DawgTalkers.net
Posted By: Dawgs4Life Postgame Thoughts - 08/09/19 02:45 AM
-FIrst team offense (minus the two WRs of course) was on point. Baker looked crisp ... good pace/temp ... good usage of Hilliard

- Higgins continues to impress ... he’s really coming into his own

- Callaway had a few nice plays as well (including what SHOULD have been a TD)

- Myles Garrett legit was held every play ... and is not blockable ... he’s a PROBLEM

- Mack WIlson of course was ON FIRE ... he’s so good in coverage (and seems very instinctual as well)

- Greedy had the one bad mistake on the TD, but made up for it a bit

- Corbett ... still in the game the last freaking drive ... with a penalty

- GUISEPPE haha .. just an awesome moment! Love that. Maybe he sticks?

- Both kickers looked much better than anticipated ... and then the bad XP

- Freddie was ANGRY with Hilliard and the sloppiness of the O before half. Good.

- We gave away like 17 points tonight and still won by 3 scores

- Haskins looked okay, but had some very bad plays

- I feel more comfortable with Gilbert than with Stanton

- More to come!

(And no major injuries IIRC)
Posted By: CleVeLaNd_sTrife Re: Postgame Thoughts - 08/09/19 02:52 AM
-Baker is the real deal.

-How in the WORLD did Mack Wilson fall to the 5th? Is it true that he has 5 INT and 4 INT TD's in the last 4 days? That is insane!

-How in the WORLD did Greedy Williams fall to the second (and can tackle)?

-Higgins is underrated and has earned the name Hollywood.

-The defense looked pretty solid overall with the exception of that one blown coverage ( Is that on Redwine or Williams?).

-Our D line is the real deal.

-Callaway was robbed on that TD.

-Gilbert should be our #2 QB.

-Hyman should pack his bags now.

-Backup RB is a bit of a concern.

-OL depth is a bit of a concern.

-Without the turnovers we would have scored 50.
Posted By: CalDawg Re: Postgame Thoughts - 08/09/19 03:10 AM
I'll do everyone a favor and won't repeat what's already been commented on.

Dynamic and active on both sides of the ball.

I don't like that offset delayed run play, even though it worked twice. Looks like a disaster waiting to happen.

Lawrence is a beast.

I'll say it again, Wilson and Greedy may be the steals of the draft.

I really like Higgins, Strong as our 3 & 4.

Our #1 O-line did well protecting Baker and opening holes.

It may be hard for Greedy to unseat Mitchell, he's really good.

I want to dump Stanton and go with the young QBs but the argument will be you need a veteran in the locker room. I suppose that's right, but I hate giving up talent for experience.

I don' think there's any question Freddie is going to be a good HC. I love that he was on the refs for taking so much time with the replay. I also love that he doesn't let anything slide.

This team is going to be a blast to watch.

Posted By: KashDawg Re: Postgame Thoughts - 08/09/19 03:30 AM
Didn't get to see the1st half yet, so cannot comment on that.

-Mack Wilson looks like the real deal. That 2nd interception was beautiful. Great read on the ball and great extension to get the INT. Lets hope this production continues, because if it does, Dorsey found a freaking gem.

-Gilbert looks serviceable. He can make the team as the #3 but no way he takes Stantons job. Stanton is too important to Baker and his development.

-I really love Freddie. Time will tell whether or not his way works, but I love what I have seen thus far.

-Hilliard needs to work on his craft. He did some great things but the fumble and missed blitz pickups are no bueno. If he is our Duke replacement, he needs some tough love and some coaching.

-Higgins was fantastic. I heard the commentators say he could be the #1 on many teams, but I don't see that. He is just a reliable route running and catching addition to this all star receiving cast

-I was unexpectedly encouraged by Gilbert as the 3rd QB He made some nice reads and throws.

-Our defense looks great. Love how Wilks is using the players skillset. He will get another coaching opportunityvery soon.

Brain dump. Im going back to lurking now lol.
Posted By: GratefulDawg Re: Postgame Thoughts - 08/09/19 03:30 AM
Posted By: W84NxtYrAgain Re: Postgame Thoughts - 08/09/19 04:36 AM
I have been waiting to see Damon Sheehy-Guiseppi return a kick. I think he earned another chance.
Posted By: VarmintKong Re: Postgame Thoughts - 08/09/19 04:49 AM
Thinking about the wideouts. I see the corps as Beckham, Landry, Higgins, and Callaway. That's 4 . Are there 6 spots available? I like Jeep Willies, he's long, but Strong seems to have a little more versatility. Jeep runs middle routes down the field, while Strong runs right through the linebackers kitchen. I also noticed Strong is a willing and able blocker. There was a play late first or early second where he motioned tight to the line and cut inside of the TE to spring a solid run.

Safeties always make me nervous. I feel that there is a focus on spreading the field where YAC is needed to earn the line to gain. The front 7 is stetched out horizontally, so there has to be an option intermediate to deep if the pressure can't reach. I won't rag on Redwine as it looked like he was supposed to cover the flat on the miscommunication T.D. I was bummed that Murray couldn't keep up with #19 and had to interfere on the deep ball down the middle; instead of hooking the elbow punch it from behind.

I thought the knock on Greedy was that he wasn't physical. He came up for a nice stop on an off tackle run.

Man, Gilbert stared down every receiver he threw to early, but seemed to find a rhythm later on.
Posted By: Pdawg Re: Postgame Thoughts - 08/09/19 04:58 AM
I’ll skip the 1st string and get to the twos. Chad Thomas was very disruptive. Lawrence is a beast. I wasn’t impressed with Davis and Ray was awful. Takitaki hustles but seemed to get out of position. Mack Wilson has excellent instincts. Greedy actually tackled. He made a huge mistake but made up for it later on.

Offensively Strong looked very good. Willies not so much. Higgins looks like a starter. Calloway had a very good game as well. Staton is erratic, Gilbert wasn’t very decisive, at least early on. Kush outplayed Corrbit.
Posted By: SaintDawg Re: Postgame Thoughts - 08/09/19 05:05 AM
Originally Posted By: CalDawg
I want to dump Stanton and go with the young QBs but the argument will be you need a veteran in the locker room. I suppose that's right, but I hate giving up talent for experience.

This is where I'm at. I'm big wondering if I want the extra roster space
Posted By: VarmintKong Re: Postgame Thoughts - 08/09/19 06:08 AM
Originally Posted By: Pdawg
Lawrence is a beast... Kush outplayed Corrbit.

The center blew his assignment and gave Lawrence a free pass. I was impressed when he ran down Haskins from behind.

I've heard Kush has been getting first team reps over Corbett. What did you notice during the game?
Posted By: DiamDawg Re: Postgame Thoughts - 08/09/19 08:25 AM
Kush started at RG ,,, Corbett didn’t take a snap at RG he played center all night ...

But that don’t matter none ... Corbett’s #1 on the depth chart ... just ask Pit ... naughtydevil
Posted By: Ballpeen Re: Postgame Thoughts - 08/09/19 09:29 AM
Originally Posted By: SaintDawg

Naa….keep Stanton this year, Gilbert at 3....you carry 3 QB's,,,,Blough to the practice squad.
Posted By: Versatile Dog Re: Postgame Thoughts - 08/09/19 09:34 AM
I will comment more after I watch the entire game, but I was able to see the first drive by both teams and Washington's first scoring drive because there was a lightning delay in the New York game and NFL Network showed those three drives of our game.

--Baker looked very sharp. Accurate passes. Good velocity. Moved well in the pocket.

