DawgTalkers.net
Posted By: Dawgs4Life Other Games - 11/14/18 03:03 PM
Rams/Chiefs ... big one
Eagles/Saints ... fun one too
Posted By: PastorMarc Re: Other Games - 11/14/18 03:10 PM
No Countdown this week frown
Posted By: PortlandDawg Re: Other Games - 11/14/18 03:11 PM
Chiefs fans aren’t happy about the Mexico City game being moved to LA.
That farm field they call a soccer pitch down there is trashed. KC’s players should count themselves lucky that they aren’t being asked to risk their ACLs.
Posted By: DiamDawg Re: Other Games - 11/14/18 03:14 PM
Some of the players were threatening to boycott the game and not go ...

The wierd thing ... it seems every game in mexico or England is played on a slippery butt filed ... seems like players are sipping all over the place every out of country game ...
Posted By: cfrs15 Re: Other Games - 11/14/18 03:19 PM
The Rams are donating a ton of the tickets to families affected by the recent fires.
Posted By: Dawgs4Life Re: Other Games - 11/14/18 03:32 PM
Originally Posted By: PastorMarc
yeah, it's a long one!!
Posted By: FATE Re: Other Games - 11/14/18 05:18 PM

Sure there is... 264 hours 45 minutes. wink
Posted By: Dawgs4Life Re: Other Games - 11/14/18 05:40 PM
that seems so long
Posted By: devicedawg Re: Other Games - 11/14/18 07:26 PM
Originally Posted By: FATE

Sure there is... 264 hours 45 minutes. wink

And perhaps with a little turkey at the 180 hr mark... for most of us I presume anyway…
Posted By: mgh888 Re: Other Games - 11/16/18 01:36 AM
TNF --- I tell you what, it chaps my arse when they shower Holmgren with so much praise. . . Funny how they never mention his part time stint at Cleveland. flamingmad
Posted By: Rishuz Re: Other Games - 11/16/18 01:40 AM
Was thinking the same thing.

Guy committed grand larceny in Cleveland.
Posted By: mgh888 Re: Other Games - 11/16/18 01:43 AM
I wonder if anyone else in NFL circles appreciates what a douche he was when he came here?
Posted By: cfrs15 Re: Other Games - 11/16/18 04:12 AM
Green Bay should have gone for it on fourth down.
Posted By: PrplPplEater Re: Other Games - 11/16/18 04:17 AM
Yup.
They conceded the game when they punted.
Posted By: Punchsmack Re: Other Games - 11/16/18 04:22 AM
Originally Posted By: PrplPplEater
Yup.

...and when McCarthy didn’t challenge that catch, which was incomplete. It’s not like the team didn’t have enough time to look at it either.

Man, I DO NOT WANT Mike McCarthy as our next coach. Fans in GB can’t stand him.
Posted By: cfrs15 Re: Other Games - 11/16/18 04:23 AM
Originally Posted By: PrplPplEater
Yup.

When people say they want Mike McCarthy as the new head coach I’ll point to this game as the reason I don’t. He had the best QB ever and he punts when he needs two yards.
Posted By: Swish Re: Other Games - 11/16/18 04:42 AM
Anybody wanna take a guess as to what wilson’s record vs Rodgers is?

Very nice rivalry
Posted By: myka Re: Other Games - 11/16/18 07:57 AM
Originally Posted By: Swish
Anybody wanna take a guess as to what wilson’s record vs Rodgers is?

Very nice rivalry

Hrm, I'll hazard a guess...

Wilson has been in the league 8 years, they aren't in same division so I'll guess they played 7 times in those 8 years.

Out of those 6 who can forget the "fail mary" that gave a win to Wilson.

Then those 2 years where the Legion of Boom was one of the most dominant secondaries in league history.

Add to that today's game. That's 4 for Wilson.

So I'll go 4-3 advantage Wilson

Edit: Just remembered there was the year Rodgers was hurt, so I'll change to 3-3
Posted By: Dawgs4Life Re: Other Games - 11/16/18 09:05 AM
Just say no to McCarthy. Green Bay has literally wasted the best QB in NFL history
Posted By: Ballpeen Re: Other Games - 11/16/18 11:39 AM
Kind of like we wasted having Joe Thomas
Posted By: Dawgs4Life Re: Other Games - 11/16/18 12:45 PM
yep, but multiply it by 100 if it's a franchise (generational) type QB
Posted By: drobs Re: Other Games - 11/16/18 01:45 PM
You need a more aggressive HC when you have a QB like Rodgers. The positive chain reactions of making things like 4th downs would be immeasurable.
Posted By: Dawgs4Life Re: Other Games - 11/16/18 02:11 PM
Yeah, I thought that was a mistake to punt
Posted By: eotab Re: Other Games - 11/16/18 03:16 PM
Originally Posted By: mgh888
TNF --- I tell you what, it chaps my arse when they shower Holmgren with so much praise. . . Funny how they never mention his part time stint at Cleveland. flamingmad

I know we hate him cause he did pretty much rob our owner. Talk about "Theives" lol laugh

But in his day - he was a "GREAT" QB coach and learned from one of the best but came to the NFL FROM COLLEGE... ahem...

And then in his Book, The Packer WAY, Wolf described Holmgren as a Super Star HC. Which he was and look what he did with Seattle after he left Green Bay. with a 6th??? round pick QB.

Its a shame he came to us Semi-retired. I was so so excited to have a man of his Football background come here to bring us out of Purgatory. Shame his heart just was not in it. He took a working vacation.

As much as I disliked his stint with us. He was a Great football mind.

jmho
Posted By: eotab Re: Other Games - 11/16/18 03:20 PM
Oh game last night, was very disappointed in the play of Aaron Rodgers - he had some wide open WRs that he simply passed over and then tried to make something out of nothing Home Run plays.

Several times I saw sure first downs with a swing pass to a wide open RB mostly Jones. and he simple by passed that EARLY option looking for the home run down field.

Several times the rookie WR and he were not on the same page. Green Bay should have easily won that game. Good to see Rodgers knee looking better but he missed the boat last night.

jmho
Posted By: Dawgs4Life Re: Other Games - 11/16/18 03:29 PM
Yeah, I found it odd that he went so "boom or bust" all night ... WRs seemed open
Posted By: DiamDawg Re: Other Games - 11/16/18 05:08 PM
He came from college ... rolleyes

Thats very device like ... rofl ...

I’m not sure how u figure he came from college .,, but he cut his teeth with a fella named BILL WALSH in the NFL ... he spent 5 years with the niners BEFORE GETTING AN NFL HC GIG ... yet u want to make the case that makes him a dude from college like your boy Riley ... thats BS bro and u know it ...

The Walrus came from college ... thats just WRONG BRO ... very very very device like ... thumbsdown ...
Posted By: Tulsa Re: Other Games - 11/16/18 07:12 PM
He coached in college before the NFL.

San Francisco State University (1981) - Offensive coordinator & quarterbacks coach
Brigham Young (1982–1985) - Quarterbacks coach
Posted By: DiamDawg Re: Other Games - 11/17/18 12:36 AM
I’m well aware of that dawg ...

We were talking about HC’s coming from college to the pro’s directly ... not having college 6 years in the rear view mirror .. he spent 5 or 6 years in the nfl before becoming a HC .. he didn’t come from college .. thats where he started .. not came from ...

Guess Pederson’s a HS guy then .. think he went right from HS to an NFL staff ..

Naaa ... framing it the way tabber did is the same BS device pulled on me when discussing O’Brien/Dabo talking about Watson ... that was BS also ...

thumbsdown ...
Posted By: Tulsa Re: Other Games - 11/17/18 01:14 AM
Tab said he came to the NFL from a college background, and that is exactly what he did.

It’s not refutable. His history is what it is.

If you want to argue it differently, you should frame the original eye roll differently.

This is on you, not Tab.

Edit for ridiculous emoji...

thumbsdown
Posted By: DiamDawg Re: Other Games - 11/17/18 05:05 AM
And if u don’t undertand a discussion u oughta stay the heck out of it ...

Actually, what part of we were talking about COMING DIRECTLY FROM COLLEGE TO THE NFL are u having trouble comprehending ...

His remark was in reference to Riley making the FALSE COMPARISON to the Walrus ...

