DawgTalkers.net
Posted By: Dawgs4Life Other Games - 10/16/19 01:59 PM
Bye week ahead ... so now we gotta root against the Ravens.

They go to Seattle and it’s a game we need them to lose
Posted By: Dawgs4Life Re: Other Games - 10/16/19 02:00 PM
Not sure why this posted in this forum ... I tried to post in the BYE week forum?

Refs, could you move for me please ... thank you
Posted By: Dawgs4Life Re: Other Games - 10/18/19 12:20 AM
KC vs DEN tonight ... gimme KC in a semi-rout
Posted By: leadtheway Re: Other Games - 10/18/19 01:20 AM
Joe flacco needs to stop pretending he’s an nfl qb
Posted By: GratefulDawg Re: Other Games - 10/18/19 01:27 AM
Posted By: jaybird Re: Other Games - 10/18/19 01:40 AM
Great qb... will be interesting to see how the chiefs do without him
Posted By: SuperBrown Re: Other Games - 10/18/19 01:46 AM
Originally Posted By: jaybird
Great qb... will be interesting to see how the chiefs do without him

Not well.
Posted By: GratefulDawg Re: Other Games - 10/18/19 01:47 AM
Posted By: SuperBrown Re: Other Games - 10/18/19 02:00 AM
There are about 2000 typos in that brilliant post.
Posted By: Dawgs4Life Re: Other Games - 10/18/19 02:08 AM
Hoping his injury isn’t very serious ... Broncos OL is complete trash (and so is Flacco lol)
Posted By: cfrs15 Re: Other Games - 10/18/19 02:33 AM
Originally Posted By: Dawgs4Life
Broncos OL is complete trash (and so is Flacco lol)

Against a horrible Chiefs defense.
Posted By: Bull_Dawg Re: Other Games - 10/18/19 02:48 AM
Joe Flacco looks done.
Posted By: cfrs15 Re: Other Games - 10/18/19 02:51 AM
Originally Posted By: Bull_Dawg
Joe Flacco looks done.

He was done last year. And then John Elway traded for him even though he has a ton of guaranteed money left on his contract.
Posted By: cfrs15 Re: Other Games - 10/18/19 02:59 AM
Originally Posted By: cfrs15
Joe Flacco looks done.

He was done last year. And then John Elway traded for him even though he has a ton of guaranteed money left on his contract.

Posted By: TrooperDawg Re: Other Games - 10/18/19 03:24 AM
KC vs DEN tonight ... gimme KC in a semi-rout

Amazingly accurate, all things considered.
Posted By: jaybird Re: Other Games - 10/18/19 03:58 AM
Man Denver is horrible...... love it!!!!!
Posted By: Dawgs4Life Re: Other Games - 10/18/19 09:13 AM
Watch Denver play well against us in a few weeks, but I think they’re a BAD team. Plus, they seemed checked out of it
Posted By: FATE Re: Other Games - 10/18/19 12:29 PM
jc

Waiting to hear the results of the MRI on Mahomes. I knew something "popped" back into place -- his kneecap was on sideways.

You wanna see a terrible offensive line? Look at Denver's. I don't care how formidable KC's front seven is, that pocket crumbled on every play.

Flacco played the 4th not giving a crap in the world what happened. You could see it in his face, his demeanor and nearly every throw. Things not looking too good in Denver.
Posted By: Dawgs4Life Re: Other Games - 10/18/19 12:41 PM
Yeah, Denver was embarrassing last night from an OL standpoint and from an effort standpoint
Posted By: Versatile Dog Re: Other Games - 10/18/19 12:45 PM
I think the MRI for Mahomes is scheduled for noon today. Good call on Denver's OL and Flacco. His body language irritated me. Passionless.
Posted By: Rishuz Re: Other Games - 10/18/19 12:51 PM
Sucks the Browns are at 2-4 with a possible Mahomes season ending injury.

Sometimes I wonder if we will ever get this thing turned around.
Posted By: Dawgs4Life Re: Other Games - 10/18/19 12:52 PM
Originally Posted By: Rishuz

Trying to be too negative, but I agree ... it was there for the taking this season, especially our division.
Posted By: Rishuz Re: Other Games - 10/18/19 12:57 PM
No Mahomes, no Big Ben, Cincy stinks, I still don't know what the hell Lamar Jackson is, Patriots don't have the weapons they used to...

Eh, I get on people for being a broken record on here, but I do it too...and my latest one is this will never get turned around until the coaches and players put the Browns first. When you finally recognize your obligation isn't to yourself but to the organization and fanbase to just win, I think we'll see a change. Until then, it's going to be more of the same.
Posted By: Dawgs4Life Re: Other Games - 10/18/19 01:09 PM
Yeah I agree .. it’s gotta be a sense of pride and urgency. I think that’s what Freddie means about being a TEAM too
Posted By: Bull_Dawg Re: Other Games - 10/18/19 01:09 PM
I honestly would not have been surprised if Flacco had decided to retire during halftime.

They had just won two games, scored an opening drive TD, and then to go that flat that quick at home. I thought our team was brittle.
Posted By: Rishuz Re: Other Games - 10/18/19 01:11 PM
Just to piggyback about what I mean about putting the Browns first...

At the end of the half against Seattle, Freddie was in such a hurry to score and get the ball back and show the world how smart he was, he lost sight of the fact that his job isn't to show the world how smart he is but to win the game. It's selfishness like that that will derail a game and even a season.

I'm not even sure I believe his reason for rushing at the end of the half. He could have just made that up to save face. In either case where was the focus on winning the game? Hard workers, smart game plans, and smart decisions. That's what this team needs.

I really hope we can get this turned around this season. Part of the reason we don't have people that put the Browns first is because we've built a culture of constant turnover. We don't need anymore turnover.
Posted By: Dawgs4Life Re: Other Games - 10/18/19 01:12 PM
I really wish Freddie would have lied and said “We thought the hurry up had them on their heels and we could score easier” ... at least then it would have been less of an issue
Posted By: rastanplan Re: Other Games - 10/18/19 01:24 PM
Yeah I agree .. it’s gotta be a sense of pride and urgency. I think that’s what Freddie means about being a TEAM too

Freddie dropped the ball hard, he showed up for the first game in the season like he was coming from a vacation...

