losses then I had ever hoped to have seen.

I saw some hope in the last few years and excitement started to happen

These are my words to our friend Eotab

I saw a great Browns fan whose heart was very big for the team he loved

I saw posts from your heart

I saw posts that generally were of the positive side of reflection keeping faith for better results

I saw your feelings and how you expressed them

I saw our friend begin a battle

I saw us support you and wish you the best with hopes of a healthy recovery

I saw a team this past season almost give you that dream you always dreamed

Now I see your loss has many of us with sad hearts, leaving us with many good memories of you.

From my heart ,the hearts of many, and from the hearts of the team you loved so much

Rest in peace my friend, never forgotten

Billy
Posted By: FATE Re: Eotab... - 02/19/24 11:00 PM
Well said, my friend.

We'll have to toast one to Tab at a game next season. It's been a minute, and we aren't getting any younger. 👊
Posted By: DeisleDawg Re: Eotab... - 02/19/24 11:52 PM
Originally Posted by FATE
Well said, my friend.

We'll have to toast one to Tab at a game next season. It's been a minute, and we aren't getting any younger. 👊

Yes we will !

I joined the board back in the day when it was on the Browns home page, then followed it to here where Purp gave us this gift

I have met and made very good friends from this board

Not only enjoying tailgating, sitting together at the stadium

Meeting on a personal side, at a bar to watch a game, invited to a home to enjoy time without watching a game.

I have been blessed to have met so many great people from this board

True friends, people I really enjoyed loving meeting.

I still think about the ones who don't post here anymore or show up tailgating, always wondering how life is treating them.

People come and go in our lives, the people from this board and I mean many many many that I have met in person.

They have all been incredibly great people who have left an impression on me that I will never forget them.

25 years of making friends from a Browns board, something special about that.

I guess that's why I'm not surprised they are still in my memory and a part of a chapter of my life I love dearly !

As far as all of you who stay in touch, Thank you !
Posted By: bbrowns32 Re: Eotab... - 02/20/24 01:24 AM
Thank you Billy, for putting those beautiful thoughts to print. Wonderfully said.....
Posted By: JulesDawg Re: Eotab... - 02/20/24 03:02 AM
That’s true, Billy. While the board has been good in bringing us all together, those of us who have actually met each other and spent time together made the bond stronger, especially in the early days. During the Dawg Talk days, there was a large group of us who got together regularly. That really bonded the board. We could argue and fight like crazy on the board, but we found out we really liked each other in person. I think there were only a couple people out of that large group back then, that I didn’t care to spend time with face to face.

A lot of the newer people here don’t understand the history of this board. Things were really special back in the day, even though the Browns sucked royally, which Tab would never admit! Haha. I’m happy I was around for all of those moments. I’m still happy to be a part of the board, even though I’m not around much.

Glad we got to meet you, Billy!
Posted By: Clemdawg Re: Eotab... - 02/20/24 04:02 AM
Thank you, Eotab.

So many of us have met and befriended because of Your personal relationships with all of us.
You will be missed as deeply as you were embraced in this community. You are truly one of us, always.

Stepping into the back yard, to pour one out for a True DT OG,

clem.
Posted By: Homewood Dog Re: Eotab... - 02/20/24 02:04 PM
Sad news. I knew he was very sick. A true and loyal Browns fan. RIP EO. My sincere condolences to your family.
Posted By: leadtheway Re: Eotab... - 02/20/24 06:43 PM
Man that sucks, I can't remember this board without EO. I know he struggled with health for quite awhile and was always open about it. Seemed like a good guy and was about a good a fan any team could have had rooting for it. Board just got a little quieter. RIP
Posted By: Tackman Re: Eotab... - 02/20/24 07:23 PM
RIP Eotab
Posted By: mgh888 Re: Eotab... - 02/20/24 10:22 PM
Wow thats just the worst news. Rest easy Tab. Everyone will miss you. Everyone has fond memories of your fandom and the individual you showed yourself to be. Its a bitter pill to begin 2024 with.
Posted By: dawglover05 Re: Eotab... - 02/20/24 10:36 PM
I am so sad to hear that. I will always look fondly on my conversations with him in this forum. May he rest in peace.
Posted By: lampdogg Re: Eotab... - 02/20/24 11:04 PM
Just a thought. Should we retire eotab’s “what I saw” thread, or have someone continue it as a way for us to honour him? I think the latter, but I’m only one vote.
Posted By: 10YrOvernightSuccess Re: Eotab... - 02/20/24 11:48 PM
Death of a shining light always puts things in perspective. He was almost always positive, always a good dude. I’ll remember that about him. And isn’t it good to be remembered as such. Raise a glass, long live Andy.
Posted By: BADdog Re: Eotab... - 02/21/24 01:27 AM
Where did the name "Eotab" come from / mean?
Posted By: FATE Re: Eotab... - 02/21/24 02:01 AM
Just a thought. Should we retire eotab’s “what I saw” thread, or have someone continue it as a way for us to honour him? I think the latter, but I’m only one vote.

