Posted By: Dawgs4Life Re: More Postgame Thoughts - 09/11/19 12:09 AM
Good idea for a thread wink

I always like Baldy and think he’s right on the nose
Posted By: GratefulDawg Re: More Postgame Thoughts - 09/11/19 12:14 AM
Posted By: GratefulDawg Re: More Postgame Thoughts - 09/11/19 01:14 AM
Posted By: GratefulDawg Re: More Postgame Thoughts - 09/11/19 01:17 AM

https://twitter.com/SharpFootball/status/1171510626725683200
Posted By: Dawgs4Life Re: More Postgame Thoughts - 09/11/19 01:24 AM
That’s an awful stat lol ... let’s hope it’s the last BAD 4th quarter Baker has in a while
Posted By: Versatile Dog Re: More Postgame Thoughts - 09/11/19 01:28 AM

I started a thread about Offensive Scheme in the new GameDay forum. This would fit in perfectly on that thread. Would you mind posting it on that thread, too?
Posted By: FL_Dawg Re: More Postgame Thoughts - 09/11/19 02:04 AM
It was only one game, so it could simply have been the game plan for last Sunday, or maybe it has more to do with our personnel. IE; No TE Fells and No HB/FB.
Posted By: Dawgs4Life Re: More Postgame Thoughts - 09/11/19 02:06 AM
Yeah, and as most of us have been saying ... that appears to be a mistake at this point. Keeping Harris over Fells may end up changing the offense more than anything.

Unless Ricky S-J can be an answer
Originally Posted By: FL_Dawg
It was only one game, so it could simply have been the game plan for last Sunday, or maybe it has more to do with our personnel. IE; No TE Fells and No HB/FB.
Posted By: FL_Dawg Re: More Postgame Thoughts - 09/11/19 02:09 AM
Originally Posted By: Dawgs4Life
Yeah, and as most of us have been saying ... that appears to be a mistake at this point. Keeping Harris over Fells may end up changing the offense more than anything.

Unless Ricky S-J can be an answer

I sure hope so. I did like him as a WR in College.
Posted By: ohio1974 Re: More Postgame Thoughts - 09/11/19 04:34 AM
Quote:
I started a thread about Offensive Scheme in the new GameDay forum. This would fit in perfectly on that thread. Would you mind posting it on that thread, too?

Lets just put the whole message board in one post in each category so the board is nice and clean. Not!

I like seeing new posts on here and not everything jammed in one post.
Posted By: Dawgs4Life Re: More Postgame Thoughts - 09/11/19 11:32 AM
J/c
In a weird way, the drafting of Corbett and his subsequent inability to play has really hurt our offense. Additionally, the signing of Hubbard looks quite bad right now too. He was shaky last year and looked to be a weak link last Sunday
Posted By: MemphisBrownie Re: More Postgame Thoughts - 09/11/19 01:59 PM
j/c:
Posted By: PitDAWG Re: More Postgame Thoughts - 09/11/19 04:33 PM
Originally Posted By: ohio1974
Lets just put the whole message board in one post in each category so the board is nice and clean. Not!

I like seeing new posts on here and not everything jammed in one post.

Just scatttering the same topic all over the place doesn't seem logical.
Posted By: MemphisBrownie Re: More Postgame Thoughts - 09/11/19 04:53 PM
j/c:

Posted By: cfrs15 Re: More Postgame Thoughts - 09/11/19 04:58 PM
We got him!
Posted By: PitDAWG Re: More Postgame Thoughts - 09/11/19 05:01 PM
You'll have to check with actual season ticket holders, but from what I've heard you are responsible for what goes on in your seats. As in, if you sell your tickets to someone else and they act out, you're responsible for those actions as it pertains to securing your seats.
Posted By: MemphisBrownie Re: More Postgame Thoughts - 09/11/19 05:02 PM
I'd read the article.
Posted By: Milk Man Re: More Postgame Thoughts - 09/11/19 05:07 PM
Originally Posted By: MemphisBrownie
I'd read the article.

Yep, the guy they accused hasn’t even been to a game since 2010.

Posted By: columbusdawg Re: More Postgame Thoughts - 09/11/19 05:07 PM
Originally Posted By: PitDAWG
You'll have to check with actual season ticket holders, but from what I've heard you are responsible for what goes on in your seats. As in, if you sell your tickets to someone else and they act out, you're responsible for those actions as it pertains to securing your seats.