Played the first games like it was pre-season, so IMHO, he just has to shut up and put in the hard work he should have putted since the start.

He and all the team. We can and should tolerate mistakes, but sloppy attitudes, buying into the hype without having proved nothing, that's what disgusts me the most.

What we are seeing now he saw every day... yet he chose to keep on ignoring the lack of discipline and the disrespect for the fundamentals... that's on coaching and management first.
Posted By: 3rd_and_20 Re: Other Games - 10/18/19 01:30 PM
Joe Flacco looks done.

He really does. That was one rough game for him last night.
Posted By: Dawgs4Life Re: Other Games - 10/18/19 02:15 PM
BTW, I noticed Ogbah making a few plays last night (batted down two balls of course)
Posted By: Rishuz Re: Other Games - 10/18/19 02:17 PM
Would love to have Zeitler, Ogbah, and Peppers. Sometimes just standing pat is ok.
Posted By: SuperBrown Re: Other Games - 10/18/19 03:42 PM
BTW, I noticed Ogbah making a few plays last night (batted down two balls of course)

Yes, these days the Chiefs are the Browns West. rofl
Posted By: OldColdDawg Re: Other Games - 10/18/19 04:54 PM
No Mahomes, no Big Ben, Cincy stinks, I still don't know what the hell Lamar Jackson is, Patriots don't have the weapons they used to...

Eh, I get on people for being a broken record on here, but I do it too...and my latest one is this will never get turned around until the coaches and players put the Browns first. When you finally recognize your obligation isn't to yourself but to the organization and fanbase to just win, I think we'll see a change. Until then, it's going to be more of the same.

I was just thinking the other day that this year's SB is going to be the two that sucked the least instead of the two best.
Posted By: EveDawg Re: Other Games - 10/18/19 05:57 PM

All of the teams are being parted like the Red Sea so that we can walk into the Superbowl. Now if only our coaches can somehow download Bill Belichek's brain and become smart.
Posted By: DCDAWGFAN Re: Other Games - 10/18/19 07:05 PM
Quote:
Now if only our coaches can somehow download Bill Belichek's brain and become smart.

Need to call a good Russian hacker to do it. I'm sure it can be done since... Belichick isn't human.
Posted By: myka Re: Other Games - 10/19/19 12:24 AM
Would love to have Zeitler, Ogbah, and Peppers. Sometimes just standing pat is ok.

Over Vernon and OBJ? Really?

I think the mistake was not getting a better O-lineman to replace Zeitler, but that's unrelated. We missed on Corbett, wish we drafted 1 more just to be safe, but every GM makes mistakes. I'm sure he'll get a couple guys this off season.

I always liked Ogbah, but for whatever reason he underachieved here. I'm glad he's somewhere he can succeed and we have a high quality guy to replace him.

Peppers just isn't anything special as a safety and was terrible as a return man. Like most ex-Browns I wish him all the best but do not miss him.
Posted By: Dawgs4Life Re: Other Games - 10/19/19 12:41 AM
I think we have to remember that we’d also have a first round OT most likely as well, so that evens it out a bit too
Posted By: Versatile Dog Re: Other Games - 10/19/19 11:46 AM
j/c:

I think the trades were fine. The bashing of Dorsey is kinda lame. This roster is soooooo much better since he took over. The criticism is not warranted because you can point to things in isolation, but it is much more wise to look at the sum of the whole rather than the parts.
Posted By: myka Re: Other Games - 10/19/19 05:17 PM
I think we have to remember that we’d also have a first round OT most likely as well, so that evens it out a bit too

Why? Without OBJ wouldn’t we have drafted a WR? Though I wouldn’t be mad at having Metcalf + Zeitler.

Hopefully OBJ ‘goes off’ soon and makes it clearly worthwhile
Posted By: PDXBrownsFan Re: Other Games - 10/19/19 08:24 PM
We all need to be huge Seahawks fans this week. We really don't want Baltimore to win another.
Posted By: Rishuz Re: Other Games - 10/19/19 08:25 PM
Originally Posted By: Versatile Dog
j/c:

I think the trades were fine. The bashing of Dorsey is kinda lame. This roster is soooooo much better since he took over. The criticism is not warranted because you can point to things in isolation, but it is much more wise to look at the sum of the whole rather than the parts.

Agree and disagree. The main player who is at the root of most of the issues is the most important player on the team by a long margin. He was the player Dorsey was brought here to secure. If he got it wrong, it won't matter what he's done with the rest of the team.

His second biggest decision was coach, and there's a chance he got that wrong as well. I don't think so but it hasn't been decided yet. But if Dorsey is wrong on one or both he's a complete failure.
Posted By: Dawgs4Life Re: Other Games - 10/19/19 08:30 PM
Jc

We REALLY need seattle to win. We can’t be 2-4 while Baltimore is 5-2
Posted By: OldColdDawg Re: Other Games - 10/19/19 10:52 PM
It's not outside the realm of possibilities that we win every division game this year and still don't make the playoffs. That would be a very browns thing to do.
Posted By: PDXBrownsFan Re: Other Games - 10/19/19 11:11 PM
Jc

Deja vu....pretty sure this was already said on the previous page, but hey...we can stress it more because it is HUGE for us and them.
Posted By: SuperBrown Re: Other Games - 10/19/19 11:32 PM
Jc

You mean 2-5.
Posted By: Dawgs4Life Re: Other Games - 10/20/19 09:20 AM
Well, yeah ... but I was just talking about this week
Posted By: mgh888 Re: Other Games - 10/20/19 03:51 PM
Really interested to see the Ravens Seahawks game. Refs aside, we really beat ourselves in that game - had every chance of winning it. I am going to really be interested to see how and if the Ravens hang with Seattle - how they do it - and how Seattle combats Lamar. Having walloped Ravens once, my gut just wants to say it's hard to beat a good team twice in a season, so there's every chance Ravens can/will beat us when we play again, but this game this weekend is a really good barometer.
Posted By: Dawgs4Life Re: Other Games - 10/20/19 04:26 PM
I think SF will aim to destroy and embarrass Washington today
Posted By: PastorMarc Re: Other Games - 10/20/19 05:16 PM
I would love to see the Bengals go 0-7 thumbsup
Posted By: Punchsmack Re: Other Games - 10/20/19 05:41 PM
Go Lions!
Posted By: Dawgs4Life Re: Other Games - 10/20/19 05:56 PM
Daniel Jones TD
Posted By: THROW LONG Re: Other Games - 10/20/19 06:06 PM
Originally Posted By: myka

Over Vernon and OBJ? Really!

