DawgTalkers.net
Posted By: Milk Man Re: 6th Round WR Donovan Peoples-Jones Mich - 04/25/20 08:08 PM
Really would have preferred KJ Hill, but Peoples-Jones has the higher ceiling.

Dane Brugler had him as his 24th rated WR.

Not a huge fan of this pick. He;s a guy with tools ..... but not the production to match.
Posted By: Milk Man Re: 6th Round WR Donovan Peoples-Jones Mich - 04/25/20 08:10 PM
From PFF's draft guide..,

He's had ceiling, and yet has stayed locked to the floor.

He's a real "Meh" pick, to me. I don't see him becoming anything in the NFL. It is the 6th though. Maybe the lights will come on when his paycheck depends on it.
Another Robiskie or Massaqiou 2.0
If you are going to waste a pick taking a shot on a guy that "should" be a good player... this is were you do it. thumbsup
Love. This. Pick.
Originally Posted By: Iluvmyxstripper

Possibly...but I don't remember those guys having his kind of athleticism.
Posted By: FL_Dawg Re: 6th Round WR Donovan Peoples-Jones Mich - 04/25/20 08:20 PM
Originally Posted By: GratefulDawg

Can't argue with that.
Posted By: cfrs15 Re: 6th Round WR Donovan Peoples-Jones Mich - 04/25/20 08:20 PM
Buying a lottery ticket at the end of the draft like this is never a bad thing. The guy is a 99th percentile athlete at the wide receiver position. You take him and hope he turns into something and if not he was probably not going to be anything anyway as a sixth round pick.

https://www.mockdraftable.com/player/donovan-peoples-jones
Just got back from preaching a funeral someone catch me up ...
Posted By: Dave Re: 6th Round WR Donovan Peoples-Jones Mich - 04/25/20 08:21 PM
I thought I read he was also a KR/PR. Is that right?

Why don't we ever draft Ohio State guys.
Posted By: FL_Dawg Re: 6th Round WR Donovan Peoples-Jones Mich - 04/25/20 08:25 PM
Originally Posted By: Dave
I thought I read he was also a KR/PR. Is that right?

Yes Dave
Posted By: cfrs15 Re: 6th Round WR Donovan Peoples-Jones Mich - 04/25/20 08:26 PM

Both of those guys were drafted in the second round.
I didnt realize what a freak athlete he is .. seems to me he wasn’t refined/developed in that crappy Michigan system.

Can we do it? We’ll see
Whenever I watched him in college I always knew there was something different about this guy.
Looks like he targets the ball well.
This is a smart pick. He has incredible upside and it was the sixth round.
Was this our last pick
Originally Posted By: PastorMarc
Was this our last pick

Yep. Last pick. We traded our 7th yesterday.
Originally Posted By: YTownBrownsFan
Not a huge fan of this pick. He;s a guy with tools ..... but not the production to match.

A wide reciever is only as good as his QB and Michigan had one of the most overrated.
Originally Posted By: HotBYoungTurk
Originally Posted By: PastorMarc
Was this our last pick

Yep. Last pick. We traded our 7th yesterday.

Saints right?
Posted By: KashDawg Re: 6th Round WR Donovan Peoples-Jones Mich - 04/25/20 08:41 PM
Originally Posted By: Psydeffect

A wide reciever is only as good as his QB and Michigan had one of the most overrated.

Michigan never had the supporting players to maximize his potential. I always thought he looked like a stud when he had a chance, just not many chances at good catchable balls
Yeah saints
Originally Posted By: Dawg Duty

Why don't we ever draft Ohio State guys.

Hey why don't they?