--The OL game him a lot of time--and room--to throw. That was very encouraging.

--Higgins and Strong looked very good.

--Chubb had a nice move and finished the run w/power.

--Myles was quick off the snap.

--Thomas had a nice play and Greedy made a nice tackle.

--Coverage was spotty.

--I think there was a miscommunication between Greedy and the safety on the TD.
Posted By: Dawgs4Life Re: Postgame Thoughts - 08/09/19 09:58 AM
- just watching some clips ... Redwine was a bit lost it appeared

- Murray was very shaky with some poor angles/reads

- Chad Thomas WAS much improved based on last night

- Willies didn’t show anything.... it looked like he missed the first play of the game
Posted By: Ballpeen Re: Postgame Thoughts - 08/09/19 10:06 AM
I didn't see the game, just highlights online....overall, a nice start.
Posted By: OldColdDawg Re: Postgame Thoughts - 08/09/19 11:23 AM
I'm not comfortable with the kickers. If we go into this season with Joseph as our kicker, you can almost count on it costing us a game or more.
Posted By: CalDawg Re: Postgame Thoughts - 08/09/19 11:43 AM
Originally Posted By: Ballpeen
Originally Posted By: SaintDawg

Naa….keep Stanton this year, Gilbert at 3....you carry 3 QB's,,,,Blough to the practice squad.

^I think this is what will likely happen. However, Stanton only brings me confidence while sitting in the film room next to the other QBs. On the field, not so much.
Posted By: CalDawg Re: Postgame Thoughts - 08/09/19 11:49 AM
Originally Posted By: OldColdDawg
I'm not comfortable with the kickers. If we go into this season with Joseph as our kicker, you can almost count on it costing us a game or more.

I agree, it's ridiculous how inconsistent he is. There is no excuse for a pro to miss an extra point unless there's a problem with the snap, but at first glance, it looked clean, and it hit off the upright, so he got the kick off. The disconnect must be between his ears. I don't know if you can fix that. You're right, if he's our kicker, we're in trouble.
Posted By: MemphisBrownie Re: Postgame Thoughts - 08/09/19 11:55 AM
Quote:
Corbett ... still in the game the last freaking drive ... with a penalty

This is why it makes far more sense to take what you see in practice (four straight days of Kush with the first team) far more seriously than a social media intern churning up a depth chart to share on twitter.

Posted By: Bard Dawg Re: Postgame Thoughts - 08/09/19 11:58 AM
Hats off to Mack Wilson, game ball! And to offense for first drive. Overall, just great to watch. G—S was electrifying. Great start.

I think I might watch these guys again. . . . . nanner brownie
Posted By: MemphisBrownie Re: Postgame Thoughts - 08/09/19 12:02 PM
Only watched the first half.

Good
- Higgins proving his efficiency right of the bat nanner

- Starting O-line looked pretty good.

- Chubb's patience and vision on that 12 yard run was nice to see.

- Mack Wilson looked really, really good.

- Baker, of course

- The entire defensive line from Garrett to Lawrence and Coley.

Bad
-Miscommunication between Redwine and G. Williams. I think the broadcasters said that Wilks went right over to talk with Redwine after the TD, so I'm assuming it was his mistake.

- I thought Stanton looked terrible.
Posted By: Milk Man Re: Postgame Thoughts - 08/09/19 12:42 PM
The game couldn’t have gone much better for the Browns.

- Baker came out and looked prepared and accurate. Moved right down the field for a TD. Nice throw to Higgins on that TD.

- Mack Wilson is going to take someone’s job. Going to be tough to keep him off the field.

- Greedy tackled and had a pick.

- Corbett played a lot at center.

- Myles Garrett is lightening quick off the snap.

- DrewStanton is still bad.

- Awesome moment for Sheehy-Giuseppe. Pulling for him. He’s a great story.
Posted By: devicedawg Re: Postgame Thoughts - 08/09/19 01:00 PM
Not really that important at this stage, but the tipped pass Callaway caught in the endzone was a touchdown. Refs completely blew that one.
Posted By: jeepnstein Re: Postgame Thoughts - 08/09/19 01:03 PM
This was the first pre-season game in a while where I thought the offense looked crisp right from the start. I can't wait to see our #1 and #2 receivers on the field.

Defense? They're coming together. It was only the Redskins but still they looked pretty good. You'll always have the occasional breakdown. I can say that because I'm not a coach type who strokes out when people do boneheaded things.

My best impression was Coach Kitchens. He takes no crap. He stays on the little things. And overall the team seemed prepared and in control on the field. How long has it been since a Browns team hasn't set my head on fire during the pre-season? This is weird.
Posted By: Lurker Re: Postgame Thoughts - 08/09/19 01:06 PM
It seems that our overall talent was better than the redskins overall talent.

- Higgins would be a #1 on a different team, in cleveland, he is a 3rd or 4th option

- Chad Thomas was pushing the pocket and overall being disruptive, very promising

- Mack Wilson wow, I am very impressed.

- The team looked happy.

- We scored 30 points....why does this matter? I read an article that said that no team who scored less than 43 points in the preseason has made it to the playoffs.
Posted By: Pdawg Re: Postgame Thoughts - 08/09/19 01:09 PM
Originally Posted By: VarmintKong
Lawrence is a beast... Kush outplayed Corrbit.

The center blew his assignment and gave Lawrence a free pass. I was impressed when he ran down Haskins from behind.

I've heard Kush has been getting first team reps over Corbett. What did you notice during the game?

Yeah the center blew it on that one play. Lawrence was able to push the pocket other times in the QB’s face.

When it comes to Corbett and Kush I should point out Corbett played center almost the entire game. Kush started at guard and played with the twos as well. Corbett didn’t seem to get as much of a push in the run game. I didn’t think either played badly and I am interested to see the game on tv.
Posted By: SuperBrown Re: Postgame Thoughts - 08/09/19 01:09 PM
Watched the whole game...

The starting offense could be very special.

Rashard Higgins just keeps getting better and better.

The starting OL impressed.

Chubb was smooth and fast.

Hilliard looked good on the underneath passes. Not so much running the ball.

It appears Corbett is a Bust.

We have to find room on the roster for Guiseppe.

Mack Wilson a 5th round pick? Are you kidding me??

Chad Thomas impressed.

Greedy can tackle and cover...minus the 1 TD bust.

Takitaki has very raw talent.

Myles is unblock-able at this point.

We cannot miss Xtra points!!!!!! Goodbye Joseph!

Drew Stanton needs to go.
Posted By: Pdawg Re: Postgame Thoughts - 08/09/19 01:12 PM
I was very impressed by Thomas. He did push the pocket like you said.
Posted By: BADdog Re: Postgame Thoughts - 08/09/19 01:18 PM
Originally Posted By: Milk Man
Awesome moment for Sheehy-Giuseppe.

What did he do?
Posted By: Rishuz Re: Postgame Thoughts - 08/09/19 01:18 PM
Not going to rehash what has already been said but will add ...

Kitchens needs to calm down. Not everything that happens in the game is the end of the world. Way too demonstrative over every little thing. I have this gnawing in my mind that some of it is for show. Not a fan of that.
Posted By: SuperBrown Re: Postgame Thoughts - 08/09/19 01:21 PM
Originally Posted By: Rishuz

Kitchens needs to calm down. Not everything that happens in the game is the end of the world. Way too demonstrative over every little thing. I have this gnawing in my mind that some of it is for show. Not a fan of that.

If you don't like it find another coach and another team.
Posted By: Rishuz Re: Postgame Thoughts - 08/09/19 01:25 PM
Then I would have to find another coach and team where they never did anything I didn't like.