Absolutely, we ain't all got to be fans of every move the team makes, just have to live with them.
Posted By: THROW LONG Re: Other Games - 10/20/19 06:09 PM
Other Games:

Bengals have some really bad linebackers. (exploit that!)
Posted By: SuperBrown Re: Other Games - 10/20/19 06:34 PM
I think SF will aim to destroy and embarrass Washington today

Posted By: EveDawg Re: Other Games - 10/20/19 06:54 PM
I don't understand Miami.
Posted By: Psydeffect Re: Other Games - 10/20/19 07:04 PM
Come on Bills!

Picking against Miami every week in survival football hasn't let me down yet. But the Bill's are really trying to botch this.
Posted By: Rishuz Re: Other Games - 10/20/19 07:19 PM
Originally Posted By: EveDawg
I don't understand Miami.

I don't understand the Falcons. How can they be that bad?
Posted By: Swish Re: Other Games - 10/20/19 07:46 PM
man Aaron Rodgers is DESTROYING the raiders. 5 TD's passing, 1 TD rushing, and over 420 yards.
Posted By: Knight Re: Other Games - 10/20/19 07:47 PM
I ask myself the same of the Browns.. superconfused
Posted By: Knight Re: Other Games - 10/20/19 07:49 PM
Originally Posted By: Swish
man Aaron Rodgers is DESTROYING the raiders. 5 TD's passing, 1 TD rushing, and over 420 yards.

Raiders over 300 yards passing, 150 rushing and only 17 points..sounds alot like us.
Posted By: Rishuz Re: Other Games - 10/20/19 08:03 PM
Originally Posted By: Knight
Originally Posted By: Swish

Raiders over 300 yards passing, 150 rushing and only 17 points..sounds alot like us.

Not only that but they were in the game about to score before the half and Carr fumbled into the endzone giving the Packers the ball with under 2 mins to go. Packers drove down and scored TD before the half. One big mistake and the team completely rolled over.

Very Browns like.
Posted By: Punchsmack Re: Other Games - 10/20/19 08:34 PM
Check the safety in the Saints and Bears game.

The punt was blocked and the ball is bouncing in the endzone, the punter bats it out of the back to avoid the defensive TD. Thing is, there’s a penalty for batting the ball, but in that situation batting the ball benefited the Bears. Shouldn’t the rule be an automatic TD if you bat the ball out the back in your own endzone?

What was the penalty flag for then? It’s still a safety.

Or should they lose 10 yards on the free kick?
Posted By: SuperBrown Re: Other Games - 10/20/19 08:36 PM
It sure is nice to go through a Sunday without seeing the Browns lose.

Aaron Rodgers accomplished in 1 game today more than Baker has in 6 weeks, minus the interceptions.
Posted By: Bard Dawg Re: Other Games - 10/20/19 08:53 PM
Cheesehead? What is the AR lovefest about?

Just popped in to say the Bengals really stunk it up, Dalton was very bad, and I don't know how they will stop anybody's run game.
Posted By: Punchsmack Re: Other Games - 10/20/19 09:06 PM
Go Seachickens!
Posted By: Dawgs4Life Re: Other Games - 10/20/19 09:09 PM
Come on seattle!
Posted By: Swish Re: Other Games - 10/20/19 09:37 PM
jc

Aight Vers, good predict on Jacoby Brissett.

dude tossed 4 TD's today and ripped up the texans. i am now a believer.
Posted By: Swish Re: Other Games - 10/20/19 09:39 PM
oh, and since becoming a starter, through 5 games, daniel jones has 7 int and 5 fumbles lost.

Old man Eli was bad, but he isnt this bad.
Posted By: Rishuz Re: Other Games - 10/20/19 09:59 PM
Ditto for me on Brisett, but you're wrong on Jones vs Eli.

Mistakes and all, Jones simply takes and makes throws Eli no longer will. It's like watching Kessler vs Baker. One gives you a little chance to win, mistakes and all. The other gives you no chance to win.
Posted By: Swish Re: Other Games - 10/20/19 10:04 PM
is he taking those chances because he's better than Eli, or because he's a rookie who doesn't know any better?

that isn't so cut and dry.
Posted By: Rishuz Re: Other Games - 10/20/19 10:07 PM
I would guess both.

But if you've watched Eli at all the last couple of years, you simply can't win with the way he plays. Unless you have a historic D.
Posted By: myka Re: Other Games - 10/20/19 10:14 PM
Man. Ravens getting away with the same stuff vs Seahawks the Refs flagged us for last week frown
Posted By: leadtheway Re: Other Games - 10/20/19 10:33 PM
Hate we lost to Seattle. They simply aren’t that good
Posted By: keithfromxenia Re: Other Games - 10/20/19 10:39 PM
“Where was his focus on winning the game”?? Are you serious rishuz?? Don’t you think putting two scores on the board in the last two minutes of the first half would have gone a long way toward winning the game? Of course it would have. Freddie was guilty of thinking his offense could do way more than it probably could do. I think he will soon learn to temper aggressiveness with a moderation of expectations. When he does he will settle for running the clock down and putting one score on the board.

Assigning any sort of motivation to Freddie’s actions besides winning the game is you inventing something out of wholecloth. No evidence whatsoever.
Posted By: Dawgs4Life Re: Other Games - 10/20/19 10:41 PM
Seattle needs to step up ... Ravens on the verge of5-2
Posted By: myka Re: Other Games - 10/20/19 10:51 PM
LOL, roughing the passer against Ravens on 3rd and 23rd and that makes it a 1st down?

that's insane.
Posted By: Rishuz Re: Other Games - 10/20/19 10:51 PM
Originally Posted By: keithfromxenia
No evidence whatsoever.

