8:00pm
Vikings @ Packers

Sunday

1:00pm
Colts @ Ravens

4:30pm
Seahawks @ Redskins

Bengals/Texans
I can actually see Cincy taking this one if Houston continues to play like they have been. It's either that or they blow them out by getting back to their midseason form.
My pick: Texans

Vikings/Packers
Minnesota put everything into winning last week, by 3, and their reward? Getting to play AT Green Bay. I think the Packers roll as the Vikings area spent.
My pick: Packers

Colts/Ravens
Is Ray Lewis' return enough to spark an aging defense? Has Baltimores offense worked out all its kinks? Does any of it matter when they have to go up against Andre Luck and Chuck Strong?
My pick: Colts

Seahawks/Redskins
A battle of rookie QBs, good running teams, but Seattles defense is far better IMO. Especially with the return of one starting CB and the winning appeal of another. Seattles defense is fast, and RG3 looked a little slow (for him) Sunday night.
My pick: Seahawks

Remember when the Ravens and Texans were the CLEAR CUT best two AFC teams? How the mighty have fallen.

And I'd like to say, GB is good, and not many people are talking about them, may just be the way they like it.
Posted By: Spergon FTWynn Re: Who ya got? - 01/01/13 08:53 PM
Texans, but it won't be like last year when Dalton pooped all over the field. I think he has grown up a little. This one will be tight. I think Houston gets the run game going and that will be too much.

I'm actually gonna take the Vikings. I think they have been very good, and they are the type of team built to beat Green Bay at Lambeau. I think Peterson has another big game.

Baltimore, but pretty much the same way I think Houston wins. They get the job done, but the Colts give them all they can handle. I really didn't like that Harbaugh sat Flacco and others. That team is in no position to rest guys. That will eventually come back to bite them.

Can't take Seattle away from that unbelievable home field advantage. Washington by a TD.
Posted By: clwb419 Re: Who ya got? - 01/01/13 09:57 PM
Bengals/Texans
My pick: Bengals

Vikings/Packers
My pick: Packers

Colts/Ravens
My pick: Ravens

Seahawks/Redskins
My pick: Seahawks
Posted By: jaybird Re: Who ya got? - 01/01/13 10:04 PM
Going on the road with everyone

Cincy
Vikings
Colts
Seahawks
Posted By: no_logo_required Re: Who ya got? - 01/02/13 04:45 AM
this seems like the easiest wild card weekend in a long time. probably means it will go crazy.

houston
baltimore (as much as i hate to type it)
green bay
seattle
Posted By: DeisleDawg Re: Who ya got? - 01/02/13 09:51 AM
Who-Dey no way.. I hope the Texans run a Long horn up Dey Butt ! Taking Houstan..

The Vikes Pack it in for the season..Can't imagine the Packers losing at home ,No dome this week..Taking Green Bay..

No more Baltimore..No getting back in the saddle..The Colts rear up and go Strong down the stretch.. Taking Indy...

Seahawks swooping in and scalping Redskins..Tomahawks not flying this week...painting a close game ..taking Seattle ...
Posted By: YTownBrownsFan Re: Who ya got? - 01/02/13 11:50 AM
Well .... I can't sleep so I might as well play here .......

Cincy @ Houston:

Houston is 6-2 at home. The Bengals are 6-2 on the road. Should be strength against strength there. Houston has scored 25 more points than the Bengals, and allowed 11 more. Houston ended the year losing 2 in a row. Cincy ended up winning 3 in a row. Cincinnati also just seems more explosive to me.

Bengals win 27 - 17

Minnesota @ Green Bay:

Green bay is 7-1 at home. Minnesota is 3-5 on the road. Green Bay has an explosive passing attack, and Minnesota does not. Green Bay has scored 43 more points on the year than Minnesota, and has allowed 12 fewer points. The Pack gets Woodson back just in time for the playoffs, and Clay Matthews appears to be rounding back into shape. Minnesota has AP .... but the pack has AR.

Packers win 34-21

Indianapolis @ Baltimore:

Baltimore is 6-2 at home. Indianapolis is 4-4 on the road. I I just look at who Indy has beaten on the road ..... Tennessee, Jacksonville, Detroit and KC .... and I don't see a team in Baltimore's category. Baltimore lost to Pittsburgh and Denver at home. Indy isn't in the same league as those teams.

Baltimore wins 21-17

Seattle @ Washington:

Should be a really fun game. Washington is 5-3 at home, and Seattle is 3-5 on the road. The Seahawks really seem like a team built for turf. They are a perfect 8-0 at home.

If this game were played in Seattle, with both teams carrying the same records into this game, I would take Seattle and say "bet the house". However, it's played in DC, and Seattle has not been nearly as impressive on the road. In the end, that's the difference.