That sounds like a lot of work.
Posted By: FATE Re: Postgame Thoughts - 08/09/19 01:26 PM
I don't know if it was "for show", but it was troubling. Can't constantly blow a fuse, especially considering you have to do this 20+ times. Maybe it's a preseason thing.
Posted By: Tulsa Re: Postgame Thoughts - 08/09/19 01:30 PM
Originally Posted By: FATE
I don't know if it was "for show", but it was troubling. Can't constantly blow a fuse, especially considering you have to do this 20+ times. Maybe it's a preseason thing.

Maybe he's just channeling his inner Hank Stram.
Posted By: willitevachange Re: Postgame Thoughts - 08/09/19 01:31 PM
My post game thought - we have a HC ladies and gents!

Man what a difference. You can just see how PREPARED and ready to go this team was. The paying attention to little details. We haven’t seen a team prepared in years and the difference was astounding!
Posted By: willitevachange Re: Postgame Thoughts - 08/09/19 01:31 PM
Originally Posted By: BADdog
Originally Posted By: Milk Man
Awesome moment for Sheehy-Giuseppe.

What did he do?
punt return for TD
Posted By: MemphisBrownie Re: Postgame Thoughts - 08/09/19 01:41 PM
Originally Posted By: willitevachange

Man what a difference. You can just see how PREPARED and ready to go this team was. The paying attention to little details. We haven’t seen a team prepared in years and the difference was astounding!

You can tell he is a leader of men.
Posted By: Bull_Dawg Re: Postgame Thoughts - 08/09/19 01:42 PM
Originally Posted By: devicedawg
Not really that important at this stage, but the tipped pass Callaway caught in the endzone was a touchdown. Refs completely blew that one.

I think it would have stood whichever way it had been called. The ball moved a pretty good bit. I think it was a catch, but I see how you could make the argument that it wasn't. Thus, it wasn't clear and obvious. Play stands.

While not ideal that a starter hasn't created a ton of separation at RG, it might speak a bit to our interior depth. Corbett looked solid at center for the most part (not sure how much that impression is from lowered expectations due to some of the fan commentary I'd been hearing.) The holding call in the middle of the 4th looked like a pancake block to me. His snaps looked good. He was finding work. OT depth looks a bit more problematic, though I need to look more closely at Lamm. Whoever 71 is stood out, but not in a good way.

While our drafted DBs showed some things when they knew their job (at least thought they knew), they are still figuring out the whys and how it all fits together. Communication is still a work in progress alongside that. Should be in good shape with the starters, though, and that should come for the young guys.

Our backup DL showed flashes of dominance, but are still maddeningly inconsistent at times.

I think P. Brown might make the team due to his special teams and blocking. Has upside and the all important availability. Needs to catch more consistently.

If our backup QBs see the field in the regular season, we're in trouble. Stanton may be great at knowing what to do, but translating that to being productive on the field is lacking. Looks like time to find him an offensive assistant/analyst position to me. Gilbert may be the opposite. Giving him Stanton's reps could be beneficial. Blough is still living off Rondale Moore's great game against Ohio State. Just doesn't quite have the physical goods. He did make some nice throws to Montgomery.

Gonna be a bunch of tough cuts this year.
Posted By: mac Re: Postgame Thoughts - 08/09/19 01:45 PM
Just smilin...
Posted By: Bull_Dawg Re: Postgame Thoughts - 08/09/19 01:47 PM

My only (/biggest) concern is his health. Blowing a vessel didn't look out of the question a few times. Get him on some yoga, Joe Thomas.
Posted By: MemphisBrownie Re: Postgame Thoughts - 08/09/19 01:56 PM
Originally Posted By: Bull_Dawg

My only (/biggest) concern is his health. Blowing a vessel didn't look out of the question a few times. Get him on some yoga, Joe Thomas.

Not to mention, he already had a life-treatening health scare not too long ago. Dude should probably give Mangini a call and see how he lost all that weight a few years ago.
Posted By: GratefulDawg Re: Postgame Thoughts - 08/09/19 01:56 PM
Posted By: oobernoober Re: Postgame Thoughts - 08/09/19 02:12 PM
At the risk of being called a wet blanket, debbie-downer, or even a hater...

Jake Delhomme also looked unstoppable in his 1-and-done preseason games... I'm not saying it's the same thing as with Baker, or even that what I'm pointing out is relevant at all. Just saying that that's what this 1 battered Browns fan thought of when Baker's O marched down the field and called it a day.

I gotta watch more before I try to make any truly insightful comments on the game.
Posted By: Rishuz Re: Postgame Thoughts - 08/09/19 02:21 PM
I'll tell you what makes it different.

I keep harping on this. Plus-level throws.

There are maybe half of the QBs in the league who would attempt and make the TD throw to Higgins. Less than that would make that throw multiple times. Baker usually has 3-6 plus level throws a game.

I think that's what sets him apart and should be what gives us hope. That was a crazy pinpoint accurate throw with a good level of difficulty. He seems to thrive with those types of throws.
Posted By: Dawgs4Life Re: Postgame Thoughts - 08/09/19 02:24 PM
J/c

I also thought the refs blew the Callaway non-TD ... but, it didn’t hurt us LAST NIGHT. Hopefully we don’t end up on the wrong side of them during the year
Posted By: Rishuz Re: Postgame Thoughts - 08/09/19 02:25 PM
I like when the refs explain what they saw when making the final call. Didn't get that last night. Should be a requirement, IMO.
Posted By: CalDawg Re: Postgame Thoughts - 08/09/19 02:30 PM
Originally Posted By: Rishuz

How many times have we complained about complacency on the sidelines? Coaches looking lost or just standing there with their thumbs up their asses? I find his involvement refreshing. Also, I don't think it's for show, I believe it comes from a mentality that he's not letting anything slide, that they've all been taught how to do their jobs properly, and when a mistake is made it will be dealt with immediately. I also believe he wears his emotions on his sleeve, when he's happy he's exuberant, when he's pissed everyone will know exactly why. I'm good with his sideline demeanor, all aspects of it. JMHO
Posted By: Dawgs4Life Re: Postgame Thoughts - 08/09/19 02:30 PM
Yeah I agree. Good point
Posted By: devicedawg Re: Postgame Thoughts - 08/09/19 02:32 PM
Baker is elite.
Posted By: CalDawg Re: Postgame Thoughts - 08/09/19 02:35 PM
Something I loved seeing last night, when Guiseppi had his return, Baker was one of the first to congratulate him, then went over and took the ball from him to make sure it got put away for him. That wasn't a starting QB doing it, that was a teammate. He's got a personality made for this game, laser accuracy, incredible leadership qualities, great vision, and a really good arm.
Posted By: GratefulDawg Re: Postgame Thoughts - 08/09/19 02:43 PM
Posted By: Dawgs4Life Re: Postgame Thoughts - 08/09/19 02:51 PM
That’s quite a lot, and he played til the bitter end
Posted By: Rishuz Re: Postgame Thoughts - 08/09/19 02:52 PM
Something I loved seeing last night, when Guiseppi had his return, Baker was one of the first to congratulate him, then went over and took the ball from him to make sure it got put away for him. That wasn't a starting QB doing it, that was a teammate. He's got a personality made for this game, laser accuracy, incredible leadership qualities, great vision, and a really good arm.

Was just talking to a friend about this.
Posted By: drobs Re: Postgame Thoughts - 08/09/19 02:54 PM
Agree with majority of comments. That TD pass to Higgins was a thing of beauty.

