DawgTalkers.net
Posted By: Punchsmack Other games - 12/27/13 08:07 PM
I'm picking the Eagles and Packers in two blowouts to earn playoff births.

I'd bet the January mortgage payment Cutler lays the biggest egg on Sunday (145 yards, 3 INTs and 5 sacks, 1 fumble & a lot of "dumbface" expressions).
Posted By: Swish Re: Other games - 12/27/13 08:32 PM
Quote:

I'm picking the Eagles and Packers in two blowouts to earn playoff births.

I'd bet the January mortgage payment Cutler lays the biggest egg on Sunday (145 yards, 3 INTs and 5 sacks, 1 fumble & a lot of "dumbface" expressions).

if he plays like he did with the eagles, we better not even think about going after him in the off season.
Posted By: Dawg_LB Re: Other games - 12/27/13 08:41 PM
I agree, Eagles over Romo, I mean Orton lmfao - and GB over Chicago.

Jay Cutler
Posted By: Punchsmack Re: Other games - 12/27/13 09:25 PM
Quote:

if he plays like he did with the eagles, we better not even think about going after him in the off season.

If he plays like Peyton Manning this weekend I still don't want Cutler here.
Posted By: oobernoober Re: Other games - 12/27/13 09:43 PM
I bet Orton plays well and makes the game really close.
Posted By: no_logo_required Re: Other games - 12/28/13 01:58 AM
Cowboys are just bad.

Bears v. Packers is a tossup
Posted By: RageDawg Re: Other games - 12/28/13 02:06 AM
Quote:

I bet Orton plays well and makes the game really close.

I agree. Orton has done nothing but play well wherever he has been.
Posted By: Dawg_LB Re: Other games - 12/29/13 09:05 PM
Carolina just earned a first round bye
Posted By: CalDawg Re: Other games - 12/29/13 09:08 PM
Quote:

Carolina just earned a first round bye

My new favorite team.
Posted By: Adam_P Re: Other games - 12/29/13 09:13 PM
It's great that CBS is showing NE-BUF here instead of a game that actually determines if a team gets into the playoffs.
Posted By: YTownBrownsFan Re: Other games - 12/29/13 09:19 PM
Quote:

It's great that CBS is showing NE-BUF here instead of a game that actually determines if a team gets into the playoffs.

It does matter as far as playoff seeding goes though.
Posted By: Adam_P Re: Other games - 12/29/13 09:26 PM
Yeah, but nobody cares if NE or CIN gets the bye. Everyone cares whether or not PIT gets in.
Posted By: jfanent Re: Other games - 12/29/13 10:39 PM
Anybody just see that crazy play in Chicago? Everyone thought it was an incomplete pass.....the sidelines screamed at Boykin to run it in for the GB TD. Hilarious.
Posted By: tastybrownies Re: Other games - 12/29/13 10:40 PM
Very interesting call in the Green Bay vs Chicago game.
Posted By: YTownBrownsFan Re: Other games - 12/29/13 10:44 PM
Looks to me like they got it right. Amazing that so many people ignored the ball though, especially without a whistle by anyone.
Posted By: Adam_P Re: Other games - 12/29/13 10:57 PM
Should've been whistled down after #11 picked it up and stood there.
Posted By: YTownBrownsFan Re: Other games - 12/29/13 11:00 PM
As long as he was untouched, the officials are under no edict to whistle the play dead.

Other games..... Peyton manning has 4 TD pases at the half, and the Broncos lead the Terrell Pryor led Raiders 31-0.

KC, sitting everyone, leads San Diego, who just needs to win to get into the playoffs, 21-14. If San Diego manages to lose to the Chiefs, who are sitting something like 15 players, then they deserves to not make the playoffs. Of course, that would mean that the Steelers would ,make it, and that would suck.
Posted By: Adam_P Re: Other games - 12/29/13 11:15 PM
It's my understanding that if no player is attempting to advance the ball it is to be blown dead. I would consider willfully standing there, not moving, with your back to the endzone a failure to advance.
Posted By: Woofurious Re: Other games - 12/29/13 11:16 PM
Well SD is getting their butts handed to them by KC backups.

So now we get to listen to "Pukesburgh's improbable Cinderella story" for the rest of however long their season is . Ya know? Just to rub a little salt in our salt.

Does it ever end?
Posted By: YTownBrownsFan Re: Other games - 12/29/13 11:27 PM
Quote:

It's my understanding that if no player is attempting to advance the ball it is to be blown dead. I would consider willfully standing there, not moving, with your back to the endzone a failure to advance.