Redskins 27-10
Posted By: Kendall Storm Re: Who ya got? - 01/02/13 04:33 PM
Bengals -Texans

The Texans can't figure out what they want to do on offense. Schaub looks out of sync. They miss Cushing on defense and Jones on offense.
the Bengals defense has been playing at a playoff level since mid season.
They have the best d-line in the NFL. Their backup DE has 6.5 sacks.what does that tell you?
I see a low scoring game. Bengals 17-Texans 16

Packers-Vikings

The Packers have got a nice lift with the return of Ryan Grant. Aaron Rogers is $$$ in the playoffs. You can't win in the playoffs with Ponder as your QB. He is the purest form of a game manager. Packers have too many weapons and the Vikings too few. Packers 31-Vikings 17

Colts-Ravens

The "experts" picked the Colts to finish 32 out of 32 and the Bengals wouldn't return to the playoffs. Andrew Luck did what Any Dalton last year.
great stories but Indy is running into a experienced playoff team.
I don't know if the Colts can match the Ravens physical nature.
But Pagano might be the X factor. ex coordinator might know a few things about his old team.
Ravens 28 Colts 27

Seahawks -Redskins

This could be a game for the ages. 2 QBs that have reinvented the QB position.
this is the best defense the Redskins has faced in quite awhile.
The Seahawks have a fast defense that just jars you on every hit.
Wilson will be able to exploit a defense that isn't so fast and is aging.
memo to the Heckert fans,John Schneider is 10x the G.M Heckert is.

Seahawks 24 Redskins 17
Posted By: brownsfansince79 Re: Who ya got? - 01/03/13 01:48 PM
I think the Bengals win because Houston just can't figure itself out.

I think Green Bay wins because Aaron Rodgers has a ridiculous game.

I think Seattle wins because their D will come up big. But this one will be a close one.

I think the Colts beat the Ravens because Joe Flacco has a mediocre game and the Colts focus on Ray Rice.
Posted By: NickBrownsFan Re: Who ya got? - 01/03/13 07:22 PM
Houston will win. they sleep walked the back half of the season and got an extra game to play. Plenty of modivation for the coach to drill them on. Cinci has living on borrowed time and the clock strikes midnight.

Baltimore beats the Colts because of experence. Luck is good hes done some great things but B-More has been here before.

Green Bay in a white wash. Minny is only in because the East had to beat each other up. This is my Blow out game call.

This I think could be the hardest game to pick.Seattle is the better team IMHO.
Washington is the sexy pick. Seattle plays with speed on defense and I think that is enough to make the stops they need to make.
I'm taking Seattle.
Posted By: Fox&Hound7 Re: Who ya got? - 01/04/13 12:50 AM
My picks:

Cincinnati Bengals
Baltimore Ravens (These 1st 2 picks pain me, but that's how I feel)
Green Bay Packers
Washington Redskins
Posted By: Pepper52 Re: Who ya got? - 01/04/13 03:43 AM
Quote:

My picks:

Cincinnati Bengals
Baltimore Ravens (These 1st 2 picks pain me, but that's how I feel)
Green Bay Packers
Washington Redskins

Good picks except Texans over the kittens
Posted By: PitDAWG Re: Who ya got? - 01/04/13 10:29 AM
Quote:

Saturday

Bengals @ Texans

Vikings @ Packers

Sunday

Colts @ Ravens

Seahawks @ Redskins

The Texans man for man are the better team, but that isn't how this always works. The Giants were not very good the last year they won the SB but their late season momentum carried them through.

Cincy has won 7 out of their last 8 while the Texans have been on the skids as of late. Advantage? Bungals....

The Packers just can't seem to stop AD but they split this year with each team winning at home. A dome team at The Frozen Tundra???

Advatage Packers

The Ratbirds are long in the tooth and Ray Ray has even tried to do his best to inspire. Yet the Colts have the QB and the Rats D is a shadow of them former selves. And that includes Ray Ray. Advantage Colts.....

The last game is the toughest one IMO. Redskins have home field advantage yet RG3 is a little slower wearing that brace. Seattle IMO has the better overall D so I have to give the very slightest of advantages to the Seahawks.
Posted By: ThatGuy Re: Who ya got? - 01/04/13 12:05 PM
Quote:

A dome team at The Frozen Tundra???

2004. Falcons.

AP > MV
Posted By: Tulsa Re: Who ya got? - 01/04/13 12:33 PM
Quote:

Saturday

Bengals @ Texans

Vikings @ Packers

Sunday

Colts @ Ravens

Seahawks @ Redskins

Texans - Redemption is necessary and the cure is the hasbengals.
Pack - The Viks will be left Pondering their future.
Colts - Rayray is back, so....
Skins - Sign reads "RG3 nothing can stop him" as he's pictured next to a midget called mini3.
Posted By: DawgMichelle Re: Who ya got? - 01/04/13 02:50 PM
I don't really care about the rest, but the Bungals will lose.
Posted By: Psydeffect Re: Who ya got? - 01/04/13 05:07 PM
Texans
Packers
Ravens
Redskins
Posted By: 10YrOvernightSuccess Re: Who ya got? - 01/04/13 05:29 PM
Coaches. GM's.. wait, people are still PLAYING football? Poor guys, don't they know the real season just started.
Posted By: keys_bow_wow Re: Who ya got? - 01/04/13 05:37 PM
Texans win big,
Packers in a close one

Colts smoke Ray Ray
Skins in a squeaker.
Posted By: JulesDawg Re: Who ya got? - 01/04/13 10:22 PM
Texans
Packers
Colts
Seahawks
Posted By: candyman92 Re: Who ya got? - 01/04/13 10:26 PM
Bengals

Packers

Ravens

Seahawks

I hate to say it but the Ravens winning the Super Bowl wouldn't surprise me. If they face Rodgers in the Super Bowl that will change my mind.
Posted By: Dave Re: Who ya got? - 01/05/13 12:47 AM
Houston