Maybe just not a fit.

https://twitter.com/Browns/status/1254147503857053700
Posted By: FL_Dawg Re: 6th Round WR Donovan Peoples-Jones Mich - 04/25/20 08:44 PM
Yes.
Posted By: Ballpeen Re: 6th Round WR Donovan Peoples-Jones Mich - 04/25/20 08:48 PM
Looks good enough to me. At this point you are just throwing darts while wearing a blindfold.
Posted By: cle23 Re: 6th Round WR Donovan Peoples-Jones Mich - 04/25/20 08:50 PM
DPJ will take over as our punt and kick returner pretty early I'd bet.
Posted By: BADdog Re: 6th Round WR Donovan Peoples-Jones Mich - 04/25/20 08:52 PM
Do we still have higgins
Originally Posted By: BADdog
Do we still have higgins
hes unsigned IIRC
It's too early for me to recognize that acronym.
44.5" vertical...wow! Red Zone jump ball.
Originally Posted By: bbrowns32
44.5" vertical...wow! Red Zone jump ball.
I’m shocked at his jumping numbers lol .. you cant get much higher than that with his size
Posted By: FL_Dawg Re: 6th Round WR Donovan Peoples-Jones Mich - 04/25/20 09:20 PM
Originally Posted By: cfrs15

Both of those guys were drafted in the second round.

Those where some ruff times for that position group ... from any perspective.

Glad those days are gone thumbsup
Posted By: DiamDawg Re: 6th Round WR Donovan Peoples-Jones Mich - 04/25/20 09:21 PM
J/c

I like this pick more than I did any of the 4 or 5 WR’s we drafted when Sashi was running things ... dude was in a HORRIBLE SITUATION ...

Anyone know if he can catch? .. no clue about his hands .. Ricardo Louis has scarred me for life .. *L* ...
Posted By: FL_Dawg Re: 6th Round WR Donovan Peoples-Jones Mich - 04/25/20 09:27 PM
Originally Posted By: DiamDawg
J/c

I like this pick more than I did any of the 4 or 5 WR’s we drafted when Sashi was running things ... dude was in a HORRIBLE SITUATION ...

Anyone know if he can catch? .. no clue about his hands .. Ricardo Louis has scarred me for life .. *L* ...

Hands are good, but he doesn't always snatch the ball and lets it get into his body ... but he is no Greg Little bro...
Originally Posted By: cle23

Absolutley we need that ..
Posted By: DiamDawg Re: 6th Round WR Donovan Peoples-Jones Mich - 04/25/20 09:37 PM
Ty sir ...

Palms up guy ... wink ...
Posted By: FL_Dawg Re: 6th Round WR Donovan Peoples-Jones Mich - 04/25/20 09:47 PM
Ty sir ...

thumbsup
Posted By: Ballpeen Re: 6th Round WR Donovan Peoples-Jones Mich - 04/25/20 09:51 PM
Ty sir ...

Quincy....in a horrible youth accident he lost both thumbs.

Think about that. The guy overcame and became a receiver with no thumbs.

You try to do that.
Posted By: kwhip Re: 6th Round WR Donovan Peoples-Jones Mich - 04/25/20 10:12 PM
Originally Posted By: Ballpeen
Ty sir ...

You try to do that.

Who?

What?
Posted By: Dave Re: 6th Round WR Donovan Peoples-Jones Mich - 04/25/20 10:20 PM
Quincy Morgan had no thumbs? That explains a lot.
I never saw Quincy Morgan make a clean catch with his fingertips
O H !
Ty sir ...

You try to do that.

shennanigans https://www.ebay.com/itm/TOPPS-Quincy-Mo...s-/153096220806
Posted By: BpG Re: 6th Round WR Donovan Peoples-Jones Mich - 04/26/20 01:55 AM
This is a great pick. Freak athlete that testing off the charts at the combine.

Probably had the worst power 5 QB's I have ever seen during his career.

KJ Hill sucks, don't understand the love.

This was a good pick on athleticism alone.
Donovan Peoples-Jones: ‘I Never Really Imagined This’

Chris Balas • TheWolverine
Senior Editor

The “best pick of the sixth round” is how ESPN.com’s Matt Bowen characterized Donovan Peoples-Jones to the Cleveland Browns, and it’s hard to argue that it looks like a steal … at least on paper. Peoples-Jones’ productivity never matched the hype in Ann Arbor, but his combine numbers and athleticism were never in question.