2-4
Posted By: myka Re: Other Games - 10/20/19 10:54 PM
I'm glad it hurts the Ravens, but holding on a punt that wasn't even returned? They should just get rid of punts/kickoffs at this point. There's a penalty on almost every single one.
Posted By: leadtheway Re: Other Games - 10/20/19 10:56 PM
Mark Andrews straight trash today
Posted By: myka Re: Other Games - 10/20/19 10:56 PM
Ok, looks like Refs are going to work on the Ravens to give Seattle a chance to win. Phew, looked like they were gonna run away with it.
Posted By: myka Re: Other Games - 10/20/19 10:57 PM
Originally Posted By: leadtheway
Mark Andrews straight trash today

Yeah, I mean, it's really rainy and lamar is throwing knuckle balls, but he should still have caught all 3 drops.
Posted By: myka Re: Other Games - 10/20/19 10:59 PM
Sigh, Jackson is a super gifted running back. Respect to the Ravens for identifying the late value, and adapting an offense to use a generational talent. Wish Browns would do that sometime.
Posted By: leadtheway Re: Other Games - 10/20/19 11:00 PM
It’s def Baltimore’s division to lose
Posted By: Dawgs4Life Re: Other Games - 10/20/19 11:07 PM
Baltimore running away with it
Posted By: Dawgs4Life Re: Other Games - 10/20/19 11:11 PM
Chargers gonna charger
Posted By: Rishuz Re: Other Games - 10/20/19 11:11 PM

Last week, Seattle traveled east for an early game, a certain death knell for west coast teams. They played a Cleveland team that dominated the first half right up until a series of the usual mental gaffes by Cleveland, and Seattle did what a lot of west coast teams find hard to do...they beat the east coast team in their time zone.

This week Baltimore traveled west to play that same Seattle team with a huge home field advantage. This Baltimore team lost it's three best defensive players in the off season. They lost their best safety due to injury. They have a weird RB/QB combo who plays the QB position. And they won.

The Baltimore Ravens are a winning organization. The Cleveland Browns are a losing organization.

The Ravens are winners. The Browns are losers.

The Browns are straight trash.
Posted By: AlwaysABrownsFan Re: Other Games - 10/20/19 11:11 PM
Looks great now but we all know what happens to running QBs eventually. Just a matter of time..
Posted By: myka Re: Other Games - 10/20/19 11:12 PM
Metcalf just straight up drops the ball for no reason.

God definitely hates the Cleveland Browns.
Posted By: YTownBrownsFan Re: Other Games - 10/20/19 11:13 PM
Credit where due .... Jackson does a great job of protecting himself as a runner. He never seems to take a big hit.
Posted By: myka Re: Other Games - 10/20/19 11:14 PM
"re-establish in bounds" is only 2 feet inbounds? I don't think the rule has ever worked like that before.
Posted By: myka Re: Other Games - 10/20/19 11:14 PM
Also look how the ball just rolls perfectly down the sideline as if an invisible force is preventing it from going out of bounds.

LOL

Metcalf dropped the game winner vs us and Refs called it a catch, then even if it was a fumble it went out of bounds.

It's TOO ON THE NOSE to be accidental. I'm losing my mind I think frown Help
Posted By: leadtheway Re: Other Games - 10/20/19 11:16 PM
Other teams going out and fixing their holes, like what Baltimore did with peters. Meanwhile we do nothing. A loss against NE pretty much a wrap for us this year with the way Baltimore playing
Posted By: Rishuz Re: Other Games - 10/20/19 11:18 PM
There's no way we are beating NE.

I'm anxious for the line to come out. I want to make some money.
Posted By: Dawgs4Life Re: Other Games - 10/20/19 11:18 PM
Lamar is really coming into his own ... he knows his strengths (and their coaches do as well)
Posted By: Rishuz Re: Other Games - 10/20/19 11:22 PM
I don't know if he's coming into his own. He's trash as a passer, but he plays for an organization that knows how to win. Organizations matter. Look at the Saints.
Posted By: Steubenvillian Re: Other Games - 10/20/19 11:23 PM
Beating the Ravens again is going to be a tall task.
Posted By: leadtheway Re: Other Games - 10/20/19 11:23 PM
Looks like Mariota era is finally over
Posted By: leadtheway Re: Other Games - 10/20/19 11:30 PM
Man Chicago needs to move on from trubisky quickly. He’s killing that team
Posted By: Swish Re: Other Games - 10/20/19 11:33 PM
LAMAAAAAR JACKSON!!!
Posted By: Knight Re: Other Games - 10/20/19 11:40 PM

The Baltimore Ravens are a winning organization. The Cleveland Browns are a losing organization.

The Ravens are winners. The Browns are losers.

The Browns are straight trash.

I hate admitting the Browns are losers but looking back over the last 20 years I must concede the facts are in your favor. tongue
Posted By: Dawgs4Life Re: Other Games - 10/20/19 11:44 PM
yep, he’ll be elsewhere next season
Posted By: bonefish Re: Other Games - 10/20/19 11:49 PM

Lamar seems almost impossible to tackle in space. I have seen this before when I lived in Atlanta with Vick.

He has improved as a passer and I give him credit for it.

Long term may be a problem. Because history shows that quarterbacks who run that much; pay a heavy price.
Posted By: Tulsa Re: Other Games - 10/20/19 11:54 PM
yep, he’ll be elsewhere next season

If he could only play us every week.
Posted By: Dawgs4Life Re: Other Games - 10/21/19 12:03 AM
Boys vs Iggles tonight ... I have a feeling Philly makes a good showing
Posted By: EveDawg Re: Other Games - 10/21/19 12:07 AM
Eh. We stomped the Ravens in their house. We will stomp them again.

Our destiny is our own. We need to win games and not depend on other teams losing.
Posted By: keithfromxenia Re: Other Games - 10/21/19 12:20 AM
Eve, next week will be tough. But in our last nine games every one is a winnable game. Not saying we will win every one but we could. I think these fans who are jumping off the bandwagon will regret it down the road. Freddie spoke often in preseason about needing to learn how this team will react to adversity. We are going to know soon.
Posted By: Tulsa Re: Other Games - 10/21/19 12:27 AM
Originally Posted By: EveDawg
Eh. We stomped the Ravens in their house. We will stomp them again.

Our destiny is our own. We need to win games and not depend on other teams losing.

