DawgTalkers.net
Posted By: Versatile Dog Other Games - 08/10/19 01:29 AM
It's amazing to me how the Steelers continually lose wide receivers and constantly find guys to replace them. It's incredible.
Posted By: Dawgs4Life Re: Other Games - 08/10/19 09:36 AM
Watching the Vikings/Saints game ... Minnesota has some nice offensive skill players. Of course, their OL has always been the issue (and who knows if Cousins can take it up another level) but they certainly have the weapons and the D you want
Posted By: PerfectSpiral Re: Other Games - 08/10/19 12:51 PM
Originally Posted By: Versatile Dog
It's amazing to me how the Steelers continually lose wide receivers and constantly find guys to replace them. It's incredible.

Talented QB’s find WR’s all day long.
Posted By: eotab Re: Other Games - 08/10/19 12:53 PM

Yeah what Perfect Spiral said...

Its all about the QB Once Big Ben is gone the Steelers will come back to earth.
Posted By: Versatile Dog Re: Other Games - 08/10/19 01:20 PM
Originally Posted By: PerfectSpiral

I guess you would have a point had Big Ben been on the field. He didn't play.
Posted By: CapCity Dawg Re: Other Games - 08/10/19 01:25 PM

Well, then ....
Posted By: Versatile Dog Re: Other Games - 08/10/19 01:28 PM
LOL Cap. You crack me up. You have a knack for timing. brownie
Posted By: Dawgs4Life Re: Other Games - 08/10/19 03:04 PM
J/c

I just watched the Titans game against Philly. Titans played much faster (they may have had more starters on the field, IDK the break down). But they ran a lot of zone read stuff and used the QB’s legs quite a bit to roll out, move the pocket, etc.
Posted By: Versatile Dog Re: Other Games - 08/10/19 05:16 PM
I wonder how long it will take for Tanneyhill to replace Mariotta?
Posted By: Dawgs4Life Re: Other Games - 08/10/19 08:20 PM
Perhaps not long at all. Is Marriotta injured? Or just rested?
I wonder how long it will take for Tanneyhill to replace Mariotta?
Posted By: Versatile Dog Re: Other Games - 08/10/19 11:17 PM
He started last night, but Tanneyhill looked better.
Posted By: sk8termom Re: Other Games - 08/11/19 12:25 PM
Originally Posted By: CapCity Dawg

Well, then ....

I am still impressed with the newer Steelers receivers. James Washington had a great game, same with new TE Zach Gentry. Also free-agent WR Johnny Holton had a nice game.
Posted By: Dawgs4Life Re: Other Games - 08/11/19 02:11 PM
I also heard Peter King say to watch out for Ryan Switzer to have a great year for them
Posted By: Bard Dawg Re: Other Games - 08/11/19 04:30 PM
Good post, sk8ermom. Good to know names to track like this. Have any defensive names that look solid? Especially in the secondary?
Posted By: sk8termom Re: Other Games - 08/11/19 11:27 PM
Justin Layne (3rd round pick,CB) rough game. Cam Sutton (rookie CB) did OK, Terrell Edmonds(1st round CB 2018) had a good game.Devin Bush was incredible, 10 tackles during the first half and a deflected pass that was nearly intercepted. He only played the first half.

Ola Adeniyi, Tuzar Skipper - 2 UDFAs OLBs to look out for as well. Ola made the team last year but got hurt the last preason game. Came bac, at the end o last season.
Posted By: Dawgs4Life Re: Other Games - 08/12/19 01:27 AM
Devin Bush will be a stud most likely; seems like a great fit
Posted By: Dawgs4Life Re: Other Games - 08/17/19 09:14 AM
I was rewatching the Bucs/Steelers game ... if I were a Steeler fan I’d still be concerned about the secondary .. the first few drives they gave up some easy plays through the air
Posted By: sk8termom Re: Other Games - 08/17/19 12:46 PM
I agree Dawgs4Lie - I'm very concerned about the Steelers secondary. In general they did not look good.
Posted By: Dawgs4Life Re: Other Games - 08/17/19 02:55 PM
The good news for them, though: Baltimore is SO run heavy that it lends itself to a great matchup for Pittsburgh
Originally Posted By: sk8termom
I agree Dawgs4Lie - I'm very concerned about the Steelers secondary. In general they did not look good.
© DawgTalkers.net