Green Bay

Baltimore

Washington
Posted By: Haus Re: Who ya got? - 01/05/13 06:46 AM
Houston
Green Bay
Baltimore
Seattle
Posted By: Punchsmack Re: Who ya got? - 01/05/13 06:41 PM
Saturday
Bengals @ Texans
Vikings @ Packers

Sunday
Colts @ Ravens
Seahawks @ Redskins
Posted By: Dawgs4Life Re: Who ya got? - 01/05/13 07:25 PM
Texans 27
Bengals 23

Packers 31
Vikings 20

Ravens 20
Colts 17

Seahawks 26
Redskins 24
Posted By: Pepper52 Re: Who ya got? - 01/05/13 08:09 PM
IMO the Colts magic season gets a BIG reality check today 35-13 Ratbirds..As much as I hate to say it
Posted By: Mourgrym Re: Who ya got? - 01/05/13 08:24 PM
Bengals vs Texans AJ Green vs andra Jhnson forget about it, this game is all about defense and Bengals are playing better D right now
Bengals Win

Vikings vs Packers @GB does not intimidate this group of Viking players and when you cant stop the run against a team that is totally commited to the run game

Vikings Win

Colts vs Ravens Lewis will have that team willing to lay it all on the time to keep him playing one more game. Luck is about to run out lol

Ravens Win

Seattle vs Skins toss up game I love this SEattle team but the Skins at home in the playoffs is going to give the Seahawks a taste of what visitors get in Seattle

Skins
Posted By: candyman92 Re: Who ya got? - 01/05/13 08:58 PM
Quote:

IMO the Colts magic season gets a BIG reality check today 35-13 Ratbirds..As much as I hate to say it

Wouldn't shock me if the score was worse.

Ray Lewis last game in Baltimore? The Ravens are going to give Indy a merciless beat down.
Posted By: Pepper52 Re: Who ya got? - 01/05/13 09:00 PM
I agree 100%
Posted By: PitDAWG Re: Who ya got? - 01/05/13 09:30 PM
Indy's HC coming back from cancer is just as much of a motivator if not more than anything Ray Ray says or does.

That's a two way street.

The Rats D is old and long in the tooth so we'll see......
Posted By: YTownBrownsFan Re: Who ya got? - 01/06/13 12:11 AM
Just a comment:

Joe Webb will start at QB for the Vikings as Christian Ponder is out with an injury.

Anyone wanting to change their pick should do so now ....... lol

The Texans are playing better than I thought they would. (or the Bengals are playing worse)
Posted By: JulesDawg Re: Who ya got? - 01/06/13 12:41 AM
I always find that so many Browns fans on this board overestimate the Bengals. We watch them often, and they have not been a very good team for the last two years, contrary to popular opinion. They somehow get in and get beat by a team who will lose in the next round once again.
Posted By: YTownBrownsFan Re: Who ya got? - 01/06/13 12:46 AM
I think that I underestimated the Texans more than I overestimated the Bengals.

The Texans had been playing pretty badly ..... then they managed to turn it around somewhat today.
Posted By: Fox&Hound7 Re: Who ya got? - 01/06/13 12:48 AM
Quote:

I always find that so many Browns fans on this board overestimate the Bengals. We watch them often, and they have not been a very good team for the last two years, contrary to popular opinion. They somehow get in and get beat by a team who will lose in the next round once again.

I don't think it's a matter of us overestimating the Bengals. It was initial belief that since the Texans were struggling going into this game, by default some of us picked the Bengals. To each their own, though.

Joe Webb starting for the Vikes... Yep. Packers are gonna destroy them.
Posted By: JulesDawg Re: Who ya got? - 01/06/13 12:55 AM
That's an odd thing for you and YTown to say, as the Texans did not play well either. A rather poor performer won against a worst team....and they almost gave it away. You all act like the Texans played well and that's why the Bengals lost. Not the case from the game I watched.
Posted By: brownsfansince79 Re: Who ya got? - 01/06/13 12:58 AM
I've said this season that the Bengals were fool's gold. But, like others said, I thought they'd win not because they're any good, but because Houston would give it away.
Posted By: Fox&Hound7 Re: Who ya got? - 01/06/13 01:00 AM
Quote:

That's an odd thing for you and YTown to say, as the Texans did not play well either. A rather poor performer won against a worst team....and they almost gave it away. You all act like the Texans played well and that's why the Bengals lost. Not the case from the game I watched.

Neither of us said the Texans played lights out against Cincy. We're just saying that we picked the Bengals to win because the Texans haven't been showing us anything at the end of the regular season. I'm not acting like the Texans played stellar at all.
Posted By: DawgMichelle Re: Who ya got? - 01/06/13 01:11 AM
For some odd reason some Browns fans actually seem to LIKE the Bengals but they won't admit it. Personally, I couldn't be happier about the outcome of that game.
Posted By: NickBrownsFan Re: Who ya got? - 01/06/13 01:18 AM
Quote:

I've said this season that the Bengals were fool's gold. But, like others said, I thought they'd win not because they're any good, but because Houston would give it away.

I was actually amazed at the amount of people picking Cinci and Indy. I had GB as my whitewash game but that was before knowing webb would play. It could only be a big victory now.
Posted By: YTownBrownsFan Re: Who ya got? - 01/06/13 04:26 AM
Cincy ended the year winning 3 in a row, and 6 of their last 7.