I don't think I've watched us completely outgun a team like that before. We tripped ourselves up. I know it's pre-season but that was a statement of intent. I also know teams who go 4-0 in the pre-season can soil the bed.
Posted By: CalDawg Re: Postgame Thoughts - 08/09/19 02:55 PM
Class move. thumbsup
Posted By: CalDawg Re: Postgame Thoughts - 08/09/19 03:00 PM
I was thinking about the fumble at the goal line and Hyman's fumble. In a real game, Chubb is carrying that ball at the goal line, and either OBJ, Landry, or Higgins are likely heading for the endzone. It's unlikely those balls get put on the turf. Callaway was just plain robbed by the ref, and by the replay officials. That's 21 extra points, assuming the kicker doesn't brain fart every time he steps on the field. That is some serious firepower.
Posted By: Dave Re: Postgame Thoughts - 08/09/19 03:19 PM
I was in and out of the Browns' game because the Indians were playing a pretty important game at the same time, but I saw the opening drive. I was really glad we didn't a.) defer the kickoff as we have seen in past years and b.) that we were in attack mode right from the get. It looked like Freddie wanted to get Mayfield, Chubb, and a couple others off the field ASAP, but not before they did something positive.

I also saw the TD pass to Callaway and I was annoyed but not surprised that the review didn't overturn the call on the field. Like several games last year it appeared that the review was a sham intended to support the refs on the field more than it was intended to get the call right. Not for the first time it felt like the league was saying - in the face of clear evidence to the contrary, IMO - "Who you gonna believe, us or your lyin' eyes?".
Posted By: ExclDawg Re: Postgame Thoughts - 08/09/19 03:22 PM
I was thinking about the fumble at the goal line and Hyman's fumble. In a real game, Chubb is carrying that ball at the goal line, and either OBJ, Landry, or Higgins are likely heading for the endzone. It's unlikely those balls get put on the turf. Callaway was just plain robbed by the ref, and by the replay officials. That's 21 extra points, assuming the kicker doesn't brain fart every time he steps on the field. That is some serious firepower.

The Hillard fumble was the same drive that Callaway got robbed by the refs. So that was only 14 points we could have had. Although, we doinked an extra point, and a late penalty at the end of the half likely robbed us of another 3 points. So that's another 18 points we might of put up. Add to that, the only really big play they had was a blown assignment by two of our rookies, so a potential 48-3 game? laugh

Yeah, I get the woulda-coulda-shoulda, but it's nice to see that we're capable of really throwing up a beatdown. Rather than hoping all things bounce our way for a chance at a win.
Posted By: BpG Re: Postgame Thoughts - 08/09/19 03:23 PM
Higgins is an awesome story.

Gilbert looked pretty good, he definitely has an NFL arm.

Hilliard is a problem and not the good kind. I suspect if his play does not uptick that we will sign a back.

Stanton sucks, I felt the same way last preseason, slow to process, late throws, terribly inaccurate throws, just no what you want from a vet.

The D-line looks like a strength. Especially DT

Greedy played well, I am fairly certain Redwin stepped up thinking it was cover 4 and that greedy was bailing. Based on what I saw on the other side of the field, Redwine was correct and Greedy was wrong. The other corner ran into cover 4 all 3 of the other guys went cover 4.

The passing game looks good, as expected.

The running game looked poor as expected.

Pharoh Brown was terrible. Catching, blocking, route running. Lot's of work to do there.

Posted By: ExclDawg Re: Postgame Thoughts - 08/09/19 03:29 PM
Originally Posted By: BpG
Greedy played well, I am fairly certain Redwin stepped up thinking it was cover 4 and that greedy was bailing. Based on what I saw on the other side of the field, Redwine was correct and Greedy was wrong. The other corner ran into cover 4 all 3 of the other guys went cover 4.

Could have been some variation of a Cover-6 though, so you can't necessarily use the other side of the field to determine where everyone should have been. Actually, a Cover-6 scheme could explain the confusion, if Redwine or Greedy got confused as to which side of the field was dropping back the corner.
Posted By: CalDawg Re: Postgame Thoughts - 08/09/19 03:37 PM
Yes, you're right. It would've been 14 not 21. I know it's really early, but as a carryover from last year, and contrary to prior years, it feels like we're always in it, capable of scoring or stopping an offense at will. It will be interesting when we face good teams to see how well we stack up.
Posted By: Bull_Dawg Re: Postgame Thoughts - 08/09/19 03:43 PM
Originally Posted By: ExclDawg

The Hillard fumble was the same drive that Callaway got robbed by the refs. So that was only 14 points we could have had. Although, we doinked an extra point, and a late penalty at the end of the half likely robbed us of another 3 points. So that's another 18 points we might of put up. Add to that, the only really big play they had was a blown assignment by two of our rookies, so a potential 48-3 game? laugh

I thought Hilliard might have broken the plane on 1st down.
Posted By: YTownBrownsFan Re: Postgame Thoughts - 08/09/19 04:01 PM
Originally Posted By: Lurker

- Higgins would be a #1 on a different team, in cleveland, he is a 3rd or 4th option

- Chad Thomas was pushing the pocket and overall being disruptive, very promising

- The team looked happy.

- We scored 30 points....why does this matter? I read an article that said that no team who scored less than 43 points in the preseason has made it to the playoffs.

????????

The Pats scored 24, 23, 30, and 38 in last year's preseason.

Further, Baker only played 1 series. Our backups beat their backups. Many of those backups will not make the final roster.

We also had 6 penalties for 89 yards. That's not good for a team concentrating on not beating itself. I bet that Freddie is not happy about that, or the blown coverage that allowed Keenum's TD.

One thing I was encouraged about was the play of the DL. Despite missing Richardson and Vernon, they affected almost every play. The Skins 1st drive was 7 plays for 14 yards. In those 7 plays were 3 holding calls. We declined 2 of them. That's awesome/scary.

There were 0 INT by our QBs. That's great in 43 pass attempts.

We better re-sign Higgins. He is a great weapon, and it's obvious that he and Baker have great chemistry. I do not think that he's a #1 WR .... but a #2? Perhaps.

Chad Thomas had a nice game. Man was he disruptive. Devaroe and Coley also had nice games. Coley was disruptive, and that's good to see.

Mack (The Knife) Wilson had himself a fantastic game. Going into the game, if I would have said "Wilson will have a pair of INT, one for a TD, 3 tackles, ..... and 2 passed defensed ... I think that my fellow board members would have suggested that I have my head examined. (which some probably already think) if I said Wilson would play like this. His 2nd INT was just pure effort and hustle, combined with being able to see and understand what was happening around him. If I'm Kirksey, I have to wonder if I might be coming off the field on 3rd and mid to long downs.

3 sacks, 5 QB Pressures, 3 INT, (one for a TD) and 6 tackles for a loss. That ain't bad for 63 or 64 total plays.

Overall, a solid beginning.
Posted By: DCDAWGFAN Re: Postgame Thoughts - 08/09/19 04:03 PM
Didn't get to watch the game yet, just the highlights. It's replaying on NFLN this afternoon and I'll record it and watch when I get back in town on Sunday... other than the highlights which have been covered..

the one thing I learned is that we have another D. Johnson on the team who runs the ball. I spent the first 3 quarters following it on my phone wondering why D. Johnson was getting carries since we traded him earlier in the day. I even clicked on it and it took me to Duke Johnson, Jr's stat page so the stat people must have been confused too. It has since been changed to D'Earnest Johnson but boy was I confused last night.
Posted By: cfrs15 Re: Postgame Thoughts - 08/09/19 04:08 PM
Gilbert looked highly competent playing against backups.
Posted By: jfanent Re: Postgame Thoughts - 08/09/19 04:08 PM
He meant total for all 4 games I believe.
Posted By: YTownBrownsFan Re: Postgame Thoughts - 08/09/19 04:11 PM
Originally Posted By: jfanent
He meant total for all 4 games I believe.