Is there some reason why we’re adding so much suspense to our destiny, instead of just beating everyone and moving on to the next victim?
Posted By: keithfromxenia Re: Other Games - 10/21/19 12:27 AM
so let me get this straight. Our record of 2-4 shows that Freddie is selfish and wants to show everybody he is the smartest person on the field. I have listened to about every press conference he has given and he seems pretty humble to me. Again you are assigning two character traits to Freddie without a shred of proof . At least come up with something besides our record.
Posted By: Swish Re: Other Games - 10/21/19 12:32 AM
We’re 2nd in the nfl in penalties and penalty yards.
Posted By: Versatile Dog Re: Other Games - 10/21/19 12:40 AM
j/c:

--The SF/Washington game reminded me of old-time football. Muddy field w/small ponds on it. The 49er D is for real. Bosa's sack and swan dive cracked me up.

--Atlanta was picked by some to be in the Super Bowl. They are straight trash right now.

--The Rams won big, but are missing something. I saw Gurley refuse to exchange a high five w/a coach after he didn't get the ball on the goal line.

--Lamar Jackson is playing better than any of the qbs in that draft class.

--Peters was making plays for the Rats.

--Detroit got hosed again by the refs.

--Cousins looked good, though.

--The Chargers are beat up so bad. Never saw so many injuries to one team.

--I predicted Tannehil would take over for Mariotta before the season. He's better.

--Fitz for Miami has a big heart. It's obvious Rosen is a bust.

--The Bengals are straight trash.

--ARod had one heckuva a game. Carr dinks and dunks it too much. Hard to sustain drives.

--Sean Payton should be coach of the year. Nagy is a moron. Trubisky stinks so bad. It's amazing that Mahomes and Watson were taken after him.

--Colts are a sound team. They have an impressive coach and Brissett is doing well. That was a very good game.

--Cowboys off to a hot start.
Posted By: Rishuz Re: Other Games - 10/21/19 12:42 AM
This is obviously upsetting you quite a bit. You don't have to agree with me.

But if Freddie was concerned with winning and not being the smartest guy in the room, he wouldn't have been running a hurry up at the end of the first half last week, set to go up two scores, with a 1:30 left, with Seattle having no timeouts, and Cleveland having all of theirs.

His actions were either dumb and he lied about his intentions in the presser or he was telling the truth in the presser. I'm not actually sure which one would be worse. In either case, he was doing the exact opposite of what you should do to try and win the game. What should we attribute that to? Stupidity? Stubborness? Something else? All I know is it was a turning point in the game the Browns never recovered from. His team was shell shocked.

Make decisions with your foundation that you are making them to win the game. He was making his decision to demonstrate that we could be some high powered offense and run up the score. Why? Because the analytics said so? Freddie isn't good enough to try to buck trends or create trends. Freddie needs to act in the best interest of the team that employs him.

We are 2-4 because of our coach and QB. The leader in our division has a 3 game lead on the Browns. They just beat the team we just lost to on their home field. We have the Patriots next. The season is over.

And on top of all that, I'm in a bad mood. Lost a ton of money today.
Posted By: Rishuz Re: Other Games - 10/21/19 12:43 AM
Agree with all of that.
Posted By: Dawgs4Life Re: Other Games - 10/21/19 12:44 AM
And of course Dallas jumps all over Philly
Posted By: PDXBrownsFan Re: Other Games - 10/21/19 12:59 AM
At the end of the day we need to take care of our own and not worry about other teams. If we win it makes things A LOT easier.
Posted By: Psydeffect Re: Other Games - 10/21/19 01:11 AM
Quote:

We are 2-4 because of our coach and QB. The leader in our division has a 3 game lead on the Browns. They just beat the team we just lost to on their home field. We have the Patriots next. The season is over.

That is the truth, probably would be a different story if Gregg was the guy. But oh well no big deal, it's just another lost season. Freddie will be fired at season's end and we'll have a roster full of a talent next year. I just hope they hire the right coach next time around.
Posted By: Versatile Dog Re: Other Games - 10/21/19 01:20 AM
Barnett just faked an injury because Dallas was in hurry-up. Man, that was beyond obvious. rofl
Posted By: PDXBrownsFan Re: Other Games - 10/21/19 01:29 AM
Barnett just faked an injury because Dallas was in hurry-up. Man, that was beyond obvious. rofl

Proof that flops are not just by soccer players.
Posted By: Versatile Dog Re: Other Games - 10/21/19 01:41 AM
A lot of people hate him, but Chris Collinsworth really knows the game. His breakdowns on replays are spot-on.
Posted By: Rishuz Re: Other Games - 10/21/19 01:42 AM
Originally Posted By: Psydeffect
Quote:

That is the truth, probably would be a different story if Gregg was the guy. But oh well no big deal, it's just another lost season. Freddie will be fired at season's end and we'll have a roster full of a talent next year. I just hope they hire the right coach next time around.

I'm not giving up on Freddie but he's a big reason why we are where we are,
Posted By: Versatile Dog Re: Other Games - 10/21/19 01:47 AM
I made a comment earlier in the season about Philly's OL being bad and a few posters were talking about their high rating, but I'm sorry...........they are overrated.
Posted By: Versatile Dog Re: Other Games - 10/21/19 01:52 AM
Man, Dak playing QB. Calling audibles. Catching the Eagles in the wrong personnel groups. Faking throws with his eyes and shoulder shimmy. Throwing the ball away instead of forcing it into coverage. And I think the dude was a 4th round pick.
Posted By: Versatile Dog Re: Other Games - 10/21/19 01:54 AM
Hell of a kick. What was that? 63 yards?
Posted By: FATE Re: Other Games - 10/21/19 01:57 AM
Yep. Good from about 67.5
Posted By: Versatile Dog Re: Other Games - 10/21/19 02:00 AM
Wow!
Posted By: Versatile Dog Re: Other Games - 10/21/19 02:05 AM
Thinking about other games...........

The Chiefs OL stinks. They have lost 2 or 3 starters and are 5 and 2.

The 49ers have lost both starting OTs and many other players and are undefeated.

The Saints lost Drew Brees and played today w/out Kamara and Cooks and dominated the Bears.