Houston ended the year losing 3 of their last 4. (all ugly losses, of 12, 17, and 28 points ...... but all to playoff teams)
Posted By: Psydeffect Re: Who ya got? - 01/06/13 06:37 AM
Quote:

Agree totally, that game put me to sleep before the third quarter was over.
Posted By: NickBrownsFan Re: Who ya got? - 01/06/13 06:46 AM
which should tell you Cinci isnt a playoff team
Posted By: PitDAWG Re: Who ya got? - 01/06/13 08:40 AM
Quote:

I think that I underestimated the Texans more than I overestimated the Bengals.

The Texans had been playing pretty badly ..... then they managed to turn it around somewhat today.

Exactly. Obviously some don't tend to look on both sides of the ball. Since week 13, the only time the Texans held anyone to under 23 points was Indy at 17 and Indy came back to beat them in week 17 with 28 points.

And people seem to refuse to look at how well Cincy's D has been playing lately. They also seem to forget that the Giants had a very average season at best but were riding into the playoffs as a wild card. But they had a great streak and momentum going into the playoffs.

Because of that, they went on to win the SB. To think the Bengals could have ever made it that far is totaly out of the question. But it has been proven that a lesser team with momentum against a better team in a slump can go either way.

And of course there must be finger pointing and accusations of some other alterior motive than that for picking them.

Posted By: JulesDawg Re: Who ya got? - 01/06/13 01:44 PM
Quote:

Cincy ended the year winning 3 in a row, and 6 of their last 7.

Yes, I saw them, and thought they looked like crap doing it. It was pretty obvious they would once again be one and done.
Posted By: JulesDawg Re: Who ya got? - 01/06/13 01:46 PM
Quote:

And of course there must be finger pointing and accusations of some other alterior motive than that for picking them.

I didn't realize that saying that some seem to overestimate the Bengals every year constitutes finger pointing and accusations.
Posted By: Tulsa Re: Who ya got? - 01/06/13 02:38 PM
Current Standings...

Two Correct (by group)

Texans - Packers - Colts - Seahawks
OSGuy
DeisleDawg
JulesDawg

Texans - Packers - Ravens - Seahawks
no_logo_required
hasugopher
Dawgs4Life
NickBrownsFan

Texans - Packers - Ravens - Redskins
Pepper52
Psydeffect
Dave

Texans - Packers - Colts - Redskins
Tulsa
keys-bow-wow
Punchsmack

One Correct (by group)

Texans - Vikings - Ravens - Redskins
Spergon FTWynn

Bengals - Packers - Ravens - Redskins
YTownBrownsFan
Fox&Hound7

Bengals - Packers - Ravens - Seahawks
Kendall Storm
candyman92

Bengals - Packers - Colts - Seahawks
Brownsfansince79
PitDAWG

None correct

Bengals - Vikings - Colts - Seahawks
jaybird

Bengals - Vikings - Ravens - Redskins
Mourgrym
Posted By: DawgMichelle Re: Who ya got? - 01/06/13 02:47 PM
Quote:

Of course. I picked the Bengals to win plenty of games this season....but historically, they stink it up in the playoffs and tradition stuck last night.

What's funny is that to take shots at me, you replied to another poster. Neato.
Posted By: NickBrownsFan Re: Who ya got? - 01/06/13 03:01 PM
thanks for the update but you need to move me down 1 group.

Quote:

Baltimore beats the Colts because of experence. Luck is good hes done some great things but B-More has been here before.

Posted By: Tulsa Re: Who ya got? - 01/06/13 03:47 PM
Fixed it, thanks.
Posted By: no_logo_required Re: Who ya got? - 01/07/13 01:30 AM
Quote:

this seems like the easiest wild card weekend in a long time. probably means it will go crazy.

houston
green bay
seattle

Posted By: NickBrownsFan Re: Who ya got? - 01/07/13 01:44 AM
Quote:

Quote:

houston
green bay
seattle

Nice interesting that the most in any group was 4 and that was the winning group.
Posted By: brownsfansince79 Re: Who ya got? - 01/07/13 02:16 AM
Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

houston
green bay
seattle

Nice interesting that the most in any group was 4 and that was the winning group.

Question: what?
Posted By: NickBrownsFan Re: Who ya got? - 01/07/13 02:38 AM
sorry of all the groupings of picks 4 people had the correct 4 answers which was the most people in any of the groups listed.
Posted By: PitDAWG Re: Who ya got? - 01/07/13 09:45 AM
Quote:

I try to be innovative.

Besides, any way it goes you would tell each other about it and which ever one posted it to begin with will always get the message.

Posted By: ThatGuy Re: Who ya got? - 01/07/13 11:15 AM
Quote:

Current Standings...

Two Correct (by group)

OSGuy
DeisleDawg
JulesDawg

Texans - Packers - Ravens - Seahawks
no_logo_required
hasugopher
Dawgs4Life
NickBrownsFan

Texans - Packers - Ravens - Redskins
Pepper52
Psydeffect
Dave

Texans - Packers - Colts - Redskins
Tulsa
keys-bow-wow
Punchsmack

One Correct (by group)

Texans - Vikings - Ravens - Redskins
Spergon FTWynn

Bengals - Packers - Ravens - Redskins
YTownBrownsFan
Fox&Hound7

Bengals - Packers - Ravens - Seahawks
Kendall Storm
candyman92

Bengals - Packers - Colts - Seahawks
Brownsfansince79
PitDAWG

None correct

jaybird

Bengals - Vikings - Ravens - Redskins
Mourgrym

you might wanna check your math on some of those...
Posted By: Tulsa Re: Who ya got? - 01/07/13 12:37 PM
my math?
Posted By: DawgMichelle Re: Who ya got? - 01/07/13 02:28 PM
Quote:

Quote:

I try to be innovative.