I think it's a cool idea to continue it.

The first online Browns fan I lost was actually from a rock band message board. He was a Browns fan living in Wyoming. He was much like Eotab, a "foundational member" and well respected. Died tragically at 36.

Every week during the football season he would start a thread... "Week 4 ~ F#&k the Ravens" (or whomever we were playing). After he passed, we continued the tradition for years, and you can still see that same headline pop up from time to time in the sports section there. We also (worldwide) toast him every birthday. Many times band members will even raise a glass.

I think it's a great way to honor him.
Posted By: ScottPlayersFacemask Re: Eotab... - 02/21/24 10:06 AM
RIP Eo

I started reading on the Browns Official site board around 2000. He was one of my favorite members to read. He was super knowledgable and a great fan to have on the board to get us through all those terrible years. Just reading his posts on here, I could tell he was a great guy and great family man.
Posted By: ScottPlayersFacemask Re: Eotab... - 02/21/24 10:34 AM

Just thinking out loud. I could be off base, so those who knew him personally please correct me if i'm wrong. Eo loved that thread, he loved talking football and loved hearing others talk about what they saw from that weeks game. I'm sure he's up there now looking down saying, the hell your not, I want to hear (and those others who didn't get to see the game) what was seen in the game.

I know it might not be easy as some might jump the gun (meaning starting threads), but as a connection (and honor) to him, it could be called "EO's What I saw" or something to that nature. In generalization terms, I know some cheers Ravenkiller when the Browns beat the Ravens. To me, it sounds like a cheers to Eo.

Cheers Eo, you have some legendary Browns players and coaches to discuss the game with up there.
Posted By: bonefish Re: Eotab... - 02/21/24 12:57 PM
It is great to read this because it is like a wake for Tab and Board members tell stories about him.

Tab had this thing about receivers. Him and I used to go round and round about.

He felt you did not need star receivers and that they were a waste of money. All you needed were a group of average receivers and then spread the ball around.

Puts a smile on my face now. I understood what he meant but I was not buying. What was great was we never had a harsh exchange. We discussed football. It was all in good fun.

We would PM each other and go on and on. Different points of view but with respect.

I had to ask him how to change the color to write a post because it was easier for me to read yellow instead of orange. Tab and I were the only guys that used yellow to write a post.

He went through hell as he was fighting for his life. I wanted the Browns to win so badly this year because I knew he was on a short fuse.

Tab will be missed. He was a loyal true fan.

Posted By: dawglover05 Re: Eotab... - 02/21/24 02:00 PM
Tab was always a good guy and very upbeat about the Browns. I joined this board in 2004, when I was only 21 years old. I joined right after Butch Davis' last game, in Cincy, that I went to. Tabber and Peen were the first two people that I gravitated to on this board and spent time chatting and sharing thoughts with. Been on DawgTalk ever since.

He was very knowledgeable about the game. Had great especially great insight on OL techniques. I remember he was a big fan of Zukauskas way back in the day.

I'm sure I will come up with other memories, but he will be missed.
Posted By: bonefish Re: Eotab... - 02/21/24 02:20 PM
Offensive line was his thing. He coached the position.

OL guys are a clan. They see the game a certain way.

His views always came with that frame of reference.
Posted By: FATE Re: Eotab... - 02/21/24 02:24 PM
I didn't realize he only posted one "What I Saw" this season.

Here's a nice throwback from the home opener in '22 when we beat Baker's Panthers 26-24...

Originally Posted by eotab
So back in 2004 my last game viewing at Cleveland. Opener beautiful sunny day, Me, my wife and youngest son were guest of Paul Zuk we were about 10 rows up at one of the endzone (opposite of the pound) Garcia was our QB Winslow our star rookie prior to the rocket incident. We beat the Ravens in the opener little did we know it would be 18 years before we won another opener. WE FINALLY DID IT.

Baker, its tough cause I loved Baker and what he did for the Browns how am I going to react??? Well by the 2nd qtr I'm yelling at the TV...HIT HIM HARD AND OFTEN come on D. I was over it not via words but by heart. Baker is not a Brown. He was very rusty and lets face it the PANTHERS Suck. Our D was attacking him every throw and the great McCaffery couldn't get more than a couple of yards. So we were able to pin our ears back and get him. Clowney statistically did nothing but there he was protecting the right boot leg and blocking at least 4 passes!. Our D was not just good it was AWESOME. Then came the 4th quarter and I don't know what happened, we thought we had the game one and relaxed. Baker stopped the stoopid Macadoo dink and dunk game and let loose with some long passes. Soon we had Baker running in for a Touchdown...ok our no TD edge was gone. Baker got the ball back and they sent their speedy WR deep and there was a complete lapse of coverage....bang soom a 75 yard bomb dropped perfectly into Anderson's arms, Oh know this can't be.