His next step is to put it all together on the football field. He “just needed one chance,” he said, and he thanked the Browns for giving it to him. He expects to make an early impact as the No. 3 receiver behind Odell Beckham Jr. and Jarvis Landry and also to return punts and/or kicks.

"I am very excited … it is great because I actually got a chance to meet both [Beckham and Landry],” Peoples-Jones told reporters in a conference call. “I was getting some tips from Jarvis while I was down in Florida training for the NFL Combine. Me and him have started to develop our relationship. Those guys are Pro Bowl guys. I just can't wait to learn from them.

"I am so ready. There is going to be a lot of work put in before that, but I am so ready, and I am blessed with this opportunity."

Peoples-Jones caught passes from quarterback Shea Patterson in two of his three years, but he was asked if playing with “multiple” quarterbacks at Michigan was tough. He also bristled at the suggestion that he might have underachieved in Ann Arbor.

"It was challenging, but I think it made me better,” he said. “I was able to adjust. I think I am ready for whatever adjustment comes in my future. I am blessed to go through everything that I went through.

“[But] I do not think that is a fair criticism. I did what I could when I had the opportunity. It honestly does not matter now. I am looking at how to get better. I am looking to do everything I can for the Browns offense and the team in general."

Waiting until day three and the sixth round to be selected when many projected him as a first- or second-day pick was tough, he continued.

"I never really imagined this, but I am so blessed and so grateful that the Browns selected me and believe in me,” he said, insistent he’d remember the long list of receivers taken before him. "Personally, I love competition. Personally, I rise when the competition rises.

"I am not even one to speak on [his place among other receivers taken earlier]. I think that the rankings will reveal itself in the next couple years. I am blessed to be part of this organization, and I am blessed to get a chance. I don't feel like I started [fully showing my potential] personally, but I have upped my training. I feel like I'm ready, and I feel like it is going to be a great next couple years."

Late in the draft, Bowen noted, teams are targeting traits, and Peoples-Jones checked the boxes.

“At 6-2 and 212 pounds, with 4.48 speed and a 44.5-inch vertical jump, the Michigan product has excellent size and athleticism,” he said. “Special teams value will play a role as he competes for snaps at wide receiver in the Cleveland offense.”

And he’s excited to get started, though admittedly surprised the Browns were the team that ultimately selected him.

“I did talk to them a little bit at the combine and felt really good about them. It is a blessing,” he said. “I'm just glad they circled back and remembered me.

"I'm so excited to play with players like Baker [Mayfield], Odell and Jarvis. They are really good players, and I think that I can come in and soak up a lot information from them and really take it all in. I'm really excited."

https://michigan.rivals.com/news/michiga...his-?yptr=yahoo
https://mobile.twitter.com/DustinFox37/status/1254257416667115520

Urban Meyer approves
Posted By: Ballpeen Re: 6th Round WR Donovan Peoples-Jones Mich - 04/26/20 10:28 AM
The guy is a steal. Might be a HOF type steal.

Just wait and see.
Posted By: eotab Re: 6th Round WR Donovan Peoples-Jones Mich - 04/26/20 11:05 AM

Not even close:
Amazing vertical leap, good hands and don't forget we got an excellent WR coach and two veteran WRs to mentor him.

Without a doubt by far the BPA when we picked. This kid had 2nd round talent that we got in the 6th. Yes he will have to work hard but if he does the Reward is great, The risk??? a 6th round pick on an already talented team. Good pick and this is what I was saying that you can get a good WR anywhere in the draft. I think we got the best Bang for the Buck!

jmho

Just wait and see.

I will. Hopefully you're right.

Just wait and see.

I will. Hopefully you're right.

I concur. I would love to see him use that chip on his shoulder to be our #3.

I doubt we will even run many 4 WR or 5 WR sets this year.
Urban Meyer seems to think he has top 10 type of talent ... which would be a pretty nice addition
I agree. He has all the tools and a good attitude. He also has good mentors in JL and OBJ. With all that he can be as good as he wants to be. JMO
Posted By: cfrs15 Re: 6th Round WR Donovan Peoples-Jones Mich - 04/26/20 03:29 PM

Just wait and see.