Besides, any way it goes you would tell each other about it and which ever one posted it to begin with will always get the message.

I have no idea what you're talking about here, Pit. It's okay, though...I'm going to take my ball and go home. We'll have to postpone our game for another day.
Posted By: ThatGuy Re: Who ya got? - 01/07/13 04:57 PM
Quote:

my math?

For example.

Quote:

Two Correct (by group)

OSGuy
DeisleDawg
JulesDawg

The Texans, Packers, and Seahawks won... So how is that "Two Correct" ?

Or

Quote:

None correct

jaybird

Seahawks won, so how is that none?

Or am I missing something?
Posted By: clevesteve Re: Who ya got? - 01/07/13 04:59 PM
you might wanna check your timestamps on that one...
Posted By: ThatGuy Re: Who ya got? - 01/07/13 05:01 PM
Quote:

you might wanna check your timestamps on that one...

Posted By: candyman92 Re: Who ya got? - 01/07/13 05:31 PM
I've got the Falcons and Packers in the NFC.

The AFC is a complete toss up
Posted By: ThatGuy Re: Who ya got? - 01/07/13 05:41 PM
I think Seattle can beat Atlanta.

Green Bay will route SF because Rodgers is playing out of his mind and I think the Capernick experiment will fail horribly...

Denver routes Baltimore.

And I HOPE Houston gets revenge against New England, but doubt it.
Posted By: Tulsa Re: Who ya got? - 01/07/13 05:59 PM
Thank you.
Posted By: YTownBrownsFan Re: Who ya got? - 01/07/13 06:32 PM
I agree. Seattle convinced me on a really lousy field that they can play with anyone.

I think that Seattle can go into Atlanta and beat the Falcons. Given the Falcons history in the playoffs makes this seem to be a safer bet.
Posted By: no_logo_required Re: Who ya got? - 01/07/13 06:48 PM
Quote:

Green Bay will route SF because Rodgers is playing out of his mind and I think the Capernick experiment will fail horribly...

Denver routes Baltimore.

Kaepernick, but you summed up my feelings perfectly as well. I think ATL wins, but Seattle sure can give them a battle and I'd call it a complete tossup (even in Atlanta - I'd go Seattle for sure if it was in Washington).
Posted By: Punchsmack Re: Who ya got? - 01/07/13 08:27 PM
Saturday
Ravens @ Broncos
Packers @ 49ers

Sunday
Seahawks @ Falcons
Texans @ Patriots

As convincingly as they beat the Colts, I still think the Ravens are a total mess. The media-driven "Manning MVP storyline" kicks back into 6th gear as soon as the RG3/Shanny blame game stops. We'll all remember how freaking great Peyton was and is and he demonstrates why all over Flacco's chin. Bronc's put it away late in the 3rd Quarter.

I think the Packers will bounce back after that regular season 49ers beatdown and a demonstrate what a real QB means in the playoffs. The Packers offense plays better on the road...and they will beat the 49ers. THe score will appear close, but the Packers will control the whole game.

Until the Falcons win, they are paper champs in the playoffs. I feel like they're still missing something on that team. The Seachickens seem to know how to win pretty, ugly or any way. I think the game is close in the 4th and the Falcons make a mistake to lose.

The Patriots are the Patriots. They win. Schaub doesn't have what it takes to beat Brady in NE. Sorry Texans fans, you lose and lose BIG.
Posted By: brownsfansince79 Re: Who ya got? - 01/07/13 08:34 PM
I'm going to go totally opposite of you, except for the Patriots. I don't see Houston winning that game.

I think the Rats will beat the Broncos, and it won't even be close. Manning just looks like the week off hurt him.

I think the 49ers stomp the Packers because the Packers D can't do crap.

I think the Falcons finally shake the curse and win, and win big.

So, considering how good I am at this, that pretty much guarantees that the Texans, Broncos, Packers and Seahawks win in routes.
Posted By: keys_bow_wow Re: Who ya got? - 01/07/13 09:03 PM
Falcons and Packers in the NFC

Pats and Donks in the AFC
Posted By: Heldawg Re: Who ya got? - 01/07/13 09:11 PM
I like the 49ers to win it all this year.
Posted By: no_logo_required Re: Who ya got? - 01/07/13 09:39 PM
Quote:

i'm picking Packers over Broncos in the SB, but interested to know who you think will be starting the SB for them in your scenario
Posted By: YTownBrownsFan Re: Who ya got? - 01/07/13 09:50 PM
I see a Seahawks/Patriots Super Bowl, with the Pats winning it all.
Posted By: no_logo_required Re: Who ya got? - 01/07/13 09:53 PM
Quote:

Quote:

i'm picking Packers over Broncos in the SB, but interested to know who you think will be starting the SB for them in your scenario

this after calling in the preseason Texans over Falcons. I wish I could still see those teams making it there. hey, they both made it to the 2nd playoff weekend at least.
Posted By: Fox&Hound7 Re: Who ya got? - 01/07/13 10:02 PM
Patriots
Donkeys... uh... Broncos
Packers
Seahawks
Posted By: candyman92 Re: Who ya got? - 01/07/13 10:22 PM
So I've made my picks:

Atlanta
Green Bay
Baltimore
New England
Posted By: YTownBrownsFan Re: Who ya got? - 01/07/13 10:24 PM
I have:

Green Bay
Seattle
New England
Denver
Posted By: no_logo_required Re: Who ya got? - 01/07/13 10:27 PM
Quote:

Quote:

Denver routes Baltimore.