U wanna stick up for the BS .. go ahead ... its your world I’m just posting in it ... thumbsup

I don’t care to play this game down this particualr rabbit hole ... will do no one any good .... u get the last word .. make it a good one dawg ... thumbsup

Posted By: eotab Re: Other Games - 11/17/18 02:27 PM
Originally Posted By: DiamDawg
He came from college ... rolleyes

Thats very device like ... rofl ...

I’m not sure how u figure he came from college .,, but he cut his teeth with a fella named BILL WALSH in the NFL ... he spent 5 years with the niners BEFORE GETTING AN NFL HC GIG ... yet u want to make the case that makes him a dude from college like your boy Riley ... thats BS bro and u know it ...

The Walrus came from college ... thats just WRONG BRO ... very very very device like ... thumbsdown ...

Duh...really he learned from Bill Walsh.. shocked what a revelation.

he was a "GREAT" QB coach and learned from one of the best

Do you read what I post or do you just go and try to insult me because I wrote something that didn't go over with you. I know you are the smartest guy in the room rolleyes Actually if I recollect and I could be wrong something I guess you don't admit. But did he actually come from HIGH SCHOOL? to Bill Walsh???

As for Lincoln Riley. Again I know you are the smartest guy in the room and because you made the ASSumption that a College HC cannot make the transition to the NFL.

No, I don't think that statement about Holmgren makes Lincoln a great candidate. Here I will spell this out for you cause I know you are very intelligent but just in case.

Lincoln Riley is a great candidate in "MY EYES" for several reasons.

This is a new era of football. For whatever reasons it just is, but then you know this already. rolleyes

This is the first time in the history well history when they weren't wearing leather helmets. That the NFL is actually modifying their OFFENSES to be similar to that of some College offenses of this day and age. FIRST TIME NFL IS DOING SO.

So a smart guy like you can just throw your college coach history out the window cause that is OLD HISTORY...it doesn't conform to this new ERA.

Even us - we are trying to bring in plays from Lincoln Riley's play book for Mayfield. HUH but he's a college coach and these are college plays? But then you knew that already.

I am going on the presumption that we are building this team around Mayfield - but then why tell you that, you know that already.

Now when Mayfield is in a crucial situation who does he call? He has been on record of speaking to his OLD COLLEGE COACH for some advise. Huh? Oh but you knew that already.

Lincoln Riley is being touted as one of the brightest offensive minds in College football history...in an new ERA that NFL teams are trying to implement his playbook into NFL terms.

I've stated many times that the Great mind...similar to yours rolleyes Ron Wolf has stated that in order to build
A Championship Team
An NFL DYNASTY
you need two things.
1. A GREAT QB check...I think we are close to confirming this.
2. A GREAT HC in search of this:

You tell me what "GREAT" candidates are out there? From anywhere.

There is ONE GUY that actually is being classified in that GENIUS MOLD. No he isn't coming up as a QB coach in the NFL and then working up the Bias ranks of OC and then getting a shot as a HC. Them days are OLD HISTORY...but then you have distinctly separated the fast growing current GAME of the NFL.

That it isn't done in the same protocol of 30 years ago.

If we don't stick with Continuity of Williams at HC and Kitchens at OC which I've been on record on liking...or even a Continuity of Arians coming out of retirement and giving Williams carte Blanche on Defense and keeping Kitchens at OC. which I've been on record on liking.

IF we go a different direction: Not that I want a total REBOOT. But for me it would be from a guy out there that is being TOUTED as a Football Genius.

Forget the fact he is in college...I'm talking about the fact that he is being touted as a FOOTBALL genius and we are coming into a NEW ERA of NFL football where we are looking to transition HIS OFFENSIVE Theories into the NFL.

So my boy Riley is in my eyes a "great" candidate.

Now in typical inferior fashion out of ignorance...you cannot come straight at me and tell me how I'm wrong. What you got to do is SPIN vai BS some yarn about WHAT I THINK AND MEAN as I made a simple statement regardless if its accurate (which I don't know or not) but to you - you read that and ITS some aha moment for you to disprove my entire thought process on Lincoln Riley so you can take a small thumbnail of something I stated and blow it totally out of proportion and in you Smarter than everyone case makes my entire notion of Lincoln Riley being a good candidate for a HC to move us in the direction we wish to go.

Note I have done so with not stating that is the only possible direction we can go at. But ONE OF. And yes, he is probably the best candidate that I can see out there that would fall under the category of "GREAT"

What is worse is that this is something that should be discussed in the HC candidate thread and not in "OTHER GAMES" but then again being the smartest guy in the room you knew that already... rolleyes

How's them apples...
Posted By: sk8termom Re: Other Games - 11/17/18 02:37 PM
I think the Steelers/Jaguars game is going to be very close with the Steelers pulling out a revenge win.. Steelers are missing Tuitt, who is a huge factor in stopping the run. Fournette is a good running back for them. Steelers OL is very good, so hopefully they can protect Ben vs. the Jags D. Should be interesting.
Posted By: PortlandDawg Re: Other Games - 11/17/18 02:47 PM
Originally Posted By: sk8termom
I think the Steelers/Jaguars game is going to be very close with the Steelers pulling out a revenge win.. Steelers are missing Tuitt, who is a huge factor in stopping the run. Fournette is a good running back for them. Steelers OL is very good, so hopefully they can protect Ben vs. the Jags D. Should be interesting.

Hopefully the earth opens up under the Steelers’ sideline and swallows the team whole.
Short of that happening I hope the Jags pull off the upset.
smile
Posted By: PitDAWG Re: Other Games - 11/17/18 03:50 PM
Those sound like the exact same apples that were used in the pie people tried to feed us about Chip Kelly only some years back. And we all saw how that worked out.
Posted By: CapCity Dawg Re: Other Games - 11/18/18 01:12 AM
Originally Posted By: PitDAWG
Those sound like the exact same apples that were used in the pie people tried to feed us about Chip Kelly only some years back. And we all saw how that worked out.

Chip Kelly is a genius who was going to own and revolutionize the NFL. Are you saying that didn't happen?
Posted By: DiamDawg Re: Other Games - 11/18/18 02:42 AM
*L* ... no clue how dem apples are ... read about 4 lines and had read enough ...

U know what u did ... not wasting time reading your BS about it and have ZERO DESIRE to continue down this path ...

Go fight with someone else ... it seems to be your new favorite past time ... thumbsdown

Not why i’m here ...
Posted By: DiamDawg Re: Other Games - 11/18/18 02:45 AM

Had Chip completed a 3rd year as a HC AT ANY LEVEL before being elevated to the BEST CANDIDATE EVER ... just curious ...

i mean Riley’s ALMOST DONE WITH HIS SECOND YEAR as a HC at any level .... YA, that sounds qualified when combined with his only experience in an nfl stadium is as a fan ... rofl
Posted By: DiamDawg Re: Other Games - 11/18/18 02:49 AM
He’s still young bro ... next time ... wink
Posted By: eotab Re: Other Games - 11/18/18 02:47 PM

You didn't read a word I wrote...smh rolleyes

Either that or you just have reading comprehension problems. I just explained why its not the same as the Chip Kelly references...man you guys just don't get it. Ya figure you learned your lesson in all the Mayfield is just like Johnny Manziel references.

Riley does not equal Kelly.

4-5 NFL HC came to Oklahoma in the off season to try and learn what they could about his OFFENSE.

You really are that thick that you don't comprehend the difference. This is a new era unlike that of Chip Kelly years.

They already are trying to implement his Offense. Unlike Chip Kelly where nobody was looking to copy that offense into the NFL system.

Yes, Riley is just like Chip Kelly if you truly think Mayfield is just like Johnny Manziel.

Again, hows them apples...just spewing gobbledy gook and then stating that you are the smartest guy in the room, guess there are two of you...lol laugh just don't cut it. You actually have to be correct in your ASSumptions. It ain't fact cause you say so.

smh..you guys never learn.
Posted By: EveDawg Re: Other Games - 11/18/18 05:10 PM
I'm going to bar to watch the Cincy game.
I will wear my new Baker jersey.
And cackle at the Falcons fans.

Cackle
Cackle
Cackle

No I won't, I'm a nice person. Falcons fans are decent people.