The Patriots have had a ton of injuries and their OL is putrid, but yet they are undefeated.

The Colts lost a great qb and have had a ton of injuries, but their backup qb is playing much better than our so-called HOFer.

Time to own up, folks.
Posted By: SuperBrown Re: Other Games - 10/21/19 02:05 AM
And we still suck!
Posted By: Versatile Dog Re: Other Games - 10/21/19 02:08 AM
We do right now. However, there is still time to right the ship.
Posted By: chirp30 Re: Other Games - 10/21/19 02:49 AM
If anyone is watching the Cowboys game I was wondering if anyone noticed the Eagles running backs face shield #24.
Posted By: Versatile Dog Re: Other Games - 10/21/19 03:04 AM
Did Agolar just slow up and not dive so he would not be credited w/a drop? Man, that looked lame. And then, Wentz fumbles on the next play.
Posted By: cfrs15 Re: Other Games - 10/21/19 03:07 AM
Agholor definitely held up on that play. If he lays out for that ball he definitely has a chance.
Posted By: cfrs15 Re: Other Games - 10/21/19 03:08 AM
Agholor definitely held up on that play. If he lays out for that ball he definitely has a chance.

Posted By: Versatile Dog Re: Other Games - 10/21/19 03:08 AM
Agreed.

I wonder if his rep for dropping passes influenced his lack of effort?
Posted By: cfrs15 Re: Other Games - 10/21/19 03:12 AM
Agreed.

I wonder if his rep for dropping passes influenced his lack of effort?

I was thinking more self preservation than anything. Down twenty in fourth quarter and not wanting to get hurt. Either way it was lame.
Posted By: Versatile Dog Re: Other Games - 10/21/19 03:22 AM
j/c:

I gave my opinion on this week's games, but I forgot at least one item.

My boy, Teddie "Two Gloves" Bridewater, guided NO to a 4 and 0 record against very good competition. I always liked the dude. He had one of the most devastating injuries of all time.

One thing I want to note. Yeah, Teddie doesn't dazzle you w/a ton of wow throws, but he will throw the ball into the dirt to avoid sacks and doesn't hold it too long. He makes plays to help his team win. There is something to be said for game managers and how they might be better for your team than dudes who play "hero" ball.
Posted By: Swish Re: Other Games - 10/21/19 03:34 AM
He progressed every year he started and led his team to the playoffs with the Vikings.

Who knows what His career would look like now if not for that injury.
Posted By: Dawgs4Life Re: Other Games - 10/21/19 09:07 AM
Dallas got back to being good last night ... their LBs are very good and they controlled the LOS
Posted By: FloridaFan Re: Other Games - 10/21/19 11:39 AM
Yeah, looked heavily tinted. Wasn't that what they complained about OBJ that one game?
Posted By: GratefulDawg Re: Other Games - 10/21/19 12:47 PM
Posted By: Dawgs4Life Re: Other Games - 10/21/19 12:57 PM
I thought OBJ claimed he had a doctor’s note as well, lol not that it really matters
Posted By: Bull_Dawg Re: Other Games - 10/21/19 03:28 PM
That onside kick TD by Buffalo was pretty wild.
Posted By: Dawgs4Life Re: Other Games - 10/21/19 04:13 PM
Yeah, I thought it was illegal to advance an onside kick ... but I was clearly wrong lol
Posted By: cfrs15 Re: Other Games - 10/21/19 04:54 PM
Yeah, I thought it was illegal to advance an onside kick ... but I was clearly wrong lol

You can't advance it if you are the kicking team.
Posted By: Dawgs4Life Re: Other Games - 10/21/19 05:29 PM

You can't advance it if you are the kicking team.
Thank you.
Posted By: Tulsa Re: Other Games - 10/22/19 12:49 AM
It doesn’t matter the opponent, and it doesn’t matter the receiver, Brady just drops it in there with perfect timing.
Posted By: Versatile Dog Re: Other Games - 10/22/19 12:50 AM
The Pats are all over the Jets. Good. They have a short week and we are coming off a bye and historically speaking, the winning team of Monday night game struggles a bit.

We have a good chance of upsetting them given the circumstances.
Posted By: Rishuz Re: Other Games - 10/22/19 12:54 AM
I don't think we are beating that defense.

Yikes.
Posted By: leadtheway Re: Other Games - 10/22/19 12:55 AM
None of the normality applies to Pats. They are in a league of their own. They will pound us. Like they have every team. Delusional to think we are any different
Posted By: Rishuz Re: Other Games - 10/22/19 12:56 AM
Agreed.

The only hope is to see if we can dig ourselves out of a 2-5 hole after the Patriots game.
Posted By: Rishuz Re: Other Games - 10/22/19 01:00 AM
Who has better pocket presence than Brady?

Other than Montana, no one comes close.
Posted By: Rishuz Re: Other Games - 10/22/19 01:00 AM
Block in the back?

Wow.
Posted By: Versatile Dog Re: Other Games - 10/22/19 01:01 AM
Dude said it was a "good call" on Edelman? LMAO. It was a terrible call.
Posted By: Rishuz Re: Other Games - 10/22/19 01:02 AM
Dude said it was a "good call" on Edelman? LMAO. It was a terrible call.

That was the ref broadcaster sticking up for his brethren.

Pathetic.
Posted By: Rishuz Re: Other Games - 10/22/19 01:04 AM
I find it interesting how Belicheck tracks things on the sideline.

This has become one big science experiment for him.
Posted By: leadtheway Re: Other Games - 10/22/19 01:05 AM
Watching that freddie? Inside the 5.. run 3 straight times
Posted By: Rishuz Re: Other Games - 10/22/19 01:05 AM
Love how Patriots stuck with run there. Three straight times.
Posted By: bonefish Re: Other Games - 10/22/19 01:08 AM

Watching the Pat's. They don't do anything special. Not on offense and not on defense.

They just execute. And they do that exceptionally well.

You can see the plays coming. Not difficult.

But they are so hard to stop.

I think they can be beaten. Just not sure the Browns can play at that level of mistake free football.
Posted By: leadtheway Re: Other Games - 10/22/19 01:13 AM
Originally Posted By: bonefish

Watching the Pat's. They don't do anything special. Not on offense and not on defense.