This is true unless you sell on the NFL Ticket Exchange. Those seats aren't his anyhow.
Posted By: PitDAWG Re: More Postgame Thoughts - 09/11/19 05:07 PM
Thanks. From the picture it looked like where it happened would have required season tickets.
Posted By: MemphisBrownie Re: More Postgame Thoughts - 09/11/19 05:08 PM
Originally Posted By: columbusdawg

This is true unless you sell on the NFL Ticket Exchange. Those seats aren't his anyhow.

He didn't even read the article.
Posted By: ohio1974 Re: More Postgame Thoughts - 09/11/19 05:55 PM
Neither does having a message board with hardly any new posts everyday. The sad part is the people are on here but not posting gee i wonder why. The refs are like good no new posts today thats just the way we like it around here rofl

You post and you'll shoot your eye out when its gone

Come on Ralphie save us from all the new posts
Posted By: PitDAWG Re: More Postgame Thoughts - 09/11/19 06:06 PM
If you think you're just going to show up here and change the way this board is run, you're wrong. But you go ahead and act the fool all you want.
Posted By: ohio1974 Re: More Postgame Thoughts - 09/11/19 06:50 PM
Im just having some fun with the Refs. I know its a hard job to have to do everyday. Move posts around and delete them everyday would get tiring to say the least.

PS The Refs have always been very fair with me and i'd like to say thanks!
Posted By: GratefulDawg Re: More Postgame Thoughts - 09/11/19 07:37 PM
Posted By: MemphisBrownie Re: More Postgame Thoughts - 09/11/19 07:42 PM
j/c:

Posted By: Rishuz Re: More Postgame Thoughts - 09/11/19 08:27 PM
Yikes. That was sure TD.
Posted By: Dawgs4Life Re: More Postgame Thoughts - 09/11/19 09:35 PM
Originally Posted By: Rishuz
Yikes. That was sure TD.
yep or at the very least a game changing play
Posted By: Bard Dawg Re: More Postgame Thoughts - 09/11/19 09:56 PM
Just playing around here to hear yourself type? The thread first.

Hats off to the refs. This poster seems bent on disruption. Just didn't see any point at all and little purpose served. You can do better than this, Ohio.
Posted By: Versatile Dog Re: More Postgame Thoughts - 09/11/19 10:54 PM
j/c:

No one is responding to this. LOL

It kills the narrative.
Posted By: ohio1974 Re: More Postgame Thoughts - 09/11/19 11:07 PM
No disruption just tell it like I see it. I don't like Baker Mayfield but like I said Im glad the browns got him. The only other player for the browns I didn't want was Errict Rhett.
Posted By: WSU Willie Re: More Postgame Thoughts - 09/12/19 12:42 PM
Originally Posted By: GratefulDawg

Here's a perfect example of why the OL impacted Baker's play. He sees his man Higgins...but OL pressure takes away that option. I wonder if that was his first or second read? LOL.

For a QB who "can't read coverages" and needs to only be responsible to play "half the field", he sure sees enough to regularly distribute passes to 8+ guys a game...they must all be running routes to the same "half of the filed". rofl
Posted By: Versatile Dog Re: More Postgame Thoughts - 09/12/19 12:48 PM
When you have no idea what you are talking about, it would probably be wise to not make fun of someone who does. You are intolerable.
Posted By: oobernoober Re: More Postgame Thoughts - 09/12/19 01:02 PM
j/c:

It's a bummer we were playing against a QB with wheels like Mariota. So many times we were closing in on him and he's got the speed to give him that extra couple steps to deliver a ball or throw it away. There aren't many QBs anymore that are true 'statues', but Mariota is definitely on the one end of that spectrum.
Posted By: Versatile Dog Re: More Postgame Thoughts - 09/12/19 01:09 PM
That's true.

Additionally, the Titans called for a lot of pass plays that developed quicker and Mariotta was able to quickly check down or throw it away at times when he was pressured.

I know our DL has been getting some heat on this board and probably other places that cover the Browns, but I thought they looked pretty good while rushing the passer in the opener.