This is the kiss of death.
Posted By: Milk Man Re: 6th Round WR Donovan Peoples-Jones Mich - 04/26/20 03:52 PM

Just wait and see.

This is the kiss of death.

Pour a little out for Scooby Wright, Tim Tebow and JFF.
Posted By: Milk Man Re: 6th Round WR Donovan Peoples-Jones Mich - 04/26/20 03:52 PM
I think the Jones pick was great value as far as talent is concerned. In the late rounds draft the talent and then see if it can be coached up. Just look at his combine. He did some special things. He could be a red zone threat. He could be a punt returner. He could also if he improves some day be a starting wide receiver.
Haha or Joe Echemandu or whatever
Originally Posted By: Dawgs4Life
Urban Meyer seems to think he has top 10 type of talent ... which would be a pretty nice addition

Is that number a typo? Wasn't this the "hard ball" "jump ball" quality we chose Edwards for/

Deja vu all over again. Depends on the refs *L*

Welcome. Win.
Posted By: Hammer Re: 6th Round WR Donovan Peoples-Jones Mich - 04/26/20 04:27 PM
Get this kid the ball in space and watch him go. Great pick in the 6th round.
Yes I am so glad Harbaugh didn't know how to use him because he was scary good even against Ohio States Secondary ...
Yeah he was ... you can tell Urban wanted to say that but didnt haha
I think he could potentially be a Josh Cribbs type (maybe not quite on his level) special teamer. Not Travis benjamin super fast, but has savvy and toughness. Has experience returning and the body type to cover. Plus, he has upside at WR. In the 6th round, I'm not sure what more people expect. If he was a perfect prospect, he would have gone sooner. He had to deal with subpar QB play and a run heavy offense. Maybe like Burrow did at LSU, he'll flourish in a new scheme.
Something seems different about Urban Meyer in that video. Can't quite put my finger on it...
Posted By: Pdawg Re: 6th Round WR Donovan Peoples-Jones Mich - 04/26/20 07:52 PM
I’m really happy with this pick. He has all the measurable characteristics you would want. From what I have seen he also has the hands. The lack of production from his college days may have had something to do with scheme and QB play. If not we only spent a 6th on him.
Nico Collins is the WR from Michigan to watch next year...DPJ is a very talented WR whom I'm glad we were able to get so late into the draft.
Sounds like he's a risk to be a big 'meh', but I'd say late rounds is a perfect place to roll the dice.
Posted By: GMdawg Re: 6th Round WR Donovan Peoples-Jones Mich - 04/27/20 09:39 AM

Only if he can beat out JoJo Natson.
Originally Posted By: GMdawg

Only if he can beat out JoJo Natson.

I love his fries.

We have all summer for that battle to take place..... if there are mini-camps, that is. It's going to be a long, boring summer with not much to talk about if they end up not having camps.

Might have to set up a quarantine situation where all the guys come live in Berea and have zero outside contact or something? But, if they don't do it for everyone, would it even matter? How the heck do you hold camps in the current world?
Posted By: GMdawg Re: 6th Round WR Donovan Peoples-Jones Mich - 04/27/20 12:17 PM
OK QB's you line up over there

Posted By: BpG Re: 6th Round WR Donovan Peoples-Jones Mich - 04/27/20 01:40 PM
I'd take what Urban is saying with a grain of salt. He is absolutely throwing knives at the school up north.
Posted By: FL_Dawg Re: 6th Round WR Donovan Peoples-Jones Mich - 04/27/20 02:31 PM
WRs' selected after DPJ

6th)
Quez Watkins, Southern Mississippi

James Proche, Southern Methodist

Isaiah Hodgins, Oregon State

Dezmon Patmon, Washington State

Freddie Swain, Florida

7th)

Jauan Jennings, Tennessee

K.J. Hill, Ohio State

Malcolm Perry, Navy

Tyrie Cleveland, Florida
You mean we had another shot at a guy named Cleveland!? Dangit!!!
Posted By: FL_Dawg Re: 6th Round WR Donovan Peoples-Jones Mich - 04/27/20 02:39 PM
Originally Posted By: oobernoober
You mean we had another shot at a guy named Cleveland!? Dangit!!!