Kaepernick, but you summed up my feelings perfectly as well. I think ATL wins, but Seattle sure can give them a battle and I'd call it a complete tossup (even in Atlanta - I'd go Seattle for sure if it was in Washington).

just to make sure it's clear who I picked:

ATL (in a tossup)
GB
Denver
NE
Posted By: Adam_P Re: Who ya got? - 01/07/13 10:27 PM
Pats
Broncos
Packers
Falcons
Posted By: Heldawg Re: Who ya got? - 01/07/13 10:58 PM
I'm surprised so many think the Packers are going to win this weekend.

The 49ers beat the Packers at Lambeau with Alex Smith at the helm earlier this year.

They can stop the Packers running game with their front 7 no problem. And the Packers OL is going to have a whale of a time handling the niners pass rush. And the Packers defense has all kinds of issues.

What am I missing here?
Posted By: clevesteve Re: Who ya got? - 01/07/13 11:00 PM
Greg Jennings and Jordy Nelson are healthy and James Jones is having his best year ever, maybe?

I don't have a good feel for who will win, but the Niners haven't exactly looked great since Kaepernick's novelty wore off. A lot of times a QB comes off the bench and looks great at first until people catch on to what he is good at ("Tommy Maddox is lightning in a bottle.") It should be a fun game.
Posted By: YTownBrownsFan Re: Who ya got? - 01/07/13 11:04 PM
It seems like every year there is a team that collapses after having the bye week off.

New England has a great coach and a great veteran QB. They have the leadership to prevent it from happening.

Denver had a determined Peyton Manning, and if I'm not mistaken, he can relate a cautionary tale about coming off the bye only to get bounced.

Atlanta should be ready, but I think that Seattle is just a little better right now .... especially if weather is not a concern. Green Bay and San Fran are fairly close as well, but when in doubt, go with the better QB, and he resides in Green Bay.
Posted By: candyman92 Re: Who ya got? - 01/07/13 11:11 PM
Quote:

I'm surprised so many think the Packers are going to win this weekend.

The 49ers beat the Packers at Lambeau with Alex Smith at the helm earlier this year.

They can stop the Packers running game with their front 7 no problem. And the Packers OL is going to have a whale of a time handling the niners pass rush. And the Packers defense has all kinds of issues.

What am I missing here?

I think Aaron Rodgers will have his usual monster performance
Posted By: no_logo_required Re: Who ya got? - 01/07/13 11:13 PM
SF and GB played in week1. That is a lifetime ago in NFL terms.
Rodgers has been excellent all year but particularly the last month.
GB's run game is throwing it to Harris, Cobb, and Kuhn.

The Packers defense has held 11 opponents to 20pts or fewer this year including 5 of their last 6. Woodson is back. The NFL is all about who has momentum and is playing well. GB has it and is.

Maybe the 49ers take care of the Packers, but based on how they have been playing, I think GB has a good shot to win. Perhaps watching SF get trounced by Seattle is too fresh in my mind though. We'll see. That's why it's fun.
Posted By: Haus Re: Who ya got? - 01/08/13 12:50 AM
I swear I'm not trying to jack your picks, but I have had Pats/Packers as my preseason SB pick for the last 2 seasons, and I don't really see any reason to change now. Pats/Donks next week might make me reconsider though... we'll see.

Really want to pick Seattle for a lot of reasons, and probably would, but Clemons down with an ACL tear puts a damper on that. Tough to go against Seattle because they have been the best team in the NFL down the stretch, but you don't get the #1 seed in the NFL on accident, Mike Smith is an underrated head coach, and the 4th time's the charm

No chance I'm going to pick against Manning and Brady at home in the playoffs.

Broncos
Packers
Falcons
Patriots
Posted By: no_logo_required Re: Who ya got? - 01/08/13 02:31 AM
yeah, I've had Falcons v. Texans since the preseason and while Houston might be able to beat either Peyton or Brady, I don't see them going through both especially on the road.
Posted By: brownsfansince79 Re: Who ya got? - 01/08/13 02:32 AM
j/c

To be clear:

Patriots
Ravens
49ers
Falcons
Posted By: NickBrownsFan Re: Who ya got? - 01/08/13 05:17 AM
New England wins no problems. Houston is a good team but they have no confidence even after the win. Pick NE

While Baltimore once beat manning it wont happen this time. Manning and the thin air are to much for them. Pick Denver.

Rodgers enjoys a trip to the coast where 60 degree weather is warm.
Pick Packers

The Hawks are flying high but Falcons eat birds.
Pick Falcons.

Just to be clear

NE
Denver
GB
Atlanta.

Should be some good games my blow out game is New England this week.
Posted By: Spergon FTWynn Re: Who ya got? - 01/08/13 05:10 PM
Quote:

Saturday
Ravens @ Broncos
Packers @ 49ers

Sunday
Seahawks @ Falcons
Texans @ Patriots

Broncos, gotta run with the chalk here. Manning with the Denver crowd. We'll find out what Flacco is made of when he sees this defense.

I see no reason why the Patriots don't win easily over Houston. Maybe they come out rusty after the bye?