If a player, near the end of the game, breaks free for a TD, but stops at the goalline to kill clock, before finally scoring, the officials aren't going to blow the play dead when he stops. I actually don't think that he stood there for that long. He kind of jogged after the ball, picked it up after bobbling it a few times, then stood there for a second or 2 until Rodgers came up and yelled for him to run. The officials can't let such a play go forever, but I don't think that a couple of seconds is out of bounds.
Posted By: SteelHack Re: Other games - 12/29/13 11:28 PM
No matter if they get in or not....I would just like to point out that when asked to predict back at 0-4 I said I thought the Steelers would go on a run and be right in the hunt for a playoff spot at the end. I was laughed at and mocked (more than normal LOL) told to keep dreaming and that they are DONE ( I really need to start copying and saving some of these)

I didn't see it having to be in the hands of another...(I really thought they would be at 9-7 and just be in)
but Ill take it.

HACK
Posted By: YTownBrownsFan Re: Other games - 12/29/13 11:29 PM
Congrats anyway. Coming back from 0-4 to the cusp of the playoffs is damn impressive.
Posted By: SteelHack Re: Other games - 12/29/13 11:32 PM
They really started to gel down the stretch on Off....the defense is kind of a mess.....I still don't think they are good enough to overcome to many mistakes...but they are getting hot at the right time...so if they can manage to get to the dance...who knows what will happen.

HACK
Posted By: 1oldMutt Re: Other games - 12/29/13 11:35 PM
LeGarret Blount and his character issues(?) are running all over the Bills.
Great draft pick Billy B.
Posted By: Woofurious Re: Other games - 12/29/13 11:41 PM
Quote:

No matter if they get in or not....I would just like to point out that when asked to predict back at 0-4 I said I thought the Steelers would go on a run and be right in the hunt for a playoff spot at the end. I was laughed at and mocked (more than normal LOL) told to keep dreaming and that they are DONE ( I really need to start copying and saving some of these)

I didn't see it having to be in the hands of another...(I really thought they would be at 9-7 and just be in)
but Ill take it.

HACK

Posted By: SteelHack Re: Other games - 12/29/13 11:44 PM

MMMMMM COOKIE
Posted By: clevesteve Re: Other games - 12/30/13 12:13 AM
Jc...

Aaaahahahahahahaaa
Posted By: SteelHack Re: Other games - 12/30/13 12:15 AM
LOL....YOU GOT TO BE KIDDING ME!!!!

HACK
Posted By: clevesteve Re: Other games - 12/30/13 12:42 AM
Wow. Tough way to go.
Posted By: jfanent Re: Other games - 12/30/13 12:43 AM
Nice to see Dawson get a couple long FG's to win the game.
Posted By: Dawgs4Life Re: Other games - 12/30/13 12:44 AM
That's a heart breaker for the Steelers. They did everything they had to do the last two weeks ... my sympa ... err
Posted By: candyman92 Re: Other games - 12/30/13 12:44 AM
YOU STAY CLASSY SAN DIEGO
Posted By: DjangoBrown Re: Other games - 12/30/13 12:45 AM
Finally some good news today
Posted By: 1oldMutt Re: Other games - 12/30/13 12:45 AM
IND and the game they sat everyone and we missed out comes to mind
Posted By: SteelHack Re: Other games - 12/30/13 12:46 AM
Most exciting game all year for me....I still think that either he was down short...or he fumbled...you cant let them extend the play right up till the fumble.

HACK
Posted By: Woofurious Re: Other games - 12/30/13 12:54 AM
Quote:

Finally some good news today

YES!! MAYBE THERE IS A GOD AFTERALL!!!

Sorry Hack. Really I am.....
Posted By: CalDawg Re: Other games - 12/30/13 01:03 AM
At least the day wasn't total $#!%.
Posted By: TripleOption Re: Other games - 12/30/13 01:16 AM
Wow, what a play at the end of the GB vs. CHI game...

What a great day of football in general.
Posted By: Adam_P Re: Other games - 12/30/13 04:08 AM
Dallas just had the same improper play clock/delay of game penalty happen to them.
Posted By: CalDawg Re: Other games - 12/30/13 04:41 AM
Quote:

I love almost everything about the Packers. I hate almost everything about the Browns. Hm... I may actually be a Packers fan.
Posted By: candyman92 Re: Other games - 12/30/13 06:27 AM
Quote:

Quote:

I love almost everything about the Packers. I hate almost everything about the Browns. Hm... I may actually be a Packers fan.

I love Aaron Rodgers. He's an awesome, cocky, Southern Cali boy and is one of the most talented QBs ever. He's still the best in the world.
Posted By: Adam_P Re: Other games - 12/30/13 06:35 AM
Quote:

Southern Cali boy

Not so much
Posted By: candyman92 Re: Other games - 12/30/13 08:51 AM
Quote:

Quote:

Southern Cali boy

Not so much

For some reason I thought he was born around LA, whoops.
Posted By: Adam_P Re: Other games - 12/30/13 03:20 PM
I'm just being needlessly semantic
© DawgTalkers.net