Now if it was the Yinzers.....
Posted By: PastorMarc Re: Other Games - 11/18/18 06:03 PM
I will watch the Ravens Bengals then head south to preach in another Church tonight smile
Posted By: PastorMarc Re: Other Games - 11/18/18 06:05 PM
3 and out for Bengals
Posted By: PastorMarc Re: Other Games - 11/18/18 06:06 PM
Lamar Jackson how long will he last ???
Posted By: leadtheway Re: Other Games - 11/18/18 06:11 PM
Cincy defense is absurdly bad
Posted By: PastorMarc Re: Other Games - 11/18/18 06:11 PM
Jackson better learn to slide or he will go the way of RGIII tsktsk
Posted By: PastorMarc Re: Other Games - 11/18/18 06:14 PM
Terrible pursuit by Cincinnati
Posted By: leadtheway Re: Other Games - 11/18/18 06:14 PM
Right down the field without a single pass. Maybe we should bring back cribbs for one game
Posted By: PastorMarc Re: Other Games - 11/18/18 06:19 PM
They are afraid to let Jackson throw ...
Posted By: leadtheway Re: Other Games - 11/18/18 06:21 PM
Man dalton is garbage..I love it
Posted By: PastorMarc Re: Other Games - 11/18/18 06:25 PM
Me too ...
Posted By: PastorMarc Re: Other Games - 11/18/18 06:26 PM
looks like we are the only ones here today smile
Posted By: EveDawg Re: Other Games - 11/18/18 06:26 PM
I am missing something. What happened to Flacco?
Posted By: PastorMarc Re: Other Games - 11/18/18 06:27 PM
Originally Posted By: EveDawg

Injured I guess superconfused
Posted By: PastorMarc Re: Other Games - 11/18/18 06:29 PM
Jackson should move to RB or WR tongue
Posted By: jfanent Re: Other Games - 11/18/18 06:35 PM

The only throw I've seen him make should have been picked off.
Posted By: PastorMarc Re: Other Games - 11/18/18 06:36 PM
He hit one Dump off to his TE ..
Posted By: archbolddawg Re: Other Games - 11/18/18 06:36 PM

Some hip injury I guess.
Posted By: PastorMarc Re: Other Games - 11/18/18 07:49 PM
Jackson will cost Baltimore a win today ... JMHO
Posted By: GratefulDawg Re: Other Games - 11/18/18 07:58 PM
Posted By: leadtheway Re: Other Games - 11/18/18 07:59 PM
Must be second half and Pittsburgh losing, refs just checked in
Posted By: cfrs15 Re: Other Games - 11/18/18 08:03 PM
Smith’s leg snapped in half.
Posted By: GratefulDawg Re: Other Games - 11/18/18 08:03 PM
Posted By: leadtheway Re: Other Games - 11/18/18 08:07 PM
Yep career over for smith
Posted By: GratefulDawg Re: Other Games - 11/18/18 08:07 PM
Originally Posted By: jfanent

The only throw I've seen him make should have been picked off.

Posted By: ThomasE Re: Other Games - 11/18/18 08:09 PM
mccoy in throws 9-yard td pass
Posted By: PastorMarc Re: Other Games - 11/18/18 08:13 PM
I love Nick Chubb and wouldn't trade him for anyone but are you watching Zeke wow ...
Posted By: Tulsa Re: Other Games - 11/18/18 08:23 PM
Originally Posted By: GratefulDawg

It really did too. It was gruesome.
Posted By: Swish Re: Other Games - 11/18/18 08:42 PM
LAMAR JACKSON
Posted By: Swish Re: Other Games - 11/18/18 08:49 PM
cowboys keeping their playoff hopes alive with a FG to win against the falcons.
Posted By: PastorMarc Re: Other Games - 11/18/18 08:51 PM
LAMAR JACKSON

Ran out of bounds helping Bengals tsktsk
Posted By: Swish Re: Other Games - 11/18/18 08:53 PM
LAMAR JACKSON

its his first start.
Posted By: Swish Re: Other Games - 11/18/18 08:57 PM
Cam with a bad miss on a 2 point try to win the game.
Posted By: leadtheway Re: Other Games - 11/18/18 09:01 PM
Man Jacksonville coaching is just horrible. They handed this game to pitt
Posted By: ThomasE Re: Other Games - 11/18/18 09:03 PM
jags are laying down for the stoolers
Posted By: Swish Re: Other Games - 11/18/18 09:03 PM
i still can't believe we lost to the damn Bucs
Posted By: leadtheway Re: Other Games - 11/18/18 09:05 PM
Cincy just lost to a rb playing qb. We should wipe the floor with them
Posted By: leadtheway Re: Other Games - 11/18/18 09:06 PM
Pitt just won because jacksonvill are a bunch of pansies
Posted By: leadtheway Re: Other Games - 11/18/18 09:07 PM
Ben lost it and the refs said wait a minute how can we make this in Pitt favor
Posted By: Dave Re: Other Games - 11/18/18 09:08 PM
I don't know who's worse, the Jag's coach or Bortles. They did the same thing at the close of the half, went into a shell offensively and gave Pitt 2 extra possessions.
Posted By: leadtheway Re: Other Games - 11/18/18 09:09 PM
Originally Posted By: Dave
I don't know who's worse, the Jag's coach or Bortles. They did the same thing at the close of the half, went into a shell offensively and gave Pitt 2 extra possessions.

They both suck
Posted By: Dave Re: Other Games - 11/18/18 09:10 PM
Time for the Steelers pick play.
Posted By: Swish Re: Other Games - 11/18/18 09:10 PM
lamar jackson, 13/19, 150 yards, 1 pick, 68% passing.

27 carries, 117 yards. yea, when people said this dude could be the next Vick, they wasnt playing. and this is his first start.
Posted By: leadtheway Re: Other Games - 11/18/18 09:10 PM
This is the kind of game where you say we need a coach and a qb
Posted By: PastorMarc Re: Other Games - 11/18/18 09:11 PM
Pittsburgh UGGGG
Posted By: Dave Re: Other Games - 11/18/18 09:11 PM
So annoying.
Posted By: leadtheway Re: Other Games - 11/18/18 09:12 PM
Only Ben could throw 3 picks and still win
Posted By: FL_Dawg Re: Other Games - 11/18/18 09:13 PM
LAMAR JACKSON

its his first start.

I thought he had a good 1st game ... He helped produce a win.

I don't think that they want to make a living with that amount of rush attempts.

Yikes!
Posted By: cfrs15 Re: Other Games - 11/18/18 09:14 PM
Originally Posted By: Dave

Marrone lives in fear of Bortles losing games.
Posted By: cfrs15 Re: Other Games - 11/18/18 09:14 PM
Originally Posted By: leadtheway

Or five and tie.
Posted By: Swish Re: Other Games - 11/18/18 09:18 PM
Originally Posted By: FL_Dawg
LAMAR JACKSON

its his first start.

I thought he had a good 1st game ... He helped produce a win.

I don't think that they want to make a living with that amount of rush attempts.

Yikes!

i agree. he still has a ways to go when it comes to passing. but 13/19 aint bad for your first start, and the ravens put up 267 yards on the ground. thats huge
Posted By: Steubenvillian Re: Other Games - 11/18/18 09:21 PM
Lamar Jackson sucks, I don't care what anybody says. If he couldn't run he would be nothing. Cinci's defense can't stop the run. Chubb will have a huge day. Jackson would never last the season running as much as he did. Against a good defense he would have done nothing.

That being said, both are 5-5, that puts us closer in the standings. Too bad Jacksonville folded, or the division would have been wide open again.
Posted By: CalDawg Re: Other Games - 11/18/18 09:21 PM
Luckiest team in football.
Posted By: Swish Re: Other Games - 11/18/18 09:24 PM
Originally Posted By: Steubenvillian
Lamar Jackson sucks, I don't care what anybody says. If he couldn't run he would be nothing. Cinci's defense can't stop the run. Chubb will have a huge day. Jackson would never last the season running as much as he did. Against a good defense he would have done nothing.