49'er/Packers is the toughest call. Somehow I think SF has the better chance if they started Alex Smith. I think GB wins.

Seahawks win again!
Posted By: clwb419 Re: Who ya got? - 01/09/13 08:04 PM
Denver
San Fran
New England
Seattle
Posted By: Dave Re: Who ya got? - 01/09/13 09:04 PM
Denver
Green Bay
New England
Atlanta
Posted By: Browns Lifer Re: Who ya got? - 01/09/13 09:12 PM
Donks
Pack
Falcons
Pats
Posted By: ThatGuy Re: Who ya got? - 01/09/13 11:14 PM
What I hope happens:

Denver blows out Baltimore. Houston wins a hard fought game against New England, setting up Manning vs Houston as the Texans look to avenge years of division dominance.

GB wins by two TDs in a game that wasn't that close, Harbaugh oppoligizes to Alex Smith. Seattle blows out Atlanta, setting up a MNF "Fail Mary" rematch.

What I think will happen.
Denver and NE win going away.
GB and Atlanta win tough games.
Posted By: PitDAWG Re: Who ya got? - 01/10/13 09:28 AM
Saturday
Ravens @ Broncos Broncos
Packers @ 49ers Packers

Sunday
Seahawks @ Falcons Seahawks
Texans @ Patriots Patriots
Posted By: Psydeffect Re: Who ya got? - 01/10/13 11:54 PM
Broncos
Packers
Falcons
Patriots
Posted By: jaybird Re: Who ya got? - 01/11/13 08:51 PM
Going with my heart today!

Rats (man I hate saying that but I really want the Donks to lose and Manning historically is not great in cold weather).

49ers (though I'm leaning towards the Pack - but I'll stick with 49ers... defense is crazy and their offense is starting to get going)

Seahawks (Atlanta loses in playoffs... again... though another cross country trip is pretty hard to do I think the Hawks match up well)

Texans (I'm going for the big upset... sick of Brady... sick of Pat fans... Foster I think is going to have a monster game)

I'll probably be totally wrong, but that's what I'm going with.
Posted By: YTownBrownsFan Re: Who ya got? - 01/11/13 09:32 PM
Manning has beaten the Ravens 9 times in a row.

Just saying .......

I hope he makes it 10 in a row because of 2 things .....

#1, I don't even want to see have a fluke of a chance at getting to the Super Bowl.

#2, I think that a Pats/Donks game could be really, really good.

Combine that with a Green Bay/Seattle NFC Championship game in the NFC side, and it would be like 3 Super Bowls in a row.
Posted By: no_logo_required Re: Who ya got? - 01/11/13 09:37 PM
crazy that you went Balt over Denver and Houston over NE despite the regular season trouncings that went the other way.

so crazy that it just might work
Posted By: Tulsa Re: Who ya got? - 01/12/13 12:12 AM
Quote:

Saturday
Ravens @ Broncos Broncos
Packers @ 49ers Packers

Sunday
Seahawks @ Falcons Seahawks
Texans @ Patriots Patriots

This one works for me.
Posted By: jaybird Re: Who ya got? - 01/12/13 01:02 AM
Quote:

crazy that you went Balt over Denver and Houston over NE despite the regular season trouncings that went the other way.

so crazy that it just might work

a guy can dream

If both Balt and Houston win I get to go to the AFC Champ game here in Houston

Odds are pretty long... but Baltimore is playing for Ray and Houston plays pretty well as a major underdog and I think Foster is due for a huge game.

we'll see... I'm probably wrong...
Posted By: jfanent Re: Who ya got? - 01/12/13 01:27 AM
I just heard on the radio how poorly Manning performs in cold weather....and the prediction is for 18 degrees at gametime. You just might get that one.
Posted By: NickBrownsFan Re: Who ya got? - 01/12/13 02:05 AM
I also just heard on ESPN that teams playing a rematch in the postseason after getting blown out in the reg season are 11-11 in the rematch game. So pretty good chance 1 of them gets through. Im not banking on it but there is hope for those that are looking for some.
Posted By: JPPT1974 Re: Who ya got? - 01/12/13 02:44 AM
Manning performing badly with cold weather. Could help out the Ravens a lot. Since they do play in cold weather a lot!

Expect the Packers to beat the 49ers.

Falcons to do in the Seahawks.

And Patriots as usual at home, to do in the Texans. Though the Texans IMHO will show up this time unlike last time.
Posted By: DeisleDawg Re: Who ya got? - 01/12/13 03:28 PM
Ravens
49ers
^ ^ ^
Would be an interesting SB match up imo.

Seahawks
Texans
Posted By: Milk Man Re: Who ya got? - 01/12/13 04:51 PM
j/c...

Broncos
Packers
Falcons
Patriots
Posted By: Dawgs4Life Re: Who ya got? - 01/12/13 08:12 PM
Broncos 27
Ravens 20

Green Bay 24
San Francisco 23

Atlanta 30
Seattle 21

New England 31
Houston 24
Posted By: OverToad Re: Who ya got? - 01/12/13 09:06 PM
Quote:

I just heard on the radio how poorly Manning performs in cold weather....and the prediction is for 18 degrees at gametime. You just might get that one.

We've been talking about this one all week at work.

Manning's numbers traditionally have gone down outside, and even more in cold weather. Now that his arm is not as strong as it used to be, if the Donks don't have much of a run-game and they have to rely on Manning, they could be doomed.