I think they can be beaten. Just not sure the Browns can play at that level of mistake free football.

Actually they do everything well, they just make it look easy
Posted By: Versatile Dog Re: Other Games - 10/22/19 01:16 AM
I don't know, bro. I think that their talent is not all that great, but they have great coaching and know how to win.

Other than Shanny in SF, McDaniels is probably the best offensive mind in the league. Their defensive schemes are unique. They are constantly creating clear paths to the qb by attacking certain parts of the line.

And I didn't even mention Brady. Did you see that graphic about how fast he gets rid of the ball. Their OL stinks, but Brady covers for them.
Posted By: Rishuz Re: Other Games - 10/22/19 01:16 AM
Originally Posted By: bonefish

Actually they do everything well, they just make it look easy

I agree with both of you.
Posted By: SuperBrown Re: Other Games - 10/22/19 01:17 AM
The Patriots are going to beat the %^&* out of us.
Posted By: Dawgs4Life Re: Other Games - 10/22/19 01:22 AM
The pats are a machine ... they will dismantle all of our weaknesses
Posted By: Versatile Dog Re: Other Games - 10/22/19 01:38 AM
Darnold is looking bad in this first half.
Posted By: bonefish Re: Other Games - 10/22/19 01:39 AM

They knew what to expect from GW. He was throwing on one step drop. Run, screen, slant all very quick plays.

The downfield shots were all set up early from WCO type quick read and throw. Then play action.

Play action has been the standard for a longtime. It is all about how you set it up.

Your right Shanahan runs a very similar scheme.

We can not play two linebackers against them. We have to stuff the run game early. Put them in third and long. Watch this game. Look at the play selection on third and six to ten.

When you have the continuity they have. When you draft or bring in new guys they are coached from within. Everyone knows "their job".

It is about attention to detail.
Posted By: Rishuz Re: Other Games - 10/22/19 01:40 AM
Edelman drops a lot of passes.
Posted By: bonefish Re: Other Games - 10/22/19 01:42 AM

On defense like the Collins blitz. It is on options to open lanes.

You have to have a back or TE ready. Read their pre-snap for the gap. They are looking for that free rusher.
Posted By: FATE Re: Other Games - 10/22/19 02:19 AM
Darnold football IQ in the Brandon Weedon range tonight. When in doubt - just close your eyes and throw it in the sky. Wow.
Posted By: TrooperDawg Re: Other Games - 10/22/19 02:21 AM
Don't worry, Colin will make Sammy sound like an all-star tomorrow. Four interceptions...lol.
Posted By: Versatile Dog Re: Other Games - 10/22/19 02:23 AM
Like a lot of young qbs that are entering the NFL from spread type offenses............his mechanics are awful. It's amazing to me how many of these guys throw off their back foot.

I don't know how many of you guys played sports and ever threw a ball, but throwing off your back foot is so dumb and should only be a last resort.
Posted By: Swish Re: Other Games - 10/22/19 02:23 AM
Darnold with 5 total turnovers?

He decided he wanted to be Daniel Jones tonight.
Posted By: Versatile Dog Re: Other Games - 10/22/19 02:23 AM
LOL.........Booger just said the same thing about mechanics and throwing off the back foot.
Posted By: Swish Re: Other Games - 10/22/19 02:24 AM
Like a lot of young qbs that are entering the NFL from spread type offenses............his mechanics are awful. It's amazing to me how many of these guys throw off their back foot.

I don't know how many of you guys played sports and ever threw a ball, but throwing off your back foot is so dumb and should only be a last resort.

My coach in HS told our QB that if you throw the ball off your back foot, it better be a throw out of bounds to avoid the sack, or you’re getting benched.
Posted By: FATE Re: Other Games - 10/22/19 02:29 AM
In all seriousness, this may be the worst display of "quarterbacking" I've ever witnessed.
Posted By: Versatile Dog Re: Other Games - 10/22/19 02:38 AM
j/c:

Brady is so freaking good at getting rid of the ball quick. Their OL stinks, but Brady is able to compensate by making quick reads. It's freaking awesome to watch.
Posted By: leadtheway Re: Other Games - 10/22/19 02:51 AM
Darnold is garbage
Posted By: Homewood Dog Re: Other Games - 10/22/19 02:58 AM
Sadly, we have very little chance of beating the Pats next Sunday. I just hope we don't get embarrassed like the 49ers game. frown
Posted By: Rishuz Re: Other Games - 10/22/19 02:58 AM
Here's a sobering thought...

The Ravens are our team and Belichick is our coach.
Posted By: FATE Re: Other Games - 10/22/19 03:02 AM
Here's a sobering thought...

The Ravens are our team and Belichick is our coach.

That ain't no sobering thought bro... That's a "go pour another drink" thought.
Posted By: YTownBrownsFan Re: Other Games - 10/22/19 03:10 AM
Just showed a graphic:

91 opponent drives

3 TD allowed

21 takeaways.

crazy
Posted By: YTownBrownsFan Re: Other Games - 10/22/19 03:12 AM
One other thing:

The Pats came in allowing 8 ... yes 8 points per game.

That will go down if this game holds up. shocked
Posted By: SuperBrown Re: Other Games - 10/22/19 03:41 AM
Browns 8
Patriots 88
Posted By: teedub Re: Other Games - 10/22/19 09:29 AM
Interesting graphic on how tough the patriots are at week 7....their first seven opponents have a record of something like 12 and 28....their next six opponents have a record of something like 24-12....that was shown during the game last night....you are supposed to beat bad teams yes.....but that is all they have played so it is kinda hard to judge them IMO
Posted By: Tulsa Re: Other Games - 10/22/19 09:51 AM
Originally Posted By: teedub
Interesting graphic on how tough the patriots are at week 7....their first seven opponents have a record of something like 12 and 28....their next six opponents have a record of something like 24-12....that was shown during the game last night....you are supposed to beat bad teams yes.....but that is all they have played so it is kinda hard to judge them IMO

Using those numbers, their first 8 opponents have a record of 14 and 32. Yep, supposed to beat the bad teams.
Posted By: Dawgs4Life Re: Other Games - 10/22/19 10:53 AM
A few thoughts from last night:

- The Pats are a machine and their defense is the best they’ve had in 15 years
- We are in for a long Sunday next week, mostly because they own young QBs
- Darnold was quite bad
- So, what do we think of last year’s QB class as of now? Baker, Darnold, Allen, Rosen, Jackson
Posted By: devicedawg Re: Other Games - 10/22/19 11:28 AM
In the famous words of Denny Green, if you want to crown'em, crown their arses, but the Patriots are who we thought they were.