Ah, OK.
Posted By: MemphisBrownie Re: Postgame Thoughts - 08/09/19 05:34 PM
PFF ReFocused, NFL Preseason Week 1: Cleveland Browns 30, Washington Redskins 10

Cleveland Browns‘ Rashard Higgins and Garrett Gilbert both played at a high level in the team’s 30-10 win over the Washington Redskins on Thursday night. Washington safety Jeremy Reaves and wide receiver Darvin Kidsy had some highlight plays in the contest, but their efforts weren’t enough to help the team to a win.

PFF’s ReFocused series features immediate takeaways from the two analysts who graded the game live. The two offer a detailed breakdown of the game’s most notable performances before the grades and advanced stats are reviewed and finalized by Senior Analysts.

Final Score

Cleveland Browns 30, Washington Redskins 10

CLEVELAND BROWNS
Rashard Higgins has been lost in Cleveland’s offseason acquisition of Odell Beckham, but with OBJ sitting this one out, it was Higgins’ turn to have a big outing. He caught a touchdown on the first drive of the game off a perfect seam pass by Baker Mayfield and had a number of other big receptions throughout the game.

Myles Garrett certainly made his presence felt in the short amount of time he was in the game. And the rest of the Browns’ defensive line followed suit. Carl Davis, Chad Thomas and Trevon Coley were in the backfield often.

WASHINGTON REDSKINS
Cornerback Jimmy Moreland was targeted early and often, and while he did give up a number of receptions into his coverage, he also came away with several big plays. He forced two pass breakups early, notched a batted pass at the line of scrimmage and was also responsible for two forced fumbles.

Wide receiver Darvin Kidsy ran strong routes and had a few nice plays. He did have a fumble, but Dwayne Haskins’ best two throws went to Kidsy.

CLEVELAND BROWNS
Backup center Austin Corbett had a rough go. He struggled with quick pass-rushers and was too easily controlled at the line of scrimmage on runs to either side of him.

The only touchdown the Browns’ defense allowed was a busted coverage on a go route. Rookie LSU product Greedy Williams missed the assignment playing the flats, and the go route was wide open down the right sideline.

WASHINGTON REDSKINS
Linebacker Shaun Dion Hamilton saw early action tonight and sometimes appeared lost in space on pass plays. He had a key missed tackle after a catch underneath on the first drive of the game and had multiple negatively graded played against the run.

The offensive line really struggled in pass protection and also the run, making it tough to get any drives going. Washington’s quarterbacks rarely had time, but even when they did, they made poor decisions or just bad throws.

https://www.pff.com/news/pro-pff-refocus...ton-redskins-10
Posted By: mgh888 Re: Postgame Thoughts - 08/09/19 06:02 PM
Originally Posted By: Dawgs4Life

- Higgins continues to impress ... he’s really coming into his own

- Callaway had a few nice plays as well (including what SHOULD have been a TD)

Thanks to all those that posted during the game.

I've been a huge fan of Higgins since he and Baker seemed to hit it off last year. I figured part of it was because they were in the 2nd team together when Baker didn't get any 1st reps ... just figured they created some chemistry. But throughout the season, while he wasn't as flashy as Calloway, he just seems to have a knack for creating a little separation and he catches the ball when it's in his radius and it's catchable.... I honestly think we have an embarrassment of riches at WR.

Hope I get to see the game when it repeats.
Posted By: GratefulDawg Re: Postgame Thoughts - 08/09/19 06:13 PM
Posted By: Lurker Re: Postgame Thoughts - 08/09/19 07:22 PM
Originally Posted By: YTownBrownsFan

- The team looked happy.

????????

Further, Baker only played 1 series. Our backups beat their backups. Many of those backups will not make the final roster.

43 total points for all 4 preseason games.
Posted By: YTownBrownsFan Re: Postgame Thoughts - 08/09/19 07:24 PM
Originally Posted By: YTownBrownsFan

- The team looked happy.

????????

43 total points for all 4 preseason games.

OK, that clears it up.
Posted By: Dawgs4Life Re: Postgame Thoughts - 08/09/19 08:10 PM
J/c

If I’m Washington I’m giving Trent a new deal ... that is if they have ideas of winning any time soon
Posted By: Tulsa Re: Postgame Thoughts - 08/09/19 08:17 PM
Just watching the game now.

Washington is really good...

...at holding.
Posted By: Dawgs4Life Re: Postgame Thoughts - 08/09/19 08:29 PM
Every play
Posted By: Dave Re: Postgame Thoughts - 08/09/19 08:33 PM
Originally Posted By: Tulsa
Just watching the game now.

Washington is really good...

...at holding.

I heard Joe Thomas on the radio this afternoon, and he thinks holding calls (if they're actually called) should be credited to the defensive player who was held just like a sack. Myles Garrett had 3-4 holding calls that he forced last night.
Posted By: Tulsa Re: Postgame Thoughts - 08/09/19 08:39 PM
Callaway got robbed of a TD.
Posted By: Dawgs4Life Re: Postgame Thoughts - 08/09/19 08:41 PM
Yeah, Myles was legit held 4 straight plays
Posted By: Dawgs4Life Re: Postgame Thoughts - 08/09/19 08:41 PM
Yeah, that was an obvious TD I thought
Posted By: Tulsa Re: Postgame Thoughts - 08/09/19 09:43 PM
Joe Thomas is skinny.
Posted By: cfrs15 Re: Postgame Thoughts - 08/09/19 09:44 PM
Joe Thomas is skinny.

He's not skinny. The dude is ripped. He still weighs like 275 pounds.
Posted By: Damanshot Re: Postgame Thoughts - 08/09/19 09:50 PM
That was fun to watch..,

The trouble with having a guy like Baker Mayfield is that he makes all other QB's on the team look bad.. And they really aren't. What they are doing is playing with the 2's and 3's. (not really, just having some fun)

DSG looked incredible...That's such a great story. I really hope this kid gets a fair shot
Posted By: MemphisBrownie Re: Postgame Thoughts - 08/09/19 09:55 PM
Originally Posted By: cfrs15
Joe Thomas is skinny.

Off topic, but a poster (whose name I cannot remember) said that he no longer lives in Cleveland. I'm pretty sure he still does. There are so many things Joe posts on twitter in and around Cleveland that there is no way he is flying in just to do those things. I mean he posted a video in the Flats watching a barge navigate the Cuyahoga River on a Monday. A MONDAY!
Posted By: cfrs15 Re: Postgame Thoughts - 08/09/19 09:59 PM
Originally Posted By: MemphisBrownie
Joe Thomas is skinny.

Off topic, but a poster (whose name I cannot remember) said that he no longer lives in Cleveland. I'm pretty sure he still does. There are so many things Joe posts on twitter in and around Cleveland that there is no way he is flying in just to do those things. I mean he posted a video in the Flats watching a barge navigate the Cuyahoga River on a Monday. A MONDAY!