That being said, both are 5-5, that puts us closer in the standings. Too bad Jacksonville folded, or the division would have been wide open again.

people are gonna learn to stop talking in absolutes. people said the same thing about Vick running, yet he stayed relatively healthy in his career, especially compared to some pocket passers.
Posted By: Tulsa Re: Other Games - 11/18/18 09:26 PM
Rosen just tossed a beauty to fitz for a TD.
Posted By: Swish Re: Other Games - 11/18/18 09:27 PM
i hope the cardinals do Rosen right. dude has too much talent
Posted By: leadtheway Re: Other Games - 11/18/18 09:28 PM
Difference is Vick was accurate. Biggest knock on Lamar is he’s erratic. We will see but running him 30 times a game won’t be good. If he can become a viable passer it could be interesting
Posted By: leadtheway Re: Other Games - 11/18/18 09:29 PM
Man I hate so much that we gave this trash team in Oakland their only win they will have
Posted By: Swish Re: Other Games - 11/18/18 09:29 PM
Difference is Vick was accurate. Biggest knock on Lamar is he’s erratic. We will see but running him 30 times a game won’t be good. If he can become a viable passer it could be interesting

68% in his first game starting. let the guy get some games in jeez
Posted By: GratefulDawg Re: Other Games - 11/18/18 09:31 PM
Posted By: leadtheway Re: Other Games - 11/18/18 09:32 PM

Against the worst defense in the nfl? Not impressed. Like I said for me it’s a wait and see. I don’t think his future is a qb. Rg3 looked pretty good his rookie year too
Posted By: cfrs15 Re: Other Games - 11/18/18 09:33 PM
Man I hate so much that we gave this trash team in Oakland their only win they will have

And the Bucs too.
Posted By: CalDawg Re: Other Games - 11/18/18 09:33 PM
Spooky.
Posted By: Swish Re: Other Games - 11/18/18 09:44 PM

Against the worst defense in the nfl? Not impressed. Like I said for me it’s a wait and see. I don’t think his future is a qb. Rg3 looked pretty good his rookie year too

well we lost against (at the time) the worst defense in the nfl in the bucs. and (at the time) the worst defense in the nfl against the raiders.

a win is a win.
Posted By: EveDawg Re: Other Games - 11/18/18 09:47 PM
Falcons fans gave us no respect today.

"Baker Mayfield who? He played in a handful of games. Means nothing"

Cmon man. We destroyed you. Sore losers.
Posted By: Swish Re: Other Games - 11/18/18 09:49 PM
Falcons fans gave us no respect today.

"Baker Mayfield who? He played in a handful of games. Means nothing"

Cmon man. We destroyed you. Sore losers.

haven't we beaten the falcons more times than we've lost since 99?

just off the top of my head, we beat them to get into the playoffs in 2002. we beat them with Hoyer in the dome, and we beat them last week.
Posted By: Dawgs4Life Re: Other Games - 11/18/18 09:50 PM
Steelers always find a way, at least it seems
Posted By: Psydeffect Re: Other Games - 11/18/18 09:51 PM
I wouldn't sweat it, Atlanta fans are a joke. One of the bigger bandwagon jumping cities in all of a sports.
Posted By: YTownBrownsFan Re: Other Games - 11/18/18 09:52 PM

We didn't give them the win, the officials did.
Posted By: Steubenvillian Re: Other Games - 11/18/18 09:55 PM

well we lost against (at the time) the worst defense in the nfl in the bucs. and (at the time) the worst defense in the nfl against the raiders.

a win is a win.

I watched the game, he is lucky not to have more picks. Also I don't think he threw a ball over 10 yards. The guy is a running back playing QB. If a good defense spies him, he will do nothing.
Posted By: Dave Re: Other Games - 11/18/18 10:03 PM
In Washington DC today, our Lil' Colt McCoy came in for injured Alex Smith and threw a TD pass. They grow up so fast ...
Posted By: Dave Re: Other Games - 11/18/18 10:17 PM
I'm getting annoyed watching the Saints vs Eagles. Brees is throwing to everyone except Michael Thomas, who just happens to be my bellcow fantasy player. 1 catch for 30 yards, 4 points - YOU STINK BREES!
Posted By: mgh888 Re: Other Games - 11/18/18 11:24 PM
Watching Lee punt for the Raiders, bringing back memories of the trade. 😛 🙊
Posted By: Psydeffect Re: Other Games - 11/18/18 11:29 PM
Can't say I miss him, Colquitt has been pretty awesome.
Posted By: Dawgs4Life Re: Other Games - 11/18/18 11:50 PM
Broncos are pretty tough
Posted By: Tulsa Re: Other Games - 11/18/18 11:56 PM
The Saints leading 38 - 7 over the Eagles, 4th and 7, go for it and toss it 38 yards for a TD. Brutal.
Posted By: Swish Re: Other Games - 11/18/18 11:56 PM
Yea, this is a massacre.
Posted By: Dawgs4Life Re: Other Games - 11/19/18 12:08 AM
saints, rams, chiefs, steelers are the class IMO
Posted By: Dawgs4Life Re: Other Games - 11/19/18 12:08 AM
chargers gonna charger
Posted By: Homewood Dog Re: Other Games - 11/19/18 12:16 AM
Agreed. To me the Chargers are still the Chargers. They played 2 good teams so far and lost to both of them. They seem to get hyped every year and then flame out. I expect the same this year.
Posted By: Dawgs4Life Re: Other Games - 11/19/18 12:18 AM
So, it looks like:

Kansas City
Pittsburgh
New England
Houston

Pretty much have that locked up?
Posted By: cfrs15 Re: Other Games - 11/19/18 12:49 AM
Originally Posted By: Dawgs4Life
So, it looks like:

Kansas City
Pittsburgh
New England
Houston

Chargers with the fifth seed.
Posted By: Hammer Re: Other Games - 11/19/18 01:25 AM
So glad we have Mayfield over any of those other 1st round QBs.
Posted By: DiamDawg Re: Other Games - 11/19/18 01:38 AM
Harrison Smith is the most underrated player in the game ... he may also be the best safety in the game ...

There is not one thing he does not excel at ... thumbsup
Posted By: Hammer Re: Other Games - 11/19/18 01:38 AM
Yep.
Posted By: Dawgs4Life Re: Other Games - 11/19/18 01:40 AM
Chicago is a legit team ... probably the team who I was most wrong about
Posted By: lampdogg Re: Other Games - 11/19/18 01:42 AM
Originally Posted By: cfrs15
So, it looks like:

Kansas City
Pittsburgh
New England
Houston

Chargers with the fifth seed.

The sixth is up for grabs. A 9-7 record might be enough.
Posted By: sk8termom Re: Other Games - 11/19/18 01:44 AM

Or five and tie.

can't believe we pulled that out, wow!
Posted By: Dawgs4Life Re: Other Games - 11/19/18 01:54 AM
A team to watch out for the 6th seed: Indy
Posted By: jaybird Re: Other Games - 11/19/18 02:19 AM
Will be interesting to see if Jackson can save the Ravens...
Posted By: Swish Re: Other Games - 11/19/18 02:22 AM
Taylor Gabriel. Man I miss him on the team.
Posted By: Dawgs4Life Re: Other Games - 11/19/18 09:02 AM
Matt Nagy utilizes him perfectly too
Posted By: jfanent Re: Other Games - 11/19/18 11:08 AM
Originally Posted By: jaybird

I hope they're thinking along those lines....I'd love to see Hue coaching them. laugh
Posted By: willitevachange Re: Other Games - 11/19/18 01:42 PM

I hope they're thinking along those lines....I'd love to see Hue coaching them. laugh
He meant Lamar
Posted By: eotab Re: Other Games - 11/19/18 02:03 PM
Not that long, he would not last a season unless he puts on like 30lbs of muscle next off season...man does he remind me of Cunningham. At the end of it all he is not as good as Cunningham but he also does remind me of Tebow...he will win a lot of games via the run. Not as built as Tebow to take the hits, in college he was able to avoid them. But he will be a turnover machine against good defenses. Right now what I see is his accuracy is limited to passes withing the NUMBERS...His side line passes...well 50 50 to which team he will throw it to.

Running, if he learns how to slide. But he ran more than he passed the ball.

It was nice seeing the Bengals get beat up a bit as we heal.