Contrarily, while I thought our OL played poorly, I also believe that they are facing exaggerated scorn after the loss.
Posted By: Iluvmyxstripper Re: More Postgame Thoughts - 09/12/19 01:57 PM
Anybody notice the 3 top teams in that pressure,
List is from the AFC North?
Intresting
Posted By: CapCity Dawg Re: More Postgame Thoughts - 09/12/19 02:33 PM
Originally Posted By: Versatile Dog
That's true.

Additionally, the Titans called for a lot of pass plays that developed quicker and Mariotta was able to quickly check down or throw it away at times when he was pressured.

I know our DL has been getting some heat on this board and probably other places that cover the Browns, but I thought they looked pretty good while rushing the passer in the opener.

Contrarily, while I thought our OL played poorly, I also believe that they are facing exaggerated scorn after the loss.

I agree w this. I also felt that we were applying good pressure. As you said, the Titans game plan was for quick passes that negated some of that pressure. It was not that we did not supply the pressure.

I think had we made an adjustment to something similar, it would have been a different game.
Posted By: cfrs15 Re: More Postgame Thoughts - 09/12/19 02:45 PM
Originally Posted By: Iluvmyxstripper
Anybody notice the 3 top teams in that pressure,
List is from the AFC North?
Intresting

We played the Titans without their left tackle. The Seahawks and Dolphins O-lines are awful (the opponents of the Bengals and Ravens respectively).
Posted By: WSU Willie Re: More Postgame Thoughts - 09/12/19 02:59 PM
When you have no idea what you are talking about, it would probably be wise to not make fun of someone who does. You are intolerable.

rofl

Yet in regards to Baker, you regularly demonstrate that you are the one who doesn't know what he is talking about...see how that works?

You've been wrong about him since before we drafted him and your agenda/ego keeps doubling-down. Guys who get PAID to provide opinion and analysis don't see him the way you do.

I'm not going to let you spew your agenda unchecked...I let you go most of the time...but your back trying to prove yourself right about Baker...even if all you've got is to tell someone else that they are wrong.

Wake me up when your boy Rosen actually plays in a game because he beat out the guy in front of him. Again...see how that works?
Posted By: MemphisBrownie Re: More Postgame Thoughts - 09/12/19 03:02 PM
It's truly remarkable when one poster can be so wrong about so many things Browns-related and then have the nerve to tell someone "When you have no idea what your talking about...." and finish with "....someone who does."

rofl
Posted By: Versatile Dog Re: More Postgame Thoughts - 09/12/19 03:02 PM
You're wrong.
Posted By: Versatile Dog Re: More Postgame Thoughts - 09/12/19 03:03 PM
So stop.
Posted By: PrplPplEater Re: More Postgame Thoughts - 09/12/19 03:07 PM
I also believe that they are facing exaggerated scorn after the loss.

Mmmm, yes and no, in my opinion.

By and large, the root of almost ALL of our problems was, in one way or another, the OL. Be it penalties, the injury, the stupid ejection, the sacks, hurries and pressures given up, the run plays stuffed, etc.... no matter how you slice it, they were NOT up to snuff. Good plays by them were the anomaly; the plays where you couldn't help but be aware of them were constant and consistent.
Posted By: Versatile Dog Re: More Postgame Thoughts - 09/12/19 03:09 PM
I agree that they they didn't play well. I said so several times. I said "exaggerated scorn" or something like that.

But yes, they did not play well for the reasons you mentioned. I would add scheme to your list.
Posted By: WSU Willie Re: More Postgame Thoughts - 09/12/19 03:17 PM
That's true.

I agree. I would change "at times" to "regularly"...like 21 of 25 passes. Their game plan was to check down and beat us with their RBs and TEs.

Quote:

I agree again. The OL DID play poorly. Our god-awful RT became out LT at halftime and a new guy - a G signed last week - became our RT. Our scheme sucked and didn't get adjusted. Baker was harassed a lot and acted like he was being harassed sometimes when he wasn't. They looked ill-prepared and shot themselves in the foot more than imaginable.

The OL was ok to good-enough before Robinson's stupidity...even given the number of penalties that put us in a hole.