I know, right! brownie
Donovan Peoples-Jones has 80-1 odds to win NFL Offensive Rookie of the Year. Not bad for a sixth round pick!
https://twitter.com/BenAxelrod/status/1254780490680164363
Originally Posted By: GratefulDawg
Donovan Peoples-Jones has 80-1 odds to win NFL Offensive Rookie of the Year. Not bad for a sixth round pick!
https://twitter.com/BenAxelrod/status/1254780490680164363
wow, thats actually good odds lol
Let's watch this kid and KJ Hill over the next couple of years .. The Raven's are really terrible at Drafting Defensive players also.. ( Think Harrison ) .. Track Davis and Chin at Safety also..
Posted By: bonefish Re: 6th Round WR Donovan Peoples-Jones Mich - 04/27/20 09:53 PM

Just finished watching tape on this young man.

Frankly some of the stuff I read on his thread from this Board; I don't get.

IMO if "PJ" would have gone to a school with a QB and a system fit to his skills. He would not be taken in the sixth. You would be lucky to get him in the second.

What is not to like. He has size. He catches the ball. He is a good returner. So he is elusive. He can jump.

If the offense you play for has a poor qb and does not have a feature pass game. What can a player do?

He will have to learn how to run a NFL route tree. He will have to learn about blocking downfield. Those skills can be taught.

You can't teach his measureables.

Playing with Landry and Odell will take this kid a long way in learning about preparation.

I have no idea why he was there in the sixth round.

But I think the Browns were very fortunate to get him.

It may take next season to learn but he has great potential. I think right off he will really help special teams.
Posted By: Pdawg Re: 6th Round WR Donovan Peoples-Jones Mich - 04/27/20 10:19 PM
I like the pick but for his three year career he only had 102 receptions for 1327 yards. That is an underwhelming production total for a guy with his skill set. I think a lot of that has to do with his QB and the fact Michigan likes to run.
Sounds like we basically committed robbery in the 6th.
Posted By: Ballpeen Re: 6th Round WR Donovan Peoples-Jones Mich - 04/27/20 10:25 PM
lol
Posted By: Pdawg Re: 6th Round WR Donovan Peoples-Jones Mich - 04/27/20 10:28 PM
Originally Posted By: PrplPplEater
Sounds like we basically committed robbery in the 6th.

Hope so. fingerscrossed
Posted By: Pdawg Re: 6th Round WR Donovan Peoples-Jones Mich - 04/28/20 02:42 AM
Posted By: Ballpeen Re: 6th Round WR Donovan Peoples-Jones Mich - 04/28/20 01:19 PM
I think he will be good.
Seems like a pretty decisive, downhill runner on returns, like Cribbs was. Hopefully he can be that in the NFL. Also positions and turns himself well on back shoulder throws.

I do worry about his production but seems like a decent 6th round pick.
I can't believe I'm saying this about a Browns roster, but he probably came to a great place. OBJ and Landry will keep him from being pressed into action too soon, and he can learn from them. Landry, in particular, seemed to be one to try to take promising young WRs under his wing.
With Stefanski's penchant for using 12, 13, 21, and even 22 personnel groups, the 3rd WR on the field may be more rumor than reality this coming season.

We'll probably carry only 4 or 5 WR on the final roster .... with maybe 4 TE, 3 RB, and a FB.
I agree Y town ... I can see 5 WR being kept, 4 TE, 3 RB and a FB

The ideal WR room: OBJ, Landry, Higgins, DPJ, and whichever guy we deem most versatile
I am starting to doubt that we will bring Higgins back. I hope I'm wrong, but I just don't see them investing in a guy who would be on the field only very rarely.
I am starting to doubt that we will bring Higgins back. I hope I'm wrong, but I just don't see them investing in a guy who would be on the field only very rarely.
The longer it goes, the more I think he’ll be back. He doesn’t seem to have much interest elsewhere and his price tag will be where we want it IMO.