Posted By: Dawgs4Life Re: Other Games - 11/19/18 03:29 PM
I just saw the stats .. 27 carries for a QB? wow
Posted By: jfanent Re: Other Games - 11/19/18 04:11 PM
Originally Posted By: willitevachange

He meant Lamar

Apparently I needed a bigger smiley face.
Posted By: Tulsa Re: Other Games - 11/19/18 04:19 PM

I hope they're thinking along those lines....I'd love to see Hue coaching them.
He meant Lamar

Fixed it for you.

Posted By: willitevachange Re: Other Games - 11/19/18 04:36 PM
Originally Posted By: Tulsa

I hope they're thinking along those lines....I'd love to see Hue coaching them.
He meant Lamar

Fixed it for you.

Just fig Hue was such a joke you were smiling about him smile
Posted By: CapCity Dawg Re: Other Games - 11/19/18 04:43 PM
LAMAR JACKSON

its his first start.

I hate this excuse when it comes to basics. College and high school have out of bounds and game clocks as well. The concept of staying in bounds to keep the clock moving is not something that doesn't appear until the NFL.
Posted By: Swish Re: Other Games - 11/19/18 04:46 PM
Originally Posted By: CapCity Dawg
LAMAR JACKSON

its his first start.

I hate this excuse when it comes to basics. College and high school have out of bounds and game clocks as well. The concept of staying in bounds to keep the clock moving is not something that doesn't appear until the NFL.

so? he got the W. but please, show me a rookie QB who didn't make bone headed decisions. i'll wait.
Posted By: PitDAWG Re: Other Games - 11/19/18 04:51 PM
Yeah, everyone who disagrees with you is thick or stupid. We understand that. lmao

The guy has TWO YEARS HC EXPERIENCE! Just like Chip Kelly. Yet you claim it's not the same. I won't resort to calling you thick, stupid or any other names.

But let's just say that Chip Kelly was the hottest ticket in town with only two years HC experience and it's the exact same thing with Riley.
Posted By: DiamDawg Re: Other Games - 11/19/18 05:20 PM
Chip Kelly had two years of HC experience at ANY LEVEL when the Iggles hired him ...

U sure it was only two years? ...

I find that hard to believe but then i think of what the thief did with sashi and realize NO IDEAS TO STUPID for some folks ... thumbsdown ...

Did chip really only have 2 years of HC experience when the iggles hired him? ...
Posted By: PitDAWG Re: Other Games - 11/19/18 05:27 PM
Actually after a closer look he was the Coach at Oregon for 4 years with a recors of 49-15. Twice as long as Riley has been HC.
Posted By: DiamDawg Re: Other Games - 11/19/18 05:42 PM
I re-watched the game this morning cause i was curious about Mr. Jackson ...

After re-watching it he’s gonna have some problems ...

- his release point is way to low ... to me it appears to be at the earhole or at best the crown of his helmet ... its REAL LOW ... and i’m Not talking about the throw he sidearmed and hit dude in the helmet ... i’m Talking about his normal throwing motion ...

BONE - u ever seen one that low before? ... i can’t recall anyone? ...

ANYONE? Dawgs ... can any of u think of anyone with such a low release point?

- he has accuracy issues ...

- he took way to many hits ... WAY TO MANY ...

Watching Mitch last night he ran the ball say 8 times ... all to the middle of the filed .... he got hit once and that was on a late hit ... watching this morning Mr. Jackson ran the ball 27 times ... 7 or 8 ended with him running out of bounds ... he prolly got hit 30 - 35 times ... he is strong and tough and broke plenty of tackles but there still HITS ... hence why him saying on bounds roughly 20 times resulted in around 30 hits ...

I think it was Bruce Arians that summed it up best on one or the broadcasts .. i think it was Bruce anyhow ..

“If you put your QB in danger, danger will come” ...

He ran it 27 times ... and took LEGITE HITS ... these weren’t of the late slide variety .. he INITATED the contact a lot ... he’s not Cam or Josh Allen’s size ... he can’t do that ...

He ran a pure college offense yesterday ... good luck wth that ...

Mr. Jackson has a LONG LONG LONG WAY to go ...

He is fun to watch though ... thumbsup
Posted By: DiamDawg Re: Other Games - 11/19/18 05:51 PM
Last night when they panned over to Nagy with the plastic play sheet pressed against his mouthpiece on his head set when they went for two when it was the DUMBEST THING u could possibly do at that point ...

i then had a flashback to them panning over to Iron Mike back in the day standing there in his leather coat and that hair with that intent scowl on his face while peering out at the action on the field .... even with all those around him it was like a silloutte ...

It dawned on me that was a microcosm of just how much the game had changed with that before and after simple pic ... of course Iron Mikes would be in black and white for us old folk that love nostalgia ... thumbsup
Posted By: PrplPplEater Re: Other Games - 11/19/18 06:59 PM

“If you put your QB in danger, danger will come” ...

Just like "Field of Dreams" !!

except, if they keep playing him like that, it's gonna be more like "Children of the Corn".
Posted By: DiamDawg Re: Other Games - 11/19/18 07:07 PM
Did u happen to catch any of Bark yesterday? ... he was “very dissapointing” in that night game in that he didn’t really get to showcase a lot of what makes him special ... yesterday he did noting spectacular but he showcased his quicks, speed. 0 - 60 in a second type skills ...

It was fun to watch ... hope u got to catch some of it ... you’d of enjoyed it ...
Posted By: PrplPplEater Re: Other Games - 11/19/18 07:09 PM
I didn't, unfortunately.
On that Monday night game, I forgot that I don't get to watch MNF as I don't have cable and I ended up watching absolutely zero football yesterday (and it was nice!).
Posted By: Dawgs4Life Re: Other Games - 11/19/18 07:18 PM
I always do enjoy the BYE week ... it is a nice respite from stress
Posted By: drobs Re: Other Games - 11/19/18 07:18 PM
When you look how the Saints offense has been going I think it’s amazing what fits we caused them. It also proves we need depth at LB and DB.
Posted By: Dawgs4Life Re: Other Games - 11/19/18 07:23 PM
dont forget the Saints didnt have Ingram, Smith was only in his 2nd game, and it was early. They are ROLLING now
Posted By: Hammer Re: Other Games - 11/19/18 07:29 PM
Bernie threw 3/4 - but he was accurate and could read defenses and play from within the pocket.
Posted By: DiamDawg Re: Other Games - 11/19/18 07:36 PM
Originally Posted By: Hammer
Bernie threw 3/4 - but he was accurate and could read defenses and play from within the pocket.

Thats emberassing ... how could i forget him ... *L* ...

I guess thats what makes Jackson’s delivery so unique ... he doesn’t throw it 3/4’s or sidearmed ... its an ‘overhand” delivery that just doesn’t go above his heat at any point .. *L* ..

Thanks dawg .. thumbsup
Posted By: CapCity Dawg Re: Other Games - 11/19/18 09:47 PM
Originally Posted By: CapCity Dawg
LAMAR JACKSON

its his first start.

so? he got the W. but please, show me a rookie QB who didn't make bone headed decisions. i'll wait.

I would have been surprised had you not gotten defensive over my response. I didn't say he didn't get the W. I didn't say he sucked. And I didn't say rookie QBs don't make mistakes.

You said it correctly. He made a bone headed decision. Wasn't the first one to do so, and won't be the last. All I am saying that not knowing to stay in bounds in that situation has nothing to do with being a rookie. Because that concept is introduced well before the NFL. He made the mistake because he is human and will make mistakes. It is not because he is a rookie and didn't know how it worked.

Untie your undies, I am not dissing on Lamar.

I will say that Cincy had to have known how Lamar was going to be primarily used, and didn't plan for it. That one play in the 4th quarter, with Balt deep in Cincy territory. Cincy lined up with no one in the middle, behind the DL.
Posted By: Hammer Re: Other Games - 11/20/18 12:23 AM
Wasn't Hue helping out on D this week for the Bengals?
Posted By: Tulsa Re: Other Games - 11/20/18 12:24 AM
I thought I’d read he was helping on the HC side, letting Lewis run with the defense.
Posted By: bonefish Re: Other Games - 11/20/18 12:44 AM
Just wanted to give a shout out to Andrew Luck.

Really glad he has recovered. Always liked him. Thought he has always handled himself with class.

Happy for him.
Posted By: jfanent Re: Other Games - 11/20/18 01:42 AM
I thought I’d read he was helping on the HC side, letting Lewis run with the defense.