I think it's disingenuous of anyone to put significant blame on the OL - or any other position group - without mentioning all the other things that contributed to our incompetence. (Not saying YOU are doing that.)
Posted By: PitDAWG Re: More Postgame Thoughts - 09/12/19 03:33 PM
You can slice it and dice it any way you want to. The OL didn't throw 3 int's. in the fourth quarter.

Now I'm not lambasting Baker for that. He's a guy who feels he needs to carry this team. This isn't a normal performance for him and everybody has an off day. Pressure was being applied and he's still very young.

But you need to quit pretending he didn't play an important part in the loss.
Posted By: Homewood Dog Re: More Postgame Thoughts - 09/12/19 03:48 PM
I'll agree we didn't play well but a lot of it has to do with the Titans. It seems like we may have taken them a bit lightly but IMO they are a better team than everyone is giving them credit for. They may be a surprise team in the AFC. IMO the only team in the AFC that's better than them is the Pats whom they beat last year. They have a good D, can run the ball, have some skilled players on O and most importantly, are very welled coached. Vrabel is a good coach. JMO
Posted By: rastanplan Re: More Postgame Thoughts - 09/12/19 05:03 PM
Originally Posted By: Homewood Dog
I'll agree we didn't play well but a lot of it has to do with the Titans. It seems like we may have taken them a bit lightly but IMO they are a better team than everyone is giving them credit for. They may be a surprise team in the AFC. IMO the only team in the AFC that's better than them is the Pats whom they beat last year. They have a good D, can run the ball, have some skilled players on O and most importantly, are very welled coached. Vrabel is a good coach. JMO

Most of it had to do with our D melting on the first plays of the game...

O was shaken with the penalties,at least I hope that was the cause,if not Kitchens is in a bad bad position...
Posted By: WSU Willie Re: More Postgame Thoughts - 09/12/19 05:18 PM
You can slice it and dice it any way you want to. The OL didn't throw 3 int's. in the fourth quarter.

Now I'm not lambasting Baker for that. He's a guy who feels he needs to carry this team. This isn't a normal performance for him and everybody has an off day. Pressure was being applied and he's still very young.

But you need to quit pretending he didn't play an important part in the loss.

Where did I say Baker DIDN'T play an important part in the loss?

You are making a point with completely false information.
Posted By: PitDAWG Re: More Postgame Thoughts - 09/12/19 05:29 PM
Oh, I didn't say you didn't "think" Baker had a bad game, it's just that I've certainly witnessed posts that point the finger at everyone but Baker.

The Titans scored 21 points off of those three int's.

Maybe I missed where you pointed that out?
Posted By: WSU Willie Re: More Postgame Thoughts - 09/13/19 11:54 AM
Oh, I didn't say you didn't "think" Baker had a bad game, it's just that I've certainly witnessed posts that point the finger at everyone but Baker.

The Titans scored 21 points off of those three int's.

Maybe I missed where you pointed that out?

Seeing as how we lost by 30, I didn't figure you'd need me to do a math exercise for you. My bad. rolleyes

Not to mention that the game essentially ended after the Henry TD.

Did you see who played LT for us in the 2nd half? That's quite a bit more important and telling than the fact that 7x3=21. FWIW, look at my recent post where I talked about Baker feeling pressure that wasn't there.
Posted By: PitDAWG Re: More Postgame Thoughts - 09/13/19 02:57 PM
Mmmmm hmmmmm....
Posted By: GratefulDawg Re: More Postgame Thoughts - 09/13/19 04:35 PM
Posted By: CapCity Dawg Re: More Postgame Thoughts - 09/13/19 04:55 PM

So it begins again. How many of these notices did we have last year?
Posted By: Rishuz Re: More Postgame Thoughts - 09/13/19 05:05 PM
What a shocker.
Posted By: PrplPplEater Re: More Postgame Thoughts - 09/13/19 05:25 PM
One in every Opener, it seems.
Posted By: Dawgs4Life Re: More Postgame Thoughts - 09/13/19 06:17 PM
Wow, I’m surprised we got screwed on a call
Posted By: Clemdawg Re: More Postgame Thoughts - 09/13/19 09:29 PM

And so it begins anew in 2019.

New season- just like the old season.

What chafes me the most is not that these calls happen- it's when these calls happen. Inevitably, they happen on pivotal momentum-changing plays that significantly impact the flow/momentum of the game.