But, I can see where we just say thanks but no thanks too
I could see Berry/Stefanski telling him to be ready in case Stefanski isn't liking what he sees out of the back-end guys still on the roster (Ratley, etc) during camp/TC.
Posted By: cfrs15 Re: 6th Round WR Donovan Peoples-Jones Mich - 04/28/20 04:23 PM

I think the Higgins ship us sailed.
Posted By: cfrs15 Re: 6th Round WR Donovan Peoples-Jones Mich - 04/28/20 04:25 PM
With Stefanski's penchant for using 12, 13, 21, and even 22 personnel groups, the 3rd WR on the field may be more rumor than reality this coming season.

We'll probably carry only 4 or 5 WR on the final roster .... with maybe 4 TE, 3 RB, and a FB.

Our third wide receiver, right now, is very important because of the injuries to Landry and OBJ.
Posted By: FL_Dawg Re: 6th Round WR Donovan Peoples-Jones Mich - 04/28/20 05:53 PM
Originally Posted By: Dawgs4Life
I agree Y town ... I can see 5 WR being kept, 4 TE, 3 RB and a FB

The ideal WR room: OBJ, Landry, Higgins, DPJ, and whichever guy we deem most versatile

That would be Hodge who is also a good STs' Gunner...

...but Higs is no longer here, so the battle will be for the remaining roster spot.
(I was impressed with Montgomery last summer.)

Oh! And don't be surprised to see an equal number of TEs' make the final roster.
Posted By: cfrs15 Re: 6th Round WR Donovan Peoples-Jones Mich - 04/28/20 06:55 PM

Dumb ass.

Dumb ass.

No, you nailed it. The Higgins ship sailed around Lake Erie and came back to where it started.
I am happy to be wrong. laugh
Originally Posted By: CapCity Dawg

Dumb ass.

No, you nailed it. The Higgins ship sailed around Lake Erie and came back to where it started.

this. is. hilarious.
Posted By: eotab Re: 6th Round WR Donovan Peoples-Jones Mich - 04/28/20 09:41 PM
keep in mind although on this board he is not thought of much but Njoku, who we just signed his extension is virtually a WR with the moniker of TE.

We have Austin Hooper or the Rookie Bryant and possibly Brown or Carlson (Harrison...lol) as our traditional Y TE. But unless its a definite passing down we will not find Njoku lined up as our Y TE.

So right now I view our starting WRs as Landry, OBJ and Njoku...what we do from there I don't know. They seem to like Ratley, Montgomery and Hodges from our current roster. So DPJ will have to compete with those 3 for a roster spot. Not sure if we will carry 3 RBs if we carry a FB.

jmho
Sad realization: Higgins is the first wide receiver we drafted who we also resigned.

Edit: since the return
It has to start sometime. Let's hope it's the first of many.
Posted By: Ballpeen Re: 6th Round WR Donovan Peoples-Jones Mich - 04/29/20 11:10 AM

Four TE's seems like a lot, but if we play 2 half the time, maybe not. I know we drafted a good looking prospect, and I know Hooper is a good player. I also like that kid from last year, Carlson I believe. For a big guy, he made a petty darn athletic catch for a TD. Don't close your eyes on that kid.

Njoku? More hype than substance IMO. This is a big year for him. He looks the part no doubt. He just can't seem to figure it out.

Funny how life works. I have the eye and mind of a tiger, but, the body more like, I don't know, maybe a anteater?

Njoku has the body of a tiger, but he thinks like a anteater.

God has a sense of humor. Possibly even a little warped. Well, I guess not that. S/He is trying to teach us lessons.