Well, they lost....so you're probably right. wink
Posted By: leadtheway Re: Other Games - 11/20/18 01:45 AM
Rams are a juggernaut
Posted By: lampdogg Re: Other Games - 11/20/18 01:51 AM
Happy birthday, lead.... and yes they are.
Posted By: leadtheway Re: Other Games - 11/20/18 01:54 AM
Thanks!
Posted By: myka Re: Other Games - 11/20/18 02:08 AM
They are letting Reid challenge a PI call... wtf?

I mean it was clearly bogus but we know well as Browns fans you can’t challeneg a penalty
Posted By: EveDawg Re: Other Games - 11/20/18 02:33 AM
Those yellow jerseys are very yellow.
Posted By: bonefish Re: Other Games - 11/20/18 02:44 AM
Mahomes is blowing football up.

He makes throws from unbalanced platforms that are just nuts.

Frankly I don't know how he does it. And he makes it look natural and easy.

This is what the NFL wants Rams and KC. Offensive a go go.

The defense has a lot working against them in today's game.
Posted By: myka Re: Other Games - 11/20/18 02:51 AM
Originally Posted By: bonefish

Frankly I don't know how he does it. And he makes it look natural and easy.

Good genetics. Good coaching. NFL rules.
Posted By: myka Re: Other Games - 11/20/18 02:53 AM
What is going on with missed Extra Points this year?

No way all of a sudden all kickers just suck. What did the NFL do that they aren't telling us? Slicker balls?
Posted By: EveDawg Re: Other Games - 11/20/18 02:54 AM
Originally Posted By: myka

No way all of a sudden all kickers just suck. What did the NFL do that they aren't telling us? Slicker balls?

Its called the ratings and Vegas effect.
Posted By: myka Re: Other Games - 11/20/18 02:56 AM

Its called the ratings and Vegas effect.

Haha, I agree, but hoping there's something else.
Posted By: lampdogg Re: Other Games - 11/20/18 03:01 AM
These two Os are almost hard to believe, Mahomes is a phenom.

The PAs are in kickers' heads: even if they're worth less than a FG, they seem more game-changing if you miss one. I think the NFL should make it a 27-harder, a team is going to lose a super bowl because their kicker missed a convert

What a wild first half.
Posted By: VarmintKong Re: Other Games - 11/20/18 03:10 AM

I mean it was clearly bogus but we know well as Browns fans you can’t challeneg a penalty

How did this work? Reid called a timeout then the camera showed him in the sideline arguing with an official. I never saw the red flag come out, but the official said KC was challenging the call of pass interference. I just ran a Google search to see if the rule was changed, but only found an article from 2017 saying the NFL was considering allowing all penalties to be reviewable. Nothing more recent than that.
Posted By: Swish Re: Other Games - 11/20/18 03:13 AM
Oh no Cam Erving. Not twice on national tv. Lol ouch.
Posted By: Bull_Dawg Re: Other Games - 11/20/18 03:21 AM
Oh no Cam Erving. Not twice on national tv. Lol ouch.

No shame in getting beat by Aaron Donald. He's blocking much better than he did here.

Whiffing on the recovery after the 2nd fumble looked much more familiar.
Posted By: The Collector Re: Other Games - 11/20/18 03:25 AM
Donald is a monster... That is all

Singlehandedly keeping the Rams in this game
Posted By: cfrs15 Re: Other Games - 11/20/18 03:26 AM

He challenged the tipped pass.
Posted By: CapCity Dawg Re: Other Games - 11/20/18 03:36 AM
Originally Posted By: Hammer
Wasn't Hue helping out on D this week for the Bengals?

That was the report.
Posted By: jfanent Re: Other Games - 11/20/18 03:47 AM
Wow. Mahomes is human.
Posted By: The Collector Re: Other Games - 11/20/18 03:48 AM
Wow .. Ebukam having a night to remember
Posted By: EveDawg Re: Other Games - 11/20/18 03:51 AM
COME ON
Posted By: The Collector Re: Other Games - 11/20/18 03:51 AM
Brees's MVP candidicy grows just a bit
Posted By: myka Re: Other Games - 11/20/18 04:00 AM
Originally Posted By: VarmintKong

How did this work? Reid called a timeout then the camera showed him in the sideline arguing with an official. I never saw the red flag come out, but the official said KC was challenging the call of pass interference. I just ran a Google search to see if the rule was changed, but only found an article from 2017 saying the NFL was considering allowing all penalties to be reviewable. Nothing more recent than that.

No idea. NFL is like the WWE now, they just seem to makeup the rules as they go.
Posted By: cfrs15 Re: Other Games - 11/20/18 04:04 AM

No idea. NFL is like the WWE now, they just seem to makeup the rules as they go.

You can challenge if the passed was tipped or not. Tipped pass, no PI.
Posted By: myka Re: Other Games - 11/20/18 04:07 AM

You can challenge if the passed was tipped or not. Tipped pass, no PI.

Exactly. Weird that you can challenge one thing relating to a penalty but not other things like arm bar, holding etc
Posted By: Milk Man Re: Other Games - 11/20/18 04:11 AM
j/c..

This game is bonkers. The O/U finally set at 64, making it the highest in NFL history and the game hit the over in the 3rd quarter.

Side note, cfrs, did you try and go to this game by chance? Fun game to attend.
Posted By: VarmintKong Re: Other Games - 11/20/18 04:11 AM
Just looked that up. CFRS is right. Replay covers touching of a forward pass by a defender or ineligible receiver. I could have sworn the red stated challenging the call of interference though, but I can't rewind.
Posted By: VarmintKong Re: Other Games - 11/20/18 04:16 AM
Originally Posted By: Milk Man
j/c..

This game is bonkers. The O/U finally set at 64, making it the highest in NFL history and the game hit the over in the 3rd quarter.

That is crazy. While game is crazy. Offenses running rampant, but there has been 3 defensive scores now.
Posted By: VarmintKong Re: Other Games - 11/20/18 04:17 AM
Probably craziest MNF game since Testaverde led the Jets back against the Fins.
Posted By: Punchsmack Re: Other Games - 11/20/18 04:17 AM
Crazy...and still 11:07 left.
Posted By: Swish Re: Other Games - 11/20/18 04:18 AM
wow. whats crazy is that both defenses have combined for 21 points.

also, the Rams have scored off 3 chief turnovers. but if it wasn't for a sack/fumble for a TD, and a pick 6 by the rams defense, the Rams would actually be down 44-26.

and its still 10 minutes left in the 4th.
Posted By: VarmintKong Re: Other Games - 11/20/18 04:20 AM
Punch in the house. Hope you're feeling well.
Posted By: Punchsmack Re: Other Games - 11/20/18 04:26 AM
Punch in the house. Hope you're feeling well.

Thanks. I was going to post an update in my thread if you all wanted to see my scar. Since coming home from the hospital, I’ve been resting a lot and watching tons of sports. I’m ready to go back to work next week. I’m going to ask my doctor for approval tomorrow.