Browns have fielded mediocre to poor teams for forever, and ref's calls like these impact poor teams more than good. Good teams find a way to overcome bad calls; bad teams are victimized by them.

Last Sunday, this current Browns team looked every bit as bad as previous squads... and the ref calls hurt us in much the same way.

I expressed fatigue and exasperation last year about the endless cycle of bad call > Browns loss > Wed apology. I know that one game does not indicate a trend, but I'm already sensitive to this... and it's way too early in the season for this level of apprehension.

p.s. I am definitely NOT saying that the refs are officiating wint an anti-Browns bias/agenda. NOT.
Posted By: FL_Dawg Re: More Postgame Thoughts - 09/13/19 10:55 PM
So, that play was about a 30 yard(?) net loss for us and took away a 1st down.
Posted By: Clemdawg Re: More Postgame Thoughts - 09/13/19 11:44 PM
yup.

bad call/bad time.

One of a series of back breakers.
Browns beat themselves, but they weren't helped by stellar officiating.
Posted By: Rishuz Re: More Postgame Thoughts - 09/13/19 11:53 PM
So, that play was about a 30 yard(?) net loss for us and took away a 1st down.

The play put us in comfortable FG position before the half.

The penalty knocked us out.

Prior to OBJ pushing off, the DB should have been called for defensive holding.

The ref was looking right at the play. The Tennessee DB lobbied for a flag. The ref obliged. As they did most of the game.

Still the Browns are soft. Shouldn't have let it affect them the way it did.
Posted By: Versatile Dog Re: More Postgame Thoughts - 09/14/19 12:03 AM
Originally Posted By: CapCity Dawg

Cap, you are a reasonable guy......so I will ask you. Do you think these notices of incorrect calls are limited to the Browns or do you think the NFL issues to them to teams across the league on a fairly regular basis? Also, do you think fans across the league are complaining in a similar fashion as Brown's fans are?

Sorry guys, bad calls happen. There is too much money, too many eyes, and too much at stake for the NFL to resort to such biased officiating.

Man up!
Posted By: CapCity Dawg Re: More Postgame Thoughts - 09/14/19 03:10 AM
Originally Posted By: CapCity Dawg

Cap, you are a reasonable guy......so I will ask you. Do you think these notices of incorrect calls are limited to the Browns or do you think the NFL issues to them to teams across the league on a fairly regular basis? Also, do you think fans across the league are complaining in a similar fashion as Brown's fans are?

Sorry guys, bad calls happen. There is too much money, too many eyes, and too much at stake for the NFL to resort to such biased officiating.

Man up!

I am sure we are not the only team who gets these notices, and I am sure all fans complain about calls. What I don’t know is how many teams receive these in a week, and how many a team receive in a season. So I do not where we stand.

Yes, bad calls happen. I get that. Last week was frustrating. We had enough legitimate calls, we did not an extra.
Posted By: SuperBrown Re: More Postgame Thoughts - 09/14/19 03:49 AM
Originally Posted By: Dawgs4Life
Wow, I’m surprised we got screwed on a call

Posted By: WSU Willie Re: More Postgame Thoughts - 09/14/19 11:34 AM
Originally Posted By: Clemdawg

And so it begins anew in 2019.

New season- just like the old season.

What chafes me the most is not that these calls happen- it's when these calls happen. Inevitably, they happen on pivotal momentum-changing plays that significantly impact the flow/momentum of the game.

Browns have fielded mediocre to poor teams for forever, and ref's calls like these impact poor teams more than good. Good teams find a way to overcome bad calls; bad teams are victimized by them.

Last Sunday, this current Browns team looked every bit as bad as previous squads... and the ref calls hurt us in much the same way.

I expressed fatigue and exasperation last year about the endless cycle of bad call > Browns loss > Wed apology. I know that one game does not indicate a trend, but I'm already sensitive to this... and it's way too early in the season for this level of apprehension.

p.s. I am definitely NOT saying that the refs are officiating wint an anti-Browns bias/agenda. NOT.

I agree. I'll add my issue with non-calls as well...I think TN was called for ONE holding play Sunday on a play when MG totally abused the LT for a sack. That's it...one. They got away with hooking and hands to the face on the OL...and we got caught when we retaliated for their dirty play. Their CBs as well. There were two sets of rules on the field last week.