I'm pretty sure he lives in Wisconsin but is in Cleveland often. He has been in Cleveland all the this week for the Washington game.
Posted By: Dawgs4Life Re: Postgame Thoughts - 08/09/19 10:01 PM
Yeah I think Joe is back and forth between both places
Posted By: MemphisBrownie Re: Postgame Thoughts - 08/09/19 10:09 PM
Ok. I stand corrected. It's just that he posts things being in Cleveland all the time.

He is a regular on Cleveland Browns Daily too. He might as well host the damn thing.
Posted By: DiamDawg Re: Postgame Thoughts - 08/09/19 10:42 PM
Haskins had some real nice throws ...

Did he only start one year at OSU?
Posted By: EveDawg Re: Postgame Thoughts - 08/09/19 11:08 PM
-Bar stories with Eve-

I went to the bar today to watch the Game.

I didnt get to watch it much, because a really nice friendly hot young man chat my ear for 2 hours. He was fun. I hope I run into him again.

What I did see of it.... Our backup QBs dont look like hot garbage. They look servicable. Which was a concern for me. Good.

Also, Baker, please shave that thing off your face. Please and Thank You.
Posted By: FL_Dawg Re: Postgame Thoughts - 08/09/19 11:17 PM

Yes, one knee = two feet.
Posted By: AZBrown Re: Postgame Thoughts - 08/09/19 11:49 PM
Originally Posted By: EveDawg
-Bar stories with Eve-

I went to the bar today to watch the Game.

I didnt get to watch it much, because a really nice friendly hot young man chat my ear for 2 hours. He was fun. I hope I run into him again.

What I did see of it.... Our backup QBs dont look like hot garbage. They look servicable. Which was a concern for me. Good.

As long as you caught the first series with the ones (and maybe a couple great catches and a run-back later), a possible assignation with a healthy young person is probably a good diversion to get through the preseason.

I assume he had no mustache.

Btw - Stanton looking serviceable sounds a little like a happy hour outlook.
Posted By: Dave Re: Postgame Thoughts - 08/09/19 11:50 PM
Quote:

When asked about his newest facial hair choices, Mysterious Mustache Baker said:

“Maybe you’ll find out [why I grew the mustache]. Maybe you won’t. I don’t know. That’s the elegance of having a mustache. You just don’t know what’s gonna happen. … It’s like the QB RV — you guys just don’t know.”

The QB RV is exactly what it sounds like — an RV for just the Browns quarterbacks — although offensive linemen reportedly have VIP access and any offensive player is allowed to stop by too. But the media, including HBO’s Hard Knocks cameras, are not invited.

Mysterious Mustache Baker also confirmed that his new look will not lead to him moonlighting in any presumably adult films. Which is good because between his arm and his mustache, he’s got a lot going on already.

https://ftw.usatoday.com/2019/08/baker-mayfield-mustache-mystery-browns-training-camp-nfl
Posted By: EveDawg Re: Postgame Thoughts - 08/09/19 11:56 PM
I think he lost a bet.
Posted By: Tulsa Re: Postgame Thoughts - 08/10/19 12:16 AM
Or his wife has a Burt Reynolds fetish.
Posted By: Dave Re: Postgame Thoughts - 08/10/19 12:18 AM
He just needs to not trim it so high - more Fu-Chu and less Adolf would look better.
Posted By: bonefish Re: Postgame Thoughts - 08/10/19 12:23 AM

Just a few notes. After the first series it makes you wonder what we have when all the starters can go all game.

Garrett looked dominate. Washington is in big trouble without Williams.

Hilliard caught the ball well. However, as a runner and blocker he is a work in progress.

OL played well. Actually thought Corbett did ok at center. Kush is taking over at RG.

Mack and Taki look like players.

Sheehy a true feel good story.

Like to compliment Freddie. The team plays hard and with purpose. The players know what he wants from them. Execute what we have coached.

So far mostly good news.
Posted By: DiamDawg Re: Postgame Thoughts - 08/10/19 12:29 AM
What did u think of Kush’s play? ... he was in for awhile ... please elaborate on what u saw ...

One thing I LOVED was Freddie putting the O in the two minute drill .. he coaches like the Tuna in that regard ... he puts pressure on them now so they should handle it better on sundays ... and a monday and Thursday ... *L* ...
Posted By: Versatile Dog Re: Postgame Thoughts - 08/10/19 12:41 AM
j/c:

I posted earlier because I saw three drives due to the weather delay in the Jets/Giants game last night. I'll reiterate a bit and offer some observations of some other guys.

--Baker was awesome. Decisive. Checked-down when needed. Accurate. I loved how he was leading the cheers for the team a good part of the night. [Note: I said that earlier, but I feel I have to repeat it because people get very sensitive about him.]

Okay.............new stuff:

--Mack Wilson is a superior athlete. Dude jumps off the screen. Great range. Great hands. Speed. He looked great in coverage and rushed the passer well. Runs guys down in the running game, but lacks bulk/strength at the point of attack in the running game. I really like this guy.

--Not as impressed by Taki as some.

--Not sure who this Burris guys is. His number is 31. He flashed on the screen for me. Very decisive and goes from A to B very quickly.

--Whitehead, the Safety, looked pretty good. He's got a nose for the ball.

--Kush did a very good job in pass pro.

--DJ Montgomery impressed me w/that highpoint catch down the sideline.

--Hyman looked good and then he fumbled. Tough break.

--Higgins shined. I think ed and I were the only two guys that wanted the Browns to draft him. Glad we did.

--Strong looked good, too.

--Not impressed by the backup RBs. The one dude from Miami looked okay, but he runs too upright.

--Our DL has a lot of talent.

--My favorite moment was the punt return by Sheely-Guisepi [sorry if I butchered the spelling] Dude is certainly fast, but the best part was the reaction of almost the entire team. The one dude accidentally clothes-lined him and I think he was really hurting from that. But, what a great moment. Those guys are rooting for him. And I think it's events like that that can really bring a team together. He probably won't make the team............but, what a great moment.

--
Posted By: Rishuz Re: Postgame Thoughts - 08/10/19 12:47 AM
Originally Posted By: Versatile Dog
--My favorite moment was the punt return by Sheely-Guisepi [sorry if I butchered the spelling] Dude is certainly fast, but the best part was the reaction of almost the entire team. The one dude accidentally clothes-lined him and I think he was really hurting from that. But, what a great moment. Those guys are rooting for him. And I think it's events like that that can really bring a team together. He probably won't make the team............but, what a great moment.

Someone at work today told me this made national news. People were loving it. I had people telling me it made them want to be Browns fans. My how times have changed. They also noticed how hyped Baker, the team's franchise QB, was for him. They thought the whole scene was just awesome.

I actually stopped watching shortly before it happened and only caught it on the replay. I regret that decision now. LOL.
Posted By: Versatile Dog Re: Postgame Thoughts - 08/10/19 01:00 AM
One other thought for now. This one is a negative.

Man, the Brown's announcers were bad. Historically bad. They kept pontificating about their little story lines that they wanted to get in and missed calling the action. And they kept talking while the refs were announcing the call on the field. Timid doesn't have the personality for the business. Joe Thomas was a breath of fresh air. The discussion of the backup RB was a catastrophe. The Play-by-Play guy wasn't even making sense when discussing that.
Posted By: Rishuz Re: Postgame Thoughts - 08/10/19 01:03 AM
Agree. They were pretty awful.
Posted By: lampdogg Re: Postgame Thoughts - 08/10/19 01:10 AM
It's obvious you hate him: still can't resist the temptation to bash Couch.
Posted By: bonefish Re: Postgame Thoughts - 08/10/19 01:14 AM

Saw the game for the first time today.