Thanks for all the support everyone.
Posted By: VarmintKong Re: Other Games - 11/20/18 04:29 AM
Shoot, we had a guy take 3 weeks for a hernia. You're an animal getting after it so soon.
Posted By: VarmintKong Re: Other Games - 11/20/18 04:33 AM
Peter's shading inside. That's got to open up the sideline.
Posted By: jfanent Re: Other Games - 11/20/18 04:40 AM
This is a game for the ages.
Posted By: VarmintKong Re: Other Games - 11/20/18 04:45 AM
Wow!
Posted By: Milk Man Re: Other Games - 11/20/18 04:48 AM
This is just nuts.
Posted By: VarmintKong Re: Other Games - 11/20/18 04:50 AM
What a snatch hill
Posted By: Swish Re: Other Games - 11/20/18 04:51 AM
nooooo mahomes noooooo
Posted By: VarmintKong Re: Other Games - 11/20/18 04:51 AM
Ekubam with the pressure to open up duck season.
Posted By: The Collector Re: Other Games - 11/20/18 04:51 AM
Rams D is no joke
Posted By: VarmintKong Re: Other Games - 11/20/18 04:52 AM
O didn't even know who Ebukam was before this game
Posted By: Swish Re: Other Games - 11/20/18 04:53 AM
dont give the game away McVay
Posted By: VarmintKong Re: Other Games - 11/20/18 04:54 AM
They are gonna give KC a chance and let them keep a TO.
Posted By: VarmintKong Re: Other Games - 11/20/18 04:55 AM
What a boot!
Posted By: Punchsmack Re: Other Games - 11/20/18 04:56 AM
#1 rushing team in the league and you rush once there?
Posted By: Swish Re: Other Games - 11/20/18 04:56 AM
man, kelce has had some crucial drops this game.
Posted By: Milk Man Re: Other Games - 11/20/18 04:56 AM
Tyreek Hill with his second boneheaded PR of the game.
Posted By: VarmintKong Re: Other Games - 11/20/18 04:57 AM
Can't believe Hill fielded that. That's twice tonight. That's some cra p you'd see Peppers pull
Posted By: EveDawg Re: Other Games - 11/20/18 04:58 AM
This football game is some weird alternate dimension.
Posted By: Milk Man Re: Other Games - 11/20/18 04:58 AM
KC was +3 on the spread. All this for a push. Lol.
Posted By: EveDawg Re: Other Games - 11/20/18 04:59 AM
Well, if youre gonna down, go down swinging.
Posted By: Swish Re: Other Games - 11/20/18 04:59 AM
what a game. what an epic game this was!
Posted By: Punchsmack Re: Other Games - 11/20/18 05:01 AM
That Hill catch of the punt...that’s a decision the Chiefs would like back.
Posted By: EveDawg Re: Other Games - 11/20/18 05:10 AM
This game was like if Alabama played against itself.
Posted By: FATE Re: Other Games - 11/20/18 05:17 AM

WTH did I just watch??

That was insane. I'm starting to come to the conclusion that scheme trumps all on offense. Bunch formations, RPO, pick plays and multiple fake handoffs. It's absolute chicanery... and these teams execute. Well disciplined.

One of my favorite plays of the night was because of the execution before it even took place. Third and goal the Rams finally huddle up. About 15 seconds in they race to the line, ball is snapped in under 1 second and they score.

I feel like we have a QB that could thrive in this environment.
Posted By: FATE Re: Other Games - 11/20/18 05:18 AM

That's hilarious Eve. So true lol.
Posted By: Tulsa Re: Other Games - 11/20/18 05:45 AM

WTH did I just watch??

That was insane. I'm starting to come to the conclusion that scheme trumps all on offense. Bunch formations, RPO, pick plays and multiple fake handoffs. It's absolute chicanery... and these teams execute. Well disciplined.

One of my favorite plays of the night was because of the execution before it even took place. Third and goal the Rams finally huddle up. About 15 seconds in they race to the line, ball is snapped in under 1 second and they score.

I feel like we have a QB that could thrive in this environment.

I’ve finally seen a chicanery take on this forum, well played sir, well played! thumbsup
Posted By: Dawgs4Life Re: Other Games - 11/20/18 09:00 AM
That game was crazy. Both offenses are like a look into the future or something ... wow
Posted By: willitevachange Re: Other Games - 11/20/18 01:21 PM
Man, what a game last night. But ill tell you what I will always remember ------McVey have the best running back in the league, chose to throw the ball and give KC (one of the most prolific offenses in history) a chance to win it with about 1:20 left and a timeout. IDIOTIC. Hue level idiotic.
Posted By: Bull_Dawg Re: Other Games - 11/20/18 01:36 PM

Reid wasn't trying to call a timeout. He was gesturing that the ball was tipped which looks a lot like calling a timeout. ...maybe?

That was a pretty wild game. Hopefully the final under throw wasn't indicative of the beating he was taking catching up with Mahomes.
Posted By: BpG Re: Other Games - 11/20/18 02:11 PM
I have to be honest, TD's feel cheap. Like I like high scoring but 50 points for both teams. Maybe I'm getting old, I am not a fan.
Posted By: Bull_Dawg Re: Other Games - 11/20/18 02:25 PM
Originally Posted By: BpG
I have to be honest, TD's feel cheap. Like I like high scoring but 50 points for both teams. Maybe I'm getting old, I am not a fan.

Lots of points off turnovers and several defensive TDs. Defense still matters.

My primary complaint is the breaks after the TDs.

I'm also still trying to figure out why ESPN thought Witten would be a good commentator. No flow. Awful timing.
Posted By: Dawgs4Life Re: Other Games - 11/20/18 02:34 PM
Man, what a game last night. But ill tell you what I will always remember ------McVey have the best running back in the league, chose to throw the ball and give KC (one of the most prolific offenses in history) a chance to win it with about 1:20 left and a timeout. IDIOTIC. Hue level idiotic.
one thing to note: Gurley was injured
Posted By: eotab Re: Other Games - 11/20/18 02:55 PM
That side arm flick was way over utilized.
Bengals were hurting and did not have the ultimate speed out there. The kid got hit in that one game more times than he did his entire 2017 season in college. It seemed like he never was hit in his college games. If he becomes a pocket passer...yeah right...he might survive. If he runs 27 times a game he will not last one bit. That's probably more carries than Chubb gets.

Also the way he holds onto the ball he is a turnover machine waiting to happen. He will be welcomed to the NFL and soon if he continues to start, teams will actually game plan against him. Right now as you stated. (quoting Arians, we think wink ) Danger will come. So will the turnovers. He and Josh Allen are neck to neck in legitimate NFL QBs...in others words neither one is.

Cunningham, Tebow...also sometimes he reminds me of Cribbs and he got beat up pretty bad running the Wildcat.

jmho
Posted By: FATE Re: Other Games - 11/20/18 02:56 PM

Then go ahead and run "Rudy", 40 seconds is 40 seconds.
Posted By: Dawgs4Life Re: Other Games - 11/20/18 02:59 PM

yeah, not disputing the idea to run
Posted By: DiamDawg Re: Other Games - 11/20/18 03:04 PM
Please explain what u mean by “how he holds the ball” ... i don’t know what u mean by that and would like to learn ...

Please explain ...

Thanks bro ... appreciate it ... thumbsup
Posted By: FATE Re: Other Games - 11/20/18 03:18 PM

yeah, not disputing the idea to run

I know bro, just dumbfounded by the decision.
Posted By: DiamDawg Re: Other Games - 11/20/18 03:48 PM
Not a fan ... but they were all glorified handoffs ... it was too agressive for me but it wasn’t near as bad as some wanna make it out to be IMO ...

He trusted the 2nd down play would be open or Goff would make the right decision ..

It wasn’t “open” in that there was defender maybe 1/2 in between Goff and his target ... and Goff made a bad play .. he has to get that over the defenders head or just give himself up ... he didn’t get it over dudes head and it wasn’t that hard to do ... the reciever was all alone he just didnt put enough air under the pass .. i’m sure McVie and ‘Goff have all ready had that discussion ...

With that game flow ... to agressive for me ... but i get it especially with the aggressiveness of todays coaches ... the nfl is full of what i would call very progressive coaches in that regard today ... what Nagy did going for two .. that was MORONIC ... thumbsup

Posted By: bonefish Re: Other Games - 11/20/18 03:55 PM

That was some ball game.

Goff has come along way. I had real questions about him doing anything. His first year he looked lost. He doesn't look lost now.

Mahomes. I remember watching him during the draft process. Plenty of wow. Thought if he could harness his talent some the possibilities were endless.

He can do things others would never think about trying.

As he matures and curbs some wild tendencies he may rewrite a bunch of records.

Super exciting game to watch.
Posted By: cfrs15 Re: Other Games - 11/20/18 04:30 PM

He had to get a first down. After the false start the easiest way to do that was pass. McVay is super aggressive. Don’t turtle just because it’s the end of the game. He has Jared Goff, not Blake Bortles.
Posted By: bonefish Re: Other Games - 11/20/18 05:53 PM

Curious to see how Colt does with this starting opportunity.

He may surprise some folks.
Posted By: PitDAWG Re: Other Games - 11/20/18 06:07 PM
Nah.
Posted By: YTownBrownsFan Re: Other Games - 11/20/18 06:25 PM

At just how quickly the team looks to start Mark Sanchez?

Short week, playing at Dallas ....