So now we had JB who was doing what he was suppose to do, NOT LOSE THE GAME. We were in complete control the entire game and then Baker woke up and put up 17 points in the 4th. Jocoby is and was not accurate. He did have a thing going with DPJ on some low throws that he somehow grabbed. He did not use the TE's like I thought he would. Finally Schwartz's confidence came alive and he became a factor. So there we were lined up for a 58 yard FG by our rookie Sargent York the most decorated WWI soldier and he did not let us down. a beautiful High kick starting just outside of the right goal post and slowing came hooking into the middle wit about 15 yards to spare. HERO!!! 4 FG in the game all perfect. Plus extra points. the kid could end up being our MVP cause without a QB we will have to depend on FGs and an awesome D!

Chubb and Hunt were both amazing without a doubt the best 1-2 punch in the NFL.

Sorry things are hurting and I got to go to bed. Love my Browns love my fellow fans. was watching on Youtube some Browns stuff and some of these guys suck. Stop with the Baker bashing. He no longer is a Brown and is the property of Panthers and their fans.

What the heck was SKI thinking there it was seconds before the half and we had 4th and goal from the 8 yard line and he is lining up to go for it. I'm like yelling NO NO this is not the time to go for it. Thank goodness their coach is dummer than ours and they call a time out....smh thank goodness it gave SKI time to come to his senses and we kicked the chippy FG. which turned out to be big time!!!

Any ways tell us what you saw - not all were able to watch so share your thoughts and vision of what you saw, I left a lot out there. Please don't make it all about Baker thank you, I apologize and don't mean to be a hypocrite as I wrote about Baker myself.

ENJOY!!!

Oh of course there I was with my Wife and youngest son watching the game like our last opener with a win!
Posted By: FATE Re: Eotab... - 02/21/24 02:27 PM
rofl And I can't count the times I've read this over the years:

Originally Posted by eotab
Well by the 2nd qtr I'm yelling at the TV...
Posted By: bbrowns32 Re: Eotab... - 02/23/24 03:29 PM
j/c

A lot of great Eotab memories being posted here. Many thanks to al who read and also contributed to this thread.....
Posted By: OldColdDawg Re: Eotab... - 02/23/24 08:15 PM
I’m shocked this thread isn’t pages deep tbh. EO was literally a part of making this place what it used to be pre-divides. And his regular post game posts were a fixture most looked forward too. This past year I saw a few newer posters giving EO the what for and going around with him, but that was never who I knew him to be, although we only talked on here. Don’t take me wrong, I am happy this many took the time to say a few words honoring his memory and time devoted to this place. I just thought there’d be more. IMO, aside from Purp, I’d have ranked EO in the top 10 well liked DT’ers, a true fan, and one of the more popular posters on the board. At least I know I won’t be the only one that misses his presence.
Posted By: hitt Re: Eotab... - 02/23/24 08:43 PM
RIP, EO......we all will meet his fate- be ready. Peace to him and all.
Posted By: DeisleDawg Re: Eotab... - 02/23/24 09:59 PM
Originally Posted by OldColdDawg
I’m shocked this thread isn’t pages deep tbh.

As many members as there are on this board, there are those few who keep posting.

And there are those who drop in once in a while.

The football season is over, not much football to talk about right now.

That mostly means most won't stop in.

Kind of like fishing season, snow skiing season, baseball and basketball season.

Not much to talk about to keep your interests in checking in if it's out of season.

It's not really about how many posts this thread will get.

It's about the posts that it does get and the feelings from those.

It's all good, It's about him being in another place. Not how many posts he gets for not being in this place.

He's in your heart and others, that's really what's special.
Posted By: PitDAWG Re: Eotab... - 02/23/24 10:02 PM
Well said my friend.
Posted By: lampdogg Re: Eotab... - 02/23/24 10:23 PM
Nice post deisel. Like I once said at a funeral when someone quietly remarked that there weren’t many people there. “The only ones who matter are the ones who showed up.”
Posted By: Iluvmyxstripper Re: Eotab... - 02/24/24 01:27 PM
Years and years ago I used to IM Eotab on America Online
Alot of those conversations centered around talking
About the world.....his Greek heritage. Very intelligent fellow.
His football takes were interesting and colorful.
At times he came off ultra sensitive of outsiders opinions
Of the Browns. And of course if you disagreed with Eotab
Another side of him came out.
Let's hope his ascension to the other side was a peaceful one
Posted By: jaybird Re: Eotab... - 02/25/24 04:52 PM
horrible news... so sorry to hear...
Posted By: tastybrownies Re: Eotab... - 03/02/24 04:00 PM
RIP Eotab....I remember one of the first things I saw when I joined was Eotab's "What I saw."
Posted By: Pdawg Re: Eotab... - 03/13/24 06:13 PM
RIP Eo
Posted By: sk8termom Re: Eotab... - 03/16/24 10:20 PM
I am so sorry to hear about Eotab. My condolences to his family at this awful time.
Posted By: captainphil Re: Eotab... - 03/17/24 12:47 PM
Eotab's 'what I saw' threads were a staple on the board for years... rip eotab
Posted By: Jester Re: Eotab... - 04/02/24 08:39 PM
Loved Eo being part of this community
© DawgTalkers.net