The first time I watch a game it is more watching the ball. Skill players and more obvious stuff. Just the flow of the game.

When I watch it a second time I focus more on the minutia.

So, I saw there was time to throw. Run blocking could have been better.

hard to deep dive a first pre-season game.

The Sheehy return was special. You can tell how the team is pulling for this guy. Loved the team reaction.

I love the fire in Freddie. He wants perfection. He will not tolerate mental errors. He is letting these players know. You have to play hard and smart.

A very early concern for me with Freddie was: Is Freddie going to try and be everyone's buddy? As a position coach you don't cut guys. As a coordinator your job is different than head coach. Head coach you have to have lead. You can not be everyone's best friend.

Freddie is going to be demanding but fair. He wants team leaders to voice their opinions. At the same time we are starting to see a guy who is in charge.

So far from OTA's to today Freddie has been impressive.
Posted By: Versatile Dog Re: Postgame Thoughts - 08/10/19 01:21 AM
Originally Posted By: lampdogg
It's obvious you hate him: still can't resist the temptation to bash Couch.

You have it mixed up.

I dislike Baker--the person. However, I think he has played well and I have hope for him as a franchise qb.

I think Timid is a nice enough guy, but I just thought he sucked as a player.

smile
Posted By: bonefish Re: Postgame Thoughts - 08/10/19 01:39 AM

Wanted to add one more thing.

A few weeks ago I saw an interview with Odell and Jarvis.

They were asked about unknown players who had stood out so far. Their response was Mack Wilson.

He reacts well to all the plays. The int's jump out but he reacts well from space to the ball. He made some nice tackles.

It all leaves you with wanting more. As pre-season moves along will keep seeing more pieces.

But just the thoughts of a full real game with the starters playing is sure fire exciting.
Posted By: SuperBrown Re: Postgame Thoughts - 08/10/19 02:21 AM
Joe Thomas is skinny.

What are you smoking? Thomas looks anorexic at best.
Posted By: EveDawg Re: Postgame Thoughts - 08/10/19 02:32 AM

Anorexic: No
Ripped: Yes
Posted By: DiamDawg Re: Postgame Thoughts - 08/10/19 03:18 AM
When u watch again if u could focus on kush’s run blocking i’d Appreciate it ...

Vers .. any thoughts on kush’s run blocking?
Posted By: Dawgs4Life Re: Postgame Thoughts - 08/10/19 09:35 AM
JT looks great (and as an aside, so does Tim Couch)
Posted By: Versatile Dog Re: Postgame Thoughts - 08/10/19 12:27 PM
Quote:

Vers .. any thoughts on kush’s run blocking?

I saw that he had a nice block on the Chubb's long run, but I didn't see much else. I just noticed that he did a very good job in pass pro.

He probably did not excel in run blocking because there were not many holes for the RBs no matter which guys were on the OL.
Posted By: Bard Dawg Re: Postgame Thoughts - 08/10/19 12:56 PM
Wilson was impressive. Has more range and cover skill than I gave him credit for. Really want to see more of his game. He seemed to have the right moves on reading and reacting. An exciting, punishing group of LBs would be welcome! And we don't need to worry about TakiT taking plays off.

Just refreshing to see this much good and Bernie AND JT! Almost more than this man can stand (but I am willing to risk it! .!).
Posted By: DiamDawg Re: Postgame Thoughts - 08/10/19 02:27 PM
Focus next time bro ... *L* ...

Thanks for responding ... thumbsup
Posted By: Dawgs4Life Re: Postgame Thoughts - 08/10/19 03:05 PM
Bernie has lost a lot of weight and has really appeared much more svelt the past few months. Props to him (and I hope it was done through exercise and not being sick)
Posted By: SuperBrown Re: Postgame Thoughts - 08/10/19 04:30 PM

Anorexic: No
Ripped: Yes

Put up all the pics you want BUT...

He looked very frail on the TV broadcast.
Posted By: Halfback32 Re: Postgame Thoughts - 08/10/19 05:13 PM
Joe Thomas is skinny.

There was a comment after a Joe Thomas segment during the game, the announcer said he wasn't sure which was thinner, Joe Thomas or Bernie Kosar...
Posted By: Versatile Dog Re: Postgame Thoughts - 08/10/19 05:15 PM
Frail?

Posted By: EveDawg Re: Postgame Thoughts - 08/10/19 05:45 PM
If that's frail, I need to get me a frail man.
Posted By: Spergon FTWynn Re: Postgame Thoughts - 08/10/19 05:49 PM
Did not see the entire game..

How nice is it to go into the preseason with no stupid qb controversey or audition or any of that. Even though we have a new coach, I think it's not exactly a new system since Freddie was around last year. It's a nice feeling to just not have to worry about it.

I think one series, especially with how good it was, is enough for Baker. I'm sure he will play more as the preseason moves along, but the sooner you get him outta there, the better.

This team has a lot of good young talent. I think this is gonna be a fun year.

Still some things to clean up, and I'm sure we'll have some bad moments in these new few games, but i can't wait until this thing gets going for real
Posted By: cfrs15 Re: Postgame Thoughts - 08/10/19 08:10 PM
Posted By: Dawgs4Life Re: Postgame Thoughts - 08/10/19 08:21 PM
Which is even more impressive lol ...

But I liked that Baker took what was there. To me, teams are gonna double OBJ and it’s gonna leave TONS of mismatches elsewhere (especially on the RBs)

Take it all day
Posted By: YTownBrownsFan Re: Postgame Thoughts - 08/10/19 08:36 PM
"We're going to play 2 minute drill, but without Landry or OBJ, so we're going to start our 3rd string receiver, and some guys buried on the depth chart. You guys try to stop us. OK?" crazy wink
Posted By: SuperBrown Re: Postgame Thoughts - 08/10/19 09:30 PM

How old are your damn pics?

Did you not see him on TV Thursday night?...

He looked like Karen Carpenter...
Posted By: AZBrown Re: Postgame Thoughts - 08/10/19 09:50 PM
Originally Posted By: SuperBrown

How old are your damn pics?

Did you not see him on TV Thursday night?...

He looked like Karen Carpenter...

Oh, man.
Posted By: AZBrown Re: Postgame Thoughts - 08/10/19 09:54 PM

I'm sure other coaches do this all the time, but I hadn't heard of it until now. Impressive all around (Freddy and the execution.)
Posted By: Jester Re: Postgame Thoughts - 08/10/19 09:57 PM
This video is from 4 days ago.
Fast forward to about the 1:20 mark

Posted By: archbolddawg Re: Postgame Thoughts - 08/10/19 10:00 PM
Yeah, I didn't see Karen Carpenter there.
Posted By: Versatile Dog Re: Postgame Thoughts - 08/10/19 11:19 PM
I am wondering if SuperBrown makes Freddie look svelte?
Posted By: lampdogg Re: Postgame Thoughts - 08/11/19 12:24 AM
I like that little brunette in the video. I like nice-looking women on tv, and she doesn't look like Joe Thomas, either. wink
Does that make me a bad guy?
Posted By: AZBrown Re: Postgame Thoughts - 08/11/19 01:08 AM
I like that little brunette in the video. I like nice-looking women on tv, and she doesn't look like Joe Thomas, either. wink

I find this is one of the many happiness-es of TV. By itself, it doesn't make you a bad guy.

However, when I notice my girlfriend enjoying a "hot" guy on TV, I have no choice but to remind her she is a bad person.