Against Houston, McCoy completed 50% of his passes for 4.5 yards/attempt. Dallas's defense isn't as good as Houston's, but I still expect the Skins to struggle .... maybe a TD and 2 or 3 FG ...... and that the Cowboys (bleh) will win 27-11.
Posted By: Dawgs4Life Re: Other Games - 11/20/18 06:33 PM

I'll be surprised if he throws it down the field once.
Posted By: FATE Re: Other Games - 11/20/18 06:33 PM

He had to get a first down. After the false start the easiest way to do that was pass. McVay is super aggressive. Don’t turtle just because it’s the end of the game. He has Jared Goff, not Blake Bortles.

Well, he didn't have to get a first down, his team was winning. The play call was a weak WR screen on third and 11. Second down pass was batted down, stopping the clock. The Rams are second in the league in rushing and they threw the ball three times when their biggest goal should be (has to be imo) to make KC burn all three TOs. But hey, can't knock the guy with his success, everything you said is true. Definitely not what I would do.
Posted By: bonefish Re: Other Games - 11/20/18 07:01 PM

I know Colt is nothing special.

I just like him and wish him well.

Posted By: PitDAWG Re: Other Games - 11/20/18 07:09 PM
I don't wish him any ill will. I just differentiate between the person and the player in an attempt to be impartial when evaluating players.
Posted By: DiamDawg Re: Other Games - 11/20/18 08:19 PM
I really want to defend him .... i really do .. i mean they were technically passes but they were really glorified handoffs ... goff didn’t put enough air under it or its an easy completion with the ball being thrown about 10 yards ...

The defender wasn’t suppose to be there like on the first play they ran to the other side ... he didn’t bite ... goff made a bad pass on one he completes 9 out of 10 times with the defender there ... that was not a real easy pass but it wasn’t difficult ... just needed a smidge more air under it ...

End of the day bro ... with that much time left ... getting rid of there TO’s in the safest possible manner should be the priority given the TIME and FIELD POSITION and the fact all they needed was a FG ...

McVie made a mistake ... it wasn’t aggregious ... i get what he was doing ... at that point .. the risk vs reward just isn’t there even for a glorified handoff ...

Cfr is just being way to black and white here .. he tends to do that sometimes if u haven’t noticed ... wink
Posted By: DiamDawg Re: Other Games - 11/20/18 08:22 PM
Colt is what he is .. and whatever u think he is ... he’s better than Sanchez is and thats a fact jack .. thumbsup
Posted By: DCDAWGFAN Re: Other Games - 11/20/18 08:31 PM

Rare that a game like this lives up to the hype but damn if it didn't. If these teams meet again in the Super Bowl, how do they top that?
Posted By: Tulsa Re: Other Games - 11/20/18 09:25 PM
Originally Posted By: DCDAWGFAN

Rare that a game like this lives up to the hype but damn if it didn't. If these teams meet again in the Super Bowl, how do they top that?

Play some defense?
Posted By: 3rd_and_20 Re: Other Games - 11/20/18 09:31 PM
I had to work so I recorded the Rams/Chiefs game, didn't watch the news nor listen to the radio and watched it this morning/afternoon. What a game!
Posted By: YTownBrownsFan Re: Other Games - 11/20/18 10:08 PM

Hey, he's turned less than average talent into a nice career in the NFL. A lot of guys do a whole lot worse, some with a whole lot more talent, that's for sure.
Posted By: myka Re: Other Games - 11/20/18 10:35 PM

Play some defense?

3 TDs were scored by defense.

3 INTs

4 Fumbles

8 Sacks

Defense was actually the story of the game.
Posted By: Tulsa Re: Other Games - 11/20/18 10:57 PM

Play some defense?

3 INTs

4 Fumbles

8 Sacks

Mahomes threw for 478 yards and 6 td’s..
Tyreek Hill had 215 of those yards receiving and 2 td’s
Goff threw for 413 yards and 4 td’s, and 1 rushing td.
There was 1001 yards of total offense.
The D had some highlight reel stuff but 1000 offensive yards allowed is not a good story.
Posted By: Frenchy Re: Other Games - 11/21/18 05:16 AM
Originally Posted By: YTownBrownsFan

Hey, he's turned less than average talent into a nice career in the NFL. A lot of guys do a whole lot worse, some with a whole lot more talent, that's for sure.

And he’s getting $3,000,000+ a year to do it.
Posted By: eotab Re: Other Games - 11/21/18 01:42 PM
Please explain what u mean by “how he holds the ball” ... i don’t know what u mean by that and would like to learn ...

Please explain ...

Thanks bro ... appreciate it ... thumbsup

When he is on the move he constantly holds the ball with ONE POINT...meaning how many places holding onto the ball. 2, 3 points in the NFL is a must. My point is in college he was able to avoid hits and this is a developed bad habit.
He will become a turnover machine holding the ball that way as in the NFL you will have a 300 pounder catch him from behind and dislodge that ball from his person.

Hard to communicate on a message board, sorry for the confusion. But look at his high lights and you will see how he carries that ball away from his body and in one hand. In the NFL that just does not go well! I'm sure somebody better than me can give you a clip of what I'm talking about.

I know for a fact on his INT to Shawn Williams is a perfect example of how he holds the ball this is a bad habit that will be hard to break.

Hope that explains it.

To all, Thank you for the well wishes and prayers. Monday 11/19 received news from my Surgeon, I am CANCER FREE...all GONE with the blasting of Radiation along with Chemo! Now colonoscopy every 6 months for the next 2 years to make sure it does not come back! Thank you Lord!
Posted By: YTownBrownsFan Re: Other Games - 11/21/18 02:29 PM
Thank God for that! Glad to hear it!
Posted By: ThomasE Re: Other Games - 11/21/18 03:51 PM
So glad to hear EO- a lot to be thankful for!
Posted By: PitDAWG Re: Other Games - 11/21/18 04:22 PM
I'm very happy for you tab. You fought the good fight my man!
Posted By: jfanent Re: Other Games - 11/21/18 04:25 PM
Awesome news!!
Posted By: DCDAWGFAN Re: Other Games - 11/21/18 06:08 PM

Play some defense?

3 INTs

4 Fumbles

8 Sacks

Defense was the story but not because it was great.. it was boom or bust.

There were 28 possessions in the game (not counting kneel downs at the end of half and end of game)... they ended this way:

Touchdown - 11
Field Goal - 3
Turnover - 7 (3 returned for TD)
Punt - 7

It's just a weird distribution that doesn't point to "good" defense, just opportunistic defense.
Posted By: EveDawg Re: Other Games - 11/21/18 06:20 PM
Really super happy for you eotab, that is awesome news!
Posted By: FATE Re: Other Games - 11/21/18 06:25 PM

Heck yeah, Tab. That's awesome news! Stay positive and take care of yourself!
Posted By: myka Re: Other Games - 11/21/18 10:51 PM
Opportunistic defense = good defense

Win game = good

The days of defense dominating a whole game to force a win are over and have been since the rule changes 3 years ago.
Posted By: Homewood Dog Re: Other Games - 11/22/18 12:08 AM
Good news EO glad to hear it. That insidious disease has hit my family too and I'm always very happy to hear news like yours. That news will make your Thanksgiving more special and joyous this year!!
Posted By: myka Re: Other Games - 11/22/18 01:21 AM
Originally Posted By: eotab
[quote=DiamDawg]

To all, Thank you for the well wishes and prayers. Monday 11/19 received news from my Surgeon, I am CANCER FREE...all GONE with the blasting of Radiation along with Chemo! Now colonoscopy every 6 months for the next 2 years to make sure it does not come back! Thank you Lord![/color]

Congrats Eo! Wonderful news!
Posted By: sk8termom Re: Other Games - 11/22/18 01:30 AM
Originally Posted By: eotab
[quote=DiamDawg]

To all, Thank you for the well wishes and prayers. Monday 11/19 received news from my Surgeon, I am CANCER FREE...all GONE with the blasting of Radiation along with Chemo! Now colonoscopy every 6 months for the next 2 years to make sure it does not come back! Thank you Lord![/color]

Congrats Eo! Wonderful news!

Add my congratulations as well eotab!
Posted By: Dawgs4Life Re: Other Games - 11/22/18 08:20 PM
great news EO!!
Posted By: mgh888 Re: Other Games - 11/23/18 03:07 PM
Yep - fantastic news sir. Happy Thanksgiving! smile
© DawgTalkers.net