We've been getting hosed ever since Zeus knocked that cheater Triplette on his butt and Bottlegate. I sit and watch Browns games - and others usually six at a time - and the non-Browns fans comment on how uneven the officiating often is in a Browns game. It's not coming just from Orange & Brown goggles.
Posted By: Versatile Dog Re: More Postgame Thoughts - 09/14/19 12:35 PM
Cap, I chose you to respond to because you are more reasonable and logical than some of the others who have been complaining about the officiating. So, I hope I did not offend you.

Think about this. Mistakes are made in a game that is played at an extremely fast speed. QBs throw into coverage and make inaccurate throws. Receivers run incorrect routes and drop passes. RBs hit the wrong hole and fumble. Defensive players miss tackles and blow coverages. Many more mistake occur, but I limited them to two per group. The other night B. Arians called back-to-back timeouts resulting in a penalty. He also didn't challenge an obvious incorrect spot on a 4th down play that resulted in a first down. And he is a very experienced and good coach.

Thus, it is reasonable to recognize that human officials are also going to make mistakes. Bad calls happen in every game. They occur against all teams. This is nothing new to anyone who has ever played or coached or officiated.

What is happening on this board is that it is a community of fans of one particular team. They are innately going to be critical of all calls that go against them and not pay much attention to the calls they do get. I'm certain that fans of all teams have similar judgements. I have said that some of my family members are Steeler fans. On this board, I read how the Steelers always get the calls, yet my family members claim that the Steelers always are on the short end of the proverbial officiating stick. It's perception, Cap.

Thus, what I am saying is that we did have bad calls go against us in that game. However, we were the beneficiary of bad calls that went against the Titans. In the last several years, I can really think of only one game where I felt the officiating cost us the game. That was the Raider game last year. The quick whistle on the Myles Garrett sack cost us a TD and the poor spot and subsequent review on Hyde's run that should have been a first down and sealed the victory, did indeed cost us the game. Other than that, I have watched games that contained mistakes by officials, but those calls typically balance out.
Posted By: DevilDawg2847 Re: More Postgame Thoughts - 09/14/19 04:48 PM
Cap, I chose you to respond to because you are more reasonable and logical than some of the others who have been complaining about the officiating. So, I hope I did not offend you.

Think about this. Mistakes are made in a game that is played at an extremely fast speed. QBs throw into coverage and make inaccurate throws. Receivers run incorrect routes and drop passes. RBs hit the wrong hole and fumble. Defensive players miss tackles and blow coverages. Many more mistake occur, but I limited them to two per group. The other night B. Arians called back-to-back timeouts resulting in a penalty. He also didn't challenge an obvious incorrect spot on a 4th down play that resulted in a first down. And he is a very experienced and good coach.

Thus, it is reasonable to recognize that human officials are also going to make mistakes. Bad calls happen in every game. They occur against all teams. This is nothing new to anyone who has ever played or coached or officiated.

What is happening on this board is that it is a community of fans of one particular team. They are innately going to be critical of all calls that go against them and not pay much attention to the calls they do get. I'm certain that fans of all teams have similar judgements. I have said that some of my family members are Steeler fans. On this board, I read how the Steelers always get the calls, yet my family members claim that the Steelers always are on the short end of the proverbial officiating stick. It's perception, Cap.

Thus, what I am saying is that we did have bad calls go against us in that game. However, we were the beneficiary of bad calls that went against the Titans. In the last several years, I can really think of only one game where I felt the officiating cost us the game. That was the Raider game last year. The quick whistle on the Myles Garrett sack cost us a TD and the poor spot and subsequent review on Hyde's run that should have been a first down and sealed the victory, did indeed cost us the game. Other than that, I have watched games that contained mistakes by officials, but those calls typically balance out.

If I may chime in...

FWIW I don't buy in to the conspiracy theory... especially not at this point because with the star power on our roster the NFL stands to make waaaay more $$$ with a successful Browns franchise than an unsuccessful.

Having said that, obviously mistakes will be made in officiating. I think what contributes to the view of bias against the Browns is that the poor officiating rarely seems to be consistent within that game.