I think everything balances out that way.
Posted By: DiamDawg Re: Postgame Thoughts - 08/11/19 01:26 AM
Youngins ... u can use that too your advantage bro ... in oh so many ways ... *L* ...
Posted By: Pdawg Re: Postgame Thoughts - 08/11/19 05:50 AM

Aditi Kinkhabwala is her name. She is usually pretty informed reporter. She is based out of Pittsburgh so she comes to Cleveland often.
Posted By: Dawgs4Life Re: Postgame Thoughts - 08/11/19 07:43 AM
Yeah she’s in-tune with the AFCN ... and nice to look at haha
Posted By: Jester Re: Postgame Thoughts - 08/11/19 02:25 PM

Aditi Kinkhabwala is her name. She is usually pretty informed reporter. She is based out of Pittsburgh so she comes to Cleveland often.

Or was he referring to Kay Adams?
Posted By: Dave Re: Postgame Thoughts - 08/11/19 04:22 PM
Aditi's on with Ken Carman and Anthony Lima (92.3 The Fan) pretty often and she is interesting to listen to, plus Ken and Anthony like to mess with her some and its usually funny. They also have Mary Kay on a lot and they mess with her too, but I don't think she likes it when Carman calls her Mary Kay Silver.
Posted By: Dawgs4Life Re: Postgame Thoughts - 08/11/19 08:30 PM
Kay Adams is so fine as well!
Posted By: Versatile Dog Re: Postgame Thoughts - 08/11/19 11:06 PM

I don't know about how well informed she is. I was watching NFL Network that morning they were in Berea while I was working out. She reported that Baker Mayfield was at the Brown's facility every day during the off-season. LOL

Dude wasn't even in Ohio.
Posted By: W84NxtYrAgain Re: Postgame Thoughts - 08/11/19 11:59 PM
Originally Posted By: Jester

Or was he referring to Kay Adams?
I thought he meant Kay Adams too. I like her.
Posted By: lampdogg Re: Postgame Thoughts - 08/12/19 12:03 AM
Now I'm not sure which one I was talking about last night. (Beers).

Hell, I like all three of them!
Posted By: DCDAWGFAN Re: Postgame Thoughts - 08/12/19 04:58 PM
Originally Posted By: AZBrown

I'm sure other coaches do this all the time, but I hadn't heard of it until now. Impressive all around (Freddy and the execution.)

The announcers said it looked like it caught the Redskins off guard, shows what they know.

I was hoping we told them.. if you are going to practice the 2-minute drill on the opening drive, it's really only effective practice if the defense knows what you are doing.. otherwise they aren't playing the same "situational" football that you are ...
Posted By: Versatile Dog Re: Postgame Thoughts - 08/12/19 05:15 PM
You know, I think it would be very smart for both teams to practice the 2 minute drill in a game or games where the starters only play one series.

Kudos to Freddie on this one.
Posted By: Dawg Citizen Re: Postgame Thoughts - 08/13/19 02:04 AM
This team is loaded. They are the clear favorite to win the AFC North. My biggest concern was the HC but not now. I don't want to get carried away but the only AFC team that might be better than them is the Patriots. It feels strange to talk about a winner for a change.
Posted By: AZBrown Re: Postgame Thoughts - 08/13/19 02:09 AM
Originally Posted By: Dawg Citizen
This team is loaded. They are the clear favorite to win the AFC North. My biggest concern was the HC but not now. I don't want to get carried away but the only AFC team that might be better than them is the Patriots. It feels strange to talk about a winner for a change.

I hear ya.

Gotta beat the Steelers first, though.

Exciting stuff ahead for sure.
Posted By: Dawg Citizen Re: Postgame Thoughts - 08/13/19 02:22 AM

I hear ya.

Gotta beat the Steelers first, though.

Exciting stuff ahead for sure.
The Browns have play makers every were you look. They remind me of the Steelers from the 70s. The Steelers will be tough but the Browns will beat them. This might sound crazy but I think the Browns are going to dominate the division.
Posted By: Dawg Citizen Re: Postgame Thoughts - 08/13/19 02:25 AM
Mack Wilson is the steal of the draft!
Posted By: Dawgs4Life Re: Postgame Thoughts - 08/13/19 09:37 AM
It appears like he’s the steal for OUR draft at least!
Posted By: Bard Dawg Re: Postgame Thoughts - 08/13/19 03:18 PM
I was surprised! Get this man on the field ASAP! He balled out in game one.
Posted By: lampdogg Re: Postgame Thoughts - 08/13/19 11:38 PM
Originally Posted By: DCDAWGFAN

The announcers said it looked like it caught the Redskins off guard, shows what they know.

I was hoping we told them.. if you are going to practice the 2-minute drill on the opening drive, it's really only effective practice if the defense knows what you are doing.. otherwise they aren't playing the same "situational" football that you are ...

I might he wrong, but always thought that coaches sharing some of their intentions with the other coaches before an exhibition game was not that far out of the ordinary.

I seem to recall reading or hearing of Belichick doing this occasionally, but I might be spewing BS here.
Posted By: Dawgs4Life Re: Postgame Thoughts - 08/14/19 02:12 AM
I know in basketball it’s pretty common before scrimmages/preseason .. “Hey, we’re gonna look at a zone press in the first quarter and mix in some half court man after ...:” so I would bet thats right
Posted By: DCDAWGFAN Re: Postgame Thoughts - 08/15/19 06:34 PM
Quote:
I seem to recall reading or hearing of Belichick doing this occasionally,

But Belichick told them he was going to work on the run game and then came out and threw it 45 times because he wanted to win. rofl
Posted By: lampdogg Re: Postgame Thoughts - 08/15/19 11:35 PM
smile
Posted By: THROW LONG Re: Postgame Thoughts - 08/16/19 12:52 AM
You have to run to win, and throw to win too.
Posted By: THROW LONG Re: Postgame Thoughts - 08/16/19 12:55 AM

You could say that about a lot of folks. Or maybe not.
Posted By: eotab Re: Postgame Thoughts - 08/16/19 12:58 PM
My thoughts:
Regarding BB throwing pass after pass, he actually was making a team pay for a mistake. They continued to not get into a nickel and just because they had 2 WR, TE (Gronk) and a RB (pass catcher) FB extra blocker. They had 4 in routes with an extra blocker for Brady as the D they were seeing was geared to stop the run. BB's theory, if they are going to continue to do the same thing thinking they would get different results...well we all know all to well that is insanity....lol laugh got to love BB.

Who came from the same tree as BB. Jeopardy answer...Kitchens

I was wondering, do we just come out and do a 2 minute drill all the time until teams come up with a solution. We still run from the spread and in big chunks as well.

I was thinking what happens when Landry and OBJ are in there should I curb my HOMERISM and ENTHUSIASM on the expectation of an offense that just cannot be stopped???

What happens on the other end of the ball, if our D is this good without Richardson, Vernon and Schobert (all 3 Pro Bowlers) do I like wise curb my ENTHUSIASM on the expectations of 3 n outs and turnovers!!!

I know most identify with me as a pure Homer. I said positive things mostly cause everyone else was going negative and I didn't wish for people to commit Fandom suicide. So I would always try to pull something positive and make lemonade but deep down I was not that happy with our Mediocrity. Well now my positives are solid as a rock with only the logic of CAN THIS BE TRUE?!? Man are we going to have fun this season.

Well those are my thoughts of the game. wink

Posted By: DCDAWGFAN Re: Postgame Thoughts - 08/16/19 04:40 PM
Originally Posted By: THROW LONG
You have to run to win, and throw to win too.

So consistently being able to move the football is important to winning football games.. I'll make a note of that. tongue
© DawgTalkers.net