I say S/He because God can be anything. If you don't treat women properly, God is going to be a woman. Maybe pretty, maybe like that 63 year old 2nd grade teacher you hated. If you don't like men, God is going to be a man sitting there like a father getting ready to spank one of his children. We've all seen that look, fathers are the end game punishers. You didn't want Mom sending you to Dad. If you don't like black people, God is going to look like coal. If you don't like white people, God is going to be the whitest albino you have ever seen.

God is anything S/He wants to be at any given moment.
Posted By: eotab Re: 6th Round WR Donovan Peoples-Jones Mich - 04/29/20 11:39 AM
Originally Posted By: dawglover05
Sad realization: Higgins is the first wide receiver we drafted who we also resigned.

It actually defines the total incompetence of our GM/Personnel/Coaches involved with the draft and building our team. Cause since 1999 we invested in overall picks:
#32, #32, #79, #33, #47, #3, #78, 36, 50, 59, 100, 15,
these are all the top 100 picks we invested in WR over the years.

On WR and only #172 in the 5th round was worthy to sign to a 2nd contract and that is just a one year signing.

So this 2020 class was a very strong WR class 17 in the top 100 picks. One of the best and its the kind of draft that you can get a starter anywhere in this draft. Including #187.

So it seems that competition is wide open for WRs 3 on I still say if healthy Njoku is the 3rd WR even though he has the moniker of TE. I think DPJ will get a free ride this year unless he proves to be totally inept. Rookies usually get that free ride when competition is close.

jmho
Posted By: dawg66 Re: 6th Round WR Donovan Peoples-Jones Mich - 04/29/20 03:08 PM

That is false, we resigned Dennis Northcutt.
Posted By: cfrs15 Re: 6th Round WR Donovan Peoples-Jones Mich - 04/29/20 03:15 PM
Originally Posted By: dawg66

That is false, we resigned Dennis Northcutt.

This appears to be true. Everything is a lie.
Ah yes, Cutt baby
Ok... so only 1. Still sad.
Originally Posted By: FL_Dawg
WRs' selected after DPJ

6th)

Freddie Swain, Florida

7th)

K.J. Hill, Ohio State

Malcolm Perry, Navy

Tyrie Cleveland, Florida

Only 1 or 2 of these guys make a roster.

I feel confident that DPJ will make the roster. I also think he has a good support structure and something to prove.
I think you’re right. Proche and KJ Hill probably as well, but I think DPJ is as good a bet as any
Posted By: lampdogg Re: 6th Round WR Donovan Peoples-Jones Mich - 04/29/20 05:35 PM
We won’t have to rush him, either. We have enough talented vets to ease his workload in his rookie year.
Posted By: FL_Dawg Re: 6th Round WR Donovan Peoples-Jones Mich - 04/29/20 08:30 PM
Originally Posted By: CleVeLaNd_sTrife
WRs' selected after DPJ

6th)

Freddie Swain, Florida

7th)

K.J. Hill, Ohio State

Malcolm Perry, Navy

Tyrie Cleveland, Florida

I feel confident that DPJ will make the roster. I also think he has a good support structure and something to prove.

Also DPJ was the best RS from the position from the 4th round onwards imo.
WRs' selected after DPJ

6th)

Freddie Swain, Florida

7th)

K.J. Hill, Ohio State

Malcolm Perry, Navy

Tyrie Cleveland, Florida

Joe Reed would disagree lol but after him it was probably DPJ
Posted By: FL_Dawg Re: 6th Round WR Donovan Peoples-Jones Mich - 04/30/20 03:17 PM
Originally Posted By: tru_dawgs
WRs' selected after DPJ

6th)

Freddie Swain, Florida

7th)

K.J. Hill, Ohio State

Malcolm Perry, Navy

Tyrie Cleveland, Florida

Joe Reed would disagree lol but after him it was probably DPJ

I see Reed as a ST guy, with little upside as a WR...
Posted By: Ballpeen Re: 6th Round WR Donovan Peoples-Jones Mich - 04/30/20 08:37 PM
I think Jauan Jennigs can be a good player. The Vols have been down for several years, so Jenning drew a lot of attention and still produced.
© DawgTalkers.net