While I don't think there is a conspiracy, I do think it has often been lopsided. How do I reconcile that concept? Pretty simple:

For years the Browns weren't taken seriously. Other teams viewed them as a gimme. We didn't have the best announcers and on occasion you had announcers who didn't really care enough to correctly identify Browns players... so why would it be out of the realm of possibility to think that referees might also have that same view of the Browns?

We expect our refs to be professionals, but human nature says if you don't take something seriously you don't perform to the best of your ability.
Posted By: Bull_Dawg Re: More Postgame Thoughts - 09/14/19 05:24 PM
Are people inherently biased against the color Brown?

History is great and all, but it might be time for a serious rebranding if it is affecting outcomes.

"Browns" has always been a somewhat different team name choice.

The history can still be embraced, memorialized, etc. Brown and orange is a terrible color combo outside of the nostalgia.

Posted By: CapCity Dawg Re: More Postgame Thoughts - 09/14/19 05:28 PM
I don’t disagree with anything you said. And I took no offense with it.

And I did not mean to imply that I thought the referees cost us the game, if it came out that way.
Posted By: Rishuz Re: More Postgame Thoughts - 09/14/19 06:51 PM
That was a way better synopsis than Vers' very black and white view of things.
Posted By: Versatile Dog Re: More Postgame Thoughts - 09/14/19 08:26 PM
Thanks Rish. Always making things personal.
Posted By: GratefulDawg Re: More Postgame Thoughts - 09/14/19 08:41 PM
Myles Garrett was fined $10,527 by NFL for unnecessary roughness. Delivered palm strike to face mask of #Titans TE Delanie Walker

Sheldon Richardson was fined $21,056 by NFL for roughing the passer. He pushed down #Titans QB Marcus Mariota

Devaroe Lawrence was fined $28,075 by NFL for verbal abuse directed at an official. Lawrence said he cursed at an official after the official used an expletive while speaking to him.

Greg Robinson was fined $10,527 by NFL for unnecessary roughness. He kicked #Titans safety Kenny Vaccaro in helmet in the second quarter. Robinson was not fined for his blindside block in the first quarter

Derrick Henry fined $10,527 by NFL for unnecessary roughness vs. #Browns He had a face mask penalty in fourth quarter.

https://twitter.com/ByNateUlrich
Posted By: Versatile Dog Re: More Postgame Thoughts - 09/14/19 08:49 PM
I think there was a case for throwing Myles out of the game. That was pretty blatant.

The team lacked discipline and were mentally weak in game one. I hope they improve on that aspect.
Posted By: DevilDawg2847 Re: More Postgame Thoughts - 09/14/19 09:20 PM
I think there was a case for throwing Myles out of the game. That was pretty blatant.

The team lacked discipline and were mentally weak in game one. I hope they improve on that aspect.

I don't know if it would have warranted that, but at the very least it should have been one of those where he's also put on notice any further similar penalties would result in ejection.
Posted By: Versatile Dog Re: More Postgame Thoughts - 09/14/19 09:26 PM
Yeah, it was close. I love Myles Garrett. I saw that play and I immediately thought he was gone and my heart sank, but fortunately, they did not throw him out.
Posted By: lampdogg Re: More Postgame Thoughts - 09/14/19 09:43 PM
Wasn't a closed fist, but still border-line.
Posted By: Rishuz Re: More Postgame Thoughts - 09/15/19 12:54 AM
That wasn't personal. You view things in a very black and white manner based on your own moral compass. That's not a personal slight. That's an observation based on your posts over the years.

A lot of issues just aren't black and white. They have many shades of gray and are very nuanced. You don't allow for those elements. That's part of what makes Vers Vers. Again, not a slight; more of stating the obvious.

And I'll respond to your PM at some point. Haven't had a chance yet.
Posted By: Versatile Dog Re: More Postgame Thoughts - 09/15/19 01:14 AM
No need to respond to the PM.

My post was not black and white. I tried using logic and reason. You ignored all of that. Of course, that is your right. We see things differently. I just don't understand why you could not have simply complimented Devil w/out dragging my name into it? It was a slight. That's fine. It's best if I move on.
Posted By: SuperBrown Re: More Postgame Thoughts - 09/15/19 03:07 AM
Those are major bucks right there.

If those fined players sent me that money, I could survive without working for 5 years.
© DawgTalkers.net