In other words, if we don't turn the ball over we will beat them. This isn't rocket science, it's football. I'm kinda glad that just about everyone thinks we have no chance because that's when we are at our best. Last time everyone thought we'd get killed we hung 40 points on the ravens.

We may not win because we like to turn the ball over, but there will be no blow out.
Posted By: DCDAWGFAN Re: Other Games - 10/22/19 02:03 PM
I appreciate your optimism.. I think our only chance to win is..

- We need a great performance by the defense
- We need to protect the football on offense
- We need to get SOME points any chance we get
- It needs to be a low scoring game

Even if all that happens, it means we are going into the final 8 minutes in a 1 score game with the Patriots... and it's hard to imagine Kitchens/Mayfield being more clutch in the final few minutes than Belichick/Brady...

Posted By: Dawgs4Life Re: Other Games - 10/22/19 02:19 PM
The thing about the Patriots is: they just find ways to win. Even if we play our best and have a great showing, they’ll still beat us. We’ve all seen it happen .. they get outplayed, get a few bad breaks, etc ... and still win it somehow.
Posted By: jfanent Re: Other Games - 10/22/19 02:33 PM
...like the onside kick where we didn't line anyone up in the center of the line? superconfused
Posted By: devicedawg Re: Other Games - 10/22/19 02:36 PM
I agree that the Patriots are the better team...

But I think most on here underestimate us, as well as overrate the Patriots.

They played the Jets twice, outscoring them 63-14.
They played the Dolphins and Redskins who are the two worst teams in the NFL.
The Giants aren't great either.
They dominated the Steelers who struggled early even with Ben and are now 2-4 like us.
The best team they've faced is the Bills. They put up only 16 points against them.

I'm not necessarily predicting we're going to win, but it's not as far-fetched as people want to believe. This isn't a David-Goliath type battle. I agree we need to keep the turnovers to roughly zero. But this is certainly a winnable game.

They are coming off Monday night and after us they play the Ravens (primetime), Eagles, Cowboys, Texans (primetime) and Chiefs. We are most likely seen as the easiest team on that stretch of schedule. This is the epitome of "trap game" if someone liked to use that term.

If we learned anything the first 6 games and we addressed some of those issues during the bye week (and we're definitely hungry for a win) we should be right there in this game.

Turnovers will hurt us and we'll lose. If no turnovers by us, we can win. That's essentially it... these aren't the same Browns.
Posted By: Dawgs4Life Re: Other Games - 10/22/19 02:41 PM
Originally Posted By: jfanent
...like the onside kick where we didn't line anyone up in the center of the line? superconfused
haha exactly
Posted By: Dawgs4Life Re: Other Games - 10/22/19 02:42 PM
J/C

In general, when one team NEVER beats themselves (NE) and one team ALWAYS beats themselves (CLE) ... that’s not a good recipe for a victory
Posted By: Swish Re: Other Games - 10/22/19 02:49 PM
AND the patriots just traded for mohamed Sanu from the falcons.

man we're about to get stomped next week.
Posted By: DCDAWGFAN Re: Other Games - 10/22/19 04:22 PM
Quote:
Turnovers will hurt us and we'll lose. If no turnovers by us, we can win. That's essentially it... these aren't the same Browns.

If we have turnovers and beat ourselves we will get run out of the building the way the Jets did.

If we don't have turnovers and beat ourselves we have a chance to keep it close.. if we keep it close, it comes down to crunch time and who can make plays to win games.. Kitchens/Mayfield or Belichick/Brady...

This isn't a knock on the Browns, Belichick/Brady have been doing this for 20 years against combos like Cowher/Roethlisberger, Tomlin/Roethlisberger, Dungy/Manning, Caldwell/Manning, Carroll/Wilson, Quinn/Ryan etc... they don't lose many close games even against veteran coaches/QB combinations...

Can we win? Yea, of course we can.. but I would be surprised.. I'll be rooting anyway. thumbsup
Posted By: Dawgs4Life Re: Other Games - 10/22/19 04:23 PM
J/c

The Pats also prey on young QBs ... and we’ve seen Baker struggle to recognize coverages, so I’d expect us to have a LOT of chubb if we want to win
Posted By: DCDAWGFAN Re: Other Games - 10/22/19 04:25 PM
Quote:
so I’d expect us to have a LOT of chubb if we want to win

I'll have a lot of Chubb if we win. tongue
Posted By: cfrs15 Re: Other Games - 10/22/19 04:31 PM
J/c

The Pats also prey on young QBs ... and we’ve seen Baker struggle to recognize coverages, so I’d expect us to have a LOT of chubb if we want to win

Here is a list of every first or second year QB that has started against the Patriots since 2000:

http://pfref.com/tiny/WxnCC

A first or second year QB has not beaten the Patriots since Ryan Tannehill in 2013.
Posted By: Dawgs4Life Re: Other Games - 10/22/19 04:34 PM
J/c

Here is a list of every first or second year QB that has started against the Patriots since 2000:

A first or second year QB has not beaten the Patriots since Ryan Tannehill in 2013.
thats not ideal for us
Posted By: Dawgs4Life Re: Other Games - 10/22/19 04:34 PM
Originally Posted By: DCDAWGFAN
Quote:
so I’d expect us to have a LOT of chubb if we want to win

I'll have a lot of Chubb if we win. tongue

brownie
Posted By: Versatile Dog Re: Other Games - 10/22/19 04:42 PM
J/c

Cool stat, but Mahomes and the Chiefs put up 40 and 31 in the two games the Pats and Chiefs played last year.
Posted By: Swish Re: Other Games - 10/22/19 04:46 PM
Who won
Posted By: SuperBrown Re: Other Games - 10/22/19 05:09 PM
I don't even want to watch this massacre, but it is kind of like a car crash...You have to look.
© DawgTalkers.net