As for the Niners, I have to admit I really can't stand Harbaugh. I would love nothing more than to see Kaepernick come out and lay a serious egg, if only to watch the media pounce on Harbaugh for switching from Smith.

Posted By: candyman92 Re: Who ya got? - 01/13/13 11:39 PM
Quote:

j/c

To be clear:

Patriots
Ravens
49ers
Falcons

Looking good so far!
Posted By: Haus Re: Who ya got? - 01/13/13 11:58 PM
I would still pick Denver 10 out of 10 times vs Baltimore, but I feel kind of foolish for not picking San Fran. not making that mistake again

49ers vs Patriots Super Bowl
Posted By: Adam_P Re: Who ya got? - 01/14/13 12:02 AM
ditto
Posted By: GraffZ06 Re: Who ya got? - 01/14/13 02:01 AM
I have yet to figure out how both Seattle and Denver managed to lose their games when they both had the lead with 30 seconds (or less) to go. :smh: Just amazing.

I had Den/NE/Sea/SF in the final 4. Down to SF/NE in the SB. That will be an epic rematch of the game in New England in December.

Kaepernick v. Brady will sure be fun to watch if you like offense.
Posted By: Spergon FTWynn Re: Who ya got? - 01/14/13 02:29 AM
2 coaching decisions that really made me scratch my head.

Mike Smith, the kicker, or the special teams coach opting to squib it 10 yards down the field with time still on the clock, up 2. Huh? They moved the line up last year, you're in a dome, freaking blast that thing.

Houston clawing back into the game late, they score to get within 12, and instead of just kicking the XP to get within 11 (TD+2pt+FG ties game) they opt to go for 2 to get it to 10. They converted, and it didn't matter, and they never got closer, so that didn't matter either, but I just wonder the thinking behind that. Isn't that what those little Waffle House charts tell them?

PS, Gary Kubiak should be fired for some of the calls he made in that game. Awful.
Posted By: PitDAWG Re: Who ya got? - 01/20/13 06:53 PM
Pats
49'ers
Posted By: candyman92 Re: Who ya got? - 01/20/13 07:01 PM
49ers and Ravens will win today
Posted By: YTownBrownsFan Re: Who ya got? - 01/20/13 07:17 PM
I have the Pats and Falcons .... which means that the Ravens and Niners are going to the Super Bowl. lol
Posted By: candyman92 Re: Who ya got? - 01/20/13 07:19 PM
Quote:

I have the Pats and Falcons .... which means that the Ravens and Niners are going to the Super Bowl. lol

Unfortunately teams I hate the most have a tendency of winning. Thus why I picked who I picked.
Posted By: Ballpeen Re: Who ya got? - 01/20/13 07:55 PM
All bird SB....Falcons/Ravens.

At least that is who I am pulling for.
Posted By: Tulsa Re: Who ya got? - 01/20/13 08:03 PM
Falcons
Pats
Posted By: brownsfansince79 Re: Who ya got? - 01/20/13 09:11 PM
Quote:

49ers and Ravens will win today

My opinion, too.
Posted By: Haus Re: Who ya got? - 01/20/13 09:21 PM
I would be surprised if the Ravens won later. Ravens/Pats played earlier this season, my recollection was that it was one of those games that just about everything went right for Baltimore and it still came down to a questionable field goal at the end and that was in Baltimore. That was also before NE shuffled around its secondary with McCourty at FS and Talib/Dennard as press corners. That is important as Baltimore is pretty reliant on a deep passing game, and has historically been a Pats weakness.

Pats win and cover (-7.5). >7 spread seems extreme but that's also partly due to the Belichick effect. NE runs the most plays in the league and Belichick also notoriously aggressive at the ends of games when winning.
Posted By: Haus Re: Who ya got? - 01/21/13 03:38 AM
Ravens keep making me look bad

Might as well try one more time... San Fran in Super Bowl
Posted By: YTownBrownsFan Re: Who ya got? - 01/21/13 04:29 AM
The Rats will win one for Ray Ray ........ and we'll be subjected to a month's worth of stories following the Super Bowl that will make watching any sports coverage impossible.
Posted By: Heldawg Re: Who ya got? - 01/21/13 09:31 PM
Quote:

This prediction is starting to look pretty good.

Does anyone know of a good chiropractor? My shoulder just went out trying to pat myself on the back.
Posted By: candyman92 Re: Who ya got? - 02/02/13 05:48 AM
Crazy how lucky I've been to only have two picks wrong in the playoffs. I will never do better than this year.

My final prediction

Ravens 27
49ers 24
Posted By: no_logo_required Re: Who ya got? - 02/02/13 01:29 PM
that's your third wrong prediction (and likely your fourth as I think you'll have better years ahead):

SF 41
Bal 24
Posted By: Damanshot Re: Who ya got? - 02/02/13 06:14 PM
Quote:

that's your third wrong prediction (and likely your fourth as I think you'll have better years ahead):

SF 41
Bal 24

well, I don't know who will win, but I am hoping the 49ers..

as always, my favorite team is whoever is playing the ravens
Posted By: YTownBrownsFan Re: Who ya got? - 02/02/13 07:49 PM
Quote:

Quote:

SF 41
Bal 24

well, I don't know who will win, but I am hoping the 49ers..

as always, my favorite team is whoever is playing the ravens

Ditto on most of that.

I think that the damned Ravens will win though, 28-17.
© DawgTalkers.net